Reviews of Golden Apple Boutique Hotel 5 stars

Ulitsa Malaya Dmitrovka 11, Tverskoy, 127006 Moscow, Russia

#548 of 925 hotels in Moscow

Clean, convenient location but a bit uncomfortable with the bathroom.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Bathroom was very uncomfortable. Shower is too small and non adjustable. No view out of the window, just a wall. A bit more light in the room would also be a plus. No doors on the wardrobes. Restaurant food wasn't worth the money, portions were small, taste wasn't good.

Location, cleanliness, helpful staff.

Very mediocre hotel. I expected more for the money.
    • Business Queen Room

the pictures do a lot more justice for the hotel.. the rooms are not what I expected. The staff didn't help me when I needed them to and infact ignored me. Not sure I will be returning.

I liked the location of the properly, it was roughly a 20 minute walk away from the red square. The staff were reasonably helpful.

Beds are good and clean.
    • Standard Single Room

In a hotel geared towards business users, its crazy not having a power socket near the bed. Having to bend under the desk and leave tablet/phone charging on the floor (that;s where the only free socket is) is not exactly good in 2018! I had a buisness room and my colleagues (4 in all) had other rooms, all with the same discomfort.

Beds are good and clean. Breakfast is simple but good.

I would not recommend anyone to stay in this hotel.
    • Business Queen Room

The staff where very bad at English and not nice. They dragged money from the bank without saying. Food was not good in the hotel and neither breakfast.

Great location but disappointing hotel
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Room was very dark (little natural light) and had only 1 plug/socket at the bottom of wall at the entrance of the room. The decor of the room was very simplistic, not cosy and bathroom not very nice. Breakfast very average. Staff English level was very basic, they had little to no knowledge at all on basic information for touristic sites.

Location, neighbourhood, proximity to metro

Good location;
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The only thing which dissappointed - my business partner stay at hotel, I was in another place having meeting and we both had business dinner in the same place, but were going from different places. So I called to the hotel and wanted to book hotel's taxi to bring my partner to dinner, but for unknown reason at the reception they said they can not, traffic jumpes, etc. - some kind of nonsense they tried to explain me. Finally, I booked taxi through ЯРДЕКС. So such misunderstanding gives negative evaluation to such hotel.

Good location; breakfast good also; staff friendly.

Hotel differs from other chain hotels like Marriott more democratic thus less client oriented.
    • Deluxe Room

Didn’t like the food much. The hotel design is styled but it’s not cozy - guess it’s a subjective opinion

The hotel is new and thus clean and smell and dust free. Recommend for young people

• Deluxe Room

Tiny rooms, tiny bathrooms. I asked for a quite room. Hotel even confirmed by email that they will accomodate my request. Eventually I was given room right next to an elevator. You can also hear everything in the adjacent rooms

A very nice hotel in the centre of Moscow.
    • Business Queen Room

It would be great to have tea-making facilities in the room, there was a coffee machine in the room, but sometimes you just need some hot water for medicine, etc. Overall we had a good experience and would recommend it, nothing to complain about.

A very nice hotel in the centre of Moscow. Very clean and the staff are helpful and efficient. The breakfast is ok, the rooms have got everything you need. Definitely a good choice.

Great location, nice staff! However, the hotel is not 5* one...
    • Deluxe Room

Breakfast is not one for 5* hotel... There is not enough place to keep your clothes in winter: we placed our winter jackets on the tables...

Personal is very kind! But the real hammer is the central location: 20min walk to the Red Square.

• Deluxe Room

Lack of lightning, lack of electricity sockets, could not give a 4 star rating in accordance with EU standarts

Perfect location if you are on business in the central area od moscow

This is not a 5 star hotel.
    • Deluxe Room

Staff is not pleasant, the mini bar is kept locked and to open it you have to call someone from the staff and pay him. Nevertheless, they don't care about hotel guests safety, and when I forgot my key and just told them my room number, they gave me the key without asking for any identifying details. Well, just keep the mini-bar safe I guess, huh? The interior of the "deluxe" room is horrifying, with many random elements that just don't look good. The bathroom design looks like a prison cell. It's just not a 5 star hotel, I'd say it's a 3 star maximum.

