Reviews of InterContinental Jeddah 5 stars

Corniche Al Hamra, Al Hamra, 21000 Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

#79 of 450 hotels in Jeddah

Early check-out due to fathers death & penalty from Intercon hotel... -ive memorable experience.
    • Deluxe Room

My father expired during my stay & I cancelled my booking & I am fined for early check-out. So Pathetic by IHG hotel (A big name Intercontinental becomes so mean & small to me). They told me it's policy of hotel. I informed booking.com they said we cannot do anything, how mean booking.com (by the way I am their very loyal customer). To both Hotel & booking.com - let me know if you need some more money. I will not forget this terrible experience all my life.

Nothing this time.

Coffee waa too bad i have never heard of the brand.
    • Deluxe King Room with Fountain View

Coffee waa too bad i have never heard of the brand. Staff were so polite at tea garden restaurant and room services. Mr yassin is someone who is so professional and welcomed us greatly

• Deluxe Room

Overall the room was very clean. Few things that bothered me were when I went to take a shower there was hair on the rims of the bath tub. Also when you use the complimentary tea and coffee, the sugar and and sweetener were not refilled the following day. I had to ask for refills.

Many restaurants are walking distance away. Very close to the seaside, where you can see the largest water fountain in the world. Friendly staff always smiling and greeting guests

• Deluxe Room

I did my reservation for 3 days and for unfortunate secumstances I left at 1:30pm in the second day they deducted the money for the 3rd night 750 sr

No break fast included in the package
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Food serving dont have the right variety...very less content of food is served against order...its not a value for money

No break fast included in the package

A fairly good experience
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

In late night, I asked for extra water in reply the guy told me you are entitled for two bottles and we already provided 4... when I told him that usually in a five star hotel, whenever I asked for extra water there was no such comments made, on listening to that he then provided me with what I want... hotel structure is also old, though it is clean... Breakfast menu is also very limited..

The hotel location and reception's staff.. quantity of inroom served food

Disgusting strategy to rip you off!
    • Deluxe Room

The balcony was not clean. It has no light so you couldn’t go out when gets dark. However, my main catastrophe with this hotel is the booking arrangement! I booked using booking.com a room for 7 nights for 1 adult and 2 children. I assumed this is enough information that I need a family room. My request also indicated that this booking is including breakfast! However, at the end of my stay while i was checking out, they informed me that my booking was for a single room and that I should pay for the stay and breakfast for my two children. How disappointing and crazy! They would not let me checkout until i paid it. They said get your money back from booking! When i contacted booking, they said the hotel should charge you for your children stay and breakfast! Disgusting strategy to rip you off!!!

The property is nice, food is good, cleanliness is good. Basics of living are well in this hotel!

Nice staff though not the cleverest so check your bill. Nice hotel but strong perfume smell.
    • Deluxe Room

The hotel uses a very overpoweringly strong perfume throughout as they say Arabs love the smell. Even the staff admit it is too strong.

Lots of fast food places nearby

All in all I had a very comfortable stay
    • King Club Intercontinental with Lounge Access

The one thing I don’t like is the bathroom as it doesn’t seem to have an extractor fan and also the smell in the bathroom not to nice

I always stay at the intercontinental when I’m in Jeddah... the hotel is very clean rooms very comfortable and staff are amazing... I book the executive lounge and food is very nice there and it’s very relaxing...

Rude reception managemnet and staff
    • Deluxe Room

receptionists Omar and his boss they were unsupportive and rode the customer

delicious food, good restaurant staff but unsupportive and rode receptionist especially Omar and his boss Abdurrahman

The staff
    • Deluxe Room

They did not change the bed The balcon was not clean The washing way in the path room The food is so costy

The staff The room size The bed size Tasty food Free coffee bar

just take care of the balconies in the rooms and this hotel will deserve a 10!
    • Deluxe Room

- balcony is super dirty (basically never been cleaned before, with all kind of dirt and pigeon wastes), also no chairs in the balcony. - in the breakfast dining hall, i was asked to change clothes since the "shorts" is not allowed! which was bizarre and unjustifiable. never seen a dress code policy for BREAKFAST early in the morning in all hotels i've been to all over the world.

