Reviews of Hotel Opera Plaza 5 stars

Str. General Traian Mosoiu, Nr. 10-12, 400132 Cluj-Napoca, Romania

#31 of 64 hotels in Cluj-Napoca

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Was rather expensive for what it was. Breakfast was very average

Clean rooms. Bathrooms were high quality. Massive beds which were really comfy. Free access to the spa facilities which includes a hot top.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

WHEN I ARRIVED THE ELEVATOR WAS NOT IN OPERATION, THEY WERE WORKING ON ONE OF THE FLOORS i DO NOT KNOW DOING WHAT, I THINK LAYING NEW CARPET, I HAD TO WALK UP THE FLIGHTS OF STAIRS WITH MY SUITCASE. ON MY FLOOR ALSO THERE WAS SOME WORKS GOING ON AND THE CARPETS ON THE STARIS WAS OLD/WORN AND CHANGED EVERY TIME I WALKED UP A FLOOR.

Staff were very friendly

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Even tho I payed for the room just after booking it, the woman from the reception claimed I did not pay for the room at checkout. After showing her the bank transfer on the Internet banking app she said it's ok. Hours later they sent me an email claiming again that I did not pay for the room and threatened me with legal actions. After sending her the bank transaction print on email she apologized with one single sentence saying that a new employee is to blame, not her. Moreover, I booked the room for some guests of mine and I was put in the embarrassing situation of haggling with the reception lady at checkout. Completely unprofessional and not worthy of a 5 star hotel.

Clean hotel.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

air conditioning erratic and old fashioned. No exterior sun beds - pool is inside with no poolside space for sunbathing.

The staff were ever helpful in a rather grandiose hotel which is gradually being modernised. The principal pluses are the location and the pool. The restaurant ambience is rather dated but the food very good indeed. Compared with other hotels in Cluj it is excellent if a bit in need of TLC...

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I went to the swimming pool but there were no towels and nobody to give me a key to a locker. I had to go back to my room to get a towel.

Good breakfast. Good dinner in restaurant. Nice swimming pool and sauna

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Not mentioning how outdated the hotel is, I am still wondering how this hotel's got its 5 stars ? One example: on the ground floor close to the elevator, I saw on Saturday morning a plate full of left overs, randomly left on a shelf. Saturday afternoon the plate was still there, Sunday as well. The stairs to get to the swimming pool is a health and safety nightmare.

Overall location is pretty good.

Cleaning personal entered inside the room twice without asking. Accidentally one of them left with one of our electronic key card... Relatively small swimming pool.

Large full of light well heated room as requested. Very quiet. Good healthy breakfast, although not exquisite. Many attractions in reach of walking distance. Indoor pool. Advanced gym facilities.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The carpets in the hallways have seen better days. They were pretty worn-out. No segregated pedestrian access to the undeground parking.

Good location. Nice pool. Didn`t try the sauna. The room was big and airy. Big and confy bed. Excellent food in the hotel restaurant.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was very comfortable but also super hot, we had to turn off the heating and open the window for a bit to make sleeping easier.

The location is great, just next to the city center and we had a very good view from our 5th floor room. Breakfast was copious and delicious.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Not a 5 star hotel experience, at best ...4. Room was small, bathroom had some unfinished wires hanging out of the wall, the garage looked like an abandoned warehouse, breakfast mediocre.

Friendly staff

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We were provided a packed breakfast since we were leaving for our flight before breakfast service, this was fine but I noted it was charged on the bill separate to the room so I would have preferred to be offered the room rate minus breakfast (to be fair we didn’t ask). We paid £70, I’ve seen this quoted at £150, definitely not worth that.

Reception staff were lovely and very helpful. Gym and pool were clean and well maintained. Comfortable bed, room fairly standard for the type of hotel. Very efficient at early morning check-out and arranging a taxi for us (which is why we chose a place with 24-hour reception desk).

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very nice hotel with very nice rooms, superb breakfast, they cook on order for you, central location, you can walk to old town in 10 minutes, close to my workplace, very nice and professional staff very good price for the return you get

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel front desk staff not familiar with tourist attractions in the area or locations. That said, tourist office down the road helpful.. Maps simple to follow... Walking tour free helps get bearings..

