Reviews of Iaki Conference & Spa Hotel 4 stars

Mamaia Resort, 900001 Mamaia, Romania

#21 of 62 hotels in Mamaia

• Superior Family Double Room

The hotel beach was quite dissapointing. I was expecting more comfortable sun beds, sand is quite full of broken shells and there is no possibility to have a snack or something to eat on the beach (except a few breakfast pastries).

Very good location, right on the beach. We had an upgrade from a Family room to an executive apartment, which was very spacious and comfortable. Various good choices for breakfast.

• Double Room with Sea View

Hotel was located perfectly, however what it really needs is coffee making in the bedrooms. The coffee in the bar and restaurant were always lukewarm, The food wasn’t wonderful we only had 1 evening meal which wasn’t nice I had a really cold meal and didn’t eat it but was charged, my husband was hungry so he eat his even if it was cold. The breakfast’s they do not cater for any type of vegetarians at all ,the fried eggs had meat in them, lots of meat but only small amount of food that as a vegetarian I could eat. The fruit was amazing and the boiled eggs were good but the cheese was with the meat so couldn’t be eaten. The pool staff were really really nice and the chamber maids were not bad, they didn’t wash up the glasses that we used! The beds were changed and the towels. However on the morning we were due to check out the air conditioning was switched off so we had to pack in 30 c Which we both thought was very unfair. The reception staff refused to let us a have a towel for the pool on our last day as it was against the rules, and as our flight wasn’t until the evening , it was very frustrating not to have a towel at the pool, we were told that we could buy one which seemed rather stupid. All in all the resort and hotel were ok but the hotel needs to improve its attitudes if it wants to attract other than Romania guest , during our stay we were the only English couple, which was ok. There is a spa but we didn’t use it. I believe that during high season it would be very difficult to get a lounger at the poolside as the pool area isn’t very large . The children’s fascilities outside are very nice but not for a lot of children .

It takes a lot of time to get the room,unhelpful staff in the reception,they do nothing until 4 pm and then it is a long wait for everybody to checkin. We got in the room at about 5 pm . Meanwhile we heard at lunch many families who "managed" to get the room at arrival.

Very good location,clean room,large bathroom with all amenities. Breakfast was awesome.

The hotel is nice but a little bit outdated. The wi-fi is not functional in any part of the hotel, even if they give you the password. For check out we had to wait around 45 min because they must check , room by room, for the minibar. I think this system is outdated, not very polite and takes a lot of time. Furthermore, at the checkout I paid again the first night because, in order to unblock the down payment , they had to search for a paper! With a queue of 30 person and restless kids it didn’t seams the best idea. I hope they will unblock the deposit in a reasonable time. The breakfast was ok, but nothing special, served in a huge, dark, sad ballroom.

The position, the beach ( could be cleaned !) the personal very professional, the food in the restaurant , an excellent Chef , the view from the rooms. Overall the hotel is very clean and could offer an relaxing atmosphere.

• Special Offer - Double Room - Purify your Body

the apartment they gave me instead of my double room was at the 1st floor in very noisy area, Very close to this apartment are ventilation of hotel which makes the room very noisy 24/24. I announced the reception about this situation in the 1st night of arrival and also in the next day. They didn't solve the problem and and they couldn't move us to another room because they said that they are fully booked. For more than 150 euro/night in extra season they should pay more attention for these situations

this is not the 1st time I stayed at this hotel so I enjoyed the location and the personnel the restaurant pool area again my room was upgraded but.....

• Double Room with Sea View

Check-in was so and so, but the check-out process was a nightmare. We waited in line 45 mins in order to complete the checkout. They had this idiotic process of checking each room 's minibar content. Also, even if I paid for half of our stay in advance, I couldn't pay for the other half because they've lost a piece of paper(in 2018). Payed in full as to escape that mess and hopefully they will return the advance payment. Breakfast is good but could be improved a bit. Especially the coffee making facilities are not up to standard. Elevator is slooooow.

Great location, in the center of Mamaia. Great facilities, with private beach and pool. Would recommend it for families with small children.

