Reviews of Garni Hotel Centar 4 stars

Uspenska 1, 21000 Novi Sad, Serbia

#4 of 40 hotels in Novi Sad

9.8

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

They only let us payed for one night and a reservation cost...

First of all, before we came to the hotel we sent emails for their help to book tickets for bus they said no directly without trying. After that we emailed them again for booking a taxi for us from the bus station to the hotel cuz the day we came was rainy they refused again. When we arrived at the hotel, the reception lady told us to wait for an hour to check in because the room is not ready yet then we went out for a walk. After we came back to the hotel was about two hours later, they didn’t even help us to put our luggage into our room. We asked for another room card they refused by multiple reasons and if they do give us we have to left the extra card before we went out. Finally, we went into the room, the first impression was awful. There were lots of stains on the carpet and even some chips residue on it. And the ac remote was not working, it was really cold in the room. Then what the purpose of us to wait for an hour to let the room be ready?? We went to the reception and told them about the situation in the room. The reception lady first said since she is the only person in the hotel so she can not clean the stains for us. And when she heard about the ac remote is not working she told us to turn it off or she can turn off for us so that we will not feel cold anymore. We were using the first room in the corridor and the sound insulation is poor, when they stated to prepare the breakfast on first floor and the clashes of the dishes woke us up at 5:50am. When we try to get something to eat from the cafe for breakfast, there was a lot of flies flying above the food they prepared. During the night the temperature in the room was extremely low and the ac could not be turn off in the room. The ashes in the carpet made us had Allergie reactions. Disgusting room. Scant staffs. haha. The services provided did not deserve a FOUR STARS hotel.

They only let us payed for one night and a reservation cost even we booked the hotel room for two days but we only stayed for one night.

Modern Hotel with great staff in perfect location

There was only one Iron and Ironing Board available to use between all guests, so it is better to iron your clothes well in advance of when you need it, to avoid not having iron available.

Great location only across the road from the old town, with plenty of cafes and restaurants. The staff was friendly and helpful in arranging all requests, not only hotel related ones. The breakfast was good with a wide range of food to choose from, I only wish they had extended opening hours for the weekend and during EXIT festival. It is amazing value for money.

Good value for money

Breakfast could have bigger variete in the food. But what was there was good.

Very nice hotel in the center of the city. easy access to walking street with shops, restaurants and bars

Professional and friendly staff, spacious and clean room,...

Not easy to find, very narrow underground parking with carlift.

Professional and friendly staff, spacious and clean room, comfortable bed, good breakfast. Very close to the old centre.

Spacious room, decent breakfast, grrr stuff

Stuff behaviour. We've asked for the second key and we've never got it. Answers were, yes, but can you pick it up later. Then, sorry, our system was down. Then they just "forgot" it. Bed covers could have been better.

Big room. Excellent location. Very decent breakfast.

Good location, bad beds

Awful matrasses, bed quality was very, very bad; smoking is allowed in the lobby and it is the smell of tabac everywhere, including breakfast area.

Staff was very helpful, spacious rooms, perfect location, parking was a bit tricky, yet available and with no additional costs.

Perfect location!

Great location, very spacious and comfortable room, the whole place is very clean and rarher new! Most from the "what to see in Novi Sad" list is in walking distance. Great value!

I will go back

It would have been better if I could have stayed longer

I liked everything in this hotel Fantastic architecture, fantastic position, fantastic room, fabulous breakfast, excellent reception service

Location, room size, parking garage.

