Reviews of Hotel Hansson 4 stars

Surbrunnsgatan 38, Vasastan, 11348 Stockholm, Sweden

#129 of 144 hotels in Stockholm

Location is excellent.
    • Basic Budget Double Room

The TV reception is awful. Don’t plan to relax in your room and watch tv. The tv reception is awful, about 3 channels. The channels were fuzzy and unclear.

Location is excellent. It is accessible to local train, bus, and you can even walk into Stockholm City. The breakfast each morning is nice as well.

If you are staying here, ask for one of the renovated rooms!
    • Basic Budget Double Room

The room didn't fit what you would expect of a four star hotel. After we complained, we were offered one of the rooms that had been recently renovated, but why on earth did they put us in (probably) the oldest room with banged up furniture that looked better at a two star hotel?

Very nice hotel.
    • Classic Single Room

Old style water openers in bathroom, but it not so irritative

Very nice hotel. Style of beginning of 20-th in old building. Very comfortable room, big windows, nice view, a lot of light during the day. Good breakfast Good place close to central station, old town etc

Convenient, Comfortable and Elegant! Enjoyed our time here!

Our hotel room was beautifully decorated as well as being comfortable and providing us with our needs. The hotel staff was friendly and we enjoyed our stay.

Regretful. Will not stay here again.
    • Executive Double Room

AC did not work and we were not told about it. The soar in the shower was almost stop. We asked the staff to fix it at 17.30, which they acknowledged. At return around 21.30, nothing was done. Only one pillow each in the bed.

The breakfast and breakfast staff.

Nice, quiet hotel, AVOID when you have dust allergy

Terrible dust in my room. I had my allergy on max level after 15 min in my room. And staff had no solutions to provide (how about cleaning room? or about changing mattress/pillow/planket? ...) AC didn't work.

Quiet location, 20 min walk to city Helpful staff Good breakfast

The place was clean, common spaces were very nice, the staff...
    • Small Single Room

The hotel is supposed to be a 4 stars one, but from my experience it is not more than 3. I had an economy room, so it is ok that it was very small, but the bed was too soft, the shower didn't have a cabin and there was no air conditioning, but only a old, noisy fan. Besides this, t

The place was clean, common spaces were very nice, the staff friendly and polite and the breakfast was ok.

Nice and serviceminded staff
    • Executive Double Room

Not clean in the room. Hair in the shower. Property needs an eyelift. At least put a bottle of water in the room at arrival.

Nice and serviceminded staff

Brilliant, Quirky place with lovely staff and good value for money in an expensive city.
    • Basic Budget Double Room

Rooms were a little odd, but through age of building probably. There are a couple of raised steps into bathroom and into bedroom which seem perculiar. Room large and airy but no aircon, so stuffy if warm. Bathrooms would benefit from an update but perfectly useable and private not shared. Over all excellent value for money.

Breakfast choice and amount excellent. Also a wide range of times to have breakfast. staff excellent, helpful and very friendly. Position good for Stockholm. Odenplan not far for the metro and the most efficient way of travelling the city.

Very old room, last renovated in the beginning of 20th...
    • Family Room

Very old room, last renovated in the beginning of 20th century, with old fashioned furniture and style overall. Lobby is modern. Hotel of maximum 3 stars.

Nice classic hotel with superb staff
    • Basic Budget Double Room

The room and the bathroom wasn't very clean. Parking was a bit expensive

Very friendly and helpful staff, nice lobby and delicious dinner and breakfast

Definitely not a 4 star experience
    • Classic Single Room

The rooms are very basic and are more of a 2-3 star rather than 4. There’s no air conditioning and it was very hot when I was in Stockholm but I couldn’t keep the windows open due to the noise. It wasn’t very pleasant sleeping in the heat! There’s also dust EVERYWHERE! I had to wipe the chairs before I could sit on them. The bedside lamps and hairdryer were broken too. It didn’t affect my trip and how much fun I had but it just didn’t feel like a 4 star experience!

The hotel is in a nice and safe location. The lobby area is nice and breakfast is also good.

It was more like 3 Star and not 4 Star as advertised.
    • Classic Double Room

One of the the male staff members was very rude and abrupt to my partner and I. We didn’t see coffee in our room, and thought the coffee downstairs near reception was complimentary. We poured a cup and the staff member got angry at us and said he would be adding it to our bill. Both rubbish bins in our room hadn’t been emptied.

