Reviews of Complex Hanul Muresenilor 4 stars

Valea Larga 57, 505600 Săcele, Romania

#11 of 16 hotels in Săcele

Great place, except for one thing...

Unfortunately, there is one thing that almost ruined it all: the bed mattress was so hard, that I could simply not sleep on it. It was simply the hardest mattress I had in my life, and it happened before too, but not like this. It was like concrete, no bounce at all. My husband, who wholeheartedly agreed with me, let me use the whole cover (which I folded) and his 2 pillows, and so I could sleep. We didn't have anything else to cover ourselves over night, so I just put my socks on, while my husband used a bathrobe. Next day I complained to the reception and they put another softer layer on top of the mattress and it was a bit better, at least I could sleep. I understood that they had such complaints many times before, I just can't understand why isn't this solved, this issue is with all rooms having matrimonial beds (as I understood). It's a real pity, as the place is quite good and one can tell that people are dedicated to make it a pleasant experience. There was also a problem with the payment: I paid the whole price in full upfront, but the hotel just received half of it. When I left, they were still trying to clarify it with Booking.com, so be sure that you have the proofs of your payment with you (if you paid in advance).

Very nice hotel with friendly staff, heated swimming pool (large enough, no worries) and great food (they must have a good chef as the plating was exquisite and the taste was awesome). Room was clean, we greatly admire the quality of the furniture (including doors) and balcony. The location has a lot of places where you can spend time in the yard, with swings (for adults too), fire pits, benches, etc. We were there in March (and still winter), but it must be lovely in summer.

Worse than the scariest horror movie.

- Cleanliness - the place was absolutely filthy. - No room temperature control. - Awful smell in the bathroom. - Swimming pool was incredibly filthy. Am absolute germs tub. - Pool table was a complete JOKE. - TV was miles away from the bed and up on the ceiling almost. And tiny. - Restaurant personnel looked like they just got out of jail. And SERVED people just like they recently got out of jail. - The soda cans in the "minibar", had mold on them. SERIOUS health threat. - The minibar was loud as a jackhammer. Had to take it out in order to get some rest. - Darkness everywhere. - Absolutely NOTHING to do. (unless you want to play billiards on that half-pool-table they had there, and catch some flesh eating bacteria in the swimming pool.)

I didn't like anything other than the fact that I didn't sleep out on the street. However now I think THAT would have been a little better.

Good value, wonderful location, child friendly

No jacuzzi, extremely hard mattress, backyard terrace should not be closed even when no business guests

Spatious outdoor playground, good breakfast, nice restaurant good food,, great team building / business facilities, nice view on the balcony, good value for money, wonderful forest tracks right there, free pool, nice lake, nice relaxation and grill facilities outdoors

I liked the area.

The water in the swimming pool was clouded. Limited choice for breakfast and every day the same food. Not enough staff to supervise the reception and the bar.

I liked the area...beautiful view from the balcony. Nice terrace. Good size rooms/spacious.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

very nice hotel if you have a car

the restuarant looks classy and breakfast was ok (but not buffet at least offseason) but we took dinner there and food and service were mediocre at best but price was high (romania standards ofcourse)

nice views and atmosphere clean and comortable has a resort like feel has an indoor pool

The bed was very comfortable, location is brilliant, near...

The bed was very comfortable, location is brilliant, near the woods, ideal for a holiday in nature.

Bathroom

everything was as described - cozy and nice

Fair

Clean

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Dirty..the personal rude..the food horible...

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

Nice location surrounded by forest.

The Spa section has no jacuzzi. Also, the swimming pool was too crowded and the main rule - no jumping into the water - was not taken into the consideration by the people, nor by the hotel staff.

Nice location surrounded by forest. Great service, spacious room, nice food at the restaurant.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2016

We had swimming pool and sauna all to ourselves.

Most of staff did not speak English (or German or French) and did not even make an effort to understand what we wanted. All our requests were met with NO (despite the fact that a lot of them were actually fulfilled later on to our surprise). For example, we couldn't change the room (we got twin instead of double) because the hotel was full, but at the breakfast there was no buffet because there were too few guests. At breakfast tea was not included (or so we were told) but it was never counted or added to our bill. I guess it was a communication issue but we were baffled at every step.

We had swimming pool and sauna all to ourselves.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2016

Secluded area.

TV was almost hidden in a corner, very hard to watch while in bed. No slippers in the room, had to ask at front desk for some. Some loose ends around the building (unfinished fence; lack of railings in various places; very steep ramp for people with disabilities).

Secluded area. Large parking. Hard mattress (I have a bad back, so for me it's a plus).

• Reviewed: 26 October 2015

- the view

- the matress from the bed ... i think there wasn't any ... so solid it looked like a wooden plank - poor noise isolation... the fact that nobody did nothing about the noise from a larger group that lasted untill 3am

- the view - the location itself with the mini lake - the position at the base of the mountain

• Reviewed: 7 May 2015

Location is quite and relaxing, has a nice little road...

I wouldn't know where to start. Everything was bad . Gym was a joke , nothing was working or safe for that matter no water or towels provided for the gym not for the pool , u had to specifically ask for it and return it after . The pool water was salty and smelled really bad . The sauna we had to wait 1:30 minute to be ready . The breakfast was ok no fresh juices, only " fresh out of the carton " juices . No way to set up ur room temperature . Was set to 21 degrees Celsius and that was it only option was extra blanket . No guiding on arrival , we weren't told anything about the hotel or surrounding , we were just given the keys and that's it , we had to constantly ask about everything . Pleasent desk staff but very uninterested in making our stay remarkable . Restaurant smelled like toilets or toilet cover up deodorant . Food was good tho . Nothing to do around except going to the city or one main attraction point which they said nothing about . We had to google stuff to do in the area .

Location is quite and relaxing, has a nice little road towards the woods and hills u can climb close by that give u a nice back to basics feeling .

• Reviewed: 23 February 2016

The breakfasts were excellent.

Bed was very hard but till comfortable.

The breakfasts were excellent. Plenty of choice.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2016

Big diferences on dishes between cook shift.

Location. Staff. Food

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

Breakfast, Pool

Defect Wi-fi

Breakfast, Pool

• Reviewed: 31 March 2015

The huge bed

Sauna was poor quality, music in lobby was dreadful euro house, breakfast not greatest

The huge bed

• Reviewed: 3 February 2015

Great staff&service

Broken sauna Very hard matress, my back still hurts

Great staff&service Very good food Nice location Elegant ambiance

There are also 22 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.