Reviews of RIN Grand Hotel 4 stars

7D Vitan-Barzesti Str., Sector 4, 042121 Bucharest, Romania

#144 of 220 hotels in Bucharest

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Phoned for room service at 2250. Was told in no uncertain terms that there wasn't any, despite the leaflet in the room stating it was available until 2300h. When I pointed this out, I was again told very sternly there wasn't any, no apology or anything.

Comfortable bed. Clean room. Quiet. Air conditioning was very good.

To far from everything. Really not much around. Taxi ride to everything worth seeing.

Clean and well maintained property. The Staff were friendly and helpful.

Room service only until 23 o'clock. It should be operational at least until 2 o'clock.

The best hotel in Bucharest. We are constantly impressed by the high level of services offered by this hotel. We have been loyal customers for more than nine years and have not been disappointed at this time. The rooms are well-equipped, highly qualified staff, impeccable breakfast, excellent spa area. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

missing of chairs in smoking area (outside right) you don't have a possibility to buy some drink water in the pool area, for that you must go up to the wellness reception.

the hotel is huge, professional staff, friendly, i had a good standard room, a lot of shops and restaurants, good food.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff are very rude. Sauna comes on extra charge which wasn't expensive (10 euro per 24 hours) but it must be for free for people who stay at the hotel.

Comfy bed and overall the hotel is made of quality material and furnature.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The valets threatened to call the police on us 2 different times and harassed us 2-3 times a day for temporarily parking where we were told to park. We stayed 5 days and the harassment was every day. The handicap bathroom was terrible and we had a massive water mess to clean up after every shower of our handicapped father.

The location was close to family and house keeping was very helpful.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The air conditioning system doesn't work well, bad smell inside the room, nothing for free inside the room even a bottle of water ! you have to pay for any service you want, they didn't give me free extra 2 hours for being Genius " Frequent Traveller " at check out!! and they refused my request for that even I just I checked in very late on 1:00am

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The price for breakfast. I'd rather liked "a la carte", I don't eat too much for breakfast.

The room is ok, large enough, clean, view to the Vacaresti Delta. Receptionist very friendley, efficient advice about park and mall.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Firstly, I was very taken back by the awful welcome we had when attending this hotel. The front of house staff (Nina!) was very rude publicly and although witnessed by management this was not dealt with. The stay continued to get worse by the following points.. - The bed was extremely hard and changed very late into the day - I had to pay extra for the swimming pool based in the hotel even though we were staying there and all meals were booked with the hotel - Its in the middle of nowhere!!! no food shops anywhere the hotel booked a taxi to get into town but getting back was a nightmare - The food was served cold in the banquet hall and was not very tasty - Closing times of the hotel services changed daily with no notice Overall the decor of the hotel was the only thing that was true to it's status. I will not be returning to this hotel and will also not recommended it to anyone. It put me off Romania!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

- Location is very bad, far from the center and any attraction sites, the price is relatively very high for both location and service provided. - Room was smelling bad from AC (literally like urine smell) i had to change it 4 times and still it wasn’t good, i would have left the hotel but there was a storm out. - Staff are really careless and the receptionist who did my booking was very rude, had to call them few times when i need anything, i was even told by the receptionist to come down as they are busy to deliver the key to my room( i needed a new key because mine stopped working). - The pool was ok but the jacuzzi water was very dirty, no towels at the pool, not recommended for kids and elders; no life guard by the pool and the floor is really slippery. - No complementary water and no mini bar, I ordered water and had to pay 12 lei for small water which is ridiculous even when u compare it to other same level hotels as They use their location being away and you have no other choice except buying from the hotel. - No early check in available free of charge, and even it was 11,30 still the receptionist asked me to pay 30 euros if i want the room for this half an hr ( very ridiculous) as she consider this half an hr early check in( i had a long journey and was dead tired). - I got the feeling that this hotel takes the guest as a chance to get more money neglecting any basic standards a hotel should provide. - To sum up, this was by far the worst experience i had in a hotel (not just in Bucharest), i Do not recommend this hotel at all i wonder how they even got their stars i saw a hostels provide much higher service than RIN hotel. - I had to mention that the mr. Dumitrel was really nice and helpful.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Need more attention in the morning during breakfast. More people on the floor to clean the tables.Guest must be seated on the clean table.I saw one girl while was using the spray to sanitize the table with the salt and pepper on top.

