Reviews of Ramada Sibiu Hotel 4 stars

Str Emil Cioran Nr 2, 550025 Sibiu, Romania

#14 of 29 hotels in Sibiu

It’s really wonderful hotel, location is the best in Sibiu,...
    • Junior King Suite - Non-Smoking

It’s really wonderful hotel, location is the best in Sibiu, view from the window is fantastic ( our room was on the 9 floor). Breakfast is diverse and everything is tasty. We really like this hotel:)

A dissapointment, after 10 years of constant visiting
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom had dust around the sink and the glass door was not clean (full of fingerprints). Even if we told the staff to take care, they did not. When towels were changed, one day, they have given us only one big towel, and after we akes the reception to take care of the issue, it dis not happen. The parking lot access was not working properly, as well. And a lot of smaller and bigger degradation signs on the furniture (on both leather elements as well as on the wodden ones). All in all, 4 star prices for 2 or 3 star performances.

Business Hotel outside ring road
    • Executive Twin Room - Non-Smoking

No access to stairs.Very restrictive lift operation- not possible to reach any room on floor different to your own.Hot unventilated exterior glass wall lift. Unhelpful response of check- in staff to change of booking. Although the aircon maintained a comfortable temperature,it had NO response to the temperature control buttons.

Very large comfortable room with all facilities and a good carpet. Short walk to town.Good breakfast.

Arrogant male receptionist which was more inrested of his phone.

Arrogant check in, I had to say "Hi, how are you" No extra furniture in the room, only 2 beds, no extra furniture's was brought in even that was asked several times. I had to bring 2 armchairs from the hall way. Fridge was warm, only 3 hangers in the wardrobe Gym was closed one of the days, the gym was one of the reason I booked the hotel. Staff in the gym was sitting on a chair and didn't know much of the facility. Very dirty in the gym and sauna was broken. I wrote in the bookings it was my birthday trip, NO ATTENTION

Close to the old town. Nice view from windows in room and elevator.

Nice hotel but need safe improvement in bath.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I had accident in bath due to it has no anti-slippery pad, my leg had injury and I had bruise before my meeting. Moreover, car parking was average, Eur 10.- for inside and Eur 5.- for outside parking.

Hotel is located in central. My room was clean and has a nice view.

Never again.....
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

SERVICE!!!! Staff need to be properly trained!!!! Reception: SMILE please.Stop chatting to your colleagues when customers are here to check in or check out.When it is check out peak hour in the morning more than one member of staff at reception please... Buffet breakfast:average.we were there at 9.00 am and lots of dishes hadn't been refilled ,although breakfast is supposed to be served until 11.00!!!Again lots of staff walking around, doing nothing, and not even bothered to say hello! Dinner: don't have dinner there.We stayed because it was pouring rain outside.Big mistake...Average food but awful service.It is the first time in a restaurant that the waitress takes away my partner's plate as soon as he has finished and asks him what he wants for dessert...when I am still eating my main course.The dessert we were given were not the ones we had ordered.No hello, good bye or smile. Room: There were still the lids of shampoo and shower gel bottles from the previous customer when we arrived.We drank some tea on the 1st day but tea was not replaced on the following day. You don't feel welcome in this hotel...Staff is not interested in customer service...

Spacious room .Comfy bed.View from the room .

Great place
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Would have been nice to have a pool/SPA

Excelent location, close to the center of the town, great panoramic view of the city, very good breakfast, staff really friendly and helpfull, big rooms

Maybe the best accommodation in Sibiu
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The air conditioning has no possibility to modify the temperature of 20 Celsius centigrades. But the staff brought us a heater!

Perfect location, nice view, kind staff

The view is great and makes the hotel worth visiting
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It starts to look old and shabby. I was not pleased with the cleanliness, as there were two spots on the sheets and some spots on the towels, the towel spots could be due to the fact that they are old, but even so, for 4 stars this is not permitted. Also, the bathroom appliances look overused (shower head, toilet seat) and need to be replaced.

The location is great. Also, the breakfast is good and the view from the upper floors is breathtaking

Beware of the hotel parking .
    • Presidential King Suite - Non-Smoking

Beware of the hotel parking . We stayed at the "presidential suite" the most expensive room, when we checked in they gave us card to the parking, we thought it's free as it was in all of the hotels in Romania for the guest of the hotel. In the check out we were charged 10 euro a day for parking, it's insulting .

great location, friendly room service staff,
    • Junior King Suite - Non-Smoking

Room not that clean (it was the second time i found hair in the tub, at the shower, and used soap left), extra charge for parking

great location, friendly room service staff,

Fitness Center well equipped, but crowded, dirty room
    • Executive Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The room was dirty when I arrived, was not cleaned during the next day, I needed to complain. Then it was done immediately, but not very well. The aircondition cannot be set individually. Only 2 German tv channels (Pro7,Vox).

