Reviews of Coral Al Khobar Hotel 5 stars

King Abdullah Street, Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia

#73 of 183 hotels in Al Khobar

I have booked king bed room for two nights , however there was no available king bed at the moment of check in , i have been told i have to wait from 45 mins to 1 hour or we can provide you with twin bed instead.. i stayed in room 219 .. it was so bad, you can hear the sounds of people at the next room .. couldn’t sleep well as they had noisy kids, shouting non stop... the room was ok, rusty fridge cabinet and the carpet not that clean .. there was no iron so i had to request it from the reception, once the provided me with the iron , they have told me please be fast as there is high demand on it !!

Nothing to be honest, perhaps the price is reasonable

It is old. The pillows were not comfortable. We could hear the noise from the next room there wasn't soundproof. There wasn't bathtub. It doesn't look like 5star hotel

The breakfast was amazing the staff was awesome clean and cozy room

Wifi connection was good but could be better (it was slower to view videos). There were some noises in the water pipe (I suspect but I was not entirely where after checking it) at night, which forced me to wear earplugs. There was mainly European/American food. I don't mind trying some other cuisines including of course local cuisine.

Very clean everywhere; staff are very friendly and efficient; check-in and check-out were quick and pleasant; facilities and amenities are good; the bed is a good size; the room is very warmly decorated; food is great. I was offered hot towel and a drink while check-in. That was nice and beyond my expectation.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Some amneties in the room could be better.

The rooms are very spacious. The staff at the reception were extremely welcoming and helpful they called in advance to make sure the arrangement of the multiple rooms we booked was ok with us. Valet service was quick. The location is close to many attractions.

• Grand Suite

everything was awful, starting with the front desk personnel that were really slow and unhelpful. the room was not clean and the bed sheets were actually dirty. Basically no room service we asked for water which we never got! Breakfast was okay but not impressive. I do not recommend at all.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

The bathroom was a bit smelly ... and you have to call the housekeeper to order slippers. The price was a bit high

I booked an hour before my arrival , the receptionist was very cooperative, they hosted me a juice until my room got ready.

Dragging the bag to the car park which doesn't have elevator access. The toilet seat flush system is not working. The hot water takes time to come and is not hot enough.

The friendliness of the staff.

My worst experience ever! Not sure how/when did they get the 5 star rating. 1- Twoels smell bad. 2- I went to the swimming pool in the evening and found that it was turned to be (Swimming training pool) with 2 coaches training and screaming at around 12 kids. You just can’t move arpund. Fine, I came back in the morning and found more than 20 kids at the same time and other 3 coaches are screaming. Discusting

Some of the staff are very ill mannered. I ordered some food when I arrived and they kept asking me for cash now plus deposit around 3 times in one hour because there was some recent "runaways". long story short, they ruined my first night because of the argument. the other staff members are very respectful. Parking is crowded and unorganized. The entrance for the hotel is not easy to spot and the entrance for the parking is a mystery and the signs are very small.

Spacious room, the spa is nice and good service there. the restaurant is alright.

• Family Suite

No good views each sides of the hotel

I liked how quiet the place is. Highly recommended for people who look for a quiet place nice and clean. Great location. Easy to access and arrives there.

Nothing to dislike. My experience was great.

This is my second time here and it was as great as the first one. For sure I’ll stay at Coral during my next visits.

Not much to dislike. Very good experience here.

My experience with the hotel was great. The staff were very helpful and friendly specially Mohammed Alonezi who I was dealing with as well as the check-in was very quick. The location and the cleanliness of the hotel is amazing and this is one of the most important things to be considered. Finally, I definitely want to stay at this hotel in my next visits. Keep it up guys.

I spent more than 30 minutes till i get my room, as per the reception the request will take long time if you just submitted, then I called Booking.com to resolve the issue, and they did immediately at that time otherwise might I wait longer

In the center of the city with nice facilities

I don't know why this is a 5 star hotel. The room and services weren't even 3 star. Don't be fooled by the pictures here. Room was very small and plain. The bathroom was the worst part. No hot water, and extremely cramped. Lighting was horrible. The carpet had stains everywhere. The cupboard had rust. We stayed for 2 nights and no one came to clean the room. Horrible experience with this hotel. If you have a booking here, do yourself a favor and cancel it.

health club and all its facilities are for men only, no women allowed, however, according to their personnel, they are working on this issue to get it done by 2018. there was an issue once with housekeeping, but they apologized for this unintended mistake.

there is a health club in 6th floor, with a swimming pool (max. depth 2.3m), a gym (nicely equipped), sauna, steam, and jacuzzi, all well performing. a Moroccan bath, massage, and a barber are also available on site.