The room was clean, and location is nice

Excellent staff and location
    • Deluxe Room

Fantastic Reception staff - every single member is ready to go the extra mile, beyond expectations. Location is very convenient, too. Fairly close to Sheremetyevo Airport (up to 1 hour in a taxi), a short walk to the Red Square. I have stayed here a few times and am looking forward to the next time.

Terrible stay! Don't go there if you want to have a bed where you can actually sleep
    • Deluxe Room

How it could be a 5 stars hotel? The mattress is a thin layer of foam, and I can feel the bed structure. Even in a cheap motel everywhere in the world you can have a better bed! I couldn't sleep. In the cold weather of Moscow, the blanket is a thin sheet of polyester fibers, good luck with that! The bed sheet is a terrible quality, I'm not even sure if it's in cotton. No mini bar, no fridge. The toilet was leaking. The furniture seem old and in bad material. They checked us in the first floor on the street while there are still available rooms in higher floors so we can joyfully appreciate all the noise of the street at night! So after the first terrible night, we asked for a room change. They told us to pack our thing so they can move us to a higher floor while we are out to visit. Surprise! When we were back, nothing changed!!! Not an apologie, after a long uncomfortable wait, they propose to change us to one floor higher and not even offer to move our suitcases. I was so upset and angry. Of course, the quality of the bed didn't change. The breakfast is a cheap products collection. And for our good stay, the "spa" was of course close for maintenance!

almost everything including the complement from the hotel...

coffee in the room, for breakfest (included) and in the bar for 100 roubles

almost everything including the complement from the hotel for our special events

Not a pleasant experience.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Staff was beyond inpolite. They charged half the price of one night stay for earlier check-in ( read 11am), even though it was one of the bonuses they promised through booking.com. The stuff is able to look at you when you ask question in English and just to turn other way, like you do not exist. They are in service business, if they want to continue working the management should look at these details more carefully. Rooms are small.

Only thing I like about this hotel was its location. Clean sheets, and comfortable bed.

excelent location, good facilities, comfortable stay
    • Superior King or Twin Room

hard to communicate with restaurant staff since no one speaks english well; fitness facilities closed during my stay

excelent location, good facilities, comfortable stay

A boutique hotel located in Central Moscow with professional staff
    • Superior King or Twin Room

the bathroom was a little too barren for my liking, a bit too simplistic, but the rooms are stylishly decorated with the Satellite TV (which did not work very well, as I could only access one international channel), but the internet is good quality. The breakfast is relatively good value but a bit stodgy for my liking, but it might be appropriate during a long, cold Russian winter.

super location (walking distance from Pushkin Square) and conveniently close to the airport Shuttle train to the main airport Sheremetevo. The building is really well maintained and the staff and helpful and professional. There is also a great restaurant/ bar that even a woman travelling alone, you can feel comfortable hanging out in. Very convenient hotel and good value for Moscow standards

Will not comeback
    • Deluxe Room

We checked in to the hotel in the afternoon. We were very hungry therefore we decided to have dinner at the Apple bar/ restaurant. There was misunderstanding and the food was bad. My dad order Salad, Plane Rice,Soup and mash potato with pork. While ordering waiter said in the restaurant they only serve western style (means one person one dish). Fine my dad agree with it. For the salad my dad did ask for advise and the waiter recommended us to try the Asian Salad because we are from Asia. Well we did choose Asian Salad but turned out the dishes was very salty, no one of us can finish the dishes. We told the waiter that the food is salty and not yummy. I can feel that he feels guilty or sth like that. We had a long time to wait for the next course which were soup and rice. We did ask him to bring everything in one time but everything was so slow. Soup was good but the rice was uncooked. Well last dishes (mash potato with pork) was good. The waiter might not understand that Asian people like to be served in one time. There is no Bellman in the Hotel

Breakfast was good but if hotel could change the food daily that would be great. Great Location

Nice one.
    • Deluxe Room

How is it possible to design a room with no electricity sockets??? Weird.

Nice hotel in the very center, very convenient spot. New furniture and nice design.

It was my third stay there but I'm
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Breakfast is poor and looks cheap and unappealing Stuff doesn't greet you at all when u walk in the reception during your stay Poor toiletries No hand shower and no shower cup Twin beds are very narrow

locarion Value for money

Be aware
    • Deluxe Room

Service, breakfast poor quality and old equipments (hot water with metal...), old tv without chanels...

