Reviews of International Bucharest City Centre Hotel 4 stars

Cauzasi Str. 27, Sector 3, 030801 Bucharest, Romania

#122 of 220 hotels in Bucharest

The hotel looked a bit old. I'm not a big fan of carpets. The breakfast was a bit one-sided, but good quality.

The staff was very friendly, they were very helpful. The location was good, only a ten minute walk from the old town. The room was big and was in an old style. The breakfast was good, not a lot of variation, but what was there was good.

• Room Selected at Check In

Breakfast was poor and almost every morning when we went down, there was not enough and we had to tell them to bring out some more! Like really, we had to tell them or else I believe there wouldnt be any more.

Big spacious room with great view and comfortable balconies.

the shower and the carpet in the room weren't so clean as expected! the front rooms is noisy.

close enough to the city center. parking free of charge. big room, big corfortable bed, big bathroom. room with city view. the reseptionist was very polite and he didn't charge us for the parking at all!!

It was only a small water leaking in the bath room (from under the sink probably).

The hotel is very good, with a good and professional staff and a very good breakfast. The room received (209) was huge and also the bath room. The bed was very large and comfortable (it was difficult to get close to my wife...). There are apple each morning in the lobby and also drinking water (it shows that the staff is taking care...). The hotel is located in a central and quiet place (80 - 100 meter from buses and 800 meter from metro), so it was very convenient for us to arrive to all the places which we wanted to visit.

• Executive Double Room

I think his was our fourth stay at this hotel. Apart from the fact that the outdoor parking is very dusty, although we specifically asked for a parking place there which was confirmed when I made the booking, , it was not possible to park immediately at arriving because it was crowded.The excuse was that there was a meeting at the conference room.But this problem was quickly solved at the reception desk.And here I come to the main point : we had our room at the seventh floor, just under the eight floor where was the conference room .As we found out the next day, the conference room was booked by a group which was very noisy all night long . Of course , we heard the loud speakers after twelve o" clock and we had so much noise as we thought we were on a stadium .For this reason , during the secod night , at three o" clock we asked to be relocated into an other room which happened very quickly , at the fifth floor. In fact, for the spent money we just asked for a good sleep. Sorry but this is the reason for the not so so good calification that I gave to the hotel this time.

The room and the bathroom. The fact that the room was oriented towards a quiet area.The plentiful breakfast. The multiple choice- coffee.

• Standard Twin Room

EVERYTHING ELSE. Smelly room and the temperature control did not work, it was too hot to stand. The window was not reachable to open even a little bit. I woke up one morning and there was no running water at all. I was offered a room on another floor after insisting to take a shower........ Breakfast is basic.

Not much to like. The free car park is one and the location is the other.

Our shower was not only mouldy but it was also clogged.

The bed was big and the breakfast was desent. Thats about it. The view from our room wasnt nice.

I stayed many times at this hotel. If you are not lucky you can get an old room which doesn't look like photos.

Good location next to the Unirii Square, free parking and good breakfast

• Standard Twin Room

The breakfast is not good at all. Actually does not exist. Very poor. Two slices of bread and an omellet. We paid for breakfast and we never had breakfast. The staff could not help us. They could not answer any of our questions.

It was clean and close to old town.

Nothing major, although it's approximately a 20 minute walk to reach the old centre.

Room was quite spacious, and clean. Bed was comfortable. Overall, good value for money.

• Executive Twin Room

The building is old and definitely needs a renovation The breakfast can be better

Perfect and easy location Large room and bathroom with everything necessary Parking

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Room Selected at Check In

Too hot, you need to sleep with the windows opened. They said that AC is not working in the winter but the temperature was above 80F. You need receptionist assistance for using the underground parking

Very good breakfast, nice people, good food at restaurant, quiet in the room, great internet speed

• Standard Twin Room

At 11pm of the check-in date, I got a call saying to cancel my reservation because the room was not garantee after 6pm. At the end was a system error, but I was really scared in the meantime. When we arrived to the room, there was one coffe mug was dirty and one water bottle less..

