Reviews of Courtyard by Marriott Moscow City Center This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services offered. It is based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Voznesenskiy Pereulok 7, Presnensky, 125009 Moscow, Russia

#190 of 925 hotels in Moscow

• Deluxe Room

Concierge staff/reception staff were not helpful with information and difficulty with language

Excellent location and value for money. Spacious rooms

The smell in the bathroom, prices of breakfast

Everything else, next time I'm coming again. Just eat breakfast in the many restaurants around, much better choice and more affordable

• Deluxe Room

Poor internet (there is unlimited internet but i need to reconnect again and again)

Reseptionists are so helpfull especially Anna 😄 Good breakfast Location of the hotel is good

• Deluxe Room

The welcome at this time wasnt really professional: the receptionist lady didnt know the difference between a debit/credit card, etc. A bit unprofessional. Was surprised about that at a Marriott :S This time we get a room with no opening window, it was a bit disappointing. And we had an extreme stink coming from the bathroom on the second day of our stay.

Have been there twice before. Chosing this place because of the excellent location and the affordable price. You get what you expect for the price.

• Deluxe Room

I was not getter by the room I booked on the night of arrival. Staff behaved like it’s normal that I have to move to another room in the next day. I travel every week so for me it’s really uncomfortable to check out every second night to a new room. I refused to move around and change rooms. There were no apologies or compliments or whatever.

Location is great, real center but hidden in small cozy streets, easy to get around by foot, metro

• Deluxe Room

I liked the location of the hotel near the red square and the key brands in the centre. the hotel is veru good from quality and price and I recommand it for friends.

• Deluxe Room

I was assigned a two-bed room while I clearly remember booking a one-bed room. To my comment on this mistake, the senior person at the reception desk immediately responded “Don’t worry, nobody else is moving into your room”. Had I not been tired from the traveling, this subtle insult would not fly without consequences.

• Studio (3 Adults)

beauty salon, for this money we could get much more. Didn't like it at all, so don't recommend it.

Location is excellent, in the center of the city. Very easy to get to attractive places. Staff is very good, helped us a lot with all our questions. Would recommend this place to our freinds. We plan to visit Moscow again in summer, for sure will chose this hotel again!

• Deluxe Room

Nothing, alll good. Possibly a tad expensive.

Excellent staff, great bar made beter by the staff. Lisa the bar manager had a lot to put up with and we thank her. 10 min walk to the Kremlin and once there you can fund all the other sites easily

• Deluxe Room

insiders location and excellent place to be. Elegant lay out of the room and absolute privacy with no outdoor noises or any disturbing issue. Relaxing piece and privacy with gorgeous city views. Caring staff of modern approach and of sincere attention

• Studio (3 Adults)

Great location in City Center, walking distance to Red Square and other historical places. Ordinary Marriott quality that is much higher than most of 4 and 5 stars hotels in Moscow. Very cozy Cafemaina cafe after a corner and a lot of art people around.

• Studio (3 Adults)

- 1 of the elevators was not working properly, had been stuck there several times - the room design was a bit oldfashioned - had to accept "extra internet fee" - even if it should be included in the price - be aware, that the closest metro station is within 10-15 min walk

+ the location is superexcellent: the Red Square is within 7min walk + located in a calm and lovely street in the citycenter + several coffee houses, bars and restaurants in the nearby + lovely lobby area

Nothing to dislike

Generally everything - position and convenience plus it is good value for money. Within easy walking distance of Red Square and the main shopping area. Staff are very helpful and pleasant

• Deluxe Room

We stayed one week and every time we came up to the Reception Desk, there was a queue of angry Russians, staff was very stressed, basically lacking personnel. The hotel has parking for RUB 1200 per night but our licence plate was miscommunicated every day which was annoying because at reception you had to wait a long time.

Rooms were very clean, there was complimentary water bottles, tea and coffee.

• Deluxe Room

rooms are too hot, only possible to cool down with airco. breakfast price of 21eur is an exaggeration. plenty of nice options around the hotel

location, size of the room

• Deluxe Room

Clean but the stuff are terrible, arrogant. asked for deposit on arrival and tried not to give it back when checking out. I asked for manager and there was no one. I don't recommend this hotel at all.

put some more English TV channels

Excellent location ( 15 minutes walk to the Kremlin and Red Square and 15 minutes walk also to Old Arbat). Very clean hotel. The lobby area was very modern with very comfortable sofas and a very beautiful glass roof. Our room was quite with a very comfortable and big bed. Hotel provides free bottles of water daily. Wi.fi its free and very fast, all over the hotel area. Staff were very friendly and helpful and all of them were speaking good English. There is a Restaurant inside the hotel called Flat Iron for lunch and breakfast offers international and Russian cuisine we tried it a couple of times and it is very nice also. The area around the hotel its very nice and safe and there is also a grocery store 1 minute walk from the hotel. I will definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and people who wants to visit Moscow.