Location, convenient, 3 metro lines, walking distance to many interested points

Very pleasant and agreeable stay
    • Business Queen Room

I did not like the fact that you could not open a window, the excuse being that it would cause problems for the AC system. Sunday breakfast was totally chaotic. The two staff members were trying their best, but clearly needed extra help as they were overwhelmed. Long wait for coffee. Cutlery missing as some needed to be washed and replaced. However these are minor inconveniences in the large scheme of things.

I prefer a firm mattress and I had one. I liked the ability to have a heated bathroom floor. The WiFi connection was good. The food for breakfast good. The decor pleasant and modern in taste. Front desk very helpful. Kudos to Alexey, Polina and Anna for their kind advice and help sorting things out. Lastly, good location, as most sights are walking distance and the Metro is just a few minutes walk.

Very stylish, comfortable, convenient and consistent hotel!
    • Business Queen Room

Nothing really comes to mind.

This is my third or fourth time in this hotel - it consistently keep high value and I feel even getting better from previous stays!

Comfortable bed, nice coffee in the room, great shower,...
    • Business Queen Room

Paper thin walls, had to constantly ask for breakfast items to be replenished

Comfortable bed, nice coffee in the room, great shower, helpful front desk, great location for the price which included breakfast and dinner.

Comfortable and well located
    • Deluxe Room

Nothing really to dislike. Pricing changes with one night being twice as high (Tuesday) to the previous night made no sense to me

staff were helpful, the room comfortable and the location is very good.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

You will love the Golden Apple!
    • Deluxe Room

An excellent, friendly & knowledgeable staff. Super-comfy room with all the necessary conveniences. Very congenial breakfast each morning. Good hearty selections. In the evening the same hotel restaurant has avant garde & imaginative 21st Century cuisine--Russian, Asian, fusion, etc.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

the best staff! just need adjustments to some facilities
    • Business Queen Room

I feel that can make some adjustments to facilities within the room. powerpoints close to bed for phone recharge, a more modern television and making sure all channels work in the spa/suana area our special sauna passcards didnt work in the alpha/omega changing rooms so we had no private place to change, the drinking water and soap dispensers were also empty, the jacuzzi needs more power for a real massage

The hotel staff what makes this hotel really good. Very fast and professional service. Anything you need is quickly resolved. And they speak your language. The food at the restaurant was also excellent and we didnt feel the need to dine anywhere else and the prices were reasonable for the location/area of Moscow. checkin and checkout was quick friendly and efficient.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

It's not the real 5 stars hotel
    • Business Queen Room

I don't like comfort of the hotel. Rooms are cozy, the lobby area is not large. Breakfast is so so.

The rooms of Golden Apple Hotel doesn't look like in photos. Frankly, I don't understand why this hotel is 5 stars because it looks much more like 3 stars hotel. However, the location and staff is excellent!

Location and the beds were comfortable
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Basic toiletries such as a shower cap were not provided. We were not notified that they were waiting on a license for serving alcohol, which was disappointing

Location and the beds were comfortable

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Everything was good.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Everything was good. When checking in I asked the staff if they could push 2 beds together and they just upgraded our room at no extra charge. Beds were comfy, good sound isolation. Tasty breakfast. Free use of jacuzzi and sauna

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Smart, comfortable, hotel close to the centre of this amazing city.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

I would not say the hotel is 5 star (max 4 star) but still good. Don't ask the hotel to book you a taxi unless you want expensive Mecedes car. (700RUB for a ride that should have cost max 200RUB)

I enjoyed my stay at Golden Apple and would recommend it to business and leisure travellers alike. The location is good with about a 5 mins walk to the Metro and and easy Taxi ride to the close by Red Square, the breakfast buffet is very tasty, the room was comfy and the bed most agreeable. The staff speak good english and are very helpful.

Great staf, good attitude and atmosphere, beautiful and...
    • Business Queen Room

Great staf, good attitude and atmosphere, beautiful and clean rooms. The location is perfect!

Bed was not good.
    • Standard Single Room

Bed was not good. Windows in room not to open, no fresh air, impossible to sleep.

Poor service.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Poor service. They didn't even have a porter fornmy bags. This hotel is not 5star.