• Double Room with Sea View

The bed was quite poor for the star of the hotel. The bedding was fine just the bed it’s self. Other than that nothing to complain about.

The hotel staff were really nice, all the girls at the front desk were so so helpful. Made out stay that much more enjoyable!

All was perfect

Incredible employees! Professional and totally honest. I forgot a very expensive watch in the room and didn't even realize. They called me few hours after I have checked out to tell me and give me my watch back. They could have turn it in to a lot of cash very quickly, but instead they acted 100% professional. I strongly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a beautiful stay and very good services in Mamaia!

• Superior family Double Room with Sea View

The pool was being treated for a week so our whole stay we were not allowed to use. We were not notified and were expected to pay normal price. Photos of beach we not accurate to real life. Chairs on beach scattered, no umbrellas. Some staff were really nice, others had an attitude and were judgmental/not friendly.

The room was beautiful and comfortable.

• Superior Family Double Room

The hotel was under reparation and was a lot of noice, the swimming pool was not clean and couldn’t be used, there was people on the terrace that was making barbecue like in a gipsy camp, the furniture in the room was old and broken, the bed was broken....

• Superior Family Double Room

I dint like that I had to pay to enjoy the facilities of the hotel , the spa and inside pool. Outside pool was dirty and closed. For the money that I paid was not worth it and annoying that I couldn’t enjoy the facilities of my hotel .

The hotel is nice

Great location good breakfast excellent staff especially Adriana Pandele she always goes the extra mile to please and to make you feel confortabile and at home.

• Double Room without Balcony

spa services ( very good price ) - but also very law quality payed for 5 massage and one face treatment ( less then 150 euro ) only first massage and the face treatment was ok the rest was really bad - they do not respect the time a massage of 50 minutes is usually 35 minutes , therapist very low profesional. Spa cost - they charge you for 10 euro for 2 hours if you wanna use spa area ( even if you get a massage usually all hotels in this world if you take a therapy that day you have spa free of charge ). Loby bar ( small screen for football games )

location one of the best in Mamaia staff very profesional reception and loby bar ( bartender with lot of experience very polite) cleaning the rooms changing bed shits very high quality sea view amazing breakfast quality very good ( breakfast manager very profesional)

I expected a more luxurious room. The wifi didn't work properly. The bathroom had bathtub (I prefer a shower). The bathroom didn't look luxurious(though it was clean). The bed was huge but not very comfy. Perhaps I set my expectations too high.

The staff was great, the location is fine, the hotel overall is OK.

• Superior Family Double Room

One elevator is not enough for such a big hotel. The temperature in the room could not be fixed. During night we had 30 degrees in the room which made sleeping impossible

Location was ok and food was good

• Special Offer Beauty Express - Double Room

There is only one elevator which is very, very slow. Furniture in the rooms a little worn out. I hope the message on the fridge ( 10 euro / day tax if you put your own things there, is just a joke ). It was our first stay here after we discussed several time to choose Iaki for our summer holidays. After this stay, i believe that the price for summer time (250 eur/night) is waaaaay over what the hotel offers. 90 Euro ( as per our stay) is a more realistic price.

The Hotel is on the beach and Iaki Spa is a very good place to be in. Staff was very friendly.

Best places with scenic views in Constanta! Is always a pleasure to return and stay at Iaki Hotel in Constanta, in summer or winter, all the time is an emotional state of well-being #fly and #smile ##sea #happiness❤️ #sunset #sunrise #haven

The pool is horrible, very slippery with sharp edges and corners where you can seriously enjirure yourself. The pool lining was comming off and you had to pay extra to even get access to the pool. At the check in I had to prove to them with bank statement and sms that I already payed because they wanted to charge me again.

The room and the hotel is nice.

I waited 45 minutes for my food to be brought by the waiter at the hotel's restaurant. No access for massage at the Spa even though it was two hours until closing time. No free coffee/tea inside the room (some smaller hotels provide this). Also, when we arrived the booking was not confirmed at the hotel reception and we had to wait a lot in the lobby for both occupants to be registered into the room by their ID. It's the first time ever when I was asked to pay for the room before the stay.

Good temperature for the water in the swimming pool.

