Reviews of Center Hotel 3 stars

Stora Badhusgatan 28, Centrum, 41121 Gothenburg, Sweden

#61 of 70 hotels in Gothenburg

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Appreciated free coffee and nice cinnamonbun when I arrived...
    • Standard Single Room

Breakfast could be fresher. Everything seemed cut beforehand and coming directly from the freezer. Eggs were very sweet. I know it says organic on the website, but it didn't feel like that. Rooms and the building are quite worn down to the prize for staying there.

Appreciated free coffee and nice cinnamonbun when I arrived late at night. Very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Very polite&friendly staff,very clean room,great location,walking distance to shops & transportation
    • Standard Single Room

Needs a 'water stop' for the shower. The water was running all over the bathroom.

Super comfortable bed, the best sleep I've ever had in a hotel!

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Terrible for a 3-star hotel!
    • Standard Single Room

I was supposed to be in a nice spacious room. Upon my arrival, I got a dirty room that was not cleaned after the previous person. I went down to the reception and asked if this is a regular thing. They gave me another room. During the afternoon, one of the girls working in the hotel entered my room while I was naked, preparing to take a shower. She excused herself stating that it was not in the system that I was on this room. I asked for invoice for my business and the same girl said she can't give me the invoice as I booked through Booking.com. This has never happened to me, so I will have to start a process to get my invoice from the hotel and claim my refund from employer.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

There was free coffee and juice 24/7, the breakfast was...
    • Economy Double Room

There was free coffee and juice 24/7, the breakfast was full and fresh (you’ll love the omelette), the stuff was friendly, the bed very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Good enough for leisure and short stays.
    • Standard Single Room

1. O the bathroom wall it was saying the water is potable but there was no glass to drink with. I had to drink water from my hands. 2. I took out my clothes and put them in the wardrobe, when I took them out were full of dust. Nobody cleaned inside the wardrobe and those were my only clothes. 3. The room had a big window but you could here the wind coming through. 4. Outside were less than 10 degrees and no heat in the room. You could receive an extra blanket if you ask at the reception but no heater.

I liked the location, very close from restaurants and bus station. Good enough for a weekend if you travel alone or friends.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Location, breakfast and room size matched my expectations.
    • Economy Double Room

Not very clean (bathroom, bedroom and dishes/cutlery).

Location, breakfast and room size matched my expectations. They serve waffles every day from 16.00 to 21.00 :)

Good value for money
    • Standard Single Room

Breakfast ran out of bread before the end. Other guests made lunches to go, resulting in a very kimit d breakfast for my son and I.

Staff was friendly. Good location.

OK, but time for renovation soon
    • Standard Single Room

Toilet seat was broken, hair dryer works but practically unusable, breakfast room dark and gloomy, breakfast foodstuffs very basic

Good location, nice people at reception

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

The parking place in front of the hotel and recommended by...
    • Quadruple Room

The parking place in front of the hotel and recommended by the hotel is very unsafe. Our car got burgled and they took everything they could from children’s toy bags to my husbands spare glasses - nothing of any value for them but lot of value for us. Our cars papers got stolen as well. It would have been fair from the hotel to warn us that people steal anything they see on the area and recommend a safe parking place inastead. The return to France with a broken window was lousy and our impression of this hotel is low.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Please don't even consider staying in this hotel instead take a hostel and save some bucks
    • Economy Double Room

1) Breakfast was pathetic 2) Room condition was really bad it wasnt even clean 3) Room was extremely overpriced 4) In the middle of night around 2 AM a family just entered our room as they were asked to checkin to the same room and surprisingly they had our room key - So much for security

Nothing like literally nothing at all.

Enjoyed their buffet breakfast and waffle for snacks
    • Economy Double Room

Pillow is not that comfortable for me, wish it could be rectangular and soft rather than squared and small in sizes. My friend and I barely sleep on our first night at the hotel.

