Reviews of Continental Forum Sibiu 4 stars

Unirii Nr. 10, 550173 Sibiu, Romania

#13 of 29 hotels in Sibiu

Based on 2073 hotel reviews

• Deluxe Double Room

The wash basin area is cramped . The carpet on the staircase needs secured and a handrail would be appreciated.

Location was excellent. We had the most friendly and welcoming greeting from the male receptionist than any other hotel we had stayed in , sorry never got his name. The room was quirky with the strange arrangement of the shower in the room . The lovely lady in the cafe next to and part of the hotel served the most delicious fresh croissants . Car parking was very easy right outside the hotel. All the staff we met were helpful and pleasant.

The only complaint I would have is that some of taxis drivers did not want to take us to some of the places we wanted to go to. We had an elderly person with us who had a walker which seemed to be a problem to them.

Lovely place, would go back.

• Deluxe Double Room

The room had a strange layout with the sink in the middle of the room (next to the bed - no walls, no door) and a tiny shower room - did not really understand the point of it but for 1 night it wasn't too much of an issue. Cleanliness was okay-ish but far from excellent.

Location is great, staff is friendly enough, and overall it's pretty good for short-term stays.

the staff in breakfast was sad and unpleasent the lift in loby is bad

the warm wellcome staff especially the manager. the clean everywhyer the location the most beautiful decoratuion in roon and breakfast restarent

Breakfast menu wasn’t up to the mark. Not too many items to select from..also the potato wedges were undercooked and cold.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Unbeatable location. Beautiful view from room.

The see through toilets in the rooms not great. Nothing else.

A very good selection for breakfast. Rooms good size. Clean and very relaxing hotel. Very quiet room.

I have spent a night in Sibiu, together with my parents and husband. We have been offered a free upgrade to the presidential suite, which was a really nice treat! The apartment was absolutely wonderful and the staff was really kind and welcoming. All staff we came in contact with was smiling and helpful, so despite the fact that we stayed only a night, it is a night to remember :). Highly recommended hotel, for the staff, the cleanliness and the location. The breakfast was diverse and really good as well.

No A.C. in our room, the room gets so hot we can’t sleep and we were told that the main unit was off and won’t be in function until 1st May(the day I checkout)

• Standard Twin Room

The toilet wasn't functioning properly, the bed was no 'Kingsized Bed' as booked (it was way too small), I had to ask for an extra blanket, because it was too cold in the room. I had to pay extra for the parking, which was ok. But every time I needed to park, someone had to come and take the parking-sign away and I had to wait way too long for the staff to arrive, which made it difficult for the cars waiting behind me to pass over me.

there was only 1 small blanket. i had to ask for another one from the reception. but the service was quick and no problem the design of shower and toilet is a bit strange but nothing to complain about

location is excellent - right in the center. parking space just outside the hotel.

Hotel was old fashioned with all shades of blue. Not super clean, not super comfortable, nothing what you would expect from Continental hotel and for sure not for the value. Everything was generally good enough and that's it...nothing more, no added value, but seemed to be the best option though in Sibiu

Location was ok and big parking

• Deluxe Double Room

No exchange of currency We only can pay in euro Not possible to return Lei and get euro In the restaurant not many options to choose

Close to city center Calm and quite Good hospitality

• Deluxe Double Room

Paid more for a double with mountain view but staied on a low floor so probably would have been better if I would have paid for a standard room.pillows were not confortable .

You have to pay extra for the parking, 5 euros.

The room was spacious, very clean and very quiet. It looks modern with some classic furniture. All the facilities are in great order, so you don't have to expect nasty surprises. The staff was very friendly. We will surely return.

This was our third stay in this hotel. Previously, we had always had adequate accommodations. For this stay, we had requested two rooms, one for my husband and I, one for my daughter, son-in-law and children, aged 3 and 4. I had asked for cots for the children in one of the rooms. It seems that nothing had been planned to accommodate them. Finally, the family of four was squeezed into a diminutive suite (bedroom and office) with a couch that unfolded in the office space, taking up the entire area. The kids slept well enough. There was a separate WC (spacious). But the bath/ shower was the oddest I have ever encountered and downright dangerous. The door opened at mid-waist onto the end of the bathtub. There was nothing to hold on to and one had to be a very tall person to climb into the tub (my son-in-law is 1,92 meters tall and was able to use the tub to bathe the children). We went on to Brasov the next day, and there were two children's cots waiting in the spacious parents' room ( a four-star hotel). I had booked the two hotels at the same time, with the same request! I don't think you can rent a room with this tub to ANY guest. It is a disgrace. Sincerely, Françoise Filotti

CEDelicious breakfast

• Deluxe Double Room

The smell throughout the hotel, like no ventilation existed, the experience at breakfast - bad coffee (all 2 kinds) and the personal that was kind of indifferent with us, the details in the room that did not match a 4 star hotel. Price too high for what we received.

