Reviews of Hotel Impero 3 stars

B-Dul Decebal, No 69, 410219 Oradea, Romania

#19 of 26 hotels in Oradea

Ok-ish

I really didn't like that we had only one outlet in a triple room, which is insufficient for three people to charge their phones, besides other electronics. The carpet in the room was dirty. The pillows had a funny smell, although the sheets were clean.

The hotel was OK, considering that we only stayed for one night.

Poor, dirty, outdated hotel!

Noisy. The walls are without isolation so we listened our neighbors all the night. When we were living the hotel, the lady on the reception even didn't say "Hello", "How was your stay"or "Good bay". She just took the money and the key and didn't care at all.

This is a poor dirty hotel. Even the sheets on my bed were dirty. I could not recommend it to other people.

It was a good stay overall.

I would have liked if the windows had nets so that mosquitoes wouldn't enter the room at night (I have red spots on my legs, arms and face because of mosquito bites). Also, I stayed 3 nights and had only 2 shower gel samples. It would have been nice if the staff was more attentive regarding this. Nevertheless, I used the hand liquid soap near the sink. Thank you!

I liked the variety of the breakfast, but towards the end of breakfast time (at 9am or 10am during weekends) there were less and less choices. The staff at the breakfast room was nice. I liked the furniture, paintings and cleanliness.

One of the worst experience in a hotel

As soon as i arrived it started completely unprofessional and bad. It was around 5-6 am , the receptionist was sleeping on the sofa next to the reception desk. The check in procedure was really fast and lame as in she was really really sleeppy. The next day i asked for toilet roll and i went personally at the desk asking for it , they promissed it but never arrived. I have also asked for an extra key for the room , and i have been told that i have to bring it back as soon as i oppened the door (i suposed that they have only one key for each apartment). After all this we wanted to watch a movie on laptop. Well this is impossible because they have 2 plugs in the whole aprtment (one for the tv , and one next to the main door) . Far away from the bed so it’s impossible to connect the charger. The bathroom has a massive drain smell in it , and the bottom of the shower is extra dirty (used) . We stayed for 2 nights , dont expect any cleaning service , they never arrive. Check out experience: we have never been asked “how was your stay , you enjoied it , everything was good?” Nothing ! The only thing what the receptionist asked us it was if we consumed anything from the fridge in the apartemnt , all they care in the end is money 0 costumer service .

Definitely worth the $69.00 especially since it was three of us and it did include the breakfast.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The stuff could of been better; while the breakfast was generous and offered a broad menu it didn't have "real" orange juice. What they had was orange soda but I noticed that is somewhat common in Europe as real orange juice is more expensive. Had dinner at the hotel's restaurant. The menu was only in Romanian. The waitress spoke no english so they called upon the cook to help out explaining the menu options. The restaurant also did not offer "mititei" a national dish consisting of sausage like meat somewhat like meat loaf but unique to Romania. This was a big surprise as I expected to have it again! The main room was rented for a wedding so we eat outside on the shaded terrace but it was not a problem!

The hotel was built about 10 years ago. It is located next to the city's Zoo. It was clean and generally helpful staff. Plenty of parking next door in the hotel's parking lot (at no charge which was refreshing). Reception staff helpful and spoke some english.

Never again

There was a room phone......did not work,we reported the problem the first day when a friend try to reach us....after 9 days staying in the hotel it never was fix.....No chairs or small table in the room.....eventually we managed to get a small round table and a chair. We stay for 9 days !!!!there was a refrigerator in the room ...never got cooler than the room temperature!!!no electrical connections by the bed...others were hard to get to them

Room was good size,a/c work, good location outside city center . Basically we will not stay there again

Overall quite a nice stay. I would recommend to friends.

The food in the restaurant was quite good but unfortunately they didn't have all the menu items available (e.g. no New York Cheesecake, no beef menu items) BUT the Hunter's sauce on the pork cutlet was phenomenal.

