Reviews of Sheraton Bucharest Hotel 5 stars

5-7 Calea Dorobantilor, District 1, Sector 1, 010551 Bucharest, Romania

#66 of 220 hotels in Bucharest

Great hotel, close to everything!
    • Classic Room

Everything was fine. The internet connection was patchy for a few hours.

Exceptionally lovely and welcoming staff (thank you, Sabina! ☺️), helpful and willing to assist, the room was superb, with great views over the city.

Excellent location and service for a business trip in Bucharest!
    • Suite

The welcome was excellent - despite the fact of an early checkin in an overbooked day, Mihaela at the reception desk did her best to find a room in 5 min and I even got an upgrade! Very efficient checkin, I was in time to my business meeting. The room was perfectly clean and beyond comfort expectation. Excellent location for a business stay.

Sabina was very friendly at our check in and did an...
    • Classic Room

The prices for massages and at the restaurants are very high. I would have liked a better shower in our room.

Sabina was very friendly at our check in and did an excellent job of telling us about the features of our hotel and making sure we were welcomed. The pool is built for relaxation rather than swimming which was great for us. The view was awesome from our room and we loved the seating area in our window. The club lounge was a good area for relaxing also.

Nice breakfast but should be priced at $15.
    • Classic Room

Booked a van with concierge for airport transfer for 4 adults and luggage and paid 60. A car showed up. Had to wait for van as ordered. Barely made our plane.

Nice breakfast but should be priced at $15.

All in all it was a pleasant stay.
    • Classic Room

The bath tub is too high for seniors to get into, and dangerous to get out of. Hand holds would help with this problem. The salad lunch buffet is over priced.

Good location, better than the average hotel in Bucharest, poor value for money
    • Classic Room

The room had not been properly cleaned. I found small things from previous guests next to the bed. The receptionists are totally disinterested in the guests. There is no protocol to offer you some guide to the city, maybe have a map ready or ask you when you leave the hotel if you need a taxi or so. Nothing! Some staff knows zero to poor English - in the reception or the breakfast restaurant. I met a local friend for dinner in Benihana. She was dressed modestly and she wanted to eat vegan, there were several options in the menu. However, the staff treated her condescendingly and were not able to advise on what food she could eat. They actually wrongly recommended something she could not. The matter was however solved when someone from the kitchen came over after we asked again.

The food in Benihana restaurant was quite good. Also, the room had quite a nice view.

Modern and functional
    • Classic Room

Air conditioning was a bit difficult to control, with outside temperatures just above 0 the heating function made the room rather hot, once I switched on cooling the temperature became acceptable.

Staff at reception upon arrival, in particular Sabina who put us as SPG memebrs into a nice room on a high floor. Same with another lady who authorized later check-out the morning of the departure day. Small pool and sauna nice on a cool and rainy winter day.

• Classic Room

Don't always trust the directions given by the local people :)

Everything was perfect except that the lady at the reception didn't know where the address I was looking for is and was about to send me in a completely wrong direction. I was opposing her suggestions as I had a fairly good idea where I should go, so she asked the young man at the assistance/information desk to help. He knew well how I can reach the bookstore I was looking for and gave me precise directions to follow.

Everything was so good, the room is so comfortable and the...
    • Classic Room

Dont leave any money in the room ( on the table or being clear), because the room service will consider it as tips, other than that honestly everything was perfect

Everything was so good, the room is so comfortable and the hotel is fancy

Best hotel in town.

Everything was perfect

The staff will do everything in their power to please your requests, for exemple the kitchen closes 22:30, we went there 22:40 and they re-opened for us, they gave me good tips about the city and they are just amazing

Great hotel for a staycation in Bucharest.
    • Club Room

Great hotel for a staycation in Bucharest. Underground parking v convenient, good location and Benihana restaurant on site made it a fun place to meet a group of friends. Comfortable bed, decent room size and friendly staff. Worth paying for the club room to access the lounge at happy hour and get breakfast included. A tip if you’re using the car park, ask the staff at Benihana to sign your ticket and parking was free.