Very good location for tourists, interesting bathroom, good bad, clean overall, parking in front of the hotel

That I had to leave after 2 days, but I can always come back :), and plan to stay longer.

Room was perfect. I had a very nice view to the mountins. Staff was very friendly. Hotel is very close to the pedestrian area in the center of the city.

Extra small bathtub.

The Continental Forum Hotel in Sibiu is an excellent place, conveniently located in the city centre (only a few minutes walk from Piața Mare and the Brukenthal National Museum). When I got there I was tired as hell, so I requested a room on a high floor away from the front of the hotel, and my room completely satisfied my requirements. The hotel staff were really friendly and professional: Ana, in particular, was very helpful on the day of my arrival.

• Family Room

Fake presentation on Booking. The Spa is small and dirty. Beds are super cheap, all of my guests including myself left a day earlier due to joint pain from the uncomfortable beds. Very tough and rigid.

Breakfast with some limited options. Bathroom not isolated from the room, shower room is only from glass, it was not an issue for us but for other people could be not comfortable.

Excelent location, in the city centre, large and comfortable room. Even close to a busy street there is no noise in the room.

Everything in the hotel closes at 11p.m, and in sibiu all restaurants close early, so i stayed hungry

I liked the location , very friendly staff, they helped me through everything

We have passed into the new year here, the location is perfect for a city break in Sibiu because is placed right into the center . The breakfast was plenty of great food, we had anything we wanted . Rooms are large enough and were very clean . We hope to come back soon .

We decided to use the SPA, but it was not so impressive, it is ok if you want to relax after a long journey in a sauna, but that's all. Anyway, we did not try the massage, so no opinion on that. But in general we did not have any complaints about what the hotel has to offer, great choice if you stay in Sibiu and if you have money :)

Everything was great. The room we received was on the corner with a beautiful shape, large enough for 2 persons, you could make as worm as you needed, everything functioned well. The breakfast was very good, plenty of choices. Staff at reception, at breakfast and in general - very very kind and careful. The bathroom very clean with all you need, though in our room WC was on on side of the room and the shower was on another side. The accommodation is very good!

Spa was only open 3pm to 9pm and we couldn't book a massage in advance so we're disappointed (it was a bank holiday)

Fantastic location and good standard of accommodation for what we paid.

We booked so we could use the spa and massage but we’re difficult to get hold of the spa team and in the end when we’ve got hold of them by phisiclly walking into the spa and waiting for a long time they didn’t have availability for us.

Polite and helpful staff.

• Family Room

Kindly review your mattresses. Carpet on the stairs was loose. Quite dangerous when walking down.

In the middle of the city. Parking direct in front of the hotel. Nice breakfast.

The bathroom didn't vent properly

The mattress was excellent and i liked the modern feel of the room. The spa looked nice too, although i did not have time to go. The breakfast was plentiful and tasty.

• Family Room

Bathrooms not recommended for families with kids as lots of glass walls and they could see through when adults take shower.

Everything was ok. Great customer service, breakfast was great, clean rooms and were offered a suite upon arrival with a nice balcony.

The design of the bath felt a bit weird for us personally, with too much glass and not enough privacy, but some might enjoy this aspect :). Parking was very crowded but we were lucky to benefit from the last parking spot.

Very good location, exactly what we needed to easily visit the old center and the Christmas Fair. The staff was very helpful, made us feel welcome and it was easy to obtain information over the phone about parking and confirming the booking. They were also helpful to provide a crib for our 1 year old daughter.

First i had some problems with the room and things, butthe staff was very nice and they solved my problems very quickly, i get a nice upgrade for a suite which responded perfectly to my needs. many thanks to you, i will stay again in your hotel next time when ill be in Sibiu. Many thanks

If you can't sleep without absolute darkness you may have troubles

For some people the lack of privacy in the bathroom may be a con, but the design is very nice and it's different from everything I've seen before. The painting on the wall is amazing. Everything is very clean and cozy.

Everything. Poor restaurant quality (long time for the food to arrive, and some of the food was close to raw). No parking spaces ( they have around 25 places for all the guests in the hotel ). The rooms ware very hot, with no possibility to lower the temperature without the AC or opening the windows.

