Reviews of Golden Tulip Times Hotel 4 stars

#192 of 236 hotels in Bucharest

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

The staff was very friendly
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very dirty room with stains on the walls and on the carpet Mold in the minibar Not worth the money Unrealistic photos of the place It doesn’t even deserve 1 star My advice is not to go there ever!!

The staff was very friendly

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

There were no ghosts.
    • Deluxe Double Room

There is nothing to like about this place. Avoid it at all costs. Better sleep in the car. It is a 2 star hotel waiting to be refurbished. It is a horrible horrible place to stay. Looks very old, smells very old. Dirty, messed up.

There were no ghosts. I was expecting that too :)

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Staying at this hotel was definitely an experience to...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staying at this hotel was definitely an experience to remember but not in a good way. The furniture in the room was old and dirty and the room had an unpleasant smell. The sink in the bathroom was clogged and the restaurant was closed.

It was enjoyable and we loved Bucharest

The carpets were stained and our beds were not made three times although the bathroom had new towels whether it was cleaned is debatable It would have been nice to have had tea making facilities as there was no bar and after breakfast that was it for any drinks etc. The hotel needs a refresh and update with decoration.

The staff were friendly and very helpful say all times

The location is good and the rooms are big.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

1. The receptionist asked to pay the room at check in . 2.The hotel is poorly maintained starting with the lobby. 3. The carpet was very dirty in the room and outside the room. 4. The toilet seat was broken and it didn’t had sanitized sign( didn’t look clean either). 5. The ceramic tiles in the bathroom are very old and unsanitary. 6. In the bathtub I found a dozen of dead little insects and hair. 7. The towels were old and smelly. 8. The bed was not confortable. 9. The curtain was broken so as one electrical socket. 10. The chairs are old and dirty.

The location is good and the rooms are big. Too bad that the hotel is poorly maintained.

3 star rating
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Carpet on the floor not that clean,lack of a kattle and tea bags or coffee bags also the lack of extra toilet paper , the fridge was empty yeah over all it needs a good refurb.

Not a 4 star hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The entrance steps broken and windows dirty. The carpet in the room with stains ,old furniture, the restaurant with a lot of dust . The AC inside the room not working properly

Breakfast OK

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

The room is very used, the carpet had a lot of dirt marks...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room is very used, the carpet had a lot of dirt marks and it was damaged and it need to be replaced. The air condition didn’t make any cool air. It was very hot!!

Acceptable hotel, probably was better in the past.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Towels were very much used, some with wholes, and all with very thin fabric. Not something to be expected from a decent place. The sink drain had flow issues, and sink was getting full if one opened tap to more than half way. Internal decor like floor carpet and curtains had seen better days.

I liked the room, which was spacious and comfortable. Position was good too, close to Metro station and other public transport, not a walking distance from the center though. In close vecinity one can find restaurants, shops, and pretty everything you need.

The staff was very friendly and did everything they could to...
    • Deluxe Double Room

The towels were terrible. I complained to the front desk before leaving and they advised me to make this issue known, as the company is aware and they are not doing anything about it.

The staff was very friendly and did everything they could to help.

The reception staff was quite ok (changed our room...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Well, this hotel might have looked great some time ago, but now it is simply old and everything in the room has a "used" look. There is also a "heavy" smell in the room due to that. We exchanged the room they originally gave us because the bathroom was not cleaned properly. In the new room, we no longer had toiletries (probably they did not refill after the last guest). It is okish if you are there for 1 night only, but really not what you would expect when you book a room at a Golden Tulip hotel.

The reception staff was quite ok (changed our room immediately after we reported we did not like the one they originally gave us)

Staff were welcoming and the location was ideal.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Towels in the room were old, not complaining about the cleanliness of them. But towels with loose strands and holes that you could fit two fingers doesn't look pleasing.

Staff were welcoming and the location was ideal.

If you have, a chance avoid.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

First, they gave me room at seventh floor. Room was stinking of tobacco and some other smells. In addition, some stains and burns were visible, holes in curtains... When I complained and wanted another room they try to avoid me with, we are fully booked. I insisted and they found me room at one of lower floors. Room was big and worn out but at least not smelly. This hotel obviously has seen better times.

