Reviews of Hotel Central by Zeus International 4 stars

Str 13 Brezoianu , District 5, Sector 5, 050024 Bucharest, Romania

#148 of 220 hotels in Bucharest

• Standard Twin Room

Unfortunately room wasn't clean. Windows were really dirty and carpet doesn't smell good. It is not expensive hotel but in the middle of the center. If they work on fresh and clean they would have a lot of guests.

Breakfasts were tasty.

The best way to describe this hotel is DIRTY, the carpets and bedding were stained, the shower was orange and mouldy - I'm sure it was originally white. It was warm and the air conditioning was faulty - I notified the staff and a guy came up and tried to fix it but said that the unit was 'old and temperamental' - so no help there then!. The whole place smelt like a sewer and the limited staff were too busy smoking or watching football. I got bitten in the night - could only be from fleas or bed bugs - saw a couple of cockroaches - this was in May. Full payment was taken before I arrived so my complaints fell on deaf ears. It could be a great hotel - if they just cleaned it and fixed the broken stuff.

The central location

• Executive Double Room

very noisy room located to main street. also the window in the room was partly broken. the shower needs to be rebuild as was not so nice and perfectly clean, especially the corners in the floor. I really miss to have a restaurant, bar located inside the hotel . you have to go out for a dinner.

the location of the hotel is fine.

Noise and light issues. The place is on a major street that leads to a hospital. There are ambulances and other sirens throughout the night. Also the curtains for the window are about 10cm too thin to cover the entire window. Between the sirens going off every couple hours and the light filling the room from the streetlamps I didn't get more than 2 hours of sleep at any one time.

Clean room, easy access to old town.

Nothing , I am happy. I actually miss the place.

As I checked into this hotel the staff , Florin and Catalin both made me feel special, I was welcomed and made to feel comfortable, nothing was too hard. The bar 24/7 , location was fabulous. On check out Vlad and Christy helped me like true gentlemen.

Location was great , very close to a beautiful old park Walking distance to the old town Clean comfortable rooms Great value for money Check in and out seamless Shower pressure excellent room was a good size

• Executive Double Room

Not clean enough rooms (stains on furniture, hairs in the shower, trash cans with cigarette butts from the guests before), poor breakfast choice, which is definitely not worth 8 Eur (you can eat better in a good Bucharest restaurant for lower price).

Staff was very friendly and helpful, good wifi connection, comfy beds.

I made the reservation, they called me, i confirmed, i told then i will arrive a little bit later, they call again and again and again, 5 times they stressed me. They had just 1 room left, i think the owner is too “hungry”+ they don t have places for breakfast if the hotel is full

The only thing was that the room service is not good. I was brought the wrong order and then I was told that the Club sandwich is the only thing on the menu, even though the menu had at least 5 options.

Everything was lovely and perfect in the room. Lovely Hotel altogether

Walls are NOT soundproof. Various shouting/hammering from the corridor and from the room next door. Even in the small hours.

Very satisfying, rich breakfast. Positioned on the city center, everything is few hundred meters away.

Should need more maintenance ( the main door didn't close properly, the shower cabin would need change of gasket) and the food should be more rapidly replaced. I had to aske several times about the salads or the omlet

Very close to city center. friendly staff

Finding a parking place in the area is quite difficult.

The hotel was clean and the value for money is appropiate, but the expectations should be for a 3 stars hotel.

The bed was super comfy. The breakfast was high quality and plentiful. The room was perfect for our short stay. The location was amazing. Right in the center of everything for a tourist. Parking was pretty easy close to the property. The staff were all friendly and helpful.

The breakfast room was very small and when it had some groups of foreigners we had to wait for our turn to sit and eat. And they didn’t have a variety of things to choose to eat it was pretty basic breakfast nothing fancy.

The hotel was in the heart of the city and you don’t need car, you can walk anywhere. The room was clean in general but it had a bad smell when we arrived.

My room was facing the street and while the view was great, the sound insulation was very poor and I could hear the cars from the street. Overall the sound insulation of the rooms is very poor, I could hear other hotel guests or cleaning staff in the morning. Speaking about cleaning, looks like the rooms are very poorly maintained. The carpet looked dirty and the shower hose was full of mould. Among other issues, the curtains were not wide enough to cover the window and while I passed this feedback to the hotel staff, it was clear to me they didn't really care or take a note of it.

The location of this hotel is great. That's pretty much the only good thing about this place.