Perfect
    • Classic Room

Always an amazing experience. This is why I always choose Sheraton when I m in Bucharest. The excellent service, the extremely tasty welcome gift, the most comfortable bed, these are just few of the reasons I come back here every time. Thank you!

How can this be 5 stars? Wish I haven't spent that much money for this.
    • Classic Room

Wellness: Sauna/hamam is advertised as 24 hours open - we came there at 11 p.m. and the doors stood open, the places had no heat at all. There was an employee seeing us entering, but then left his place, not caring at all that sauna/hamam place isn't usable. I visitted this place several times and I never had the feeling it was clean. Room service: EVERY time after my room was cleaned, I found long black hairs as a leftover in both my tub and sink - it was super disgusting and tells a story! About people and tolerance: Another bad impression was having a hooker sitting next to me and my friend. It took about 5 minutes until she was removed by staff - but you need to pass ~3 people from staff until you can enter the breakfast room. On top of this, someone felt like playing music from his mobile phone for about 10 minutes in a very noisy way. Staff was next to it but did not interfere until I asked them to. Regarding treatment as a guest: When checking out, we had the pleasure to deal with a bossy reception lady which was more interested in overtoning us than helping. She was rudely / passive aggressively interacting with us and was also rude to other guests next to us as I told her that I cannot understand her. This was a no-go!

When we entered we were impressed by the nice footboy that was already taking all the suitcases from us, giving us a warm welcome and taking care of this. Checking in was pretty straight forward and we found ourselves 5 minutes later in a clean, tidied up room. We went to the bar and had a drink - they have there some nice cocktails (~10€/each). Afterwards, we wen't to the Japanese restaurant inside of Sheraton - this is really something you need to try. It offers very nice sushi and you can sit also in a circle and can watch how your food is getting cooked. On the next day, we went downstairs for breakfast - it's available between 6.30 to 10.00. There's a big selection of nice food for breakfast. Coffee tastes good and I'd rate the food quality upper-mid to high. If you want to travel through Bucharest you can either jump into the metro (~2 minutes by foot) or just call an Uber driver - the area is next to an University and the Sheraton is pretty easy to find. The gym is pretty easy to use and covers most of the body parts you want to train (deadlifts / hammercurls / tower station / bench press / bars). Wellness (sauna+hamam) was okay, but definitely far away from 5 stars. Read my dislikes for details.

Pleasant stay
    • Premium Room

I managaed to squeeze in massage and this was not a good experience. Therapist was good but the blaring MTV music she played and the rushed way she handled the session was not pleasant.

There is a really excellent fitness center and lovely restaurants. Staff were really friendly and helpful. Great shower pressure and good wifi throughout the hotel. Bed was also comfortable and view was great. Nice Breakfast too.

Really an awful hotel, will NOT return
    • Classic Room

The worst Sheraton I have ever experienced. I contacted the hotel from London and arranged an airport transport, I received a confirmation email from the hotel. Once we landed there were no transport arranged. When this happens least you could do is to apologise. Room was very basic, a lot of noise in the morning from outside the room, mainly cleaners having a meeting outside my door. Room service was disgustingly bad. Bathroom was dirty. We booked a double bed and got two twins. You are just generally bad.

Location of this hotel was good.

Just a standard hotel.
    • Classic Room

Location could be better (couple who wanted to get to know the historical and interesting part of the city, and go out for some good bars at night)

Just a standard hotel.. nothing exceptional for the price.

