Reviews of West City Hotel 4 stars

Cartier Floresti, str Avram Iancu nr 442-446, 407280 Cluj-Napoca, Romania

#22 of 64 hotels in Cluj-Napoca

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Clean rooms,good breakfast.

Very noisy rooms, next to the road and next to a warehouse. Difficult dialogue with the reception. Nothing in the minibar. Not exactly in Cluj. In the morning can take 45 min to downtown.

Clean rooms,good breakfast.

Perfect for our needs

Some problems with the AC but the staff switched our room with a bigger one that had windows that faced outside so we could open them for cool air.

Services were good and staff was very responsive. Location was somewhat out of town but perfect for our needa. Breakfast ok but not to die for. Iulius Mein coffee which was unexpected :)

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Very special and nice hotel that needs new beds and a few detail adjustments to the restaurant.

The bed was awful, very hard and uncomfortable. The interior of the restaurant did not measure up with the rest of the hotel, so did the service. A detail: when you say it is orange juice, then deliver orange juice instead of lemonade.

Modern, nice style. Special interior. Nice receptionists. Quick check-in and check-out, even late at night

Breakfast was fine, decent coffee.

Rooms didn't have a view, only of working sites.

Breakfast was fine, decent coffee. Nice deck with a view. Elevator and hallway give a nice feel, overall.

Good experience overall but access to city is extremely slow at rush hour

Decor was somewhat dated but otherwise in good condition. Bathroom products were of poor quality. Access to Cluj city centre is extremely slow due to excessive amounts of traffic (almost 1 hour at rush hour). I would probably not stay in the hotel again because of this issue

Junior suite was very spacious. Staff were helpful an efficient. Room price was also reasonable

very nice

Very nice and modern hotel. The food very good. Very clean. The staff very friendly and kind. Very close a shopping center with a lot of shops and restaurants. Not in the center of the city but with a good communication with the city.

good location for my stay, receptionists were helpful and...

restaurant was average only. i got cheeseburger which was not as good as i expected, no draft beer (question of preferences) but the service in restaurant was not adequate- ignoring me quite a long time with empty plates and glass on my table. I stayed two nights and after this experience, the second night i went to Vivo shopping centre where was a lot of possibilities (Pizza Hut, KFC, etc.)...

good location for my stay, receptionists were helpful and friendly, nothing to say against the hotel

Comfortable bed, delicious breakfast,

The dinner was delicious, but the serving needs to be improved we waited too much to receive our drinks. At breakfast I would have liked to receive black bread as well.

Comfortable bed, delicious breakfast,

Good price

Car park is full after 8 PM, hotel is located next to busy road, you can hear it from 6am to 11pm. Big traffic jam each day after 3 pm

Spacious room, brand new hotel, nice breakfast

The check in receptionist was not very warm/polite.

Only one cofee machine available at breakfast, quite crowded to have a coffee.

The check in receptionist was not very warm/polite. Even if it was 11 PM I was expecting to be a bit more welcoming. The bar was closed at that time. Considering the position of the hotel ( outside the city) it was the only chance to get a drink before going to sleep. Very clean room, comfy beds. Good breakfast.

Good hotel with good food

The restaurant service was slow.

The hotel has interesting interior, the recetionists were kind and polite, the room was clean and warm. The breakfast was amazing - they even had a lactose free milk! I recommend it! It's a nice place to stay in Cluj.

This is a beautiful hotel with easy access from a main road with a great breakfast and comfy rooms!!

This is a nice hotel with easy parking. They have their own lot in front of the hotel. The hotel is easy to find as it is on a main road through the city. The hotel is next to a huge mall that is beautiful with many stores and services to offer clients. The staff were friendly. The room was spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was good. The breakfast was really delicious with many options to choose from. I would stay there again if I was ever passing through again. And Romania is a must see. A beautiful country. We really enjoyed Transylvania and Pele's Castle is a must see. That is beautiful.

Good value and helpful staff.

It was a little bit noisy as near to a busy road but we still slept well with earplugs in.

The staff were very helpful and moved us to a room further away from the road upon request. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast had plenty of choice with vegan options in the buffet.

Staff very kind

we are going to this hotel for years, this is the first time we was very disappointed, heating system no working in the room, bad smell . Hotel in renovation, they should indicate this on booking.

Staff very kind

Best short stay ever!

Arrived very late to the property, yet we still received a warm welcome and for no extra charge we've got offered a room with a double bed! Modern decor, loved the colours, great shower and the breakfast was pure amazing just like the service received.

Au fost prompti in a schimba o camera in care persista un...

la ora 12:30(standard) am fost evacuati(duminica,hotel gol...) Am primit prima data o camera ft mica si care mirosea a canal oribil

Au fost prompti in a schimba o camera in care persista un miros groaznic

Great breakfast.

Can't think of one thing!

Great breakfast. Excellent staff and facilities. Right on the main road and so very convenient for travelling. Will stay here again!