Free buffet breakfast, lots of choices Waffle is good that is served during snack time The receptionist is really accomodating and nice, just forgot her name unfortunately Property is near the tram and bus stops A lots of restaurant and groceries nearby

Staff was friendly

Very old pillows. Poor airconditioning. Desing outdated. Stains on the room walls. Poor vegan options for breakfast. No drinking glasses in the rooms. 250kr extra for having a pet in the room. Because of cleaning but it seemed a bit too much because the room itself wasn't that nice.

Staff was friendly

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Friendly staff, clean room and bathroom, comfort bed,...

no conditioner

Friendly staff, clean room and bathroom, comfort bed, silence in room when the windows and door were closed even the hotel located in centrum, good coffee and breakfast, all the day was possible eat biscuits, fruits, drink coffee, tea and juices.

Okay hotel.
    • Quadruple Room

The breakfast was not up to standards. Dirty tables, and they did not refill the buffet. The sofabed was not Good to sleep in. No ventilation in the room, so we had to open Windows to a noisy street.

The familyroom was big. Nice and spacious bathroom.

Great value for money excellent breakfast
    • Economy Double Room

Hairs in the room, staff serving breakfast could have been more attentive, had to wait for things to be refilled.

Great Location super breakfast great snacks available 24/7 good value for money

The hotel is in a good location.
    • Standard Single Room

The breakfast quality was good but I hope they bring more items into it.

The hotel is in a good location. Though it's a 3 star one, the room was really comfortable. The receptionists and the stuffs were helpful. I could travel to my planned places easily.

I would recommend this place for budget travellers to Gothenburg. Staff very friendly
    • Standard Single Room

Nothing was a major concern. There were no towels in the bathroom when I first checked in though this was corrected. Rooms are a little dated but very good value for money.

Breakfasts and free waffles top the list, waffles being an excellent homely touch. Price, friendliness of staff and location all great.

Coffee downstairs and outdoor patio area was a nice extra as...
    • Economy Double Room

Coffee downstairs and outdoor patio area was a nice extra as well as the option to purchase sparkling water or even a beer is great. It was a super hot day when we arrived so we really appreciated that! The location is great and walking distance to cool areas. Parking is expensive!

• Economy Double Room

We booked the room for two people and the bed wasn’t much larger than a single - it was also very uncomfortable. We would also only ever be given 1 towel - suggesting it was a one person room that they had allocated to us as a double room!

Great location. Breakfast included in the room rate. It was very clean.

Good location, nice staff
    • Standard Single Room

The room wasn’t very clean, the breakfast was very limited, the room was too warm and the curtain didn’t cover the whole window

Good location, nice staff

A VERY GOOD AND ECONOMICAL AND CLEAN PLACE
    • Economy Double Room

The breakfast needed some more varieties but still it was fine...They even gave me a packed breakfast when i checked out early.

The hotel was extremely clean, the staff was very friendly, location was awesome.. near the metro. Breakfast was ok.. but still all in all it was really good

I didn’t satisfy of this hotel. I don’t recommend to anyone!
    • Standard Single Room

The price was unbelievable expensive for such a small, old and inconvenient place! I strongly not recommend to anyone! Room was so small and look 0 star hotel!

Just location

Cleanliness issues in the bathroom and in the rest of the...
    • Standard Single Room

Cleanliness issues in the bathroom and in the rest of the room. Needs better window curtains (specially in the summer) as they let plenty of light to come into the room.

Good breakfast.
    • Economy Double Room

Budget hotel. Very small room for an economy double room, not the same as the photos show. Small beds. Not a proper wardrobe in the room. Some areas of the hotel need a good paint.

Good breakfast. Free tea and coffee all day. Waffles for free in the afternoon. Good location and walking distance to the city center.

Ok for a short trip
    • Economy Double Room

Breakfast wasn’t that diverse but OK. When they gave us a superior room, the room was not cleaned after the previous guests so they definitely need to work on their logistics but otherwise everything was ok for a one night stay.

We were travelling from Denmark with the ferry so we wanted a place close to the ferry terminal, and it was OK location-wise. Bus/ tram station is quite close. We had 3 economy rooms and one was upgraded to superior due to lack of clean rooms so that was nice.