• Deluxe Double Room

Parking situation. Paid 25 RON/day, but they weren't able to reserve/keep my spot if I took the car out during the day. Winter: room temp was sauna-level, even though the AC was set to 20 C (or even Off). Dirty carpet. Toilet not very clean. Huge lines at breakfast buffet.

Nothing to complain about.

One of the places you definately want to go again and again. We had a free upgrade to a deluxe suite that was really amazing. Location is excelent and the amenities are extraordinary.

• Deluxe Double Room

The rooms are are on the small side for a 4 stars hotel and quite dated - the furniture and walls could really use a refresh. The ac unit in our room would blow hot air, despite the setting being for 15 degrees. Even if the overall experience was a good one, I felt I was being overcharged for all the sercives provided: acccomodation, minibar, parking.

I normally choose other accomodations in Sibiu, but given the shortage of opions, I booked this hotel for the excellent location, right in the central pedestrian area. The entire hotel is very clean and most of the staff is vey helpful

• Deluxe Double Room

Poor SPA facilities. Rooms need some update/refurbishment; Very small bathroom for a senior suite.

Very good location; all attraction are within a walking distance. Staff is very friendly and helpful

We were surprised that on arrival we were upgraded to the presidential suite. There were 3 of us staying for one night. Lovely surprise and we felt spoilt!!

It was too warm in the room and the air conditioner was switched off for the Low season, so there was only warm air coming out.

Nice bathroom, perfect location, close to the city center, top breakfast

Got upgraded to deluxe room. Old town just outside the hotel, room is great, lots of space, very clean and welcoming, nice view outside. Really liked the semi transparent shower :) Overall great value for money!

It is a 3 star hotel, max. The room looks like a hospital room, everything is cold and quite low quality. Bathroom is weird (transparent) with the sink inside the room. Breakfast is just acceptable, no more. Price is way too high for what is being offered considering much better hotels are very close with prices just a little higher.

The only good thing about this hotel - close to the city center.

There should be a question to ask if you’d stay at this hotel again. I certainly would not, because of the ridiculous bathrooms. The basin is open to the room and the shower and WC are separated by glass walls and doors, translucent in the middle and clear at the top and bottom and with large holes at the bottom. Every sound and movement (pun intended) can be heard and seen by your partner. And if used at night the partner is disturbed by the light. Utterly perverse. The interior designers should be made to install glass walls to their own en suite bathrooms. At 10 euros, the buffet breakfast, although very good, is twice the normal price for Romania. The basin plug didn't stay down, the safe didn't work and there's no serious English language news channel on the TV. Not serious stuff, but for a hotel with pretensions to be a top-notch hotel, they're not doing well.

Very good location. Recently refurbished but with problems - see below.

The room and the toilet weren't properly clean, they didn't refill the body-lotion or the shower-gel Breakfast is still the same since ever..the same products.

• Family Room

Very good location, comfortable room - with two bathrooms, spacious. About 3 - 5 minutes walk to old centre of Sibiu. Parking in front of hotel (private). Nice staff!

• Senior Suite

WARNING!!!!!!!!Ok firstly I ordered a suite and arrived 01:30am and I got a box room. We were very tired and decided to discuss this in the morning. They promised to contact me regarding this matter when I got back to the U.K the exact words from the duty manager was a manager has to speak to a higher ranking manager and that manager has to speak to another manager. To get my money back! I think this is long winded and I feel I wont be paid out as promised, as its been 4 days since I left. The breakfast was very oily for the hot things that was offered! The pastry was very heavy and fatty. The juice was really concentrated. The coffee was ok. There is 1 iron and 1 ironing board in the whole Hotel apparently. Somewhat concerning is the design of the bedroom and the toilet is a glass door with holes in facing the bedroom. (open planned) so I hope your either alone or you have a very understanding partner. (No privacy) And to top it off the thermostat didn't work and was blowing cold air when the heating was needed. In all for the price in Romania its possibly the worst hotel experience I have ever had in 8 years of visiting such a wonderful country that I feel has so much to offer. Please Please Please take this as a warning and not a person thats taking his time to upset the hotel owners as it shows the Hotel really don't care about clients but only taking their money quickly and not responding back or honouring their word. And apparently this is a large chain.

I don't have a lot of great things to say about the property and the stay. The location is great for the centre of Sibiu. I liked the old shoe polisher handy for cleaning your shoes prior to a meeting. But the breakfast waitress was a very helpful lady and smiled a lot so I felt happy even though the experience was put into my black book.

Limited space to hang clothes, but I was in the cheapest room option. Also, the bathroom mirror was placed so you couldnt look directly at yourself.