Won't come back again
    • Classic Room

When we arrived,there was no one at the entrance of the hotel to meet us and to park the car. When we removed all our luggage, we observed the staff not far from the entrance smoking and chit chating. They offered help, but it was too late. I believe this is unacceptable for a 5 star hotel. The parking is at extra 20 euros At the same price and same location there are hotels which provide better service and facilities

The bed was comfortable and the pillows

The company I'm working for paid for the hotel.
    • Classic Room

The company I'm working for paid for the hotel. When I arrived there they asked for the card the payment has been made with. Of course I didn't have it with me and they said they can't give me the room until they can authorise the card. They haven't informed me about this prior to my coming, so I had to make phone calls and going through all the fuss to ask my co-worker to fill out paper work etc. I'm really disappointed that a hotel like Sheraton couldn't send an email and tell me they need all this before coming there so I can be prepared

Great staff, bad hotel
    • Classic Room

They didn't have a great restaurant, when we arrived they did not have a restaurant for dinner because there was a noisy party going on. The room was small and the air-con wasn't working well. When we requested the taxi, the car arrived with a smoker and when we complained the taxi driver got annoyed and was rude.

The hotel staff are happy or nice. They do their job with pleasure, kindness or smiles. The breakfast is really great.

Price - Satisfaction balance is not very high.
    • Classic Room

The Bathtub was very narrow and the water was flowing like a mud at the room that was I stayed. but when I was changed my room, the water was normal.

The best thing was comfort of the bed.

A spotless, white cruise liner above the dirt of the city.
    • Classic Room

It is very hard to accept and understand the huge contrast between the hotel's atmosphere, and the dirt and neglect of its surrounding streets not to mention the rest of the city. Bucuresti could be a fantastic cultural and gastronomical island in Romania, if their authorities put effort into cleaning and raising demand for beauty among the citizen of the Romanian capitol.

I could talk only with my highest respect about the staff working there including porters, receptionists ( Georgina was particularly fantastic regarding to her professional approach towards guests!), cleaners, waiters, cooks and the invisible management. I found this hotel absolutely spotless. Their breakfast was heavenly fresh and tasty with great, great staff always looking carefully for the needs of the guests. The cook accepted with all his kindness my very last minute warm breakfast order, which I would never receive anywhere in France, or in Germany. With the opportunity to have late breakfast (till 11:00!) during the weekends, I could explore all the important sites of Bucuresti in an hour and half walking trip before recharging with energy.

Benihana redtaurant
    • Classic Room

I called at 0700 for room service and the guy told me I need to reserve food night before?? Not in Sheraton anywhere. I wanted anything for room service. Also, i had a deink in the lobby bar. I came to table it was dirty and with spilled water on it. We got drink, after we went for four course dinner and when I got back o the lobu - table was untuched with my glasses still on it!!!! In the lobby. Dirty to the max!!!

Benihana redtaurant

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Good location, five star moderate hotel
    • Club Room

Rooms need an update, old look and feel, not very bad but not matching the 5 star competition elsewhere in Europe, nowadays you would expect more contemporary interiors for this price range. For the price it doesn't provide the level of luxury it should. Lobby is also not attractive or 5 star like, more a 3 star look and feel lobby. SPA facilities, despite the long list of SPA facilities mentioned in booking.com, it is really not something worthwhile to visit at all in this hotel. Complete deception. At check in the receptionist (lady) didn't understand the upgrade scales, I had to explain what the next upgrade I would like was, after a while she confirmed I was right with pricing of the upgrade...

Breakfast was good, location too and the view on the sixteenth floor was great.

Standard quality hotel
    • Classic Room

The parking is expensive. The room could be larger for this pricing.

This is the standard Sheraton hotel. Everything is as expected. The room is pretty comfortable.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Good location clean fully equipped functional rooms
    • Classic Room

Windows don't open at all so total reliance on A.C. Water pressure could be better

The linen and towels were excellent very comfortable bed.well equipped room with espresso machine and kettle it would be nicer to have milk too

I liked the whole experience at Sheraton.
    • Club Room

i didn't like the carpet in the room. But it is almost impossible to have a wooden floor in Bucharest.

I liked the whole experience at Sheraton. I cannot complain about nothing.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Expensive parking
    • Premium Room

You need to pay the parking which is very expensive. Parking should be included if you stay at the hotel. And I wasn't informed beforehand about the parking! Also I didn't liked that you can only pay with a certain type of card and they didn't accept Maestro Card for the Reservation.

The room was beautiful.