Nice and good looking.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Some Staff could have been friendlier Bathroom floor very slippery when wet. I fell in bathroom on first night. No kettle in room, difficulty in getting hot drinks

Room was comfortable

• Standard Double or Twin Room

For a this type of hotel they even does not put a complementary water to the room. WiFi signal was too weak to connect and when you wanna have a cab you have to wait too long and I had to find my taxi by myself. Hotel is far away from city centre and they r not helpful about taxi.

Room was really big, comfortable and clean.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

A bit too huge, didn't really like the mini shopping mall inside, it's really a business center, nothing romantic about it

Huge hotel with an excellent breakfast

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The decor is quite old fashioned and it is far out of the city. The other problem is that they charged me the full amount on the day of arrival and then again the amount I should have paid on check out. It meant I had a lot of money going out on my credit card before the bank realised what was happening. It took about a week before I could use my card again, a bit old fashioned really.

The staff were friendly and it was generally a good place to stay.

Front desk didn’t find my reservation with my name. I had to look back on my emails and find the confirmation. I deleted by mistake my confirmation email but luckily I forwarded it to a family member.

Swimming pool was excellent

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We had to buy our own toilet rolls throughout our stay. No coffee in room and most staff were complacent. Doormen stood chatting to each other but not opening doors. Reception staff reluctant to help. Not one staff smiles. They didn’t seem happy to be there. May look good but there is no warmth or feeling here - just interested in money.

• Delta View Room - Superior Room

Carpet in room (delux!) was dirty, stains everywhere. You have to pay extra for swimming pool and sauna, even as a guest. There is no free water in room! Room that's is advertised as deluxe with view on lake is actually very small and most of the view is a wall of this hotel. Not worth the price. Breakfast made me sick, two times, and I have strong stomach. I eat street food in China many times - never had problem, till this breakfast in hotel. Also during breakfast is hard to find free spot, hundreds of people there. Hotel is just crowded. Rooms are not sound proof, people are having parties on corridor and other rooms and you have to listen to it.

Very professional and helpful staff. Also 24h/d open swimming pool is a nice thing. To bad you have to pay extra for it. ATM and small shoping mall inside hotel.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The pool was to crowded at certain point,and a bit expensive .

Just one night stay,but was very nice. From reception to restaurant,all the staff was wonderful.The room was very clean .For sure i will come back.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Although I had the "DO NOT DISTURB" sign on display, the housekeeping staff tried to enter my room twice while I was sleeping. I was very upset about that.

Great hotel, good breakfast, large parking building.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

This hotel made checking in so difficult and stressful, they were grumpy and rude. Woken at 7.30 am by the maid to clean the room!

The pool was nice and the room was satisfactory.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

A bit complicated to get up from the parking.

Comfortable, clean room. Helpful staff. The breakfast is really nice. Wellness is very good, the pool arra is a bit crowded. In total a very good hotel on really reasonable price.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The ac was not working properly in the room even if we put on max it was cold. On booking they post pictures about the wellness but they didnt mentioned its extra charge. The wellness is 24 hours which is great just i dont know when they clean than?! In weekend was more people ofc and the jakuzzi was full with dirty foam.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was nice and comfy. I loved the deco in the lobby. There was some things which we didnt like but in the end was a nice stay.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Facilities (such as gym etc) advertised are at additional costs (10 euros per person) and are run separate from the hotel. Staff barged into rooms 2 seconds after knocking. Lack of respect of privacy is concerning. Breakfast at an additional 10 euros per person served canned mushrooms and fruit. Almost felt like a budget airline offering additional services for a fee. To call it a 4 star hotel is overly generous. For this price and lack of service, you would be better off at a hostel.

