Reviews of Crowne Plaza Bucharest 4 stars

1, Poligrafiei Street, Sector 1, 013704 Bucharest, Romania

#29 of 220 hotels in Bucharest

• Standard Double Room with SPA Access Included

To start with the check in process, the guy was very friendly and welcoming, blew me away, I expected a cranky Romanian who would feel bothered to work, however, it felt like we were in the US. The room was amazing, very modern and big. The hotel amenities were great, met our US standards. We used the pool and the spa services, highly recommend the floatpod, it was very relaxing and a different type of experience. The coffee shop near the lobby was also great we had chocolate cakes and tea/coffee. What made the experience even better was the fact that the staff provided great customer service so it made us feel welcomed! We wished we would have stayed here longer than a day to enjoy more of the spa services but unfortunately had to return home.

• Standard Double Room with SPA Access Included

Not recommended at all. Staff can’t really speak English, we’re charged twice for having breakfast in the restaurant and couldn’t get refund, didn’t ask us how to deal with the delayed luggage sent from airport and but charged €400

• Standard Double Room with SPA Access Included

THEY DIDNT HAVE THEIR 24hour room service as they were promising on the menu ! When i wanted room service the didnt have any of the things the menu was saying!

THE FACILITIES WERE AMAZING !!! THE LOCATION !!! THE STAFF Especially ROBERT at the reception! THE SPA WERE MAGICAL , we couldnt get out of there! THE BED WAS SUPER COMFY!

• Double Room with SPA Access Included- Non-Smoking

House keeping. Haphazard. One set of towels one dressing gown one mug for 2 people even after explaining. One day a chocolate another day nothing. One day flannel other days none. Car park cancelled after 3 days paid for 3.ditto key card.

Pool and jaccuzi

• Double Room with SPA Access Included- Non-Smoking

Dinner @Citronelle restaurant: Good attentive service with great Romanian wines however, disappointed with French trimmed lamb, it was fatty, severely under cooked (asked for Medium) and when returned it was over cooked, need to reconsider portion size as a main course, it's was too small. I would like to see some traditional Romanian dishes rather than pretentious cooking. Tea facilities in room: More variety of tea bags please, I only have 1 green tea & 1 fruit tea bag, ideally some English breakfast tea and Early grey tea. Coffee@breakfast restaurant: It was bitter, why there are different coffee ranges between breakfast restaurant and bar area? I'm sure we all need good decent coffee in the morning!

I was disappointed with room cleaning service on Day 2, I asked to speak with duty manager and he came up straight away, addressed the issue.

• Superior Double Room with spa access included

To sort out the issue that I was asked to be charged for a breakfast I hadn't had, it took 15 minutes in the morning before my business meeting to control all the slips and finally check out.

• Double Room with SPA Access Included- Non-Smoking

Mistakenly tried to be charged for breakfast I hadn’t had. Check out took 15 minutes to sort this out. The reception was kind though but had be more quick to solve this out.

• Double Room with SPA Access Included- Non-Smoking

They give us a room near the source of noise from the kitchen even the hotel was almost empty.... The swiming pool wasn’t functional... sorry

Room interior and bathroom

• Standard Double Room with SPA Access Included

All was very good. Bar and restaurant price was little high

Everything, So clean! and workers are so nice, the room is big and very very clean the lobby is big and beautiful as well, good gym.

• King Deluxe Double Room with SPA Access Included

It was a warm room.Bathroom is usefull and balcony perfect for who want to smoke. Rooms comfortable because all of them non-smoking smelling good.Perfect location 5 min to old town,15 min to airport..

• Double Room with SPA Access Included- Non-Smoking

I was disappointed, having stayed before, that the hotel no longer has a swimming pool. There was no bath in my bathroom. Food was a little disappointing. Morning coffee was especially awful

The rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable.

• Double Room with SPA Access Included- Non-Smoking

When taking a shower there was a pipe smell coming out of the sink for sometime, but the hotel quickly came to look into it

Very easy to get from the airport to the hotel and very conveniently can arrange your transportation. In my case, location was perfect for my business purposes. Members of staff were super helpful, polite and nice. I arrived quite late at night at the concierge was waiting for me to greet me in my own language as soon as I stepped out of the taxi, for me that is customer service at its finest. Bedroom: Super comfortable bed although I did asked for a 1 bed and I got 2 twin ones Free wifi during all my stay, good quality of the network, fast connection Rooms are very well equipped with essential toiletries, good mini bar, safe, iron board, sofa.... Rooms and hotel were very clean at all times Facilities: It has been recently renovated so it is has a very nice touch and great bar

• Standard Double Room with SPA Access Included

- bugs in the room !! (lots of trees around, but the hotel can handle it with mosquito nets.) - no place to eat around

- good location (close to the airport)

• Standard Double Room with SPA Access Included

After cleaning service of the first day: -the bluetooth booth and the ventilation sistem did not work anymore in the bathroom - the room heating system worked only on cold air - and could not be adjusted Something happened in the meantime (first day was great)

Good hotel,great location,great breakfast,clean room.

