Reviews of Hotel Duke Romana 4 stars

33 Dacia bvd., District 1, Sector 1, 010403 Bucharest, Romania

#68 of 220 hotels in Bucharest

staff and location
    • Economy Single Room

when you search for a Hotel, DUKE shows a 4 stars hotel but, when checing in, the hotel put you in a 3 stars rooms. It seems that, according to your price (altought an unknown algorithm), you will get a 3 or 4 star room.

staff and location

friendly,helpful staff,hotel is in an excellent area.
    • Economy Double Room

liked the hotel very much.in a very nice area with lots of eateries

friendly,helpful staff,hotel is in an excellent area.very clean and would book again

Happy enough
    • Economy Twin Room

Was happy, but if I had to mention one negative, it would be that the breakfast was fairly simple.

Location. Far enough to not having to deal with the noise from Old Town, but close enough (if you are normally fit) to walk to. Close by metro

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Nice place

Receptionist could not find my booking when we arrived at the hotel, but it was all sorted out in the end, without much fuss.

Nice breakfast, free parking.

large new apartment style rooms.
    • Suite

Located in another building but no elevator, No one offered to take the luggage. Also, the air conditioning was not working well.

large new apartment style rooms.

The position of the hotel is excellent.
    • Economy Double Room

The breakfast is a joke. We had other expectations about the breakfast for a 4-star hotel. Another stupid thing is that all accessories in the hotel are still heaving the old logo of the hotel with 3-star rating.

The position of the hotel is excellent.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Great hotel and value for money, not very interesting location

The neighborhood it is located in is not very interesting - but it is very close to a metro station.

Very comfortable modern hotel. Very clean with a good breakfast

Hotel Duke - recommendation
    • Suite

It wasn't clear where to park the car when we first arrived, there are no signs to indicate that the parking belongs to the hotel.

The staff was very nice, friendly and helpful. Breakfast was sufficient. Location is very close to Piata Romana, about 20 minutes walk to the old city center. There is a supermarket accross the street. Facilities of the hotel are not new, but kept clean. We were staying on the 5th floor, it was very quiet, no noise from the street.

Nice experience and I will stay again at this hotel
    • Economy Twin Room

It is my second stay at this hotel that I like. For two nights it was a little noisy because of cars racing on the street. But nothing that the hotel can do about it. The location is excelent if you want to move quicly to see the town, it is safe and confortable. The staff was profesional and helpful. The breakfast very taste and with a lot of options.

Clean, central.

They gave us the wrong type of room (economy). After complaining they moved us to the right type of room. Parking lot not big enough. No AC in the elevator which is very very small and slow. Small rooms. This hotel should be ranked 3 stars and even then it needs improvement.

Clean, central.

Excellent hotel,

Breakfast: You should add another 2 types of cheese and smoked fish    And two types of wholemeal bread

Excellent hotel, good service, clean and comfortable room and spacious and plenty of TV stations. They provided two bathrobes. Well done   There is free parking.   The staff is excellent and efficient and reliable. We really enjoyed the hotel .....

This Bucharest hotel is mostly worth it... but not sure I'd stay again
    • Economy Double Room

For Romanian standards, it was a tad overpriced. Might have been a better deal if you book through the hotel itself -- oh yeah, Booking.com, I just burned you. The breakfast was kind of expensive, again by Romanian standards. I'm not sure I would eat on-site. The food is really good in Bucharest and you have so many choices right by the hotel.

I loved the size of the room. It was weird and irregular, and had an extra bed in it. There was a sloping ceiling I think because of how the room faced the exterior. Great location, walking distance to Lipscani/Centru Vechi, or you could just take the metro 2 stops away. Also within walking distance, La Placinta and Paul and various Romanian covrigarie to get a bite to eat (also KFC or McD if you need it). I highly recommend Shift restaurant for their pasta, and that's also within walking distance. Aircon could have been stronger. Wifi worked.

Not my first time , and will not be the last.

Recommended as always.

Not my first time , and will not be the last. Centrally located , close to public transport , restaurants and markets . Staff always welcoming and friendly . Hotel has all essential amenities in addition to the good breakfast served.

I am very pleased.
    • Economy Double Room

I could not make ti to print at the business area. There was some strange noise coming from outside during the first night. I am very tall, so the length of the bed was not 100% convenience...but I expected that.

