Reviews of JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel 5 stars

Calea 13 Septembrie 90, Sector 5, 050726 Bucharest, Romania

#34 of 220 hotels in Bucharest

Disappointing for a 5 stars hotel and such a high price.
    • Deluxe Room

The bathtub was dirty, two yellow lines were visible on the side from previous clients. Unacceptable! A single bath robe and only one pair of slippers for a double room. It was a bad joke. I asked for an invoice. It's been 14 days and i'm still waiting...

Spacious room, position.

Airy, modern and friendly, with fabulous restaurants.
    • Deluxe Room

I liked it all, as I like large hotels, if you go for boutique, this isn't one.

beautiful building (even though it dates back to a dark era), in the centre, very friendly staff, lovely garden restaurant with excellent food and wine (the second rose on the list!)

I don't think that it was too hard to find JW Marriott...
    • Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

I don't think that it was too hard to find JW Marriott membership number for customer. When I asked a gentleman on reception for it, he told me that it is not available to find it. Was it because of technical issue or he didn't want to do? He didn't explain why. However, another receptionist could find it for me.

Staff tried to charge me in advance 50 Euros for the mini...
    • Grand Room

Staff tried to charge me in advance 50 Euros for the mini bar that I hadn't even seen at that point. The internet access is only accessible at ground and first floor for free, but you have to pay for it in an executive suite? It doesn't make any sense in a allegedly 5-star hotel. The design and comfort of the hotel are beautiful and appealing for the eye, but the concierge service provided us with false information for a visit we asked them to book for us, telling us its price was more than it actually was (luckily we double checked online the prices)

I had to wait 30 minutes at check-in because they didn’t...
    • Deluxe Double Room

I had to wait 30 minutes at check-in because they didn’t find my reservation in their system. Something to compensate for that would have been nice, it was not the case.

Stay for the room that's about it
    • Grand Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

Breakfast served at the executive lounge is very poor with zero choice and does not meet the brand JW Marriott at all. Staff experience is mixed. Evening staff is nice but morning staff no body was there just one girl to take care. Breakfast was poorly managed with basic thing like bread missing for 30 mins. On the Front desk one mister TRUMAN was not exactly hospitality style polite rather aggressive to show his point of view.

Rooms are nice. Hotel has a shopping arcade which is good. Staff at the entrance of the hotel is excellent and helpful

Marriott Bucharest has to regain its fifth star as I think it operates as a four stars hotel
    • Grand Room

I stayed many times in the past in this hotel but what i saw this time was something very different: 1. The reception personel was not as friendly as it used to be 2. The hotel was not so clean as it was in the past 3. It is very obvious that the hotel is dominated by two nationalities 4. Do not know if the casino is closely related but no relation to the Casino of the past, especially for its friendlyness. Again you feal you are in another country

For the first night we had access to the executive lounge...
    • Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

Food and drinks were expensive in the hotel restaurants compared to those in the city.

For the first night we had access to the executive lounge which was great!

Good location, nice building, great staff
    • Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

For this top class of hotel, the following should definitely be corrected or it will not give the clients the ultimate exclusiveness feeling fir what they paid for: 1) Hotel doesn’t have private parking. There is another company operating the parking lot behind the hotel. As guest you have to pay with banknotes for the parking ticket. The machine isn’t accepting banknotes very easily, so if you’re in a rush or frequently leaving by car, this will certainly give you a headache! This is not what you expect at a top 5 star hotel. 2)executive lounge room or higher grants you access to the executive lounge breakfast and other services. The executive lounge breakfast however is not very special. I’ve been in many 5 star hotels, this is the bare minimum I found in terms of the variety of the buffet. No cup cakes or such, only the essentials. 3) bathroom has marble flooring but tiles are simple ( doesn’t match) 4) doors of the room are in 70’s style of light colored wood. Doesn’t match the furniture. Also the doors are very worn out.

The executive lounge room or higher is the better option at this hotel to have the exclusiveness you’d expect. The entrance of the hotel and the lobby are majestic. Staff at the reception and the cleaners are very friendly and polite. Cleanness is also at the highest level.

