Reviews of RIN Central Hotel 4 stars

55A Traian Street, Sector 3, 030573 Bucharest, Romania

#130 of 220 hotels in Bucharest

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I had to go 5 times to reception to change the room key until they realize that the door is blocked. Than they placed me in a smoking room and I had to go back to ask for an other room.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

a bit of a moldy smell in the hotel all-together. Staff in the restaurant not very polite... the breakfast items were not very fresh.. but it was ok. We were told that we would pay Eur321 in romanian lei, but when our card was charged, the price we paid was Eur336. When we asked the reception why was that, they showed us a notice board that stated the day's currency exchange and told us that's what they used in the transaction and did not show us the actual transaction and basically blamed our bank. Still not sure what happened there.

comfortable beds, rooms were nice, everyday cleaning.

• Classic Double Room

We have made the reservation via booking, they didn't knew about the reservation, they didn't knew about the breakfast paid. They wanted to charge us double for breakfast. My advice- more training with the staff

nice room

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff was unfriendly... they didnot know to tell u how to take the free shuttle for THERMA SPA... and we find it by ourselves. The 3rd day we had to ask for a map and the one receptionist eas asking the other to show us directions... For a 4 star hotel they did not have a kettle for tea or coffee and glasses for water... at the minibar the water of 250 ml was 9 lei!!! The area was near the center but in a rather narrow neighbourhood. Also the hotel was too expensive. The charge breakfast 10 euro per person per night! That is extraordinary expensive for Bucharest.

Clean and comfortable room

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The stuff was friendly,and helpful specially the front desk manager ( Georgiana) and all the stuff Comfortable Very clean Perfect,perfect and perfect

• Room Selected at Check In

They should inform the guests that the drinks from minibar which is in the room it’s not free

Wasn’t happy when I been asked if i consume drinks from minibar from my room .they should inform me that they’re not free I just had the water from the minibar .all good nice location thank you team of rin hotel

• Room Selected at Check In

The restaurant is awful. The food is bad and we are talking about a 4* hotel.

The hotel is in a very good location, great value of the money. Perfect for 1-2 nights.

• Room Selected at Check In

For a 4 star central hotel it’s kind of cheap quality The rooms didn’t have central control of the room temp And when i requested an iron they told me that none is available and i would have to wait foe the next day to get one

The parking lot was ok

I did book two rooms as one set. It was my fault that i did not check if breakfast is included. It was writteln that included. As it happened it was included only in one room. I was surprised unpleasantly Nevertheless the hotel is quiet good. Can recommend

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast can be improved. Breakfast options are more or less identical from day to day, choices and food quality are acceptable but not wow. Overall hospitality as well. We we charged for consuming two bottles of water, instead of only one just because we took the bottles out of the fridge to make room for something else.

The bed was really comfortable, pillows were somewhat small though. Location is solid, not too close to the old town to walk but well connected by bus lines also for other parts of the city and other connection lines.

• Classic Double Room

The staff decided to play music at a DJ level during the night echoing through the halls and when that finally stopped the front desk had what I can only assume is their family arrive and hangout til the morning. About 5 screaming kids running around and yelling in the halls.

• Classic Double Room

I was expecting a warmer behavior from the receptionists of the Hotel. Once we arrived we only were given the room card and nothing more was said. I am used to being given some tips and a more smiley attitude. But when I asked they replied to my questions. So we had no problem. By foot the distance from the City Center was 30 minutes. By bus just 10'.

The breakfast was very delicius and fresh! Great variety of food! The room was clean and comfortable.

• Room Selected at Check In

The breakfast costs too much, too hot in the room - when I turned off the radiator it started leaking, the garbage bin was full, the TV didn't work, the toilette did not working properly, I handed a list to the reception with all this and they didn't say nothing!

the bed was comfortable and the room was silent

• Room Selected at Check In

Coffee and tea facilities were not available in room ,this would have been nice

Staff were very friendly and helpful ,good selection of sat channels was able to watch premiership matches

• Room Selected at Check In

Would have been nice to have Tea/coffee facilities lies in room, rather than a bar.

The staff were excellent. Not much actually close to Hotel but not too much of a problem. The 133 bus stops right out side Hotel goes directly to train station, for those wanting to go to Brasov area.

• Room Selected at Check In

Customer service - to be learned from other hotels

Entrance: Unfortunately, didnt like anything. 12 steps to climb with our suitcases! No lift; No boys to help !! Inside: Not even a kettle to make a cup of coffee.

• Classic Double Room

If you´re going to go by public transport it´s 20 minutes away from the nearest underground station. Some areas around it are dark and lonely in the night. There was an event in the restaurant with loud music and I understand hotels make business with that. but having noise until late in the night in a place intended for resting travellers it´s a bit incongruous for me. They were three floors below my room and I could perfectly hear the music and the comments from the DJ.