Clean

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Personel was impolite , rooms were smely and it was very noisy

It was so noisy so we need to change the room at 3am. A party was going on and the music was so loud it was imposible to sleep

The staff are EXTREMELY Racist. Although I think this is a common trend with people from here which was a huge let down.

Everything to do with the rooms were awesome, very nice. Breakfast was also great.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

all the added extras such as 10 Euro per person per day to use the swimming pool. this was not mentioned in any of the hotel description. added 80euros to my son and myselfs bill. also £15 to use the pool table. felt totally fleeced

very nice looking hotel

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Pool access not included in booking and website not making it clear. Tang hotel in advance and they confirmed hotel guests free acces just to turn up at Reception and be charged for using the pool. Very dissatisfied with that matter.

Lovely Christmas preparation.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Reception staff rude, dismissive, unhelpful and abrupt. Additional charges for use of facilities including swimming pool! Egg shells found in scrambled eggs every morning. Food not kept hot. Situated in an industrial area, grey, rundown and away from any decent places to eat.

Grand reception and swimming pool

• Standard Double or Twin Room

the receptionist did not tell me about the massage at the hotel (although I asked about it...this is unbelieveble) and the mini-bar was empty in the room , (I later understood that she had to ask me if I wanted a minibar in the room). She made the experience not very nice

comfortable room, good breakfast, polite staff ... except the receptionist who hosted me

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Quite far from the centre of Bucharest so had to get taxis everywhere! Wouldn't be a bad thing in the summer months though!

Very helpful staff, large clean, comfy rooms. Excellent room service. Very nice hotel.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

I receive a smoking room where it was impossible to breath ,i change the room with a non smoking room but was the same smell of cigarets.

Excelent services and facilities ,frendly perssonel,good restaurant . . And SPA

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The reception lady was not polite. She refused to give a key for my room before I pay. Also she didn’t offer me any services like to leave my baggage or to use lobby bar or the restaurant. This is the first time when I am in a hotel and have such bad situation. I was sitting three hours with my baggage in the lobby. In all of hotels when I was before, payment before departure was allowed. Nobody wanted from me to pay obligatory before entering the room. A strange hotel policy- even I was made my reservation during booking.com.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The worst hotel experience in Romania, reception service very bad, breakfast just so so, first check in gave me one room with empty mini bar, I have to change the room again, the restaurant serving is very slow, laundry can get back the next day after 10 am, too late, will never stay in this hotel again. not recommend.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

If breakfast had bit more food choices that would have been helpful.

Very helpful staff , hotels has all basic facilities.Great comfy beds , nicely illuminated rooms.Good choice on TV channels.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was a little bit expensive, but it was good.

The hotel is very big and it is my favorite place in Bucharest. The hotel has a very big parking and this is great for those, who are traveling by car. The staff is extremely kind, especially one of the ladies on reception desk - Roxana. Special admirations to her for her professionalism. The rooms are very comfortable and the bathroom is big enough. The internet is stable and fast. Everything was perfect.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was very crowded with people.

The property has very good amount of services including swimming pool with hammam and good gym. Rooms are very big, clean and cozy. Generally hotel is much better than the others in its price range (with discounts).

It's not close to the downtown and getting a taxi is a nightmare, very busy road.

Very nice hotel with good restaurant, good ground floor bar and an overall quality of services.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I had to change rooms after first night because of very strong smell of cigarettes - especially when the air conditioning was on. The hotel receptionist changed the room very quickly but it was a nuisance to pack up and move. All rooms are supposed to be non smoking, but there was an ash tray n the room! Also would have liked tea making facilities in the room.