• Deluxe Room

I asked the staff several times to sort the plumbing out in my room - never happened. The gym equipment is partly broken, again no one bothers to fix it. Breakfast is overpriced and poor quality.

The location is great

• Deluxe Room

Minor stuff. The room keys stop working daily. We would need to go downstairs and get them re-set. Elevators were be crowded and took time to go up or down at certain times of the day.

Wi-Fi worked well in the room. We included breakfast in our rate. It had a nice variety. The staff was very friendly and spoke good English. Walking distance to red square and metro (10 mins).

• Deluxe Room

The bed mattress was a bit hard.

An excellent accommodations for a leisure traveler, perhaps unbeatable in Moscow. So quiet, so central, so convenient, and reasonably priced.

• Deluxe Room

Internet was slow. Elevators took quite some time as the hotel was full. Then just minor stuff: hair dryer in the bathroom was too weak, took forever to finished up styling my hair. Room key would stop working and need to be reset twice during our 4 day stay.

Excellent hotel. Rooms were comfortable, breakfast was amazing. Staff super helpful (good English). It is located 10 mins walking from Kremlin.

nothing !!!!

perfect location. 7-8 min walk from red square. plenty of cafes around the hotel. staff were excellant. especially duty manager victoria.. she decorated the room for my daughters bday and she was in for a surprise. staff were v v helpful always smiling always willing to help. food awesome but bit expensive.

• Superior Room

Bad smell in the room (avoid 7th floor if you can). Curtain closing and opening not smooth. Kind of expensive. A bit far from the metro.

Very clean and comfortable rooms. Fully functional air-conditioning. 100% free Wi-Fi. Very friendly and efficient staff. Even taxi was ok - not overcharging. Delicious food at Flat Iron.

• Deluxe Room

The staff was not friendly at all. Although I had my credit card as a guarantee for the booking at check in, yet we were locked out of our room next day. When I checked with front desk they claimed that I did not give my credit card. But when they checked again, they noticed that they did have it but for some reason they did not realize it. However, it is absolutely unacceptable to lock us out of our room which made me really mad at the front desk.

• Deluxe Room

Slow and often intermittent wifi , even for the cable to.

Clean rooms with all the basic needs. Clean towels changed daily. Very friendly efficient staff. Good air conditioning. Great breakfast selections. 10 min walk to the Kremlin area.

• Deluxe Room

The bed was very uncomfortable and the toiletries were limited. Would have liked a shower cap and body cream. The air-conditioning was not great.... it did not cool the room enough. Not all rooms have a street view. I had one that over looked the lobby with rooms on the opposite side of the atrium which meant I had no view and could not keep the curtains open.

The hotel was well located and room was a decent size. The view from the 7th floor was good. Liked the ironing board and iron in the room and the coffee making facilites.

• Deluxe Room

In the rooms facing the inner courtyard and on the 4th floor and below the noise from the people gathering in the lobby is quite significant, enough so to wake me up in the morning. I would suggest choosing the rooms facing elsewhere.

The reception staff is very helpful and attentive.

• Deluxe Room

Just the last night there we asked for some references for restaurants in the area and one of the receptionists was not very eager to specify the locations of said places. Her college, however, did and very nicely.

The design of the hotel is very nice. Specially the lobby. During check-in the receptionists were very friendly, helpful and professional. The rooms were spacey, clean and nicely equipped. Doormen, even though they don't speak English were very friendly and would always greet us. One of the staff in the breakfast, I would say she is the supervisor, was very friendly and helpful, explaining the options available for breakfast and giving us a "tour" of the breakfast buffet. She was very welcoming all the times we went there in the morning.

• Studio (3 Adults)

Tap water is yellow, but all settle down afterwards.

location is good , walking distance to the Red Square. Also hotel gave a surprise to me at my birthday : ) A very nice chocolate cake. THANKS!!!

• Deluxe Room

My wife was charged 6000 Rb deposit... even though I paid the whole account in advance and....... 3 weeks later we still have not recieved the money back,,, this approach is inappropriate for people who have paid fully in advance.. Guys ... this is not fair or correct. Please dont abuse your customers.