Very modern facilities and very kind and proffesional staff.

• Room Selected at Check In

When I followed up with reception to double-check the pre-booked massage for the evening was still on, the person on shift was not able to check this. When I asked to please receive an update during the course of the day, I was seriously told that this was not possible as the hotel does not have free minutes and that I as a hotel guest should call the hotel instead. I recommend to improve the perception of customer service.

Friendly and helpful staff at the breakfast buffet and overall also at reception; hotel was walking distance to city centre.

• Classic Double Room

Air conditioning had a bad smell to it. Other guests were very noisy and had a big argument on the hallway at 4AM. Smoking everywhere in the hotel. Ok price for what it offered.

• Classic Double Room

It is not in the city centre as described in the location, to reach the Old City you need to walk 40 minutes through industrial zones

It is a standard business hotel, everything ok but not more

A bit pricey The biggest issue was with my laundry. The hotel book in the room states (on page 23) that if I turn my laundry in by 9am it will be back by 7pm. I turned it in at 7am and did not get it back until after 8:30 am the next day. I had to change my reservations because I did not have my laundry back as is stated in the book. The clerks was uninterested in the fact that the hotel book states it should be returned the same day.

It was a decent hotel room. The hotel did accommodate me for showing up late when my car broke down.

• Classic Double Room

Breakfast was expensive and very bad for a 4star hotel, and the recepcion employees were unhelpfull and rude except for the one working at night who was nice

Good bedroom and bathroom

• Room Selected at Check In

Quite outdated, old furniture and bed.

Location I guess because it showed it was in the centre of Bucharest however when we went out to a restaurant nearby by foot it was a but scary as the streets were not lit. However we only stayed there when coming from the going to the airport was it was not a big of a deal. They allowed late check out which was nice. Parking was guarded and reception was 24h which is convenient.

• Classic Double Room

The area, was not suitable for night walking even though it's close to the centre. The parking man asking for a tip for each time parking

Nice and clean room, friendly staff

• Room Selected at Check In

AC didn't work. This is really more of a business hotel quite far away of the old town where you can get food and drinks. It was ok, but I wouldn't go there anymore.

Free private parking right in front of the hotel.

• Room Selected at Check In

rooms could have been slightly bigger. for two peoples with two big pieces of luggage, 2 carry-ons and two laptops it got fast pretty crowded. bathroom could use some redesign of the sink, and maybe addition of extra shelving or hooks.

Great location close to a couple beautiful restaurants, mostly excellent staff. AC unit in the room amazingly efficient while very quiet.

• Room Selected at Check In

No tea or coffee making facilities in the room. Hotel not exactly 'central' to the Old Town. I needed a taxi as I have a problem walking distances.

Breakfast was good, staff very polite and friendly.

• Classic Double Room

Everything was just fine. Had a very good stay, the room was perfect for the price and the stuff are very kind and offered us additional hour of stay free of charge , cause we had a very difficult and long way to the hotel and needed a good rest. Would definitely recommend to anyone for a good stay in Bucharest.

• Classic Double Room

The walls and the carpet were stained and dirty. The curtains were ripped and touched by cigars. The room was smelly. There was just one person shower although was a junior suite room. The bathrooms were also ripped and old. The staff was weird. There was a poor new girl who was rushed by this guy who did not seem very nice. We asked to move to another room because our first room looked just filthy. We payed extra 90 euro for two nights.

The hotel was 23 minutes walk to the centre of Bucharest. Bathroom looked ok.

• Room Selected at Check In

The location is not very far away from the city centre but there are a few abandoned buildings really close which makes the area around a bit dodgy even at daytime. I guess there are people who have a rooster in the area, we were able to hear it a few times in the morning.

The rooms were fine and clean.

• Room Selected at Check In

The room was fine even though a bit small. Somehow I was put in a smoker's room so there was a bit of a smell of stale smoke which bothered me for a short time. I would have given a higher score but I expected a bit more from a 4-star hotel.

The staff were friendly and spoke good English. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the shower was great.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Room Selected at Check In

SSH was blocked on the wifi, and the ethernet port in my room did not work, which made working from the hotel room difficult.

The room was nice and clean.

• Classic Double Room

The location was not as central as described. If you arrive with heavy luggage or if you are an older person, there are many steps and no help in order to reach the reception. The room was very small. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Room Selected at Check In

The carpet looked dirty enough to become bothering and had a lot of spots on it and there was a very strange sound coming from the conditioner that woke me up like 3 times during the night.

The bathroom was very clean and the bed sheets had a very good smell.

• Room Selected at Check In

Some drinks in menu weren't available in restaurant. When we asked for dessert they told us that we should wait because they should serve a group first.

