Reviews of Rossi Boutique Hotel 4 stars

Nab.Reki Fontanki 55, Tsentralny district, 191023 Saint Petersburg, Russia

#280 of 961 hotels in Saint Petersburg

Spa facilities were amazing.

Service from attached restaurant was not friendly or efficient.

Spa facilities were amazing. Service from the Guest Relations Manager made a huge difference to my stay.

Wonderful stay and highly recommend the guided tours.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

They don't take AmEx which I had used to reserve the room initially. They sent an email 2 days before we were to arrive that may CC had been rejected and I needed to update my CC to a Visa. A little stressful.

The staff was great. The room was clean and comfortable. Its in a great location near a canal with boat cruises and lots of shopping and restaurants. The restaurant in the hotel was great. Had a wonderful time.

staff friendly;

cold water in the shower - takes time to warm-up lift and coffee machine at the reception broken took us more than 10 mins to get the left luggage - the receptionist was busy with the queue and her colleague was just missing on site

staff friendly; central location

Run down hotel in a nice old building in a very good...

I paid approximately 600 EUR for a room without breakfast in a 2-3 star hotel

Run down hotel in a nice old building in a very good location which was much too expensive

Rossi Hotel is very close to Rossi Street, the most...

Rossi Hotel is very close to Rossi Street, the most beautiful, elegant, poetic street in Saint-Petersbourg from my point of view, where is also the Vaganova Academy of Ballet. A few steps from the Alexandrinskij Theatre, the Russian Library, the Nevskij Prospekt and the Gostinyj Dvor, in the very center of the city! Every room is different and there is the possibility to choose a room with view Na Reki Fontanki. Excellent breakfast and Russian-Asian-European dinner on demand. I hope to come back one day.

Happy Long Weekend in S.Petersburg

very comfortable and being there was a very pleasant experience. The staff is very professional and have good sense of customer's needs and hopes. The Spa has a wide scale of services and treatments to offer.

Good, but not outstanding and not 4*
    • Executive Suite

Breakfast was adequate. we booked an Executive Suite. It was a nice double room, but not a sweet by any standards. Their website shows Executive Suites as having a bath in the photos, but not all do

Location was great. Good for walking to most main sites

Hotel “Rossi” is a comfortable and cozy stop in the cool historical north metropolis

Not enough water pressure in the shower . Hotel lobby is too small .

Friendly and helpful staff. Cozy decorated rooms. Quiet , not crowded area around hotel . Short distance from main attractions of Nevskiy ave.

Alexandra The Concierge was extremely helpful in helping us...
    • Executive Suite

Chaotic checking into the the hotel. Two of our party's reservations had been cancelled, and took ages to rectify in spite of the hotel being at fault. We had particularly requested a room with a bath. When we got to our room which was a long way from reception there was no bath. I returned to reception where they found my email request. We were given another room with a bath, but it was only available for the first 3 nights of our 4 night stay, so on the last night we had to move to another room. The hotel upgraded us to a Luxury Suite but it had no bedside lights and only tiny marble shelves beside the bed. The hotel did arrange for additional lighting when requested. There was also only one luggage rack in the room.

Alexandra The Concierge was extremely helpful in helping us source tickets to the ballet, and with assistance with our boarding cards. Roman, the Mini Bus Driver was the most amazing guide. His knowledge, humour and interesting conversation greatly added to our enjoyment of St Petersburg. The Restaurant was very good and staff friendly and helpful.

Nice hotel. However, we were expecting more for the price we paid.

Very misleading advertising of the spa! Free access is only between 7-10am!! After that, you have to pay an entrance fee. This was really disappointing as this is why we chose this hotel over another one. Poor lighting in the room. Small room. (we had a double room) Noisy at night - other customers were very noisy: talking loudly in the hallways and slamming doors.

Welcoming and helpful staff. Cute looking hotel. Comfortable beds. Restaurant attached to the hotel was practical to grab dinner the first night. The food was nice and well-priced. Within walking distance of the main streets.