Fantastic location great staff
    • Deluxe Room

Extremely uncomfortable shower Could not find a socket by bedside

Fantastic location great staff

all are good
    • Deluxe Room

Breakfast can be more choices

all are good

A bottle of water was ridiculously overpriced

A bottle of water was ridiculously overpriced

Nice interior design.

Nice interior design.

Excellent Reception staff.
    • Deluxe Room

Excellent Reception staff. Another pleasant stay at the Golden Apple Hotel.

It was ok.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The breakfast selection was terrible.

Great location, friendly and helpful staff. Clean and comfortable rooms. Perfect for my city break

No complaints

The staff were very helpful. The hotel was clean and had great facilities. The beds we're comfortable.

Really great hotel, good transport connections, sights nearby, very welcoming

Very hot room

I don't recommend hotel to enibody, because they is not really ***** stars!

Is not hotel for ***** they look ***

A little change needed to be from the best
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The kind and amount of food

Location ,how silent and relaxing is the Rome?

Rooms with patio view (even higher standard) have wall 1,5...
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Rooms with patio view (even higher standard) have wall 1,5 away from the window. Neither view nor sunlight.

bon sejour par la situation

room ... very cold and look like hospital level 3/4 stars

Nice place

Nice place The bed uncomfortable

Nice place The bed is uncomfortable

• Deluxe Room

Center of Moscow; Enough good restaurants around this place; quite, comfortable hotel .

Beautiful hotel in good location
    • Deluxe Room

Check in took very long but it was because many people on that time in the reception

Good locaton, everything was close to hotel

Only if you seek for this location
    • Business Queen Room

Rooms are poorly equiped with lightning and electricity sockets

Poximity to city center

buona colazione
    • Business Queen Room

not a lot of power sockets in the room..

buona colazione

All

Nice Hotel, nice location. A place to return, hope soon ...
    • Deluxe Room

Breakfast could be better ...

Great location close to metro station.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Great location close to metro station. Helpful English-speaking staff. Comfortable, clean rooms.

it was ok, but i will not stay there next time.
    • Business Queen Room

This time it smell old smoking in the room, and was cold so I had to ask for extra heating,

Everything was great.
    • Deluxe Room

Staff couldn't speak English at a good level.

Everything was great. The cleaners are very kind.

Staff is excellent, always v helpful
    • Business Queen Room

Spa and gym not working, television not working, lamp in room not working....

Staff is excellent, always v helpful

In my first room was rusty water in the bathroom. the hotel moved me to another room.The maid was not attentive.
    • Business Queen Room

fitness club and spa didn't worked and hotel not provide any compensation for that.

Location, staff

It’s modern style, friendly staff and central location
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Shower curtain is not good to retain water once shower is fully operated

It’s modern style, friendly staff and central location

Moscow central

Great property

Good but not Great
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The Hotel had a bad week with renovation of facilities and events blocking the social areas

great location and modern atmosphare

Fair
    • Deluxe Room

Television from 1990 .... I didn't know that could still exist no flat Screen tv .... but definetly Is not a Five stars hotel

Location is really good

Breakfast could be better

Location is really good

Good hotel in excellent location for their money.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Good breakfast. Excellent (I mean it) location, and very helpful staff.

Not a four star hotel
    • Superior King or Twin Room

We had a view of a brick wall and rooms are very small,so nowhere to put your suitcases.

Cleanliness and location

great location and very friendly and helpful staff

great location and very friendly and helpful staff

Great location, a lot of restaurants walking distance

load music during breafast

Great location, a lot of restaurants walking distance

• Superior King or Twin Room

Metal sink in the bathroom.

Good value for money
    • Business Queen Room

Everything looks little bit used, need renovation, impossible to open windows

Nice staff, good location

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Bathroom

Bathroom

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Good value hotel
    • Deluxe Room

To find condoms for sale in the room

Excellent location and breakfast, good amicable staff and ok facilities, definitely a value hotel

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Superb location, pleasant staff

bit noisy room / neighbours

staff very accommodating and pleasant. fantastic location

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Nice location

Nice location

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Excellent Staff
    • Superior King or Twin Room

This is a truly recommended hotel. I've stay in 4 seasons, Ritz and Marriot before. This is the hotel to be

Browse Golden Apple Boutique Hotel traveller photo gallery