The prices were reasonable, so I thought it would be worth staying at a "4 star" hotel. Centar is decent, but a far cry from 4 stars at home. The lady at the front desk was nice enough, but at no point did anyone offer to help with our luggage, offer us advice, in general staff was scant. Not a big deal at all but usually 4 stars implies a higher level of attention to guest comfort. The parking garage was a plus, so was the location which is central and very good. The room was big and comfy, but smelled of cigarettes (same with the lobby, which had a mediocre vibe and ambience). I assume it was made into a non smoking room some time ago but new carpeting hadn't been put in. Not a huge deal, I'm just sensitive to that smell. The breakfast was decent- meat, cheese and some warm options including eggs and sausage, grilled vegetables. But I had a very bad experience at breakfast. I prefer to eat in my room- I usually eat while I'm doing work and I prefer a quiet environment. Also my husband has food allergies and always brings his own food so I like to eat with him. I grabbed a cup of coffe- made from a machine- and some bread with a single egg and some tomato slices. I was walking out when I was stopped in a very unfriendly manner by a staff member. He said "stop!" Not excuse me, not sorry, just "stop." When I did, he asked if I was eating breakfast in the breakfast room. I was a bit confused- clearly I was headed up the stairs- and I explained that no, I always eat in my room. He said - again no smile, no apologies, voice elevated- "that's not allowed. You can't take away food. Didn't you see the sign?" At this point two tables of guests were turned around looking at me- it was honestly very humiliating. I said I was sorry, I definitely didn't see a sign and I'd never heard of such a rule. I told him I wasn't taking extra food (maybe that was the reason for the rule?

Location, room size, parking garage.

All in all it is a hotel I can strongly recommend.

All in all it is a hotel I can strongly recommend. Nearby the centre of the twon but some 100m far away to have sufficient distance. The hotel staff is polite and competent. The room is bigger than other hotel room and my room was very clean.

Great place in the heart of Novi Sad

Very nice and cosy hotel. Hospitable and helpful staff. Excellent breakfast buffet with a wide variety of food. Great location in the heart of Novi Sad.

The location is just perfect

No signs where to park or stop to access the hotel. Access to parking space is in a side street behind a bus station in a blind alley.

The location is just perfect

Good value for price.

Beds were very uncomfortable. Could feel the springs. Sheets wouldn't stay tucked in. Tops of sheets on mattress were frayed at the top as if they were torn.

Breakfast buffet very good. Server was very pleasant & accommodating.

I have enjoyed my stay and would book this hotel again.

My room, whilst very large and comfortable, was looking very tired. Cleaning could have been better. Also despite being in a non-smoking room, I could still smell cigarette smoke coming from other parts of the hotel. The reception area was particularly bad.

the location of the hotel was excellent so were the views of the main square. The staff could not have been more helpful.

Nice business hotel in the very center of Novi Sad

Coffee machine in the room would be great. (However, they do have room service.)

Nice standard business hotel in the very center of town. The room was comfortable, clean and spacious; the breakfast was usual hotel fare but good quality and fresh, and I have to say the check-in and check-out were probably the fastest I've ever experienced :) I should also add that they have a great selection of English-language TV channels -- I do not normally watch TV but I was very tired this time and it was a very welcome distraction.

In the heart of the city!

Because we were staying in a smoking room you could smell the odour of the cigarettes and you could see some burnt marks on the carpet, it wasn`t a big problem for us because we are smokers but if you are not don`t take the smoking room!

The hotel is modern, the rooms are spacious, the staff really friendly and the location is awesome! The hotel is situated in the strict city center and some rooms have a nice view of the main square and of the cathedral.

Wonderful hotel with friendly staff

The staff at Centar is very friendly; the breakfast is extensive and available until 11:00, so even those who sleep in can have breakfast. The rooms are very comfortable. And everything is within easy walking distance. This was my second stay here and I will always come back here when traveling to Novi Sad.

Great view over the city

The noise from the street and the heat since the walls are made of glass, therefore it's so hot unless the air conditioner is constantly switched on.

Big and specious rooms, the view, and the city center location

Best place to stay in central Novi Sad

Coffee at breakfast

Location is excellent. However the use of the parking elevator could be challenging for unexperienced drivers it is a big bonus that they have garage

Light and clear perfection in the center

A litlle bit far from Railway station, but it is because the station is 2km from the center :)

Nice new building, looks very spacy, because of architectural decisins, light in the lobby, coridors and the rooms flows free and give perfect result. Near the center, perfect view from the windows, huge rooms.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Location in very heart of Novi Sad.

Very narrow lift to garage, with a bigger car it is very hard to park out...