Guest have to come down to lobby for collecting outside food delivery?!!!!!! 2 bottles of water per day only for 2 adults and a 4 month boy?!!!!!! And finally room service cleaning rooms and leaving without putting fresh towels for 2 days?!!!!!!!

• Deluxe Twin Room

Swimming pool closed without prior notice, and when available the water was dirty and smelly, Food at Restaurant not attractive, after making up the room most of the essential eminities (even toilet role) were absent. Welcoming Staff but inside totally unhappy. Front entrance revolving door was completely unsafe, also without the helping staff and the side doors are locked. Room carpet not clean have some big unpleasant spots. The newspaper was on the door but in different language then ours, unfortunately.

Location and the access to the Premises, it's well designed, is new and is therefore clean. Health club, its staff, it's Indoor swimming pool, Valet parking, staff behavior, and every day evening inroom fruits serving was fascinating.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The rooms shown in picture are too spacious and I was given a room not even half the size of this room.

The only good thing is the location otherwise pretty average hotel.

The whole hotel experience was great, from the very helpful staff to the great location right in front of Dhahran Mall. Also I arrived early than the time of check-in and they let me check-in 2 and a half hours early without extra fees. I'll definitely want to come again, but I'll wait for a discount on Booking.

Old furniture with bad smell, the bed is uncomfortable, the underground parking is always full and is shared with the other surrounding building. We asked for a non - smoking room and we got smoked room. Security is at the front gate only and you can access the hotel from the underground parking without security. The speed of the wireless is very slow. The swimming pool is open to customers from outside the hotel and does not apply the health standards Do not deserve five stars and the hotel must be fully renewed

The staff are wonderful

I came back the same night of check out and requested the guy at reception to show me Business Class Suite, because i have frequent visits from South Korea, as i am working in Korean company and will book suite in your hotel for senior staff, instead other hotels. But he refuse to cooperate and said my hotel is fully booked and i cant show you the rooms. I check on booking.com yesterday, there were plenty of rooms vacant. :-( but he refuse to show us suite and Business rooms. Rest all was perfect and we enjoy our short stay at Coral.

Yes I like everything, Bed & Breakfast

Parking is a pit of an issue. Housekeeping comes late (4pm)!!! House keeping does not bring clothes from the laundry, I have to call to get them. Housekeeping does not refill the minibar. Security check is too noisy, security staff should ask ppl to take everything out of their pocket before passing. I was staying at the 6th floor, and I can hear the alarm!!

Friendly staff,

The bathroom water was not cold and the room was not of a five star standard

Breakfast was delicious and varied and the health club included various facilities

staff at front desk when make check-in , really I wish to give them awarded gift or certificate, nor that I arrived early than time but they give me key for room, over all excellent from time I enter till I left

The cleaness and staff need improvement. This includes the security staff and the car park boy. The room service staff has to be trained on how to speak with the residents gentely. They showed poor communication skills and unsophisticated language.

Room furniture is old Housekeeping not cleaning the room well Very bad room style Dirty furniture Reception team not cooperative Hot drinks quality is bad in breakfast time This is not five stars hotel ,should be 3 stars maximum

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Not much to dislike. Good experience here.

The breakfast is simply superb here. I picked it because of the breakfast. Good variety of food, including fresh juice and fresh fruits. Simply excellent breakfast here. They also have a Jacuzzi which I used on my last visit and swimming pool as well as a Gym. Definitely worth a visit. Very late check out as well here (4pm - Perfect). Enough English channels on the TV.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

1- in area of breakfast ,there's a lot of Fly's ,sometimes drop in the food 2- reception staff ,I asked for late check out and everyone give me time started from 2PM to 3:45 PM and I told them that my booking type give me late check out property but they treat me as other types of booking

Quite,clean

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Staff very uncooperative and not so nice the room was not so clean and the sheets as well I'm actually shocked with everything

Location was near by most of the entertainment places like malls & shops & restaurants

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

The location, the impoliteness of the staff , bad food at the buffet, very overpriced for nothing , i had a problem with my room phone and i was told it would be fixed which it didn't , no room service menu and when I ordered food from a restaurant near by on of the employees yelled at me amd was very disrespectful

Absolutely nothing this was by far the worst hotel i stayed in

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

...nothing...everything is great...

