Reviews of Domenii Plaza by Residence Hotels 4 stars

33 Alexandru Constantinescu, 1st District, Sector 1, 011471 Bucharest, Romania

#117 of 220 hotels in Bucharest

We had booked 3 different rooms for 3 different people, for one night, identifying all 3 persons by complete name and surname, at the date of booking. However, upon arrival, the reception allocated what seemed to have been the wrong room to one of the guests. They checked the person in, after some debate, but afterwards they called the room, asked for the name and surname again and also asked the person to move to another room. The air conditioning did not work in one of the rooms and it was really hot that particular day. The breakfast was kind of a dissapointment, because after a large group of guests consumed all the food put out, the supplement was insufficient.

They were polite and, despite the initial misunderstandings, they did not insist that the guest move to another room. Nice hotel, good location.

Breakfast wasn’t the best, the hot food was cold as the heater element beneath had been turned off.

Great location, nice rooms (we had the business suite as one of our rooms with a great terrace) clean and staff very helpful. A visit to the museum of Romanian houses in the park nearby is well worthwhile.

The room was not properly insulated. The room was on the 1st floor and we could hear the ground floor party all through the night. The music and people dragging chairs on the floor was the main theme of the night until 4-5am. No complementary water or a kettle, which you can have in all 2* hotels. The breakfast reastaurant had most of the tables used and unclead, even if there were not many guests. The hot breakfast was cold and not nice. Not a 4* hotel and to expensive for what it offers.

Nice looking and in good location.

For a 4* Hotel I was expecting to find a complementary bootle of water or kettle and tea in the room, but all this was missing. The bar from the room had no water either. The bathroom was smelling of sewerage, and the vanity kits were empty boxes. The reception staff was arrogant and we felt unwelcomed. At the breakfast the tables were used and uncleaned, even if when we arrived was no customer in the restaurant, so it was not busy. The water jug was empty and nobody bothered to refill it.

The hotel is looking nice and chic. The location is very good for the purpose of my trip. The breakfast variety was good.

I rather like modern styled hotels, this retro-style furniture and equipment is not really my taste :) Doors are locked by traditional keys (not cards or pin). Also the light in the room could have been brighter. The working table zone in the evening is quite dark, no local lamp.

Nice location, friendly staff. The rooms are retro-styled, but otherwise comfortable with everything required for a business traveler stay. Breakfast is also nice and offers sufficient variety of meals.

Asked for a large double bed, got two joined twin beds. The room seemed smaller then advertised and had a bad smell coming from the bathroom.

Nice and helpfull staff. The hotel has a nice design inside and outside. The room was clean.

The hotel is very loud at night, I was given a room on the first floor and could not sleep all night! The restaurant is open and plays loud music all night until 4 in the morning, where clients are permitted to use microphones whilst drunk and shout until the early hours of the morning. I would not recommend

The hotel looked nice and it was a very convenient location

Very good breakfast. Kind and helpful stuff. Comfortable bed. Very good Wi-Fi connection. The transport to the airport service was very comfortable and punctual!

The room was clean, comfortable, very spacious, the mattress is awesome, the bathroom is spacious and very clean. The breakfast is awesome, they also have excellent coffee. I would recommend this hotel anytime.

The hotel hosts loud parties every day (it happened all three nights during my stay). Really loud, isolation is poor. Reception says that will give a room on a quieter floor, but it is not possible to have a peaceful stay, because the parties are held on the ground and 4th floors and you will hear music and dancing from any floor. Because of the parties, you will face many people downstairs. Breakfasts are basic and not tasty for a 4 star hotel.

A good location next to a big park, the hotel is new.

• Business Suite

I didn't received the room that I've booked. Some of the appliances in the room were broken(for example one of the balcony doors needed to be slammed in order to close). Even thought I booked the suite I got a smaller room with two beds put together which make the stay very uncomfortable. Also the reception staff was unfriendly all the way, starting with saying no to small requests all the way to being unfriendly and noisy.

The location is terrific and the style of the room was nice. The cleaning of the room was done in a very good manner. Rich breakfast.

The coffee machine could be better.

The room has a classy design. The bed is big and very comfortable. The breakfast is worth paying for. Good selection of food.

doors are not noise-proof, you hear everyone passing by your door. Antique rooms are not my favorite design

bed size 180 and very comfortable, clean room&hotel, location, excelent breakfast&restaurant

I accidently booked a room without breakfast, the hotel didn't let me upgrade my reservation to a room with breakfast (apparently this is their policy). The wedding from the top floor restaurant kept us up all night. Breakfast was below average. Bitter staff. Terrible pillows. The double bed is actually two twin beds put together.The quilt is too small for two people. A no return for us!