The room was comfortable, clean and very spacious. Bed was super king size and very comfortable. All good

We didn't have proper Wi-fi connection in our room - only close to the interference. In addition, there was no facility or terrace for smoking, we always had to leave the hotel for that!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I think someone in one of the other rooms were smoking in the bathroom. Because when I came in the room, it was like someone smoked in the bathroom!

The receptionist was so helpful and welcoming. I did asked for an Iron and not even 5 min later, there was an Iron and a board in my room.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The parking is a bit weird, you take a ticket on entering the parking, when you want to exit you have to go to the hotel reception with the ticket to exchange it with a blank ticket that you will you to exit the parking, however there is quite a bit of distance from the reception to the parking, basically opposite ends on the building. If you do it once, it's ok, if however you will do it a couple of times, as we did, it gets annoying.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The area is an industrial type area with a grocery store within walking distance. Nothing else close.

The rooms were ok. Lots of shops off the lobby. Just not a tourist friendly area. More industrial

• Standard Double or Twin Room

They should provide lactose free products for breakfast and cheaper shuttle bus for airport, train station and city center.

The breakfast is very good but would be appreciated the inclusion of lactose free products. The SPA is very nice and 24h/24h, bed are really confortable and rooms really clean.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Not enough parking so no free parking at the property. Expected a better breakfast. Booked a room on the upper floor/s and didn't receive it

Very nice room and pleasant staff

• Standard Double or Twin Room

You need to pay extra money to use the pool, to eat or just play biliard

Very good breakfast, with a lot of choices. Great bed, really comfortable. We use uber and it was easy to catch drivers Very clean The shower had good streem and was very clean Also there is an air conditioning

• Special Offer - Standard Double or Twin Room with Spa Acces

As we booked with the Spa facilities, we could notice the difference between the Spa and the Hotel itself when it comes to the service with the guests: the Spa is not as friendly as the Hotel, which we found a pity, because it is a service that should be relaxing and welcoming, but in the end, it was not that nice. In the contrary, the facilities themselves were perfect.

Breakfast was very complete, with lots of different kinds of bread, cheeses, jams, fruits, juices and hot drinks. Food was also delicious, especially the scrambled eggs with mushrooms. The Staff from the breakfast Restaurant and at the Reception were also very client-friendly. For the parking, it is also a very big one, with lots of parking lots and the system is very easy and costless.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

1) Bathroom issues: the shower didn't close very well so the floor got all wet 2) For an European Country should be more neutral: next to the bed there is the new testemant...personally don't think this is very welcoming to other religions and non religious people. 3) they are not the best hosts: we decided to have dinner at the restaurant and we entered 45m before it closure. We only had the opportunity to order one time because they closed our bill without asking if we wanted anything else always giving us "the look" and sharing unwanted looks among staff. It was a little upsetting and personally I would prefer that they didn't accept us for dinner that night. 4) No fruit diversity at breakfast: only had fresh oranges and melon. The rest is can fruit which had tonnes of sugar. 5) the parking lot is small and sometimes you have to leave the parking lot and get in again hoping for a spot.

It is a good hotel with good services and facilities. Everything was clean at all times and we had no major worries. Breakfast has variety of food and you can park for free.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It was not my first time in this Hotel and it is very likely,that I will take it again.I like the spacious and clean rooms and the friendly staff, who made my stays very uncomplicated.I like the small shop inside, offering snacks, water and other drinks. It is ideally located for my local colleague, to pick me up very early in the morning. That's why I can't say anything about the breakfast.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The location, and misleading name. The title "Grand" is pertinent to the grotesque size of the establishment rather than any glamour or extravagance.

