Reviews of NH Timisoara 4 stars

Strada Pestalozzi 1, 300115 Timişoara, Romania

#41 of 63 hotels in Timişoara

I like this hotel, it is our second time we check-in in...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

We had an old and broken trash can in the bathroom ... it was not nice :(.

I like this hotel, it is our second time we check-in in Timisoara, after have a great experience in Barcelona :). Staff people are really nice, good breakfast, spacious rooms.

Good location close to parks and city centre
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room facing one of the main roads was little noisy

Just right at the big children park and our favorite serbian restaurant Dinar, walking distance from the centre, the location is superb! Also parking is very easy in front of the hotel, bit less comfy in the summer though.

nice comfortable rooms and very near the city park
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

air condition did not work despite my constant warning a dish of leftover food stayed in my desk for two days. I left it outside my room the second night and it was still there in the morning.

nice comfortable rooms and very near the city park

Good location, confortable bed,complimentary coffee in the...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

The staff could be better trained in order to welcome the clients. I asked at the reception when we arrived (late in the night) if we have water in the room, because we are thirsty. The reception replied “yes”, without bothering to offer the available welcome drink. After, we call the reception to ask if we can find slippers in the room, they answer “no, we finished the stock, but usually you have to collect the slippers from the reception” 🙄. Really??? 4 stars hotel and I have to ask slippers at the reception ??? Anyway, inside the room there is no carpet (just a wood floor, beautiful anyway), but no slippers.

Good location, confortable bed,complimentary coffee in the room, beautiful calm view to the park, available parking place

The location is excellent, really close to the city center.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The air conditioning was not properly working, it provided no cool air just noise. We tried to cool down opening the windows, but we had unexpected company from outside, some mosquitoes that did not let us sleep. The hotel windows could have installed some mosquito nets.

The location is excellent, really close to the city center.

Breakfast good but I had a stomach bug after eating the...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

No free bike rental available according to hotel. Wifi a bit temperamental. Front of house staff were a bit disorganized. They could not find a city map and ended up tearing one out of a magazine.

Breakfast good but I had a stomach bug after eating the beans. Not sure if they were freshly cooked.

Great location!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel lobby bar is old-fashioned. Price was too high for this hotel.

Room was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. There is a park just behind the hotel

Location, spacious room, clean , comfy bed.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

1.They put only 1 set of towel in the room for two guests ! This has been pointed out in the previous reviews but still not taken care of . 2. Overpriced breakfast and restaurant menu . 3. Front desk staff should be cheerful. Welcome and good bye can be made better. 4. I extended my stay with a day and I rebooked via booking ( after asking if there would be any discount for direct booking ). They didn’t offer any discount and the front desk didn’t make any effort to be guest friendly. My key was blocked after the first day stay and when I got back to the hotel at midnight , I had to go back to the reception to activate the key. The front desk should have known this. The lady didn’t bother !!!

Location, spacious room, clean , comfy bed. Great coffee machine in the room. The restaurant waiter was kind and gentle . The hotel has potentials but the staff need to improve their potentials!!!

Hotel and breakfast ok but too expensive considering being in Romania
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Coffee was not my favorite. The price for the room and for the breakfast were too expensive considering being in Romania. The safe in the room didn’t work.

Breakfast was tastier than other hotels and resorts.

Expected more from NH
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

Room no. 112 in which we stayed had no WiFi, probably because it is on the edge of the hotel building. Gym is too small and was dirty due to construction works in the sauna.

Room was comfortable and clean. Location is good, 15 minutes walking distance from the centre.

I recommend this hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The reception personel. Was not so helpful and friendly.

The bed was very good. The room has modern furniture and big lcd tv. The bathroom is modern and quite big. The hotel has a modern design and is quite new i think. The location of the hotel is very good. It's near a park and just 15 min walk to the city center.

Good location & clean
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

Hotel does not have hotel bar nor restaurant that is open for guests. You literaly cannot make 1:1 meetings in the hotel since there is no place to sit with someone.

Good location & clean

A charming journey to eastern "belle epoque"
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Only 2 towels (small and large one) for two of us!!! But, upon our request they have supplied us with 2 big! Thanks!