Room was spacious with a lot of m2. Also bathroom was big. Bed was comfortable.

The staff is great and very helpful.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel has seen batter days, some of the furniture has dents and stains and the carpet in the room was stained in multiple places.

The staff is great and very helpful. The location is not bad and parking spots are available free of charge.

Disapointing
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

OMG this should not be a four star hotel! The rom was dirty, the walls, the carpet,the towels had raptures, all looks like was furnished in the 80's. The coffee shop was poor. Not a pleasent experience.

I will not go back there.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Lack of cleaning in the room, bad shower, hygine produts only for one person while we were two, only one type of coffee at breakfast - cappucino for extra money, entering cards did not function I had to go back to the reception, then to ask for changing the room because no lights were near the bed. The gave us a superior room, which is to be appreciated.

POOR.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Been a chain of 4stars hotel i expected more then that.the room was clean but everything was...OLD. I stayed in many Golden Tulip hotels but this was POOR. I don`t know about breakfast because i traveled at the airoport at 4 a.m , but i didnt made shower. Why? From 03:00 am - 03.40 am i let the water run because was cold, after 45 mins, the water was still cold. NO, i will not stay there again. ( My room was at 4th flood) - nonsmoking floor.

at the reception, were friendly and gaved me the room in 2 mins the room was clean and bathroom also clean withour any smell. small but good parking

We reserved a parking spot but when we got there the parking...
    • Deluxe Double Room

We reserved a parking spot but when we got there the parking lot was full so we had to park on a nearby street Dirty room,dirty bathroom,the room had a nasty smell No breakfast included

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very dirty and old furniture, carpet, curtains etc. There were very weird stains everywhere. The carpet was stained and burned in different places. To sit on the couch one has to first lay a towel on top. Very disgusting!!!! The towels were also very old and torn! The whole time we struggled with an incredible noise coming from the heaters. The windows were opaque from dirt! Oh! And this was an upgrade from the previous room we changed which looked even worse! The girl at the reception was very nice and immediately offered to help us with an upgrade- she was not at all surprised by our discontent, this is probably a regular thing! Do yourself a favor and stay away from this place!!

Friendly staff

Was extremely clean and the staff was really really nice.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Well, the bulging was old, everything was old, the carpet, the heater (the noise was like waves) we barely slept at night, even the sofas.

Was extremely clean and the staff was really really nice.

The staff here are all friendly and efficient.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff here are all friendly and efficient. They are all very helpful with questions about the city. I will always stay here when I need a hotel as it is really centrally located with many restaurants a short walk away.

The room was large with enough space to feel very confortable
    • Deluxe Double Room

Carpets were very dirty with a lots of staines that overall gives me the impresion that the cleaning services were absent for a long time!

The room was large with enough space to feel very confortable

The Male receptionist was horrible, argued about our booking...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The Male receptionist was horrible, argued about our booking as soon as we arrived, excused me of making a hole in the door of our room(which was on the door when we first came to the hotel) as soon as our Taxi came to bring us to the airport. Obviously trying to make extra money from us, knowing we were in a rush to get to the airport. Told my brother he'd fight him next time he was in Bucharest. Horrible

Not worth it
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room extremely dirty, especially the carpet. Staff does not really like to smile, and also they have a sign you can't pay by card but actually they have a card machine which works fine, so ask for a card machine if you need to pay by card. Be careful with the room bar, their prices are similar with Scandinavia prices. The lift is a bit weird, you need to wait for strange long time than others and not offering signs for coming up or going down. I definitely wouldn't rate this hotel as a 4start hotel.

Let's say location is not that far from city centre

Golden Tulip, Golden Nights.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I'd really like to have some constructive criticism to bring to the table, but in all honesty, the stay was perfect. Class A view, very spacious, excellent lighting, extra comfortable bed, speedy wi-fi, soft couches, I can't recommend it more.

The staff was amazing. I was making my girl a surprise, brought some champagne and the staff made all the necessary arrangements in the Deluxe Room for our stay; iced the champagne, got us glasses, all the extra stuff, and made for a really special night.

