Reviews of Hotel Trianon 3 stars

Cobalcescu Grigore 9, Sector 1, 010191 Bucharest, Romania

#45 of 220 hotels in Bucharest

Breakfast fairly basic but value for money

Close to the city,many bars and restaurants nearby.Close to city park worth spending time especially in summer.

• Standard Queen Room

Fairly priced for a business trip, good service and great location - close to beautiful park and city center. Construction work was being done near de reception.

Needed extra linen in the room,also must make breakfast by 9.00am or the croissants are all gone. Need a/c in room as 32C outside.

Clean,tidy & v.helpful staff. ATM on site useful. Pharmacy just 50 metres away. 10 minutes walk to "old town" . Worth doing "Gray's " half day coach / walking tour.

• Standard Queen Room

Perhaps a restaurant for lunch or dinner would be nice, but as I said, many options around.

I really liked this hotel. Price is very reasonable and it's great what you get in return. Perhaps entrance and reception is not the best, but I think the hotel invest in the rooms, which is what should matter. Rooms seemed renewed. Big space, comfy bed, good bathroom with toiletries. Breakfast is good and varied. Staff was great. A young woman made her best to try to speak to me in Spanish when I arrived. A/C didn't work when I arrived but someone came soon and helped me make it work. Half an hour walking you arrive to the City Center; great walk with nice places to eat or drink. I would definitely come back.

the stuff in other shift was not cooperative and even unpolite sometimes, cleanliness in the room during my staying (three nights) was bad

the price value for money. the stuff in one shift was very cooperative and useful. breakfast was simple but satisfying

the lobby area, it was very poor, and this specific area wasn't clean enough, the mattress (tough and old)

very good breakfast, the location was ok, ten minutes walking from old town, great park near the hotel, clean rooms.

• Standard Queen Room

I HAVE NOTHING NEGATIVE TO SAY.

Hotel was nearly 4 star at 3 star rate and very near old town. The staff were cheerful and very helpfully finding out things, where normally you would use a tourist office.

• Standard Twin Room

Very lovely!! We liked the place, the team members were nice and always willing to help. The breakfast is varied and the room was very clean!! We recommend :)

• Standard Queen Room

The bathroom smelled (the hotel tried to hide the smell by putting a plastic bag over the outlet on the floor but if did not help much - why not just fix the problem instead?`). The aircon was too warm, even if set to max.

The rooms were clean and the bed comfortable, breakfast was fine as well

Old facilities. Our room was facing the street and was too noisy from the tram outside.

Good location. The bathroom was nice and the bed was comfortable.

• Standard Queen Room

-It wa so hot ac was so hot and ac was not working - we were placed in the first floor and it looked so shitty, it was like a storage that was turned into a room. - it was so ugly and you can tell how it was a made shitt room.

The propert was close to everything in the city

• Standard Queen Room

The hotel gave me there best deluxe room at the hotel,so was upgraded free of charge. Just what I asked for,on a high floor. Will always come back and always pass on my experience.

• Standard Twin Room

Cleaning ladies keep their trolley in the hotel hall, it’s ugly to see next doors of rooms, after cleaning it should be placed in storage room.

There is various breakfast, rooms are clean, staff is friendly and helpful...

i would have preferred a single, bigger bed than 2 small beds

i asked for a single room, i got a room with 2 small beds. i would have preferred a single but a bigger bed.

• Standard Queen Room

Signage inside the hotel could be better, my room was at the very end of the U-shaped corridor, which made it very quiet, but also very far away from the lift.

Decent hotel, comfortable, reachable by foot, tram or taxi from Gara de Nord, in a quiet neighbourhood close to the park.

• Standard Queen Room

Very clean facility, efficient daily housekeeping.The staff were polite, friendly, helpful and professional. I certainly will be back and stay here again as in a great location.

• Standard Queen Room

The rooms are dated. The location is not ideal and you will be ubering or taking taxis everywhere. The resturant is no longer running and the breakfast was average. I think that word perfectly describes the hotel. Average. Its not the worst but you can do better.

Staff were helpful and friendly. The bathroom was nice

• Standard Queen Room

My room was located under roof with angled ceiling and 2 little windows in it. It wasn't mentioned in the room description. We've met 2cm cockroach walking on our clothes in the room! Our friends were sleeping naked while the cleaning service entered the room. Breakfast was poor and the dishes were not updated quickly when something finished.

All facilities are pretty new, nice designed. Location near park is amazing, 10-15 minutes takes to reach Old City.