Pillows are excellent; peaceful park side view accompanied with birds' songs; parking availability; excellent location - close to wonderful parks and river, as well as city center (less than 20 min. walking distance)

Good breakfast, good position not far a way from downtown,...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Food in hotel`s restaurant was cold and even there was a few people waitng time was quite long. This hotel is still using payment pre-authorization if you have reservation over booking.com.

Good breakfast, good position not far a way from downtown, good parking place

Very good location, comfy rooms, nice big TV, complymentary...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

The reservation does not include breakfast, which you can add after the fact. However, it can be steep for what it is.

Very good location, comfy rooms, nice big TV, complymentary inspresso with the expresso machine in the room.

Location is spot on!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast not included in the cost. Should not be an option - similar hotels with similar room price in Vienna all have break included.

Location is spot on!

Excellent hotel, good choice in Timisoara
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Lighting in bathroom could be stronger.

Location is very good. All staff is very attentive and professional. Especially the waiters, they are really kind and polite. There is a large, free parking in front of hotel. Rooms are very comfortable and the view is nice. Excellent beds and sheets, large tv and mini bar. Great, modern, comfortable bathroom. Breakfast was excellent, great choice and quality. There was a lovely Easter decoration in lobby and also the free cookies and drink. Good wifi. I would recommend this place to anyone and wouldn`t hesitate to come back anytime.

Even of this few not so nice things, I have to say that hotel is a good.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Check in which was at 03:00 pm... For a hotel of 4 stars you shoud have a minimum bathrobes... or even room slippers... Cleaning leady entered in my room without checking is it free... a lot of mosquitoes arrive in your room if you opet a window for a short time...

Breakfast was very nice and room was very confortable . Location of the hotel is very good almost in park and close to the city center.

Summary review 5 guests / 5 rooms (27- 29. march 2018)
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast at 7:00 AM, we came 7:03 - should be warm english breakfast but was absolutely cold on both days we staid. Minibar pricelist at hotelroom is not equal to pricelist at reception - you have to pay according prices from reception. Weird personal and processes in hotel - I have to gave them 3x my company adress to have it on invoice /1x at booking page, 1x during check-in and ....again they asked me the at check out for company name and adress. Longest check-out I have ever seen 23 minutes. really europian value **** hotel?

well equipped hotel and calm rooms

Would stay here again NH Hotels fairly good consistent standard.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Had late dinner staff did not seem that keen to see me and my partner food ok but not that special.w

Reception staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast good. Fitness facilities very good.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms that are facing the street can be a little noise. But not disturbing.

Great location next to city center. Free parking on premises. Great breakfast.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

They are currently renovating downstairs so spa wasn’t available.

Location is perfect, it’s easy to get to the city by talking a walk through the parks. Breakfast gives a lot of choice from continental to hot. Glass of fizz too which helps! Water, biscuits and sweets are in reception area every day. Quiet rooms, we were on the top floor facing the road and heard nothing. Prices were good for wine and beer from the bar. Had dinner too, portion sizes are huge and very tasty.

Hotel is really close to the city centar(1.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

Recepcionist (male) was unpleasant ,unfriendly and no easy going.You could not change money in the hotel or pay in euros. Breakfast should be included in the price anyway.

Hotel is really close to the city centar(1.3km). The queen bed was so comfortable that it was worth spending the entire stay in bed. Room was clean and quiet. In the entrance hall ,you can drink cup of tea for free and enjoy the atmosphere.It was pleasant surprise.

I know hotels in other important cities that are much more better that this one at the same price.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was cold, because it has air conditioning only, and the electricity is working only if you connect the card so it couldn't get hot if it wasn't used by somebody. So i had to wait like 1h to get hot enough. There were no slippers in the room, and the floor wasn't clean. Found out later that you could ask for slipper at the reception. The room had a weird smell.

It was close to the city centre and the parking lots were right in front of the hotel. I called to announce that i will be late that night at arrival and the guy at the phone was ok and informed me that someone will be there until 2am. The bed sheets, towels and bathroom were clean.

Comfortable, Location and Price :)
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No daily cleaning or at least changing towels in the room. Maybe it is not included, don't know

Great location, friendly service, big and nice room, clean, comfortable bed, free wifi.

