Reviews of Hotel Astoria City Center 3 stars

1 Lapusneanu Street, 700057 Iaşi, Romania

#22 of 33 hotels in Iaşi

• Economy Attic Single Room

Very poor level of everyday cleanup. I didn't get the in-advance-offered breakfast package during early checkout, The receptionist allegedly couldn't find it...

Very good location directly in the center of Iasi city.

• Economy Attic Twin Room

there was electricity problems in the room, air condition is not strong enough' first day towels was not change and roo was not cleaned,

location is very good' they have London Pub Bar very good, מלון מרכזי של 3 כוכבים

• Double or Twin Room

Upon arrival i received the room which I did not book. The room was dirty. No bath supplies were in bathroom. No slippers. The bed cover was very dirty and i think never changed since many years. The carpet was dusty and dirty. Every day I was asking reception to clean the room, and it was always made not completely. You have to always ask for cleaning, for bath supplies and for towels. Towels very old. Really no one care about the guests and rooms.

Only the location!

• Business Twin Room

I was asked if I check-in alone, even if the room was booked for one person and I was alone at reception. Bathroom shower and worm water were poor. Water not hot enough and not enough pressure; Showering was difficult because some devices issues.

Location of the hotel is great. This is the reason of choosing it.

• Economy Attic Single Room

I found a big spider in my room and had to talk to the receptionist to send someone to kill it. The bathroom was not that clean and the furniture was old. I was expecting a bit more from a 3-star hotel.

The location was excellent, friendly staff.

• Economy Attic Single Room

I asked for the bill to be bussines tipe(at least 3 times).when i saw the bill it was on my name without any company name I previosly requested. I told them to be kind and change it because it s bussines travel.The next morning the lady was really rude telling me that It was my fault, I told them wrong...after all they change it but the lady was really rude even if I know for sure I told them a few times.It's normal to make mistakes but than take the responsability, don't say it's my fault over and over.

Breakfest was delicios!good location in the city center

• Double or Twin Room

when i asked for a bottle opener, the receptionist told me that they do have one indeed but some other customer took it in his room. that made me sad and amused at the same time. Seriously just one bottle opener for the whole place? hope that you’re working on this

we choose this hotel for a night stay, due to unforeseen circumstances. i didn’t knew what to expect from them but i was pleasantly surprised. The room we had was warm, clean and very spacious. it was also a bit noisy for my taste, but we weren’t there for sleep and it didn’t bother me that much.

Very dark and gloomy the reception area. Address mentioned in Booking is not really the address where you find the parking.

Location and possibility to park my car!

• Economy Attic Twin Room

Rooms are a little bit old but in good condition.

Nice stuff and the location is perfect, in the center near all the touristic places. The room was hot and good shower.

• Economy Attic Twin Room

We have booked a twin room and we got a room with two separate beds. The walls were so thin, we could hear what our neighbours were talking and the street noise and couldn't sleep. The waterflow at the sync was very thin. We couldn't flush the toilet properly. The tv remote stoped working from time to time. Although it was a double room, we only had one glass. And usualy,a 3 star hotel provides a small tooth paste.

The room was clean.

• Business Twin Room

- On check-in I was given the wrong room, which was annoying after a 9h flight. - Single bed was awful to sleep on. - Shower had little pressure for my liking. - WiFi was a joke :|

- Location was very convenient. - Staff were friendly - Temp in the room was manageable. - Mini-bar and fridge was big and good. - Space and storage space was very good.

• Economy Attic Twin Room

Bar staff a bit miserable, but seems separate to the hotel.

Comfy beds, nice polite staff especially the young lady whom checked us in, very helpful hotel staff and clean rooms, well stocked room bar, warm showers at all times, clean hotel and lift access.

• Economy Attic Twin Room

I booked the economy attic so the room was a bit small, and the window was also quite small and positioned a bit too high so it wasn't possible to see too much through it

The hotel is positioned very well, in the center in the Union Square, the staff is very welcoming and polite and is a fair value for money

• Economy Attic Single Room

Airport shuttle it a joke Free airport shuttle means for Astoria hotel to call a cab am YOU have to pay it. I don't know how they can says it is free. Maybe they don't understand FREE word

Position

• Economy Attic Single Room

The problems with the card key ... it wasn't work after one day. But this is happening to all hotels where are this type of key.