This hotel extends my expectations.. it was my birthday and they left a note on in my room and a bottle of wine.. I love this hotel and will surly be back..

• Standard Queen Room

The quality of the toiletries are not the best, especially the shampoo and shower gel. They didn't change the towels during our stay. The room was a bit too warm even if you turn off the heating system.

The breakfast is continental, it has variety. The room and the bed are comfortable. It's possible to ask to storage de bag after check out. It's close to the center. Uber is the best way to move around the city, however it doesn't go to the center

The best for us was the position of the hotel, close to my client. Absolutely a good breakfast. Evening walk through the closeby park is a must and recommended. I will come back here.

Stayed here the night before my wedding - staff were exceptionally helpful and excited for me. Couldn't have asked for better service and accommodating my needs for the morning.

• Standard Queen Room

1. no slippers 2. second day of our stay the breakfast was cold - staff forgot to turn on the heaters, coffee was also cold

1. nice staff 2. effective air conditioning 3. fast wi-fi 4. large comfortable bed

• Standard Twin Room

I try to obtain a better room, I have pay 100 hundred lei more for a better room (theoretic, after the site presentation), thinking to obtain a more confortable room. Surprise, the room was the same as in my last visit in Bucharest, but the price with 100 lei more. The difference of the prices is only a trick of the management.

The location is very good for me , in the center of the town

• Standard Queen Room

A bit lazy staff in the reception. Had to wait 10 mins during my check in for someone to show up. Most times when i arrived or left the hotel during my stay they were also not in their position

Good size of bathroom but without many amenities Confortable bed

• Standard Queen Room

The staff was really nice and polite, always there to try to solve your problems.The room was clean and the housekeeping was cleaning every morning. The breakfast was good. It's a less then 5 minutes walk to the bus station; to the old center around 15 minutes. There are some minimarkets in the area, a pharmacy also. It is a good place to stay considering the rates you pay.

• Standard Twin Room

_This_hotel_has_a_very_bad_policy_: They charge (they call it "pre-authorization") your credit card with the full amount of your stay WELL BEFORE your arrival. Later, when you pay they cancel it but you will find a cost of 5 or more Euros (depending on the amount of your stay) in your credit card. Why? Because they charge your credit card in the local currency (RON) and (a) your bank has different exchange rates for buying/selling Euros and (b) in addition it charges a commission for each transaction with foreign (non-Euro, or non US$) currency. For a 2-night stay I was charged with 5 euros more. Yes, the amount seems trivial but personally I do not like "hotels" to "charge" my credit card without my approval (it is a matter of principle for me!). I make all my hotel reservations at Booking.com and I never had an EARLY charge on my credit card or a "pre-authorization" as they call it I contacted the hotel asking to pay me these 5 euros. After numerous daily-emails (during the last 8 days) they are still trying to avoid to pay me back, which in my opinion is NOT FAIR AT ALL. Concluding: BE VERY CAREFUL if you have a non-Romanian credit card !!!! I WOULD RECOMMEND ANOTHER HOTEL.

• Standard Twin Room

I would recommend this hotel. It is about 15 minutes from the old town. The staff were extremely helpful. I was leaving at 7.30 in the morning for a trip and missed breakfast as it started at 8. Therefore it was organised with the kitchen staff to have a packed lunch prepared for me. This was extremely kind. The hotel was very warm and the room was comfortable.

• Standard Queen Room

My room was very dark between the buildings, I had to leave the building to go to breakfast room which was not very comfortable as was very cold in the morning. Also they had construction works going on during my stay, so I think price should have been adjusted to that fact. Also my room could have been more clean.

Room is nice and comfortable, new furniture, perfect wifi, breakfast very good, everything was very fresh, and offer very good.

• Standard Queen Room

Room design is bizarre! Possibly a poorly inspired upgrade. Only one chair and no table. Wardrobe and storage too small. TV picture was terrible. If you have an English to Continental adaptor for your USB charger it won't work but the staff can help.

Food in restaurant was adequate and good value for money. Staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. Bed was very comfortable.

The restaurant is closed on weekends something which was not advertised. Perhaps a note about this will be very useful.

A nice hotel, centrally located, basic, you get what you pay for, hot water, parking is not advertised but we did not find a problem finding one. There is a little mini market on the corner just outside the hotel. The bathroom was cleaned every day, bath towels were replaced daily. Breakfast was basic but good. Friendly and welcoming staff at reception. Overall we had a pleasant stay.