It was more like 3 Star and not 4 Star as advertised.

Breakfast was good.
    • Classic Double Room with Extra Bed

Couldn’t pay by cash, which wasn’t specified at the time of booking. Shower facilities were poor, wetroom style but with a small handheld shower that wasn’t very powerful

Breakfast was good. Great location. Staff were helpful

Overall highly recommend this hotel
    • Family Room

Kids bed not the most comfortable but ok

The staff were very helpful and friendly. We had a meal at the hotel one evening it was delicious, overall highly recommend this hotel

The lobby is very nice, and the breakfast is tasty and has a...
    • Basic Budget Double Room

The room was small, and not very good standard. The bed was uncomfortable.

The lobby is very nice, and the breakfast is tasty and has a wide selection. The staff is friendly, and the location is ideal in charming Vasastan.

The theft incident was a damper to our trip

The rooms are small and need in need of a new fit out. There is no drop in the shower area causing the bathroom/wc get flooded everytime one take a shower. There is also a lack of security in the hotel, resulting in my friend's hand bag been stolen while having breakfast.

Were on a work trip and stayed for 4 nights.
    • Classic Single Room

Were on a work trip and stayed for 4 nights. I liked the hotel. The breakfast was good. Took twice dinner he was also very good. The bed was good. The staff at the hotel is very friendly and there is a good spirit over the hotel. I can recommend this hotel.

Good ambiance and service.
    • Classic Double Room with Extra Bed

The shower: it was not possible to regulate the temperature, it was cold or too hot. While showering the whole floor and the rest got wet. The hair blower was broke.

Good ambiance and service.

Pleasant stay in Stockholm
    • Classic Single Room

Room & furniture was dated needs modernisation in keeping with the decor. Was a bit of a distance from the centre but fortunately I don't mind walking.

Friendly & helpful staff, amazing breakfast with plenty of choice.

The location.
    • Basic Budget Double Room

The room is very poor with old furniture. It was very cold in the room I think the heating system is not working very well. There were cracks into the walls and the toilet and sink very dirty with a lot of chalk on them. From my point of view it's unacceptable for a 4* hotel. I think it's more like a 2* hotel. I don't understand how they have 4. The breakfast is good like in many hotels that i have been. Bottom of all I was very disappointed because for 89 euros per night I aspect more(at least to be clean).

The location.

Real appreciable :)
    • Classic Double Room

I didn't like that from our window, we could see the inside of the apartments from the building across the street and that the people were able to see us. I found it weird that in the bathroom they specify that they are "environment friendly" hence if we want to change our towels, we should leave them on the bathroom floor, but they still changed towels everyday.

I like the breakfast a lot, the eggs and bacon were amazing! Moreover the hotel is in a really lovely area, surrounded by restaurants and shops..

I have never slept in a so big room!
    • Classic Single Room

The general information in the room was poor.

I have never slept in a so big room! It was a right temperature for a good sleep and the room and surroundings were quiet enough. The hotel was located apart from the very heart of Stockholm but within a good walking distance.

The worst 4**** hotel I have ever visited.
    • Classic Double Room with Extra Bed

Toilete was awful, room was really old and destroyed inside. Tv was the smallest one I have ever seen in the hotel + only 6 channels from which 2 wasnt working, quality of the signal was awfull also. I don not know how is it possible that this hotel have 4 stars ****. It should have 2** or do not charge people with so much money for stay...

Ok because just me on business where convenience of position outweighs facilities.
    • Basic Budget Double Room

Room a little tatty,?no seat for desk had to sit on bedside table see photo , decoration old. Parking onerous on the guest. No dinner available on Mondays . Heating not adjustable, could have been warmer.

Location , breakfast , parking.