Very good value for money. Very good room premises. Friendly staff and willing to help. Very good location. No serious concerns.

Room clean and bed comfy but due to the food and service would not stay again.

Booking.com said this hotel spoke English. This statement is a moot point. Rest of Romania may speak English!! The breakfast was dire and that is a compliment. Coffee machine broken and leaking. Food choice limited and awful. Grey scrambled eggs. Raw bacon to name just 2 choices. Yuk!

The Junior Suite was a good size but would have been better if there had been easy chairs or sofa instead of a further 2 dining chairs. this would maximise status of room and available space. Property was placed well in the city and near to restaurants and shops.

Friendly staff, close to center

Breakfast was miserable. Dishes and cutlery were often dirty, or missing altogether. Bedsheet was used and scruffy. Windows in rooms don't open at all.

Friendly staff, close to center

Hotel exceeded my expectation, and for sure worth to test it
    • Economy Double Room

slightly limited options for breakfast, but what was there was good and properly prepared

Good location, bus from airport stops close to the hotel, nice building, friendly staff

Enjoyable stay
    • Economy Twin Room

Due to the layout the sounds from bar area penetrated the rooms. There were tea and coffee making facilities but had to keep asking for milk and coffee supplies. Hot water was not always available for the shower.

Overall the staff were helpful and the rooms were a decent size and clean. We enjoyed our stay despite the issues described.

Dissapointed

The room they gave us was completely opposite to what was on the website,much smaller and with different appearance. The breakfast( included in the room rate)was the poorest i ever seen, i had to ask the staff to bring me plates and cups because were missing. At a certain point, all the staff dissapeared and we had no one around to assist. At the check out, I was told that i need to pay for a bottle of water from the minibar. I explained that i took the water out, but I changed my mind so i put it back in the minibar without opening it. The receptionist was doubting my words, smiling in a sarcastic way and she accused me for drinking the water and replacing it the next day. I explained myself again, but the situation became very uncomfortable for me. Very unprofessional staff! The parking - i ask the receptionist where can i park and she guided me to a parking lot with the gates closed, so i had to leave my car on the road for 1 night!

The location is good if you want to be close to the center and metro station. Easy access to city center.

perfect conditions..

no comment ..

breakfast was enough , multi kind meal and delicious, bad was very big and clear, hotel staff was perfect and airport shuttle service perfect too...

Nice and easy in Bucharest
    • Economy Double Room

The hotel advertise an extinguished restaurant service with advanced menus. Very long waiting times and relatively highly priced. Laid back services. Breakfast OK, but not complete with dishes before 45 minutes after opening. Slow Wifi, Very noisy between rooms but sound isolated from streets.

Nice and easy hotel for one night direct in the centre at Piata Romana. Safe and guarded parking. Relatively new and upgraded rooms. Friendly and helpful reception staff. Englishspeaking.

The receptionist gave us a room other than the one we booked...

The receptionist gave us a room other than the one we booked on the site, offering us a lame excuse. Unwanted reactions on their side, considering that it was their mistake. Very arrogant. Not the kind of behavior one would expect at a 4* hotel.

We enjoyed our stay and hope to return soon!

Breakfast was otherwise okay, but it didn´t include much to eat for vegans. For example almond-, cashew- or soyamilk and something else suitable for vegans would be nice.

Friendly stuff, free parking and good location.

Great little place and would not hesitate to recommend

Couldn't open window in room. Air con was on hot and was either off or blowing hot air as we went in December. It was 25 ' in room and could open window. When a certain member of staff was on duty, it was a lottery as to weather the reason any bread, coffee cups , milk , cutlery on tables, eggs....in the morning. This was real shame as all other staff were very helpful. One evening with same member of staff on duty, we ordered drinks at bar, told girl we would be in dining get room looking at menu to order. We waited half hour when she finally arrived at our table, only to tell us restaurant was closed. This was 9-30 and the restaurant didn't close until 10 or 11. Had this young lady spent less time on her phone , she may have been more on the ball.

Breakfast, dinner , room , bar and location all excellent. Very helpful staff who could not do enough to help except one girl that really didn't want to be there. Cleaners brilliant and rooms serviced daily.