Friendly staff, helpful to help. Good condition of room clean, cosy and warm. The breakfast surprising very rich, diversified ... for everyone taste.

• Business Twin Room

This hotel is situated in walking are from the downtown, very close to all major attractions. The rooms are clean. the breakfast is great, with a lot of options.

• Business Twin Room

It was really amazing in terms of convenient service and location. Convenient to travel anywhere from this hotel that is in the center. Quiet and clean and excellent service, greetings.

• Double or Twin Room

Very noisy. I could not sleep at all. Noise from other rooms, as well as constant noise from outside from people crossing in front of the hotel when going home at night after partying in the city centre. The bed and pillows were very uncomfotable. Could not sleep at all. Also the hotel could improve the situation in bathrooms, soap etc..

Good location in city center, very friendly staff. Staff is pretty much the only plus this hotel has besides the location.

Some Noise from outside, on Saturday night

Friendly staff, very accommodating with all requests. Central Location next to bars and restaurants. Warm room, nicely refurbished.

• Double or Twin Room

Reservations for Spa (jacuzzi impossible to make even staff confirmed one day before that there were available places); Old furniture carpets for 3 stars; Pillow not comfortable; TV remote and AC remote no batteries: waited 2 hours to get battery from reception

Central Location

• Business Twin Room

No parking spaces available when I stayed there. Furniture in the room antiquated. Faucets in the bathroom old and in poor working condition. Apart from liquid soap, no other toiletries or amenities provided. Carpets on the corridors stained and worn.

Location is good. The reception desk staff is nice and the wi-fi is fine, but that's about where positive comments stop.

• Economy Attic Single Room

Smoking room with cigarette odour. No breakfast included. Bed ridiculous small. No parking offered. No elevator to last floor. In spite I marked non-smoking and breakfast during reservation. I got confirmed parking by email but not offered at check-in.

Location at pedestrian street at city center. London style pub at premises.

• Double or Twin Room

What to start with: - extremly dirty (the duvet on the bed looked liked someone vomit on them and it wasn't cleaned) - the bedshits were broken and smell linke someone already slept in them - the carpet was incredibly dirty - one bed was close to the windows and my husband who is not at all picky at hotels said he couldn't sleept well because of how bad the curtain smelled - in the morning I wanted to drink a chocolate at their restaurant, surprise, the machine gave me just water; there were flyes flying around so I chose not to eat anything there, I didn't think it was safe - although I had free cancellation until 6 pm, they called me at 11 am to confirm that I will stay at them (why?) - It was my 1st stay and visit at Iasi and you Astoria Hotel ruined my experience, I couldn't eat anything because of nausea. This hotel is not safe, it is totally unclean and unsanitary, I regret I paid 250 lei for this disaster.

Location is the only good thing

A good check in and Leonard (?) was very informative on facilities. The room was basic but comfortable, the air conditioner didn't work but this was fixed within 10 minutes. The mini bar fridge worked very well, and there was plenty of room in the wardrobe, and a reasonably spacious room. It was a very clean room although I thought the carpet needed refreshing. I thought the shower stall a bit small, but the shower was hot once it got going. Not bad for a hand held shower. Breakfast had a reasonable selection of food and plenty of it. The most enjoyable thing about the room 302, was the peace and quiet. Possibly the best room I have had in Romania for that, or there were no guests in the opposite room. Check out was by Rebecca, and was quick, efficient and easy, and made the more enjoyable by her friendly attitude and beaming smile. One of the best attitudes to guests I found in Romania. 20 minutes walk from the train station and it is very central to everything.

old bed cover

Very clean, all functional, big bathroom, large room, quick parking lot, efficient Reception staff on Sunday morning, old but good A.C. Despite it's in the shadow of the fancy Traian & Unirea H. it's the best option for almost half price!

