Reviews of City Backpackers Hostel 2 stars

Upplandsgatan 2a, 111 23 Stockholm, Sweden

#14 of 144 hotels in Stockholm

Based on 2839 hostel reviews

• Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Be sure to store your food in the fridge pointed to you OR in the kitchen's drawer with your name on it. I left my morning granola on the upper shelf for everyone to see, and even though it had my name and checkout date on it, the next morning the whole package was emptied... :)

A great stay and exceeded my expectations! Easy check-in and fast check-out. Wonderful atmosphere, pleasant staff and guests. Rooms were clean and the kitchen was functional. The 'free coffee all day long' was a nice touch! 10 minutes walk from the train station. I'll be coming back for sure!

• Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

My bunk bed was squeaky, but that's a pretty minor complaint.

Great hostel facilities - lots of couches and relaxation areas, computers with free printing, licensed bar, decent wifi, tours, clean bathrooms. Can't complain really.

• Bed in 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The only thing I missed was window and opportunity to open it for fresh air, especially during the hot summer night.

CBP was my first hostel I have ever stayed in. It's a great place, I slept very well. Facilities were clean and very well maintained. Hostel is in a walking distance to food supermarket Hemkop, 10 min walk to Gamla Stan and Central station. The free pasta was great. :) Im happy that I chose to stay at CBP. I would definitely book it again. Thank you. :)

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

People coming to this hostel must be aware that the majority of rooms/kitchen/bathrooms is placed in the cellar, meaning no day light coming in. The hostel however managed it in a great way to apply lights that actually feel like daylight :) The 4-bed-room I stayed in was very small.

There is a sauna included! Amazing. Extremely nice reception area, great to hang out. Great tours offered by the hostel, free coffee all day long. Very clean, great facilities, Computers for free use. Amazing mexican cheap restaurant around the corner (La Neta).

• Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

Bed doesn’t have curtains and i have to cover phillow&blanket sheet.

Kind staffs, Located in center and i liked that i don’t have to use the key cause it has number key. Also taking off shoes in hostel was interesting for me.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Washrooms were few for the number of people staying. They were not able to clean at regular intervals. Kitchen tap was leaking. Breakfast available doesn't include buffet.

The location is good.

n/a

excellent location, helpful staff room is enough for 8 people (8 ppl dormitory) all showers and equipments in kitchen worked well free pasta provided in the kitchen and it's a good place for making new friends nothing to complain at all

• Family Room (6 Adults)

Having to pay extra for sheets and towels and the shower was exceedingly small.

We as a family were able to have a private space, with our own entrance at the hostel. The location was centrally located for our sight seeing purpose and WiFi worked well!

• Bed in 7-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I stayed in one of many basement rooms and there was no outside light/ windows and air circulation in room was poor. The showers were good but because there was little light in the room it was a hassle when changing and packing.

Superb location, courteous staff and good value.

• Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Brilliant location, you just have to go straight down the street to reach the old town. The train station is literally 5 minutes away. Comfy room with power outlets right by every bunk bed. Plenty of toilets and showers so there never was a problem to find a free one. Extremely friendly and helpful staff, quick check-in and check-out. You can use the shower on the day of the check-out and hang around until 10 PM.

• Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

Perfectly located. I landed in Stockholm quite late and was worried on my check in procedure. The hostel staff send me and detailed email with instructions, they even printed out my check in details and kept it inside the pigeon hole. 7 mins from the main bus station, I was happily checked in for comfortable good night sleep. Oh and there was free pasta too. All we gotta do is buy or make our own sauce. The showers and toilet were all clean and accessible. You gotta pay for the linen but that like a Swedish custom apparently so I was cool with that.

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room Ensuite

The bathroom doesn't have hanger/ hook, that's a bit inconvenient when taking shower.

the location is good, central station (metro, bus terminal, train) is within walking distance. I enjoyed the meatball at Nomad too, it's yummy. Would love to come back again!

• Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

Good location, you can walk from the train station. The room were big and bed confortable. Nice environment in common areas, and good discount in the restaurant next to it.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

Not much. Nice breakfast in the morning. The room was very basic but clean and quite roomy.

The fact that we were able to book a private room with bathroom at a very reasonable rate in downtown Stockholm. We had to smile given that most of our fellows occupants were younger than the age of our children. It has been a long time since we stayed in a hostel. The help carrying our heavy luggage down the stairs was much appreciated.

• Bed in 7-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I didnt like to be in a room without windows, I felt like in a bunker.

I have enjoyed the friendliness of the staff, the possibility to rent a bike inside the hostel and the sauna. Furthermore I have enjoyed the retro/vintage style used for the spaces.