No complaints

We got an apartment, it was awesome. Very spacious, very comfortable and clean. The location is great, at walking distance from all city center attractions.

There should be a place reserved for taxi's - so that they can park outside without problems.

Overall, the room was good. Wifi was without problems. Staff was very nice/friendly. Breakfast was ok.

Food for breakfast was of poor quality. Bread wasn't always fresh. There was a kettle in the room, but the cleaning lady didn't always give new tea bags and sugar when they were used. It was very, very hot in the room and it wasn't possible to turn the heater down (only to open the window).

Great location - very close to the old town. There is McDonald's, KFC, Pizza Huta and a supermarket nearby.

The staff was poorly assisted. Rude and means, yelling at customer. Each staff advise customer different answer with same question. I book hotel with breakfast and the last day, my plane leaving at 5 :30am, I had to leave hotel at 2am so I ask if Can get the refund for breakfast for the last night , She told me NO but she would pack me the early breakfast. The day before I leaving, I asked her, now she said so early, no one will help me for breakfast and no refund for breakfast either. My friends, stayed same hotel, same situation but she gave him the fund for breakfast Same as taxi to airport, Staff advise each person differently

• Executive Double Room

It was somewhat dirty in the room, bathroom floor wasn't vacuumed. A hinge on the dresser door was broken, paint patches on the wall and the paint on the heater was chipped.

The check in time, the receptionist was not friendly, She was there, just because, She needs the job, that was my impression.

There was no croissants, I did not have many options for the breakfast, so, I decided to have breakfast outside of the hotel. The bed was just a normal bed, nothing especial.

The worst bathroom I met in hotels, a very small sink not even a shelf to put my toiletries, a poor shower. No privacy, you could get anyone's room card you asked my credit card number was exposed

Location, bed

• Standard Twin Room

Comfortable rooms in a well located hotel for exploring Bucharest, especially good for Old Town. Airport transfers were very good. Lots of bars and restaurants close by. Nice breakfast. Bathroom was nice but only came with one set of towels in each twin room, more were delivered but had to be requested. Staff were very friendly and helpful, checkin was quick and efficient given there were 22 of us.

• Standard Twin Room

I precisely asked for a room with two separate beds but the room they allocated was provided with a king size bed. I went back to the reception to ask to change the room and the receptionist got visibly annoyed.

Very good location. You can reach all the city center by foot.

• Standard Twin Room

we had 3 rooms in different floors, all of them pretty noisy from both outside and inside of the hotel since israeli youngsters taking their gap year and party hard seem to have discovered the hotel. the room itself looks like a typical chain hotel room. clean design, boring but solid. breakfast buffet was awesome though and the location is great.

very central

• Executive Double Room

Not suitable for young children, more suitable for a business trip.

Was only there for one night. Very close to the centre of Bucharest. Staff very friendly.

Alot of mosquitos in the lobby and a irritating music, sound like radio, always playing. Air conditioner in the room was not working well.

Breakfast was good. Good location, to access the old city center, but the area around the hotel are degraded.

The first room was noisy because of cars. The second on the back had terrible smell of cigarettes. The boys at reception were helpful, but the girls were not.

Good breakfast . Near old town.

Air-con not working properly. Wi-fi on 5th floor very weak.

Very centrally located. Majority of sights close to the hotel. 5th floor had cool view. Breakfast: 8/10. Quite spacious room. Super clean: congratulations on the cleaners! Coffee-tea available.

• Double Room with Airport Shuttle included

Great staff, Florin and others made you feel really welcome and did everything to enhance stay, like booking day trips on short notice. Was much appreciated.

Perfect location, good breakfast.

• Standard Twin Room

The room had a fridge. I didn't think it was fare of them to charge me for something I didn't use. Unfortunately, there is no way you can prove that you actually didn't eat or drink any of their stuff, with photos or not. It's your word against the cleaning lady. Therefore considering the fairness, it was disappointing.

• Standard Twin Room

The shower was dirty, it was full of mold and there was some cockroaches.

I liked that it was located in the old town and it was near the location where i had to be in the next day.

• Standard Twin Room

After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor, I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are a little small, but not for a city center. It appeared very clean and modern with one exception - the carpeting. I mentioned this to the management as I made a very early check-out to get to the airport. I told them the place is terrific and the park around the corner is quite nice and deserves more emphasis for relaxing, but the carpet needs to be changed. They said they already have plans to do that in a month (or two - I don't remember precisely). Last, I let them know too late the evening before I would like to take something with me for breakfast (since it was included with the room). They surprised me though with croissants and yogurt as I left. I would go back there.