• Double Room with Wellness Access

Just a minor setback: the room temp was set a bit too high, to 25 degrees (Celsius). I tried turning it off several times, but every time I opened and closed the balcony window/door, the thermostat would restart again with the 25 degrees heat. This also happened when we left the room and returned. I tried setting the temperature to a lower one, but it didn't seem to work in reducing the temperature one bit.

Superb breakfast options. We received a small room upgrade when checking in, a room with sea view, so we really appreciated this nice touch from the staff.

• Double Room - Days of Love Package

- the lamp from balcony didn't work; - Wi-Fi connection - the access to the SPA center, for people staying at the hotel should be free of charge; - during our accommodation here, using the elevator was not a problem, but during the summer season it could be, because it's quite slow.

- very friendly and professional staff (especially at SPA area); - good breakfast; - comfortable room

The mattress of the bad it wasn't so comfortable, you can see that it was used a lot and it wasn’t changed.

Nice location with a nice view to the sea.

• Double Room with Sea View

Special thanks to the really nice girl at the reception for giving us a room upgrade. The entire hotel has a charm of its own and the room was extremely spacious. Breakfast was great, lots of things to choose from. And an obvious tip: get a room with a sea view, it's really nice to see the sunrise from the balcony :)

• Double Room with Wellness Access

The breakfast could be a bit richer in options.

Excellent facilities, professional staff, great value for the SPA wellness area, great relaxation massage. The room was very spacious, it had a sea view and a HUGE terrace. I'm looking forward for my next trip to IAKI!

We have maybe the same complaints as other travelers: the hotel has only one elevator and this is verrrryyyy slowww. You have to wait a lot to come and then a lot to go up or down. It isnt it such a big deal for those who want to do some sport on the stairs but for us with a small baby it was a problem. Another issue is the WIFI connection..or better said the lack of it..it was even slower than the elevator..anyways at 4th floor. As concerns the hot water you should expect few or none during peak periods, they really have to work on the plumbing and the boiler capacity. The bed is too large and covers most of the room floor and we do recommend to change the pillows..not so comfortable. The hotel is elegant but needs more maintenance and more carefulness to details if they want to keep the 4*. If you go too early to the SPA you might find the sauna still cold and Jacuzzi unprepared. Despite the mentioned negative points we really enjoyed the accommodation and we recommend this hotel.

The context of our review is based on three nights during winter for New Year's Eve party. It was great with 3 parties each night. The meals for lunch were also included as buffet type. The hotel is good for children with playing spaces and other amenities and it was appreciated by our baby. The breakfast was moderate to good with diverse specialties: eggs, ham, cheese, orange juice, etc.. The hotel is well placed next to be beach and to Mamaia promenade so perfect location. The rooms were comfortable and the ones with sea view are nice. There is large LCD TV with HD channels. The hotel is clean and the staff very friendly so a big thumbs up for them..thank you for the hospitality. The hotel pool was large and the water clean.

The furniture in the room was a bit old and the bed was missing some pieces but we didn’t spend so much time in the room and it did not matter overall

The best breakfast I ever had in a hotel, great variety, different every morning, loved it! Also the receptionist offered us a better room and gave us the possibiity to choose after seeing three rooms. Great customer service!

• Double Room with Sea View

I can't say anything bad about this hotel.

I have been at this location on numerous other occasions, the staff was always nice and helpful - the checkin was done within a few minutes. The interior and the rooms are all nice, also their restaurants. It is great that the hotel is just on the side of the Black Sea!

• Double Room without Balcony

On 21.11.2017 the hotel stopped me 30% of the price of the accommodation. I had the right to cancel until 22.11.2017 I do not think this practice of stopping money before arriving in the location is right, it is a violation of my right, they make a pre-authorized without myself agreeing. I know that the hotel has the right to make a prepayment, but I still disagree

Some misunderstanding regarding a dinner we have booked. However, at the end the hotel people managed to solve it. The other guests were a bit annoying, but of course this is not hotel fault. Also spa was not available even with two weeks in advance (very likely during winter the personnel is kept at a minimum). Therefore it is advisable not to advertise the hotel for spa, as long as one can not do a massage there!