Staff was a bit lost in space, they had an event on going and they were only focused on the people attending the wedding.

Great view from the roof terrace! Room was clean and cozy.

• Business Suite

- small number of parking places but the area is quite enough and away from traffic so you can find a spot easily

+ Excellent services + Very friendly and helpful staff + Clean and good looking rooms + Restaurant is a must try

a little bit of road noise, and the shower nearly blew me off my feet lol!

Great hotel, very stylish, well equipped with a lovely roof terrace. staff all very helpful and friendly and nothing was too much trouble.

I am a very picky person but I have no complains with this property, the only problem was with the elevator but the technician tried to fix it but they could not fix it and they done it next day. I was quiet happy with this property.

The staff was professional, and location ok, they were having problem with the elevator by the time that I arrived there and they could not fix it but was ok. I had dinner on the roof and the view of Bucharest was beautiful and especially the sun set. It is a must to have if go to this property in the summer time.

Our family (parents and a small kid) has stayed in the hotel for 2 nights. The second night the hotel was a mess with 2 wedding parties taking place in it, one on the ground floor and another on the roof (4-th floor). The noise of music and guests was horrible and the whole hotel had to hear it. None of us including small kid could sleep until 5 in the morning. Nobody has prevented us about the parties planned when we booked neither at the check in. When we understood the parties are not ending and came to complain at 23.30, the only thing the hotel staff and management did is offering us to pack our staff and move to another hotel with our family, in the middle of night!!!!! I would strongly NOT RECOMMEND this hotel.

Small hotel with nice breakfast and pretty good location in a residential area of Bucharest

There aren't parking,the lift didn't work, the room is not the same like on the photos of advertisement, the service was terrible, but about the breakfast I don't have words! I will never go there again!!!

They changed the booked room, said with a better one but was so uncomfortable and looked so old. Also bathroom has nothing in common with the pictures (they present hermes products but they only had a no name soap and ONE shower gel). Not happy at all.

We are very dissapointed, we've came with high expectations and left with great dissapointment. Very impolite staff, smelly rooms, bad attitude everywhere. Very expensive for what it is provided. It is not a 4+ stars hotel anymore, for sure. We've been here 5 years ago and it was great, now everything changed. Bad management, probably. We'll definetely not coming back.

The waiting time in the hotel's restaurant is quite long for a 4 star hotel.

The location is nice, close to the largest park in Bucharest. The staff is nice, the rooms are big and clean. Worth the price.

• Executive Studio

On the ceiling there was a spider web The bathroom tiles and the door frame didn't look like a 4 star hotel There was only one pair of slippers and one bathrobe - we made the reservation for 2 persons This was our second stay at this hotel; we received the same room both times; the funny thing is that the first time we've booked a standard double room and the second time an executive studio :)

The bed was comfy; the balcony was very nice.

• Business Suite

Nothing can be better because everything was amazing!

The stuff was very friendly, they helped me about everything. ı feel so comfortable. The breakfast was also good, ı will visit this place again as soon as possible.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

I was charged extra for a supplementary bed (20 euros/ per night) considering that I have booked on line for 2+1 party and also two rooms in total; the use of sauna generates extra charges as well and generally speaking there are much better hotels within a mile range for much less (i.e. Crowne Plaza) The reservations manager cancelled by booking.com reservations (because there were no penalties incurred on my side) only so that he can rebook my travelling party (2 rooms in total) and charge me more and probably in doing so cashing in on some sort of commission himself. On a positive note, I am very happy with booking.com - using the online agency on a regular basis (a few times a year).

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

We were Charged 20 euros extra for supplementary bed, also there are extra charges for sauna (if used). My initial reservation with booking.com was cancelled (because I had ''no fee cancellation") only so that they can re-book me separately and charge me even more. I did not realise the con until it was too late. I arrived at 12:30pm at the hotel with a 7 year old child and needed two rooms for an additional adult. By that time it was too late to argue, we were too cold and tired to deal with this. Breakfast started one hour later (8am instead of 7am) which presented yet another inconvenience as we had a driver collecting us to take us to the mountains for skiing. The staff are all friendly but they will rip you off with a smile on their face. There are many excellent value 4* or 5* hotels in the area this is not worth it.