- good hospitality and service. - helpful and caring staff. - amazing ambiant lights in the entrance and inside roads and decor, really looks luxurious. - location is perfect, easy entrance, all kind of restaurants and services nearby. next to the corniche. - room decor is pretty good. TV has multiple channels. wifi is high speed. bed is comfy. - since the hotel is not so big, easy access to elevators, valet, available parkings and less noisy than it should be in usual 5 star hotels.

Good for business BUT not for leisure
    • Deluxe King Room with Fountain View

Big negative point that will make me not to choose it in the future that There is no female spa and no swimming pool for female . Other small issues: Room light was not enough and some lamps not working. expensive breakfast around 43 US dollar . Some Delay in check out process .

Coffee machine , mini bar , fountin veiw Balcony. Checkout 15:00 . Free arabic coffee and date in the lobby.

Hotel for business travel only
    • King Club Intercontinental with Lounge Access

Price, very expensive.

Cleanness, comfortable, strong WiFi, delicious food, and friendly staff. Also, perfect location on Corniche road near Jeddah' fountain and near Palestine road.

New level of experience

-None.

-Reception staff: I was very glad to see professional Saudi staff in the reception. they have the needful level of professionalism to treat guests well. 10/10 . thanks Abdullah and the rest of reception team. -Location: right on Alhamra beach and the staff was generous enough to offer me sea view room. there is plenty of restaurants around the place ( Egyptian - Turkish - American - Italian - and traditional restaurants). alJamjoom mall is 10 minutes on foot or 3 minutes by car. - facilities: we had an event and we used 360 hall. it is spacious with high roof. the only thing need some attention is the air-conditioning and i missed American coffee on the table. good pool and nice gym for men and ladies separately. - Inside restaurants : I enjoyed business lunch in spears restaurants with variety of grilled dishes. i also enjoyed dinner on Alfardous restaurant. thanks to Mr. Tufail for arrangements. - I also need to mention high quality people in concierge and valet services. they were very helpful and active. - I believe there is a great management team behind all that.

I liked the location of the hotel was great view by the sea...
    • Deluxe King Room with Fountain View

The drop off place it's tight and could easily get crowd with a few car ,so I had to park my car at the parking which is a bit far and I had to drag my luggage all the way from there to the reciption I had an issue when I was at the reciption while I was checking in ,but was solved and only miss understanding There is a balacony which was amazing view but very bad that I couldn't open the door no idea why ,but seems to me it's locked or I didn't know how to Last thing the internet was good and the check out was so smoothly

I liked the location of the hotel was great view by the sea and the faountain

Fantastic for families!
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Nice, and really good for families. There is a children section, where all of the children could find any fun, and the parents has possibility for a coffee, or tee in calm. There is a fitness club, and also lady fitness. The restaurant is very good, and tasty. Important to take long trouser, not only short. :) Room is clean, and nice. The service, and the staff really nice and helpful, every time smiling.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Ok stay, was expecting more value for money paid
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

I ordered a blanket and pillow on the first night. I called twice and my request was ignored. They brought it the second night. Sometimes it would take some time for the valet to be available to bring the car. During checkout, there was only one person handing both check in and check out. 10 minutes later someone came to assist. The secondary blanket in the room was all stained, it wasn't just one or two there were quite abbot of stains. I was actually surprised how they left it in the room.

Location is great, very comfortable, just some unfortunate incidents.

Good experience
    • Deluxe Room

Health club work time is not sufficient No chairs on the palcon

I went their with my three small kids , swimming pool was the most preferred facility and it was a kids club

Overpriced in my opinion
    • Deluxe Room

487SAR for a dinner buffet for my wife and I.

When checking in the gentleman at the front desk was absolutely fantastic, I only wish I remembered his name.

Overall pleasant experience ..much better than their Mecca location.
    • Deluxe Room

Slow service at the omelette bar. 10 + minutes for a waffle. No system for first come service.

Very attentive waiters. Good variety of choices. The gym is amazing and open 24/7. Only disappointment was that the Jacuzzi was lukewarm without any temperature control.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Desperately needs updating
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Decor is gaudy. Facilities need updating. Gym is old and antiquated. Substandard compared with other Intercontinental's I've stayed at.

Good location.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Good stay overall
    • Deluxe King Room with Fountain View

Service in the Fish Market restaurant was poor. Some of the waiters spoke poor Arabic and English and had no experience.