• Standard Queen Room

They could've had a bottle of water in the room upon arrival.

I liked that the hotel was very clean and quiet for sleeping, plus it's in a convenient location.

• Standard Queen Room

Kind staff at the reception. Very good position, near the city center and some good restaurants with local dishes. Clean and quiet room, with comfortable bed.

• Standard Queen Room

The entree of the hotel was not clean. Bread on the stairs.They don't clean under the bed and don't clean the door of the bathroom.

The bed and shower

• Standard Queen Room

The neighborhood looks dodgy. It is probably fine...but doesn't LOOK all that great! Yet, its right in the midst of a major University!! You wouldn't know it...graffiti everywhere, broken glass on streets...crumbling buildings...but the HOTEL ITSELF is absolutely fine.

The hotel is very clean and comfortable, and the staff were exceptionally friendly. It isn't THEIR fault that Bucharest is a city with crumbling buildings, graffiti everywhere, and a sense that things are not what they should be. In fact, Bucharest is a city in need of serious infusion of local investment funds, changes in laws that allow land-owners to let historic buildings rot away (that was REALLY heart-breaking!), and some serious neighborhood pride. The people are wonderful, but Bucharest needs some serious attention. Still...this hotel was located centrally, and an easy walk to some of the more interesting aspects of the city.

• Standard Queen Room

The best of this hotel is the location. 7 minutes walking to the center. The price is okay. The room is nice and it was clean. The receptionist was really kind and helpful, he even search for us the timetable of the trains and explained how to get there. The breakfast was nice, you have salty and sweet things, coffee, toast, juices (no natural), cheese, charcuterie...

• Standard Twin Room

Breakfast was cold most mornings.

Nice quite spot about 10 minutes walk from the old town with plenty of night life and good restaurants. Friendly helpful staff and clean rooms. If you are booking airport Transfers and excursions, do it through the hotel the transport company was excellent.

• Standard Queen Room

The housekeepers talking loud , the bed mattress old and not comfortable. When we enter the restaurant for our breakfast the serving staff didnt bother to aproch us or clean the only table that was available. No smile , no costumer service no efficiency she seems robotic busy The breakfast wasnt replenished when food was depleted No greeting as we walk in or out Poor attendance

The staff at the reception friendly, helpful Good location Value for money

• Standard Queen Room

Hotel does not have own parking spots and sometimes could be difficult finding a free spot on the street. However one can manage.

very comfortable bed and nice scent to the Sheets. friendly staff and a good breakfast.

• Standard Queen Room

The staff were superb. We asked the staff if we could heat some leftovers from earlier and they heated it for us. They upgraded our room at no additional charge. The breakfast was great with many options.

• Standard Queen Room

The room had a comfortable bed and was spotlessly clean. Breakfast was quite good with a range of food options available. The hotel is in a quiet residential area but close to the city centre with a nice park across the road.

• Standard Queen Room

Everything was very good at the hotel and it is in a wonderful area only a short walk from all main sights. We want to especially note the helpful service we received at the front desk from Dinu.

The warm blanket had a lot of stains on it, which gave me an uncomfortable feeling. What i didn't like at all was the fact that when i checked out early in the morning and i asked if i can leave my luggage at the hotel, the receptionist (being busy at that moment with a tourist) told me to put it in a corner. i put it there and left, thinking that after finishing the discussion with the other person, he will put my luggage somewhere else (more safe, not where everybody has access to), but when i came back in the evening, my things were in the same place (in a corner of the lobby). not such a pleasant thing

It is my third stay at trianon (2012, 2016 and this year). The location is good (not far from a metro station, walking distance to the center), near Cismigiu (beautiful) park, the area is really quite, breakfast was good, comfortable bed, friendly staff, spacious room (no 112), clean, strong wifi signal, big flat screen TV, i didn't hear any noise from the neighbours, sufficient light in the room, deposit box and minibar. I would come back to this hotel, unless... please see the things i didn't like

• Standard Queen Room

Very big room, comfortable bed, amazing shower. You can say only good things about the room. Very good breakfast. Good price compared to other hotels in the area.

• Standard Queen Room

Good location, on a quite street, just near Cismigiu Park, at a walking distance to Victoriei Bulevard and University. Excellent breakfast with plenty of choices. I met the staff only at checkin (less than 5 minutes) and checkout- less than 1 minute - very efficient. High speed wireless.