Fair hotel right in the Romana Square
    • Economy Double Room

The panel for flushing the toilet was broken but we manage to deal with it. The breakfast was insufficient and one day we even had to wait 10-15 minutes to get some bread. And not least, the magnetic key for our room didn’t work properly, we had it changed twice.

Central location, with windows overlooking the Romana Square, but not noisy (our room was at the 3rd floor). Clean, proper room and bathroom. Good value for money.

It was a very good hotel.

The breakfast was not a 4 star hotel

It was a very good hotel. The room was very big and clean with many facilities. Near the old town and the metro and the taxi.

Everythink was perfect.
    • Suite

Everythink was perfect..the receptionist was very helpfull and kind(l think her name was Laura) Nice breakfast and our room was very comfortable...If i visit Bucurest again i will stay in this hotel!!!

Will probably not return to Bucharest but would definitely recommend this hotel without doubt
    • Economy Double Room

Surly staff in the morning for breakfast Running out of bacon and eggs & not making more for 3 nights out of 4

Location - near the metro and supermarket/lovely tearooms Warm in the hotel Breakfast included Rate in comparison to London and rest of Europe

• Economy Double Room

Helpful and nice staff Clean room Great location Great value for money Best choice in my opinion and I have tried a lot of places in Bucharest.

• Economy Double Room

A bit noisy. Strong smell of fried food in the morning on the 1st floor room.

Location.Very close to the metro station.Very clean,comfortable beds.Nice staff.

Value for money... great location

There wasn't an opening window or door in our room, so the air couldn't renew. The mattress had a dent on one side.

Pleasant and helpfull stuff. The location is great. Few meters away from a metro station and also few meters away from a bus station that connects the airport with the city center. I liked that when we had o problem with the shower they fixed it immediately.

The room was spacious enough.
    • Economy Double Room

In our room there was a strong draft from a window, and the bed is right next to the window. The room felt cold. The room temperature is adjustable, but there is nothing one can do for the draft. We did not try to change the room, because we did notice this only when being tired and ready for bed. The bed was smallish, and the mattress was weird: the bed was shaking every time other one turned, and woke up another one. The blanket was small also, just one for 2 and not very thick. We ordered from room service 2 meals (desserts), but only 1 of the orders got delivered. The person answering to the call seemed to have troubles to understand our order. Anyway we were only charged for the one. The wifi was a bit on the slow side. I would not call this 4 star hotel.

The room was spacious enough. Pillows were good. The bathroom was a bit worn out, but it was clean. The location is not far from subway. The breakfast was okay, good for vegetarian also, but unfortunately some things did run out before the breakfast ended. I could not find black tea at all, instead the coffee and fruit etc. teas were available. Good croissants. Nice interior, the staff was very helpful and nice!

Excellent!
    • Economy Double Room

the card to my hotel room didn't work on the first 2 days so had to switch for 3 times

The staff were extremely nice and were able to complete my requests within minutes. Would definitely recommend other people to stay there

The hotel was comfortable and clean but could be more helpful to foreigners.
    • Economy Double Room

The staff in reception were not as helpful as I had hoped. I asked for assistance in booking a ticket to a symphony at the Antheneum but was told I could do it myself at the business centre. That was ok but the confirmation was in Romanian. When I asked for help with interpreting the female staff member was not interested and I ended up missing the concert. Also the dining room was so small, people had to sit outside the restaurant in the foyer area to eat their breakfast.

The hotel was in a great location within walking distance to central attractions.

Bucharest,beautiful city. Locals,very friendly and helpful and 70% can speak English.

Day time receptionists,not a smile between here and all harm(as we say over here). Not very helpful,and lack of local Knowledge pathetic.One example, sent us on a wild goose chase to catch the hop on/hop off bus,which we actually caught across the road from the hotel. Woman in charge of the dining room could be more helpful.

Breakfast was good,bedroom comfortable.

window is stuck to the wall with no open possibility,small rooms, very small window,
    • Economy Double Room

small rooms (we order double bed room), photos at the web site gave the impression they are bigger. very small window (on the web site pics it disguised by wall to wall curtain) and for us, the biggest surprised off all was that this small window is connected/stucked to the wall with no open possibility. according to the front desk lady the windows of most of the room in this hotel are the same. (meaning they are "welded" to the wall.

close to the metro station at piata romana ,nice breakfast, good noise insulation between rooms. clean and cosy.