I had a beautiful room clean in a high floor as I had ask...
    • Classic Room

I forgotten a blouse in the room after the check out that have been stolen by the crew, so do not forget nothing -it will be disappear. Also when making the prenotation, booking system ask me to put my credit card as a garancy but without charging it (and this was clear as message -you will pay at the hotel, if says) but when I went to check in they announce me that they have already charged the hole amount without asking - so pay attention they are "HUNGRY" for money

I had a beautiful room clean in a high floor as I had ask but the reception desk responsabile was polite but with really awful service

5* hotel in the middle of the city

Room was a tad small...

Perfect location in the middle of the city (hint: you can get to the business parks in Pipera via the metro). They gave me a free upgrade to a club room which had a nice view of Romana square from the 13th floor.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Never again,there are Mariot and Hilton for same money!
    • Classic Room

Staff said to us that we will get premium room,but the room was classic.Classic room,very small.Toilet looks so old.Breakfast was disaster. 2nd day I didn't like to go for bteakfast.3rd day I passed to Meriot JW Hotel.

Parking for my car.

best stay in Bucharest!

nothing to say.

We found the hotel very easy. The staff was excellent and helpful. The rooms were cozy and warm. The view was beautiful. The breakfast was expensive but it worth its money. We enjoyed our stay and we will come again. Thanks also to the manager for the welcome surprise.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Great hotel very comfortable
    • Classic Room

Shower could use a little more pressure. Charging extra for parking your car.

Very comfortable beds and good location. The stuff is friendly a rare thing around here.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

This was pretty much a last minute booking.
    • Classic Room

This was pretty much a last minute booking. The room was very good and facilities all looked great but I literally arrived, slept, woke up and left! No scope to sample the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

Very comfy well equipped room, bed.
    • Classic Room

Found it hard to interact with staff, and when you did it was as if they had to speak as fast as they can to impress their English on you. Have stayed in Brasov many times, different attitudes there. Be aware of the rogue taxi drivers especially around the old part of Bucharest, who will not take you anywhere unless the meter is switched OFF

Very comfy well equipped room, bed. home from home.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Excellent stay with Sheraton
    • Classic Room

The hotel staff (front desk and janitorial staff) were excellent. Maurice was very helpful... location is great, lots of clubs and places to eat within walking distance. Looking forward to staying at the Sheraton in the future ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

The bed was very comfy.
    • Classic Room

It was full of dust on the furniture and accesories for coffee and tea like cups, spoons, the support of the sink was not clean and shiny as it should be in Sheraton' s hotel.

The bed was very comfy. The location is very good in the center of the city.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Parking Expensive ( 80 RON/night) and the lack of...
    • Classic Room

Parking Expensive ( 80 RON/night) and the lack of personnel . I arrived at 1 AM I had to carry all my luggage alone ( no help from the staff ). This is not a 5 star hotel service. One time they gave me the keys of my car and asked me to search my car in the garage .

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Excellent place to stay in the heart of Bucharest!

Not available

We had booked a room With requested two single beds and originally we were placed in a one big bed room. After talking to the receptionist who was extremely nice and professional we were moved to the room we requested! I am very pleased with the service provided, the faculty is great- just as expected from a Sheraton! Thank you!

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

The hotel is closely located to the subway and the station...
    • Classic Room

If you are looking for nice places for dinners, it would be better to find a hotel which is closer to the old city center. The internet connection was often interrupted.

The hotel is closely located to the subway and the station of the express airport bus. The breakfast selection is quite good. The rooms are relatively spacious; the hotel staff is very helpful.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Bad treat in reception i got a smoking room even thoug i...
    • Club Room

Bad treat in reception i got a smoking room even thoug i requested non smoking . They switch me to another room that was a smoking room agaim but tried to hide it using spary . At last after almost 1 hour i got a room. I will not recomend this hotel to none of my freinds partners ..