Location in very heart of Novi Sad. Nicely, modernly furbished. Free garage in the mid of the city. Hospitable and resourceful staff.

Excellent hotel on top location

- View from breakfast room is amazing and the breakfast has so many varieties . Stuff is so professional and very kind. I you want an excellent hotel on top location, Hotel Centar it is!

Great spacious modern bedroom.

Parking garage underground - accessed by lift. Very tight entrance to the lift from inside. Glad I wasn't in a car larger than a station wagon.

Great spacious modern bedroom. Plenty of light (got an end room).

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Nice hotel, but a bit overpriced for what they offer

The air conditioner wasn't working properly, the shampoo is horrible and there aren't enough amenities. No tissues, toothbrushes, body soap etc.

The rooms were bright and big. When we had a problem the staff responded quickly.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Excellent hotel in Novi Sad

entrance in the garage, as we were travelling with bigger car.

Very big, clean and comfortable room with nice view. Location is perfect, right in the city center. Staff was nice and helpful. Good price.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

A smart clean, modern and comfortable hotel.

No opportunity to make a hot drink in the room (no kettle or cups). Amazing for a 4 star hotel.

A smart clean, modern and comfortable hotel. The ambience was delightful, a room looking over the city centre square. Location in the city, perfect.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Good hotel in Novi Sad

Very nice rooms with very comfortable beds. The staff were very service minded and helpful. Just five minutes walk from the shopping district in Novi Sad.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Great stay in Novi Sad

Breakfast is a little tight, it could could improve.

Great staff (receptionist girls were extra kind and helpful). Beautiful rooms. The location is fantastic.

nice big room

the extra bed is not very comfortable there was no shower cabin in our bathroom. it was broken. in our second room the bath flush didnt work so we couldnt take a bath. the hotel needs a little renovation

nice big room nice heating system good brekfastl

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Very good city hotel

The heating's temperature too high (24ºC is neither healthy nor ecologic!) and it was not possible to lower it, even if you did it manually, after a while it would go back to 24º. The lower bed sheet would not stay in place

Very good hotel in a new building, in the very center of the town, but quiet at night (anyway we asked for a room on a side street). Very large room, good size bathroom. Very good free wi-fi, free parking (you have to take a side street before actually reaching the front door of the hotel), free standard breakfast (perhaps people who eat salty have a better choice of food). The breakfast hall had a very nice view on the city.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Excellent location, various breakfast.
    • Special Offer - Double Room with Weekend Package

From the four star hotel in city center, rated as Wonderful (9.3) we expected bedclothes are not ragged at least.

Excellent location, various breakfast.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Extremely comfortable hotel in the very heart of Novi Sad

It is a hotel in the very center of Novi Sad, which helps a lot especially if you don't have that much time. Big windows help to enjoy an amazing view, rooms are big and comfortable, and the breakfast was so good that I ate more than I actually could :)

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Recommended

Aproach to the hotel entrance from taxi or similar is a bit tricky due to the fact is next to the street with high traffic.

Everything was perfect. Huge room, tidy..nice and modern. Staff were very polite.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Not value for money
    • Special Offer - Double Room with Weekend Package

Our room wasnt so clean(table was dirty plus i found a cigarette between our window propably of someone previus.curtains had a hole from cigarette.Overpriced,breakfast just medium.These things in 4 star hotel shouldnt exist

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

exceptional

the bed was really extra comfy:-))))), the room was very big, the restaurant very , the restaurant was very pleasant and the breakfast very very good, the staff very nice:-)))

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Best stay in Novi Sad!

Very few minor things that could've been better, but the positives definitely outweighed the negatives! Since it was a heat-wave period, the AC took a while to cool the room. There weren't enough towels in the room upon arrival but that was immediately rectified for the rest of the trip. Room service was limited only to beverages; it would've been great if some basic food was available apart from breakfast.