Stay away - 2.5 stars max :(
    • Classic Double Room

First of all I don't understand how this place gets 4 stars. It's for sure and not more 2.5 stars hotel I understand its been opened for sometime but it needs a proper refurbish, painting and basic changes to improve. The Rooms are hot and smells stuffy. The entire decor is old and very, very old fashioned. The towels are very old, the bed linen looks 10 years old at least. Look! I travel a lot for business and stay in many places around the world and have no problem with staying at 2 stars hotel as long I expect that. The breakfast is average. I've asked for a possibility of a late check out and was told it would be ok but when I was leaving they charged me 200krones for the extra 2 hours. I don't mind to pay for it but I wasn't told of this charge so I could make up my mind prior to say yes. The guy at the reception was like a cold robot and answered me like a machine. As Is aid i can expect all the above from a 2 stars hotel but when you called yourself 4 stars you have to provide service! its Totally misleading place. I wouldn't recommend to anyone to stay there unless they charge less and change to 2.5 stars. There are definitely better options in Stockholm for this price.

its close to subway station. The reception gild called Claire was lovely.

It didn't meet expectations. To avoid in future.
    • Classic Single Room

Arriving with -9ºC and the heating was off! Not good! The room was Micro Mini in Size, not in line with cost and not even close to the images on the BOOKING. WiFi... it doesn't work! The light over the bed was not working! The TV had only one channel in English!

The location was perfect for purpose. The team was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was fair and a good selection of food.

Rip awf
    • Classic Double Room

Don't get why they put 2 single bed set up with 2 sheets amd classify it as a double.. quite ridiculous aswell as charging so much just to get room service delivered on top of paying for an expensive meal

I like how the lady asked how i wanted to pay at check out even thoigh i paid at check in then she says "oh yeah" nice try love!

Helpful staff.
    • Classic Single Room

The listing says there is a airport shuttle, when it is actually a taxi the airport will arrange for you, that you pay for. May just be a difference in terminology between UK and Sweden, but usually I find a airport shuttle means free ride to/from airport

Helpful staff. Clean hotel. Value for money

Would like to visit again!
    • Classic Single Room

Bathroom sink was way too small... I know I booked a single room but.. everytime I had to struggle...:(

Hotel staffs were very helpful and kind. Location was also very practical. I enjoyed staying at Hotel Hanssons!

Good but not great
    • Classic Single Room

The room was very very cold! The radiator was not on and floor was too cold to stand on. The bathroom was a lot warmer.

Nice bathroom, good breakfast, decent price.

Very disappointed and the room and toilet smell horrible.
    • Basic Budget Double Room

The toilet and room smell horrible and the car park is far from the hotel .

The hotel is located at the central town were you can easily buy things needed.

Great big comfy rooms, old wood furniture, excellent...
    • Classic Double Room

Great big comfy rooms, old wood furniture, excellent breakfast and not bad location either. Around half an hour's walk into the city or public transport close by. Staff also very pleasant. Recommended!

staff changed the room when I asked
    • Classic Single Room

never take the single standard room. they have the paper walls. very bad clean service. no any birthday welcome

staff changed the room when I asked beautiful breakfast beautiful place

• Small Single Room

Very strange that this hotel accidentally dubbel charge me for a night 695 sek. And I've been trying to get it back. But no ine seems to take responsibility for what they have done wrong. Very bad style. And very disappointed

Convenient location, great staff, ok room.
    • Classic Single Room

The room I stayed in was very cold, though the space heater helped. The shower had poor water pressure, and it wasn't very comfortavle to shower as there was no place to place the shower head, so I had to hold it with one hand at all times.

Claire at the front desk was amazing, the food in the evening was great. Breakfast pretty standard.

Good locaton and Love the breakfast they served!
    • Classic Double Room

The size of our room is pretty compact

Love the location and the breakfast they served. The staff are friendly, room, even though small, was very comfortable. The location is near station and there are lost of restaurants and cafes nearby

pretty good place to explore Stockholm
    • Classic Double Room

cleanliness could have been better; actually there was no wardrobe except few hangers and we had to keep most of our belongings at suitcases

friendly and helpful staff, good location

The room was gorgeous and cozy, super comfy bed and very...
    • Classic Double Room

The room was gorgeous and cozy, super comfy bed and very clean. Also, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Overall, it was a pleasant experience and would definitely come back.

Amazing stay ! Warm and charming hotel ! Excellent choice
    • Classic Double Room

Small mistake when they booked the taxi, but they ordered another one quickly (a little bit more expensive, but that's ok) . So not a problem at all.

Amazing stay in hotel Hansson. Staff is very nice and careful. Hotel is beautiful and the rooms are warm and charming. Great value for the price. The breakfast is very good and huge ! :-) I recommend !