Gorgeous building with friendly staff and quality food. large rooms that need to be better maintaine
    • Deluxe Double Room

Poor quality pillows, cheap toilet paper, dirty windows spoiling a fantastic view

Pleasant staff, who all spoke great english. From the concierge to the maids

Misscomunication between Booking and Marriot
    • Deluxe Double Room

The room was small and they had 2 standards: renovated or not. We needed to negociate for a renovated room.... akward and innapropriate. We needed to negociate for free wifi. Pfff. Not a 5 stars treatment.

I ve booked here and the offer was with parking and wifi included. We needed to negociate at reception for free wifi, but no parking. We also mentioned honeymoon. Not even an welcome, or something. Either Booking or the Hotel werent serious abt our reservation.

Very satisfied!
    • Grand Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

Great space! The room looks exactly the same as advertised and its very comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful as well. Requests from room service were also answered promptly. The wifi is chargeable, though that isn't a big issue if you have purchased the sim card which offers 50 to 60 GB data plan. Would definitely pick this place again for my next visit. Thanks!

On my first day they forgot to do the room cleaning.
    • Grand Room

On my first day they forgot to do the room cleaning. We arrived at the hotel around 5 o’clock in the morning and they didn’t clean the room that day. Pretty bad for a 5 stars hotel.

The location is very nice.
    • Grand Room

Everything was good before i came to my room. On the 3rd floor in floor was before rooms dirty dishes and trash from fruits. So and that was there from 3PM till 7AM next day, and the carpets are very used and dirty!. I dont know what nationality was there accomodate. But if it is another kind of hotel i dont care. But JW Marriot?!

The location is very nice. Behind the Parliement palace.

Hotel with Great architectural potential, horibble stuff
    • Deluxe Double Room

The staff, not friendly nor welcoming, the lack of facilities. There was nothing much to do. The pool was very small, was overcrowded.

The architecture of the building, the room furniture

The best in all meanings, specially staff in particular...
    • Grand Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

As executive room we cant access usual breakfast area, only executive lounge is allowed.

The best in all meanings, specially staff in particular reception people, a person name "Serban" that will make your stay the most comfortable ever.

Excellent staff worthy of a 5 star hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Hotel guests are extremely uncivilized. It definitely not feel like a 5 star hotel given the bad manners of all the people hanging around in front of the hotel entrance, in the lobby and on the terrace. It felt like the hotel was full of "cocalari" (rednecks). Flashy Lamborghinis and Rolls-Royces parked almost touching the hotel revolving door. People smoking and rudely blocking the entry. Felt more like the entrance in a strip club than a hotel. Disturbing. Same experience I had last time I visited JW Marriott Bucharest. And this is indeed the last time, I will choose another hotel next time in Bucharest.

Excellent staff worthy of a 5 star hotel. Spacious rooms. Clean.

Clean and location of the hotel is very close to the...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Wifi is not free at guest rooms. Free only at lobby. Parking is a problem in front of the hotel.

Clean and location of the hotel is very close to the parliament.

the best hotel in Bukarest.

breakfast and spa

the best hotel in Bukarest. everything very good - just the breakfast did not meet my expectations. and the spa is not that clean as it should be in a 5 star hotel. all in all a 9/10.

A good choice

1 little bottle of water from minibar 6 Euros! Bathrooms need renovation

Great Reception Hall Great Lobby Famous Brand Stores inside the hotel Casino Good Restaurant options inside the hotel

We could find better value for the money we paid for this hotel.
    • Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

Breakfast very poor for 5* hotel (they even do not know to make egg right). bathroom not cleaned. When we booked the room I asked for few things, when we arrive they said they do not know about hem even after I showed them their respond for the email. Bad location you need Taxi all the time.

Nice Hotel

The hotel has blocked my bank account with the same amount...
    • Grand Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

The hotel has blocked my bank account with the same amount that I`ve already paid at the check out, and when I called them, they told me that this amount will be hold for 30 days...Unacceptable to not be able to use my own money for a month, even if I`ve already paid at reception desk!

To be honest there was a problem at check in which was at...
    • Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

To be honest there was a problem at check in which was at night , but a place in my eyes is measured on how ut handles such mishaps and the manager was simply great abd fixed things without any hesitations , without trying to throw the blame , just fixed it. So there is nothing to say other than thank you

Brand new, clean, friendly and a value for the money...with a view.

Not anything.

