Reviews of Borodino Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Ulitsa Rusakovskaya 13/5, Krasnoselsky, 107140 Moscow, Russia

#139 of 925 hotels in Moscow

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

FIFA WORLD CUP RUSSIA 2018
    • Standard Twin Room

Hotel is fine. Location is good and it`s a 7 minute walk from metro station, red line. Room is good and large. Maybe it`s a little beat noisy from outside, when the window is opened. Breakfast is very good. Wifi is ok. The bar behind the elevator is very good and opened 24/7.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

Not Tourist Friendly

Staff very unfriendly and inflexible-not helpful. Almost all the staff can't speak English. Breakfast is very poor. We rather went to Starbucks for breakfast. Bathrooms are old and not working properly. Not a 4 star hotel. Maybe 2 Star.

Received a very cold and unwelcoming reception the first day so it only spiralled downwards from there over the 5 days.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

Service is good.

Location. 10-15 minutes walk from metro station. Not many restaurants around.

Service is good. The reception staff speak good English and are willing to help. Fridge in the room is very helpful. Two bottles of water provided everyday. Shaving kit and dental kit will be provided if you ask.

• Reviewed: June 30, 2018

Terrible experience a nightmare that I want to forget
    • Standard Twin Room

We had e rooms and pay in advance for 3 nights , we requested to have at least 1 one the rooms available early check out for my 11 year old son and my up years old mom to rest when we booked but when we got to the hotel at 4 AM the room just got available at 1 Pm: when we were staying on the lobby the security was complaining that my mom and my son were sleeping at the lobby couch . That was just the beginning of our nightmare . My mom and my son ordered food at the bar while te rest of us when out to watch some of the World Cup event and they had problem ordering their food at the bar because the waitress did not acccept amaerican express and they did not want to have the bill charged on my room . I had to call the hotel from the stadium to talk to the manager and convince him to let my family eat I would pay whenever I get back to the hotel . There are no taxi cabs around the hotel so it takes 15 minutes waiting every time we want to leave to go out in Moscow downtown . The WiFi in the rooms are slow . I do not recommend anyone to stay on this hotel

The breakfast is the only good thing from the 3 nights we stayed there

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

Relaxed, secure and enjoyable.

Only thing I did not like were the low fence. The levels up to 12 are all with this low fence that might give you jelly in your legs if standing close by and looking down.

Nice hotel. The rooms are huge and can easily make room for another bed and there were no noise at level 11.

• Reviewed: May 24, 2018

Perfect stay .. like this hotel and will stay again

was a bit too hot in the room in the night and cant really regulate .. the keycard few times didn't work at the end of the day and required to go all the way downstairs to make a new one ..

Perfect stay , staff friendly, great food.. perfect location

• Reviewed: May 12, 2018

Enjoyable

I was in between the outer and inner automatic doors when I received a message, it was using the hotels WiFi, I didn't want to go out because the message was bad news from my home. I started to reply to the message to find out more information, I received several replies, as I am not in good health myself, I sat down on a wooden box. There was a hotel man inside the two door system, he was listening, very loudly, to president Putins inauguration speach. When he noticed me sitting down he started to give me a very aggressive reaction, telling me to get off the wooden box, as I was still involved with the bad news message, I just stood up and continued to reply to the WiFi message he went into the hotel, comes back to me in a few minutes and shouts at me I should be using a chair inside the hotel. I finished my message and continued to walk outside. Even though he had a good point to make to me, there was no need for the aggressive manner this man portrayed to me. As my stay was very enjoyable, I didn't give a bad review, but let me say this if anything else was wrong during my stay, I would have give bad review. I would like this man to be spoken to about his actions, and informed of the event thank you, Alan Keely, room 1107.

I liked the breakfast options, good selection. Short walk to the metro. Room was pretty big and well serviced. Most staff very friendly.

• Reviewed: April 20, 2018

Quet and rather big room

1) It takes time to get by a lift to your floor (I was at the highest one) or to the restaurant in the morning hours. 3 elevators are not enough, despite they're moving fast and seemed programmed to be smart. 2) Cheap bathroom equipment in my room couldn't let you to get proper water temperature in shower (sometimes too hot) and pressure is low (maybe the tap is small or the pipeline isn't enough size)

Quet and rather big room

• Reviewed: January 7, 2018

I like Moscow a lot
    • Standard Twin Room

They couldn’t arrange for taxi that I booked , unfortunately it happened 2 times that they made mistake , one time for the arrival time and one time for going time

I like my big warm room and bath

• Reviewed: December 26, 2017

It is a nice and comfortable hotel.
    • Standard Twin Room

The fridge was too noisy, had to turn it off.