• Standard Twin Room

Not many restaurants close to the hotel

Really nice hotel , good value for money, 15 minute walk to old town. Really good breakfast The park nearby was great to visit. The best thing with the location I would stay here again.

• Standard Queen Room

Second time here and again received excellent service. Room was quite large and bathroom as well. Great shower and plenty of hot water to go round. Had byo drinks in the courtyard and staff were very accommodating in supplying glasses and opening wine. They were so great we decided to eat in the restaurant downstairs instead of going out. Quite a lovely surprise as the food and service was excellent. The young lady from the restaurant should be commended for her excellent service as she took great care to make sure we were looked after. Would definitely recommend friends to stay here.

• Standard Queen Room

Beds a little hard but still had an OK sleep.

The staff are wonderful and really look for ways to make things easy. Most speak reasonable English which makes things easy. Alex on day desk has exceptional customer service and went out of his way to help us with an additional nights stay. The hotel is close to the centre of everything and easy walk to Old Town. Supermarket just down the road and a mini mart across the road. Breakfast is pretty good and fresh fruit available.

hard to say

Supremely friendly and helpful staff. Comfortable beds, Clean bathroom facilities with impressive shower pressure. working Aircon (which was very helpful as the weather was 32 whilst I was there). Breakfast was plentiful fresh and delicious. Clean bedroom. Simple design. Pretty quiet. very close to a cute park and within reasonable walking distance to the old town. great addition of having in room coffee, tea and kettle. and although I didn't take anything from the mini bar there is a fridge which may be useful if you have anything that needs to be kept cold such as medication. Also has an atm in the lobby which is useful

• Standard Queen Room

Nothing that comes to mind

• Standard Queen Room

Very nice hotel, in a good location. The staff has been extremely kind and let me to check-in even before 12. The rooms are lovely and the bathrooms comfortable. The breakfast is generous and assorted (fruit, vegetables, meat, cheese, bread, croissant, yogurt, cereal, ... everything!).

• Standard Queen Room

The hotel seems a bit outdated, carpet everywhere (not great for allergic people) and the bed is a bit noisy :)

The location is very convenient, the staff very helpful and nice.

Staff at breakfast not so friendly. Because of my food allergies (milk and eggs) I've asked for some soya milk, but that was not made available at the hotel (while other hotels gladly provide it). Also, the transfer from the airport to the hotel is very expensive (€ 30 one way), while the express bus will cost you only 3.5 RON (approx. € 0,95). Of course, when you travel by bus (bus 783), there is still a short walk to the hotel (from bus stop Piața 21 Decembrie 1989). Might be less interesting when you carry a lot of luggage.

Spacious and quiet room, modern bathroom with walk-in shower. Staff at reception was very friendly, cleaning staff also very friendly. Hotel is situated in a quiet street near a nice park (Grădina Cișmigiu). If I would go to Bucharest again, I would stay again in this hotel.

• Standard Queen Room

everything was perfect. excellent service, nice room, a various breakfast, and a good location near old city and a nice park. I would definetely recommend the hotel

• Standard Queen Room

Nice standard rooms with plenty of room and good air conditioning. Breakfasts were OK but nothing wonderful - although good real coffee maker which you can keep helping yourself to.

Ground floor room was noisy. Could hear noise from other residents day and night. There was a food menu on the front door of the hotel but when we asked to order food we were told it was not an option.

Staff were friendly. Great location and reasonable price. The breakfast buffet had a good variety of food. Fast WiFi.

• Standard Queen Room

Found it really difficult to use the key card to get into the room; it was very temperamental. Also found the air conditioning wasn't the best either - even on full fan it failed to cool the room.

Great breakfast included with the room rate, friendly staff and located in a location great for both the centre and the train station. Modern room with fridge and kettle meant I could have a cup of tea too.

Poor hotel airport shuttle service. We paid 30 euro for the very poor service! We waited more than an hour in the airport. We had to make several phone calls to chasing up for our shuttle service. Feel really regret to book it. We should have just taken one from the airport, would be cheaper and quick :-(

Good location and good breakfast

We had such a great stay at Hotel Trianon. The service was excellent, the breakfast was very good, and the location was just perfect for us. We enjoyed going to the park all the time.

The air condition did not work well, resulting in problems with the temperature (warm weather).

Convenient location, near Cismigiu Park. Good breakfast. Mini market nearby. Friendly and smiling receptionists.