Dirtiest hotel ever
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The carpet in the room was sooooo dirty, the ceiling was very low and room was dark. The bathroom wasn't cleaned properly and the towls has holes from too much usage. Restaurant wasn't open so we ate in the cafe, where the chairs were never cleaned since the opening of the hotel, the light violet tapistry was stained black. The staff were borred and had an uninterested face. This was the dirtiest hotel i've ever been.

Great hotel for the money
    • Standard Triple Room

I liked that our room was very spacious. There were three of us on this trip. The room had a large balcony that overlooked part of the city. the breakfast was pretty good, there was a variety of choices.

would avoid in the future.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room furniture is old, bed mattress awful and the bathroom shower was under expectations. Overall cleanliness not great. Would not recommend this hotel, especially given the rate per night.

the twin bed was ok
    • Standard Triple Room

the extra bed for the child of 11 yo was tiny and it simply fall down when he sit down. The hotel claimed they had 2 twin beds and a family room (this is what we paid for) and in fact they don't have family rooms at all!

the twin bed was ok

The level is alarmingly dropping!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The restaurant is not working, except for breakfast and this have been, I think, for years. How the hotel keeps its' stars is unbelievable! My room's floor this time was dirty. The bathtub floor was also awfully dirty. There were no soaps, shampoos, nothing. I noticed it around midnight and didn't want to disturb the poor staff. Good that I always carry everything with me. The furniture was very tired and worn off. The walls were showing signs of a lot of wear and tear also. The AC was aneaemic and noisy. There was a mini-bar consumption self-check list, left by the previous guest.

Frequent guest until now. Been there maybe 10 times and loved this hotel, although saw it gradually fade away with each visit. Still, the location is ideal for those with tasks in Vitan and Alba Iulia. The staff is friendly and english speaking. The room I booked was very spacious and had plenty of light.

Overall it wasn't bad since we were there only one full day
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No coffee or water in the rooms. I think Bottle of water or coffee would have been welcomed considering the price of room

Location was good and staff. were friendly and helpful. They also organised taxis whenever we wanted to go out. We used Uber as well which is highly recommended.

Worse hotel ever
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No room service during weekends. Rude stafff sitting in the lobby area talking on their mobile phones and when we ask them questions about the area they said they don't know and kept on talking on the phone. They didn't clean the room when we leave while the sign out. It was the worse experience I ever had in my life.

The place isn't bad if travelling as a couple or solo. Great location.
    • Standard Triple Room

The carpet in the room was horrendous and looked like a something out of a crime scene. Badly in need of replacement. If you are traveling with children/teens and get the Triple Room, don't expect an extra bed, expect a very flimsy and uncomfortable cot. I didn't subject my 16 year old daughter to sleep on it and took it for myself. The first cot that was dropped off at the room I broke when I lay on it, and I'm only 175lbs! The second one withstood my hefty weight but the springs were so loose I was almost touching the floor. We only stayed for 3 nights, but any longer would have not been good on the back. The actual beds were ok but nothing special.

Understanding and courteous staff. Great location with plenty of restaurants, grocery store, convenience store and metro all within a short walking distance. The Romanian restaurant a few doors down is highly recommended.

1)Room space very generous.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

1)Missing inventory in the room(existing only in the offer/presentation:tea/coffee kettle). 2)Hotel trying to collect the money in advance even if in the offer was stipulated to be done during the stay at the property. 3)Very poor condition of some inventory items: towels, lights.

1)Room space very generous. 2)Kidness of the staff from reception.

the room was very nice (it is a 4 stars hotel, no doubt...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the coffee from the bar was awfull. I would never give to the customers of a 4 stars hotel such a lame & cheap coffee. please change it back to Illy, at least!

the room was very nice (it is a 4 stars hotel, no doubt about it) and the staff very friendly and helpfull

Used to be good place for the night
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Had to try 3 rooms before 1 was ok for airco. In other rooms airco didn't work (with extreme heat outside). Used to be very good hotel, but detorieted a lot. Clearly management issues. Staff is trying to do all in their best, but some (infrastructural) problems even they cannot solve. Nowadays much better options in bucharest for same or lower price.