Nice Hotel and communication was good BUT My wife was charged 6000 Rb deposit... even though I paid the whole account in advance and....... 3 weeks later we still have not recieved the money back,,, this approach is inappropriate for people who have paid fully in advance

• Superior Room

Quiet comfortable room, large hotel in quiet, mainly residential location, easy 15 minute walk to Kremlin, Bolshoi Theatre etc. Good and varied breakfast. Cafes and restaurants nearby.

• Studio (3 Adults)

A pleasant stay, good value for the money. Good location, walking distance to both Red Square and the Arbat area. WE had a large room for 3 people which was very comfortable.

• Deluxe Room

It was a standard Marriott hotel, but watch out, as the rated pre-authorized upon arrival - by Marriott - was 50% higher than the rate agreed on booking.com! At the reception they will verbally ask you to agree pre-authorization for the whole amount of the stay; check it to be the same amount from booking.com. To tell you our story: So we arrived (me and my husband) in Moscow Courtyard Marriott on Friday, July 21st, and they asked us approval to preauthorize the accomodation amount plus 3000 rubles (for minibar). We said ok, they gave us the POS terminal to introduce the PIN, and: - then we received an sms from our bank that aprox 92.000 rub. was debited from our account ("pre-authorization") - we knew from booking.com that the amount we have to pay for the entire stay is aprox. 65.000 rub. - we asked for explanation, because they blocked all our money from this particular travel debit card - leaving us only with some cash (small amount) for pocket money. They said they contacted booking.com and that the rate was increased in June ? without notifying us - booking.com sent us an email to reconfirm the due amount (aprox. 65.000 rub) - almost every day Marriott promised would solve the issue and unblock our money. That was not true, the situation was clarified only 13 days later, after we returned home and submitted all related documents, invoices to our bank. And after a lot of communication with booking.com, who had to contact the hotel a couple of times.... Horrible customer service with Courtyard Moscow, the worst I've ever seen - and I use the hotel chain since 2005. It was my second stay with Courtyard Miscow, the first time I used the points as a "silver customer" and did not encounter the issue. All those incompetent front desk people should be fired.

• Deluxe Room

Location is a bit far from the red square and attractive spots, though the hotel was nice and quite.

The comfort of the hotel was the best in my traveling experience ever. very quiet room.

Aircon was hard to control, blinds were not closing properly, so we got up with the first ray of light, hotel didnt have adopters for AUS devices or umbrellas (and it rained a lot). Hotel taxi was a rip off, best to order on the street or via Uber or Yandex. Hotel facilities are old. Breakfast was nice, but if you had to order from the menu (not buffet), be prepared to wait for at least 1 hour. Once reception got so busy no one was answering the phone. I left a message but no one called back. I had to go downstairs to get things sorted. Same happened with house keeping.

Location was great, many nice restaurants near by, close to the metro and 10 min walk to Red Square. Staff was friendly. Beds were comfortable.

Please read As above. Placed wrong section.

We had 5 persons n 5 luggages. This was told by phone to counter girl when I called. N we were told it will costs 1.8k Roubles to hotel. But was shocked when bill came out to 4.9k Roubles. Very upset. Will write to manager to explain this.? Mr Poh

• Deluxe Room

1 ) Curtain closing and opening not smooth 2 ) Bath shower in the tub 3 ) very high tub

1) Very quiet and yet close to the Red Square 2 ) very courteous and friendly staff 3 ) good food

• Deluxe Room

booking.com. the price mentioned when we booked was very inaccurate. we ended up paying nearly twice as much for the 4 nights we stayed there. nothing we could do about it. Felt cheated by booking.com, will not book through them again.

the breakfast is absolutely amazing.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Deluxe Room

The range of toiletries in the room could be wider. There was no body lotion / moisturiser in the bathroom.

The location is excellent and the staff is friendly.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Deluxe Room

When we arrived to Moscow, we organised with the hotel a Taxi pick-up from the airport (as we arrived at about 2 AM in the night). The taxi didn't show up and we had to organize a taxi ourselves at twice the price.

There are many very good hotels in Moscow. However, some may be quite pricey. Courtyard however, offers and excellent price/quality ratio that is hard to beat. Also the staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. Overall, the hotel is highly recommended!

• Deluxe Room

the hotel's location (one can easliy get to the Red Square and Stariy Arbat); the room was quiet, clean and comfortable; the staff were friendly, helpful and responsive

• Deluxe Room

The location is excellent and close to all attractions on a quiet street. Room was large and comfortable. The best part of experience was that the staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. We forgot our belongings in the safe and already were out of town when remembering.. We called the hotel and they got it back to us! Very honest! Front desk is extremely nice and up to standards. Would stay here again definitely

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Deluxe Room

My wife and son stayed there whilst doing business in Moscow, In her words "it was an island of calm an comfort on a busy trip" . Thank you.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Deluxe Room

The bed. Omg. It was the most uncomfortable bed that I had slept on. I think it's because we want two separate beds in the room and they arranged cheap ones. If it wasn't for two nights, my rate would be 0 just because that.