Location, fairly close to the airport.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

There was a wedding scheduled in the same night, the music was loud till late in the night. I guess this happens sometimes

Great service and kind staff, with a great location (splendid neighbourhood, close to the biggest park out there).

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Some rooms are too far away from the WIFI access points which makes the connection slow. Hope this will be improved because I will definitely return to this hotel.

Stylish, friendly personel, good food, parking possibility in front of the hotel, very nice classic room, an all over impression of quality and care for detail. This was my second stay here.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

The staff is slow.

The place is quite. I was in last floor and was very good. The room was confortable. The terrace is very good. The restaurant is good. The internet is good.

There was some Sunday night music show in the neighbor streets, a bit loud. Definitely not the hotel's fault.

Fast, polite, professional personnel. Excellent food, elegant interior - great ambience. Worth the value.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

We had a very comfortable stay here for 1 night, getting a good night's sleep before an international flight the next day. The staff was welcoming and helpful, the room was spacious and comfortable and we had a nice dinner in the hotel restaurant. Our breakfast the next morning was very good as well, with great variety of fresh foods.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Executive Studio

there is no service. restaurant staff totally untrained. only the booking agent in charge and the receptionists were lending a ear to our needs. food average. the cleanliness is way under a 4 star hotel standard (we changed 3 rooms because of fungus on the walls, smoking smell when we asked for a non smoking room for the kids, cockroaches in bathroom and unpleasant smell of sewage). the manager of the hotel didn' t do much about our complaints. all in all one of the worst 5 day stay ever. we will never book this hotel again nor recommend it to anyone.

the location was the only good thing about the hotel. there is a nice park close by with lots of playgrounds for kids.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

The spa wasn't open/available. The roof terrace wasn't open due to a wedding. There was no area other than reception to sit and have a drink. Very little atmosphere. Wasn't offered hot breakfast on first morning but was on second, don't know why.

The bedroom was very comfortable. The breakfast table was very varied and nice food on offer.

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

De room was no bigger than 12 square meters while it is advertised that is 24 . From the tiny bed of 80 cm you step into the bathroom. You can not use the air co if you sleep because it's 1 meter from your bed and if you leave the window open you hear all the constant trafic . Breakfast also very low budget.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

They have a saloon on 4th floor and they get weddings and meetings there. Loud music can be till late time. 2'nd floor air conditions became out of order I could not stay in the room even if the windows were open. I was leaving the hotel with my luggages at 01:00 after that they gave me a better room.

Nice Hotel. Location is in a quiet area of Town but close to Metro and a local park. Lots of places around to eat and drink.

Nice big bed and new bathroom with a big shower. Close to the Arc and the bus stop

Dinner menu was poor, Door next to bed, big key, room bar poorly stocked

breakfast, staff

Too expensive, no attention, broken chair, no tea/coffee/free drinking water in room

Clean, autentic romanian style

that the jacuzzi water was cold and i could not stay to relax.

the bed the bathroom the staff

A nice room with a really good bathroom.

Heavy furniture, small desk with no power plugs

Large and clean bathroom

I did not like the fact that the heating was not so good. I did not like the music in the Jacuzzi.

Clean and comfortable. Staff very nice.

Excellent breakfast !

The pillow

Nice room with excellent details

- problem with parking

- location and atmosphere

The staff was very kind.

Need of better informations and tourist support

Good location and friendly helpful staff

Location is in residential area so not many amenities nearby

Great terrace area, food is good

Breakfast ( buffet)was good value, the restaurant food was very good also.

nice hotel, we had a big room and the baby bed.

• Executive Studio

No room service menu in the room, have to call reception to get it. Strange and inconvenient. On top the dish I have ordered was not really good.

we would have liked a bath and no weddings

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Bed

The best location, very kind and professional staff

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Classy and relaxed

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Very good

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

Good breakfast , nice neighborhood

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

the proximity to the airport nice big room with spacious bathroom

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

Highly recommandable!

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

excellent breakfast very helpful staff

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

The roof terrace of the hotel was the best place I saw during my 1,5-day-stay in Bucharest. Great view, wine and atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2016

Breakfast selection was poor, and the days that I came down late, it didn't feel too fresh. There's a somewhat strange smell in the elevator and corridor, but not at all in the lobby or room.

Very nice staff, beautiful rooms and good food in restaurant. Location is actually quite good, walking distance to some really nice museums (Peasants Museum, Village Museum).