Modern and comfortable place to stay.

I had a small technical problem with the shower(the shower head detached from the hose) which i reported to the front desk and hopefully it will be fixed.

Very Modern with all the necessary facilities for a comfortable stay.

Design of the hotel was nice.

We arrived between 13:00 and 14:00, exhausted after a 8 hour drive,... then the receptionist told us that the room system is not working 😡, therefore we can get a room yet (although we paid it in advance). They said, we can wait around 90 minutes in the lobby until the problem is solved. You, know after a 8 hour drive, you just need a room and a shower,... unfortunately they didn´t offered us not even a drink or something to reduce the unconvenience😤. However, we didn´t want to wait, and we drove to the nearest Mall and watched a movie meanwhile. After we came back, they told us that the system is still not working😖, but they will give us a room. The room we got was dirty🤢, somebody was too hurry while cleaning. We found hair in the bathroom, the toilet was not clean enough, you could see the piss on the toilet. the bed was ok, but also a hair in it. Too much dust. etc. We asked for another room, and we got one, which was much better. The breakfast was terrible😫. For a 4 Stars hotel you expect more different types of bred, meat, etc. The juice bottles always were empty, although the waiter walked by at least 5 times, but didn´t react. Than we asked to bring some juice, because there were still 30 minutes until closing breakfast and we still wanted to enjoy the morning. Very weak breakfast service. I don´t recommend the service here. The hotel is pretty nice, although a little bit far from the city, but the service is terrible. They do not pay attention to the client and they don´t want to keep the client, that was my feeling. They weren´t fighting in order to help us change our opinion. If I were the HR Manager, I would train or dismiss some of the employees. If I were the General Manager I would dismiss the HR Manager. All in all, a house full of problems. Definitely not worthy of 4 Stars. As a vlogger and Branding specialist, I can say this: There are no 4 or 5 Stars Hotels. The stars are always defined by its employees.

Design of the hotel was nice. That´s it.

Good accommodation option in Cluj around the mall

I got around 10.30 pm - the restaurant was already closed, the bar too...no chance to have a bite if you are hungry...there is no place around the bath sink to put your toiletries...a bit anoying running to the desk and back for your toothbrush :)

super friendly receptionist, nice big room, comfy bed, clean and modern furniture, big parking lot in front of the building, easy to find your way if you come from the airport, close to the local mall

Excellent Staff.

Location is outside of town and on the main road, so a car or taxi is the only way to reach it or town.

Excellent Staff. Large double room. Strange bathroom/shower layout as the shower with in the room.

Good hotel, poor location

The hotel is located outside of the city, in an industrial area, the taxis won't even take you. Don't be fooled by the photos.

Nice design of the hotel abd the room, helpful staff, very good breakfast.

Good hotel but far from the airport

15km from the airport through the city traffic means over an hour by the car. Under construction areas around, some noise during the day. Arrived 3 hours earlier than 14:00 and was not possible to accomodate.. but would have been possible for a charge equal to half a day of accomodation. Tried to reserve a room from the reception for a night several days later - possible for a price 50% higher than the regular one. I didn't notice advertised anywhere in the hotel the above extra charges. Is a 4* hotel, not a bazaar.

Good restaurant, breakfast ok, room ok.

The staff where very friendly and helpful and any request...

They said the restaurant was open till 10.00pm but last order would be at 9.45 we went in at around 9.15 and they served us no problem it took about 15 min for the food to come out and we had not even finished eating our main course before the brought out the desert and they started switching off light and closing doors and blinds at 10.00 sharp felt a bit rushed and actually took our deserted up to the room with us to eat at our leisure. So they need to look at that. The place is in a little out of town and surrounded by business and building work so not quite and there the main double road on either side right outside the hotel into the city centre that is at a stand still at rush hours in morning and evening I would say it more for businesses then a leisure hotel.

The staff where very friendly and helpful and any request was swiftly taken care of.

Nice and clean hotel

Shower drain was blocked

The room was spacey, bright and clean. Good breakfast and the staff were nice and helpful. Location is great, right outside the city, near a mall. Since downtown is always pretty crowded and hard to find parking, this turned out to be a great choice.

Nice hotel, the male staff could use some manners though ?

The male staff I found unfriendly, interrupting while on the phone to push drinks onto you, which I found rude.

Lovely rooms, great food. Friendly reception.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

The hotel seems to be quite new but there are a lot of...

As soon as I arrived (at about 1am), I paid and I reached my room. After 30 minutes, I was already in the bed trying to sleep, the receptionist called me to reach the reception because of a problem. I had to put my clothes on once again and reach the entrance. The girl was sorry and told me that the amount I paid was lower because of their mistake and I had to pay the difference. When I asked if they could not wait few hours later, after breakfast, the reply was no, we had to close this payment immediately. I paid and I reached my room. After few minutes, loud noises were coming from outside because a new building was (is) under construction. Result? I slept about 3 hours that night. Breakfast is definitely basic. Even such thing should be improved, if they want to be a 4 stars.