15 min walking to city center

• Standard Twin Room

The Wi-Fi kept cutting out You can't use the electricity without the room key. Can't charge your phone etc whilst out as only given one key card to the room No plug sockets next to the bed. Had to charge phone far away from the bed

Location: Excellent location. It is about a 10 min walk into the city centre. Very safe area Hotel facilities: There is a fridge in the room. I suffer from a bad back and the beds were probably one of the best I have ever slept in. I wanted to take the mattress with me. Breakfast has a good variety but it is left out from 7am. If you go around 9am it is luck warm. This hotel was really nice and good value for money but it is not 4*.

• Executive Double Room

It was a relaxing business trip. Near to Bucharest's old center. Lovely atmosphere, nice hotel crew, good services, safe neighborhood, good restaurant, good breakfast, clean and spacey room. The room service is very good.

• Standard Twin Room

Staff were not at all welcoming or helpful, in fact I would say they were rude. The air conditioning in the room did not work so the stay was very uncomfortable and the hotel were very unhelpful in fixing this.

The airport shuttle was easy.

• Standard Twin Room

This is a sad sad hotel. The atmosphere is dark but not in the positive way. The bed mattress is horrible - full of strings and highly uncomfortable. The tiny shower has a missing door so actually. The room was unclean and hasn't been treated for very long time. The air conditioning stinks so cannot be operated. As well the public areas are poor, lack of lighting and always empty. Do not recommend

The room is very big. Other than that - Nothing!

It looks like smell from the sewer is a general problem in town. You could also smell it in the bathroom, which was otherwise super clean and nice.

I've never slept in a bed that was so big. And the room was also really spacious. The hotel offers pick up from the airport.

• Executive Twin Room

Rude personal that didn't want to help us with technical problems with keycard. Instead they told us that we didn't know how to use them and that it was our fault the cards got unmagnetized. We had to run down to the lobby 3-4 times a day to gain access to our room.

The only positive thing about this hotel was its location.

Some room details I consider are not for a 4 star hotel, like the added air conditioning that was mounted careless and the bathroom door that you had to always close it because otherwise it would hit the shower and make a big noise.

The location is excellent, it is very close to old city center and also about 6-7 minutes walk to the metro station Piata Unirii. Breakfast was very good with many options you could choose from. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

This hotel is an absolut misstake. Staff is everything but not friendly, there was a Coffee in the Rooms but the heater was not working. Somebody from the Staff was comming into my room in the early morning. The vegetables at breakfast was rotten, the tables are dirty, I'll never go back.

• Standard Twin Room

There was nothing not to like about the hotel. Only it's away from the city centre.

Clean property, well sized rooms with very good fecilitiea. Also very good breakfast.

• Standard Twin Room

Excellent breakfast(fresh ,good quality, had almost everything from warm potatoes, eggs, sausages up to cereal, yoghurt,fruit cake). Convenient parking. Nice location within 10 minutes walking until the center.(busses in 1 minute) Outstanding ,spacious room with large ,comfortable beds with spotless sheets .(room 313) Τhe bathroom was spotlessly clean and huge. Excellent value for money. I would recommend it and we will choose it for our next stay in Bucharest.

• Executive Double Room

The curtains in the room smell a little bit. Breakfast needs to improve.

They gave me an upgraded room due to a misconfusion. I also had to leave earlier than my reservation and they refund me the remaining money although they had the right to keep it. 10-15 min walk to center

The bed mattresses were on the softer side of my personal preference and I would be happier if it was thicker. The nearby area is less appealing with surrounding construction sites - so the view from the rooms have nothing much to offer. Nearest public transport (bus) is about 5 minutes walk away.

The hotel interior looks very nice and clean, tastefully decorated. Staff and receptionists were friendly and helpful with all of our requests. The room which we ordered had a bad smell problem in its bathroom so we've been offered a complementary upgrade to a spacious suite with no additional cost. Breakfast was plentiful with a nice variety of food and beverage choice in a nicely decorated dining room, which has both an air conditioned hall with dining tables, a bar, buffet serving tables and an exit to an outdoor patio with more dining tables in a pleasant set up. Wifi signal was stable throughout the hotel (rooms, lobby, dining room). Location is fairly good with about 10 minutes easy walking distance to Unirii Square and the lively Old Town district.