Excelent stay: room was perfect (clean, big bed). Morning food excelent. We highly recommend this hotel (though more for families).

only part what was not so good was that my door key did not work like 5 times. So I had to keep going down to the front desk.

The staff was really nice and helpful,

They were amazing the moment we stepped into the hotel. Upgraded our room at no cost and very helpful staff. The spa is very good. Great experience any season!!

• Double Room with Sea View

The elevator was outdated and had a strange mechanical/industrial oil smell to it. NOT a pleasant place to be in at all. The room was nice and clean with one exception: the balcony still had a used Pepsi can left on the floor. Also, the lights were not all working, we had to let the staff know so they could fix it. Regarding the room, there was one more small annoyance: one of the tables in the room almost fell over as it had its one leg broken.

Room was very large with good air conditioning, suitable balcony and nice view of the beach that was 100m from the hotel. Breakfast was also a great surprise with good variety and excellent coffee. The staff was nice as well.

• Special Offer Beauty Express - Double Room

Restaurant was not very friendly, the waiters not very friendly or customer oriented. Spa has good conditions, except for the fact that only 1 sauna was working full time, the wet sauna worked only in the morning for 2-3 hours. Reception personnel was good and welcoming one day, the other day was grumpy and blunt.

facilities, personnel overall friendly and customer oriented, especially in SPA & bar.

• Double Room with Wellness Access

A little bit of trouble with SPA treatment bookings.

SPA package and access included in the price. Great facilities and no rebate on quality even if it was out of the season.

The matress of our bed was totally colapsed.Spa wasn t included in the price-practically you had to pay almost as much you paid for the room to use the spa.

Good breakfast,fast chek in / chek out,rooms clean .

• Double Room with Wellness Access

The bad: -the food was absolutely awful for a 4 star hotel : in the morning old bread, cold scrambled eggs, old veggies(not fresh),cold "plastic" taste french fries etc. -i made the mistake by paying extra for the lunch : they have a la carte menu, but the menu is an old piece of broken paper with 6 type of foods (apparently they had only one, that was beeing carried out from table to table). Unacceptable for any hotel ! -the staff was clueless about many things from the reception to the spa to the restaurant (witch was the worst) to give two exemples : I waited for the broken paper menu 10 min with an empty restaurant (i mean that literally) , I asked what was the menu cookie of the day and the girl that was serving us had no ideea she left to ask and after 15 min of waiting we decided to leave... (no one came back) -I paid extra for the awful lunch for the 3 and half year old boy (40 euros) -I left this hotel in the morning without the second lunch that was included in the price (not worth the stay in my opinion)

A mixed experience at this hotel ! The good: -big king size bed -good size room -big bath but very small shower for very thin people :) -nice view of the sea -the room was warm (i've been there in octomber) -the spa is nice (pool, jacuzzi, sauna, gym, footbal field)

Location of the hotel is outstanding. The swimming pool, beach and outside restaurant are cosy and nice looking. We've managed to see the owner, our most known football player, Gheorghe Hagi. It was the 1st time in my life I see Gica in person. I am impressed. Congratulations, Gica, you've made a very fine resort there. Now, about the staff, this message is especially for the manager of the hotel. If I would be the manager of this hotel with this well known and loved owner, I would proceed in the following way: - I would make sure and train that all the staff to smile when meet the tourists on the hallways. - I would make sure that all the waiters at the restaurant welcome right away the guests at their table, when they sit down and wait for them to get a menu; - more important, I would forcely make sure that the guests are not queueing at the reception for check in and check out. Now, at this hotel, the queues are take place and seem like the one at any Romanian hotel 25 years ago. Time has passed and nothing has to be like before, in the past; the management of this hotel has to act and organize every aspect of the welcoming and treating the guest like in any 4 or 5 stars hotel in the world. I mean, in a premium manner. We hope that: - this message to reach the manager of the hotel, - to be published by Booking.com (I am almost sure that it will not be truncated, because it should be taken as a constructive and positive feedback and Booking always does this, I am confident in that); - we'll get back to Iaki somewhere in the future and find everything at real 4 stars. Good luck !