The white quilts in the beds were very dirty. We asked to change them but the new ones were dirty again. The curtains were hanging down from the very first day and nobody fixed them. The cleaning lady and the four days was just making the beds, she did't clean the bathroom.

Very good breakfast. The staff in breakfast area was very polite. Great location.

None.

This hotel was perfect for a week end in Bucarest with friends. It's in a quiet and safe area but walking distance from the old part of the city with bars, restaurants and where all the night life is. The room and the bathroom were not too big but clean and comfortable. Very appreciated the bathrobe. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel so I cannot say how it was.

very used carpet on the hall entrance; it looks old and dirty. not very clean white walls but a good choice for the money I paid.

The bed was nice and clean.I loved the blue lights.

One of the reception staff was rude when we checked in and asked a few questions about Parliament, she was not asked directly but interrupted her colleague by responding to us rudely. All we wanted was to make sure we had the correct details, there was no need to be rude.

The location was great and it was added bonus that breakfast was included.

• Standard Twin Room

The carpet and the room's walls were not clean, low level of cleanliness. Breakfast staff very noisy, difficult to rest in 2nd flor rooms during breakfast time.

Hotel location - next to park Cismigiu and Old town.

The behaviour of two people from personnel impacted my overall score unfortunately. Once again the reception staff were all very helpful and friendly. At my arrival I had a problem with safe box so I called reception and they immediately sent me a person for help. This person, who is mostly standing at the bar down next to reception area, behaved like as if he was disturbed a lot for being called by a client for some questions involving the safe box. He also asked silly questions like why should I change my security code for the safebox. And once when I was at breakfast I ordered a special omelette for me, however the waiter behaved like as if he was disturbed with that request and started to speak with himself in a manner not to be heard by others. If you are not able to fulfill such requests, then don't put on tables notes on which it states "please tell us whether you would like us to prepare a special omelette for you". So, the barmen or whosoever down at the bar, and that waiter in the breakfast room simply shall not belong to this othetwise good hotel. One more issue is that the bathroom was small and towels were standing next to closet touching the sides and that wasn't hygienic.

Location is excellent, very close to Cişmigiu park and old town. The staff at reception is very friendly, sympathetic and helpful for any question. All my requests were fulfilled immediately. The hotel is generally clean, my room also had no problems with cleanness. All facilities and equipments are provided. Breakfast is acceptable, air condition functions well, furnitures in rooms are all satisfactory.

• Standard Twin Room

I completly dislike the wsiter's attitude at breakfast, ( I need to mention that breakfast is served at 7:30, I knew that) my problem was that I needed to be at 7:45 in another place, and be on time so I entered in the restaurant at 07:15.The waiter scolded me for not reading the programme and that he should have locked the doar so as no one could come as I did. I apologized and asked for a cup of coffee and promised not to touch anything, he finally gave me a plastic glass of coffee. I fel awful! I have been through more than 50 hotels ( în Romania, but more în Europe based on my job) and I usually need my breakfast early, sth like this never happened.

The room is clean and the toiletrirs good quality. The bed and the linen good quality as well. The receptionist was welcoming and very help ful with the directions I was given.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Monochromatic decor not to my taste, but that's not a problem. Breakfast coffee machine slow and made fairly awful coffee, just a minor issue though, there is an excellent artisan coffee shop called Origo not far away.

Useful location for the Old town and other attractions. Walkable to Palace of the Parliament and a nice Central Park. Helpful staff. Reasonable breakfast included.

this is my second stay in hotel central. location is great. very close to old city, there are lots of restaurants and bars around. wifi working very well. people in reception desk are very kind.

Breakfast could be better

location was quite centralised, 5 minutes walk from old town. Room was comfortable and right size for 2 persons. Breakfast was normal

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Very loud room as I had the room above the McDonald´s - maybe new windows are needed? Broken wooden doors in the apartment. Non-smoking hotel but obviously someone had smoked in the hotel or rooms. Ones has to be aware that Romanian water is chlorinated - so not for brushing teeth or drink ;).

Friendly, helpful staff. Good bed. Just a short walk to the main places such as the "Palace".

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Parking was not hard to find at first,but problem every day to find place.