The place was brand new and tastefully decorated with a great view of the town. The room was spacious and clean, and the bed was great. The hostess was very friendly and cheerful, which was welcomed after a long day of travel. Now it was a bit away from the beach, which didn't matter to us much since we were there in February on business, but I could see how that may be a consideration for summertime vacationers. Other than that one little thing, the place was perfect.

Very disappointed
    • Grand Room

I’ve stayed in room 240 and from the first moment I’ve entered in the room I‘ve noticed wasn’t a tidy room. The sofas had lots of dirty marks on and the bedding was very smelly also on the back of the bedside cabinets never been hoovered and was left lots of waist from previous clients. I have photos to prove that too. The bathroom too was dirty and water was running out of the shower. The worst was that on my second day I’ve been out for work all day long and when I’ve comeback at 10pm my room was never cleaned towels never changed but yet one of the housekeeping left 2 chocolate for me and never bothered to clean my room. Ive asked the reception if this is normal and they offer me 30% discount on my food bill. I really didn’t need that as I only wanted my stay at the hotel to be comfortable. Very very disappointed! I’ve used Marriott Hotel for many years but this time was the worst. I will never stay at that hotel again.

I only like the restaurant

Nice hotel in general but if you get an interconnecting room (and don't want it) ASK TO BE CHANGED!
    • Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

The thickness of the interconnecting door and soundproofing. I could hear everything in the next room and had to make a complaint one night at 2am. I slept very badly due to the noise interruptions.

The Hotel staff were lovely, friendly, helpful. The Executive Lounge access was well worth the extra money. Marriott Rewards membership gets you free wifi internet access in the room.

Great overall, upset about the poor being closed, however overall impressed.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The paid WIFI, I think many who travel for work, who need the internet would be a bit more delighted if WIFI was free.

I loved the cleanliness of the facility. Housekeeping was very friendly, and most of the concierge were friendly and helpful.

I’m very happy with the hotel, staff, restaurants. 1st class all the way.
    • Deluxe Double Room

There’s no airport shuttle. Probably due to the distance from the airport. Cabs are lined up at the entrance door of the hotel and also the airport.

This Hotel is a true 5 Star + Hotel. I have stayed here in the pass and will continue to stay here in the future.

city break
    • Grand Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

LOW staff numbers. Is seen in the quality of services: low room cleaning (below 4 stars), long waiting time at the reception.

great room and breakfast, position

Not only enjoyed the accomodation very much, but had also a very nice, comfortable meeting.
    • Deluxe Double Room

in the room, it took ages to get hot water. Not sure if it is a hotel problem or local supply. Anyway, not a big issue.

Absolutely first class. Elegant, stylish, THIS is the place to be.

I stayed on the executive room with an access to the...
    • Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

Rooms need some serious renovation - commons spaces are much nicer than rooms themselves.

I stayed on the executive room with an access to the executive lounge on the 8th floor. Unfortunately drinks are EXTREMELY limited, with the exception of wines etc. Breakfast was ok.

Good place to end up in 2017
    • Deluxe Double Room

Hotel is slightly away from the old town and the shopping areas behind the people’s palace so needs to be reached by taxi from most places in Bucharest

Good quality hotel in Bucharest. Stayed on NYE and attended one of 5 gala dinners in the hotel. Dinner was in the JW steakhouse as was brunch on New Years Day and both were excellent.

EXCELLENT. HAD A GREAT TIME!
    • Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

Perhaps the programme for NYE was rather dull and I feel the value for money of the ticket does not match the service received. Wouldn't repeat for sure.

The staff were extremely professional and they made the difference. The hotel had all the requirements to be a truly five star experience. Would most definitely only stay at this hotel whenever visiting Bucharest again.

Beautiful hotel with great staff and facilities
    • Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

The hotel is a bit far from tourist areas but still walkable.

Wonderful stay from start to finish. Attentive staff, great facilities and the executive lounge with food and drinks was an extra treat.

Business trip but added a few days for leisure. Really enjoyed our stay at this lovely hotel
    • Grand Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

Mix up with spa appointment

Beautiful hotel. Very attentive staff. Within easy walking distance of the beautiful Peoples' Parliament building and short taxi journey into main city centre

Excellent place, if only...
    • Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

Spa/pool use is not included in the price. Check-in and check-out take a while. There was no hot water in the room (luke warm only, both in the evening and in the morning) and the temperature could not be controlled (it was too cool for our liking, despite the A/C seemingly working).

