Reviews of Mövenpick Hotel Al Khobar 5 stars

Prince Turki St., Al Yarmouk, 31952 Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia

#28 of 183 hotels in Al Khobar

The Egyptian manager at the reception very welcoming, nice...
    • Premium Double Room

The Egyptian manager at the reception very welcoming, nice room with free upgrad wow what els you could looking for, it was my first time and for sure not the last

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

I really like the place we stayed i really do recommend the hotel to my freinds...
    • Family Room

The housekeeping during our stay was not cooperative..since we arrived in our room in the afternoon we requested already bedroom slippers until in the evening when we arrived from outside, no bedroom slippers were delivered and we called the housekeeping many times..only around pass 11 pm a when they delivered the slippers..even the housekeeping people who answered the phone were not cooperative, it took a long while to wait for the delivery of the slippers.. if my daughter did not get angry with them maybe they did not the slippers...in the first place it was registered in the hotel system that it was a family of 6 persons checked in..also the lights in our room went on and off because of the check in card for two times, anyhow the card was replaced

The view from our room to the corniche/sea is astonishing or beautiful..

I will not stay once again in movenpick
    • Deluxe Double Room

Swimming pool is not working during my three days vocation. I have just slept. There is one reception guy in the hotel. he is unkind and far away from 5 star hotel personel.

We like Just only restuarants which is located 12th floor but breakfast is expensive.

Excellent service and staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Break fast not made well, especially the Hash browns.

Excellent service and staff. from reception to the restaurant. clean, big rooms with all amenities already provided.

Friendly staff (Salam checked us in and he is extremely...
    • Family Room

Friendly staff (Salam checked us in and he is extremely cordial and professional.) Excellent brunch buffet. Wonderful rooms with a nice view of the Gulf. 12th floor breakfast is also excellent.

it was nice but not to my expectation
    • Deluxe Double Room

I can be too negative by saying: you'll be surprised how they're innovative in disappointing you, but I think that most of the staff did their job to the best of their skills & knowledge, except they lack standards, it's a multi national staff so Indian provides what he thinks a 5 stars hotel should be like, saudi does the same according to what he thinks, & so does African ... for instance I had a discussion with an indian guy there and according to him: black coffee is an american coffee without milk ... this is just an example. What made it worse is that their black coffee appeared to be almost Nescafe not a fresh black coffee ... I think they call it movenpick premium coffee or something like that.

Facility is good, spaces are good compared to the price

Nice, I will come back again.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Not having a Separate toilet hose instead of the separate toilet to wash. The air conditioner was a bit hot during the night, other than that it was a joyful stay.

the location, the quietness, the classiness

Magnificent rooms, very comfortable
    • Deluxe Double Room

Service could be better for a Swiss venue. Breakfast buffet on the top floor looks big but could be more efficient with options. Entire breakfast area smells quite intense (so do you after you finish)..

Rooms are huge and very clean and nicely decorated!

They did not find me connected rooms and put me in a smoker...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

They did not find me connected rooms and put me in a smoker room due to that yet others found that easily and i spent a hour in resption for that Also i paid for breakfast yet when i arrived they asked me to pay in cash or leave that was not appropriate at all!!!!

Good option
    • Deluxe Double Room

They have a persesting issue with calls, you cant reach 0. Dialing but no answer. Happened before and happinig again. I tried to reach them when the fire alarm went off, but in vain. Room service, answers on first ring :)

Room is excellent 360

Great Experience 👍
    • Deluxe Twin Room

There is no water hose next to the toilet seat , which surprised me , because in this country it is usually a must .

I loved the room size and the light colors of the furniture. The bathroom design , size and arrangement was perfect .

The room is quite spacious
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The security check at the entrance is meaningless and the guard was not qualified. I stayed in the second floor and the maintenance people came to the equipments area which my room is facing without out giving a notice which is very disturbing. The hotel manager reaction to my comment was disappointed. The room card did not work properly which made the electricity cutting off all the time.

The room is quite spacious

Nice stay
    • Deluxe Double Room

The staff were helpful & professionals .The room was great & everything was nice ,clean & well organized . This hotel convince you to come back again & again.

Staff, location and the bed matrix was good .
    • Deluxe Double Room

The showers water wasn’t hot, no enough bell boy to serve everyone and the valte not available all the time.