Mixed feelings
    • Economy Double Room

The room was definitely smaller than we expected. It gave a claustrophobic feeling even. The bathroom (although clean) was also claustrophobic. The door of the room gave us the impression of not closing well but it was fine in the end. In the shower we felt that the water was not warm enough.

The staff was super friendly and nice. The breakfast is also quite good and generous. We were specially thankful for the infinite supply of fika (cookies, fika bread, coffee and juice). We slept well in the end!

Average accomodation, great location
    • Economy Double Room

Size of the bed, quality of housekeeping, practicality of shower, general cleanliness

Waffle maker, location, access to hot drinks and biscuits, breakfast

A budget hotel 15 mins from the train station.
    • Standard Single Room

A very budget like breakfast, although I could find most items I wanted.

Nice and clean bathroom. My bed was made up for two persons (120 cm), big for 1 person smal for 2 persons.

Lovely hotel in a great location
    • Economy Double Room

Nothing to complain about :)

The room was small but very comfortable and good value for the location. You can reach all Gothenburg sights within a couple of minutes of walking. The staff was super nice and we loved the breakfast which offered a great variety of continental but also many local things like salmon, Herring, etc. There were cakes, biscuits, coffee, tea all day long available and you could make your own waffles during the day, all for free. We would definitely stay here again if we come back to Gothenburg.

Very nice location near Jäntorget square, very kind staff,...
    • Standard Single Room

I didn't really like breakfast: i found that the eggs were too dry, there wasn't a big sortment of bread and cereals as well as there wasn't chocolate among the beverages.

Very nice location near Jäntorget square, very kind staff, good 24h coffee service and very clean and cosy room.

I liked this hotel, I had really funny and near to the center. It was really clean and cool there!
    • Economy Double Room

I didn’t actually liked that I supposed to pay 100 Kronos for one late our to check out. The breakfast wasn’t perfect there’s something missing there.

I liked most the view and the lovely decoration of the room. It was very good hotel!

The staff is very friendly and always ready to help.

The breakfast menu could have more variety.

The staff is very friendly and always ready to help. We wanted to extend our stay by 2 days and they were great in accomodating us and letting us stay in the same room for the extra days.

Friendly receptionist.
    • Economy Double Room

Double bed was actually two singles pushed together. I know that this in often the case in hotels but these wouldn't stop moving apart. Very uncomfortable. Heating didn't work in the room but receptionist gave us a small electric heater.

Friendly receptionist.

Excellent value for money for the room. Breakfast was a little disappointing.
    • Economy Double Room

Breakfast: The one type of dark bread that they had was hard and dry. Both the scrambled eggs and the hard boiled eggs (egg white was yellow, and egg yolk was green!!) were UNEATABLE!!! Good choice of toppings and milk/juice (tho non-dairy milk would have been a plus). If they would fix the eggs n bread the breakfast would be great :)

Excellent value for money. We booked the Economy Double Room. Both the main room and bathroom were clean. The room contained 2 extra chairs, a table, a closet with a big mirror and a comfy bed. Less than 10 minute walking distance from the central train/bus station. Public transportation close by.

Friendly and attentive staff.
    • Economy Double Room

Friendly and attentive staff. Allowed us to check-in early. Cozy room. The comfy bed was lovely. Very quiet. Coffee, tea, juices, cake and cookies 24/7 available. You can make waffles from afternoon to evening every day. Good wifi. Great location. Fast laundry service with good prices. We had a great time. Thank you! 100% recommendable!

The location is so easy to access by foot, and it’s right by...
    • Economy Double Room

The location is so easy to access by foot, and it’s right by the water. The beds are comfy, the staff are friendly and helpful, and breakfast and late afternoon waffles were delicious.

Mukava hotelli, hyvällä paikalla.
    • Economy Double Room

The staff was very friendly and helpful, everything was easygoing. They had gluten free bread for breakfast. 30 minutes walk to the central station, 20 minutes to the opera house. (Opposite to the hotel there was a local energy station.)