• Standard Twin Room

I had a few points I disliked. 1. It was excellent we had a kettle but we never got a teaspoon and the coffee/tea wasn't always replaced after room service. 2. The room wasn't vacuumed as I had hairs sometimes sticking to my feet. Ew! 3. One day my mother (who I was traveling with) didn't have her towel replaced.

Its the first time I was completely comfortable with the bed and pillow. Loved that! The window was huge and we could open it entirely. The TV had a nice variety of channels. The staff were ok. No particular effort was done but they were nice. The breakfast was nicely varied. The room was excellently sized for two people.

• Standard Queen Room

The A.C. is not strong enough

The two guys in the reception have been the nicest, the neatness, and the price. The hotel location in the midway between train station and the center of the city was perfect for our trip. If we visit Bucarest again we will be there again.

Nada.

This hotel was everything I needed - comfortable bed, quiet, good location, satisfactory breakfast and the staff were lovely. I have no complaints.

The bathroom had all kinds of hair on the floor when I first entered. The AC didn't work in the room either.

The staff were great, the rooms were good size for the money, the bathrooms were modern and the beds comfortable. The breakfast was a large and varied buffet. The location is only 15 minutes walk to the old town and anywhere else you would want to visit in the city center.

Nothing to complain!

Good location, very good breakfast (till 12 on weekends!), clean and comfortable rooms, helpfull and smiled stuff, fast wifi, not exspensive, nothing more needed :)

• Standard Queen Room

The only thing I could mention is that we stayed in the room 008 which is the farthest away from the reception, and the wifi didn't reach our room, but they were working on it. We stayed in 5 rooms in total in this hotel and I can confirm wifi is really great all aound the hotel

It's our second year at this great hotel. Last year we were in a 'big family format' with our parents and our kids - 3 generations and everyone enjoyed the stay. This year it was just the 2 of us in a really big room, with couch and double bed. As the taxi left us on the narrow street, the outside looks didn't predict the great accommodation that this hotel is inside. My phone immediately recognized the free wifi network so I felt immediately welcome and at home. I didn't need help with going around town as I am from Bucharest myself originally, but I definitely enjoyed the proximity to the Cismigiu park and could walk all around the center in very short time. Regarding shopping, best shopping in Bucharest is in the numerous and luxurious malls, but for that I recommend taking a taxi. Travelling by taxi is extremely cheap and handy at the price of 0.30€/km. I paid 5.50€ to go to the airport which is quite far out of the city. We appreciated the breakfast, it is as close to continental as you can find in Romania, the bed quality is amazing, everything is very clean, people are nice - in one word great for our purpose.

• Standard Queen Room

I was transiting from 5 days at the Danube Delta (Tulcea) to my flight the next day to Milan. The central location of the hotel was ideal, (on a tram line) and a short waling distance of a lovely 19th century public park. Room and hotel staff were good and pleasant.

• Standard Queen Room

Everything was great at the hotel, one little problem with the air conditioning not cooling the room enough but that was a minor problem as didn't spend a lot of time in the room. The staff were very helpful with anything you needed, info and booking excursions. Location was good, great base for getting out sightseeing . Great stay.

• Standard Queen Room

The airconditioning didn't work two of the three nights that we stayed in June. It was very hot even with the window open. The noise from the frequent tram directly outside the front of the hotel kept us awake at night.

The staff tried. Breakfast was ok. There was a medium sized public park with a good Italian restaurant surrounded by a small lake that served good meals that were reasonably priced.

• Standard Queen Room

There was a problem with the air-conditioning, the temperature in the room was 30 degrees, but the staff was doing his best to fix the problem.

The position is very close to Cișmigiu Gardens. The room is clean and comfortable. Good international breakfast.

• Standard Queen Room

Great, helpful and welcoming staff, good location in the city center, next to Cismigiu Park, cosy and big room. Large variety to choose from at breakfast. We recommend and we will return with pleasure

Do not place the keycard, that works as the room key, next to your mobile. It won´t work, then.

Nice position next to a park near the city centre. The room was clean and tidy, breakfast is rich and WIFI works well.

• Standard Queen Room

Toast bread with a bad smell and uncooked eggs in the breakfast buffet.

Awesome location and friendly staff. The bed was really comfortable and I also liked the large shower.

Small room.

Staff were very helpful. Loved the park across the street. It was very pleasant to walk around in especially in the evening. Room was quiet.

• Standard Queen Room

The location is very convenient for us ,just need 1.6km from the main train station . The hotel is near one big park ,and there is one traditional resturant .

Browse Hotel Trianon traveller photo gallery