Excellent hotel, albeit a little pricey. The executive lounge option is a must and a wonderful perk. Excellent shopping opportunities, excellent location, very comfortable and clean rooms and overall state of the hotel.

Simply the best ever, miner accident happen " piece of...
    • Grand Room

Simply the best ever, miner accident happen " piece of glass end up in my feet in toilet", all stuff were very helpful and have done all needed to keep the comfort in high stander.

- If you have things to do in other areas, like Baneasa or...
    • Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

- If you have things to do in other areas, like Baneasa or Herastrau, because of the heavy traffic it might take you some time to get there. Thus, I would recommend this hotel only for those with business around Casa Poporului, otherwise, you'll spend a lot of time in taxi - no free wifi

• Deluxe Double Room

The location of the room, it was a long walk inside the hotel, I had requested In my order to be located near the elevator. Sadly this was disregarded

The hotel is very good over all, and is in high standards

very nice stay with kind personal!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Unfortunately there were a lot of rude guests... they were skipping the line while waiting for the concierge and they behaved really rude to everybody. i have been told its a very popular hotel for guests out of a certain area of the world... admirable how calm and nice the concierge responded to them!

the concierge knew everything about the history and was very helpful to me!

Perfect location, we went by car.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Perfect location, we went by car. The parking is big, room are in good condition, the lounge next to the receprion has nice club hams, coffee and excellent service. Huge shopping options in the hotel lobby....

Beware: you will be charged a completely different price than the one you received on booking.com!!
    • Deluxe Double Room

You get charged a completely different price than the one you received on booking.com. 9% VAT is included in the booking price, however you get charged for it at check-out. Extremely disappointed.

Rooms and steak house

Was nice
    • Deluxe Double Room

Getting taxi from hotel takes time. Room service is not directly contactable. Had to go down to get my order at 1 AM a night.

Rooms very nice and spacious.

Awful for any pet owner!!!!!!!
    • Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

The hotel is not pet friedly you must pay extra 30 euro for your dog and you're not allowed to go anywhere is the hotel with it. Not the lounge, not the restorant, or the coffe area!!! It was so shocking the unpleasant behavior of the personal there, shocked and disgusted from the people there!!!

Comfortable stay with excellent facilities
    • Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

Spa facilities are disappointing, not up to a 5 star standard. Pool is small & basic.

Excellent hotel, comfortable rooms, great choice of restaurants. Top class Casio.

The hotel is huge and typical business-congress hotel that is the most alive between Monday until Fr
    • Deluxe Double Room

Unbelievable but true. If you are not a member of the Marriott Loyalty Club, the hotel will expensively charge you for the internet use. Are we really in 2017?

If you swear on branded hotels and their image means a lot to you, then the JW Marriott Bucharest is the right choice for you and it will not disappoint you.

very nice room, in most cases very friendly staff, good...
    • Grand Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

one of the young concierges was quite 'know it all' type of person, but at the end he reduced his arrogance a little

very nice room, in most cases very friendly staff, good restaurants to eat in, cleanliness

Everything is high stander as i always expect from Marriott...
    • Grand Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

I had an executive suite with breakfast; the only thing that I’m not allowed interring usual breakfast, only executive breakfast in 8th floor, in this case I needed to pay to be with my friends.

Everything is high stander as i always expect from Marriott hotels.

Not worth the money
    • Deluxe Double Room

You feel the whole place is geared to getting as much money out of you as possible. I. E they have free wifi in the lobby but not in the room you have already paid for. This you had to pay for.

It was a very nice hotel though the rooms are very dated.

The room was very clean, the lobby very impressive.
    • Deluxe Double Room

A strange smell in the room. The building is very old, they should restore all the rooms. At this moment, the it is not worth the price

The room was very clean, the lobby very impressive.

Great hotel , great rooms and facilities , but one of the worst service i encountered
    • Deluxe Double Room

They lost an expensive new shirt when i sent laundry , not only they did not find it , but i had to pay for the laundry...., then i forgot a jacket when i checked out and when i asked them to send it to me (of course i will pay for it) they wanted me to pay 300eur although it cost less then 100eur (i got the emails) , and when i asked why all the said is that are taxes involved but i checked and there is no such things . At the end i had to find online car service paid them 20eur to go take the jacket from reception call dhl to come to the lobby and take the parcel , very bad service .