The fitness area

Average experience at Ramada

Some of the rooms have a temperature problem, in winter time, so there are like a sauna. Staff handling poorly when a room issue. Average hotel, nothing to make you feel that they worth the extra money. Some marks and a long black hair on my bed made me question the cleaning of the room but overall it is a clean hotel (I treated what happened to me as a mistake or bad luck).

Close to the old center, great view from top floors, overall clean and comfortable

Cheap hotel that looks posh
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

All lifts shut down Most lights switch off Clearly saving electricity for the boss Not offering what it supposed to for the Hotel guests

Location and room size

4.0
    Very good location, close to city center.
    • Executive Double Room

HVAC/heating system very noisy and very low temperature during night, reach max 23*C after few hours. Construction works ongoing at 5pm on a bank holiday.

Very good location, close to city center.

Good quality but not worth the money
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The cleaning lady knocked in the morning and less than 10 seconds later she used her key to open the door. She did apologise, but it was pointless after that. They do not offer free parking

Pretty close to the city center. Clean.

Very nice stay in Sibiu
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Too warm in the room. Glass Door from the bathroom when you are not alone in the room is not so inspirate.

The hotel has a nice location. Very modern. Good standard business hotel. Good breakfast. Excellent coffee.

Great location (only) for spring/summer
    • Junior King Suite - Non-Smoking

The heating system isn't really friendly with any allergic person, as it comes through ventilation. The entire night we had the sensation that we cannot keep warm. We all left the hotel a little bit cold.

The hotel looks wonderful and the staff is very polite. The location is amazing (5 min away from City Centre).

Location is just short walk from old city centre with...
    • Executive Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel has a problem with their air conditioning. I visited the hotel as part of a conference and the participants almost all had issues with the temperature in the room. Either it seemed impossible to heat the room above 19C or, as in my case, it was impossible to cool it to below 25C. At one point it even reached 30C in my room while the outside temperature was -1. Asking the reception for help was useless, it was not fixed for anybody that I am aware of.

Location is just short walk from old city centre with restaurants and shops.

Fantastic! It was really a great stay in an excellent hotel!
    • Junior King Suite - Non-Smoking

The payment process. When I've done the booking, I was told online that payment will be required only during check-out. The Receptionist asked me to pay the whole amount owed, while doing the check-out, even if I've mentioned to her that probably she should bill ONLY the difference from what already blocked on my Credit Card, when I've done the Booking. Few hours later, after the check-out, I've noticed that I can't use the money blocked for the initial booking. I've called the Hotel and a lady sent me very prompt over e-mail the proof of cancellation for the initial amount blocked on my Credit Card and 24 hours later I was able to see the amount available on my account. In my opinion it is wrong to claim payment when you leave, while actually you block the room cost amount and ask for a full payment during check-out (instead of only the difference). No-one is benefitting from this faulty procedure, neither the customer, nor the hotel!

The large space of the apartment was excellent, indeed. In my opinion, very good value for money!

Not as nice as it should have been.
    • Executive Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Staff kindness. I didn't like the overall staff predisposition towards their customers. They weren't friendly and didn't help us at all with a specific problem we had. Unless it's the only available room in Sibiu, I don't think we'll ever book this hotel again.

Beautiful city, nice things to see, good food and drinks.

1. You have to pay for parking your car at the hotel parking ( 5eur/exterior 10 eur/interior), this is a shame, was better to pay 10eur extra in the booking price not to feel robbed when parking. Beside that, you have to leave the car in the middle of the road go make the check-in and receive the card and with that card you can open the barrier and enter the parking slot, this is a very bad logistic and you risk getting a ticket from Police. 2. A bit noisy even from the 8th floor in the morning.

Nice room, good position in Sibiu downtown, easy to arrive to location.

Short but pleasant stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was large and very comfortable. Had a good night's sleep and awoke refreshed. Lovely view over the historical centre of Sibiu, both in my room and in the lift! Staff were welcoming and accommodating.

A good hotel to discover an unknown but marvellous city with beautifull corners, lots of history.

Some drinks sold out at 23.00 pm ?!

We where on the 12th floor and out of our window we had a marvellous view over the city and mountains. The elevator-experience (in glass) is great !