Quite expensive and not the expected value for money.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The Pool is free of charge only form 7 till 12 o'clock. In the afternoon it costs 750 Rubels per Person extra. There are no Tea-/Coffee facilities in the room. The free welcome drink is either vodka or wine. No non-alcoholic drinks provided.

Good location. Nice room.

A very nice hotel and a good location. The transportservice from/to the railroad station was superb. We valued all the guidance and info about the city shared with us. Breakfast was excellent as was all other service we received. Happy to recommend this hotel.

Very enjoyable and relaxing

The buffet breakfast was generous but some things could be improved. Better quality orange juice for instance, nicer bread and the availability of alternative milk for those who are lactose intolerant ( soy or almond milk for instance).

Charming comfortable hotel, very helpful and polite staff, very well located.

I will definitely choose this hotel again

The windows overlooked a small courtyard with garbage cans that were noisily devastated very early in the morning at the weekend. I suppose it is not by a direct fault of the hotel, but probably this is something the hotel can manage with city authorities for more comfortable stay of the guests

Very nice and comfortable hotel, friendly and helpful stuff. Central location with many good places around including the main sightseeing and restaurants/cafes.

A boutique hotel in the heart of Saint Petersburg
    • Executive Suite

We liked so much this boutique hotel . The staff was really kind . Very nice ancient furniture . The spa was perfect and the breakfast very good and rich .

Great place to stay, but keep the windows closed

Breakfast is good, but missing some dessert in my opinion. We had a issue with mosquitoes at night and nobody told us we had to close the window because of mosquitoes season, it was hard to sleep

Attention of the staff, nice giveaways in the checkout, style of the hotel

Hotel is very good!

On breakfast was everything what is necessary, but would prefer to see a little bit more for desert and more fruits. And when you are coming to breakfast staff is asking would you like to get a fresh omelet - which is good, but sometimes staff is so busy that forget or do not see new visitors. We have been lucky and got fresh omelet baked specialy for us every morning, but we saw that some visitors even didn't know that there is such option. Would recommend to put a notice to visitors in restaurant that if they want to get fresh omelet, they should ask staff. Anyway, everything was very good!

Hotel is very good! Friendly staff very friendly, excellent location. We are very satisfied and reccomending to all. Many thanks for staff.

Well placed high quality hotel with many rooms with great views to the river and square
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Bedside light switch was not working ... the corridor decor was dark and the wall paper and brick does not go together and the light fittings were not good and out of character...as an experienced architect who designs hotels I have a profession and a users view...

Great view of river. ..... internet was easy. Good size room ... mini bar well stocked

Rude Staff!'
    • Executive Suite

Mostly the staff...a member of the dining room staff..a young short young man treated me like unbecoming to my standards. The hotel rooms are very pretty but I would not recommend this hotel. PS I relocated to the Domina hotel and staff are much more helpful and friendly.

Breakfast was terrible. Little fruit and mostly spoiled. Coffee from machine not good. Prepared eggs very oily. Very little variety. I arrived and could not find my ID card and they were less than helpful. The only person that was sympathetic was Maria the other female staff person rude. I had to contact myself previous hotel for them to fax copy of I'd card. Lucky for me I found it later

A comfortable and reliable hotel where you can feel totally relaxed.

Not so near main sights of St Petersburg but lovely location on the river and not far from Nevsky Prospect and Faberge Museum. Hotel is well sound proofed and internally very quiet. Restaurant is sort of Japanese but we did not feel it was good value. Breakfast average hotel buffet standard. Cafes just across the river.

Extremely courteous and friendly staff. Wonderful retro room in grand Petersburg tradition. Overall excellent value.

Quiet hotel close to downtown St Petes

That our room was at the back. Most rooms overlook the river. The spa area is only available free of charge in the morning.