A great breakfast, beautiful design, friendly staff. Sauna and swimming pool makes your stay even more pleasant. Just 10 minutes from the centre by underground. What else could you dream about? :)

• Reviewed: October 10, 2017

Interior of the hotel looks really nice although from the...
    • Standard Twin Room

Interior of the hotel looks really nice although from the outside it was quite hard to find it. Breakfast was amazing as there are various of options of food.

• Reviewed: September 18, 2017

Excellent value for money
    • Standard Twin Room

Road to parking is of very poor quality (would be tough for my car to pass there). At the same time they normally won't let you park near the hotel. What surprised me most was how rude security of the parking were. They spoiled the whole impression from the hotel, which otherwise was great

Excellent value for money Spacious rooms Very clean

• Reviewed: June 30, 2017

I was here not for the first time.

The furniture in the room and bathroom are modest for design and quality

I was here not for the first time. The position is very good because the hotel is between 2 metrò station of red line, the oldest line of Moscow Metrò. The size of the room is wonderful, gym and sauna are comfortable and well equipped. The quality of the breakfast shows an high level, particularly for russian standards of food. The staff is nice, helpful and competent

• Reviewed: June 5, 2017

my favorite hotel feels like home

to leave

variety in breakfast the spot of the hotel is easy to reach and next to a lot of facilities and entertainment the stuff and the reception girls were very nice always giving a smile

• Reviewed: May 28, 2017

Facinating Place

Extremely awesome hotel, rooms are big, stuff is nice and friendly, everything clean,bed super convinient and big. Interior inside the hotel is breathtaking. One of the best hotels I've ever been. Thank you for making my stay perfet!

• Reviewed: May 4, 2017

Great Hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

Pool and sauna facilities are nice but a little cramped, if there's any more than 6-8 people in the complex it can be a bit uncomfortable. The metro is a 10 minute walk, late at night there can be some questionable characters around the station so be vigilant! Other than that the area feels very safe.

Room was very spacious and luxurious, even though we chose the most basic room. The beds are extremely comfortable. Staff were helpful and polite and spoke good english. Breakfast is excellent. The location is adequate due to the proximity of two metro stations (10 minute walk), Sokolniki park is a ten minute walk away and is one of the nicest parks i've ever been to!

• Reviewed: April 25, 2017

Appreciate the help I've received from the staff...
    • Standard Twin Room

The property is actually a business hotel/conference venue, so it may be not a looker for holidaymaking.

Appreciate the help I've received from the staff straight after booking to get my visa in order (I needed a tourist invitation).

• Reviewed: April 24, 2017

Location Location Location

My room was far too warm for me even with windows open and air con off

The location for the Trade Show was excellent. Staff and Food good. Nice touch is that you got 2 bottles of water free every day

• Reviewed: March 19, 2017

Extra payment required for early check-in.
    • Standard Twin Room

I have arrived the hotel little earlier but they asked me extra cost to check-in. Its normal that after living one night we can check out but they didn't allow even after 3 nights which is unjustified that you can not checkout and you have to pay total price of your booking.

• Reviewed: March 6, 2017

Nice place for fair pay
    • Standard Twin Room

Room cleaning service is not excellent, the location, the hotel is located far away from the center.

There is a pretty good spa and good gym in this hotel. the buffet breakfast was really good. Hotel design is very nice

• Reviewed: February 27, 2017

Too Far for Tourists
    • Standard Twin Room

Two things: terrible location for tourists; the nearest coffee shop was a good ten minute walk, as were the nearest metro stations. Also, the buffet breakfast at R1200 is NOT worth the price. Cold hot dogs and gluey oatmeal are about all that you'll get out of it.

Steam room and sauna were amazing.

• Reviewed: November 8, 2016

Even in -5C, rooms were well heated
    • Standard Twin Room

Extremely overpriced bottle of water in bar lobby, on the first floor. If you have nothing to drink, then prepare 5bucks for 1 liter of fresh water.

Even in -5C, rooms were well heated Comfortable beds and the room itself Fresh appartement

• Reviewed: November 6, 2016

Not far from the centre and metro'

Many children everywhere : it was similar to a school.Cries, rumours, knockings at door many times, very noisy till the night. No any help from reception to stop the situation

Breakfast and gym were the best things.

• Reviewed: September 29, 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Person at the reception was not very kind. Distance from main street(Arbat street), Metro station and Sokolniki park is quite far to walk for 10-15 mins. I've stayed for 4 nights so we I had to choose to move Uber.