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Excellent stay at the Sheraton Bukarest
    • Club Room

Exzellent Service from Marius and Alicia, think that was her name. Also the excellent service from the ladies at the Club Lounge on the 18th floor. I will be back.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

excellent hotel
    • Classic Room

i am a returning client and always enjoy my stay at this hotel.location,comfort ,cleaness and service-everything excellent. at arrival i was upgraded to a primium room. i needed a late checkout at the last day of my stay. i was talking the a kind lady(madalina) at the front desk. she checked with the managment,and approved me to stay at my room until 16:00 free of charge. not a common practice at other hotels and i appreciate it very much.t tks hotel sheraton for a wonderfull stay/

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Classic Room

Just housekeeping the often forgot to give water and coffee in room

I whould like to thanks Cristina huzum she is general manager for all your helpful and for my nice and good stay in Bucharest thanks all staff

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

Great experience.
    • Premium Room

A small green corner outside, to enjoy a coffee or a drink would be highly recommended.

Exceptional welcoming. Extremely polite, pleasant, well trained and customer oriented reception staff.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Disappointed!!
    • Club Room

Was very disappointed, in the morning when we went to have breakfast. the croissant in the buffet was two types. One was the normal one and the other one was having pork inside. I don't mind if they serve pork croissant but there must be an indication at least a small sign however they both looked exactly the same even you can't see if the one having pork cut from the side or whatsoever. As a Muslim individual I don't eat pork and I think this is totally misleading. When we reported this to the staff, the only thing we got was"we are sorry" and no action was taken! So any person staying in this hotel who doesn't eat pork, be careful when you pick up a croissant and ask first -I'm not sure if the staff will even tell the difference-.

good choice

nothing to say

the buffet and the comfortable bed

Staff was very friendly and helpful.
    • Classic Room

Staff was very friendly and helpful...

Nice hotel, in good location.
    • Classic Room

Nice hotel, in good location. Sabina is the best receptionist!

I was really very satisfied as always!
    • Classic Room

I was really very satisfied as always!

Very nice
    • Classic Room

The pool was very nice and warm

Room was comfortable and clean. Great location, good breakfast and nice dinner at Benihana on site.

Great place
    • Classic Room

Good location...nice rooms, professional staff

Light dinner in club stopped too early

Light dinner in club stopped too early

Good .
    • Suite

The gym. Elyptique almost broke, and was the only one.

Staff very friendly. Benihana service very good.

Very comfortable hotel and employees were very accommodating. Thank you.
    • Classic Room

The breakfast was excellent as was the service.

Very comfortable stay.

Good choice in Bucharest

Helpful,staff, Alex on the desk and concierge. Comfortable rooms

Okay.
    • Classic Room

Attitude at Reception. Not friendly.

Suitable for the purpose of 1 night.

Bed v comfortable

Bed v comfortable

Excellent ! Very cosy, excellent food, utmost welcoming staff. Makes you more than comfortable.
    • Club Room

Coffee machine was not working in the executive room. Poor tv Chanel set.

Staff super assistive and polite. Food extra fresh and varied.

Recommended!

Great service!!

The room was too warm

The room was too warm

Expensive sleepless night
    • Classic Room

Too hot in the room and aircon was either not working or I was not able to understand how does it work.

Breakfast was very good

I will stay here if I will not have another choice around

Services!

Clean one

yes I am hapy

yes I am hapy

The parking is far from 5 stars, including access to the...
    • Classic Room

The parking is far from 5 stars, including access to the hotel from the parking.

Good choice of breakfast.

Good choice of breakfast. Nice room. Nice view

Perfect hotel

Very helpful staff Confortable beds Perfect view Quiet rooms

Amazing Stay

nothing in particular

Perfect place for leisure stay. Incredible attitude and awesome service.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

It was great to stay in sheraton bukarest hotel !!

Nothing ,

The club on the 18 floor was wonderfull. I enjoyed it very much. Thank you !! the food was deliches & drinks also.

Great Staff.
    • Classic Room

Great Staff. The club level area was great. Sabina was very polite and attentive to the guests.

Browse Sheraton Bucharest Hotel traveller photo gallery