It was clean , nice pool , great gym

Great place for a short trip
    • Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

Very loud and noisy area. Sauna is no pleasure, would not recommend it for leisure use. Only after sporting activities it is an option. Doesn't match the quality of the hotel.

Booked Executive Lounge - was great! Service was great!

Nice hotel but the check-in staff were found to be lacking a certain flexibility in thier approach
    • Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

Check in staff - room was not as expected. Only one bed and we had booked two double beds. They advised us there was nothing they could do and the problem was that we used booking.com who would not be able to guarantee the 2 bed request. They were unable to refund. They did offer a cheeper room but the price would stay the same. When pushed on the point we we advised the only other option was for them to walk us across town and put us in a sister hotel which was 3 star. Again we we advised the rate we paid for the executive room would not be refunded. Advised that this was their policy. Poor customer service experience .

Great hotel and facilities.

This is great hotel to stay.

It was all good

This is great hotel to stay. Recommend booking a room with use of the executive lounge as this means snacks, lunch and the odd glass of wine are all included.

Grand hotel
    • Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

Location right by the famous parliament so you can see their most famous monument though we would have wanted to be more in centre of town where we can walk around and see some little cafes, etc... But if you're not into walking around and just want a nice and comfortable hotel as a base from where to take off and come back to then this is great.

Value for money in this grand luxury hotel. I specifically got an executive room in the executive level for the newly renovated rooms though still not as new as expected but still very good. The executive level has good breakfast and early dinner and you can even have your coffee and chocolate to go as they have coffee shop style cups for that purpose. HUGE Modern and complete gym, sauna and pool. Luxury high end shops in the complex like LV, D&G.

The employee that did the check out was rude to us.
    • Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

The employee that did the check out was rude to us. The daily cleaning of the room is not good, bathroom floor was always dirty and tables surfaces were always dusty. The cist of the rooms were a thousand dirhams more than what we booked on Booking.com

Will think twice to stay here again...
    • Deluxe Double Room

The bathroom drains slow. Hotel Shuttle driver forgot to pick us up from hotel to airport. Driver called me in my room the day before to confirm the shuttle service. On the day of check out, I was told that the driver was waiting for us at the airport. Sounds like the hotel shuttle driver forgot to wake up early. We ended up taking the taxi outside the hotel and manage not to be late for our flight. Poor service.....

A special massage for the concierge
    • Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

The hotel is great, and we enjoyed it very much Was a small issue with front desk about checkout time bot the concierge helped us and promised that he will write a comment on our name that next time we will get free late checkout 😉

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

When I came back home and checked my bank account I noticed...
    • Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

When I came back home and checked my bank account I noticed that Marriott hotel had withdrawn 3 times different amounts of money, upp to around 2 000 euros for a short stay that would cost 500 euros. So I spent half a day calling to the hotel and try to fix a problem that the hotel has caused, without giving any explanation to why this happened. After hours of calling and sending e-mails to the hotel I got an e-mail that I should contact my bank and try to fix the problem. So, I recommend that you check your account while you are staying at the hotel to prevent what I had to go through. I am very dissapointed in this hotel, I can't say I trust them after what they did and the time I had to invest in solving a problem they caused!

Rude service
    • Grand Room

The service guy was rude when I wanted to know why they charge me over WiFi when I specifically told them that I don't want it cause it too expensive. They charge me over the telephone also, and it's OK cause my fault I didn't asked, but regarding the WiFi I asked and when I been told it's cost 15$ per day I decline nicely. The guy at the reception was rude and unpleasant.

Beautiful place

Don't stay here
    • Deluxe Double Room

The location was terrible and the food was too expensive. We asked for a glass of milk and waited 40minutes and cancelled the order. The bed was like sleeping on a log

Excellent stay
    • Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

The breakfast in the Executive Lounge is not as good as in the usual breakfast room even though this was supposed to be an upgrade.

The service from Bogdan on reception was fantastic. We have stayed at the hotel before and he always goes out of his way to help us and make our stay as comfortable as possible.

Attentive staff, Great hotel.
    • Grand Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

The staff were attentive and helpful. Corina, especially, stood out. It is good to see someone so attentive to customer's needs and actually enjoy their career. I thank Marriott for investing into employees like her. As for the room it was great also. We were on the sixth floor in a grand exec room. The room had no flaws and the air conditioning was great. Short walk to the Parliament.