• Double Room with Wellness Access

Terrible reception desk, staff with bad attitude, unmanned bar, not allowed to use room fridge for personal items! Customer service 0 apart from 1 waiter in the restaurant over a 4 nights stay

Great location, lovely pool and private beach with great spa facilities

• Special Offer - SPA Romantic - Double Room with Sea View

The room I received was a balcony room and I would say to small and also the balcony quite dangerous to step out onto to as the step was quite high. Staff had not good English although I was in there country. I tried to combat that with friendliness. Didn't seem to work though

Location. Variety of foods to choose from all good quality.

• Flexible Room

Around 16:30 i went to sleep for an hour to rest and there was a big noise. They were working some maintenance Or repairs. I called the reception and they lied to me. The breakfast is very poor. Not to many options and not very good.

• Superior family Double Room with Sea View

The check-in girl didn't provide much information about the hotel facilities. I had to ask by myself about everything, and for example about the beach towel cards I found out in the last day from other tourists on the beach.

Location Food Room

quality of the private Beach of the hotel ( sunbed not verry nice ) near you can fiind nice beaches just you must pay for sunben 5 euro prices of the restaurant little bit high but also a good quality of the food difficult to get ice to the bar no ice machine inside the bar only in the restaurant

one of the best hotel in Mamaia , quality of the breakfast , room verry confortable , pool looks really nice , reception staff friendly ,bar looks nice , often you can meet in the bar Gheorge Hagi the most faimous football player that ever Romania had

• Double Room with Sea View

Communication between staff can be improved. The water in the outside pool a little too cold.

Hotel is very clean and quiet, the air conditioning worked fine, the food ia fresh and enough options to choose from, the beach is clean and people friendly. The inside swimming pool at the spa is nice, water is warm, I didn't try the massage and the other options.

• Flexible Room

smell from the kitchen travels through the air vents so if you can't keep the AC on; breakfast was not tasty, but coffee was good

the bed is was really comfortable

- very bad internet / wireless - reading that other travelers complained about the same already in e.g. September, November, December 2016 and as well in August 2015 - it looks like the hotel does not care about this and unlikely that it will be fixed I was in youth hostels with better Internet!!!! - one plug and the light on the terrace don't work (room 204) - there is a daily charge of 10 Euro per day if you want to put some private food/drink in the minibar - I was in many hotels (business and private) all over the place and this is a first I have encountered - there is a daily charge if you want to use the spa/indoor pool - the outside swimming pool was once dirty and many deck chairs on the pool and also on the beach are covered in bird droppings... should be a no-go for 4 star hotel! - bath tube retained water - once bad smell came out of the bath tube - one day there was no warm water in the whole hotel wing! - I managed to cope with that but my wife less - a bit more variation on the breakfast would had been nice (e.g. I was missing water melons and icre de crap which are normally typical for hotels there) - when checking out it looks like someone charged a dinner on my room. The receptionist couldn't provide though a signed bill - on the day in question I ate dinner outside of the hotel and provided to her the receipt where we ate. She made a copy of that and got my email address should something turn up.

- very friendly and professional staff! - nice and very spacious room with sea view (I wonder if I was upgraded without my knowledge?) - in the middle of Mamaia - so short ways to Restaurants, Clubs etc. - good breakfast - especially the Omelettes! - received a SPA voucher for my wife for a mini treatment - different activities - e.g. Aqua sport, activities for children - Live music in the evening - has its own beach The hotel is owned by the Romanian football legend (now retired) Gheorghe Hagi - we saw him a couple of times in the bar (watching TV, discussing) - regret it now that we didn't ask if we can take a picture but also understand that he most likely values his privacy ;) The hotel is great but has several (in my opinion severe) deficiencies which are known (see previous reviews) but are not addressed!

• Presidential Suite with Wellness access

The towels cards system. If you lose the card, they ask you to pay for it a huge amount which we refused to pay.

Very friendly staff, the room service was excellent.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

no parking places in busy periods, restaurant staff was hard to find, poor food, dirty beach, old sunbeds, and the list goes on...