The hotel was well situated with restaurants and bars close by. You also had a reduction in the restaurant located at the hotel entrance. The spa area was really nice but small. Decoration was really charming and the bed was comfy.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Friendly courteous staff who were willing to go that extra mile.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Use of spa was limited and size of pool was small. The photos gave an impression of it being much larger. The tiled floors are slippery and my mother took a fall so be aware.

Bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Warm staff, excellent service

Breakfast is pretty dull. Needs some improvement

The staff is very professional and friendly. Everyone was going extra mile to please us. Excellent time

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Highly recommended!
    • Executive Suite

The breakfast could have been better: better bread, better croissants, fruit salad, freshly squeezed juices, scrambled eggs... Also, it was too warm in the room

The very professional staff, the location, the room, the bathroom, the spa, the restaurant (great diversity in the menu and good quality ingredients), the internet connection

• Luxury Suite

Restaurant - great food but is a bit over priced

The lovely hotel was complimented by the warm and friendly staff. The Rossi hotel team are fantastic at making you feel welcome and helping you in any way they can. Brilliant stay for 4 night's. Hotel is 5 mins walk from Nevsky Prospect and 30 mins walk from Winter Palace. There is an interesting large market 2 mins away too.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

This was my second stay and again I loved it.

The restaurant Fiolet used to be a good one but it really disappointed me this time.

This was my second stay and again I loved it. The staff is fully English speaking and very kind and helpful. The room is very nice and well equipped. Breakfast is fair enough and reasonable in price. A good place to stay in Piter.

Very good location, just off Nevsky Prospect, with...

I had 2 single beds pushed together which was fine, but could have been more comfortable Breakfast was fine, but not amazing

Very good location, just off Nevsky Prospect, with interesting design and art all over, which is also for sale. Staff were friendly and helpful: when I arrived no rooms were available but they found a way to let me have a shower in the spa so I could head out and see the sights feeling fresh! Free wifi helped me keep in touch, and the bathroom was nice, large and modern

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Fantastic hotel

Free spa in the morning, was great. the breakfast was very good. You have a short walk from the hotel, to a lot of historic sites in Saint Petersburg.

Good value for money

The shower in the sauna facilities has a problem with the drainage. The steam room has a rather unpleasant smell.

I liked that the hotel is tastefully decorated and clean.

Definitely give this place a try !

access to spa facilities on the wekend

\the staff were lovely. they were helpful, caring and really tried to help out with our own requirements Cleaning staff also very good Only criticism is that the swimming pool is really not that- 2 people and its not possible to swim..........misrepresentation We were very pleased to see such pride in the staff in their establishment and hope that we may return sometime in the future Only the explosion on our way to the airport rather spoiled the trip YVonne Millman

Location is very good, even though there was a road...

Beds. Ok, I'm tall enough (1,88m), but even my wife (1,76) had a problem - our foots hung out from bed. And wooden "side wall" of this bed was beautiful, but not comfortable. In the morning it's impossible to sleep: our room was on a sun-side, so you even have to set up air condition, open windows (but you can't because of trafic jams), or get up and explore the neighboorhood. And one more thing. I was in many hotels, but I was surprised of "hospitality": we had only one bathrobe, and pair of towels. And we had to ask for dental set. I think, that 4-star hotel could be a little bit more generous.

Location is very good, even though there was a road construction right in front of our window. Staff was very competent and friendly. SPA, which was located in hotel building - must visit.

Cheating with SPA access, couldn't be concerned as a spa hotel

This hotel couldn't be presented as a SPA!! Because if you want to visit it in the evening after long day of the cold Russian spring you must pay for it 1500 per two hours (any other city popular spa are payed at least 2 times less). Location is not that good. If I would new about this cheating with their spa (THEY DO NOT PREVENT ABOUT THAT!!!), I wouldn't book, because it is possible to find much better location for this price. Breakfast is a bit poor end it is served with soluble coffee.

Amazing location, nice staff

Bed uncomfortable, room too small, lift freezes frequently.