Staff was very good, helpful and polite.

• Classic Double Room

Access to main entry the client should carry the laguages over 15 steps. NO RAMP. How 4* hotel has building permit and no ramp. Answer is simple the owner is the mayor of the district. For aging clients with baggage is not easy to climb so many steps.

• Room Selected at Check In

sunday morning , someone vacuum at 8? the room is in the corner ,so noise if there r cars outside to start...not good soundproof. hotel doesnt have plug adaptor.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I didn't liked the receptionist telling me I had to pay in advance when this is not announce when booking the room. Afterward he retreat this request. Also internet was not good enough to run skype meeting or other conference tools.

• Room Selected at Check In

The answer of the reception staff (about Romanian money): asking if it was good to give to the taxi driver an amount of 50 RON for the amount asked 5,16 RON. I received the answer: it was OK. In fact, I gave more money, as 50 RON was almost 9 times of the normal price for the taxi driver. I forgot the real money value and I made a mistake when I calculated the amount. Romanian taxi drivers are not honest with their clients.

Hotel Design inside.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Classic Double Room

the elevator music in the restaurant was terrible and to compound this it was too loud!! Not enough plugs in room for computer phone etc

Good breakfast and staff very helpful

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Classic Double Room

I need it urgently an iPhone charger and they had but they were very suspicious about it.

I had a good sleep and the place is constant in cleanliness and comfort.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

• Classic Double Room

I have booked double bed room for me and also for my friend. They gave us twin single beds room. And the guy in the reception was arguing with me that single beds are also comfortable as the double one. So he is deciding what you want. After 15 mins of arguing they changed just one room and they said they will change other room in the other day. But they didnt even mentioned. I wouldnt recommend.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

- Not very close to subway (~30 min walking)

+ Very respectful and nice 4* hotel + Nice room with enough space + Quality bed + Good WiFi connection + Helpful guys at reception + Grocery shop nearby

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Classic Double Room

I would not recommend walking to the hotel at night. Nor taking the cab, if you're not 100% sure the taxi company is legit. Uber, if you can. The view from the hotel is bad. Just keep the curtains closed.

The city center is a 25 minute walk from the hotel. The rooms are clean and the room service is nice.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Nothing worth mentioning.

The breakfast is excellent with a wide selection. It is a 15’ walk to down-town. If you like walking, you will enjoy it since the pavements are really wide. The mattress and quilt are very comfortable and the room temperature just right. Bathroom and amenities all good. Very happy overall. Highly recommended if you have a car since parking is available at the hotel and in the surrounding area.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Very comfortable and clean room, witjjn a walking distance to the Old Town and other attractions. I stayed only 1 night so I can't give any details

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

It would have been better if there was a kettle and some complimentary coffee or tea in the room as offered in most of the similar hotels.

Generally speaking almost everything was good. I recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

-Price -Distance -Pay for using minibar -No breakfast included For this price you can find a lot of hotel near the center.This one was a little bit far away to walk(not so little).Anyway if you find a good taxi you can pay also 15 or 20 lei to go there(in the night you need it).

Hotel was a good one,about room,and quality.You have television with lot of channels plus a good bathroom and comfort bed. For airport hotel give you a possibility to call a taxi from a blocked price (45lei).It is a good price,but without traffic you can pay 15 lei less with the normal tariff. +elegance +comfort +wifi

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Room Selected at Check In

smelly room, the fist one smelled as an astray, even i asked non smoking room. when changed the other room smelled like broken toilet! dirty moquette

the private parking with security.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Everything was good.

15 minutes from Unirii Square. The hotel is very clean, rooms are properly heated and beds are comfortable. Staff is nice and discreet.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Classic Double Room

in the night of arrival ( Oct 24 th ) there was nobody at reception , after making a bit of noise , a young guy appear checked us in , and in my room for 2 was only one pair of flip flops , one big tower , one bathrobe. Also when I turned the AC ON a moldy , stinky horrible smell came out of it. Last but not least the shower was the worst , no matter what you do , water would come out of it , making all the space around it very slippery.

Silvia at reception was very friendly and helpful. The option of late check-out was excellent with my schedule.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Shower somewhat small. Reception employees were inconsistent about wanting to help answer concerns or questions. The female employees were far more helpful than males.

Access to computer in lobby. Comfortable bed and great water pressure.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

TV don't work, no parking spot, ordered a double room with queen bed get a room with double small bed !! Is the second time when I can not entry in the room with the card and no parking spot at the hotel, even if I ask for that !!