Cleaning room everyday. Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: September 27, 2016

OK.. but nothing special
    • Standard Twin Room

Armchair very uncomfortable. Room service left empty cups etc. in the room. Noise due to receptions that seem to take place every night. Retro style. Minuscule pool.

View from the lift. Sauna.

• Reviewed: September 23, 2016

service is very good, sometimes even beyond reasonable :-)
    • Standard Twin Room

everything is out-dating, renovation would be required. you could see signs everywhere from your room to swimming pool

service is very good, sometimes even beyond reasonable :-) good breakfast, normal juice (apple, orrange) is missing

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

On check in front office was unfriendly .

On check in front office was unfriendly .. Gym is very small and the pool is more like a big tub and no place to relax around it

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

Excellent value for money.
    • Standard Twin Room

Excellent value for money. Good ambience, good location, very good rooms.comfort level was good, more importantly, staff attitude was awesome.

• Reviewed: June 29, 2018

The carpet in the corridors are dirty and the overall...

The carpet in the corridors are dirty and the overall building could be better maintened

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

I booked for 3 people (couple + children) and they...
    • Standard Twin Room

I booked for 3 people (couple + children) and they didn't had a extra bed.

• Reviewed: April 26, 2018

Need renewal

Sauna

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

perfect

Location,staff,food in restoran,very clean,luxury hotel with seimingpool,

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

Staff was very friendly and helpful

Staff was very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

Expensive breakfast

Expensive breakfast

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

Although the hotel is huge,you are treated as significant.
    • Standard Twin Room

Although the hotel is huge,you are treated as significant.The staff is excellent.Metro station is very close to the hotel.

• Reviewed: January 8, 2018

Ok for a short stay

Some of the staff were very abrupt and rude ... had to complain to the reception

Very quiet location

• Reviewed: December 20, 2017

SPA wonderful!
    • Standard Twin Room

a little far from center of city.

SPA wonderful!

• Reviewed: December 14, 2017

Very pleasant.
    • Standard Twin Room

Clean was rerely cleaned.

Location close to park.

• Reviewed: November 19, 2017

It was very good and exceeded my expectations
    • Standard Twin Room

Large choice for the breakfast, excellent sauna and good jym

• Reviewed: November 8, 2017

Parking lot

Comfort

• Reviewed: October 16, 2017

Good breakfast.
    • Standard Twin Room

Toilet in room placed ackward. No legroom....

Good breakfast. Very helpfull and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: October 9, 2017

Better view

• Reviewed: July 31, 2017

Everything was fine.
    • Standard Twin Room

The receptionists didn't help us to find a taxi.

Everything was fine... almost.

• Reviewed: July 30, 2017

Fine moderate hotel

Strange location of hotel

Staff bedroom was comfortable

• Reviewed: July 30, 2017

Pleasant
    • Standard Twin Room

Single room jumped all over

Near subway Not too far from city

• Reviewed: July 26, 2017

We stay just one nicht.
    • Standard Twin Room

Almost a Kilometer ti the next metro station

We stay just one nicht. Confortable, good breakfast and a nice room.

• Reviewed: July 17, 2017

Everything excellent.

Everything excellent. Staff professional and friendly. Spa

• Reviewed: June 27, 2017

Fair accomodation

Long distance from the centre

Workers are nice

• Reviewed: May 31, 2017

Great!

Really nice personnel, big bright rooms, very clean, sauna and hamam with a pool with no charge

• Reviewed: May 30, 2017

The staff at reception was exceptionally friendly and helpful

The staff at reception was exceptionally friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: April 20, 2017

The personal is good.
    • Standard Twin Room

The personal is good. The reception personal is very good.

• Reviewed: April 12, 2017

Comfortable stay in a nice Sokolniki district
    • Standard Twin Room

Tasty breakfast, good to have a fitness centre to train, good bed.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2017

Good value for money in the business trip
    • Standard Twin Room

very good breakfast, good location, tea and coffee in the room

• Reviewed: January 10, 2017

Fitness+Sauna+Large Room

Fitness+Sauna+Large Room

• Reviewed: January 3, 2017

Good central location

Room small

Central Location, comfortable bed, modern bathroom=m

• Reviewed: December 13, 2016

Borodino sweet times
    • Standard Twin Room

the only problem was when we call taxi they never pick up us from outside of hotel cause was closed from all sides.

the breakfast was incredible

• Reviewed: November 4, 2016

Great place for lasure and business
    • Standard Twin Room

Great please for Lesure and business.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2016

Great place for business trip

Great location. Friendly staff. Great spa center

• Reviewed: October 23, 2016

Excellent service stay
    • Standard Twin Room

The rooms appeared a little old with older carpets etc

Breakfast very good Room. Service excellent.... Reception staff very helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: September 24, 2016

good location
    • Standard Twin Room

facilities are old, my room is closed to railway, noise all day long, even in the evening.

location is good, staffs are helpful.