I like Ramada, I stayed here many times
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We were not allowed to stay with our little dog in the breakfast hall. This happened to me only once in a hotel which allowed pets. Moreover, we were coming from our holidays in Austria and Hungary, where we hadn't such problems in any of the 4* hotels and restaurants, on the contrary...

I like Ramada, I stayed here many times

Great place to stay!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We very enjoyed to stay in this hotel. Very good designed room. Good breakfast. Free hotel parking. Great fitness and SPA facilities.We also enjoyed massages in SPA.

The bad experience

The staff were very unfriendly. We had to inmediatly pay for room, when we arrived. Accessories in the room were incomplete. In the bathroom wasn't soap, bath-shower gel; the water-pressure was very weak. Most of the connectors were fault.

The city.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

An okay hotel.

We had trouble getting the air conditioning system to function properly and cool the room. The staff was rather slow in responding to our issue. I have a feeling we weren't the only ones with this issue as from the outside of the hotel we could see many of the other guests had opened their windows as well instead of using the in room air conditioning.

The breakfast was very nice and the location is close to all of the major sites and attractions.

Poor Cleanliness but good location
    • Junior King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room wasn't air-conditioned - the AC did not work although we were in one of the most expensive suites on the top floors. The room was not cleaned/hoovered during our whole stay - 4 nights! Bathrooms toiletries not replenishes although asked 2 times. Coffee/tea/minibar never replenished during the entire 4 night stay. Cleanliness standard really poor ... Breakfast was not of the usual Ramada standard.

Very good location and all staff were friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Never again Hotel Ramada in Sibiu.

The staff in the reception. Very unfriendly. Especially the old man was like an old type from the communist era. Hotel management needs to replace these people to get new customers. There are other good hotels nearby like Ibis and Continental.

Close to the centre of the old town.

surprising for good
    • Executive Double Room

very new and elegant hotel comfortable and all take into consideration for best comfort staying the breakfast was rich and exclusive nice shop in the lobby

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Comfortable rooms near the city centre

Very comfortable bed and large room/bathroom. Close to city center. Breakfast was ok but could be improved a little by adding fresh juices, dark bread and better coffee.

The parking is 10€ ,the staff is rude and the breakfast is...

The parking is 10€ ,the staff is rude and the breakfast is kind of poor , in the room the temperature was very cold and they said that it was at maximum power ( wich is not true by the way) the next day when some more people come to the hotel they put it at maximum power and it was a good temperature.

we liked the confort of room, breakfast was OK , and the...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

parking place is not so good. is missing a person for help us . We stayed out, expecting someone to open the barrier and is was not so secure concerning the crowded street .

we liked the confort of room, breakfast was OK , and the staff too.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Wi-fi is weak: on the 10th floor is not possible to connect.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Wi-fi is weak: on the 10th floor is not possible to connect. The room's internal temperature was too high - almost 27°- and you can't regulate it through the electronic panel. I had to open the window (-10° outside)

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

low quality services
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Every time we went to Sibiu we stayed at Ramada, but only for one night. This time we stay for more days, and we was surprised to see that cleaning mean only to change the towels and collect garbage from the room. The food in the restaurant was awful and also the staff not so polite. On the breakfast was one day when we must wait half an hour to bring the omelet to the buffet, the quality of the product in the breakfast not so good. I don't know what to say, but I think that is not the same Ramada as it was. They are just focused on how to take money from the tourist but not to give something back, like quality services. The hotel is helping a lot the location, otherwise is not worthing to stay there.

The location of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Short city break
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The elevator was pretty difficult to catch. Only one out of the two elevators was functional, and it took 15 minutes to get from floor 10 to the lobby or breakfast room (it had to stop on every floor going up, then on every floor going down, even if there were no guests calling it)

The breakfast was very large and complex, well stocked even at 10 o'clock. The rooms was pretty clean, though many details seemed outdated (napkin box in the bathroom was empty, the bathroom heater wasn't working, etc) Good location though, very close to the old city entry point

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Excellent hotel in excellent location
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Perfect location, very close to the Old Town. Spacious room with great view, very comfortable bed and pillows. Spacious and comfortable bathroom. Great breakfast. Finally they have a coffee machine! The coffee is Julius Meinl. Parking for a very reasonable price (5 EUR outside, 10 EUR inside). Friendly and professional staff.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Bathroom fixtures are in need of updating!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom fixtures are in need of updating! The restaurant tried to close down before schedule (took our order only after complaining). A very loud party was going on in the restaurant/lobby bar.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

