Reviews of Lary Hostel 3 stars

No 195, Aurel Vlaicu Street, 720019 Suceava, Romania

#14 of 31 hotels in Suceava

Based on 35 hostel reviews

Beautiful experience in Romania.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The location is a bit out of the way for Suceava. It is close to the Suceava Nord train station, however, that station isn't really in use. If you are new to the area, I would recommend going to the main Suceava station and taking a taxi/bus.

My stay here was amazing. The host was so kind. She helped me with everything from booking a tour of the painted monasteries to driving me to the bus station on my last day. She made delicious meals including dinner and breakfast. The room was big and comfortable and the common areas were cozy. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Very friendly host, quiet neighborhood, address easy to find on the map.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The host was extra careful about all my needs and requests. As I didn't have enough cash on me, and since they don't accept credit card payments, the host was super nice to direct me to a nearby bank. It was an easy solution and everything was sorted out nicely.

The worst experience in my life! Wish I never stayed there!
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The hostel is 2.7 km from the nearest bus stop. Walking these 2.7 km is very dangerous as there is no side walk, the road is narrow and there are no side walks. The woman who owns this hostel offers you meals as if she is inviting you but in the end charges you a fortune, Leu 35 for a simple plate of dinner and Leu 25 for 2 eggs and 4 pieces of bread for breakfast. I gave her 3 kg of clothes to wash and she said she would charge me Leu 15 but in my bill she charged me the double .

This was the worst experience I have ever had at the over 500 hotels and hostels I have stayed at in the 146 countries I have visited so far!

The perfect Place.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

I arived at the hostel by taxi, and as the hostel i some km from the city cernterr, the very nice and friendly owner prepared 3 home cooked ocological meals a day for a very cheap price. The.grow there own eco food at a very high qality. There was a fantastic beatyfully wiev from the terrasa. When i lefgt, the owner drowe me to the trasi station and secured I borded the train. I can really recoment to stay at Lary Hostel.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

This is REALLY the warmest host I have never met.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

This is REALLY the warmest host I have never met. Her smile reminds me of my grandmother. Her house is very clean, especial the bathroom. She made the hostel the same as your grandmother's home. Don't forget to taste her breakfast and dinner-the delicious local Romania food (orgainic!)

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Great accomodation
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The friendliest host I've ever met, she even gave me a bottle of afinata as a present when I left. The rooms are clean and nice, the view from the balcony is also very good. The host was even getting tourists from and to the train station, which is also very nice.

Check address on booking.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Check address on booking.com. in real 95, at site 195. Its wrong!))

sweet people, great food

no complaints

totally worth it to pay extra and have dinner and breakfast!!! super sweet woman, she picked me up from the train station, I loved it!

Very friendly and helpfull.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Very friendly and helpfull.

• Reviewed: 21 May 2016

To tell the true it is not the hostel as it used to be.

As far as it is not true hostel it is hard to expect some communications with people from all parts of the world.

To tell the true it is not the hostel as it used to be. It is a kind of hotel with separate rooms. But it is in safe and silent place, it has private parking and it is rather comfortable. So I think it is cool for some solitarily rest.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2015

It was a great place to stay.

It was a great place to stay. Geta was very helpful and lovely and told us everything we needed to know. A great room and a nice bed. Geta made nice traditional food for us. About 12 minutes by food to the bus and then about 10 minuts by bus to the center. Or Geta offers to drive you. If you like a bit rural settings, this is the place to be.:-)

• Reviewed: 25 July 2015

The hosts were really welcoming.

The hosts were really welcoming. The hosts even stayed with me until my bus arrived and made sure I got a ticket to the next destination. The room was big and comfortable. Food was amazing too. The place is a bit outside of the city but so quiet and with a great view on the countryside so it balances. The hosts will drive you to the city center if you need to. A great place to stay.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2015

mama romania is a gem

location is not great but mama romania makes up for this

mama romania is a gem

• Reviewed: 2 March 2015

Staff very helpful and friendly with us and our dog,...

Staff very helpful and friendly with us and our dog, excellent food

There are also 2 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.