STAY OUT if you are Wifi users

Wifi connection free but terrible with interaptions and very ustable-room 406. Weekend receptionist's cooperation bearly acceptable. After I tried for half an hour to print my boarding pass in the so called business center's both computers which were not connected to the printer, she finally concented to sent a pdf to her printer. I could work my search in visiting Bucharest sites only at the Lobby. Felt very miserable.

Good location. Bus stop to/from the airport very close. It was clean with standard breakfast.

Nice hotel for a short stay in Bucharest
    • Economy Double Room

Breakfast room was small and filled up quickly, could be difficult to find a table free.

Good location, less than half hour walk from Gara de Nord, convenient for walking in to city centre. Although on a busy road, I did not find that traffic noise was a significant problem. Room was a good size, clean and comfortable. A good quality hotel for the price, I would be happy to stay here again.

Lovely hotel very clean friendly and had everything you could need in a great location
    • Economy Double Room

Quilts were the exact size of the bed and I'm a quilt hogger so my poor partner froze most of the night but wouldn't say it would stop me visiting again 5 stars in my opinion

Very soft beds, memory foam toppers and thick pillows very clean, very helpful staff, I struggled with the safe and it was no problem for someone to come and help us out, even provided us with an iron and ironing board for our stay, and when roadworks started outside the hotel at midnight they moved us rooms for the night no problems

Convenient location, tea & coffee in the room,...
    • Economy Double Room

Breakfast - nothing tasted good and coffee wasn't even drinkable

Convenient location, tea & coffee in the room, cleanliness and the room overall were good. Plenty of cafes & restaurants nearby, as well as metro station and the airport bus stop. Also a small store just opposite of the main door.

The style of the room clean and smart and near the metro...
    • Economy Double Room

Not soo many table for the breakfast and the wi fi sometime stop

The style of the room clean and smart and near the metro romana and the old town and very near the shop and go

Very well made hotel, everything is at high standards.
    • Economy Double Room

Breakfast room too small and there could have been more diversity in food. Had to sit at a table that wasn't cleaned up, because all other tables were taken.

Very well made hotel, everything is at high standards. The room was very big. Minibar prices were fair. Will surely stay here again.

Nice holiday in bucharest.
    • Economy Double Room

Good location near metro. Friendly and helpful staff. Coffee making facilities in room. Big freezer. Shop accross the street. Breakfast was basic but ok for us.

Very central, a bit old-fashioned but I would stay here again!
    • Economy Double Room

Very comfortable bed Free Wi-Fi Free parking Dark coutrains so able to sleep longer Although the window was showing to the streets, I didn't hear the traffic from outside.

Very large room with a separate desk area, and large...

No shower curtain or screen over the bath, so the floor got wet.

Very large room with a separate desk area, and large bathroom with a large flat area on which to put things (so many hotels don't have this), kettle for tea making. Despite facing a busy road the room was quiet as it relied on air conditioning.

It was a pleasant stay.

The room service could be better. We tried to order some food,the man on the phone was polite,but we couldn't order,maybe because of either his poor english or his unawareness of the menu.Last one,the glass of wine we had stayed there until we left and never been replaced. But everyone was polite.

The location was excellent,in the centre of Bucharest,next to a metro station and the bus to the airport.The view from the window was nice,you could see the street but with no noise.The breakfast was good but not for a 4* hotel though.

A comfortable Hotel in a good location.
    • Economy Twin Room

We had dinner in the restaurant. The food was acceptable, but the service was poor.

The location is very central, the staff were friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was good.

Centrally located , next to taxi station, metro, airport bus...
    • Economy Double Room

Early check out could be more flexible.

Centrally located , next to taxi station, metro, airport bus , restaurants , casinos, old town. Good breakfast, good wifi , comfortable bed, safe in room. Not my first stay and definitely will not be the last.

Good choice for stay in Bucharest - especially with car.
    • Economy Double Room

We heard noisy neighbors in the hallway and room nearby.

Good central location with private parking. We walked by foot to most attractions. Clean. Good staff. Breakfast ok. Recommended for Bucharest.

