Reviews of The Ritz-Carlton, Moscow 5 stars

Ulitsa Tverskaya 3, Tverskoy, 125009 Moscow, Russia

#63 of 925 hotels in Moscow

9.7

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We had to call several times for coffee capsule refills & cups because they wouldn’t do it automatically when cleaning the room

The decoration & architecture are so rich in & out without any compromise to functionality.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Everything was great: bed was super comfy, the room could be completely darkened, it was quiet nevertheless we were next to the Red Square, attention to the details was great, there was hot floor in the bathroom.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff at the service desk, for example booking a cruise, calling a taxi, organizing a city tour, is insufficiently professional and nonusable. No task was successfully done.

Everything, the beautiful, spacious rooms and especially the large bathrooms. The rooms are quiet and the beds are extremely comfortable, extremely clean. The staff is extremely professional, except on service desk, with a high level knowledge of the English language. We only stayed four nights, but the SPA&swimmimg pool were exceptionally relaxed.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Not quiet a view on our room. Not even close to the picture advertised when I picked the room with a view. Should they’ve suggested an upgrade even with a fee, we could’ve gotten it because we were celebrating a birthday occasion (this Russia trip was my gift to my husband and I would’ve wanted everything almost perfect) and we’ve travelled halfway of the world just to get here plus the fact we are already staying in Hilton hotel for 3 nights and we just transferred due to this impt occasion of ours. Our luggage got mixed up too (there’s 2 different luggages in our room) although, there’s no big deal because we can see the sincerity of all employess for the small mistake. But overall everyhting was still excellent and we had a good stay and happy with the service.

The ladies and gentlemen service.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Currency exchange. We have came around 22.00 and we did not have time to change money on airport since taxi was waiting us. We came to hotel to do check-in, and POS terminal did not worked for our cards (or worked partially) and I have asked to pay in Euro, but receptionist told me there is no currency exchange in hotel ?? Than told me that we can go to some hotel near. I think that hotel like Ritz Carlton should treat guests better.

Location, restaurant 02 at the roof, room. It has everything for perfect trip to Moscow.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Local near the landmark place and metro station . Room is beautiful. The staff of food and beverage is nice .I cannot remember her name may be Ta.... of Cafe Russe . She 's very nice n had service mind . Lucky to saw her.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I wasn’t impressed with the AC system as it doesn’t go under 21.5C which isn’t acceptable for when you are travelling with an older woman who is going through hot and cold flashes. But Annasatasia found a solution for us quickly and moved us to a cooler room. I wish the hotel fixed their AC system for other guests.

Very happy with the service that Annastasia and Anna have provided for my mother and I. Everything was a yes and their service was immaculate! Ivan the bellboy was very helpful too! Service I think was one of the best I experienced in Moscow.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I don’t understands why I need to pay extra 250rub +13% for the room service if I want to order food to my room?! Never seen this “service” before

Everything was great. Loved spa a lot. Can’t say a lot about the food. Bc ive eaten just once. But what I’ve had it was delicious. Didn’t have a chance to try a breakfast either. I’m sure it’s great

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I can't change temperature in my room.

There is a story worth to share: I was in Moscow in 2017 Dec 26, yet I lost my camera in the train. The hotel arranged Mr Ivan with me to the police station assassinating me to report the case. Mr Ivan spent a whole day with us in the Police station and he did not leave until we returned to our room. Mr Ivan shown the highest standard hotel industry: He kept his manner and patient through entire process. With his help I eventually found my bag. Once again Mr Ivan has proven that Ritz-Carlton is the best hotel chain in the world.

• Club Level Room with Executive Lounge Access

Super lavish hotel with great service. We stayed during NYE, so it was a bit hard to get around in Moscow, but the hotel was superb in handling our needs. When the street outside the hotel was closed and taxis couldn't come to the hotel, the concierge escorted us to the nearest spot where they had a car waiting.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Great spa, the buffet breakfast was delicious. Concierge was very helpful and efficient. USB ports next to the bed for iPhone charging. We loved it there and would definitely stay again.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Excellent Location close to Red Square. Friendly Staff! Beautiful Spa. Friendly staff in Bar & restaurant area. Confortable beds. Simple, a Ritz Carlton hotel.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

no comments, it was maybe too perfect!

Delicious breakfast, great room service, very clean hotel, great spa area, a real 5 star de luxe hotel, will definitely come back and what a great location, we loved it!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Coffee and tea supplies too mean and too limited Mini bar was locked, could have asked to open, but not bother

The front desk lady (Irina) was exceptional and try very very hard to make us feel good and warmly welcome.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

O2 Lounge is pricy compared to similar lounges.