Front desk staff was really nice. they have even gave us a free upgrade

It was hard to find a parking spot in the hotel parking lot, the spa is only accessible after paying a 69RON/person/day fee, which was not stated when the reservation was made, the "double" bed was actually two single mattresses next to each other. All in all not a 4 star experience and definitely not worth the money.

It is close to restaurants and shops, the food was nice.

We enjoyed the variety of food at b'fast and lunch as well as the location!

Staff (either unhelpful, abrupt or simply rude), lack of air conditioning, dirty pool, lack of service in general from reception to pool staff!

• Suite with Sea View

Of ...need to write this . Parking is a problem . Bell boy is helpful but still an unpleasant feeling .

Is my second time in Iaki and I was pleasantly surprised. This time I was upgraded to an Executive room that was great having only breakfast included . Entire Iaki team is helpful and kind but Bianca from reception and Aura from the swimming pool were by far the BEST .Thank you girls for making my stay great .. I am travelling a lot and see a lot of hotels around the world but never find such great staff. Breakfast was excellent ( improved a lot in the last 3 years ) . Hope to have the parking solved until my next arrival. Thanks Iaki for a pleasant short stay . I wish I could have stay more :-)

• Double Room with Sea View

It isn't what you would expect from a 4* hotel, especially not at those high prices. The room was really, really small, we couldn't find a place to open our luggage without being forced to jump over it to get to the bathroom, the room was pretty clean (we found some old plastic-package in the corner of the room), the terrace was miserable (it even had spider nets), the furniture is old - the desk was peeling off, the terrace chairs are the cheapest plastic-chairs you can find, 2* hotel style, they said that's the designated smoking area but there was no ashtray to be found. The Wifi is a joke, we used mobile data all the time. You only had 1 socket at the right nightstand of the bed, the other one was under some furniture, hardly accessible, so one of us couldn't charge their phone at night, the front door was getting stuck all the time, we called a cleaning lady to open it once, we stayed at the 4th floor, the water pressure was terrible, the shower is the smallest shower i ve ever seen, I'm a skinny girl and i had a really hard time washing my head without hitting my elbows all the time. They say they offer salon services and spa, but that's not the case, at the salon there is a woman that answers with "no" at any question you have (can I have a manicure here today? or tomorrow?), the answer is no, no further explanation, i felt like a kid asking for free candy, not paid 4* salon services. And a funny one - they ask you to pay 10 euros/ day if you want to deposit your stuff in their minibar-refrigerator - It's a summer sea side hotel - no refrigerator. Also, they check you in at 4pm and check you out at 12 pm, that way if you pay for 2 nights and you have lunch-inclued, you only get 1 lunch in 3 days and 2 nights. Oh, you want late-checkout? Get ready to pay 30% of the room for 2 hours and 50% for 4 hours and after 6 hours you play the whole night. We're not coming back anytime soon.

The position of the hotel and sea-view are amazing, the food is really good and fresh (we went half board), the bed and pillows are ok, the restaurant staff is helpful and nice, some of the receptionists are nice.

• Suite with Sea View

first day lunch most of the hot food served was cool poor salt variation by 2:00 pm the buffet was empty,serviec by the stuff was poor .not suitable to 4 star hotel.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Special Offer - Double Room - Purify your Body

I checked in and they gaved me a room. When i got to the room, i sit on the bed and the bed broke down. I called at the reception, where i have to admit the girls were very proffesional, and in 30 min they gaved me another room.We moved to the next room where i sit dirrectly on to the bed, and surprise: the bed broke down (again). I thought this can't be possible. Two beds broken in 1 hour. I called the reception again, and again they changed the room appologizing for the problems. The third room was ok, even tho, the noise from other other rooms was very loud(in our case the children in the next room it seemed to be with us in the room and we couldn't sleep more becouse of that). The top story is next: some young guys were checked in and they were drunk and very dirty and also very violent all the time (i don't understand how the managment agreed to let them in). My girlfriend was comming up to the 4th floor with the elevator,but when she got up one of these guys started to put his hands on her. She screamed and i heard her becouse i had the door from the room opened. I got there and i realized that i will need to fight them, becouse as soon as they saw me they jumped on me. I am not the biggest man on earth but i hit the first one who jumped me and he felled down. The others stopped at that point. I took my girlfriend and i got in to the room. To finish the story, when you see young people dirty, full of scars, drunk and violent you don't let them in. Is the worst time i had in a hotel since i remember. I don't recomend to anyone to stay there , unless they know how to fight(i am not joking).