The room was great, I especially liked the smoking terrace (even though I don't smoke) and the breakfast was quite varied.

Very good

This time (we have been staying there for 5 times) the bathroom had condensation on the cealing.

The hotel is clean, has huge and comfy beds and no noise is coming from the road. The breakfast is fresh, with local products and with a lot of variety.

Great breakfast spread, great location, comfortable beds and...
    • Family Room

Staff didn’t seem particularly customer oriented and you need to bring your earplugs if you’re there over the week-end, as there are events downstairs and the music is quite loud

Great breakfast spread, great location, comfortable beds and clean room

Imperio always good

best place for business travelers in Oradea. Best price-quality/comfort ratio. Friendly and helpful staff. I had no problems whatsoever @ this hotel. I Will always recommend this hotel. Keep on rock’n Imperio!

Terrible service in restaurant.

Terrible service in restaurant. It is more self-service. Even if the restaurant was totally empty no-one cared about us. Terrace without any service. Meal disguisting.

The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance...

The bathroom had dampness marks on the ceiling and the shower cabin was rather small.

The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance from the city center. Our room was very large. The buffet breakfast featured a large variety of foods.

Room is extraordinary large.

Pillows are too soft, TV is too small for the room size.

Room is extraordinary large. You could fit 4 beds inside. Hotel has own parking and is located reasonably close to city center.

clean, good breakfast with variety of choices, friendly...

zoo nearby might be disturbing during the night in some rooms (our was fine as it was on the other side), air conditioning was not powerful and the room was warm when we arrived (it was very hot day and sun was shining whole afternoon, would be better to leave the curtains closed), although we booked it for 2 people only one smaller blanket and one towel were provided - we had to ask for extra towel

clean, good breakfast with variety of choices, friendly staff ready to solve all possible issues, close to the center of the town and to the airport, in case you need a parking lot is offered next to the hotel

Pleasant stay in the hotel Impero...everything was perfect. Thanks again.

Everything was perfect for me.

Everyone was really friendly. Good breakfast...I loved it. As I did a city trip I just spent the time there in the morning and evening. The room was big. Everything was very fine. Thanks again.

The breakfast was delicious.

At the room were only two connectors. I think two connectors are few for 2 or 3 persons.

The breakfast was delicious. There were cold and warm meals too.

Impero name matches the interior

The chouch în the living room. THE bathroom needs masive upgrade.

The lady at reception was very nice and helpfull. The restaurant is nice and we had a good soup.

There is a big free parking lot and it is easy to reach from...

The rooms are a little bit old and do have very small blankets.

There is a big free parking lot and it is easy to reach from the airport. The personnel at the restaurant were very kind.

The breakfast was very delicious, wide variety of choices.

The mini bar was barely working, everything was warm. From the nearby zoo, the peacock was heard all night long.

The breakfast was very delicious, wide variety of choices. The restaurant is great, serves great food. Free parking is offered with the accommodation.

Not worth my money

We first got a room that was obviously a previous smoking-room. After I found out that also the curtain was missing, I went to the reception to share my story. The woman looked surprised, but I cannot imagine no-one ever told her the room smelled of smoke. They moved us to another room, but then I'm sorry for the guest that was getting the room before... And the room was also really hot, both of them. And the carpets they had weird stains in it, not coming back here.

The breakfast was okay! A lot of choices, would be good if they had fresh orange juice, or semi-fresh... And some labels on the different things so you don't have to open everything to find your bacon, which is of course in the last box!

The location and breakfast is good.

There is no cattle in the room for drinkimg some hot things. Everybody help us about this. But the woman at the restaurant was very rude to us at the last day on hotel!!

The location and breakfast is good.

A very comfortable bed!

A musty smell in the room (as if someone used to smoke there) and I couldn't adjust the temperature in the room. For me it was too cold so I took another blanket.

A very comfortable bed!

Smart hotel perfect for short stay.

Could do with lamps in bedroom. Worth noting if travelling with young children, there were no small child crib beds so kids topped and tailed in a triple.