• Double or Twin Room

It was a very dirty place the bed was uncomfortable ,the room was very small , the breakfast was supposed to be swedish one but they told us that they cancelled due to lack of guests and even if i didnt want a la card they forced me to pay without taking in consideration that i refused that breskfast to sum up avoid this hotel

Everything was great.

Great location smack in the city center! Everything in the room was great, with the added bonus of an air conditioner (it was a hot day when we arrived). Would like to note one member of the staff specifically who was super helpful with arranging transportation inside Romania about a week before arrival to the hotel and was super helpful with recommendations inside Iasi upon arrival.

• Economy Attic Twin Room

Filthy carpet, lumpy bed, insufficient indications on how to access parking lot, misleading advertisement on booking.com in that the room was described as an attic room w/o elevator access from the 4th to 5th floor ONLY AFTER I provided a credit card number.

Being able to find another hotel for the rest of my stay in Iasi.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

The room was way to small, looked more like a storage closet than a room. The bathroom was very big, it had the same area like the room. The bed was small and uncomfortable. I found it hard to find the parking, i have bypassed three times before i find it.

The breakfast was fine. Also the position in the city is very good.

This hotel seems to struggle with the concept of customer service. When I arrived my room was cold (it was early April and the ambient temperature was 10 degrees). I asked if there was anyway to heat the room and was told that this would not be possible until the evening when the heating system came on. When the heating finally came on it was very warm but I spent the afternoon wearing my jacket. The next morning I reported that there were mosquitos in my room which made it hard to sleep. I was told that the hotel could not do anything as it "didn't have a can of fly spray"! So I spent the second night hunting them down myself. And the evening before I left I asked to print my boarding pass but was told that it was not possible as the hotel didn't have a printer, just a fax. I was advised to find a printshop (this was late Saturday night). It was only when I asked for the manager's name that I was told the sister hotel (next door and internally connected) could print it for me.

The hotel is centrally located so convenient for the main sites and is easy to get to by public transport as the airport bus stops at the city's main square (Piata Unirii). My room was comfortable and well equipped although it lacked the coffee making facilities which was promised in my booking.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

We stayed in 5 different rooms. The rooms were very old and the walls are moldy. 3 out of 5 rooms didn't have hot water pressure at all! The staff pretended to take care of the problem but the there was no solution. The manager wasn't nice or helpful either. after 2 nights (out of 4) they said we have to check out or they call the authorities! This way they "treated" the problem by getting rid of us asking for solution. our vacation was ruined!!!

absolutely nothing!

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

My shower wasn't powerful enough and the cubicle wasn't big enough for me (6.3")....

Most things, friendly staff, good food, bar facility.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Economy Attic Single Room

The room was WAY too hot, could hardly fall asleep because of the heat and dry air. I ended up sleeping with the window open, which was not a good solution, given that it was December and I was coming off a bad cold.

I got a free upgrade, which was nice.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The room carpet thou clean seemed old and had some stains on it.

Great value for money. The breakfast was nourishing even if the grind coffeemaker was somewhat ill.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

The room was so small I could hardly manage to get in with my luggage... the bed was children sized and very uncomfortable.

Coffee included in breakfast was great.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• Economy Attic Single Room

The shower was... Lets just say not working properly. Flushing the toilet result in endless loop of refill of the reservoir. Elevator slow and sometimes nor opening the door. The view from some rooms is basicly the roof of the next-door hotel.

Power-outlet with permanent power. Easy to find.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

extremely hot, i needed to sleep with the window open, even if outside were 2 degrees Celsius. Spartan room fridge collated to the bed, therefor every time the fridge started to cool, i woke up thinking there is an earthquake :)

in the middle of the city, great location

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

• Economy Attic Twin Room

5th floor (attic) has no lift access. Windows were small. And we had a big earthquake in middle of the night, but that God is to blame. Most of the staff was unprofessional.

Hotel is in the centre. Hotel is clean. Breakfast was good.