Good service,best location in downtown.Good restaurant for breakfest.Very good price/quality.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Standard Twin Room

Theere was moderate mouldiness within the shower. Everything worked fine. The room faced the main road and there was a bit of noise from the street traffic.

Great range at breakfast. Get in early or there may not be a table as the breakfast room was small. It is a 10 minute walk to the old town and to the university metro station.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

• Suite

The cleaning is a big problem. There were spots everywhere. Our expectations is that the room is clean at least at the check in time, but we were really disappointed this time. Unfortunately, the hotel standards are lower than they were 7 years ago when we visited first. The personal is complaining and seem unhappy with the management and do not seem to care about guests or hotel in general.

Great location. Spacious suite. The breakfast is OK.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Room didn't ready as I arrive, despite I communicate the arriving hour (in any case, after lunch.. not that early). Bathroom completely dirty at the check-in. When I asked to clean it, they answered me in a so unpolite way, and let me wait for 1 hour to clean it.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

great value for the money , the location was fantastic 3 min walk from the old town . modern design , clean and lovely. breakfast was fresh and the staff was extremely extremely helpful & nice .

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

It was too hot first night, but in the early morning temperature was normalzed. But there was aircond in the room, so, it was possible to fix it.

Really good breakfast, comfortable bed, quiet room, excellent place in the Old City

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Asked for double bed, high floor as quiet as possible. Received at first 2 single beds, room 503. Then they gave instead after raising the voice in connection with resving department. Any way... Ive got the 403 room which window fronts is on the bussiest posible road and on the other side of the door it was the elevator doorand buzzer which made noise upon each arrival to 4 th floor Thank you , Alex

If your room is at the second floor the noises of the staff preparing breakfast might wake you up quite early in the morning.

Great staff, helpful and nice. Located in one of the nicest areas of Bucharest.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

The high temperature of the room, expecially comparing with the temperature Outside.

The nice smiley staff of the breakfast service and the convenient location of the hotel

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

It was extremely hot in the room in late january because of the heating systems.

Clean and new hotel. 24 hour market and a bar and mc donalds is open just next to hotel and easy to find.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

The one person room is very small having a claustrophobic feeling. No desk and I could have used some complimentary water. Had no city view, I really wanted to take some photos with the Military Circle

Really polite and professional receptionist. Cosy bed. Very nice breakfast and overal environment. Competitive price.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• Executive Double Room

morning receptionist could have been nicer. earlier check in could have been catered for, especially since requested and hence since hotel not very busy. booked two rooms. one person had to cancel trip for health reasons. prepaid rooms only a few days before arrival. morning Saturday receptionist did not even bother to confirm with manager whether it would be feasible to get a refund or partial refund for the second room, just because it was...Saturday and the manager was away!!

Location, spacious rooms, helpful and kind night receptionist.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

The room was really hot. We slept with radiator off and windows open when outside there was -2°C. It's impossible to stay with 28°C!

Very nice room, excellent facilities and cool forniture style. Position is great if you want to visit the city, public transport connect you to every main point you may need.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Cleanliness: I have had a bad surprise: after they clean up my room, I found a dirty towel (see picture). They change the towel 10 minutes after my complaint. Breakfast: Same food each day. For all my trip I served same food in the morning. Some diversity will be appreciated.

Best thing to the hotel is location. The hotel is about 5 minutes by foot to the city center (Piata Universitatii), 1 minute by foot to the Cismigiu park and 10 minutes by foot to the Piata Unirii. The hotel is a quiet one, but the room was not very well protected for the sound made by other clients. The breakfast is good, mostly salads, but also eggs and meat.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

-My recommendation is to offer the possibility to take away coffee from breakfast or to start at 6:30 AM.

-Very comfortable bed -Very clean -Good location -Rich breakfast -Good service -Very good report price/quality

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

No free parking, but a paid parking nearby (7 min by foot) The hotel is located in a zone with a lot of restriction for car access Some rooms can be noise (too close to an very used street)

Location (5 min by foot from city center) Services Room (in my case, the hotel offered me an apartment at the price of a standard room, my luck I guess)

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Executive Double Room

Poor reception skills. Poor housekeeping. Poor breakfast. Noisy room because it's facing the street.