Good location, close to centre of town. Perfect for a short stopover in Oradea. The airport is only 10 minutes by taxi at 11lei (£2).

For one night stay OK!

Bed far from comfy - simple room - nothing special. When you take room rate in account, you can't expect more!

Restaurant service for dinner AND for breakfast very friendly.

Good value for money

few powerpoints in the room/only one restaurant and no shops around/no tea/coffee facilities in the room

About 15 min walk to city center (dont walk alone at night tho), close to Zoo and military museum (walking distance)/ Good value for money/ Spacy rooms and clean/ Friendly cleaners

Don’t want to go back again! There are better solutions for that money!

Cleanliness in the room could be better as well as the odors in the bathroom (like in a public toilet). A cockroach found in the bathroom completed the picture...

Lobby and reception was nice!

Freezing

It was freezing over the night . The heating didn't work properly . If you want to stay there over the night in cold season yon need a portable heater .

Big room and clean

Really good accomodation at a fairly reasonable price.

The breakfast was abundant, the room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff was nice and polite, they speak English well. Parking was safe, the hotel is relatively close to the city centre.

I would definitely look for something else.

We had to ask for our room to be changed because the smell of cigarettes inside the first room was appalling! When I went to the receptionist she just chucked 3 sets of keys on the desk and with a disgusting attitude told me to chose whatever I want and that the smell is not her problem. Very poor customer service.

Overall nice and clean hotel, but poor breakfast experience.

Old bread for breakfast. Because of that we all didn’t really enjoy the breakfast. When we asked for fresh bread, the staff told us to put the old bread in toaster. Staff at reception not always friendly and professional.

Clean and quite spacious rooms. Good location.

Horror

In the weekend was a wedding and was very loud the gipsy music from the restaurant until 3 o'clock in the morning. In the week, in the night was loud from the terasse under our window. I asked in the reservation for a non smoking room and I received a smoking room. Was changed, but tge new room was also with an ugly smell of old room and not clean. The walls are not renovated since looong time. The head of the bed looks like after the war. The bathroom horror, with flowing from the upper floor and the shower cabine is very old and ugly. The buffet breakfast is not wonderful. It's a tipical comunist hotel from Ceausescu time, renovated loong time ago and only a little bit. I will never come here again and also not my friends. And in the front of the hotel is a gas station!!! so, very dangerous. Parking places: one is ok on the asphalt, but too small. And another one, big but full of small stones, so no asphalt, and also full of many metal parts that can damage your tires.

Looked beeter in the pictures when I made the reservation.

Good place to stay if you trevel by car

1. Gas station in front of the hotel. It may smell. On the other side it's convenient if you travel by car and need fuel :) 2. One of the guests licked a spoon for jam and put it back - ouch! I changed my mind about eating jam in this hotel :D

1. Comfortable rooms 2. Big private hotel parking across the street, which is free for hotel guests. 3. Pretty good location, about 15 minutes walking to the restaurants and night life 4. Friendly lady on reception. We've got bad smell in the bathroom in one of our 3 rooms. The receptionist gave us the key from another room as soon as we told her about our problem. 5. Breakfast was ok, good choice of food.

The best hotel for the best money!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

We stood over night in this wonderful hotel after more than 16 hours of driving. It was very easy to be registered in the hotel and to take the room. It was a very comfortable family room, with TV and WiFi with a vert good coverage. The breakfast was very delicious with a big variety of food for everyone, even for those who are on diet. :) We decided to stop over night everytime when we will travel trough Romania. Very good hotel at very good price! Strongly recommend! Do no hesitate!

Good breakfast and location.

Good breakfast and location. Guarded parking over night. Hotel and restaurant is looking excellent in terms of exterior materials and design, but not so great in the inside of the rooms and bathroom. Some things look old, like the shower cabin, which for sure requires soon a replacement.

