Reviews of Mamaison All-Suites Spa Hotel Pokrovka 5 stars

Pokrovka Street 40 bld 2, Basmanny, 105062 Moscow, Russia

#262 of 925 hotels in Moscow

• Deluxe Junior Suite

Free upgrade to Deluxe Suite. Very clean and comfortable rooms. Very good quality mattress and linen. Quite room, good quality sleep possible. One of the few hotels without big dirty carpets, but wooden floor in the room (much better air/climate in the room therefore). SPA not used, but looked very good from the outside. Unfortunately only one night. Next time I will book more nights in this hotel.

• One-Bedroom Deluxe Suite

shower was not comfortable because you should be careful of water to not going out of cabin. water presure was good but my room shower has problem and water was coming slowly. I stayed 5 nights at hotel but sheets of bed and pillows were not changed, but when I asked hotel they changed.

spa was great. room was very spacious. facilities for coffee and kitchen were nice. staffs were very helpful and english speaking. market right in fron of hotel and it was open 24 hours

• One-Bedroom Deluxe Suite

We ordered through booking com super lux room, and I looked through pictures of the type of room it seemed good enough, but in fact we’ve got smaller room with tiny windows and when we realized that pictures and descriptions about this type of room was far from reality we call to the front desk and they responded something like: oh, it is a booking com’s mistake. They put false pictures, it is their fault not ours. I just said ok. What could I do? And stuff’s manners in general are questinionable. But it is ok, may be just retrain them again and problem going to be solved. And never order pelmeny (dumplings) in restaurant! They are extremely bad taste(((

Interior is look modern, taps and everything in bathroom and kitchen not look old, room very clean, complementary cookies are really delicious.

Feels more like 4 stars.If You have room with many doors then it can be noisy from neighbors,can hear Tv at night.The spa feels like you swim at reception and staff all the time walking around You ..cant really relax..not bad at all..but we expected much more

Location is good

• Deluxe Junior Suite

Lamp in room didn’t work too many light switches for same lights, looking into a block of offices

Comfy bed reception space sofa at elevator on room floor was cute

• One-Bedroom Deluxe Suite

The bar manager was difficult

Suite was fantastic - exactly as advertised. Staff were friendly. Room was very clean, and the hot water could have been hotter, but the water pressure was great. The kitchen had enough supplies for 4 people, and the living room was up to date, and cool looking. Comfortable place to hang out with friends. The bar on the first floor is 24 hours.

Bed and pillows were really uncomfortable. The pool was cold and the sauna wasn't working. There was also terrible music coming from the events room ruining the atmosphere in the restaurant and bar

Under a half hour walk from Red Square. Friendly and helpful staff. Pool area looked great.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

SPA personel is not really friendly to the hotel guests. Lack of drinking water in SPA, water on the floor. Towels, slippers and even lockers are only upon request if available.

Personel was super friendly and professional. Great thanks to the team! Spacious rooms with fully equiped kitchen. All kitchenware is available as well. Good breakfast. Special thanks for breakfast till 12:00 on Sunday

• One-Bedroom Deluxe Suite

Beds were super UNCOMFORTABLE, the hotel involved things I did not use from the minibar in my bill and asked me to pay for it. The staff was not welcoming and I would never stay here again. I had a very bad experience with this hotel.

• One-Bedroom Deluxe Suite

there was no soundproofing in the room; you can hear music, tv and loud intimate noises from the room next door, was difficult to sleep. I have stayed at this hotel before and it was great, not all rooms have sound isolation. Breakfast was taken in a room once, was cold, really small eggs benedict with salmon and toast - was just about edible. Can't comment on other food at the hotel as did not want to eat there. Loads of coffee shops with much better food choices near by. Try coffee shop called Karvaev. Great Russian food and really fresh. 10 mins walk from hotel.

room had a lounge and a kitchenette, which was great as you can cook, if you wanted and make coffee / tea. Sadly can't wash up as no washing up liquid, or cloth, but cleaners did a good job. nice touch with chocolates daily after room clean. Has toiletries, so if you only have hand luggage - you can bring essentials. Shampoo, conditioner, body gel and cream provided, as well as slippers and bathrobes. Daily clean towels.

The bar was very expensive. The nearest Metro station is a 20 min walk away

The staff were friendly and spoke good English. The 2 bedroom suite we stayed in was amazing

• Deluxe Junior Suite

A little bit far from the metro station, the nearest one is 10 min walk.