Location convenient to attractions, restaurants.. Hotel fits the bill in many ways.. Facilities good.. Pool, sauna etc. easy, access from/to airport.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The cleaning especially in the bathroom was very poor, with mold. The breakfast included veggies there were not fresh and in general was poorly presented and of rather poor quality. Overall this is more of a 3 star hotel.

This hotel had better times, the lobby has a very nicely painted ceiling. The rooms are big and spacious, so the bathroom.

• Untold Festival Double or Twin Room

Maximum 4 star hotel . AC with no efficiency , old model and not cleaned with an unpleasant smell. Poor breakfast Old carpet

Complimentary water Location

• Standard Double or Twin Room

OK so the view from the room was lacking (just the hotel walls opposite!) and there was a wedding with loud music but this didnt really matter, but a warning would have been helpful!

An attractive, spacious, airy hotel, friendly staff, great room, useful free wifi and lovely breakfast and convenient location right in the old town centre.

• Suite

it is not a real downside but staff was a bit puzzled with the length of my booking when checked in. solved in minutes.

perfect location in the heart of thi city, within walking distance form everything that counts in cluj. our suite was spacy and comfortable spotlessly clean. wide and good choice of breakfast. a plate of fresh, cold juice fruit was served into the suite right after checking in as a real welcome after driving hours on really hot day.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The air conditioning unit in the bedroom and espresso machine was not operational. But they were not important. The air unit was working enough in the living room.

They upgraded me to an apartment without us asking for it. Very clean. Great location. Great staff.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room 107, twin bed had some mold on the walls, contacted reception and got another room right away without much hassle.

Good location, beds very comfortable, also very clean bathroom

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

All ok

Location is ideal (very close to centre). It is a very clean hotel but best of it was the restaurant. I recommend it o anyone who goes to Cluj-italian food and very nice and professional staff.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Not exactly 5 star but close enough.

Breakfast was nice, comfy beds, room was clean, included everything you needed for your stay. Staff was nice and helpful. Ended being there whilst there was a weeding going on, was worried that the noise but it was rather quiet.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Economy Double Room

I've had a very comfortable stay at Opera Plaza. The room was large, well furnished, breakfast also had a good variety of choices. Rooms are clean, well equipped with everything you need and the area is quiet. I didn't try the pool, maybe next time...

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Parking space has no direct access to the hotel. However, they can park your car for you. I didn't know that at arrival

Quiet place with in a good location, pleasant breakfast, nice and clean rooms.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

the matrice was very poor and not comfortable we were a couple and they left us one chocolate on the bed seemed weired no one attends you at the parking lot and there is no elevator to enter the hotel

located two blocks from city center parking lot indoor swimming pool

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• Economy Double Room

Terrible noise coming through walls, all night, from air conditioning machine... Dated rooms No coffe or tea machine in the room ( as in any 5* hotels, as this one is rated) Only one switcher to open the light and ventilation into the bathroom, so if you only want to brush your teeth you can do it in a noisy way... Except the chef, no staff were in the breakfast room. I wait 20 minutes for a capuccino... that come without foam design... Wifi is not working in the restaurant...

The breakfast was really a surprise! A good one!

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Executive Double Room

Atmosphere in the lobby looks like an old communist hotel in the 70's ! Cold and impersonal !

Location and size of the room are the big plus. The staff was very friendly.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There was no room service menu in the room, the jacuzzi facilities were not working properly (might have been broken), and the hotel entrance was very slippery due to the cold winter weather. Warning signs would have been helpful.