• Executive Twin Room

Receptionist we found prove to be unqualified. She cash our room, (it was a non refoundable reservation), gave us the room key and remained quiet. No indication where the elevator is, nothing about breakfast hours, place, no wi- fi password, no tour maps. She guarded closely these to remain a secret, she had to answer telephone and forget about us. Communication skills ??? For a public employee? Also my reservation confirmation on Booking.com indicates me 304 RON, receptionist make me pay 311 RON from a RON account and card.!? Why? There is no money transfer to rate. It was impossible to contact reception from the room telephone, nothing written mentioned about wi-fi password, or reception, or emergency. The room was clean but not fresh clean, actually I smelled like dump air when entering. Usually in RO cleaning is made using vacuum cleaner and dry cloth. No fresh smell, no cleaning products with strong odorising perfume is used. May be I spent too much time in the Italian hospitality with the same money rate.

Spacious room, good comfortable bed, good quality, fresh clean linen. Good AC. Very well positioned, easy to reach following G Maps. Good breakfast, plenty to choose from the offer. International channels on TV. I do not know what to say about internet connection. I suggest a come for the vanity kit, otherwise very good quality cosmetics.

It wouldn't hurt if the receptionists smiled during interactions with the guests. Had to request the second set of slippers and bath robs as they weren't readily available. Receipt not automatically provided upon payment.

Good breakfast options, comfy bed and nice bathroom.

• Standard Twin Room

There were 2 episodes of blackout. During this period, no info was given to people nor announcement made. Only alarm sound. Would be advisable to inform people,otherwise panic can be created

Bogdan from the restaurant Friendliness of the staff at front desk

Same

Nothing because 3 times electric off and elevator stoped and l dicieded left the hotel after one hour from I inter and I asked him to returned my money but they refusal 😣

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Standard Twin Room

The only thing I may complain a little is that there were some little flies in the bathroom.. Hence -1 on the cleanliness.

Breakfast and the spacious room, wifi available in all areas.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Standard Twin Room

The only comment I would make is they had no English tea bags ( haha)

The whole hotel and staff were lovely and helpful The room was spacious bed was comfy , good choice at breakfast

• Executive Twin Room

Unhelpful and rude staff. Hair dryer was broken, had to ask twice to get a new one. Our card keys needed to be re-activated every time we wanted to enter our room. The room felt dirty in general, even if the cleaners would've been in, you saw no difference. The shower head was broken, so obviously having a shower wasn't all that enjoyable. The hotels folder said that there would be 24hrs room service and 24hrs bar service. That was not accurate. The restaurant said on the door it would close at 11pm but closed before 10pm. When these things were pointed out, they weren't handling the situation well in any way or even trying to accommodate our needs. (See attached photos that the folder clearly states 24hrs room service) We came back late from a day tour late and knew that the hotel was doing 24hrs room service and relied on that, but no, apparently what they have written on booking.com and their hotel folder is not accurate. We went to bed hungry that night.

As with so many hotels (and some cafes) abroad it is difficult to get English Breakfast tea. There was a good selection of herbal teas and coffee at the Hotel, but no English breakfast tea in either the bedroom or the dining room. Not all cafes served it either. If you want English tea, take some tea bags with you !!

I am a light sleeper so prefer a quiet and dark room, which my room was, thus enabling me to have a good nights sleep. The shower cubicle was large and the shower powerful. The breakfast was good (both cooked and continental available). The Hotel was about 20 minute walk into the Old Town centre, which wasn't too far, but meant it was away from the noisier city centre. We felt quite safe walking from the Hotel into the centre. The City was interesting to visit with some splendid buildings. The weather was warm compared with England. We were there for 3 days, which I think was about long enough to see most things. Food and drink was very reasonably priced compared with England. The staff in the bars and restaurants generally spoke English.

• Executive Double Room

The hotel certainly does not correspond to the 4 stars standard. The equipment is very old and used.