This was my first stay in 5 star hotel. I got junior suite studio and I really liked the design and comfort of the room. It was perfect for 1 or 2 persons. I especially liked the TV panel in my room. Rooms were very clean, bathroom had all necessary facilities. Also, I got welcome drink in the restaurant. Location is a little bit far from metro, but down the Pokrovka street there are a lot of restaurants and pubs, so you don't need to go to the center if you want to have some fun in the evening.

This is not a 5 star hotel. I had a pull out bed that was so uncomfortable an the AC was poor. Very overpriced and very expensive breakfast

Good location and friendly staff. Restaurant was good

• Deluxe Junior Suite

I loved it! Great place with a perfect location - central, close to everything I planned to attend during my stay, but quiet; the spa area is wonderful, staff are caring and friendly; they took care of my mom who arrived much earlier than me. I'd definitely love to spend my next staying here.

• One-Bedroom Deluxe Suite

Great location with 5 minutes from the Sadovoe ring, good choice of good restaurants on Pokrovka str. I've got a really spaciuos room with the kitchenette and living room Stuff is nice and friendly and all the services were provided timely ( I used the dry clean service, transfer)

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The kitchen of our suite was across the corridor which wasn't great for the kids using themselves. The Mamaison although lovely is also a bit of a walk away from the metro, sonits a good 20 mins there and back.

We were upgraded to the Chairmans suite which was huge and fabulous. To have that amount of space was incredible.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Hotel was very clean, and the rooms were very spacious. We stayed there twice - before and after visiting St Petersburg - and it was fabulous both times. The bedrooms in the suites had en-suite bathrooms plus a separate toilet near the lounge area plus a kitchen and dining area. We were upgraded on our second stay to what felt like the Presidential Suite. It was superb! Our sons loved the jacuzzi! Woukd highly recommend and would definitely stay again.

No complaints

The value for money is great! Rooms are very clean and spacious. This was my second time and the hotel did not disappoint. I would definitely come back again.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

A reasonable walk of about 15 mins to the metro or 25 mins walk straight to Red Square. We tended to Uber it so that we were fresh for doing the sight-seeing proper.

Lovely large suite with 2 bathrooms plus another toilet! Large lounge and kitchen area.

normally the beds are very good, but this time the bed in room 415 was not good, the mattress should be replaced

Very quiet hotel in a nice neighborhood with many bars and retaurants nearby, nice walk to Kremlin within 20 minutes

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

You can hear almost everything what people in rooms next to you are doing.. One real thing I didn't like was that I got not everyday tea and coffee at my room...

Overall it's a really fair deal, I really can recommend it. A special mention to the reception staff, they were really helpfull and extremely polite..

Definitely not a 5 star hotel ( I have stayed in a range of hotels from 3 5 star and I think 4 star might be more appropriate. I had two stays with this hotel in the same week (as we travelled to St Petersburg mid-week). Reasons: 1. First stay ('green room' on 4th floor) - bed was VERY hard, actually my husband considered checking out the next morning as sleep was so poor, but I persuaded him to stay as I knew we were heading to St Petersburg the following night. During our second stay (also 4th floor but a 'red room'), the mattress was much more comfortable, however bed was very creaky so that if any of us turned in the night the noise would wake us up! 2. AC not very powerful, Actually didn't cool the room at all during the random 22 degree heat on the weekend. Opened window to get some air, however be aware if kids are in this room - the window opens FULLY, felt a bit giddy looking out. I'm sure they wouldn't book families in this level anyway... 3. Spa - pool was too cold to use. Hamman wasn't working (actually being renovated) - no warning of this before our stay. Lack of towels in Spa. Sauna was functional and decent size. 4. My biggest issue - HOTEL OVERCHARGED OUR CREDIT CARD FOR OUR FIRST STAY (Even though we booked via Booking). I'm not sure how they can get the sum wrong. It was only after we checked our email by chance to double check the price that we realised. Ekaterina emailed us and offered to refund the money back to the card and also discounted breakfast for our second stay (from 1500Rub to 1200Rub per person). We didn't have breakfast on our second stay, but on checking out again, was told that they had refunded us TWICE accidentally, so they needed us to pay the difference again. Slightly annoyed, as they offered no compensation for this, even though we explained our bank will charge us a fee again.