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel needs total and big renovation and modernization. I understand that this is on the way, hopefully. Breakfast was dissapointing: too many dishes that should not be there for breakfast - such as eggplant salad, beetroot salad, potatos wedges and others. One can remain with the impression that these were leftovers from the previous night wedding. Hope that was not the case.

Location is excellent for downtown Iasi and visiting the amazing Palace of Culture. There are many restaurants around the hotel and you can enjoy the lively life of the town in the evenings.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

• Autumn Special Offer - Double or Twin room

We have booked two rooms, but the hotel's employee registred only one with a matrimonial bed, although we had received the booking confirmation for the 2 rooms. Once arrived, there was only a room booked in the system. We had a room with two single beds and the family room (for 3 pers.) because of this error. In this room the air conditioned didn't work, the technical came but nothing was resolved and no option was proposed. After an angry scandal the room was changed and the other couple was placed in the royal suite.

The location is very good, the price also.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Economy Attic Single Room

Old looking. The hotel needs renovation.

Very good located hotel, in the center of the city. There are a lot of Restaurants, Bars and Terraces on the street close to the Hotel. Helpful and nice staff.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Furnitures in rooms are old. Window that opening to roof is awful. Air Condition is very week. Room is just OK , nothing else.

Breakfast was very good&delicious. Location is undiscussable , easy to reach everywhere.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Economy Attic Twin Room

Luck of kettle or coffee maker in the room and small (too small) cups/mugs in the restaurant. Difficult to have hot water in the restaurant. Service very slow, not so polite: like they were at that location just to make you a favour, not to actually provide assistance/ service.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

• Economy Attic Single Room

It's not fair to pay 33 euro for the room and 6 euro for breakfast. It's almost 20% from the room's price!!! In Iasi for this price you can have a decent lunch or dinner.

• Special Offer - Double or Twin Room - Holiday Vouchers

The juice from breakfast

It was clean, in the center of the city ,the breakfast was very good

• Business Twin Room

The sanitary/water installation have to be changed/improved.

Location in core of town is the main advantage.

• Economy Attic Single Room

The sanitary ware of bathroom doesn't works and looks properly.

Ultracentral

Needs improvments

• Economy Attic Twin Room

Great location, friendly & helpful staff, cleanliness, comfort.

• Economy Attic Twin Room

Shower was extra small and pillows were very bad. And was noisy in the morning.

It was clean...

• Economy Attic Single Room

Always beginners at reception.

Location and price (34€)

• Double or Twin Room

Amenities are seriously lacking.

Perfect location and warmth during cold winter nights.

Rooms facilities

great location

• Economy Attic Twin Room

Very clean and nice. Parking is a little bit problem, but it's ok overall.

hall ceiling. It will be better if you paint white. a bit dark hall.

Location, smiling and helping staffs.

Bathroom

Staff

Beds not very comfortable

• Economy Attic Single Room

A lot of thing are broken: toilet flush, curtains, menu of room service was not there and airco was not working.

That it is close to the city center

dirt net curtains

Worst wi-fi

• Economy Attic Single Room

Fantastic Service. Visited as part of a business trip. Staff friendly and very helpful

• Double or Twin Room

Old fashioned rooms, poor breakfast

• Special Offer - Double or Twin Room with Express Breakfast included

I expected much more. Wi-Fi was a disaster.

• Economy Attic Single Room

Not so clean the bed sheets were torn, in the shower the drains were clogged

• Economy Attic Single Room

15 min to check in (no line-just me) at 21:00, after 15hrs of work, not so pleasant.

• Double or Twin Room

The cleaning can be improved.

Good breakfast and very good location.

The room was small.

Breakfast and position.

Staff were not well informed about basic tourist information for Iasi.

Location is very convenient.

• Special Offer - Double or Twin Room with Express Breakfast included

The property is located in downtown Iasi, really close to all the main attractions in the city. Staff was very helpful and kind.

• Double or Twin Room

the renewed of the room stuff

The room needs refreshment (the curtains and blankets are dusty)

• Economy Attic Single Room

wifi did not work inside de room just on the coridor

Dirty smelly dusty