The staff is very good.

• Special Offer Beauty Express - Double Room

For an expensive 4* hotel rooms are basic, bathrooms needs some maintenance. Bed lit and power plug where right above my head, very uncomfortable if you put your mobile to charge. On the walking area (beach side) there is a restaurant at the ground floor of the hotel that plays loud music even at 2 AM. If you call the reception (although such situation shouldn't exist), they say that is not their restaurant (?!). Not having proper rest in 4* hotel is not acceptable for me

Location is ok, centrally situated in Mamaia, 3 Km away from North area where clubs and parties are. View to the sea is nice, if you have room on beach side. Nice terrace for taking breakfast or eating outside.

The food in the restaurant was ok but didn't really measure up to a 4 star establishment. I did visit in the off season and the restaurant didn't have many customers for the evening meal. The staff was however diligent, polite and professional.

The reception, bar and restaurant staff were all great. Kudos go out to the bar and bartenders. Great drinks and conversation. Made my stay real pleasant.

• Double Room with Sea View

In my opinion the swimming pool is to small.

The location of the hotel is great, for this period of the year( april) the weather was not so gut, but the atmosphere was wonderful. The bed is cozy, the sheets are fluffy. The comic part has been with buttons for lights. Was hard to hit on the correct light.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Suite with Sea View

The hotel is a bit old, although renovated. Also the furniture has started to age.

Very nice and helpful staff. Probably one of the best hotel staff teams I've encountered in my trips. Very good and varied breakfasts. Has its own restaurant (again excellent staff). Spacious rooms. Close to the beach. My toddler was very happy during the stay.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

breakfast sucks. not even close to a 4**** hotel. TV set in the room was placed in a corner where it was very hard to access. this hotel is pretty old. does not have the standards of a 4**** hotel any more. staff was transporting couches with the guest elevators. wouldn't visit IAKI any more. bad bad choice.

the paintings on the coridors

• Double Room with Sea View

While the price was excellent for this time of the year, still I find the price for the summer season too high (it's cheaper on similar Black Sea or Mediterranean Sea in similar facilities, including the flight costs).

Excellent value for money, excellent conditions.

Excellent location with view on the beach distant just a few steps. Lovely view from terrace on the dawn! Wide, tidy, very comfortable room. Excelelnt breakfast room and food

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Bad value for money. It is not 4 star worthy. Everything feels very cheap. I've been to 3 star hotels that felt more luxurious. Don't get me wrong, I'm not for all that luxury, but when you charge ~$500 a night in the Summer time, you are expected to deliver. Seems like all of Mamaia is going down the drain. I strongly recommend looking up Venus for corporate retreats, and if you need to be in Mamaia try one of the smaller hotels on the beach.

The staff is exemplary.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

broken light bulp at bed, tear and wear of furniture, broken air conditioning control device, extremly overheated room and all premisis

free upgrade to superior room; excellent price at low season makes shortcomings acceptable

Excelent frontdesk, very friendly. We got a free upgrade from a double room to a superior suite, which was great. We had some questions for different persons from the hotel staff, all of them acting very professional. Also the room was confortable and clean. We will go back for sure. In my opinion it is the best hotel in Mamaia - and I have visited quite a few.

• Suite without balcony

The hotel i think that is not a 4 star, maybe a 3+ star because it has to go thru some redecoration in the rooms and common areas (carpets, furniture etc.) When I made the reservation, I understood that the SPA was included in the price of the room but we had to pay for it... We took the diner at the hotel restaurant and we did not wow for what felt be available for 4 star. In conclusion the price is very big in comparison with the services.