The breckfest in the traklin.
    • Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

Swap to Hebrew The first day I arrived at the hotel the taxi driver stole my bag and the security personnel spoke a language that I did not know and laughed at each other and did not make an effort to look for the driver to tell me the number of a license plate. When I left the hotel the receptionist did not pay attention and he did not smile no nothing. Its to bad because the hotel very exclusive and beautiful bad service and the reception is not very good and the security man does not really help and not really let me know and feel that they really security

The breckfest in the traklin.

good choice
    • Deluxe Double Room

The parking cost us another 50 lei per night - this was a very big surprise as we have selected this propriety also for the parking. With 10 minutes before the breakfast ended the personnel was already were gathering the tables and the food like you have to hurry up.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

The beds are a miracle in all the JW Marriott Hotels I have...
    • Grand Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

The other thing I love when staying in a JW Marriott Hotel is the TV Hotel Channel Loop they have of their hotels around the world - just beautiful and the music is so serene. However, this time, the music was distorted in places. Also the Executive lounge ran out of flat water.

The beds are a miracle in all the JW Marriott Hotels I have ever stayed in.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

The concierge was really nice and helpful.
    • Deluxe Double Room

In spite of the receptionist trainee who helped us with the check-out on sunday morning (she was really nice and helpful) we didn't like the reception service (really slow and basically unfriendly).

The concierge was really nice and helpful.

5star hotel with 4 star service
    • Grand Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

air conditioning was not working properly had to change rooms at 4.45am in the morning the new room the air conditioning worked well but was very tired as it was on the first night the problem occurred the staff did there best to rectify the problem

Comfortable bed large size room

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Worst Jw propert stayed ever!
    • Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

They do not have enough facilities that jw marriot should have such as valet parking or big rooms, they do not have staff who is willing to give their best. Whoever checked me in specifically that person.

Luxury brands boutiques.

Posh place to stay, but fill up your wallet if you want to eat on site.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The location is not convenient if you want to walk to get something to eat in town. I was by myself, but am not cowed by new and strange places. So I walked a few miles to hit a restaurant. Driving in this town is extremely dangerous and crazy. Even in a taxi (which are really cheap) I felt like I was going to either run over pedestrians or flip the vehicle into oncoming traffic. So, walking is the safer bet - but things are too far from this hotel to walk to eat.

Really high end facility that feels safe, comfortable and meets all my needs. I am a marriot members, so I don't pay for their excellent wifi. It is a really big hotel, so it can get a little easy to get lost.

Requested early breakfast for 4am with the Executive Lounge...
    • Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

Requested early breakfast for 4am with the Executive Lounge Staff. While they told me that it was confirmed it did not arrive and and room service had no record of the order.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Grand executive rooms are super nice and spacey for a great...
    • Grand Room

Check in front staff took a while, and calling for luggage assistance from room when leaving I was never able to get through to them

Grand executive rooms are super nice and spacey for a great value

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

It's average, cheeky to charge for internet in room
    • Deluxe Double Room

No internet in bedrooms, had to pay rip off price. Very tight for supposed 5* hotel Couple of staff were not that helpful The swimming pool was crowed as rented out to local people (that's a good thing for locals though)

Some of staff genuinely pleasent and helpful

I stayed in an Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge...
    • Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast

I didn't like that they have booked an extra fee on my card (in case that one uses the mini bar). The staff at the reception said that it will take upp to 6 days to receive the money back if I didn't use the mini bar, which I didn't. Now I have to check my account within a week and see if the hotel have put the money back on my card since I didn't use the mini bar.

I stayed in an Executive Double Room with Executive Lounge Breakfast. The staff at the Lounge was very professional. The food served at 5.30 pm was very good. The breakfast was very good as well (I had breakfast at the 1st level, not in the Lounge), the staff was professional as well. The room was clean. The pool and the jacuzzi were nice as well, the water was warm, we were not freezing.

Excellent hotel with high service level
    • Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast was very expensive. Bed was a little hard, had expected softer bed, but this is a personal taste of course

Outstanding Hotel with very a high Standard. once inside you have the idea to enter a high class Hotel in the US

Browse JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel traveller photo gallery