Room was great and very comfortable beds. Great facilities and staff. O2 lounge has the most beautiful view.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I had couple of issues in service at the beginning and it was not as per the ritz standard, but I have raised it to the hotel manager and it was sorted out quickly.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

There was a lot of noise during the night - next door room? So not sure about the sound proofing. Also usually had to wait for quite a time when approached the reception desk with queries.

Beautiful room and helpful staff. Location also very good! Great views from the roof top bar.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Restaurant and lobby lounge very expensive.

Coffee and tea maker in the room, excellent breakfast, rooftop restaurant with beautiful views of the Kremlin, very large room and bathroom, excellent service.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

It was all good

The room was a great size, very comfortable bed - luxurious. We had a view over the front of the hotel - which gave us interesting view The bar on the 12th floor overlooks the Kremlin - fantastic views and lovely atmosphere The breakfast selection was very extensive and option to have eggs/omelette cooked Would recommend this hotel

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Room service quality of the food was horrible. And was very difficult to sleep because you could hear what people were doing upstairs downstairs and in the hallways there should be some sort of soundproofing in these types of hotels the Hyatt is a much better choice .

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing. I wish I could have stayed longer. Will return.

Fabulous location. Very friendly staff. Good level of English for the non Russian speaker! Warm comfortable room with underfloor heating in bathroom.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Service was not according to the price of the hotel. When arrived no bell boy service was offered. Nobody came out to assist with the luggage. Only unfriendly security guard , when i asked is there anyone to help with the luggage, he answered "No, there is nobody to help, to get the luggage from the car." Once i checked in, i received the room, which had broken besides table, also automatic curtains was not functioning, and USB charging portal did not work. After one night i was offered a better room, which was very nice, only in the bathroom i stepped on the broken piece of glass and hurt my self.

• Executive Suite

Elevator a bit confusing at the start. But worked out eventually. Maybe a staff to walk physically with the guest to elevator to teach them on how to use

Room being so quiet

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Executive Suite

when i made the order it was written full board when i got to the hotel the full board was free access to 11 fl day buffet . it is misleading and i paid 30,000 rub for for the diners in the hotel. i wrote an email to customer service no one got in contact with me ,yet i got an email to rate the answer of christian from customer service (i did not get) i am very upset from your customer service

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately we thought the breakfast not of the same standard as some other Ritz Hotels. The interior of the breakfast venue is harsh , the music is loud and unsuitable and the coffee was unpalatable (?chicory) Sadly the breakfast was a false note in an otherwise wonderful stay in the hotel.

The hotel is exquisite ! The foyer is lovely and the flowers are beautiful! The service is excellent and friendly. The rooms are large , the interior is soft on the senses and the electronics introduced in a very subtle way.There is an abundance of usb ports for all electronics! The bathroom is the best ever! with very high quality products. They are very generous with bottled water which we loved!

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Paid for one of their cars to take us to the boat for our river cruise having been guaranteed that we would be taken right up to the boat. Instead we were dropped with four pieces of luggage 2 kilometers from our boat. Response to a complaint was that cars weren't allowed onto the dock... yet we saw several city taxis dropping passengers at various boats including our own. For this we paid around £60! This is an expensive hotel - not special glass of wine & piece of cake cost £25.

Excellent location - close to but not overlooking the Kremlin.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

• Executive Double Room

Un-professional, Un-friendly attitude of staff at O2 lounge will always make you feel un-welcome !! Almost no body in the hotel knows how to smile and staff at various locations felt like amateurs in a guest house rather than a Ritz !

Nicely located modern and comfortable hotel. No balconies in any room and no view from most of the suites even !

Great location!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

very comfortable (wonderful bed, shower, etc), great location for watching the Victory Day parade.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I am still waiting refund of deposit

• Superior Double or Twin Room

No porridge in room-service breakfast But generally everything was good

Beautiful hotel with one of the best location. Nice bed and room design

Breakfast is nice

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Disturbed twice while room privacy indication was on. Forgotten items were not collected.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Was promised City view room. (could only just about spot the towers of the Kremlin on my ninth floor?!)

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I really don’t like rooms facing patio

It’s nice but overpriced hotel

Great location, great stuff

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Perfect location, very close to Red Square, Kremlin, Bolshoi Theatre etc.

Ventilation noise in room

• Superior Double or Twin Room

C.mon its the Ritz....is there anything anyone can dislike.

Fantastic location, staff, breakfast, bed, etc etc.

Awesome

Club lounge

Retiro room service Toallas

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I like all the arrengements and the hotel facilities

• Superior Double or Twin Room

One of the most magnificent hotels we have ever stayed. The staff was amazing. When we left, it was like leaving friends.