Mansard room :( we were unlucky
    • Economy Double Room

Mansard room is awful :( There is no place for a head, it's very long, but narrow. I guess there was a closet or something uninhabitable, but then someone came up with the idea: here can be a room :) The lightning is not really good, the two windows in the roof were not enough. And there is a little bit noisy when it's raining. Also the sounds of the street are pretty loud (even if you live not in the worst room in the hotel) The bathroom smells.

Free private parking in the center of the city. Parking is very expensive in this area. The parking for guests is an important advantage. Air conditioning works good Very good location, a lot of restaurants around. Actually it's almost the center of the city. Most of the sights can be reached by foot Very nice and polite English speaking staff Good breakfasts Our friends have got two other rooms on another floor and these rooms were not so bad as ours, so it's just a chance to get bad room in the attic :)

Central location and easy access from subway and cab station.
    • Economy Double Room

No elevator/ ease of luggage transport from main entrance (just stairs). Room was not cleaned after first day due to door access problems?! I was offered just a formal apology:(

Central location and easy access from subway and cab station.

Comfortable room, good value for money, delicious breakfast,...
    • Economy Double Room

Logistics at breakfast could be improved during peak times.

Comfortable room, good value for money, delicious breakfast, good location. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Perfect for a diversity of travelers, excellent services, value and location.

Breakfast is just fine, but nothing to remember about and if you stay more than a couple of days it's so repetitive that it becomes boring and reminds you about home...:-)

The services are very smooth and efficient, no requests left unaddressed in a positive manner. Location is excellent for a tourist, shopper or business traveler with interests in downtown area. Safe for solo travelers as well, you can always go for a stroll any time of day or night. Perfect for budget travelers too, since the location is well connected to public transportation and lots of restaurants and cafe nearby for any price range.

Spacious, good location, clean with friendly staff
    • Suite

Missing some hooks to hang towels in the bathrooms. The air-condition stopped working on the last day and since it was Sunday, there was no solution available.

We booked a family room. It was one of the most spacious rooms we booked in a hotel so far! Very comfortable beds, clean, spacious, 2 bathrooms and 2 toilets, very friendly staff and excellent location - 100 meters from Romana Piata Metro station.

NIce hotel, very good location, good breakfast and wi-fi, also many tv channels.

Price can be a little lower.

A very good location, right in the center of the city, close to metro, many taxis around, many sights around, clean and safe area. Just across from the hotel there is a nice restaurant and a small convenience store. Many restaurants are within 5-10 min walking distance. Old city is in 15 min walking, and the Atheneum, Museum of Art within 10 min walking.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Excellent service.

Excellent service. The staff was amazing supporting me and my family with everything they could in a very important day. They really exceeded my expectations. Hotel is very clean and cozy and has a great location, being close to Old City Center, metro station,bus stations, shops, restaurants, bars - basicaly everything you need. Good value for the price as well, totally recommend it! Once again thank you to all staff for being so nice and kind to us!

It was a short but very pleasant stay.
    • Economy Twin Room

The room was rather small.

Very good breakfast. Nice staff. They helped us with their computer when we couldn't print the check-in details required for our flight back home.

Very OK place to stay
    • Economy Double Room

- Long walk to the old town - Breakfast is a disaster - practically no choice and very little space :-(

- Quite good location - Easy to park a car at guarded parking - Very friendly staff - Nice and clean room

Will definitely recommend to all my friends.
    • Suite

The suite for our family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children ) was huge with 2 LCD TVs and 2 bathrooms and very clean. The staff, specially the receptionist Laura were great. Laura was very helpful as we arrived at about 8:00 am and we should have checked in at 2:00 pm, but she made sure our room was clean and we were in our room in 15 minutes. Great job Laura. The breakfast was very good with a lot of choices. The hotel is next to a lot of restaurants like MC Donald's, and just next to a supermarket and a taxi station. So it's location is great.

Helpful staff, decent room and free breakfast offered.
    • Economy Double Room

Location is not too bad, but a bit of a walk to main sights.

Helpful staff, decent room and free breakfast offered. Computers are also available near the lobby for printing.

Nice stay
    • Economy Double Room

This is not a 4 stars hotel. Dont know why they advertise it like that on Booking. Hotel is only 3 stars The staff at breakfast was not very helpful.