From my point of view the hotel is nice, the view from the room at the sea was very beautiful and the staff was welcoming. The SPA center was small but it was also nice.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

asked for one bed and i was in a tween room . internet was not working for the last 2 days and was not repaired despite informed the (polite) lady at reception . spa should be more on the spirit of chill out and not work a bit like a gym (with kids etc)

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

Charged for full day by using the pool for one hour, in the evening. Not even allowed to enter the next day ("24h").

We've got a room upgrade.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

• Special Offer - SPA Romantic - Double Room with Sea View

Breakfast could have been better for this money, the beds and umbrellas at the private beach are quite run down, you cannot use the fridge in the room because it is dedicated only for the minibar and if you do use it for your own products and take out the minibar drinks, they threaten to fine you... or at least that's what the sign says... Absurd. Plus the air conditioning is very noisy. But all in all, it was a good stay, probably way better than anywhere else.

Awesome location, pool, spa, private beach, polite and helpful staff. The hotel really does have everything you need! Plus you can park free of charge in front of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Honestly it was an extremely poor experience and a big disappointment. After long flying hours to Mamaia, there was no welcome from the hotel, no one came to pick up my heavy suitcases and the check in counter was sticky for some reason. The bathtub wasn’t draining water, towels had oily smell, the bed light wasn’t operating, and bed middle lamp was broken. I believe this is enough reasons not to come back again.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Double Room - Voyage D'Harmonie

Service can be slow but if your not in a hurry and are a bit more chilled and laid back then like me, you will love it.

Friendly staff. Clean and tidy rooms. Good selection of breakfast buffet. Great swimming pools. Ideal for getting to the beach. This place is a great value hotel.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

The attitude of Mirela, the receptionist was rude. At check-out, when I wanted to get some clarification regarding the accomodation invoice she was telling me that there are too many people waiting in cue for check- out and is inconvinient to waist time to finnish the discussion with me. She realy had no reason to treat me like that and I felt dissapointed as she destroyed the good attitude other hotel staff had.

Great view, comfortable bed, nice balcony.

• Superior Family Double Room

- Wlan connection in room is way too bad for a four star hotel = no-go - broken lamp on balcony - room was not cleaned well (found some sunflower seeds from the guys before) - the joints in the bath have mold

- very friendly staff - big + is underground parking incl. driver - very wide range of food for breakfast and lunch (every day something other!) - private beach incl. free deck chairs

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Price is high unless you book early in the year or you hunt a deal. The view in some rooms is not so great. Ask for sea view or lake view.

Great place to go with children. Food is excellent and staff is helpful. Close to the beach and the shops.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

The hotel seems a bit outdated, I thing the carpet and some of the bathroom appliances should be replaced. Also, the bathroom is small, but that is probably because the hotel was built some 80 years ago. The parking is very crowded, and, although there is a valet, it may be confusing upon the arrival. The rooms are not very well isolated, you may hear pretty well your neighbors and some of the noisier outside activities. The lift, although it is thought to give a perspective over the beach, is too slow and very hot. The hotel is quite expensive, if you don't book with booking; the reception fares go up to 800 Euros per night for a suite.

Iaki is beautifully located along the beach in Mamaia with quick and direct access to the sun beds area. The food is quite tasty, although it lacks a bit in variety - if you're not necessarily keen on meat. The staff members are rather young and helpful, although the reception was a bit crowded and slow Sunday at noon, as many guests were leaving the hotel. I didn't try the pool and the spa as the trip was rather short. We booked a sea view suite which has a beautiful, large terrace. The rooms themselves aren't big, but enough for a couple of two travelers. The bed is comfortable, although the pillows are too fluffy. A rather small bathroom with a bit outdated water faucets. The view over the beach and the sea is great. Be careful not to book a parking-facing room, as they may be noisier and there may be an unpleasant smell outside. I didn't know that booking with booking.com included lunch in addition to breakfast, but it was a good surprise.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Special Offer - Double Room - Purify your Body

Unhelpfull Stuff. Elevator is old and works slowely. Private Beach from Iaki is really dirty. Wifi just works sometimes. Room really small with old stuff in it It isnt worth for that price.

Located really good.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

room small, music loud starting 6am beach side ameneties bellow par.. broken tiles on the terrace walkway, hazardous, unsafe.

the indoor pool and spa Cleanliness