The staff was very helpful and the room, albeit a bit old, was nice and had a good minibar, a comfy bed, and lots of towels/bathrobes. We had an early check-out so we received a packed breakfast, which was very kind.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Poor breakfast No inner access from garage to lobby Rather 4 star than 5 stars hotel

Great location, well maintained facility Large and spacious room

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Economy Double Room

Dated, bar closed at 12 despite saying it was 24hrs on the website. Breakfast was terrible, old dried food lying around, I asked for something to be cooked and they did it for me. 5 stars....perhaps in 1983, but more like 2 star now

Staff were pleasant

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• Economy Double Room

The smiling concierge, the spacious room, the pool, the restaurant. Food is excellent and the Chef deserves all the credit. Bartender at the lobby bar was well mannered and the kind of person that knew exactly what he was doing. Overall a pleasant stay.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Arrived early in the morning, staff arranged the room and we been accommodate lot earlier even tough checkin time were 15:00. Many thanks for kindness!

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The spa premises would benefit from some cosmetic improvements, clearer manuals by the sauna and restricted access/view from the street level.

Everything, particularly the assistance of the staff which was second to none.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I have some constructive criticism. You should check the condition of the furniture in the room. In our case (hab. 301), the key of the wardrobe was broken and was somewhat difficult to open the doors. The chair for luggage had some broken wooden bars. Unfortunately, during the weekend we had to endure noises due to works (drill sounds) even beyond 9pm. At reception we were told they were on the 5th floor, two floors above, but it seemed they were working next to our room. We wanted a relaxing weekend but we could not rest as we would have liked. During the stay in the pool we spent some cold. We discovered that one of the large windows was open and could not be closed. I also found another open window through which entered an icy air that I closed it. Should take care of these details, they are easy to avoid. In addition, it is not the first time something like that happens to us in the pool, as I have indicated in another comment.

The bed is quite comfortable, as has been usual in all my stays at this hotel, and the room always very clean and excellent air conditioning. Breakfast is varied with quality products. My wife and I love to ask the cook for crepes and omelets. The staff, whether at reception, cleaning or dining room, has always been very friendly and polite. I liked it, especially, the detail that a lady at reception spoke to me in Spanish when she discovered it was my language. As I don't know Romanian and my English is low, I thank you very much.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• Economy Double Room

Unfortunately every time I plugged in the iron the fuse went in the bedroom! The electrics may need a little attention. But the problem was fixed speedily and cheerfully every time. Only a minor difficulty and one I am sure will get sorted in time. This did not spoil the overall quality of our stay.

This hotel is very welcoming and all the staff make a lot of effort to assist their guests and make their stay enjoyable. The bedroom was spacious and comfortable, with a most comfortable bed, and breakfast was excellent...the chef was willing to make pancakes and omelettes to order every morning! Delicious! Its easy to walk from the hotel to the main parts of the city.The location is very good in central Cluj, They were able to provide a car to take us all to the airport and nothing was too much trouble. The hotel is aspiring to deliver high standards and it was very nice to see the staff providing a warm Romanian welcome and a willingness to put themselves out for their guests. We will certainly return to this hotel next time we visit Cluj and we look forward to it.. We arrived as guests and felt we left as friends. Thank you...we had a wonderful 5 night stay.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Economy Double Room

We were only there for four nights.

We loved everything about this hotel. The spacy rooms and the wide beds. The staff was all nice and friendly. Especially the woman in the morning, when we had breakfast. She was so nice and a pleasure to be around. Also the young woman, who was in charge of the fitness and massage area, she was so kind and helpfull, and she could speak Danish. All in all a great hotel with a wonderfull atmosphere, and I would recommend it to everybody.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Not very modern Pool full of children having a sximming lesson! Had to ask twice & wait almost an hour for sauna

Rooms very big Got upgraded Beds comfortable Staff helpful

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There was a mixup with the left luggage and we accidentally ended up with an extra suitcase on our coach. I appreciate your concierge was being helpful in loading the cases but I still had to pay to send the case back to the Opera.

We were a group of ten people and the staff arranged tables in the bar and a wonderful meal in the restaurant. The choice for breakfast is excellent.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Suite

Sauna was not always switched on at published opening times. No towels provided in sauna area. Eggs at breakfast were kept warm for such a long time they lost freshness.