The hotel seems to be quite new but there are a lot of improvements that must be adopted.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

A bit disappointed!!!

The restaurant menu doesn't offer to many choices and it's extremely pricey.No hand,body lotion, quality shampoo and conditioner or bath robes in the bathroom,which a 4*hotel should offer. The staff at the restaurant they welcome you with long faces,like you're taking part in a funeral.Very far from the city so,if you don't drive you're kinda stuck.For shopping, only a mall,nothing else.I would say it's not a very good location for a hotel.

The staff at the reception were very friendly and helpful.The room was very clean and at high standards.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Great staff, very nice hotel

The breakfast was warm rather than piping hot. The location was slightly remote but in all fairness there is a lot of work being done to develop the area.

The staff were extremely helpful and the hotel well furbished. We enjoyed being able to eat at the hotel.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

The hotel (rooms, staff, cleanliness etc.

We had a bit of a surprise about the breakfast area. They are renovating the old breakfast area and moved everything in an improper space - the events hall. It was desolating and very cold. We would have appreciated a warning about this.

The hotel (rooms, staff, cleanliness etc.) was very good as usual.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Very pleasant stay

A little bit far from city center.

The room is very clean, very confi, smell very good. Breakfast is very delicious and rich. Polus Mall is very close.

Good location for us.

Good location for us. Clean hotel and good breakfast.

The stuff at the recepcion desk was very nice and friendly,...

The stuff at the recepcion desk was very nice and friendly, the hotel very clean, very good breakfast, great coffe!

breakfast was good, the matresses are getting a bit old.

breakfast was good, the matresses are getting a bit old. Good for business trips.

Very good value for money

Very good value for money

The best breakfast in Cluj

The location is at floresht and it's always a traffic jam problem

Really good breakfast and room

Great place in Cluj

Only the location

Personal was so helpful and kind!

Check in greoi

Check in greoi

Comfortable bed, easy access

The shower is in the middle of the room, and there is no kettle to make your own beverages

Comfortable bed, easy access

Good business hotel focused on work traveller

Without gym

Good business hotel focused on work traveller

Friendly staff, good breakfast.

To warm in the room. Nothing else

Friendly staff, good breakfast.

Very good place to stay.

Very serviceminded staff, excellent breakfast!

It was too cold in the room!

It was too cold in the room! Low to none WiFi signal in the room!

Thumbs up for the fact they have a restaurant.

It was a bit chilly in the restaurant. Other than that, everything else was fine.

Thumbs up for the fact they have a restaurant.

pleasant

the smell of the scrumbled eggs in the room at 6.30 am coming up from the kitchen

The design

All was OK

All was OK

Convenient for travel stop

Restaurant is below standards

Convenient for travel stop

One of the best hotels I‘ve ever stayed in Romania!

One of the best hotels I‘ve ever stayed in Romania!

The huge bed, silent room, very clean room, very proactive...

No restaurant for lunch.

The huge bed, silent room, very clean room, very proactive staff, good breakfast.

comfy bed, good breakfast choice

no parking available due to some ongoing event

comfy bed, good breakfast choice

Everything excellent

close to city center

excellent breakfast

Dissapointing. Price is way above the offer!

Decorations are kitchy!

Very good breakfast

We didn't like the beds

Pretty good

The breakfast is very good

Air conditioning does not work properly and the refrigerator is a refrigerator with its name because it does not cool.

The breakfast is very good

Excelent

Lipsa piscinei.

Excelent

Sleep like a king, best value for Money in Cluj !,,

Most confortable beds ever. Really the best !!!!

Exllent Freindly staff and nice rooms.

to short stay :)

Exllent Freindly staff and nice rooms. It looks like a NEW hotel.

Nice hotel 8km far from the center

Noisy rooms, the hotel is 8km far from the center

Nice breakfast, nice rooms,

Nu a functionat aerul conditionat in camera.

Nu a functionat aerul conditionat in camera.

Super

Arhitectura

Excelent recomand

A very nice experience in a new and modern hotel in Cluj.

Everything was perfect!New

Very quiet and nice hotel with a good breakfast.

The small size of the area around the sink to place personal toiletries.

Liked the variety of options available at breakfast.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Clean modern rooms, tasty various breakfast

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

NIce place to stay, good breakfast, recommend to anybody

NIce place to stay, good breakfast, recommend to anybody

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Excellent hotel for business travelers!

Excellent breakfast, very clean, strong wi-fi, very polite staff, big parking area

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

100%

It's far away from the city center

Very quiet and clean

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

One of the best

Super

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

nice rooms, modern and new.

No atmosphere in the restaurant and bar.

nice rooms, modern and new. parking on site. Good value for money

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Everything😄 The rooms are very beautiful and the sevices are...

Everything😄 The rooms are very beautiful and the sevices are amazing😉

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Nice

Softer mattress than we like Need a light weight blanket besides the heavy one

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017