Good enough for a short stay
    • Classic Double Room

Our room was a little soulless and much of the rest of the hotel (especially our bathroom) was certainly in need of a refit.

The breakfast was awesome and the lobby was comfortable.

Extremely disapointing. As most Swedish hotels.
    • Classic Double Room

Extremely disapointing. As most Swedish hotels. This is a 4 star and the rooms are not more than 2!!!!! The rooms were not clean and weren't cleaned during our 5 day stay. The rest is probably a very good 3-4 if you compare with other European countries.

The breakfast. Great scrambled eggs and bacon !

Decent hotel for a day-to-day traveller
    • Executive Double Room

The executive suit I had didnt have a minibar, and the sink in the bathroom was laughable (pretty much a tiny hole in the floor). And dont get fooled by the pictures from this venue, the rooms are much much smaller.

Nice comfy hotel in the middle of Stockholm, close to everything (restaurants, bars, clubs etc). Excellent alternative if you stay one night, anything more and there are better options.

We stayed there for 3 nights in one of their classic double...
    • Classic Double Room

The room we got was pretty bad, I’ve read from other reviews talking about renovated rooms, well ours wasn’t. The walls had bunch of markings along with holes and damages. Door and the wood trim has a lot of chippings, bathroom door handle was loose and the wooden floor made a lot of squeaky sounds. Furniture is outdated and similarly had a lot of chipping. Sheets had weird stains on it and I see some cheating with the cleaning. Plenty of dust in every corner and areas where it requires you to spend 2 seconds extra effort to clean. Room is not soundproof and we could hear the street outside very well, similarly with the ceiling. We can hear steps from the floor above us. You can’t control the room temperature so we found it to be slightly chilly but that is subjective. I understand they are going for the classic Nordic design for the rooms but there is good-old and bad-old, this belong slightly to the latter one. Definitely not a 4 star hotel, more likely closer to 3. Its a little bit off from the main streets so it will require roughly a 7 minute walk from the nearest subway station. My overall experience is it’s alright, would not however go back and could find better options elsewhere for the same price tag.

We stayed there for 3 nights in one of their classic double bed rooms on the 1st floor. The lobby is really cozy and elegant and the reception desk is manned 24/7. Staff is wonderful and really made the whole stay tolerable. The room is impressively big, ceiling is high as well. Bathroom is on the smaller side but newly renovated so it’s fine. No problems with the WiFi and we could connect to it easily with good speed. Dining area which is in the same area with the reception desk is neat, breakfast has decent amount of variety so this part is good.

Definitely not a 4 stars room!
    • Classic Single Room

The room was definitely not suitable to a 4 stars hotel! The WC was dirty since long time, paint on the wall fell down in pieces, the shower was old and not functional. Only one tiny bottle of shampoo was provided. Room needs urgent renovating! I asked for a quiet room but it was very noisy both from the street and from the corridor! I am definitely disappointed compared to what I paid.

The hall and reception are nice

Bad Experience, not to be repeated!!
    • Classic Double Room with Extra Bed

Bathrooms were dated and facilities broken, Rooms had no temperature control, Radiator cover was broken and fell off, no plug socket cover, wires exposed. TV did not work and staff did very little to resolve. Four stars? very disappointed would not recommend.

Lobby was very modern and inviting

Stylish but expensive
    • Classic Double Room

Wifi is weak, you have to reconnect all the time. No electric kettle in the room. We had two single beds with two small bed sheets even thought we requested a room with a double bed.

The beds are soft and nice, beatiful design, warm floor in the bathroom, several electrical sockets in the room, good breakfasts.

very nice staff, good breakfast and positioned in a very...
    • Classic Single Room

maybe the room was a bit cold at night...the tv had only 10 channels ...of which only 2 international....

very nice staff, good breakfast and positioned in a very good area surrounded by lots of restaurants, pubs etc...

Cozy place with friendly staff.
    • Basic Budget Double Room

Bathroom had definitely seen better days. Hardly any pressure in the shower and everything felt like it was old in the 80s. Everything worked but we payed too much to have a crappy shower. Juice at breakfast was a joke. For a hotel on that price level you expect decent drinks for breakfast, the orange juice definitely wasn't.