Hotel near the center. Friendly staff. Solid breakfast, but repetitive.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Executive Double Room

the reception staff very unfriendly, unhelpful, laughing at us when asked for maps, they had nothing to show us where to go where to eat , they lied about the price of a taxi to pick us up from the airport upin arrival so we took the bus then found out the real price from one of the obly quite friendly people at reception

the breakfast staff, the location five minutes fr piata unri 1

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Executive Double Room

The reception staff was very rude, except for one lady that offered us umbrellas when raining the rest laughed at us when we asked formaps talked in their language when asked where to eat and laughing and telling us well anywhere in the old town nothing specific. through emalis tbey told us that a taxi from the airport was 26 euros and up too three peole wich turned put to be lies, so we took the bus and when leaving the nice pady told us that it was only 60lei!!!

The location of the hotel was a five minute walk from city centre, the hotel is excatly as the pgotos shown, the staff at breakfast

• Executive Double Room

Not everyone spoke good enough English (the room service lady was struggling a bit), the AC seemed to be faulty as it was super hot and no way to turn it down

Good location, comfy bed, spacious room, overall good room service.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

• Executive Double Room

The amenities a bit older than their real life. A refurbish is necessary but not mandatory. Some indicators with the room's areas are needed for each level (e.g. rooms 301- 320 in left, rooms 321 - 340 in right ).

Large room ( bed, bathroom as well ), comfortable bed, nice breakfast.

• Executive Double Room

The furniture seems a bit vintage, but changing it with a more modern one would probably modify the hotel's style.

The room was as big as described.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• Executive Double Room

The neighborhood , when arrived late at night a beggar in front of the hotel door. park at your own risk.

Large room, Bathtub, parking and pretty good breakfast

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Standard Twin Room

During the night the alarm started several times.

The room was big, nice and comfortable. The breakfast was good with a lot of options. The location is very good near "old center". I liked that the room was clean.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Our room was close to the street, so had some noise in the mornings

Good value for the price. Nica and simple breakfast. Hotel is about 5 min walk from Uniiri. Comfortable rooms.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Standard Twin Room

First I had problems accesing the room, the keycard do not communicated well with the door.Old furniture has visible degradations.The shower was degradee

Staff very friendly

Good bed, nice interior.

• Standard Twin Room

room looks a bit old, but honestly not a big deal..

spacious room, clean.. only 15-20 mins walk from old town

The breakfast area did not flow well. Staff in the breakfast room seemed overwhelmed

The location was great, short walk to shopping and food.

• Standard Twin Room

You could hear the outside traffic noises.

Clean room with the right amount of amenities. Very helpful and friendly staff, underground parking.

• Room Selected at Check In

The breakfast area seemed not organized well.

The proximity to shopping and some eating places

• Standard Twin Room

No plugs by the bed (there is one but only for the lamp and hidden under the bedside table)

• Standard Twin Room

only 1 electrical socket in the room.

• Standard Twin Room

Nice and tasty breakfast.

-central -parking -wifi

• Special Offer - Executive Double Room - City Break

Nice hotel, pleasant stay

• Executive Double Room

A basis 4 starts well located. Do not expect much more and high standard.

• Standard Twin Room

No public bus to airport-bus station

We liked everything

• Executive Double Room

Hotel de 2 stele in realitate. De evitat.

Big & Clean Rooms Good Location

• Standard Twin Room

free parking next to the hotel, diverse breakfast

Location is not good

Staff very helpful , wifi perfect

Shabbiness of the room.

Good breakfast, good bed

• Room Selected at Check In

No heat in the rooms ..did not work

The rooms were full of smokking history

the breakfast is poor

everything was great

• Special Offer - Executive Double Room - City Break

The breakfast was not very good

Very big and cozy bed

• Standard Twin Room

Great location close to the city fortress

Quiet location Very good breakfast

The location was good Fue mente’s wall to old city and the Parliament

• Room Selected at Check In

Wonderful hotel. Nice service.

Nice hotel with beautiful and clean rooms. Great breakfast! Exactly what you need for a perfect stay in Bucharest.

• Room Selected at Check In

Nice hotel. The location only a 10-15 minute walk into the city centre. The reception, service and staff were good and friendly.

Great breakfast

Big room

Placed near unirea mall

• Standard Twin Room

Some furnitures need to be changed.

Not far from city centre. Private, free parking.

• Room Selected at Check In

Rude staff Terrible rooms I have stayed in better hostels, not a 4 star!

No restaurants close by.

Good breakfasts. Large, comfortable room.