1. Location is the main reason I would recommend this hotel, it is on a main road, 20 minutes walk (along a straight road) to Red Square, lots of eating places on the way (such as Coffee Mania, McDonalds, Beer & Brut Restaurant, Tai Tai, wine bar and Japanese restaurants), and a 24 hour supermarket right opposite the hotel. The road is very busy so felt very safe at night. Bus stops just outside the hotel (Bus M3 is the main one we used). Kitay Gorod metro station about 10-15mins walk. Best thing for us was that there were 3 shisha cafes on this main road. 2. Ekaterina Shtovba (Reservation Manager) was very helpful as she sent me the Tourist Visa request within a few hours, as I needed it quickly so that I could go to the Visa office in London the next day. 3. Wifi is free and excellent connection 4. We had no issue with noise even though connecting room. 5. Hotel let us check out at 2pm instead of 12 as out flight was later...although I'm not sure this is anything special as lots of hotels we have stayed in offer this for free aswell

Poor SPA maintenance! 1/ Non working Hammam and no earlier notification about it.... apparently out of order for a long time already! 2/ no towels available and no staff to ask for!

Room was spacious and clean

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

The devil is in the details. From the meeting by the concierge who looked terribly unkempt, to the room number where there was lots of dust and a really uncomfortable bed, and the spa where if pointing out only one thing there is no water around to drink and if you ask you get water and a frown. You also have to ask at least two times.

Near the city center. Lot's of cafes just a few metres away.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

The food serviced in the hotel is good, but the cost/benefit for the room service and restaurant is definitely not worth it. As some already pointed out in the previous comments, the price of the meals, either the ones ordered in your room or the ones that you eat in the restaurant (as well as the breakfast) are very expensive. Some might say that the food is pricy because we are in a 5-stars hotel, but I've been in many 5-stars hotels in Moscow before that had food with similar quality (or sometimes even better quality), but they were not so expensive like here. Also, I think they could also improve the TV support. The one in my room was attached to a wall in a position that could only be seen sitting on the sofa, but it was impossible to watch TV on the bed.

The rooms are big and the bed is comfortable.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• One-Bedroom Deluxe Suite

The entrance of the hotel was very dirty and old carpet and room was extremely uncomfortable in particular mattress and pillows were extremely uncomfortable and causes pain to the entire family ...

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

Stylish, cosy, quite, clean, staff at the reception was very professional (great school) especially in compare to many other hotels in Moscow. Location just perfect - nice walk to red square, lots of restaurants, shops, etc. The room was very spacious

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

The number to call reception from the room was nowhere to found. Why not stick it on the phone?

Spacious room. We got a great deal and they let us check out late for free

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• One-Bedroom Deluxe Suite

Breakfast SOOO cheap and poor for a 5 stars! just a coffee with simple croissant + a piece of toast + muesli + butter and honey . Come on!!! Be creative and buy some baskets for the croissants ! Room service : food is soooo cheap also Caesar salad is very bad served for example : the salad is not from a good quality. It's a shame to serve this salad in a plate! Club sandwich : they don't have the real club sandwiches and they propose Only One kind of them with pork and bacon. What about the Jews and Arabic customers??? U should think about it guys! The staff of the room service is very nice and pro! James D.TOUATI

Spacious rooms ( apartment) Facilities Spa/ swimming pool The staff is very nice and kind

The service in the restaurant and breakfast room very slow and bad. Breakfast buffet extremely expensive for what they offer

The rooms quite comfortable and spacious.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Deluxe Suite

it's very cold in the rooms and there is no possibility to make the air warmer (no individual conditioning).

a nice location, free outdoor parking, quiet rooms.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

I would say it is strange it is 5 star hotel it should be 4. Price not bad A lot of cabinets which you will never use. I believe the room furniture need to be changed because a lot of scratches and that not matching that this hotel is 5 star. For SPA definitely it is strange SPA and that for the following reasons: I advice nobody ever think to try the turkish bath because it is definitely not a Turkish bath and i believe non of employees working in the SPA e try or see Turkish Bath before. The Manager of the SPA always behind the Admin Disk and do strange thing in her Hair or Hand and her face cover with strange masks , for 2 days and she do the same. Swimming pool really cold.

Good Location and a lot of options, good employees to let you check in before 2.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

Aircon is not very powerful in the room. Noise also carries between rooms due to split doors between suites.

Great hotel with spacious suites and good facilities, both in the room and the spa, etc. Great base for exploring the eastern portion of Moscow, and is also close to the Metro (10 minute walk). Comfortable bed and good bathroom.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

In a 2 bedroom apartment there was a coffee machine, but no kettle. There is a kitchenette, but no washing liquid nor dish washing cloth. Breakfast is overpriced.