• Standard Double Room with SPA Access Included

Business center - if something should be printed, it is very slow.

in the section "Hvem rejste du sammen med?" should be included "colleagues" the hotel is situated outside the city center, but not far. Some rooms are noisy in the weekends, as they organize weddings and parties. Some rooms have balconies, which is very nice. There is a nice restaurant in the room. Staff is friendly helpful. Internet works fine.

• Standard Double Room with SPA Access Included

after being promised a quiet room the noise from the Herastrau Park clubs still bothered me. The staff should have known this could be an issue. Other than that, there was no noise from the wedding happening at the hotel.

excellent, with one minor exception

• Standard Double Room with SPA Access Included

I was a bit confused about the price on booking and what I ended up paying. There was a difference (extra money and it's not the parking) that I can't explain - don't know how they rate and I was too bored to get into endless talks. Also there was pre-authorization on my credit card and a hold though they boasted no pre-payment no nothing - again I really don't understand if this is some sort of issue or the advertising is just to get people on board.

The room was top notch - looks like we got an upgrade to a suite; - lots of space - all the small things you would expect - very comfortable bed - quiet - very clean - most of things were working (ac, mini bar, tv, etc.) though the coffee machine just buzzed but no coffee came out (just a minor nuisance) The location is well connected and with some wits you can get around easily in Bucharest. The parking space is generous (though it costs extra).

• Standard Double Room with SPA Access Included

Little bit slowly personal on reception. We arrived at 21-00 with two little baby, men on reception 15 minutes cant find our booking, and 15 minutes copied and filled out the documents...

All was very good!

• Double Room with SPA Access Included- Non-Smoking

Renovations outside the hotel every single day. Also, the hotel is situated in a area w/ lots of parties and loud music every single day of the week-end. On top of that, walls are not that thick either, one night we had to call on our "neighbors" several times (staff on duty was also informed) because people next door were making loud noises. Besides the renovations, the outside area looks thumbs down. I mean, they don't seem to be able to take care of the grass and the trees. It looks bad, really bad, especially from the 3rd floor where we stayed. They seem to call that "the garden" :). So, in the garden, they also organize corporate parties and engagement parties (thank God that it's only in the afternoon) but you can forget working from your room if you're facing that area. Truth being said, one cannot work from their room because the room internet keeps dropping every either hour or when one has more than 2-3 devices connected. But, if you're like me and you can understand technical stuff, you just play along and reset the TV router yourself. No, tech guys can't help, they setup the "working" system in the first place. The staff could also act more international overall. For example, whenever there's nothing to do, they just gather around in a circle and start talking loud. That looks very unprofessional. Also, the men's clothing is out of measure, they just don't have the right size of clothing (usually too big). These are the small things that make the difference between a thumbs up and a thumbs down. Overall I'm really disappointed because with a few easy adjustments it could be so much better.

The room was decently clean, the bathroom very ok, the decorations were nice and the indoor lighting was ok. They used quality materials for the furnishings, there were no odd smells, staff was prompt when we asked for things. We slept good and we liked our stay inside the room/hotel. No loud music at night, restaurants close early so overall a hotel that wants to value quiet nights and sleep.

• Standard Double Room with SPA Access Included

It was very strange - we needed some clarifications regarding the breakfast (we needed a flexible regimen concerning breakfasts - some days yes, some days no), so we phoned and talked directly with a person from reservations. She made us a price with about 20% higher, without breakfast at all. Through booking we got a much better offer, including breakfast, although we did not benefit from it every day. Maybe would be nice to imagine a solution for this particular situation. Last night of my stay it was "Saturday night fever" - very loud music from both the restaurant at the basement and from the neighbouring Ramada, where there was a wedding. I am pretty sure that the terrible noise traumatised many ears of the wedding party members.

The Citronelle restaurant - excellent, good food and nice staff. Rest of the staff friendly, makes you feel comfortable.

• Double Room with SPA Access Included- Non-Smoking

SPA area is old and with few facilities, but will be soon refurbished and extened, so hopes are high. On the balconies there are no chairs nor tables.