So thankful, I booked a Deluxe Room and was upgraded to Executive Suite upon check-in. Amazing lobby. Comfy bed, elegant room. Even though my room was beside the main road i can't even hear a single sound of a car. So abundant water in shower, water heater working so well. Very spacious room, with view. Got a higher floor as requested staff were so nice and effective. And the breakfast is so good, buttered croissant is a special mention. Awesome temperature controlled swimming pool. Definitely a 5 star. Worth recommending to all my family and friends...Thank you Coral Hotel and see you soon.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Grand Suite

1. Receptionists were good and professional except one night duty receptionist called Mahboob was the worst ever. He was bargaining me for SR25.00 for extra blanket at 1:30 am.. Believe it or not 2. The room was extremely smells bad 3. Insects were seen in the room

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• Grand Suite

1- Service is very slow 2-No Towels in the Pool and the guy there keeps them in a secret place that you have to fight to get them. 2- In checkout, the guy checking the room told the receptionist the total amount is 120, 80, ohhh 50 SAR for the room Bar contents. I told them that we didn't open it she told me OK it's a mistake. This is normally happens in the very low Hotels to take money from you while you don't know what kids open and take. I don't recommend this Hotel at all.

Room Size

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Executive Suite

The rooms could benefit with a little more "warmth" to their decor . A bit stark !

The hotel was beautifully decorated . It was lovely to have an Executive Suite with a huge bathroom .

No parking Staff was not ok

• Deluxe Twin Room

I struggled to connect to WiFi and finally when i connected the connection was not stable at all.

none

the swimming pool was very clean jacuzzi was great steam bath was great overall was outstanding job well done

• Grand Suite

The photos of the room in booking.com Does. It represents the reality

The price was good.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Lack of customer service, not sure how it is rated as a 5 stars hotel..

Best fitness center at a hotel

Housekeeping didn’t bring me wha. They never answer my call afterwards.

The hospitality of the receptionist. They were so kind, friendly and smiling.

Rude receptionists. Old furniture. It doesnt look like any 5 starts hotel at all.

-When i order from outside resurant, hotel did not bring your order to your room, they ask you to come down !! -No enough car parking

Nice room

Nice ambiance

• Family Suite

The power went off 3 time and the staff didnt know what to do!

Check-in was awful. It took nearly 30 min. Depressing decor.

Service very poorly

Location only

It’s almost 3 stars , the facility is OLD and there’t TV channels can watch it

Car park was totally jammed as usual.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The one and only best hotel in Saudi Arabia for me in terms of hospitality, service, mannerism, breakfast, food.

Clean and comfortable

Personnal at breakfast, they asked me the number of my room before I sat down, before I ate something..

Good services and nice room

location and rooms

Furniture ,TV ,Bed

Furniture, mattress sleep and boiled eggs were overly cooked.

Receptionist who communicated with me.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Enjoy the hotel location it’s near of everything

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Executive Suite

Very noisy at this time because of renovation in first floor from 9am-3pm

the fridge is not functioning

i like their croissant and the dine in-room food

Does not look like 5 star.no toiletries no slippers

Staff helpful

Management and staff

every thing

Noisy

Good location. Flexible check out time

Old modernist design.

The breakfast was pretty good.

10/10

It was excellent experience ! 10/10

It's old

Staff

Nothing , everything was very good

Stuff are very polite and helpful Many thanks for al

Difficulties in finding the parking

Good Location

• Grand Suite

Nothing, we stayed only one night.

Great reception, quick check in and friendly staff. Very good breakfast

It was over night check in and I had to wait more than 30 min to get in my room .

Quite place , great location

none during our stay

Friendly staff ; facilities like indoor pool ; sauna ; jacuzzi ; gym

Old furniture

Quite and friendly staff

House Keeping came too late

Reception Staff

Waiting for long time at the check in . High rates of lunch and dinner.

Browse Coral Al Khobar Hotel traveller photo gallery