No reason to stay there
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Noisy party all night, only one elevator workingand there always was a line. Who thought tables of 10 for breakfast was a good ideea? I have parked in the garage but left for a couple of hours. When I returned there were no more places available for parking, the party guests used them all up even though I have paid for parking had no place to park. Room looked used. Dirty coffee mugs at breakfast, you had to dig for a clean one.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Close to the city center
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

They messed up my reservation and refused to fix it or to repair their mistake somehow with a partial refund or something elseDidn't receive even an apology. I asked to talk to a supervisor. He was just as indifferent. Rude and careless staff. I called them twice, each of the times they said they would call back and they didn't. When I went to the front desk, they admitted they weren't intending to call back. Broken elevator. Room temperature impossible to change. Bad experience overall

Close to the city center

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Look elsewere
    • Executive Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Booked a night at the "Executive Suite" room but air conditioning didn't work and they put me in a two room apartment with the door connecting the two rooms locked - I was expecting more privacy for a 150 Euro / day room. Adding insult to injury, they charged me twice.

Hotel was clean.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Parking is too small compared to the capacity of the hotel...
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Parking is too small compared to the capacity of the hotel and no possibility to reserve a place, breakfast looks horrible after 9.00 a.m with no refills, poor quality reception service(if asked if they can change the room view, the answer was no, if asked if we can be announced when a parking place will be available, the girl replied that she can not know when....

Good breakfast.

1.Ramada Hotel has a very small parking place. They asked me to move my car becouse was coming to stay at the hotel so-called prince Duda (probabily they do not know Romania is a republic, and all those titles are illegal!!!). Their guests 2. The personal did not change the sheets, even after three nights. 3. The phone in my room did not work; the heating system was broken - my father-in-law has slept three nights with open window/closed heating system becouse of high temperature (around 27 C inside his room).

Good breakfast. Good location.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

You can get better for the money.

Major heating problem, looks like whole hotel suffers from a malfunction that management can not solve, there were 32C in the room and temperature could not be set to lower unless stopping it and opening the window. Very small parking both outside and inside. Way overpriced. Asked babycot, not supplied, neither interested in solving after arriving. Fortunately we managed to camp the kids using existing beds. Bored personnel. Scarce breakfast, sliced fruits were looking like sitting there for days. Groceries on the cheap side.

Location is good, rooms looks like being renovated not long ago. Roomy bathroom with tube, bathroom furniture OK. Clean carpet. Fast Wi-Fi. Good beds. Functional room-service.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Short trip to Sibiu

one of the staff members behave unprofessional / unpleasant especially at this hotel category. One evening I was asked to move from the table I was seating in the restaurant and move to a coach on the lobby because I was only ordering a coffee and a drink (from same restaurant). I would have understood this if restaurant was full and I would sit myself at the bar but that evening the restaurant was rather empty so...

The Hotel has excellent location, 5 minutes walk from historical centre. Room is well furnished (though TV is rather old and has a barely working remote). Breakfast is good and has enough variety (though better quality ingredients would be a plus) and the dinner restaurant menu is very good. Hotel also has a gym (equipment is rather old but in working condition) and a parking (underground one is very good especially in bad weather).

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Best Hotel in Sibiu
    • Junior King Suite - Non-Smoking

Average 4 star hotel breakfast Avoid having Lunch or Dinner at the Restaurant as it is nothing special and there are many nice restaurants downtown Low Internet speed and signal

Perfectly located just 5min walk from the city centre it is for sure the best hotel in Sibiu We booked a suite witch was very big with nice views over Sibiu Both Rooms and Lobby Areas are modern and minimal decorated and staff is very helpful Prise is absolute Value for money

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Good place to stay - needs a little reorganizing work on the breakfast room.

The breakfast room was small and crowded, with big round tables forcing guests to sit at the same table with strangers - not a nice thing... The shower was a bit old, probably, because it did not function properly.

Lovely view, nice room and very comfortable bed. Very good and varied breakfast.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

The staff entered every day to my room just knocking and...

The staff entered every day to my room just knocking and bumping inside not waiting a second to answer, first day even do i just made the check in a blond girl entered to the room, saw that im inside and run away without saying anything, they have no sign with "Do not disturb" ...

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

the view, location and bath are wonderful, the room is...

They rent out the restaurant to functions too often so you can not eat in the hotel, and on weekends the first floor is given over to weddings with a live band so loud that the walls of my 11th floor room were shaking as late as 23.00! No hope for a comfortable rest. Also it took three complaints and two days to get a light fixed, and the staff are at best sullen.

the view, location and bath are wonderful, the room is spacious

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Two days in Sibiu

We stayed two nights in Sibiu. Hotel overlooks the old city. We were on a high floor with a great view. The rooms are modern and comfortable. Breakfast was until 11 but we were the only people eating so late. Not many people on Monday and Tuesday as many tourist sites are closed on those days. The small villages and mountains around Sibiu make for great day trips if you have a car.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

The soundproofing of the rooms not OK.