Nothing in particular except that the room was warm enough for the cold autumn weather.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

The attitude of the staff on my arrival..... & departure. literally just staring at me without saying anything. Very intimidating. Awful. Requested a double bed and was give a twin. Toilet seat stained, shower not clean, lights not working properly, the batteries on the remote control were running low, decor very tacky. no parking! Will definitely not return there 😏

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Executive Double Room

When we arrived (as a young gay couple) the guy at the desk seemed a bit surprised that we wanted a double bed, so this made the check in a bit awkward as they were going to put us in a twin room even though we had booked a double, however to give him his dues, he found us a double room, and was very polite about it - I think this showed the staff in a positive light. Although they did not know this, my partner is Romanian (we only speak in English to each other) and he confirmed that the staff at check in did not say anything untoward about us in Romanian thinking we would not understand. Another negative is that we were overcharged one night for drinks at the bar, and had to query this with the person at the bar. Also the breakfast was ok, however the breakfast room is so small, so not always somewhere to sit. Also the coffee machine takes FOREVER at one point we waited in line for ten minutes just to get a coffee at breakfast, however overall this hotel is in a great location, the staff are very helpful, breakfast is good if you can find somewhere to sit, and the rooms are lovely comfortable and clean, so I would recommend this hotel, and definitely stay here again!

Location is excellent, rooms comfortable and clean, breakfast is not the best I have seen but is OK (see my negative comments)

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

-Very unpolite staff; -The sheet wasn't change from the last user.. they were dirty and with strand of hair; -The hotel doesn't own private parking and nearest closed parking is 700m. -The view from the room (311) was awfull; -We had resrvation for double room ( meaning two persons) but we have had to ask twice before getting the second set of towel;

-The location is perfect ( close to Old City and many bars,restorants, shops etc.); -Bathroom is clean and nicely decorted; -Wi-fi was excellent;

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

The blanket sheet was a bit short for two people to share. Luckily the weather was really warm, so didn't actually need it.

The breakfast buffet with the grilled vegetables was very delicious.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Suite

Unpleasantly surprised with the cleaning which was clearly inferior this year than the previous years. The breakfast was and still is very poor.

We visited this hotel 3 or 4 times during the past 5 years. It is very good positioned and offers good value for money.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• Suite

1) Smell of sewage through the bathroom floor drain 2) Nice size TV with a decent amount of channels (including some in English) but one of the worst picture quality I have ever seen (reminds me of 20 years ago antennas) 3) Although we arrived towards the end of breakfast serving the variety could be larger

Great location, Friendly staff and a great room for the price

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

The bath-room has no shelving to place various items, a cup in a holder was not sufficient. The lower inner facing rooms have a noise problem from a the large AC fans on the lower roof. They started early morning and after traveling for the previous 24 hours this was annoying.

Location excellent for the "Old Town" area of Bucharest and Metro system. Good park for walking/sitting to watch the world go by very local. Breakfast very acceptable.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

Beautiful and elegant hotel..just few minutes walking from the street bar but in a very quite place, beside a beautiful park. Helpful staff at the reception and very kind girl in the morning to the breakfast...The personal that clean the rooms pay really attention and don't make noise in the morning so at you can sleep late if you want...

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

No parking, you have to find your own around the block.

Conveniently located close to Bucharest City Center, walking distance to Old Town and other touristic attractions in the area. I've stayed here twice. The rooms are clean and spacious, bed is comfortable and the bathrooms are modern and clean. Free WIFI, AC. Request rooms at the upper levels to avoid the noise from the street

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

-the lobby doesn't have any atmosphere you want to stay longer there (many bars and restaurants are just a block away) -if you have to check out early, no breakfast or take out snack bag is available -the big beds just have one blanket, you have to ask for an second one

+Even that the breakfast room is quite small, the breakfast is really good organized, the tables are cleaned up directly, a lot of choices. Very friendly staff at breakfast. +New and modern furniture. Rooms are tiny, but have style and look great. +The windows are blocking all the street noice

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

The bed sheet was dirty. The carpet in room very dirty and old. The air conditioning system is very disturbing that we could not sleep most of the time.

The helpful people at the reception

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

Clraning lady did mot clean my room throughout my stay. The sirconditionin my room was not working and the plumbing was awful in the bathroom

The second time i stayed here. The staff were really good! Their breakfast imptoved and perfect location

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

Staff is not helpful - nobody assist with the baggage. For iron called twice. Room is quite small. Room is clean, except the carpet - looks like it was killed someone over there. NO DUVET COVER!

Good location - 10 min walk to old town.

Unfortunately staff, Only one towel in the shower.

Good location, nice room