Room and breakfast met my expectations.

Very strange that you can only get ONE key (card) per room if you are more than one person per room. Bad TV reception (confirmed by other guests).

Room and breakfast met my expectations. Direct tram from central station.

Great location, very clean, super friendly staff.
    • Economy Double Room

Bed a little too soft for my taste. Room a little noisy due to being close to the stairs/ elevator.

Great location, very clean, super friendly staff. Even a breakfast package available for checking out before breakfast. Loved the hot drinks, juice and buscuits available during the day.

The staff is very polite and helpful.

The rooms are very small and old. There is no view from the window (we paid for a superior room). The kitchen was also small and we could not find a place to sit at the breakfast.

The staff is very polite and helpful. The location was convenient. The bathroom was clean and new but no bathtub (even we asked for it).

Not luxury, but good value.
    • Standard Single Room

TV had no good reception (cable problem)? Elevator is very slow.

Small room but warm, clean and quiet (ask for a room on back side). Wifi works fine even at the end of the 5th floor. Breakfast was good, coffee/tea + some fruit and cookies available 24h for free.

Good enough if you just come to sleep.
    • Standard Single Room

The single room was very, very small with no view. The few non-Swedish television programs were being disrupted every two minutes for about a minute during the whole stay. So in fact you could see 2/3 of a movie and 1/3 you had to fill in yourself :-( . The staff could not do anything about it.

Close to the ferries.

If you absolutely have no other place to go, I strongly recoment to bring your own set of fork&knife
    • Standard Single Room

Old rundown building with light cosmetic works. When you sit in the "dining room" and they open the door to the kitchen, you get a subtle shock, it’s like a blast from the past, something from WW2, dirty, black fungus on the ceiling and disgusting! Next up is the game; "try to find a clean fork and knife", they are 99,9% dirty, demi washed, if one looks closely one can find old food residues which is stuck to them. When I couldn’t find a single one to be clean, I had to wash myself my set.

Not much, the location is ok otherwise the hotel is in an old rundown building.

Great to be able to make your own waffles.
    • Standard Single Room

Pillows were very hard. Noisy neighbours (not the hotels fault though)

Great to be able to make your own waffles. Tea and coffee anytime you like. Nice bed.

Good room at good location to a pleasent price
    • Standard Single Room

The had not received my booking, so it took 20 minutes to check in, including and old fasion paper form with my name and address etc - would have expect the the be transferred by booking.com. Roomdoors was old fasion key lock to be delivered in the reception by going in and out of the hotel - feeling of going 10 years back in time.

Very nice room and good location of the hotel. Additionally the offered waffles, fruit and coffee in the lounge free of charge.

Everything quite ok
    • Standard Single Room

I was there five nights and I asked them to make up my room a couple of days, leaving a flag on the door for that purpose. This never happened, they not even change my towels a day!

Breakfast, location and wifi.

Great one night stay.
    • Standard Single Room

Breakfast was super disappointing. Took a warm shower first until realised there was button for very got one. :)

Very touching free waffle and cookies offer. Very simple thing but great :) Nice lobby, elevator, room, nothing fancy but OK for one night.

Great location, breakfast with variety, hot drinks &...

Great location, breakfast with variety, hot drinks & biscuits available 24/7 plus evening waffles for no cost! Really helpful & friendly staff!

I think the location was good, breakfast was included and it...
    • Economy Double Room

The personal was not available. During the night when we arrived to the hotel we had to ring the bell but there was nobody so we had to wait for 15/20 min, until someone staying in the hotel opened us.

I think the location was good, breakfast was included and it was also good.

Low average
    • Economy Double Room

Room not so big, not very clean, staff at reception frequently missing and not too friendly or helpful, drinks and cookies available all day in the hall but will be so much better to have a kettle in the room

Waffle maker available in the afternoon

Just awesome
    • Standard Single Room

I had a very nice stay at this hotel. Everything was just perfect. Breakfast was very good the wifi in the room was working perfect.Location of the hotel its awesome. Faboulous stay at this beautiful nice hotel.