Cheap hotel... cheap conditions
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Cold in the room, the AC did not work, dirty hallways, no slippers and no bath robes, even if they had a sign to ask, when you ask they have none. Very complicated check in. Even if the room was a double and we where 2 persons we only had one towel. The double beds were actually 2 distinct beds who slide away.

Close to shopping mall, quite zone, nice reception, with ATM in the reception, good wifi, very good massage, it is brilliant, nice room service menu choice - did not have the need to try it, again i must say the massage person is the one who made me give the high staff score

Nice hotel, with wonderful breakfast.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

Only a small note: hotel need a renovation of the moquette is the common corridoirs.

The hotel is new, rooms are big. Bed is very confortable. Bathroom is wide and the hotel provide shampoo, shower gel and a lot of clean towels. The breakfast is wonderful! you can get and taste everything from salty to sweet, I recommend to take breakfast.

A quiet, relaxing and comfy stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was a little hot, even running the AC on high didn't really cool it down very much and we had warm days. This was not bad, might be good for other travellers, it was just a little warm for me.

The bed was awesome and the breakfast very rich and diverse. The staff was very helpful and professional. Overall what you'd expect from a 5*. Walking distance to downtown and the Timișoreana beer factory :)

The rooms were big, clean and with a comfortable bed
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I made a special request on booking to have an early check in and late check out. We received their answer and it was positive, but when we arrived there they didn't know anything about this. We managed to resolve with the check out but it still wasn't like our request. We received a room at the first floor and when i wanted to take a shower, I discovered that the bathtub was dirty and full of hair...

The rooms were big, clean and with a comfortable bed

Booking problems
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything was fine but the booking itself was a problem. I booked on a wrong date of my arrival and I sent a message and then I called to change the date to the right one. I have got the confirmation that they changed the date of my booking to the right date and I was happy about it. When my arriving time came,I went at the hotel and they told me there is no booking for that day,just for the next day,wich was the wrong date that I requested to be changed to the right date of my arrival In conclusion,my request was not taken as a consideration

We will never return to this property!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We have been there durring summer time and the air conditioning was not in use. We paid a lot for a poor dinner, no real kitchen on the facility. Wellcome drink was not drinkable, better not!

We would prefer not to stay here again.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The reservation we made through booking.com was not recognized by the hotel but luckily they had an available room we could book when we arrived. The building needs considerable updating: hallways are very dark and the hallway carpets are very loose and stained/dirty.

The actual room itself was nicely designed, clean and comfortable. Bikes available on the property for guests to use.

Very clean, breakfast with variety, amazing beds and the...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We asked for an extra folding bed for a child age 11. However, this could not be arranged.

Very clean, breakfast with variety, amazing beds and the service was very good. Short walk to city centre. Would definitely stay here the next time.

The quality you'd expect from NH

All good.

We came very late at night and that's exactly what we needed: no drama with parking, a smooth check in and a good night sleep in a quiet place. We didn't try their breakfast but we took the bikes for a ride. That's a nice touch that the bikes are provided for free, even if they need a bit of TLC, as otherwise it would've been a bit of a walk to the centre.

Nice place, worth all the money(51 eur), better than many 200$/night hotels from other countries.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

Very close to "La Fabrica Beraria " where you can drink the best beer in Timisoara and very good food. Cheap Taxi and 8 min distance with car untill Iulius Mall.

Good place for family stay in Timisoara.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was a bit lacking.

Nice clean rooms with effective air conditioning. Very close to wonderful children's park. Staff very child friendly.

It was a completely adequate hotel that served the basic...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

Customer service was inconsistent (some helpful staff, some surly). The breakfast room in the basement was a little depressing, though the food selection was pretty good. The location is not very convenient if you're spending a lot of time in central Timisoara. If I had to do it over, I probably would have stayed at the Intercontinental due to its much more central location.

It was a completely adequate hotel that served the basic functions of clean, comfortable lodging, but not much more than that.