My second stay in this hotel.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

My second stay in this hotel. Pretty high standard for a very decent price. Clean room, comfortable bed, nice staff, good breakfast, on site parking lot, a short walk from the beautiful city center. Absolutely nothing to complain about.

It's near to the city, without the expected services

No pool and spa, only gym, but the price is the same. Our room window was white because of the view. The room was beside the zoo, all the night we heard the cracking of the peacocks.

Very big, modern room. Decent breakfast.

Good price for what you get

Breakfast should be improved. Rooms are clean and well maintained but the furniture and bathroom are a bit old. After 21.30 we could not order anything to eat at the terrace

Clean rooms. Nice personnel. Easy accessible. Good location. Private parking. Good price. Lovely new built terrace where you can eat, drink or enjoy a cup of coffee.

Breakfasts was good.

There was only one, not so big blanket on double bed.

Breakfasts was good. Hotel near by Zoo, which was plus to us, as we were planning to visit Zoo. Nice place.

DISAPPOINTED

No hairdryer in room, initially. Air conditioning didn't work, initially. Window didn't close properly. Service at the bar poor on the first night, only sells wine by the bottle so I went elsewhere

comfortable bed.

Definitely worth the price, I would recommend this place

Be prepared that wedding parties are held in the building at weekends so forget about going to bed early if your room looks over the party-place :-) But that's that, one has to cope with it - and they shut down the music at about midnight and then all goes silent so it's not that bad after all.

The room was spacious, comfortably furnished and everything was absolutely clean; staff was very kind and helpful; they have a large parking lot; strong Wifi (except for a short time of outage during our stay but upon complaint, they've fixed it within 10 mins). The property is on the edge of a park so if you head towards the historical city center (takes max. 10 mins on foot), you start your day with a nice walk under beautiful trees. Strangely, a small fuel station operates just a couple of meters across the main entrance of the hotel but it's not really busy and the rooms are located so that does not bother at all (and at least you can buy there a "goodnight" drink and snacks there if you get back late since the hotel bar closes at 10:00 pm). They have a nice, sunny and large terrace overlooking the park and the huge trees of the city zoo next door, excellent place to have your morning coffee while planning your route for the day (+1 more "up" for the coffee machines in the breakfast-room :-)

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Excellent accomodation, very good price/quality ratio, would stay again

Nothing worth mentioning. A short hint to Management: breakfast would be far better without the Finetti paste, switch it with some Nutella-type product and add some hard boiled eggs, really cheap and a lot healthier than fried eggs.

Great breakfast, with enough dishes including fresh veggies and local specialties, really clean room and very attentive staff.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Overall: Not worth it

The bed was horrible. În our bathroom the toilet was leaking and by morning it was a real flood in the bathroom...but they changed our room when we notified them. Breakfast was really poor and by 9:45...10 they started running out of stuff and at 10:30 started taking away juices and coffee and remaining food (in the weekend breakfast is from 8-11) Even if you have a double room with a double bed you only get one big(ish) blanket which is kind of annoying In my opinion the price was way to high compared to what they offer

The hallway was really nice with nice paintings and everything was in a old royal style. Te staff was ok and willing to help

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

A good stay in Oradea

The room we stayed needed to be renovated as it was smelling of tobacco. Former smoking room I presumme

Good breakfast, good bed. Helpful staff. It is a good hotel to stop in Oradea.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Multumesc, next time will get better.

Housekeeping service. At least once per day checking the garbage, towels and the carpet in the room. I had to ask for toilet paper on our third day cos no one enter the room.

Reasonable price.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Good value for a family with kids
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The carpet in the room is not so clean

Parking is close to the hotel and big enough Staff at the reception were so nice and helpful Room (apartment) was warm and spacious The Hotel is near by ZOO, that's very good for a family with kids

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

The kindness of the people working in the hotel, everyone...

The exhaust fan was very noisy at the bathroom, eventually we got a different room. The shower was tiny and not so clean. We didn't know that Otis made an elevator that small. The GPS took us to a different location we had to make two circles around the city to find the hotel. Don't dare to try the fried bacon at breakfast, the bio suc was excellent!