Staff, location and the bed matrix was good . Easy checking-in and clean rooms

Nice hotel, good location
    • Family Room

Bathtube and toilet not working perfectly, could not poor out water from bath, only one of two flashalternatives work for toilet

Nice hotel, good location

First time in a Movenpick, and I’m back there tomorrow. I love it!

Perfect

One of the best hotels, actually the best I’ve stayed in KSA. Small property but makes you feel home, quick service, excellent gym, super fancy room, and food is incredible. What more can you ask for?

Good business stay at a very convenient hotel in Khobar.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Rooms very spacious and clean. Good food/dining options available. Their Sushi Chef is just great, top quality food! Top floor lounge and breakfast area very pleasant.

When i arrived around 3 p.
    • Deluxe Double Room

When i arrived around 3 p.m my room wasn't ready . So, after i wait for few minutes they offered upgrade room for extra money around SR. 460 but when i refused they gave me a different type of room and it had bad smell . I called reception and they changed it to the type i booked (which is good)

I like the location it's close to the Imam Abdulrahman...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

I like the location it's close to the Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University, easy to be find by the Uber and Careem cars, friendly staff and i like most the Arabic Coffe in the lobby ;)

Classic one day stay
    • Deluxe Double Room

You need a car to get to anywhere as no supermarket or parks are in the location The price is little bit high

The hotel is clean, classic and nice The room is super clean and specious The staff r friendly Partially view on the sea

Great Stay
    • Deluxe Double Room

Clean room, comfort bedding and nice bathroom. Staff were nice and helpful. Requested early check in and all was arranged and ready at my arrival. Enjoyed the stay overall

Comfortable, quiet room, but Spa and gym only for men! Nothing for the ladies!
    • Deluxe Double Room

I booked a transportation through the concerige, only not to find it arranged at the desired time! Reception managed to find me a ride but that was a huge mistake what if they didn’t find me a car on time, I would have missed my flight!

Good welcoming team

The worst hotel experience I've ever endured in my life. Never happening again.

I disliked everything. Especially the horrible service and reception. Zero profissionalism, zero hospitality. The workers didn't speak neither Arabic nor English, so basically there was no way of communication with them. The reception or whomever was answering calls from rooms were rude and very unprofessional asking us to wait on the line or call again because they were handling other guests at the desk. As for the supposedly extra bed that costs 100 SAR per night was horrible. First the bed took one and a half hour to get to the room. Then it came with no sheets nor blankets just a plain ugly and very stiff and squeaky mattress, when we asked the worker that brought it to bring some, he said it will at least take him ten minutes to get back. Was I supposed to sleep on that thing they called extra bed that costs 100 SAR? So we had to ask him to take it back. The next morning we went to a different hotel right away. Through all my traveling experiences in my life which is a lot, this has been the worst hotel experiences I've ever had to endure. How could they even call that hotel a Movenpick hotel? Or a 4.5 stars for that matter. Never happening again.

I liked nothing except the location is fairly close to everything on the beachside.

Average 5 star hotel, good service , clean

Wifi has poor coverage and below average speed Goodbye was not 5 star manner

Location is good and handy . Comfortable atmosphere and lively lobby Nice staff Relatively Spacious room in compare to other 5star hotel in the region

Clean and comfy
    • Deluxe Double Room

No shataf in the toilet which was a shock for me giving that it's a must for any hotel in Saudi Arabia.

The hotel is clean and elegant and they pay so much attention to details that make your stay a bit more enjoyable.

It's not bad.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I wait for 3 hours to change my room. ac conditioner is not working good, the room is hot. They send a technician to fix twice, the technician takes 20 minutes for each visit.

Breakfast, veiw

Not like before !!
    • Deluxe Double Room

1- When i arrived there was no one to help me with the luggage. So I had to grab my luggage my self then wait at the counter to check in. 2- The inner security check point at the hotel entrance wasn't good. if you leave the lobby to your car and come back you must go through the check device which wasn't pleasant for me as a hotel guest. I think it should be only for hotel's visitors or strangers. 3- Usually there's a plate of fruit as welcoming to the hotel guest this time they didn't put it in the room. 4- My room this time was next to elevators which I didn't like. There was some noise from the elevators and I found a long hair in the clean towel plus in the shower the water can't drain. so I asked to change the room then they gave me a room " next to the elevator " but in different floor. 5- I was shocked when i ordered a dinner from a famous restaurant in Khobar but they refuse to let the delivery man bring the food to my room. So i had to go to the lobby and get the dinner my self. When I asked them why did you prevent him from delivering the food to my room the answer was " hotel policy " which no one told me about.