The bed very comfortable and the fountain view was excellent

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

In general it was a good stay, employees are very helpful

Balcony is dirty

The bed and pillow extra comfy

Excellent hotel
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

It was short stay but it was great and very comfortable

Very good hotel

Very good hotel

Good location with very friendly staff

Bathroom was leaking

Location, Staff

the bed is comfortable
    • Deluxe Room

the AC is not distributed will

the bed is comfortable very clean

Staff

Noise

Staff

Was amazing
    • Deluxe Room

Swimming pool need small maintenance

A bit old.

A bit old. Needs revamping

Overall disappointing.

Overall disappointing.. Bad lighting Poor cleaning

Room size

I would return and tell my friends
    • Deluxe Room

The staff at the reception were very professional

Did not get the room I reserved,

Did not get the room I reserved,

the most expensive hotel i've ever stayed (had to)

prices are really high.

internet connection

The beds were comfy and the breakfast was great
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The pillows were uncomfortable and the balcony was not very usable.

The beds were comfy and the breakfast was great

Excellent services staff at restaurant and room services
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Had to pay $300 more per night for the room while hotel was empty and I am Platinum IHG Customer!

Excellent breakfast and great staff

Very comfortable well-appointed hotel with particularly...
    • Deluxe Room

Breakfast was very good but way overpriced.

Very comfortable well-appointed hotel with particularly helpful and friendly staff.

Everything is excellent

friendliness of the staff.
    • Executive Club Room with Sea View and Lounge Access

friendliness of the staff... perfekt. Quality of the food at the lounge... absolutly perfekt. Special thanks to Mr. Benedict!!!

It was a memorable beautiful stay

It was a memorable beautiful stay

Room food service is bad quality , expensive , small portion

Room food service is bad quality , expensive , small portion

Amazing hotel and great service

The balcony is fantastic

Little bit expensive

The balcony is fantastic

I would like to thank reception employees;
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

I would like to thank reception employees; specially Mohammed Abdulbagi for their outstanding support.

Awesome
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The outstanding surves of staff and their friendliness

Great stay
    • Deluxe Room

Staff were very friendly especially in the reception. Room was very clean and comfortable

Staff hospitality and cleanliness

Toilet is very bad

Staff hospitality and cleanliness

Very good experience
    • Deluxe King Room with Fountain View

Room was relatively small, AC was smelly

Location, staff, facilities and breakfast was very good

Good food
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The beds are not comfortable as before

Good food

Everything was clean and tidy staff was very friendly.
    • Deluxe King Room with Fountain View

It didn't have water hose for the toilet.

Everything was clean and tidy staff was very friendly.

I like and have been a constant customer of Intercontinental...
    • Deluxe Room

I like and have been a constant customer of Intercontinental hotels and resorts worldwide

Very good place to stay

Nice place to stay

The staff were very rude

The staff were very rude

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

There were better alternatives
    • Deluxe Room

Prices were ways above average: room, mini bar, room service

Clean room, good location, good wifi, quite room available

Restaurants

WI-FI

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

I like it
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

I like how friendly were the staff there as everybody was very helpful I love the French press 👍🏻

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Best hotel in the area

needs to be more clean since it's a 5 stars hote

One of the best hotels in Jeddah, location is perfect

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Hotel need major renovations
    • Deluxe Room

Hotel need major renovations Hotel is old Furniture need replacement Breakfast rate is too expensive Rate of the room is for modern hotels

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

everything, the location is perfect

everything, the location is perfect

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Cleaness , location view
    • Deluxe King Room with Fountain View

Comfort bed , breakfast variety and quality .

Cleaness , location view

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

I like it

Expensive

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Good.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Bed wasn't comfortable. The booked / opted room wasn't allocated.

Good in general.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Miss leading upgrade
    • Deluxe Room

Upgrade my booking to club room with no access to the club lounge

Quick check in

restaurants

Super cleanliness

Super cleanliness

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Electrical switches , we could not turn on the light in the...
    • Deluxe King Room with Fountain View

Electrical switches , we could not turn on the light in the bathroom without turning all lights on

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

nice hotel
    • Deluxe Room

they should revise their prices

everything was nice

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Fantastic bed
    • Deluxe King Room with Fountain View

Breakfast & swimming pool needs improvement

Everything was nice

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Very Nice beds
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Facility was bit old but very well maintained.

Very Nice beds