Concierge (Vitaly) very helpful, spa in hotel, location is amazing, breakfast is good on Russian standards, bathroom is beautiful

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

The most comfiest bed in a hotel... ever!

The rooms were rather warm!

The staff were amazing - very friendly, always smiling, well spoken English, willing to help. The concierges and reception staff were full of helpful advice and recommendations. Room service was impeccable - fresh laundry and very clean. Perfect location for walking around St P. Breakfast was a buffet with a fresh omelette made to order. Plenty to choose from ample.

A nice small hotel
    • Luxury Suite

As well as good staff, there were also bad ones. In general all of the staff are young, and the young men working the bar and restaurant are more interested in chatting to themselves or watching TV than serving, and they have the same couldn't care less attitude at breakfast. Whereas the young girls were much better and enthusiastic. I stayed in a luxury suite. The room was clean and nicely decorated, however it's not a suite in the way one would expect. A suite should have a separate living room. This is just one room that's a bit larger than a regular room. None of this would put me off staying again though, and please note, I am a grumpy old man 😀

Very helpful reservation desk staff and consierge. Good location.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Good location, nice staff but delux bedroom not delux!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Pool is only plunge pool not proper swimming pool, reason for booking with them! Also 1500 rub per person is crazy expensive as we had 2 children also! We booked delux double room, very disappointed, nice bathroom but poor bedroom!

Bed comfy, nice staff, good location

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

A very pleasant stay at a nice and well managed hotel.
    • Executive Suite

The hotel had a central heating system. It was difficult to regulate the temperature in the room, but the staff was helpful adjusting the radiators.

Very friendly staff, a good sized room and nice location; less than 10 minute walk from Nevski Prospekt

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

Great hotel in the heart of st Petersburg

The hotel was only a few minutes from the Nevsky prospect. The bathroom was huge and the robes and slippers were a great touch! The spa facilities were great and free in the morning! The staff were super helpful! We also appreciated the free vodka shots at the restaurant!

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Excellent suite and view, great location and very...
    • Executive Suite

Very strong smell of chlorine at the reception (due to the spa-section I presume) and the breakfast was a little lacking in variation

Excellent suite and view, great location and very accomidating staff.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Excellent service and friendly staff

I would have liked a bigger bar area to relax in the evening. The menu in the restaurant was limited - I would have liked more traditional Russian food and live music in the hotel.

It was great to be able to use the spa without having to pay in the morning.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Wonderful hotel, great location aND staff

The rate for the first room I was in.please see the previous reservation for that room.

I loved my room once I got switched out of a very cold cramped one. I loved the breakfast. I especially thought the staff was excellent. Special mention to artem.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Nice hotel but much overpriced (if you include sauna visit) for its category!

Spa center is not free! Even sauna and not even for guests! So, you could stay in a much nicer 5* hotel for the same price!

The interior is really cozy and charming, old building, nice paintings, etc.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Great boutique hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The lifts are currently very slow . I gather there are plans for new lifts which will be a bonus.

Very welcoming and good facilities. We had a really spacious room and a lovely view across the river. The staff were generally very helpful particularly the 2 gentleman who were on the front door who helped with lots of different requests. The hotel generally has a very warm, welcoming feel.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Excellent stay in Saint Petersburg

A few more fruit options would have made a very good breakfast into an excellent breakfast!

The staff were excellent and always prepared to go the extra mile. Good location for city centre but still quiet. Pool is nice - but only free during certain times in morning (not sure if that was in the website description). Got airport pick-up - good and reliable.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Good boutique hotel in good location
    • Executive Suite

Standard rooms small and not worth it. Pay a bit extra and get an executive room

Helpful staff,especially Alexandra. Executive rooms extremely comfortable. Great bathroom and amenities. A free massage was excellent Good position and easy to walk to Nevsky. Breakfast very good . Restaurant for dinner was good but service can be a bit slow at times.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Good, but needs a lot of work to be top rated.