Very pad hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

The towel in the path was used and wet,some towel was thrown under the path counter to be Heiden The complementary water was used ( half full) I informed the staff but no action was taken

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

In love with the hotel atmosphere
    • Deluxe Double Room

in the toilet no water pipe for washing شطاف (not sure if all hotels in the area has the same thing)

I liked everything the staff are welcoming and helpful, the room atmosphere is very nice. I will recommend this hotel to friends.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Happy, relaxed and content.. I would consider this hotel for my next visit to Al Khobar
    • Deluxe Double Room

If the new staff was more trained... The qibla pointer was to tiny to recognise on the ciling..

Most of all the politeness, help and support of the staff starting of the hotel manager to the labour. Welcoming coffee and the beauty of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Very nice hotel and recommended - Excellent customer service
    • Deluxe Double Room

I booked via booking.com and in the request to hotel form I requested airport pick up. They didn't contact me and I had to call to ask this to be done. They resolved well when I discussed at the hotel and I was offered complementary transport back to the Airport. The beds are very soft, which isn't to my liking and once again this was resolved by the floor manager by changing the mattress. Temperature can only be controlled in the room by about 2c up or down from a preset. They can change that but an engineer has to come the room to reset something in the roof. But again this was not an issue as they changes it for me with no issues

The staff did everything to resolve the few issues that I had to my complete satisfaction. They went the extra mile and it was very much appreciated. Rooms are excellent and the desks are great for working. The 5th floor manager is probably the best customer service focused person I have come across for some time, nothing was too much trouble. Food is excellent quality and many choices in the buffet. All in all a very nice hotel and far better quality than the other local offerings in my opinion. I can only sum up by saying highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

I just like the location and the hot welcome from the staff
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The room was very dirty especially the curtains the A/C was not could the room was different than the picture

I just like the location and the hot welcome from the staff

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Nice and clean
    • Deluxe Double Room

Check in was slow, only two out of three rooms booked, toiletries were what you expect at holiday-inn not at a hotel with this star rating and cost.

Nice and clean

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

no maintance, over price
    • Deluxe Twin Room

I stayed for one night. water was very hot on both cold and hot options on the bathroom. I left without being able to take a shower which really made my day. its seems they are careless in doing maintenance.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Great design hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

Room lighting fixtures can be improved.

Fantastic location hotel. I also think that this is one of the best exterior desined hotel in the entire region. Great experience all-around.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

the location was great and quiet but you need a car to get...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

the check in was late, it was aproximately at 3 pm and we arrived at 2 pm. while we waited they didn't give us free drinks, it was only Arabic Coffee and that was for everybody. The bed wasn't comfortable because one side was not at the same level as the other one.

the location was great and quiet but you need a car to get to downtown. the staff were friendly. The room furniture were great. The bathroom was clean and it has a shower and a bath.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Clean room, good staff, nice lobby, I like the gym and pool,...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast: the same kind everyday with limit food and no moor chance to eat more. Some day when we set in lobby with my friend to drink our coffee and waiting our car the Egyptian staff who working with reception staff came to us and said please go out from here due there is family will come to set here!!! His style was bad in speech because if family paid to set also we are paid the same, therefore we go out and back after 5 minutes and nobody set at the same place!!!! (He liar). And i think should remove the sea view from the details of hotel, where is the sea, just you see the blue color only!

Clean room, good staff, nice lobby, I like the gym and pool, and there is one staff of reception his name is Salam he was nice guy with good experience in his job, also the guy of Arabic coffee in lobby was nice employee and i love his Arabic coffee,

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Befour checking out usually in all the countries they gave...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Befour checking out usually in all the countries they gave you latechkout but in this hotel it's new policy they told me you should leave at 12 noon sharp.. in this situation the flexibility should be in

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Excellent Stay
    • Deluxe Double Room

No one seems to answer the phone promptly, or call back in response to a missed call like in other hotels.