• Bed in 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Good mattress. I slept in a 8 beds dorm and felt like a single room, probably also because of my roommates. Silent, very clean and nice staff. I would recommend it!

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Showers could use some improvement, there is no place to store toiletries while showering or getting ready in the morning. Water gets everywhere due to design of shower, so guests should bring flip flops.

Great location in Stockholm, nice big, clean kitchen for preparing meals. Bed was comfortable and hostel was quiet during the “quiet hours”.

• Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Rooms are dark and as with dorms in general, you can't control sleeping above someone who snores with a cold....

Very much the 'no frills' option for accommodation in Stockholm. I was asked if I wanted sheets for my bed at the reception when checking in... Staff were very friendly and fun and the property clean. Found it hard to find a safe place for my suitcase close to my bed which made everything super awkward. The rooms are very dark bc they are underground but mine had a small skylight. Met a few nice people there though which as a solo traveller outweighed the negatives.

A little bit expensive

Everything was so charming! Loved the building, the outdoors area with great live music and a bar, the bedrooms were cute and comfortable beds. I had booked a bed in a mixed 12 dorm but when I arrived I was told that I had been moved to a girls only 4 bed room, which was aweesome! I'll definitely stay here again! One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at.

• Standard Apartment (6 Adults)

Climbing up a narrow circular staircase with luggage to get to room

Friendly and very enthusiastic helpful staff Great vibe and atmosphere of the place The 6 bed room has 3 bunk beds with a kitchen and private bath and separate toilet-compact but well laid out. Came with towels and linen Very convenient to Stockholm Central Compact lobby with nostalgic bric a brac, very tasteful

• Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

The place was one of the best hostels I have ever been in around the world. Very clean toilets and bathroom, really helpful suff. Free Coffee, Tea and Pasta is something very much for Stockholm. Also they have activities for everyday, I strongly suggest to take the Bike Tour, very nice and helpful guide. We rent Bikes everyday for 150 SEK (Around 15€) and in the city center, bike rents are around 50€ so very good prices and facilities for all.

• Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The location, overall hygiene, kitchen and laundry facility, value for money and nutritious breakfast.

4 bed female dorm was excellent. Great facilities and value for money. Very comfortable.

• Bed in 7-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Being a dorm, you may face issues like roommates snoring.

Great value for money. Overall cleanliness was beyond my expectations considering it is a hostel.

• Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

I really can't say anything bad. Everything was great!

The location is awesome - just five minutes walk from Gamla Stan. Tons of friendly people - both the staff and the other 'travellers' ^^. Everything was clean and tidy.

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

I could give a really good point if the room is well soundproof. Unfortunately, we were able to hear the conversations of people talking in the common area/ music in the bar (although there is silence policy, if people don't follow it, you will have similar problem to us). Our twin room is quite small; the bunk bed was not in good condition either (it was quite shaky when you try to get yourself comfortable in the bed). Overall, keep up the good work and I hope the mentioned problems can be resolved to create better value for guests

Perfect location, very clean and friendly staff. Free sauna, coffee and tea. Cosy Swedish vibe; we like that the design of the hostel a lot! The hostel has bar + restaurant service. They had live music performances while we stayed there as well. It is 7-10 min walk from Central Station so very easy to navigate around the top attraction and the hotel is right next to shopping streets. There are good restaurants, convenience stores in the neighborhood as well.

• Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

It was a little bit.. too fresh in the room, but after about 20 minutes it was completely fine and I actually was glad about it, because we didn´t have any windows in our room and no fresh air, but thanks to that freshness I didn´t get a feeling not to be able to breath or any lack of fresh air in the room. So well done =)

My trip in May was my first trip to Stockholm and I´m very glad I´ve chosen this hostel! Friendly staff, tasty coffee, comfortable rooms and good kitchen. And actually there was everything there to feel comfortable - lots of bathrooms, WI-FI, PCs, different games, space to chill out (wherever you want =) ) The first information about codes and passwords to the rooms, doors etc. were irritating from the sight, but then it was completely fine!

• Bed in 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

It is a little bit hot so I didn’t sleep quite well

Nice location, the best hostel I have ever stayed, I chose the 8 female room, with a single washrooms so that it is convenient to take shower and use the toilet. I checked in late, the staff is very nice to guide me.

• Bed in 12-Bed Dormitory Room

the mattress was so soft (or overused maybe?), I sunk right into what felt like a huge cotton ball and could not roll over to the other side while sleeping because of it. There were no hooks or shelves in the shower rooms, where did everyone leave their stuff or how did you keep it dry while showering? Every night guests in the dormitory came back late (1am, 2am... it was a weekend) and didn't think it would be a bad idea to continue their conversation in a loud voice while getting ready for bed. Those would also be the people who would then give us an evil look when we woke them up at 10am, due to removing the sheets and pillowcases for checkout... Also, I found it strange that the beds in the dormitory do not have curtains around them for more privacy. But I guess that is because of the cultural difference between hostels in Sweden and in Japan?

location was just a short walk from the main station, easy to find and despite being located on a large street, it was quiet at night. The staff was helpful and free luggage storage after check-out was really helpful too. I really liked the kitchen and communal area and that everyone cleaned up after themselves once done cooking and eating (however some people did a better job at cleaning than others...) There were fridges for each dormitory/room and labels to stick on your food.