The kindness of the people working in the hotel, everyone was nice The outdoor terrace on the first floor

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Nice Hotel in Oradea

The restaurant is normally very good but many menu items were not available, as supplies had not been delivered on that day.

Neat and clean hotel in a central location next to the zoo. Good parking.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Very spacious room, 80s decoration and furniture.

Not modern furniture/equipment, old design. AC unit was not working. At night you can hear the lion from the nearby zoo. Very bad coffee at breakfast.

Very spacious room, has a small office great if you want to work on a laptop (can also use the coffee table). Good and varied food options for breakfast.

Some of the staff .

Some of the staff .We had a one of my daughters earrings go missing and were swapped for another earring .When I told the management they did not believe me and I felt that I was a liar

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

I did not like the Internet connection, it runs really slow.

I did not like the Internet connection, it runs really slow. It took me few hours to connect, but every 10mins or so Im losing connection, either on my phone or my laptop. They need to improve their wi-fi, its just not acceptable for this value of money that I paid for a room to not have accesses to Internet.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Clean hotel,near to border .
    • One-Bedroom Suite

One sofa didn't open into a bed as stated on site

Clean hotel,near to border ...good value for money,we had two apartments ..there is staff at reception at any hour of night which is very good for late check in on early check out

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

- very nice breakfast

reception not really helpful with informations... asking for the SPA traitments in Oradea or Baile Felix and only got info about the public baths...

- very nice breakfast - close to city (walk of max.10 minutes) but still very calm. - The restaurant was very very good. we enjoyed some meals there. TOP - Nice and comfortable beds - Gratuit parking

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

Overall quite a good stay !

All products inside minibar , apart from alcohol , outdated, beyond expiry date ! 20% service rate charged at the restaurant without such information presented anywhere / in the menu . Some dishes from the restaurant menu unavailable .

Free private parking right next to the hotel , large modern rooms with a nice seating area , good location !

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Could be better for the price.

If you are travelling for business and you need internet I would think twice as the internet is not working or very limited connection. More over, I've booked two double rooms and clearly completed that there will be two people in each room but there were towels only for one person in each room. If you ask you will get extra towels but when you know the number of guests I think your rooms should be prepared.

Location. Close to what we needed and close to the city centre.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

Bad because of a wedding

there was a wedding that night and i couldn't sleep even if at third floor. i can only imagine how it could have been at 1st floor for example

big room, ok parking, good value for money

Good choice for 1 night

All

The rise

The rise Very testy

Good value for money.

Good value for money. 15 minutes walk to the center.

Great place , will come back again for sure

Evreything was just perfect

All was great.

No issues whatsoever.

All was great. Wonderful hotel.

The room was big and everything was clean.

The room was big and everything was clean. The hotel is right next to the Zoo and is very close to the city center and Muzeul Tarii Crisurilor.

Friendly staff and good breakfast.
    • Family Room

The rooms need some refurbishing.

Friendly staff and good breakfast. Next to Oradea Zoo and close to the city center.

Very nice and clean

Very nice and clean

Big room, location

Air conditioning, bathroom, rain falling into room through closed windows

Big room, location

Rooms are big and bathroom also

Attitude of the staff

Rooms are big and bathroom also

Reasonable for the money

Room was quite noisy from the Zoo

Reasonable for the money

Position

Position

Well spent money.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Good breakfast, spacious apartment.

One day in Oradea

Nice hotel in the city center. Next to the gas sation and zoo - but that's no problem. Clean rooms, tasty breakfast.

Friendly staff, but facility requires a lot of improvements
    • Family Room

Worn out furniture. Breakfast substandard, even no knives.

Requires remodelling asap

Great!

Clean!

Bathroom

Bathroom

Easy access and large rooms
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Bed wasn’t too comfortable and the room was very warm as AC not powerful

Easy access and large rooms