Location was perfect. The room was clean. Staff were very helpful and cheerful. I think that was enough for two nights :)

• Deluxe Room

Nothing really. Variety at breakfast could be better. Also, the transfer to the airport was a bit overpriced.

From my experience this is one of the best hotels in Moscow but also in Russia. The location is excellent, in the very center of Moscow but it is also very quite. All staff was extremely nice and helpful. 10 points for the staff alone.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Deluxe Room

sometimes you can see a lot of people due to the conferences that take place there.

If we talk about value for money that's the best deal. You always have a bathtub. There is free tea (2pcs green, and 2pcs black). Really quiet rooms. Everything is to the highest standards. when they have the discounts, it's the best value for money in this district.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Deluxe Room

Breakfast could be for more reasonable price, it's quite expensive for no reason

Location super, good service, cleanness, room amenities (deposit box, electric kettle, tea, ironing, free wifi, slippers, bathrobe), very comfortable bed matrass and pillows (this's particularly important for me), very warm inside even despite the frosty weather outside

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Deluxe Room

The breakfast is extra to the room, however I couldn't fault the quality or the

Central location, we could walk to red square and many other sites of interest within 10 minutes.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Deluxe Room

Windows were not tight (cold air coming in). TV-signal quite poor.

Good location, 5 min from Tverskaja, 10 from metro and 15 min from Red Square (walking). Friendly atmosphere, helpful staff. Good room with exactly the facilities needed, not fancy, but just right.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• Deluxe Room

Expensive scars to and from the train station and airport.

Awesome view, great staff and smashing location! Food at hotel pub delicious and fairly priced!

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• Deluxe Room

If you love fresh air, like me, yiu'd better look for another place. May be they have different rooms, but my window was looking to inner hall, which is lobby indeed, so - no fresh air

Location is really main benefit of this property

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Deluxe Room

The coffee quality needs upping to make the breakfast a much better experience. The omelette counter stuck in the corner makes access to syrniki and bliny limited.

Very intelligent staff at the reception.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

nothing I can think of.

Excellent location a few minutes from the Red Square, shopping street and train; highly hospital and professional staff; very clean and comfortable room, 24/7 café and the bar with tasty food and bear.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

• Deluxe Room

There was a mix up at check in where the night staff were not helpful and tried to take money for another room that i had already canxelled. Booking.com and the Reservations Dept sorted it out the next day but at nearly midnight the night before it wasnt helpful when the night manager didnt explain adequately what had happened with our booking. He appeared to be quite rude but most likley was not intending to be rude. The staff at Corinthia in St Petersburg provided a much better service.

Location, rooms and Flat Iron bar had great food.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

• Deluxe Room

Some rooms have a view to the conference room.

The room and all hotel installations were very modern and clean, specially when compared to the average hotels in Moscow. The room and bathroom were very spacious and confortable. It is walking distance from many touristic attractions, and is located in a quiet place. Breakfast is good, but expensive.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• Deluxe Room

Poor room services, really overpriced menu catalogue , staff's broken English was a barrier to communicate, once I called a taxi an hour before my departure time and as soon as I arrived at the reception there was no taxi because the receptionist forgot to excecute my request.

Great location , calm and safe area

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Deluxe Room

It has no night supermarket nearby. The nearest metro subway is a little far.

The staff speaks english and they respond to your queries to the best of their abilities. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The hotel food is also nice. WiFi is connection is strong and good. The location is also near the kremlin!

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Deluxe Room

Staff at front desk could have been a more friendly. Having said that unfriendliness seems to be standard among Russians in Moscow!

Great location and rooms cleaned very well every day. Reservations desk really helpful in organising travel visa documents before we arrived, very speedy

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Deluxe Room

The room actually looked inside the conference room!!! There was only one window i the room and it looked i side the conference room. So in the mornings - you wake up with the voice of the speaker of the conference echoing in your room. And you can actually join the conference from your room window. No natural light obviously.

Location is central

• Superior Room

There's no toothpaste in the bathroom by default - you have to call reception to get it. Also I was unable to find a DND sign in the room (or maybe its just stupid me).

Very friendly and helpful staff, awesome location, nice rooms, good price/quality ratio.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Deluxe Room

Customer service at reception wasn't very good. Breakfast is not great. I asked for a quiet room but one of the nights there was a conference which resulted in a lot of noise up until midnight - not great if you have a lot of meetings first thing in the morning.