The staff was helpful
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was no parking space available. Just in the street where I could get fined . The room was smelling bad. Terrible air conditioning. Dirty bathroom and dirty towels

The staff was helpful

Location was convenient for the purpose of our stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

All floors smell of sigarette smoke and dust, rooms have all old, stained and dirty carpet, bathroom plugs are blocked and smelly. This hotel is the worst 4 star I have ever stayed in, would not even rate it as 3 star at the moment. Renovation should be considered asap. Breakfast was very poor, only American coffee provided. Espresso or cappuccino will incur in extra charge.

Location was convenient for the purpose of our stay. Reception staff was welcoming and kind.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was smelling very bad , so bad that you actually couldn't stay in , the shower doors were detached , the toilet was jumping around

Well located but showing its age (prematurely)
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Its showing its age, from the broken stone steps at the entrance to the stained carpets in the bedrooms, its been a while since this hotel was at its peak. Breakfast is limited for a hotel of this class and the absence of decent coffee the worst of that sin.

Very friendly and professional staff exceed the quality of the structure. Several very good restaurants just down the street, overall good levels of cleanliness. Love the powerful shower.

They have to pay more attention to cleaning also to...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

They have to pay more attention to cleaning also to technical service: carpets are full of stains (room 406), shower tube is not stable and make strange noises when you step on it, shower is not working properly due to lime, etc.

If you are a smoker don't come here.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The carpet was really filthy. It's a 4 stars hotel and we asked for a smokers room at the reception. We got a smokers room at the 8th floor and the carpet was really dirty & burned with cigarettes. The armchair that was in the room was broken and very dirty as well. I'm really disappointed because this is my second trip at Golden Tulip Times and the first one was really impressive. Very clean & big room and i have nothing bad to say about my first trip here. This time was really disappointing and i will never come back here. If you have booking.com offers, with a good price, that doesn't mean that you can treat your clients like this, giving them the worst rooms that you have. Actually, that is not a 4 stars hotel room. It's a 2 stars room with indulgence, considering the fact that i stayed with my shoes on. I'm not a demanding customer, i actually didn't changed the room because i didn't want to create a situation, but the future clients should know that this hotel gives you filthy rooms if you are a smoker. For me, this means that if i am a smoker i am not respected as a client.

The bed & bathroom were clean, the hotel location is ok, lots of restaurants on the street and very close to the old city of Bucharest.

Old hotel - to avoid
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

dirty carpet (stains), no hot water late evening, no drainage in the bath tube, old A/C - very loud / not working properly (I could not sleep), old towels, TV remote control not working, horrible breakfast

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

I do not recommend! No parking! Rude staff!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There are only 7 parking spaces on site, although this is not mentioned on booking.com or on the hotel's website. When we've asked for a parking space they were trying to convince us to park on a zebra crossing, as they will guarantee the police will not notice. Very rude staff. Very small room. Gas station in front of the propriety. We've asked for a conversation with the manager, but never had one, as he is not available.

the wiev was nice from the window, very central location,...
    • Deluxe Double Room

carpets wasn't very clean; the sofa bed is not for sleeping, because it is not to enlarge; for that price we were expecting more nicely furnished room

the wiev was nice from the window, very central location, close to the bars, restaurants

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Adequate choice in Sector 3 for the business traveller with car
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms could have been less worn out for that kind of money. Actually, the prices don't quite match the quality in terms of facilities and comfort, so value for money is rather questionable, but the location and the (although scarce) parking opportunity make up for this.

Golden Tulip Times has an excellent location, facilitating the vsistor of Bucharest to reach the interesting spots in the center of the city with ease. Also, Decebal is a very good part of the city itself, with its' tens of bars and restaurants. There is a parking lot, although small, which, for this part of the city, is great! The rooms are nothing special, but are OK. The hygiene is also OK. The staff are very helpful. The restaurant is very good, although it closes early.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

A 3.5 stars hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was good, but the food served in the restaurant (except breakfast) was not so good. Room was not aired before checkin and was a little smell. The photos show a well-kept room in reality is not so. I'd say it's more than 3 not 4 stars.

The location is very accessible, close to the subway. The stuff was very nice.

