Reviews of Åkerblads Hotell Gästgiveri Spa 4 stars

Sjögattu 2, 793 70 Tällberg, Sweden

#1 of 8 hotels in Tällberg

• Double Room Chamber Main Building

Food was expensive and bland. Small portions. Slow staff not too quick on service. But as a business visitor I was not the typical guest. Most guests were small groups or couples. Most staff should notice this as I am sitting on my own. 15 minutes to get even s glass of water? My grandfather would chuck a faint if it was last orders.

Location close to Siljan a great place to swim after work.

• Double Room - Separate Building

Dinner that was disappointing -- not so much the food but the waiters were a bit surly. Had coffee to end the meal and when I requested milk and sugar, none was forthcoming. My coffee grew cold and when I requested it once again, was told curtly that I could find both in the other room. I was stunned and surprised as it did not reflect what we'd come to understand as friendly and helpful staff.

The location was idyllic. One could revel in the beauty of the surroundings, enjoying the utter peace and quiet -- perfect for rest and renewal. The front office staff was kind, thoughtful and very helpful. I came to Dalarna to see where my grandfather was born and raised and it was every bit as beautiful as I'd imagined.

• Double Room Chamber Main Building

We enjoyed our stay at Åkerblads Hotell Gästgiveri in Tallberg. It was a nice, vintage hotel with a spa. The pool was a hit with my 3 yr old niece and the massage was a hit with my 75 yr old mother. I enjoyed the massage too and the breakfast buffet was definitely a highlight. We were there during the off season so there wasn't much going on but it was beautiful and peaceful.

• Double Room Chamber Main Building

The dinner was a disappointment. The fish dish did not taste much unfortunately There were no croissanta for breakfast.

Comfortable beds, nice environment, cozy

This is one of my favorite hotels! I absolutely enjoy the pure Swedish feel it has. The staff is lovely. The dining experience is fantastic. The chef is wonderfully talented. I visited this hotel 3 years ago and I could not wait to get back. This time I brought my brother and his family. My 15 year old nephews really enjoyed their time there. Oh, and the spa is nicely appointed.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Junior Suite Main Building

Few points as I work in the training side of this trade: With the cost of this establishment, I would expect Reception Staff to be a little more welcoming upon arrival, and if I require a reservation in the Restaurant after a 350 mile drive, they should make it. To be told, you need to go and make your own reservation, the have to wait 5 minutes to be attended to? Some work needed here I think. Also, Restaurant is overpriced in my view for what you receive in your plate. Be advised as well, that the pictures of suites on offer, really should have the addition that what is displayed may not quite be what you get. Reception were quite indignant with me when I questioned the variance in the size and appearance of the suites we booked.

Ideal location for exploring the local area as Tällberg is well placed. Very picturesque area. Despite my comments on what I did not like, I would give top marks to our waiter in the Restaurant who knew how to make a guest feel valued and special.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Junior Suite Main Building

Attendant should be present in breakfast dining room not just to take away used dishes. No place settings on breakfast table. Terrible "Muzak" of American soul jazz with volume too high; does not fit in old Swedish atmosphere. Also reception would not make dinner reservations. I had to walk over, including via stairs to go to dining room and wait for some one to arrange dinner reservations.

Ambiance, decor, and location. Quiet setting. Long family ownership history of hotel.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

• Single Room Main Building

A very friendly place in the most lovely area of the country in the early summer when nature was at its best. Together with a person close to my hart. Can it be better?

• Junior Suite with Spa Bath Main Building

Very very hot in the room. Boring staff

Beautiful area and the spa

Location,staff pleasant stay

• Double Room Chamber - Separate building

Dinner was delicious but menu was really small - only 2 options.

Nice atmosphare

Like the interior of the whole place. Fantastic! Breakfast was good but not perfect. Dinner and service excellent!

• Double Room Chamber Main Building

More vegetarian alternatives for dinner.

• Double Room Chamber - Separate building

It was all good

Quiet and peaceful, staff was excellent.

• Single Room - Separate Building

Lovely place, very comfortable room, lots of outside space to sit and enjoy the garden, good restaurant and excellent service. Highly recommended.

Decor of pool area.

Room size and food .

• Junior Suite with Spa Bath Main Building

Lack of coffee service during the day

Service minded staff

• Single Room - Separate Building

more time there!

Great bed and pillow, highest quality!! great breakfast

• Double Room Main Building

Dum fråga

Allt var perfekt,mat rum bemötande m.m.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Nothing that I can remember

I like everything, the food , the stuff, the place was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

Great dinner also!