Comfortable hotel at quiet location near the center of Cluj. Hotel is new and modern and everything works. Nice pool. Good selection at breakfast.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

• Executive Double Room

Very professional staff. The breakfast is complete, mixing local specialties with classical continental fares. The room is well equipped, supplied and cleaned, at a level which justifies its five stars. Well situated; easy access of the administrative center of the city; quite calm street.

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

Nothing particular

Close to walk to the city but a relatively quiet street. The hotel has parking underneath which was free. I think this would be an ideal hotel if you are visiting for business or holiday. Good-sized and comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Executive Double Room

The breakfast team was a bit bored: only 3 tables full, but nobody asked us if we want anything else (it's a 5 star, after all). They genuinely felt disturbed by out presence. Also, the hotel doesn't have a true big-city-5-star feel, it's more of a ,,countryside 4 star".

We had an executive room which was spacious, nice and very clean.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It's a little old, it could do with a paint job and new carpet to claim that 5 star status.

I liked the health centre and pool facilities. the food was also good.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Over priced, old style hotel, inpractical bathroom, reception staff unfriedly when we arrived or when we asked about very loud noise heard numerous times, a very old attitude in today's hotelier market. Never ever again at this hotel. It should be downgraded to max a2 stars hotel!!!

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

In room 106 the carpet near bathroom doesn't look and smell very nice. Maybe was an accident before 02.08.2016

The position, the parking, good Internet and good breakfast, the staff.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Suite

Definitely not a 5 stars hotel, basing my review on a western Europe standard it's more a high 3 or poor 4 stars hotel. House keeping not really doing your room if not free in the morning and not asking for it. Old-ish room, with things fixed here and there, bathroom not really practical. Could improve cleaning. Definitely really expensive for the value it provides ! If you look for a 5 stars experience it's not what you will find here.

The hotel is at a walking distance from the city center (5-10 min). Breakfast is good, mainly the eggs you can order and are freshly made for you.

The door was broken.

Large room. Close to centre.

The room wasn’t a 5 stars one

Everything but the room

• Standard Double or Twin Room

friendly welcome, very good breakfast, nice ambience, within a plesent walk to the old town

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Luxurious place, but with no mentenace. You can see there were no investments in the past years.

Good, friendly staff

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Is a central location and very clean.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

A little outdated and expensive

Delicious breakfast, good location, close to the old town, nice service.

• Executive Double Room

The fact that they ve put flowers in the room as requested.

Close to the centre of town, a really nice hotel, lovely staff.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very centrally situated, excellent helpful staff!

Simple Great - best of my Cluj „Collection“!‘nn

Quality of soap products

Free parking; friendly and helpfull staff; free room upgrade

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The jacuzzi wasn't as clean as we'd like.

Friendly staff & breakfast was good in the morning. Lot's of choice.

Everything.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms were quite noisy.

Room size was very large, rooms were warm and comfortable

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We liked the excellent location, style and ambience. Good breakfast.

non

Good location, swimming pool, elegant restaurant, good breakfast, friendly staff

Bed and pillows

Staff ,location and breakfast

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I asked for a quiet room and i got one with street view . Furniture was dusty and bathroom need some tlc.

I liked the old victorian style

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We liked this place a lot! Breakfast is more Than perfect! Bed is excellent.

Great breakfast.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The friendly staff, Good breakfast, large room,

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Location not really ideal but close to everything by car.

Good place to stay in Cluj. Very nice pool. Excellent breakfast. Quiet zone. Free parking.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

This is not 5 stars hotel!!!!

Great hotel. Staff very helpful. Incredible value huge executive room for £80 per night.

The view from my room.

Friendly people. Decent hotel.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

v friendly staff

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

They need to improve there breakfast,more vegetables' change their silver ware

Nice staff

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Wifi was too poor, no caffe americano (or similar) available.

The rooms have space enough (28 m2). Parking is possible in the hall.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

-everything was more then perfect

-the employees - the room * bed, bathtub, size of the room -breakfast -lounge

Technically not really on the opera plaza but a 1min walk from it.

Very good location. Nice hotel. Good value for money. Nice breakfast.

Browse Hotel Opera Plaza traveller photo gallery