The hotel is a little out of the centre but not by far,...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is a little out of the centre but not by far, however there is a metro very close There was parking right outside for free The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was very good Nice comfy bed and nice room with aircon Great value

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Good hotel for the money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The mattresses need replacing as do the very hard and uncomfortable pillows The hotel is really nice but just needs these little touches updated

The breakfast was fabulous and the best we had during our trip there was something for everyone and a really good selection

The fact that our reservation was not registered and we...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The fact that our reservation was not registered and we almost remained without an available room. The hotel staff was nice enough to offer the presidential suite however it was pure luck that that one was still available.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

6.0
    Nice area
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I was out of hotel and I came at 00:35 am the persone was at the reception sleeping at coffeshp "Catalin" and he was speaking with nervius way because of I wake him up, but other staff ware good people

Nice area

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

good accomodation, poor meals
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We had an issue with going to the restaurant. We went to eat at 9 pm and the doors were locked even if It should have been open 'till 10 or 11. We asked at the front desk and the lady phoned the waiter to open the doors but he refused saying he has something else to do. We were invited in the coffee-lounge and served something there. I ate fish and chips and my husband a burger. Neither of them was tasty.

The room. We asked for a babycrib and they were kind to prepare it with no extracharge

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

The room is quite big and comfortable bed.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The breakfast is really very poor with food restrictions. I cannot believe that a 4 star hotel in Bucharest offers this kind of breakfast.

The room is quite big and comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Not so great
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Old furniture, worn out carpet, broken shower (water running out in the bathroom), old towels

Fair location and breakfast. Free parking available. Good wi-fi.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

I went outside for dinner and the Lady Irina Ion I...
    • Deluxe Double Room

I went outside for dinner and the Lady Irina Ion I understand it's her name, check out my room by herself because she thought I left. I didn't say anything at reception, I didn't check out and I didn't give her the room card. The ladies from cleaning took my stuff from my room, I had a present in a bag, a Parfum, they open and use it! Bad employees and bad reception service!

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Comfortable bed and large room.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Stayed 3 days. Good value, but slightly out of town and tatty. Room wasn't cleaned very well, and we were told there was no room service available at 10pm when all the information in the room stated otherwise. Finally, if you suffer from asthma, stay away from the bar as it's very smokey.

Comfortable bed and large room.

Excellent location,easy way in and out Bucuresti.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Carpets,upholstery and some pieces of furniture definitely need some refreshments,but this doesn't affect (yet) the general comfort.

Excellent location,easy way in and out Bucuresti.Staff OK ,comfortable room. Breakfast not tremendous, just decent. A good selection of TV channels, wifi OK. Nice place to spend few days in Bucuresti.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Very old and dirty.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Aged carpets and furniture
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Under staffed , slow response .

Aged carpets and furniture

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Everything!

Nothing! Nothing!

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Not a 4 stars hotel

Position

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Central location, generous room.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Not very clean. I would've expected much more from a 4-stars hotel situated in the centre of Bucharest.

Central location, generous room.

Good exterior, bad interior. Not 4 star hotel!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Rooms lacking cleanliness. Stained carpets. Breakfast lacking diversity.

Location. Comunication with personal.

Furniture is quite old and used.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Furniture is quite old and used. There is a little bit too much noise from the street.

Nice hotel

Nice hotel

Nice hotel quiet

Nice hotel quiet

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Bugs in my room. Had to check out after first night because I noticed insects crawling on the carpet by balcony door.

Location. Staff is helpful.

Okish
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The carpets were really ugly and seemed dirry

Location, breakfast

Ideally located - Good value for money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room was not cleaned everyday.

Friendly staff

They should take care of this hotel and refurbished the facade

Bad condition

Not for business or official meeting
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

old damage facade bad shape of the building old furniture small windows dirty

price

A nightmare
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Night staff.. useless (wrong info), room carpet.. dirty; room not tidied up, smell in the corridor; invoice.. not received at check out

A nightmare
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Guy of reception.. useless; carpet of room.. dirty; room.. not tide up; no invoice at check out. A nightmare!!!

Good hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room was a little noisy but I think this happens everywhere in Bucharest.

Nice, clean hotel. With all the facilities you need for a pleasant stay.

Won't be going back
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Poor breakfast, lukewarm tea, cold shower

Spacious room