The atmosphere of the hotel was wonderful. Cozy little place at a great location.

Nice hotel with renovation-needed rooms
    • Basic Budget Double Room

We have very very very old room. Old wood doors were difficult to close, in bethroom door lock was almost brocken, in oder to close the main door you need enough power and it makes terrible noise. Terrible ancient clo with yellowish plastic and rost on ceramics. Dirty dusty ceiling. Definitely need renovation.

Very frendly personal, coisy lounge. Location is good - easy to reach with public transport.

Nice, but not great.
    • Classic Single Room

The room was really really small. For the price I paid, I found that quite unacceptable. At reception they accepted to replace it with a bigger room starting next day, but still, the fact that the hotel charges so much money for such a small room was a bit surprising.

The staff was great. The breakfast was awesome. Location exceptional.

Good but needs improvements
    • Basic Budget Double Room

The bathroom was very dated, old silicone and other discoloured surfaces along walls and floor. Silver fish ran across the floor one evening! The noise from the hallway and outside was very loud! Very little insulation and visible gap under the door to the hallway. The Tv had very limited channels.

The room was a nice size, breakfast was good and staff very friendly. It's a lovely area with plenty of great restaurants and near subway stations.

Great for the time I was there.
    • Classic Single Room

Great room. Clean, modern, comfortable. Strong WiFi no VPN block. Good bed. Everything was great but I arrived 8pm and left 8:30am next morning. So a short but great stay.

pleasant and comfortable for the time I was there
    • Classic Single Room

the room small. the bed was a single bed and it sagged in the middle. plus the sheets kept coming off while i slept

the hotel and food was good. great area. great value.

Nothing special....
    • Classic Double Room

The room description states double bed, but it is two single run down and dirty mattresses put together, very uncomfortable.

one of the reception staff was friendly.

It should not be a 4 star hotel!
    • Basic Budget Double Room

The room was not properly cleaned. The toilet was smelling badly, probably because of bad drainage. Old Damaged furniture. No place to seat during breakfast.

Our room was big. Bed was large. Breakfast was good.

Comfortable stay overall
    • Classic Single Room

Room was a bit tired. Some of the furniture had seen better days. Window frame was rotting. Shower sprayed water all over the floor of the bathroom. No secure storage for a push bike. Didn't accept maestro card.

Location. Friendly staff. Nice reception area. Comfortable bed. Price.

Pleasant, fun, welcoming
    • Classic Double Room with Extra Bed

I wasn't expecting much from the Hotel when I read the reviews for it and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised! The hotel is awesome! It is close to many buses and subway stations. It is also near the city terminal and the main streets, I loved walking in the areas around it. The atmosphere of the hotel was very welcoming and the staff was incredibly helpful and nice. The included breakfast buffet was delicious, everything was very clean. Our bedroom was very nicely decorated and it felt like a little home!

Pleasant neighborhood with many bars and restaurants.
    • Classic Double Room

I would have liked a location closer to the center of the city. However the subway was only a five minute walk Breakfast buffet was only ok

Pleasant neighborhood with many bars and restaurants.

The breakfast was one of the best, filled with almost every...
    • Classic Double Room

Bed could be more comfortable, but not much to complain about overall.

The breakfast was one of the best, filled with almost every person's taste and everything was being cleaned up and refilled within seconds. The location is perfect, and Stockholm center is within a walking distance. All kinds of restaurants and markets are nearby, and many are open late. The location is excellent, nice and professional staff.

Room needs an urgent upgrade.
    • Classic Double Room

The bathtub was disgusting. It had mould all over it. It didn't just need a good scrub - the silicone and grout need replacing. The rest of the room was also pretty filthy - animal hairs on the furniture, generally dust and grime. The curtains were uneven lengths. Overall, this room is in need of a desperate makeover-it has the potential but was quite a disappointment.

The room was a decent size - as was the bathroom.