Excellent location.

The location was fine, room clean and comfortable although...
    • Economy Double Room

The breakfast was okay but the woman working there was a little surly and very slow to replace finished items.

The location was fine, room clean and comfortable although small. The desk staff was friendly and helpful but we did have a bit of a language barrier. Easy walk to several restaurants and to public transportation.

Clean hotel with great location

The lady who was in charge of the breakfast could have been more friendly and helpful (but she was also quite busy because she was the only one working there).

The staff was friendly and the location of the hotel was perfect. The cleaning lady (who didn't speak english that well) also was very helpful and eager to teach how to use the safety deposit box which I managed to lock right after arrival (because there were no instructions how to use it). The metro was only few hundred meters away and you could also easily walk to the main tourist attractions. There was also a small grocery store, cafes, bakeries, restaurants near by.

The room was very good, clean, with all facilities, minibar...

The room was very good, clean, with all facilities, minibar full, the receptionists were very professional, the personal at the restaurant/breakfast really good, sharp, all very good! Great location also, near to Metro, Center, etc.. I had a great stay there and I will come again with the next occasion. Good price vs room, location, staff, etc! Other hotels should follow their example! a big thanks Marius Brinzan

pefrect choice for business trip

The hotel provides good accommodation in Bucarest city center. Parking is always available, internet is good, breakfast is good and the restaurant is better than expected.

Great hotel with great staff
    • Suite

The hotel was amazing. Everything was very good: the room, the staff, the restaurant, the location...etc. All the staff was very nice, friendly and helpful.The breakfast was very tasty with many choices, and they use products of very good quality.The rooms were cleaned every day, and the whole hotel was clean.I recommend this hotel to everyone.

Wonderful Stay at Duke Hotel.
    • Economy Double Room

There was a glass door with a large window right next to the AC unit on the roof of the hotel. Maybe this should hidden.

It was in a fantastic location. It had a fully stocked fridge with reasonable mini bar prices.

A nice hotel but aur conditiner too loud and cannot be turned off

Air conditioner automatically start at night and is very noisy; we wanted to turn it off and was not possible; reception could't help; they also had no clue. Also I didn't like you cannot open the windows to have some fresh air.

Located right in the city center, nice room and decorations

A very nice stay in the heart of Bucharest.
    • Economy Double Room

Breakfast is not exactly 4* but however it's ok.

Centrally located, quite modern, safe and free parking, clean and big room (at least 602) nice staff, good WiFi, good air conditioning.

Solid value, excellent location

For the price and location, this is a great option. Very friendly staff, clean, good-sized rooms, modern bathrooms and comfortable beds. And the wifi works well too. The location is perfect, only steps from the metro and about a 20 minute walk to the Old Town.

I like it and will come back probably (if the price is better)
    • Economy Double Room

Breakfast is ok. Cold sunny side up eggs that were prepared in advance. No vegetables but lettuce. Some pastries, few kinds of ham.

The room, the bed, the shower. There's a small supermarket just in front of the hotel, also a drag store and the metro on the other side of the junction. The Main Street has nice shops and restaurants/cafes

Location - 3 mins to metro station, everything you need -...
    • Economy Double Room

Furniture quite dated to the point of hangers falling apart when you try to use them. Windows can't be open, so you can't get fresh air into the room (air conditioned air is not fresh by any means). Wi-fi connection unstable and not very fast.

Location - 3 mins to metro station, everything you need - grocery, food options etc - in the immediate vicinity.

Nice & Clean Hotel

The staff at the reception were not knowledgeable enough about many sites that we wanted to visit.

The hotel was within 15-20 minutes walking distance from the old town.

Comfortable, clean and overall pleasant accommodation
    • Economy Double Room

The breakfast could have been better quality.

The room was clean and had been designed with comfort in mind. The staff was very friendly and professional. The location of the hotel is good, however, it is not very close to the old city center (~30min walk). But it is easy to get to the old town with metro (station very close to the hotel, 2 stops to the old town), or with Uber.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Very nice moderately priced hotel in a good location

Bar selection is limited and don't ask for a mixed cocktail.

Hotel is very clean and the staff are pleasant and helpful. It has been updated so the rooms have nice amenities and everything is in good condition. Breakfast is worth the 5 euro.