• Reviewed: July 29, 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Had an amazing time and the people were very kind. Love to go back sometime!

• Reviewed: May 17, 2016

Very spacious, clean and comfortable room. Kind and helpful English (some of them even Serbian) speaking staff. Mini-spa and gym are not useless. Decent location, between two metro stations, with plenty of markets, fast food venues and caffes around.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2016

very friendly and responsibile staff in reception, breakfast...

air conditioner was inefficient, some details in room need refurbishment

very friendly and responsibile staff in reception, breakfast quite good, 600 m to nearest Metro station

• Reviewed: April 28, 2016

very friendly and responsibile staff in reception, breakfast...

air condition was faulty and behind open windows were big noise all time (train line)

• Reviewed: March 11, 2016

The building looks modern the both: outside and inside.

Not a problem, but when we checked-in to the hotel at 1:30 am, we had to pay the total day rate for earlier accommodation. Just FYI ;)

The building looks modern the both: outside and inside. Hotel's staff is professional and polite. Room is large and clean. I was enjoyed my weekend spent there and I will recommend the hotel to my friends! Thank you.

• Reviewed: March 8, 2016

Kind and friendly stuffs.

I hope that there would be a hot water maker.

Kind and friendly stuffs. Close to metro station. It is located in very convenient place, being surrounded by 24h supermarket, restaurant and medicine shop. The hotel is quiet district, so I could relax very well at night. Спасибо!

• Reviewed: February 23, 2016

The size of the room is large and breakfast is various.

The bathroom is small, sanitary equipment can be better and, in general, is evident the low quality of the items. The quality of furniture is also not very high

The size of the room is large and breakfast is various. No any claim about cleaness. Very nice approach from staff in reception. The relax area, gym and sauna, is very good

• Reviewed: February 12, 2016

Staff is friendly and professional.

Nothing which is really worth mentioning. Just a note to those who are going to stay in this hotel. If you arrive before the check-in time (2 pm) you can get a room only for extra paiment (in some hotels you can get a room eariler for no extra charge, if the room is ready).

Staff is friendly and professional. The room is large and very comfortable. The room price was just 2300 RUB per night with the special offer, which is a very good deal for the hotel close to the city center in Moscow! The hotel is situated just 10 (may be 15) minutes walking distance from the nearest metro station Krasnoselskaya, and also not far from the three Railway Central stations.

• Reviewed: February 4, 2016

All was OK.

Rather poor WiFi (sometime drop offs). Some 10 to 15 min walk to nearest Metro station

All was OK. Nice, spacious room, clean, neat. Good, reasonably priced breakfast. International TV channels. Value for money.

• Reviewed: January 21, 2016

It's not the first time I stayed there.

practically nothing

It's not the first time I stayed there. As usual - cleanliness, politeness of staff, room comfort, and a decent pool are to be specially mentioned. And all of that is at a more than competitive price in my case.

• Reviewed: January 7, 2016

prezzo

A receptionist called us on the phone at 7 Am because she said we didn't give her a 5000 rubles banknote! Of course it wasn't true, maybe she made a mistake counting the money but still! How can you wake up ppl who are on a vacation for your personal mistake?? Lucky that we kept the receipt of payment. And she was very unpleasant!!! They almost don't speak english. How is it possible in a 4 starred hotel?

prezzo

• Reviewed: December 19, 2015

Hotel is clean, has a good restaurant and the staff is...

They may like to provide an electronic kettle to make coffee or tea etc at room itself. Also if a common ironing facility is there for business guests, it would be very helpful.

Hotel is clean, has a good restaurant and the staff is really very cordial. I would prefer to stay here if I visit here next time.Breakfast is also decent.

• Reviewed: November 19, 2015

Friendly staff, a quite clean room of a mega size - somewhat...

Room service prices are a bit higher than average, but you've got an option to go out

Friendly staff, a quite clean room of a mega size - somewhat a five star suite, decent spa area, suffecient when not crowded

• Reviewed: October 12, 2015

Big rooms , gym , sauna , everything v clean , beautiful...

All ok , only try to include breakfast ,

Big rooms , gym , sauna , everything v clean , beautiful hotel , girl at gym desk very beautiful and welcoming , all

There are also 74 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Borodino Hotel Traveler Photo Gallery