Hotel staff was nice and the location was within walking...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Although it was visible that some years ago the hotel was very nice, it was also obvious that nothing has been invested in the maintenance. The carpets on the halls looked incredibly old and dirty, the curtains had stains on them, same for the wallpaper in the room. Bathroom was clean but again very obvious that nobody cared to fix and maintain the furniture and appliances

Hotel staff was nice and the location was within walking distance to the citu center.

A special mention to the receptionist (sorry I don't...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast staff could be more present on the room.

A special mention to the receptionist (sorry I don't know his name) who check us out. He is a really asset to your company. Nothing what we asked was to much for him. Thanks for making our stay memorable.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Good value for money if you skip breakfast
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was expensive, in comparison to local eateries, and not particularly good. The eggs were cold and rubbery. The reception staff were friendly enough, and tried to be helpful, but weren't inclined to go out of their way to help. They gave us wrong information on at least one occasion. The lobby had a TV on, blaring out movies, some of which were a bit inappropriate for the daytime. It was also very loud, and quite often some local men had congregated to watch it - rather strange when you come down to go outside and smoke late at night.

The room was lovely, and very comfortable and clean with a nice view of the park. It was stocked with everything we needed. There were bikes you could hire from reception, which was very convenient.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

The room was very comfortable and the breakfast was very...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

The hotel restaurant doesn't have a too varied menu and the food ordered was below our expectations and too pricey.

The room was very comfortable and the breakfast was very good, though not spectacular. The hotel is located near a very green and quiet area.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Rooms were very clean and the room was good.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the airconditioner in my room was not cooling ... the bthroom had a smell

Rooms were very clean and the room was good. Hotel was very well situated ... quiet area. The hotel was nice and quiet. I enjoyed the lounge / restaurant

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Very good hotel, I'll come back again!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

Maybe air condition systems should works better; Timisoara is very hot city in summer time.

The hotel has perfect location for my business porpuses, at the same time is very convenient to explore the city centre, everything is around at walking distance. Breakfast is more than excellent, everything is TOP! Room are clean, with parquet floor, nice equipped and confortable

Good for a night but beware road noise
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Pillows uncomfortable, room very warm. AC not working (probably centrally controlled and thus unable to control via in-room panel). Had to sleep with window open at night and loud road noise basically meant no sleep. Ask for a room at the back and it may be better.

Very good breakfast

Very nice, modern hotel in Timisoara
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Would be nice if the restaurant was open for more hours- there isnt really much nearby in the way of restaurants. In the evening, the bar area serves full meals which were good. I didn't have an opprtunity to see the spa area or gym, but fellow guest told me jacuzzi could be warmer, it was rather tepid. The bathroom was nice- had a full tub/shower, hair dryer and an outlet for other appliances.

Very nice, modern hotel about 15 minutes walk from the main tourist sites in Timisoara. The room was very clean and a cood size,with a really comfortable bed and nice linens. Loved the fluffy duvets with covers and great pillows. I liked the breakfast- lots of choices and nice staff. Very helpful front desk staff too.

Comfy room for a reasonable price.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff didn't provide too much information at the arrival and the rooms were pretty overheated, need to leave the windows open for the night.

Very comfortable room. Beds were perfect and cleanliness left no questions open.

Great hotel!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We booked two superior double rooms with breakfast included for one night, we were 2 young couples. Everything was great, the bed super comfy, bathroom very clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the rich breakfast and the jacuzzi&sauna, the little terrace had an amazing view to the park and the coffee was delicious. Near the hotel is a classy and kind of vintage restaurant, Merlot. The hotel was easy to find and the parking was free. Good value for money. Certainly we would book this hotel again!

Solid hotel, for dining i sugest looking elsewhere.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The restaurant - Quite expensive for the food you get. Don’t get me wrong, the food tasted great, but the presentation was somewhat lacking, compared to other dining experiences I had in the city.

Great bed, really nice looking rooms and great WIFI.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Bad experience
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Starting from the entrance. We were having a conversation about other places and the receptionist wanted to mention that this is a 4 stars Hotel. For a 4* hotel I am expecting 2 towels in a double room because I don't share a towel with my friend. The other room was dirty, hair on the bed, toilet dirty, literally used and not clean. We called them to bring one more towel and change the other room. Morning wake up was a bad experience as the cleaners were making loud jokes and talking at the phone in front of our door. I don't recommend this hotel as 4*hotel

Central location. That was the best of the place

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Will not return
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Dirty carpet in the corridor. Bad and expensive food in the restaurant. Minimal bathroom amenities.