The rooms were far too hot and I couldn't sleep. The windows can be opened but I was getting bitten by insects so had to keep them shut. The staff told me that the heating was now on hence the lack of aircon. The bathroom was hotter again. There was no mirror in my room and so I was having to dry my hair in the bathroom which was unbearable. Breakfast was terrible. I would go elsewhere. The restaurant is japanese. I would rather eat Russian food in Russia. Some of the reception staff were great. The weekend staff (younger) tended to be rude with one shrugging.

The location was fantastic and the welcome staff great. They also helped to organise the taxis to and from the airport.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Great stay after all!

Breakfasts are filling and well served but would expect something more from a 4* hotel of such good rating

Very helpful and engaged staff. Helped us arrange tickets to ballet that seemed impossible task at late notice!

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Beautiful and cosy hotel with amazing staff

the only complaint was that the cost of laundry was very expensive.

Service staff were very helpful, despite language difficulties were very accommodating (and where there would always seek another staff member who spoke english for us, which was very kind). Breakfast was delicious and very reasonably priced. The room was great and hotel interior was beautiful.

It was wonderful
    • Executive Suite

the spa was small, lot of stairs. it is not access to handicaps.

one elevator only and its not working properly

one elevator only and its not working properly

I was and if I came back Petersburg I would stay at this hotel.

Maybe having a business centre.

The service, the friendless of the staff and the location.

Comfortable rooms with nice breakfast
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I had to wait before I got my keys for the room.

Room was clean and comfortable, location was great. Breakfast is good.

The bedrooms were very comfortable, with underfloor heating...

The breakfast was not great - had an omelette and it was very watery.

The bedrooms were very comfortable, with underfloor heating in the bathroom.

Very good location with excellent services nearby.

Room could use a mirror. Breakfast needs improvement in variety. Spa facilities not available easily.

Upgraded room was very nice with a lot of light.

good WiFi

good WiFi Pretty central location helpful staff

Incredible warm and kind staff

There was nothing I didn’t like

Incredible warm and kind staff

Showers in the room behind curtain

Service, telephone not working in the room, waited for 40 minutes for iron

Showers in the room behind curtain

Lovely. Really very enjoyable.

Everything was good

Pretty nice hotel to stay..

Everything was fine. Clean and big rooms with cool design bathrooms and nice breakfast.

Concierge lady and Roman were excellent.

Concierge lady and Roman were excellent.

Excellent hotel, brilliant location and exceptionally...

Excellent hotel, brilliant location and exceptionally friendly and helpful staff.

We took luxury room with excellent view of the city and huge...
    • Executive Suite

We took luxury room with excellent view of the city and huge bathroom. Very recommended! Also the massage was good.

That spa area was for extra money, only 2 hours in the morning were free.

View from the window, breakfast.

Hotel with character, nice building, charming people and the...

Hotel with character, nice building, charming people and the reception, very friendly doorman, god loction for city tours.

• Executive Suite

The price was amazing. Lovely hotel. Restaurant is very good. Breakfast is grand. Spa is lovely. Think u can't go wrong

Everything was amazing

Everything was amazing

Cozy atmosphere

Breakfast leaves much to be desired

Cozy atmosphere Historical interior Friendly people at reception and in sale service

Hotel is very good, clean, rooms are very nice. Stuff is friendley!

That Spa part was extra money and sauna was kalt

Place, hotel, restoran was very good :)

Rossi Hotel Staff Are Superb

Room was comfortable and very attractive. Unique design.

elegant hotel

Two floor room with toilet above. Very inconvenient. Not enough power sockets, no hangers at bathroom.

Classic style furniture and fitting out

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Good place in the centre

Everything is good. The hotel is not too small not too big. Beautiful

Rossi is amazing
    • Luxury Suite

Perfect staff and the view. Also very good food in the restraunt.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Alexandra is incredible administrator.

Alexandra is incredible administrator.

Browse Rossi Boutique Hotel traveller photo gallery