• Reviewed: 19 April 2016

Bathroom in my room really small - but would not stop me from returning

Charming decor - comfortable bed - friendly staff. Property is a short walk to lake siljan.fabulous indoor pool and spa area.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2015

The food was not at a level it should be in an establishment like this and needs improvement. Breakfast was included but not really monitored well enough. We stayed for two nights and wanted to have dinner which is ala carte in the main dining room so we booked it. The selection for appetizers were not appealing and the fish we had for the entrée looked like a dead tongue on the plate with brown sauce and was mushy. The dessert with the chocolate fondant and dab of ice cream did not work together either. The second day due to that disappointing experience we decided to find a local alternative for late lunch and early dinner after taking the guided tour in Sundborn at Carl Larsson's home at 11 am. We ended up driving to three different towns to find a cup of coffee after an unappealing meal of pizza-only thing available I the afternoon for an early dinner in the nearby village of Rattvik. Since one must travel out of Tallberg where this very nice historic hotel is located for any meal, and since the hotel has a captured audience with the guests there, they need to review the food and beverage service. It is not good enough. The bartender on the second night made us some very good Irish Coffees but we were disappointed we could not go for another dinner there and had to end up with the nearby pizza in a low quality place nearby with an early dinner option since we knew we could not have the dinner experience we expected at the hotel. We did not mention it to the waiter as he could see we could not eat the entrée, but we talked to the very nice desk clerk about it when checking out.

Very nice staff. This is an historic hotel which has a big new investment for a spa area which is first rate and the hotel is a quality place. We had an upgrade to a junior suite and used the pool and sauna. It is in a charming and old historic of part of Sweden, NW of Stockholm so you may drive to it within some hours, and beautiful area with rolling hills, lakes and houses done in the "Falu red" paint color which still comes from the Falun mine not far away. Indeed, do not miss this historic mine guided tour which is part of UNESCO and a World Heritage site since 1992-this tour one will remember for a life time easily. Also take the time to go to Sundborn to see Carl Larsson's family home-well known Swedish artist and take the guided tour there. There is a very nice walk just to the back of the hotel with displays of flowers and info about local animals, flora,etc. and then one can take the ski trail to walk to the lake area and back to the hotel on the roadway. We loved the fireplaces and it was autumn will sunny days and chilly nights, so very nice touch to keep the various fireplaces going around the clock and use of candles in the public areas as well. It was off season so a good time to stay there and not as fully staffed as in high season.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2015

At other spa hotels it's usually slippers in the room, but we only had bathrobes. If I would suggest improvement, I would say, put slippers in the rooms to use to the spa. Otherwise I don't have any complaints. Will probably visit again.

The spa is great. Also food was good.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2015

One evening dinner the head waiter seemed not wanting to be bothered by diners. Not a pleasant meal despite good food.

We enjoyed a traditional family-run resort hotel in a beautiful district of Sweden.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2015

What a great location and combined with the service and restaurant we were totally impressed. We walked around the small village for over an hour and had the sun not set so soon...11 p.m.!! we would have walked some more. Great place.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2015

I didn't like the traffic noise and building works and the mowers. How about a mow bott?

I really enjoyed sitting in the lounge having a drink with my husband. Nice comfy chairs.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2015

If you like charm, comfort, fabulous food, lovely staff, and a perfect blending of rich heritage and modern conveniences, then Akerblads is the place for you! We won't stay anywhere else!

• Reviewed: 7 April 2015

What is so horrifying with some silence? Please skip the piano player in the restaurant and give people some piece... Also, skip the loud music at breakfast...

• Reviewed: 24 March 2015

The menue was rather "meagre" for a Sunday night dinner. Two entrees and three main courses - and they were rather expensive too! No value for money

• Reviewed: 11 April 2016

Beds and the s.c. spa bath tube at the room.

Excellent spa area.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2016

The size of the bedroom

The pool, the spa, the breakfast, the staff, the living space

• Reviewed: 8 November 2015

All ow it

• Reviewed: 30 September 2015

Junior suite on the small side. The hotel has many rooms so can feel a little impersonal.

Beautiful location. Great amenities.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2015

Got the room for having a dog which is usually is not the nicest room. The food was pricey.

The spa, the location and the charm

• Reviewed: 4 September 2015

• Reviewed: 16 August 2015

The whole ombience of the hotel and area was superb.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2015

No airconditioning.

Nice location, excellent breakfast, good parking.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2015

Restraunt is disappointment. Main course is minimum 30 euro, which absolutely doesn't worth the money.

Location, nice environment.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2015

wonderful service, great food, charming.

• Reviewed: 24 June 2015

Spent one night in this lovely Swedish Inn. Our room was cozy and beautifully decorated.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2015

Ingen

The off the menu salad the chef made us - and the fact that he did it. Spa and gym area is really nice and clean

• Reviewed: 2 June 2015

Outstanding restaurant, great spa facilities, capable and friendly staff. Breakfast buffet excellent.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2015

Very basic breakfast. Not 4 star level

The SPA is really good.

• Reviewed: 24 April 2015

Dålig frukost, ej påfyllt o magert utbud

There are also 26 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.