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

- This is a NightClub ?! Noisy parties all week-end long !! Keep out of this place - Don't be fooled by the beautiful pictures on the website. Access to the pool/spa and sauna was proposed for an extra fee of 80€ !! - Don't be fooled by the terrasse pictures. Impossible to go there ! - Breakfast supposed to be ready at 6.30am, finally partially ready at 7am

• Reviewed: 25 March 2016

There was no option whatsoever for linings orpillows - their pillows are impossibly soft and so is the mattress. Not a comfortable sleep - when will hotels eventually get it that it's a standard to have hard mattresses and extra soft layers as an option? Ahhh...

Breakfast was nice, plenty of options to choose from.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2015

Hospitality. Luxury and style. Reception staff with smile and exellent english. Parking place on request was waiting for me even I arrived late evening.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2015

restaurant - I do not recommend...I have ordered pasta with seafood and spent whole evening vommitting..literally I was not able to eat anything for another three days, so I only lived on tea...skipped also breakfast as I was too scared to eat anything else there again found beatles in bath-tub shame as this was not the first time I have visited this hotel but after this experience, probably the last time for me

I have been many times in this hotel and staff at reception is allways very nice and polite spacious room and bathroom

• Reviewed: 22 September 2015

We loved absolutely everything! We got married here on August 22nd. Everything about the hotel and our experience was amazing. The food was absolutely incredible!

• Reviewed: 5 September 2015

A lot of noise.Please ask before reservation if some gathering will happened in a hotel couse if it will you wouldn' t can sleep

Nothing Things are getting worse for this place

• Reviewed: 18 August 2015

We wanted to use the spa facilities on the afternoon of our arrival but would have had to wait 2 hours for the sauna and whirlpool to heat up.

The hotel itself was quite elegant and well appointed. Good first impression.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2015

The staff, inclusiv management smoke everywhere in the hotel, Reception and Restaurant as well, and dismissmed me every time I told them I am seriously bothered by the pervasive smoke and smell. They had ashtrays everywhere basically inviting people to smoke everywhere and made no effort whatsoever to prevent it. I have booked the most expensive apartment in the hotel and yet the air was filthy as the room was imbibed with tobacco smell. They tried to give me another room with similar comfort and yet it was equally bad. Absolutely unacceptable.

The entire hotel has a distinct aristocratic character and the rooms are absolutely beautiful. The rooftop terrace make a difference ... too bad this is all spoiled by the bad air and smell.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2015

Excellent interior design, clean and cozy room, quiet, good WiFi, nice people, good food, nice terrace. A good choice for business travel or family vacation.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2015

At 12AM we started hearing tables & chairs being moved nearby, which woke us up. After a call to reception, the noise went down a bit but picked up again. After a second call to reception it went on for another 10-15mins until finally subsiding. At which point a couple of people started talking really loudly in the lobby (?) which kept us up for another 30 mins. All in all seems like the walls are really thin in this place. Also, breakfast was sad, with bad service. We had to go to reception to ask if there's anything besides the lackluster buffet. Surprisingly there was, so we ordered scrambled eggs, which came out too salty & really small. Not something you'd expect from a 4-star place.

The room was nicely decorated, spacious, clean. We let them know beforehand we were checking in right after our wedding and we got rose petals on the bed.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2015

There are 3 things so this is why i couldn't give a full 10. First, the fact that the doors are not sound proof and you can hear the party from the restaurant, i stayed on the second floor, and the noise was not ok. Second, the curtains from the window, in our room, they were simply not long enough to cover the whole surface of the window and this was a little problem due to no 3 fact ... you have close neighbors so you can't have privacy, especially if the curtains are short. But if i can understand no 3 , no 1 and 2 can be solved by the management and i hope they will do that, because i am sure to return at Domenii, or to see their other hotels, they have great taste in design.

Beautiful interior design. Classic...but also modern, very good design i repeat, very fashion and elegant, from the lobby, to the halls and the rooms. Bellboy was great, took the luggage from the car, and we found it in our room. I have seen a lot of 4 star hotels in EU, but this one ...is in my top 3, really .Great room, big, bathroom also , very big, bathtub like a small jacuzzi, bath rope, slippers, great ambiental light, and more.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2015

Maybe the gym would be a great plus; yet the free sauna, spa and jacuzzi do just fine for couple of days.

Great hotel and friendly staff! It is located in the centre of the city. Good breakfast, they have a very good restaurant with nice balcony and amazing breathtaking view. We received a free up, a beautiful apartment with a big terrace at the same price as a standard room. I recommend it!

There are also 60 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.