I can't write enough about the staff. Everyone was so helpful and ready to go out of their way to make sure our needs were met, from the reception to the bar service staff. Breakfast was delicious, rooms were comfortable and clean. Although we were told that laundry service wasn't available on Sundays, i still got my shirts cleaned and pressed and delivered on Sunday afternoon! The breakfast had everything we needed and tasty indeed. Location was like winning a lottery ticket! Cross the road and you're bang in the middle of the city centre. Couldn't have asked for a better choice of hotel.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

great location, could be cleaner
    • Special Offer - Double Room with Weekend Package

The room felt dirty because the carpets were terribly stained. We inexplicably got a room with a sofa bed all made up (which we didn't request and which took up tons of space and made the room feel small) and when we put it away, tons of dirt and debris flew out. We would have been happier with our stay if the room had been thoroughly cleaned.

The location was great and the staff were friendly.

Central

Very noisy as its near heavy traffic area

Central

Location and modern

Location and modern

Huge, quite room.

Stains in the carpet.

Huge, quite room. Tasty breakfast. Close to downtown.

The staff was realy helpful and kind

The staff was realy helpful and kind The location is great, near old city center

The best location in Novi Sad, clean, great view, friendly...

The best location in Novi Sad, clean, great view, friendly staff and good breakfast.

No AC (at least not a working one)

No AC (at least not a working one)

Breakfast so so

Just awesome

Great they let me leave my car in garage after checkout!

Great hotel for a city break, excellent location

Great hotel for a city break, excellent location

extra friendly and helpful staff: pleasure staying there

extra friendly and helpful staff: pleasure staying there

breakfast is good

breakfast is good

Magnificent choice!

Location, breakfast, staff and value for money

Bathroom has no power socket

Bathroom has no power socket

Perfect

Very friendly and polite staff

Parking garage is a nightmare for any car bigger than Punto.

Very friendly and polite staff

I advice people to use this hotel if visiting Novi Sad

The location and was very clean

Excellent location and good rooms for the fair price.

Excellent location and good rooms for the fair price. Stayed there for the 3rd time and if I go to Novi-Sad again I will choose it again.

Clean and comfortable

Very spacious room.Excellent bathroom. Comfortable double bed. Good range of food at breakfast

All was fine and clean...

Was fine...

Great place!

The location and the facillities are great. Very cozy hotel, nice breakfast and the staff is helpfull.

Altogether we had a good stay in the hotel except temperature

The room was very cold at night and despite cool air in late September hey have not turned on heating systems

Very large room. Comfortable bed

Hair of the previous guest in the bath-tube.

Hair of the previous guest in the bath-tube.

Centrally located hotel

Breakfast is held very simple. The ladies at the reception appeared not very professional.

Spacious and clean room. Quick check in/out.

Location, service, parking, staff

Location, service, parking, staff

fantastic location, good sized and clean room, friendly and helping staff.

i had to ask for a toothpaste every single day. Breakfast options were not that great either.

location and the friendly staff

View is very good.

Very dirty floor carpet. Bad towels and linen. There was almoast no soap in the bathroom. No other toiletries available at all.

View is very good.

The best hotel in novi sad

Wonderful staff great room supper location

position was excellent

the room was quite loud because it overlooked the main street and the curtains did not really screen the sunlight

position was excellent

Right next to the old town.

Right next to the old town. Fancy.

Friendly staff, clean and comfortable rooms, excellent...

Friendly staff, clean and comfortable rooms, excellent location

Business trip to Novi Sad

Beds are small and not comfortable.

Convenient Location

Location, large modern room, underground parking, large TV...

Location, large modern room, underground parking, large TV set with many programmes, excellent A/C, good breakfast

great location, great staff

hotel is outdated but i did noticed that they did their best...

location was great, staff very friendly

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Great location!

Great location! Clean nice room!

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Garage of the hotel is simply not following any roles of...

Garage of the hotel is simply not following any roles of proper parking! Terrible! Don't go with car to this hotel!

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Second time in this hotel.

Second time in this hotel. Great property, great location. Excellent!

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

- good location

No disadvantages!

- good location - very kind and helpful staff - very comfortable,clean and modern rooms

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

The breakfast was wonderful!

The breakfast was wonderful! So fresh! I also liked that it lasted until 11 am.

Browse Garni Hotel Centar traveller photo gallery