Great location. Excellent facilities. Swimming pool available for the hotel guests for free.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Last two days they didnt put teabag and coffee in the room! Bed was uncomfortable and old! Taxi is less than 1000Rub but they charged me 4250 Rub!!!!! Never ask them for shuttle thats more than 4 times expensive than normal price!

It has free swimming pool!

Rooms had a nice size, unfortunately the pool was closed when I was there, so I can’t comment on that.

Room is big. Clean.

• Deluxe Junior Suite

More choicr of fresh fruit.

The service was friendly, the breakfast very good.

Breakfast was nothing special given the high price they charge

Clean, spacious, good location

Value, location .facilities

• One-Bedroom Deluxe Suite

Spa area needs renovation.

Perfect location. Spacious rooms. Nice staff.

Spa

A bit noisy in the morning from the other rooms.

Excellent pool and spa. Very nice rooms.

Since the first time bathroom was not clean enough (shower or bath).

Stayed for the third time in this hotel. Very modern with good SPA.

Shower head in our room was spraying water like it has been broken for a long time.

Very nice staff, clean and quiet environment.

Room service was not professional.

Location, design, conception. swimming pool.

Very nice

Excellent staff. Beautiful hotel

Quiet room, terrace outside, many bars and restaurants nearby, one supermarket in front of hotel, cinema showing English movies nearby

Very helpfull and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

I liked everything

Fantastic Hotel. Could not fault it on anything ! A definite recommendation to anyone visiting Moscow.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• One-Bedroom Deluxe Suite

Too far from the Metro. TV channels not always working properly.

The property was well located for conveniences and meals.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Location ,comfort

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

The room is big and cozy, everything we needed was there. Had a super breakfast, really enjoyed the stay.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Great location. It gives you the luxury of being at the heart of the city combined with calm athmosphere.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

• One-Bedroom Deluxe Suite

Good location and good hotel. Restaurant is not what I have expected - from meat place anyway. But still ok.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

a bit warmer water in the swimming pool would be nice

Very comfortable suite

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite

de suite was perfect voor gezin, ruim

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• One-Bedroom Deluxe Suite

Restaurant prices are too high. What is the reason?

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• One-Bedroom Deluxe Suite

high price, low quality breakfast

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

No towel change ffs

Location is good, u could bring friends etc. you know what i mean

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

There is no room service for the paid buffet breakfast

Very big room and modern decoration compared with other russian hotels

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Maid knocks with insistence though the NO-DISTURB sign is on! Bad pillows and bed. Decoration.

Room size

SHOWER AND KITCHEN

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

It was a nice room

• Deluxe Junior Suite

Location, nice spacious room.. Kitchen facilities very useful if travelling with family.. Efficient check in and good spa..

• One-Bedroom Deluxe Suite

Friendly staff, location, spa, room.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

the breakfast is a little overpriced.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

None.

This was the second time for my family to stay at this hotel. Perfect and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

The maid service wasn't good. Every day they forgot to replace something.

Nice hotel. Good sized rooms.

• Reviewed: 15 May 2016

The SPA is absolutely a crap: the hammam and the jacuzi were not working. The architectural and design style of the hotel is not adeguate to a 5 stars hotel. The staff is nice but not 5 stars standards. The room is standard, nothing special. Price is high, considering that 4 stars hotels cost the half!

The position, in a very nice area, full of restaurants and close to the center.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2016

Not child friendly at all we were told to shut up in the pool so we left and we meet another man with a baby and he was told he was only allowed 20 minutes in pool this is a discrace to pay for a expensive hotel and cant use facilities

• Reviewed: 31 March 2016

Supervisor in dining area thought we were running away every morning! The bill was presented before we had breakfast just because we had not booked the room with breakfast. The bed was very uncomfortable sinking in the middle. Twice I had to call downstairs or find the cleaning woman to get toilet paper as they would forget to provide two each time they cleaned the room. I had to walk downstairs everyday to get to the pool for my knee exercises (after two knee operations). No elevator. Steps are very steep.

Staff friendliness for the most part

• Reviewed: 18 March 2016

The air con didn't work and the bed was really uncomfortable. The mattress sank in the middle. All of this made for a very uncomfortable and not very nice sleep!

This is a great location close to restaurants, cafes and the train station. Easy to walk out and find something.

There are also 64 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Mamaison All-Suites Spa Hotel Pokrovka traveller photo gallery