Very good location, quite close to Dorobanti where you can find upscale restaurants and bars. Best rooms are with park view. Hotel clean and confortable with everything you need. We had a problem with the room safe and hotel staff was very quick in solving it, changing the room and upgrading it. Breakfast is good with many options, although it could be better.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Twin Room with SPA Access Included - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was not included and quite expensive.

Very clean and comfy, an overall luxury feeling. The food in the restaurant, altough quite expensive, was excellent. Staff very friendly and speaks fluently english.

• Standard Double Room with SPA Access Included

The breakfast become poorer since last

I am a returning guest to the Crown Plaza Hotell, god location, on the way in between the airport and centrum, nice rooms after the refurbishment. The breakfast can be much better,

• Twin Room with SPA Access Included - Non-Smoking

Swimming pool is old dirty, bad maintained and a unobtrusive space, should not be open, they told me they will renovate it in the mean time don't use it. Food is not cheap for Romanian standard and bad quality for a hotel from this class. As a guest you have to pay for the hotel parking what I find ridiculous because they have space enough. Overall the hotel don't deserve **** is overrated in the presentation, the pictures and name.

The Room is Ok and people friendly

• Double Room with SPA Access Included- Non-Smoking

pool was not really accessible for hotel guests, it was used for kids teaching, not very relaxing; there was no announcement that such trainings are taking place there (no time Schedule placed anywhere to excape crowds). Jakuzzi was good - this compensated lack of swimming option I ordered hotel transfer but driver was invisible in the crowd, took taxi

very good breakfast - perfectly corresponds to my taste confortable bed nice and friendly staff even in late hours ( I arrived after mid-night) very close to place of meetings

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Twin Room with SPA Access Included - Non-Smoking

The restaurant Citronelle sounded promising but staff attention was poor. We waited quite a while to be served despite it being near empty. We waited for the wine menu which only was delivered after the main dish arrived - by which time we had given up. We asked the waiter what the various added taxes to our bill were as we weren't sure whether any of them was a service charge and he didn't know and had to ask his supervisor. The buffet breakfast was very average and cost us £20 per person ( as it wasn't included in room rate) which we thought was extortionate given local prices and the very average quality ( as a comparison we had a great breakfast from an al a carte menu in a chic boutique hotel in the old town for around £6 each). We didn't use either restaurant after our first experiences preferring to make the 5km -9km drive to other places. Note, this place is about 9km from city centre and old town and there's nothing in the immediate vicinity. but it was fine for our purpose which was a conference.

Rooms are decent size, twin beds are good sized doubles, full tea/coffee making facilities, complementary bottled water and a great bathroom with decent hair dryer. Cleaning staff were cheerful and accommodating. The concierge was very helpful with taxis. I was attending a large conference and facilities inc teas, coffees, lunch were good and ample. The airport is nearby and easy to reach.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• Double Room with SPA Access Included- Non-Smoking

The spa area wasn't that good as expected, the lights were very poor and it was a little bit cold

The bathroom was really nice and very clean. Also, as required, the room was very silent .

• Standard Double Room with SPA Access Included

Air recycling in the bathroom was broken wifi signal is lack idem TV signal ......but for me no problem dont went in Bucarest for TV or web 😉

The room was beautiful and warm,good the cleaning ......breakfast is ......WOWWWW

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Twin Room with SPA Access Included - Non-Smoking

Amount of towels in the room, considering the welnnes area.

Very good Service, the at first glance breakfast turned out excellent as omelet and the like were made on demand.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

• Standard Double Room with SPA Access Included

The recpetionist tried to put charge on the phone bill when there wasnt any phonecall to the exterior from my room. Someone else called me on the phone in the room and was a total confusion . It was a received phonecall and not a phonecall from the room to the exterior. The cleaning lady came into the room at 7 am to wake me up .

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• Double Room with SPA Access Included- Non-Smoking

We had an issue with the heater. It worked fine in the evening but in the morning I could not make it rise the temperature.

The room was nice, bathroom very nice as well. The staff were super nice. The breakfast had a nice selection of items, I liked the coffee, generally it was good but the bread was not so fresh and the scrambled eggs not the best.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Standard Double Room with SPA Access Included

We did not sleep the entire night as there was a party at the hotel that went on until the early hours and we had to be up early for our flight. The sound came right up to the bedroom and this made our stay very uncomfortable. The food at the restaurant was nice but they did try to serve my partner pistachio ice cream when we told them several times that he had a nut allergy.