Codruta was the most helpful. I booked many rooms for family all through bookings for my wedding and they treated us all very well. Even the complainers. The pent house where my cousin stayed is incredible and it saved our wedding pics.

• Senior Suite

When I made my booking, I sent a comment to request a cot bed for my 1 year old, but when we got there they said they had none available! And the main bedroom bed is two singles pushed together with a big gap between them so we couldn't put him in with us. He had to sleep on a sofa bed with his 5 year old sister. He fell off it numerous times, so no one got much sleep!

Size of room was good, but we did have a large suite.

Unfortunately the bathroom design has failed for me! I guess the designer wanted to make a bigger space by leaving the access to the washbasin open, but this idea made it uncomfortable to stay for a second person! Just need to close the bathroom with another crystal door to make bathroom at least private! Finally, I think the breakfast and restaurant area needs immediate renovation starting from the chairs. It is a pity that this jewel (building) and its hospitable staff lose points.

Breakfast is fine. Clean and bed is good

The room cleanliness could be improved. The amenities are not that updated and the "spa" is quite dull and costs extra even for guests. The parking is also extra cost.

The location and the staff. Good breakfast.

Very "interesting" bathroom design. Not with solid walls, through which one could not see a thing, but separated from the room by glass panels. The lighting of the bathroom leaves to desire. Otherwise, it is still practicable.

Bed sheets were dirty like they did not change then, found hair in the bed and pillows. Dirty water stained carpet (must have been a leak at some point and carpet was not changed). The design of the bathroom could be a lot better, it's modern but the toilet door is glass and has holes that ventilate it into the room, very bad choice of ventilation of a toilet into the room. You can imagine also that there is no privacy in the toilet because of this.

Location, location, location

Access to the suite was blocked somehow by the fire door at the end of the hallway leading to the other accommodations.

We got one of the suites as a room upgrade. It was clean, spacious and very well appointed. Excellent restaurant and breakfast buffet.

An exceptional hotel, just like the location The receptionist was very friendly and she gave us an apartment instead of a double room as the reservation was made. The apartment was very nice and clean with all the stuff you need. The bed was very comfortable, but the bathtub was a little too small.

The rooms are OK, although the blue décor is a bit strange and the bath/toilet area is only separated from the bedroom by a frosted glass wall.

The hotel is in a great location - just next to the main pedestrianized street with shops and restaurants, and a short (5 min) walk to the principle squares in the old town. The staff were very friendly, efficient and helpful. The buffet breakfast was great - and available from 7.00am on a Sunday morning (we had an early start back to Bucharest airport) even though it's only scheduled to open at 7.30.

• Senior Suite

The access to spa and gym is a bit awkward through dinning area. Gym facilities need to be improved and accessible hours longer in duration.

The staff went out of their way to organise extras e.g. drivers and hairdressers etc…they were amazing! We were a big group of family over for a wedding and at very short notice the staff were able to secure us buses to take us wherever we wanted to go.

A little bit noisy at night due to close proximity of a major boulevard.

Overall a great place to stay in Sibiu, right next Sibiu Old Center, clean and with very nice staff.

We did not have breakfast included and were told when checked in that breakfast was 10 euros per person which we found very expensive for the Romanian prices. We only chose to pay for breakfast at the hotel one morning and it was very disappointing. half of the hot options were missing, have already finished. the buffet was not refilled on regular basis so I found that very disappointing for 10 euros. In one of the rooms we rented the window was broken and kept banging against the wall all night. I did not realise the toilets were open to the room when booked the room but I found that slightly inconvenient.

the location is great. reception area looks nice. room was clean, and air conditioning was working in one of the rooms we rented but not the other

N/A.

Excellent central location, minutes walking to shopping, museums, etc... Very friendly staff, all English speaking. Room is very well appointed, and very modern and clean. Air conditioning is working fine as well. One piece of advice though, if you travel by car, call before to reserve a spot as parking is very tight and they will reserve you a spot in front of the hotel, for 5Euro per day. Overall was one of the best hotels we stayed in Romania, comparable to any 4 star hotels anywhere else in the world. I would gladly recommend this hotel to all my friends who intend to travel to Sibiu.

Rooms are very small. They have only a very small place for clothes, and only one power outlet available for guests.

The spa was very good, so was breakfast and the hotel lobby. Staff was very friendly and professional. Location is PERFECT.

Everything was great! Air-conditioning was working perfectly even if outside temperature was 38C. Very comfortably located right next to the pedestrian area and there are several great restaurants just 2 minutes away. Excellent choice for both business and leisure.