The bed was comfortable, room was good size.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Superior Room

Booked 2 different rooms on one card a month in advance, yet they gave us rooms on 2 different floors. And unless you're traveling only a short distance, be prepared to book your own taxi. If the hotel books you a cab, you'll overpay.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Deluxe Room

it's only ten minutes walking to the red square. the facility is very comfortable. the price is really good, maybe because of the devaluation of the currency of Russia.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Deluxe Room

Just one thing - namely that I asked both on the reservation as well as in an email to get a king size bed and we got two separate beds that we couldn't really push together because of all the plugs etc. It would have been nice to at least let us know that they didn't have such a bed available.

The location was really good, close to every attraction and good restaurant (15 minutes to the Red square, 10 to the Kremlin, 10 minutes from Pushkin Cafe). We only used the metro to visit it, not because we needed it. The rooms were really spacious with sufficient amneties, plus 3 free bottles of water every day. The bathrooms should be remodeled, because they are quite ancient from my point of view - the bath tub and the toilet seat, but they were clean, functional and it was not the end of the world. The rooms are cleaned very well daily. The reception staff was polite, understood English well, arranged everything we needed (breakfast in the room, taxi to the airport, bottle opener sent up). We did not try the restaurant, as there were too many outside of the hotel that we needed to try. They have an ATM and an exchange office in the hotel. Also, as far as we could tell, wifi was free, as we used it every day and it cost us nothing. they arranged for a more private room because we were travelling with a baby and wanted peace and quite. They were also extremely quick in providing us the invitation letters that we needed for the visa - just a few hours.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Deluxe Room

The shower was the worst I have experienced in a hotel but this is the only negative thing from my experience.

Loved the area of the hotel as it was so easy to get to Moscow centre and also the hotel was great! Great staff and the rooms were perfectly clean.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Studio (3 Adults)

Breakfast could've been included within the price of our stay. Tad bit of the noise from a party could be heard in our room till late into the night.

Very professional and helpful staff. Location is just perfect.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Deluxe Room

No free Internet/WiFi in room, the fee for it is extremely high. Breakfast does not worth the money you have to pay. Rooms are not soundproof, you can hear some loud couples in corridor. Not family friendly hotel at all.

The location is excellent. Hotel accepts AMEX cards which is not very common in Russia.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Deluxe Room

Nothing we didnt like actually abt the hotel. Just that it will be good if the hotel can warn us that taking taxi in Moscow can be a point of extorsion and blackmail. We took a taxi called by the hotel (metered cab) to the national dance performance that cost us only 500 rub; and on the way back from the performance we took also the same metered and same colored taxi (but not called by the hotel), only to find out that the meter used was 7x more expensive (the taxi driver charged us 3500 rub). The receptionist upon knowing our story couldnt help much but just asked us to be careful about this situation as it is common in Moscow with many people complained already in the past..

Great Hotlel ! Great location, with good, friendly and very helpful English speaking staff.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

Refurbish bathrooms???

Fantastic hotel, very reasonably priced and very good location , 5 mins by foot to Kremlin, and clean, though bathrooms look old

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

• Deluxe Room

Was impossible to watch TV due to awkward location of it; no shower cap ; Door man was just standing there and staring at me while i was dragging my luggages?!?!!! no help was offered !!!

Good location, clean

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Deluxe Room

The bathroom was very small and desperately needs renovation. Bath towels were small and once they left us a dirty one. The curtains could not be closed properly. You can not open windows in the room. Overpriced breakfast.

Good location, 15 minutes walk to Red Square and close to many restaurants.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Deluxe Room

staff forgot to give us small towel 2 out of 4days, Fitness room without shower facilities , if can have shuttle bus to Metro will be great

Friendly and helpful staff, location is good , there is money exchange and Citibank near by, room facilities are good

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Deluxe Room

Breakfast is expensive. better to walk in the neighbourhoud and find other places, less expensive

Great location, easy to access main atractions from Moscu city center. Ten minutes walking to Red square and Kremlin.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Superior Room

A bit far from the metro. Hopefully, the street construction in front of the hotel will be over soon.

Great location, easy 10min walk to the Kremlin. Reception staff is great. Many good restaurants right next to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Studio (3 Adults)

Hotel is not responsible for this, but the road was closed majority of time as there were road works, so was a bit inconvenient.

Room was clean and everything was good. The location is excellent - everything is in walking distance. We did not stay in the hote much - tried to maximise the time outside, so cannot comment on other hotel facilities.

Browse Courtyard by Marriott Moscow City Center traveller photo gallery