Bed was comfy, bell men were very nice and helpful, security were very friendly

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Quick visit in the right place
    • Deluxe Double Room

price are little bit high - food remaining the same from taste and variety

Privacy and quietness - staff are very cooperative with high level of training

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Superhotel and ideal location
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Only the in room breakfast was ok rest was perfect

The lobby the room were excellent neat and clean very elegant .it was a very pleasant and comfortable stay

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

The View restaurant has a view
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Had requested two single beds but was not available at our check in, pipe dripping in bathroom, room isn't soundproof

Location is good; the breakfast was nice with a very helpful and cheerful staff

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Staff was very supprtive and clean .
    • Deluxe Double Room

Aircomdioning controler in business room was an issue , rooms were very cold . But Mr. Hilal and Mr. Homam were helping alot to make us satsfied , they reflect excellant emage for good management and service, thanks Hilal and Homam

Staff was very supprtive and clean .

Okay
    • Deluxe Double Room

My room had a connection door, which deliver the next room noise. There us no sound isolation between rooms.

the smell and bathroom personal care items.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Good place with excellent managment
    • Deluxe Double Room

prices in general ( room charge - food - spa ) I think its can be possible to be less -level of cleanness in the second floor rooms - quantity of food Varity is questionable - spa service quality need to revaluated - the room walls need to be supported with soundproof system since its very easy sometime to hear you neighbor which is uncomfortable especially for newly married couple , I am very confidant the management will seek a solution for that matter

flexible front desk employee Mr.salim he is very nice and helpful , great management since there are serious with every point that might come out for any guest mouth , I feel the difference between last 2 visit , quality of food and services was outstanding , staff in general was smooth and cooperative

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Great food, average service.
    • Premium Double Room

Lousy service. I waited outside the hotel (in a hotel car) with no bell boy to take my luggage! Decided to carry it in myself - was not until I got near the lift that someone offered for the first time!

Excellent food... sushi great and the ground floor buffet was very good...

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

*Friendly Staff

*I had to wait so long on reception for check in because there was only one receptionist and multiple guests. *The long wait for elevators, especially when you are carrying stuff. *The view wasn't so pleasant for my room. *I had very hard time opening my room door. *There was only one large towel in the bathroom.

*Friendly Staff *Available Car Parking *Cleanness *Overall nice and quiet stay.

The gym and swimming pool
    • Deluxe Double Room

The towels was not clean and found some hairs in it. The room service was late and did not as requested

The gym and swimming pool

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Perfect stay in Khobar

Location and welcoming staff

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Staff is friendly

There is no hot water

Staff is friendly

It was a very enjoyable stay
    • Deluxe Double Room

The duty of reception is to explain to the guest where the restaurants, the gym and the pool

Every thing was great

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Try not to stay at this hotel
    • Executive Suite

Not enough staff not clean room no assistance with your car or your baggage

They need to be like other international hotel

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

worth the money

reception could be better

spacious & clean room. location is excellent. body work & spa area were just perfect

The quality of food In the breakfast is not up to 5 star...
    • Premium Double Room

The quality of food In the breakfast is not up to 5 star hotel No water hose in the washroom

Easy access location quiet area

Great place

Clean and comfortable

Quiet and location
    • Deluxe Double Room

Staff are not friendly, specially in the reception

Quiet and location

I enjoyed the time at the property
    • Deluxe Double Room

On the bath, there is no water hose for cleaning as its regular in Saudi

I enjoyed the time at the property

the bathroom's hose was not installed.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

the bathroom's hose was not installed.

a stay to remember
    • Deluxe Double Room

I liked almost everything in the hotel. I truly enjoyed my stay for 3 days which boosted my honeymoon pleasure. I would come here again.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The bathrooms need a hoz.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The bathrooms need a hoz. To go to the wedding hall we have to go out side and walk

Breakfast, and view.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Swimming pool wasn't open it was under maintance.

Breakfast, and view.

room very clean .
    • Deluxe Double Room

room very clean ..staff very kindly

Clean nice rooms!

Clean nice rooms!

Facilities in the hotel

Nice and clean hotel
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Not worth its high price

Cleanness

Wonderful receptionist Mr Saeed
    • Deluxe Double Room

Clean and the staff are friendly and helpful

Air conditioning very bad front desk stuff they don't...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Air conditioning very bad front desk stuff they don't help

Consistently great
    • Deluxe Double Room

Facilities, location, breakfast, security etc.

very comfort