Very pleasant stay close to the magnificient riverside of Gothenburg.
    • Economy Double Room

The location of the Hotel is excellent. The building is rather old, but in good condition. Furthermore, there is total privacy, the walls between the rooms are solid. The staff is extremely friendly.

Great location!
    • Economy Double Room

Location was awesome. Extremely close to Central Station, Kungsportsplatzen, Stenpiren, Brunsparken and almost everything was very close. You could just walk to Haga or take 11 for ferry to the archipelago. Breakfast was good, rooms were a little small though, but very comfortable.

• Standard Single Room

OK its not the most deluxe hotel in the world but you wont get better value in Gothenburg for the location!

Great location. Great price. 5 minute walk to great pubs, bars and music venues.

Breakfast was nice.
    • Economy Double Room

Uncomfortable bed. Booked a double but was given 2 singles for the entire stay. No view from the room. No drinking water jugs available so was asked to carry a tray of glasses of water upto the 2nd floor room from reception. Was made to pay for a toothpaste even when it said toiletries provided.

Breakfast was nice. Staff helped us store the luggage even after the checkout for the last day

Not even offered a rooom with a proper key.
    • Economy Double Room

The hotel had given our reserved room to another guest. The only room offered was one without a proper key (staff needed to open our door every time we needed to get in). The room was not even clean. Will not return.

Good location. Close to public transport.

Nice location but not value for money
    • Standard Single Room

Room was tiny for the price and the bed was a little too soft. Also, the hotel does not have a restaurant so need to go out for lunch or dinner

Location is good, very close to public transport and also the center. Breakfast was nice and coffee/ tea was available any time.

Cold and expensive
    • Economy Double Room

I was freezing in the room, when I asked for a heater they said they do not have one. They offered me an extra blanket which was made of a stingy material. I was really cold during my whole stay which was really uncomfortable. Everything was really really expensive, you do not get the service what you are paying for.

The bed was really comfortable, and the room was clean.

Good for a short stay, +value for money
    • Economy Double Room

The room is a bit too small and the cleaning of it can be improved. The bathroom though was nicely cleaned. A little bit of noise from the busy road avenue outside and the room was a bit too hot during the day

the hotel is in walking distance to downtown, you can find bars and restaurants very close and there is a tram line that passes just in front of it Overall is a good hotel, you have breakfast and in the evenings you can prepare waffles, there is always fresh coffee and cookies in the lounge. most value for what you are paying

Brilliant basic hotel
    • Economy Double Room

Great breakfast - even had smoked salmon one morning. The staff are friendly and helpful. Good location, too, everything is within walking distance with some nice bars closeby. It was excellent to have coffee and cookies available all day, as well as some fruit. Sweden is expensive, so saving money on coffee each day goes quite far!

The room was big and fresh.
    • Standard Single Room

There was not enough blankets and sometimes it was cold at night (and I was there in the summer!). There was no toothpaste. The pancakes that they offer: is a machine and you make them yourself.

The room was big and fresh. The breakfast was ok and there is coffee available all they long. The personal was nice and is a secure place with a really good location. I think the location make the price worth it.

Amazing staff
    • Standard Single Room

Toilet seat in bathroom broken and light in bathroom not working, minor maintenance issues.

The staff member that was on majority of the time I was there was very friendly and helpful, she went above and beyond what is expected of a staff member to make me feel welcome. The location is great, close to the attractions and also walking distance to bus station. The facilities were clean, room was nice and bed was comfortable. Breakfast had great variety and the free coffee/tea/juice/biscuits all day is a nice touch. Waffles in the evening were delicious. I would stay here again.

Good value for money
    • Quadruple Room

No alkohol Excel from one type og vert to be bought.As I am allergic to beer this is no good.

Free waffles.We are a family og five with kids 10,7 and 5 and we got a good deal,4 beds plus mattress om out room.