The room was a large size and clean and the bed was very comfortable. The staff were friendly on arrival.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Standard Double Room with SPA Access Included

Terrible during the weekend! In a neighboring property there is an improvised tent where people organize parties with Romanian and gypsy music that you can hear perfectly in the hotel room until 3am! Unfortunately, the hotel staff knows about this problem and treat it very casually. Worst, they knew we were staying the weekend and they put us in a room very close to the tent. If you think like us that it is a must for a hotel to ensure a quiet night of sleep, then this hotel is most definitely not for you!!

Great property if you stay during the week.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Standard Double Room with SPA Access Included

The breakfast is a bit overpriced and could be a bit more creative. Rumania has nice food and the breakfast is not really a good resemblance of what you could expect.

Clean hotel, nice staff, spacious room with good beds, simple to use tv, nice place and i would say good value for money. I can't relate it to other places in Bucharest since it was my first time there, but upon return I will use this hotel again.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Standard Double Room with SPA Access Included

ultra expensive minibar but with an amazing selection of products, expensive parking.

Comfy bed, nice tv, balcony, big parking, staff. High quality restaurant & bar.

• Standard Double Room with SPA Access Included

distance from town and haphazzard room replenishment

the spa

• King Deluxe Double Room with SPA Access Included

Informative and polite staff and great facilities.

The concierge and reception were very helpful and polite.

• Twin Room with SPA Access Included - Non-Smoking

The swimming pool. My wife liked the jacuzzi and the pod in particular

• Double Room with SPA Access Included- Non-Smoking

Eye for detail, making me feel welcome and saying yes to all my requests 💜💜💜

Far away from the city

Clean

Friendly staff. Good location. Very clean

• Double Room with SPA Access Included- Non-Smoking

Breakfast was very ,very disappointing.Food didn’t seem to be fresh(stale bread,stale pastry,stale bacon...)

• Standard Double Room with SPA Access Included

The water should be a little bit more hotter in the spa.

Nice location in a green part of the city. The hotel and the staff are excellent. Nice spa.

Excellent location, staff, comfort

• Standard Double Room with SPA Access Included

Very good location - close to offices. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms are modern and well equiped

All

• Standard Double Room with SPA Access Included

Nice hotel. Worth every penny.

• Superior Double Room with spa access included

Hospitality and quality services of the staff

• King Deluxe Double Room with SPA Access Included

It was cold and the staff doesn t work in quiet

It was cold in the room

• Double Room with SPA Access Included- Non-Smoking

Staff is extremely unprofessional and with a very bad attitude.

• Double Room with SPA Access Included- Non-Smoking

Breakfast price was overrated. Same for parking.

Big spaces, clean room, good wi-fi, all you need in the room.

Staff attitude in payment

• Standard Double Room with SPA Access Included

There is nothing you could fault

Amazing customer service

• Standard Double Room with SPA Access Included

Room was too hot. Nor enough coffee/biscuits for two guests.

Comfortable bed, decent shower.

• Twin Room with SPA Access Included - Non-Smoking

Nothing can be written here.

We liked everything, they gave us late check out possibility + also breakfast was great.

• Double Room with SPA Access Included- Non-Smoking

The staff at the reception is a bit rude; i ve travelled a lot on all continents and this is one of the worst experiences.

Comfortable beds

• Double Room with SPA Access Included- Non-Smoking

Parking should be free taking in consideration the price per night! The WiFi is very bad!

size room, the bed

• Standard Double Room with SPA Access Included

Fitness center extremely limited (very small )

clean rooms,friendly staff

Clean comfortable rooms

Breakfast was good

Absolutelly everything

Amazing property

Everything was perfect!

• Standard Double Room with SPA Access Included

Very good breakfast. Breakfast was included in our price. Quite room. Close to shopping and leisure activities.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Superior Double Room with spa access included

Tranquility, clean, cosy, facilities, breakfast

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Superior Double Room with spa access included

Excellent hotel, friendly staff, everything was great, easy access from the airport then into the city

• Double Room with SPA Access Included- Non-Smoking

The bed and room were superb. The staff was excellent.

• Double Room with SPA Access Included- Non-Smoking

Bed mattress not very comfortable (too soft). Fee is charged for car parking.

Excellent breakfast and personnel.

• Standard Double Room with SPA Access Included

Nice comfortable rooms and great location if you are looking for a quiet place in Bucharest.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Twin Room with SPA Access Included - Non-Smoking

Sleeper should have been provided in the room

everything was ok.

Nice hotel with big rooms. Staff is very friendly and helpfull.

wonferfull breakfest

Friendly staff, comfort. Very clean. Verry good breakfast.

Browse Crowne Plaza Bucharest traveller photo gallery