The price was reasonable.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It was a terrible choice for our and everything was disappointment. For example, even though you do not use the mini bar in your room, you should pay 20 Euro due to offering an open minibar possibility. I do not want to think if you use the mini bar what you need to pay!! On the other hand, if you say that you do not want to use mini bar, a staff comes suddenly and locks the mini bar when you just arrived your room. I did not see anything like this over worldwide. Breakfast was very weak and did not renewed continuously. If you are late, you will be exactly hungry. As a final remark, this hotel does not a good choice. I wish I stayed at a hotel at Old Town.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Your staff is there for us and not the other way round! They need a lot of training to understand that being rude and having an attitude problem is a big no no in the hospitality business. People make the place especially in front of house and key positions!

Even I've reserved a suite, I was given a standard room. After driving 10 hours, with a tired toddler, it was the last thing we wanted to face, going down and repeat the boarding process, especially with the hotel fully booked and the elevators heavily used by the guests (mainly judokas). The story wasn't ended, one more, I had to go down to the Reception to ask for toilet paper, the room being unprepared from this point of view. Also, the hotel isn't reading the requests I've made on booking, meaning having a quiet room, receiving for the second time the closest suite to the elevators. Really annoying noise.... I've complained abut it in my previous comment and the hotel management did nothing about it. Thanks for the good time I had with you guys, I've been the guest of Rin Grand Hotel or Rin Airport for about 10 times, but I'm thinking at trying something else from now on, like Hotel Cismigiu.

My wife left the phone in restaurant, the waiter was very nice, running after us with it. We had the dinner, good food, but expensive, comparable with the previous 5* hotel we stayed in Greece. The accommodation price though was really good.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff is like generals at the army..they dont know how to smille.the restaurent that serve breakfast is dearty.bad colors of furniture.staff is very rood..no body speaks english..two of them i saw them looking at the women in a bad way...guality of food at breakfast is very law..they dont give you any choice of chossing what to eat..the hotel should be a two stars hotel not more than that.

Nothing at all

• Standard Double or Twin Room

the indoor pool area is impossible to be in. the stores in the mall were always close.

great restaurant for dinner. breakfast is not that amazing (3/5 stars for me)

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was cold and very poor. Servise came to my room twice without any invitation. Mini bar was closed. Dirty bathroom. View from my room on the picture.

Park place un

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Not included is the spa and the Fitness rooms. Some elevators dont work

Great breakfast, some workers are in Bad mood. Room was huge, Hotel very clean and new.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

On the bright side, the sheets were perfectly white. The carpet looks dated both on the hallways and the room, and there's also a very thin smell in the room that suggests a refresh or an AC clean-up. The AC had some additional clinking noise. The parking is rather tight, but that's not the worst part, if you have luggage, you have a long trip form the multi-story parking to the reception which includes stairs (despite having an elevator). The parking it's at the other side of the hotel. I took the trip back through the outside, just as a car, and I was able to use the luggage wheels which don't work on stairs.

The staff was very professional both at the reception and in the restaurant.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Booked so I could use the spa and healthsuite. Was told after paying for room that pool ect costs an extra 10eur per person per day, it was closed for four hours that night. They expected 20eur for us to use it for 30mins and duty manager (roxana)was rude about it. In an isolated area of the city. Beware of concierge hiring taxis.

Nice room.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Wifi was pretty poor in my room, the "games room" was a ping pong table and pool table which was always locked. It was safe for children, but not really a hotel for children.

The view from the room was very nice. The food in the restaurants were also terrific. Staff were helpful and accommodating.

I specifically asked for quiet suite in the reservation form, we received the one adjacent to the elevators. Bad smells in the restroom.

Cosy bed, affordable prices. It became our home while passing through Bucharest.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The cleaning service starts so early , almost 7:30 in the morning so their loudy voice make you wake up, and even they mistakenly enter your room when you are in bed, i hope this can be adjusted to 11:00 hour after breakfast

Great hotel, friendly and professional staff, enough breakfast

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Hmm ... Breakfast area was this period in Stars restaurant, was not very comfortable, a lot of common round tables for 10+ people and the to sit there one or two is just uncomfortable. Choice of the food for 4 star hotel was not the best, they can improve it. Very week signal in the breakfast area, not working usually at all. Reception/concierge not helpful regarding to try a place where can i buy public bus ticket and how the sistem of public transport is working. I hate taxi, i prefer to travel like a local. But ok, later i figured out by my self.