The soundproofing of the rooms not OK. I could not adjust the thermostat so the temperature in the room was too low, actually it was really cold. Maybe If I would have called the maintenance staff the problem would have been solved.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Really friendly, helpful staff.
    • Executive Twin Room

Only two elevators and no stairways.. in case a group just checked in, it will take you a while to get to your room.

Really friendly, helpful staff. Comfy bed. Easy to reach by car.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

Acceptable
    • Executive Double Room

Staff and facilities. Only 2 elevators gor 12 floors and mire than 130 rooms. Very expensive parking place.

Location in the middle of the town and cleaning.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

well-located, clean and modern hotel with grumpy, inflexible staff.
    • Executive Twin Room

The staff are officious and unhelpful. The impression is of a bureaucratic organisation where customer service is low on the priority list.

Well-designed, comfortable rooms. Well located, a short walk from the town centre.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

A warm thank you to the hotel staff that helped me surprise...
    • Executive Double Room

A warm thank you to the hotel staff that helped me surprise my mother on her birthday. You were very kind and helpful. My parents had a great stay at your hotel!

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Good but with small flaws

We booked an apartment at 10th floor. No fridge in the kitchinette, no plates, glassess, cups, cuttlery. Still trying to figure what was the purpose of the small kitchen. We had to use the mini bar to keep the kid's milk and food cool. Pencil and paper also missing in the room. Garage barrier entrance requires some maneuvering skills. The badge reader is improperly positioned. And it is like this for years....

Location, staff, decent breakfast. Amazing views from upper floors over the city and the landscape.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Very comfortable hotel
    • Executive Double Room

Friendly, efficient and helpful staff. Good location. Clean and was any room. Great that breakfast was included and it was s good buffet in a spacious and quiet dining room.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Recommend stay

Fire alarm went off early hours of the morning and we went down seven floors to reception. Front desk staff didnt know what to do and let people return to their rooms.

Good size room with modern comforts, close walking distance from the town centre.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

The location was perfect.
    • Executive Double Room

They charge 5 euros per night for outside parking and 10 euros for garage parking. The TV in the room is small. No iron but they will bring it to the room if you request it. No pool.

The location was perfect. It's only a 5 min walk from the town center but not in the craziness and touristy area where you have people begging for money and lots and lots of tourists. We were on the top floor and the view was beautiful. The room was clean and comfortable. The flat screen tv was small but ok. Breakfast was very good. Overall, it was a nice hotel. Not excellent but nice. The restaurant was good and our waiter was very nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

staff wasting my time for booking over internet
    • Standard Twin Room

staff wasting my time for booking over internet Their POS have many errors, force at my end to provide 3 different credit card in order to secure the booking......... I pay at the hotel with first credit card, so, errors are fully recorded on Hotel side.... poor service related to POS/card

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

if you are on the way with expensive car I would recommend...

if you are on the way with expensive car I would recommend this hotel for sure, great protected garage! everything else also very good! comfortable bed, nice breakfast and a view from higher floors :)

Good Experience

Love this Hotel & breakfast was verry rich 🍉🍏🍓🌰🍞🥐🍳🥪🌭
    • Queen Room with City View - Non-Smoking

Mi-a placut tot 😍

Best Hotel-best price 🙂

AC nu functiona.
    • Junior King Suite - Non-Smoking

AC nu functiona. Mic dejun jalnic

Am rezervat suita presidentiala si am primit camera dubla...
    • Presidential King Suite - Non-Smoking

Am rezervat suita presidentiala si am primit camera dubla normala

Nice view over the city.

Nice view over the city.

Perfect flavour of Sibiu city center

Not too many facilities

Perfect location

For one night it was very good
    • Executive Double Room

Not being able to use the bar or restaurant due to an event,

Overall very good.

OK LOCATION ,POOR PARKING

PARKING

LOCATION

goood place to stay downtown sibiu
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the place need a little make up/ seems to nothing visible done since opening

good bedding, nice room,,fantastic view

Close to the city centre and lovely view

Close to the city centre and lovely view

The room temp was a bit too high.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room temp was a bit too high.

Stuff, location, deco

Bed sheets

Stuff, location, deco

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Too hot in the rooms!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room temperatur 29,9 degrees and not adjustable, heating can't be switched off. Problem known since years, but no change.