This is not a 4* hotel by far, the only reason I could think it is rated as a 4* hotel is its proximity to Old Town Sibiu. The rooms are extremely small, there's a gap of only 40cm on each side of the bed, the double bed is actually 2 mattresses put together, with 10cm of gap between them, no way you can sleep with your partner in there, the carpeting is patched, the bathroom is actually made of sheets of glass, inside the room, no privacy at all, the entrance door to the room is so poorly secured that, just by sneezing, you can blow it away. My fair rating of this hotel should be 2* at the most, there's no comparing it to Ramada or Ibis, both 4* hotels in the proximity.

I did not liked the fact that I had to pay extra for the parking and that I was not informed upfront about this. In the description from booking I read next: "the parking is covered by the property" but apparently is not.

The location and food is great! Big room!

• Deluxe Double Room

The facilities look old. I didn't feel the confort as in a 4* hotel. For us, it was at most as 3* hotel. Breakfast is decent, but not like 4*. Paid a little too much for the value we got.

Central location, easy to reach, confortable bed.

the bathroom was a glass box with two big holes on the door which made it very uncomfartoble for someone using it when the companion was in the room. Very negative experience...

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Hotel with the history - despite of renovation, you can still feel a bit of socialism inside : ) Decor on walls in restaurant and hallways. Parking IS NOT free of charge. Either you choose to use spot reserved by hotel (25 RON/day) or you have to hunt for spot in public, but payable lot.

Location, location, LOCATION! Just meters from main walking street of Sibiu (Nicolae Balcescu street). Leave your car and explore great city of Sibiu on foot. Rooms are pretty spacious, re-decorated in modern way with fancy shower - full glass cabin placed in the middle of a room. Decent buffet breakfast gives an energy dose for a day. Just around the corner - a pubic swimming pool.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Poor breakfast Options , Old style hotel that have more to work for Inside rooms conditions , but acceptable.

Excellent location, Close to city center ,Acceptable rooms

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

We travelled with four Persons and were offered the presidential suite for a reasonable price, which we of course accepted and really enjoyed. But also in the lobby and at breakfast staff was really friendly. The atmosphere of the hotel is relaxed, correct and luxurious without being pomptous.

A bit outdated rooms 90's style (not as the pictures from internet)and breakfast not 4 star like. Loose carpets on the main staircase. Dark staircase with not working design elements :( Familyroom in good size but very warm and only 1 small window, bedroom without a window/ daylight. Needs a fresh up all over the hotel.

Location directly in the center.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

The bathroom is not a separate room from the bedroom and, for example, when you turn on the "bathroom" lights at night the whole room is lit. The toilet did not smell clean. Parking in front of the hotel is charged extra and is expensive.

The location and the breakfast were a plus.

The room was the size of a shoe box, the bathroom was incorporated INTO THE ROOM, no real doors, no privacy, no closet, no nothing - abominable!!!!!

The AC in the room did not work so we had to sleep with the windows open, the hotel is located by a busy street so it was very noises. There were not many outlets in the room to charge our devices either

The hotel was nice, had onsite parking and allowed pets for an additional 20Euros

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

We knew about the glass-walled bathrooms ahead of time but decided to chance it. It was frosted glass so you did still have a great deal of privacy, but it did little to block sound entering or leaving the bathroom.

Lovely hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. The view from our room was breathtaking! Snow capped mountains in the distance plus the view over the city below us. The breakfast was quite good.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

The bathroom is not partitioned off from the rest of the room which is a bit odd. Other than that the hotel was great.

The hotel is in a great location, very close to all the sights. The staff were excellent, really helpful and even though we said we didn't require an extra bed for our three year old daughter, they upgraded us to a room with an extra bed made up for her. The room was lovely, big and very clean. Overall we we're very happy.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Family Room

We went there for the spa but it's just a tiny space with a jacuzzi and a sauna. The room was to hot and not so clean, the breakfast didn't have enough options for people who need special meals (no lactose free/vegan milk)

The location is excellent, everything else is just good enough. Nothing stands out.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Bathroom to close to bed and room was very small.

Walking distance to Old Town and all of the stores. Casino a block away. Management went extra mile to offer us a discount on two nights when we woke up late and missed our checkout deadline. Great Staff!

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

The timetable of the spa is quite short (from 15-21h). Moreover, one day the spa was closed and They didn't explain us why. Although the staff is friendly They Don't know a lot about tourist atractions.

The location is really good. It's clean and the staff is friendly. For only 10 lei you can go in the spa as much as you want. The spa is small but in january we were alone!