Quite cheap in comparison to other similar structures.
    • Economy Double Room

Very small and a little bit dirty room.

Quite cheap in comparison to other similar structures. A wonderful position, near both to the centre and to Haga. Very kind receptionists. Good breakfast. Confortable bed.

Don't book with this hotel
    • Economy Double Room

We were to stay 4 nights and could not stay more than 1 as the bed was the size of a twin bed for 2 of us. I was told we would be notified if a room with a larger bed became available. We were not notified and when I went to checkout and try for a refund were told we could move to another room. Too late. I do not believe what was advertised was what we received. I realize the hotel was booked full but what we got was not what we paid for. We paid over $1000 for 4 nights and stayed 1. We received a refund of just over $200. Don't book with this hotel.

nothing except the location was good about this hotel

I will NOT recommend this hotel
    • Budget Double Room

Well what can I say . The place is not clean . And when i say that I mean really not clean . The floor in the dining room is sticky. The dishes are not clean AT ALL . Poor breakfast. And leek of food . Bed is bad really bad . Shower is nightmare very small and no ventilation.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Avoid
    • Standard Single Room

This Hotel have a big attitude problem to its customers and I am surprised that they are accepted to be member of Sweden Hotels. Before this hotel was managed Nordic choice hotels, and was a good one. The interior is from that time and they tried to cope the concept. But everything is low class. Thats ok. But when the staffs attitude is very rigide,when You check in you must show id and credit card even you booked on this or that they dont care to listen to negative feedback and tell You, -what should i Do about it, it was busy here all night, i m New here, shall i tell this to My boss(same person), then You now professionalism do not stand in the front row. So avoid this Hotel. The prices for rooms generally in Göteborg are high, during summer compared to for example Malmö och Stockholm, but this Hotel is not cozy at all. You Will only get sad.

The location.

The room we got was not worth the price we paid for it.
    • Quadruple Room

Price and room size/ amenities.

The room we got was not worth the price we paid for it. I was disappointed that the room was so small for a family of 5 especially since it cost so much compared to other family rooms we have stayed in before.

Hostel run on a shoestring
    • Economy Double Room

Most facilities as basic as possible, poor maintenance, understaffed, breakfast very basic and with something always missing, old and rickety furniture, cramped room

Bathroom ok, much better than the rest. Free wifi worked well

The free breakfast was fresh and delicious.
    • Economy Double Room

The free breakfast was fresh and delicious. They offer a free "make your own waffle bar" from 4pm - 9pm which was a nice addition. Good location, an easy walk around the city. Overall a great stay!

“Location is great, we visited the main attractions by...
    • Economy Double Room

The bed was uncomfortable.

“Location is great, we visited the main attractions by walking. Good breakfast. They have free waffles buffet in the evening, it was great!

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

You get what you pay for
    • Economy Double Room

Small bathroom with no heated floor. Breakfast area not ideal for breakfast, small tables and small area. Breakfast was simple. Rooms have no nois-isolation.

Very nice location and very good bed. Free snacks and coffee. Friendly staff.

Good Hotel for the price - do not expect frills!
    • Economy Double Room

The shower configuration in a bathtub is not ideal. The shower curtains were too small so we always ended up with a flood on the bathroom floor. Better attention to cleaning toilet needs!

All day coffee and biscuits and waffles in the evening - very novel Well Done! Very helpful staff.

Great if you need a hotel just to sleep and have breakfast.
    • Economy Double Room

The room was too little, we couldn't move properly or have space for the (few) stuff we were traveling with. The view was awful (to the neighbor guests), although they advertise the hotel as being close to the water and therefore, nice. No way to see the water from there... Also, the bathroom needs a better system to drain water from the shower. No matter how careful we were, there was water all over after the shower...

The breakfast was ok for the price and the location of the hotel was just right - we could walk everywhere in the city!

No comfort bed.
    • Economy Double Room

Need to clear information about room size and all included.

No comfort bed. Very small for two persons . That was no clear information about not site . Disappointed

Browse Center Hotel traveller photo gallery