Spacious room and good wifi connection. Excellent in-room breakfast.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

The water pressure is very low.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The water pressure is very low. The hotel would need some investments in refurbishment e.g. carpets on the floor and also some repairings in the rooms.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Could be much better
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

Selected room seemed to be unused for a while. Old stinky water in the toilet, a bit of dust everywhere. Breakfast was just average

Standard room, nothing special

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Not a good experience in the empty hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was cold in the room and breakfast room. Children were running in the corridor. They try to get payed me a dinner which was not mine. The bed was not comfortable

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Excellent Hotel just on outskirts of City Centre
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bar shutting off at 11. If you wanted a late night drink you needed to use the mini bar. Maybe if bar and restaurant was open later on weekends

Room was excellent in cleanliness and overall impressed with the finish of the hotel. Staff on desk - fluent in English. Didn't try the hotel food. Didn't try spa facilities but these sounded excellent as well.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Excellent stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Minibar was locked, but quickly opened at request.

All good, bed is comfortable, everything is very clean, staff is responsive. Quiet location, but pretty close to city center. I recommend

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Would definitely recommend
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel's exterior is very unassuming and lacks balconies. And not a big deal, but some newer and bigger TVs would be appropriate, I think.

The bathroom is gorgeous and in terms of style and comfort, the room was excellent. The products offered were very fragrant. They also offer free bikes as well, which was a nice surprise.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

Great location and very comfortable
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel breakfast bufet is quite simple. For the €12 it costs you're better off having breakfast accross the street in any local pastry shop.

The junior suite was very spacious four our family of four. Also, the hotel is very close to the city center and plenty of parks. We walked everywhere.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Excellent place to stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. They were quick to help us with the bus routes and schedule. The room was clean and new. Bed was extra comfortable to sleep in :) Good location, too - within walking distance from the city center (15 mins)

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Perfect accommodation.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

I was surprised by the hotel which offered me the hotel apartment even though I booked a standard room. They left me a highly good impression. I will definitely chose this hotel again in the future.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

All in one a very good choice and a very pleasant stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

Common spaces do not impress, food in restaurant is expensive if reported to local prices also the choice is very poor and climate In restaurant is cold and cheap...

Rooms were nice and beds very comfy, clean and new, small details were excellent, perfect TV signal and device itself, good minibar, nice soap and so on in bathroom or other accessories , lot of warm lightened lamps.. .

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

I expect more from a 4 star hotel. Next time I will book another hotel in Timisoara
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

They want to get clients by offering a little bit of spa, but this is too overdrive, because the jacuzzi and dry sauna didn´t event work, and there were no staff in helping us managing it. The breakfast was ok, but there were little mistakes which should not exist in a four star hotel, for example: the bread always was too old, the cooked eggs where overcooked and they had no hotchoclate!

I liked the staff, they immidiately changed our room after we found dust in the bathroom and other things

Pleasant
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No bus station near the hotel

Very confy. Good food,nice people! N

I recommend.

All

Friendly staff, comfort, very good breakfest

Friendly staff, comfort, very good breakfest

clean room

poor air conditioning

clean room comfortable bed ok breakfast parking

Rooms are perfect.

Rooms are perfect.

It was ok by the end..staf were good

Quitnes

Comfortable, professional and nice service.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Comfortable, professional and nice service.Walking distance to centre,overlooks a nice park

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Services and food is terrible

Rooms ok.

enough parking space, nice hotel

enough parking space, nice hotel

Good

the floor was not clean

Stuff - size of the room

Room size

Room size

Don’t worth the money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Poor breakfast,bad reception receivement,don’t provide bathrobes or slippers on 4*** hotel

Stale breakfast at 8 AM
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The airco on a hot day did not work like i want it to

Spa is out of order,one towel in double room??
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Spa is out of order,one towel in double room??

Browse NH Timisoara traveller photo gallery