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

• Room Selected at Check In

we had twin beds. the beds were not comfortable. and it was very very hot under the blanket. also the pillow was air proof or something like that. i didn't sleep almost the 2 nights i been there. used air conditioner didn't help

a walk away from the old city. so location is very nice. rooms were clean. nice shower.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

-walls are too thin- you can hear literally everything people say in the room next to yours -if you're given a room next to the elevator, expect elevator noise, plus people chatting in front of your door, while waiting for the elevator.

-the staff is helpful -the room is big, clean and comfortable -breakfast is rich and tasty

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

The hotel is generally tired in decor and maintenance and in need of a facelift. The images on the website must've been taken sometime ago when the hotel was in better shape. My room, although kept clean by housekeeping (which was a good) had a heavily stained and worn carpet which wasn't nice to look at. Also the lifts could be heard in my room going up and down at all times of the evening and disturbed my sleep from 11pm through to the early hours. Some of the guests were very noisy returning to their rooms and took pleasure in slamming the doors!?

Location was fairly central and easy to find by the Uber cabs I used to get around. Food was of a good standard/variety but could've been served hotter.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The parking man was very unpolite from the beginning, the receptionists didn't seem to be bothered by our complaints, and the door of our room had a stain of coffee. The hotel is noisy, you can hear everything from the other room.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

I booked a suite, and they gave me a standard room instead. The person in charge was dishonest, and tried to convince me that the standard room was actually a suite! They wasted about 20 minutes of my time before adimiting that I got the wrong room. The receptionist was too rude to even say sorry about the inconvenience . This is the last time I book with them

The location was good

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

I never stayed in the room with so dirty floor covering-:( it was extremely dirty!!!! I would invite Manager of this hotel to stay one night in the room we stayed without protective footwear.. I recommend cleaning more frequently if this hotel wants to have the guests coming back again and again!

Excellent food, WiFi, parking place

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Rude staff on our last night at reception. Got smoking room instead of non-smoking, dirty bathroom with ash all over, rooms very cramped.

Alex at reception on the day we arrived was very understanding, helpful and patient. Good breakfast . Due to a confusion with our booking he got us a free ride to the airport

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It hasn't been easy for me to set a proper temperature in the night. The room was almost warm.

The breakfast was rich. I got eggs and bacon, and also a tasteful coffee, which I really needed.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Although we asked for a quiet room we received a room where one could very loudly hear the outside unit of the AC system, probably from the next room. Two of them were right under our window. Fortunately we had some earplugs with us. When we arrived, in the evening, we asked for an iron. They said they had several but none of them was available and could do nothing about it. Luckily, next day in the morning we found a cleaning lady who provided us with an iron. When we arrived at the restaurant to have breakfast we were told we had no breakfast included although we had already paid for it. They double checked and found out that we actually had a breakfast included. The parking spots are very narrow. Be prepared to pay for the entire stay at arrival.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

The shower just seemed to accumulate water quite fast. Around the hotel it is quite dingy though which may be a turnoff but once you walk 5 minutes away it's fine.

Our room had a large queen bed that was EXTREMELY comfortable. The best sleep we had in Romania. The room also had an armoire, some drawers and a desk with a chair. It also had a tv with lots of channels. At night we watched a bit of the olympics. The room also had an A/C unit which was very much appreciated. We were on the second floor so we didn't have a good view but we were able to check on our car from the window. The bathroom was spacious and had a large shower. The water pressure was great and no problems with water temperatures either. The location was quite good. About a 20-25 minute walk to the palace.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Wi-fi was extremely slow and practically useless, I had to use the public PC with a cable connection at the Reception, to read emails. Breakfast was way too expensive (like a good lunch in a local restaurant). The street noise is a bit disturbing, unless you keep the windows closed.

Very clean, very well-equipped bathroom, all toiletries provided (including a bathrobe!), good quiet air-condition.

• Reviewed: 18 June 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

- see photo - view from the window - the hotel looks a little old (inside)

- good breakfast - free Wi-Fi, working ok in the room - clean room - very friendly staff - quiet location - free parking with 24h surveillance

• Reviewed: 18 June 2016

Nothing..everything for me is perfect.

The room that i got in this hotel looks junior suites room.and the price is affordable..and the staffs are friendly,they organized me a short tour to the castles that day.

• Room Selected at Check In

moquette datata camere poco isolate

staff reception

• Classic Double Room

Good but could be better.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything ok, but the area where the Hotel is located is not the best one, fortunately moving with Taxis is quite cheap.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Good location in the city.

Toilet paper was missng. Lucky we had tisue paper

Toilet paper was missng. Lucky we had tisue paper

• Room Selected at Check In

Meals could be better - food not hot

Quiet room and easy for bus to airport

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The breakfast can be improved

Nothing at all

The stuff is so friendly Location is very nice Room is super clean Totally is very comfortable

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No coffee making facilities in room

Browse RIN Central Hotel traveller photo gallery