So, what i liked the most was sauna and pool in the Body Art Wellness Club (it was for a 10 EUR surcharge for 24h). Not overcrowded, clean and open 24/7 - amazing. Free early check-in. There was no items in the minibar/fridge. Big room with big size bed.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I got the key to the room , when I got there the room was occupied by another client, after calling the reception it took them 20 minutes until they sent someone.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Everything was great .

The room was clean, food tasty and the staff was really friendly. Also, the playlist of the hotel is good)) while walking through the holes.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Far away from the airport. Peripheral area always you need to takes taxi. Services such as Spa or Gym are subject to charges. Restaurant with poor food.

Anything

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Service in restaurant very poor.food not that good quality for the price. No tea or coffee facility's in the room even though there was a mini bar. Would not leave my with Dow open because of the noise of a fan outside. No instructions how to change the heating. The hotel is in the wrong place. The public services and the traffic problems around Bucharest make it a very long ride(over an hour) from the airport. And of took 40 mins to get to the More train station in the morning. hotelid too far away from anywhere to be of good value..

It was very clean,new, big, staff very kind a d helpful.

Only one bar for such a big hotel!!!! No pharmacy nearby Restaurant personal - rude The hotel it's too big and the parking-a nightmare!

Junior suite looks excellent! And having express elevator for the upper levels it's a real plus! Very clean!

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Far from the city but otherwise, on the bank of Dambovita river you can be in the city center in 20 min (about 12km). With Waze even faster.

Reach breakfast, comfortable bed. Very polite staff, clean, silent, cozy, free parking and good free WiFi. Spa facilities and pool, small shop gallery on site. Overall a good stay

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Special Offer - Standard Double or Twin Room with Spa Acces

The parking is ridiculously made, with very narrow places. If you have one (or some) clothes hanger with you and a troller, it is a challenge to pass through 2 cars parked properly, without wiping at least one of them. Usually, the parking is the first contact you have with the hotel, so not a very good "welcome" in this case.

It is a good choice considering value / money ratio.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff, the staff is pretty arogant and not paying enough attention to the details, for instance, I was on the phone, the waiter came to my table and started talking to me not caring at all that I am in the middle of the call, just kept repeating so I had to "chase him away"

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The stuff from the reception though friendly, not helpfull they were supposed to give right from the start without you to have to ask all the info about were is the restaurant placed, or the pool not attentive to the details like when checking out to smile, thank and wish the client to return... that is weird not to do naturaly... I haven-t seen anywhere else towls beeing magnetizyed from preventing stealing, The bathroom had an awfull small because of the drainage, they charge extra for entering in the pool even though you already stay there, room service did not come to pick up the tray and they did not check if you have garbage to be picked...

Extra bed, info suplies at your disposure.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

NOTHING

NICE BREAKFAST AND LOVELY STAFF A LITTLE CROWN BREAKFAST HALL BUT STILL OK,NEARBY IS A SHOPPING MALL AND TAXI IS EASY TO TAKE IN FRONT OF HOTEL

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Economy Double or Twin Room

It was an unpleasent experience from the moment we arrived, the reservation was not made yet. The receptionist took our money without giving us back any proof of payment. In the room, the refrigerator was empty, any bottle of water either. In the day we arrived the both restaurants of the hotel were reserved, so we did not had were to eat. In the night, the music from one of the restaurant/club of the hotel was so loud the we could heard it with closed windows. I will nerver ever come back to this hotel.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff is very rude,especially the front desk.

The hotel is relatively big,a lot of shops and a big parking lot. The experience was not wonderful at all but worth the price.

Browse RIN Grand Hotel traveller photo gallery