• Club Level Room with Executive Lounge Access

Great lounge staff less good check-in desk manager but great hotel really worth it!

Minibar prices

Top in all three: Service, comfort, location

Perfect hotel

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The location, the service, rooms were modern, clean and comfortable. Staff professional and helpful. breakfast was also impressive.

• Executive Suite

I like everything, the service and convenient everything and food is excellent!:) I love it 😍

• Club Level Room with Executive Lounge Access

Excellent property, location, facilities and staff. We had a club room which made our trip all the more enjoyable.

Service

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Swimming pool , comfy bed love this hotel

12 floor staff

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

• Executive Suite

It was good and location excellent

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The Staff, the location and the comfort.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• Executive Suite

The hotel has a great central location. The staff is friendly and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Location is good

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

I

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Expensive on certain things and don't cater really for english like certain things for breakfast sauces etc

Service and comfort

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Great location, beautiful view, well maintained facilities , staff is very friendly and speak good English

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

no pork sauages no sauces like tomatoe AND no HP sauce

n

• Reviewed: 11 April 2016

Room service dining really not the quality you expect

Perfectly located with view on Kreml, good restaurant, cosy lounge. Very comfortable and generous rooms

• Reviewed: 10 April 2016

The hotel is perfectly located beside the Kremlin and Red Square and very accessible to Охотный Ряад metro station. The hotel were very good at organising the necessary documentation to process the visa application and to book a car to collect me from the airport.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2016

Love this hotel, great location, elegant decor in the room. Swimming pool is just amazing. Tasty breakfast and nise restaurant on the top floor. I wouldlike to come back

• Reviewed: 14 February 2016

Soundproofing wasn't great - you could hear people slamming doors or chatting in the corridor.

Bed is amazing - huge and soft. My wife had a birthday so she got an amazing Napoleon cake as a present.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2015

The window in my room did not open at all. It felt very claustrophobic inside. Lobby was always very crowded and it did not feel comfortable to sit there.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2015

None!

Great location; Very delicious traditional Russian cuisine at Cafe Russe; Elegant interior design; Efficient and pleasant customer service; Great 24-hour gym; Amazing view at the rooftop restaurant bar.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2015

I asked for a "band-aid" to the concierge and he pointed me to the pharmacy in front of the hotel, it was 22:30, and said. Try there, for sure they have... For this kind of hotel the minimum I would expected was to have someone doing this small kindness to the guest.

Bedroom and localization.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2015

Overrated, too expensive with breakfast not even included. Toiletries not replenished. Breakfast start at 7 am, why not earlier?

The bed and the location

• Reviewed: 25 August 2015

Nothing bad to say honestly. Russia is much cheaper than london. In London to stay in the ritz would be 3 to 4 times more in price!!

I booked the golden apple boutique hotel, but when I arrived , I was so disappointed. This is the 1st time I've ever taken time out to give a review on anything. From the non-smiley and cold receptionists to the miserable room and it's facilities . There was was no way it is a 5 star hotel , maximum 3 stars! After walking past the Ritz Carlton I went back online and found that for roughly for £30 a night I could stay there. So I checked out the next moring as I booked the ritz Carlton.What a contrast!! Amazing hotel friendly staff, so welcoming. And when I entered the room I was shocked to find a suite!! 3 times the size of golden Apple hotel. This is a lovely hotel with full 5 star facilities . I have absolutely nothing negative to say. A lovely receptionist called Alexandra was extremely helpful and caring, she went out her way to help me.

• Reviewed: 30 May 2015

I wasn't wowed at all for the price I paid, staff are very "Tough" not welcoming, didn't make me feel welcome or warm at all, so cold, a bit disappointed for Rits Carlton to be like this.. The room view is not so good, even if you take the expensive one, you won't get a proper view .. Other places have much better view of the Kremlin and much friendlier staff.

I went there for my Birthday, the stay was decent..

• Reviewed: 17 May 2015

The long wait for the check in. It took around 30 minutes. One of the bedrooms was located in the far edge overlooking a very noisy street with construction that goes until the morning. The furnishings were sadly lacking. It give me the impression of a store room. The other rooms were also having outdated furniture. The impression I received from the hotel is that this was once a very grand hotel.

Perhaps it was my own fault but the picture shared here give a different impression from reality. The hotel is fare from the kremlin. I thought the terrace view much closer but it turns out it is far and the window is looked so you need to stick your nose to view it.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2015

The reception staff on check in and out slow and didnt say about club level benefits, had to ask about the club lounge, slow on check out

I always stay here, breakfast in club lounge is best and the view is amazing, thanks to the best location.

There are also 53 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse The Ritz-Carlton, Moscow traveller photo gallery