1.Great location - just 20 minutes walk from Central Station...
    • Classic Double Room with Extra Bed

1. I expected the room much cleaner and prepared than it was in reality. For example, window curtains were extremally stained, there were scratches on walls and fireplace, some lamp where out of selling in the bathroom etc... it is really strange for a hotel, that pays as much attention to the decor and design. 2. There were no closet or wardrobe to put the closes and luggage - just open shelves and hangers 3. Would be great if the table was bigger or to have another table to make it possible to do some work tasks

1.Great location - just 20 minutes walk from Central Station and 30 minutes from city centre. 2.Atmospheric lobby 3.Lots of shop and cafe in the area 4. Spacious room 5. Friendly staff

Optimal solution for a perfect stay in Town
    • Classic Double Room with Extra Bed

Sofa bed in room wasn't very comfortable. Poor facilities in room: maybe a kettle or a coffee maker would be a plus, as a minibar.

Big Room with many windows, lightfull, toilet totally new. Varius breakfast. Staff very kind and helpfull.

Good experience!
    • Small Single Room

(i) The breakfast service was not very prompt. People had to wait for refilling the scrambled eggs and beckons ! (ii) The female receptionist never smiled but all the male receptionists were very kind. (iii) The room was excessively small for 159 euros per night.

(i) The internet speed was very good. (ii) Location was very good.

the hotel is very nice.
    • Classic Double Room

the hotel is very nice. it is located not exactly in the center of the city but you can reach everything by walking 15/20 mins the neighboorhood is safe and quiet. There are some restaurants around too. Rooms look nice but might need a little update.

Could not ask for more.
    • Classic Double Room

Noisy Hoons in cars roaring around the streets on Saturday night but this is not something the hotel can control, the good news is that if you shut your rooms Windows you can't hear them.

Fabulous breakfast. Great location. As we had an early checkout to get to the airport we really appreciated the take away breakfast.

Very enjoyable and more personal than corporate style hotels.

restaurant not open.

Great room - much more character than corporate style hotels and lots of space. Convenient for public transport links. Polite staff.

Good value conveniently located
    • Classic Single Room

The property is a little worn out.

The location is convenient with 2 metro stations and a local train station a few blocks away. The area is nice, mostly residential with several parks, but also with some hubs like Odenplan, with lots of shops and restaurants of various kinds. Wifi was good, breakfast was adequate. Everything worked just fine at a basic level and was good value for money.

Gorgeous hotel, friendly staff, great location and comfortable!
    • Basic Budget Double Room

The reception attendant wasn't as helpful with local recommendations. Had to do own research.

The location was perfect! The hotel, upon entering, has a beautiful lobby and sitting/eating area and the rooms have a sophisticated and comfortable feel.

Very good option to stay calm and in central position.
    • Classic Double Room with Extra Bed

Absolutely nothing, just to improve the services in the room should be really great to have a electric water heater in the room, but anyway they gave us hot water all the times we needed without problems.

Connections with public transportation are very good, the place is anyway in very central position. Rooms are nice but a little small. He had a health problem with my mother and the staff was very well and friendly to help us calling doctors and everything else. They gave us breakfast to take away when we leave the hotel at 4 a.m.

Good value for money & perfect for quick stay.
    • Classic Double Room with Extra Bed

On top level : Room was too warm & could not get air-con to work. The self standing fan in the room had blades fitted backwards so did no blow air. No deal breakers but would ask for room on levels 1-4 not 5.

At this price point: interesting building (ie not your typical generic hotel). Cute room. Nice staff. Good breakfast.

Excellent hotel for visiting Stockholm.
    • Classic Double Room with Extra Bed

Fold up bed was lumpy and uncomfortable. Some light bulbs not working in the room.

Location was great and our room was clean and quite large. The laundry service was excellent.

Great comfort and value.
    • Classic Double Room

The egg at the breakfast.

The beds were excellent, but they were two individual beds, it seems like Swedish prefer two beds together instead of one whole piece of queen or king size bed. I liked that that the room was was very quiet day and night. At the lobby they have very pleasing seating areas and the staff always made us feel welcome to seat and got great service from them.

Very old bed and furniture.
    • Classic Double Room with Extra Bed

Very old bed and furniture. Needs an urgent refurnishing and renovation of bathrooms and all facilities. I felt to be transported back 70 years. Thanks

Swedish jaunt.
    • Classic Double Room

There was a slight drain smell in the bathroom. The dinner menu was limited and we chose not to eat there.

Comfortable basic facilities near a metro stop. Staff excellent. Breakfast great.

Browse Hotel Hansson traveller photo gallery