• Bed in 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Really cool staff, a free sauna, a bar next door, perfect location, nice rooms (light and plugs at each bed), shower and toilet inside the room, big kitchen, big sharing rooms, nice deco. Taking off shoes at the entrance is great !!!!

• Bed in 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

It was such a pleasure to be in this hostel. The hostel service was so nice to me, told me everything I need to now about rules, possibilities and conditions of this hostel. It was amazing how clean it was in rooms and even in toilets. Beds are comfortable, and what was most important for me- it was safe. Thanks for this lovely staying! ❤

• Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

I stayed here a second time, everything is fine. Great location of the hostel - to the railway/bus station 10 minutes walk. Very friendly staff. There is a kitchen and a free pasta) Within a few minutes walk is the central street. There is old city (Gamla Stan) in 20 minutes on foot . I stayed in a 4-bed room - except the beds, there is an armchair, lockers and a mirror.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Linen/towels not included in the price. No locks on the lockers in the rooms - meaning if you want to secure your belong you have to buy one on the spot (and they don't sell them cheaply).

• Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

The showers were a bit spread out and far from the dorms but not really a big issue. The whole place wasn't as social as I expected, it was more for people to have a cheaper place to stay in Stockholm

The staff were very helpful and friendly, the restaurant next door (Nomad) serves great food and hostel stayers get a discount there. The location was perfect and close to lots of eateries and walking tour starting points, and the decor was quirky and had character

No complaints, really :)

Great value for money; convenient location; fabulous staff; free pasta if you're looking to cook for yourself; hostel layout conducive to meeting other guests

• Bed in 12-Bed Dormitory Room

I guess they're trying to be humorous, but it was uncomfortable to navigate in the hostel because the rooms have weird names.

They offer you a free pasta everyday in a kitchen downstairs. There were a lot of travelers whom I was able to hang out and share everyone's travel experiences.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The only thing was that there was a guy who snored sooooo loud and I (and other roommates) couldn’t sleep during the whole stay but that’s not related to the hostel so it’s not even cons

Soooo helpful and kind staff! And they were super friendly! Loved you guys❤️ thanks for all the recommendation of what to do and what to eat! That really helped me a lot as I have no idea what to do in Sweden! Room was clean! Good facility as they have good kitchen, couple areas you can use mac computers, free tea and coffee, good bar right next to it, freeeeeee SWEDISH SAUNA!!! You name it! Everything was just so amazing!

• Bed in 12-Bed Dormitory Room

You have to take off your shoes at the entrance of hostel, every time you're going to the room... but I guess, doing so, you can avoid noises and it contributes to keep the floor clean... therefore it doesn't count as a proper deficiency...

Kind and helpful staff Close to the central station Friendly and cozy environment Nice backyard in common with Nomad restaurant (a "must" if you're going to stay in this hostel)

• Bed in 12-Bed Dormitory Room

There is a supplementary charge for the bedsheets and the facilities are hard to find, it's is almost a maze downstairs.

The location is amazing, right in the city centre and only 5 min by walk to the bus station which is really useful. The entrance is great, clean, and confortable with good coffee. The free pasta in the kitchen are really handy for a quick dinner.

• Budget Twin Room without Window

Didn't have enough bikes for us to use, and could have had better air circulation in the room but not really an issue.

Such a quirky little hostel. Very welcoming and loved the free sauna. Great location. Lovely restaurant next door too, and well priced.

• Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Showers are old and some do not work properly.

The location is perfect, confortable rooms and kitchen, helpful stuff. If you are traveling alone it is a great place to meet people and to make new friendships.

• Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The staff did not have a lot of recommendations for the city. They did not have adequate answers to the questions i asked as well- like what would you suggest for a boat ride in Stockholm? Would expect a hostel staff to know such things

The added facilities at this hostel are amazing. Unlimited green tea near the lobby of the reception with the view is the most comforting after a long day of travel

• Standard Apartment (6 Adults)

The apartment could use an extra mirror outside the bathroom and really needs a new shower head. You had to hold this on in your hand while showering. Besides that everything was comfortable!

• Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

Too few bathrooms, sometimes you had to make line for using it

Excellent location, very clean, the personal súper gentiles, and gave a lot of support and help. Has a sauna

• Bed in 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

A big part of the hostel is underground which made me feel pretty uncomfortable because there was no window in the room! - i didn't know that before, otherwise i would have asked to stay in a room with a window. Sadly that overshadowed my stay a bit. Also the beds are really noisy. That seems to be a common issue in Hostels but it's quite annoying when you try to sleep - i advise you to bring earplugs! No curtains at the beds so prepare for a lack of privacy or build your own little fortress.

- the staff is great and very friendly and helpful! - nice common area at the reception - a quiet policy after 11pm -great breakfast for a very reasonable price :) - good location - well equiped Kitchen with free pasta! - there's also a sauna :) - clean and enough bathrooms

• Bed in 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Amazing place right in the center! Kind and helpful staff, amazing facilities (sauna, equipped kitchen, FREE PASTA,beautiful common rooms) Really clean and comfortable. Friendly hostel, you'll meet a lot of cool people! The experience was 100% positive

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

It’s inconvenient that we need to carry the heavy luggage to walk downstairs for the luggage room

It’s great. All the rooms are clean. Staffs are nice. Many common areas. Decorations are special. Different activities launched for people to meet new friends

• Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

Bathrooms: they were very clean but there just wasn’t enough of them. At busy times you had to wait around or go on a hunt round the hostel to find a free bathroom. When you were in the bathrooms not all had places to put your things and they were wet-rooms so everything got wet. They’d benefit from having an area just with sinks and mirrors so you could just put your make up on, brush your teeth or do your hair without taking us a toilet. Also bit nicer than doing this is a toilet. They were all very clean though.

Staff: staff were very welcoming and helpful. Anything you needed they were on hand. Check in was prompt, lots of information given and very personal. Once id been checked in I was greeted by my name throughout my stay which for me was a lovely personal touch given the amount of people who were staying there! Location: once you’d got your bearings you were literally 10 minutes from everything. Lots around you with everything you needed. Train and bus station in very close proximity to the hostel. Rooms: beautifully set out, clean, good sized lockers and even a coat rack which was very useful. Could use a mirror in there but that’s just me. Take cool clothes to sleep in though as the rooms were like the tropics! Nomads: one word- meatballs 😍 absolutely amazing and Was also very popular with the locals which meant getting a table was sometimes difficult. The outside area was beautiful although still a little cold when we was there however one of the staff got us cushions and a heater so a big group of us could sit there. Drinks vouchers given on arrival but cava was always a good price which is a winner. Overall I loved my stay at this hostel and Would definitely recommend to anyone coming to Stockholm.

• Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Lugguage store room for backpacker only , u won’t take over 25kg Lugguage down to a very narrow round down stair

Nice security system, clean kitchen and nice staff, rooms are clean and big, nice place to stay

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The hostel was full, there was a line to get in the shower in the mornings.

Very near from the central station, the room with four beds is very comfortable, they have free coffee and tea after 11:00 a.m. Enough space to hang out in the lobby or in the place for dining, they have free pasta in the kitchen and everything is coded so you don't have to worry for carrying any key. The hostel was clean in general and they have free sauna at night.

• Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

I just wish they didn’t charge extra for bed linens, but that’s not really a big deal at all.

The Kitchen is amazing. I love that they give you free pasta. A lot of guests have left overs that they put there for everyone to have as well. People were lovely and they have a very strict noise policy, so you won’t be disturbed if you’re a light sleeper because they keep the noise down. It’s very central as well. If I ever go to Stockholm again, this is the place I’ll be staying. I didn’t get to enjoy the Sauna as I didn’t have enough time, but the fact that’s they have one is amazing.

• Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

They have a restaurant but not a bar/pub at most, therenisban area outside but I think only works on summer, so it wasn’t working now!! The rest everything was wonderful!!!!!

Location is the best place!! Modern Hostel well served!! Best I ever stay! Recomendo

• Bed in 12-Bed Dormitory Room

Hostel really nice, I arrived by morning and they let me store my luggage for free and take a shower before the check in. Bedroom and bathroom clean. Nice kitchen. Friendly staff. Perfect locations

• Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

They could have done with more bathrooms, and they were dotted around all over the place so hard to find at first. Mirrors in the rooms would be good too.

The bed was comfy and it was very clean. Perfect location too!

• Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

The extra charge for the bed linen was new to me, but was on the email I got when booking it.

I like the security of the building. The code to the door changes everyday. I liked the lounge area, it was comfortable and accessible 24/7. The free tea/coffee was a nice touch. Very suitable for single backpackers and the age range is mixed but mostly 20-25.

• Bed in 12-Bed Dormitory Room

- reception opens only at 8am so if you arrive early that may be a problem - you don't get assigned to a bed from the start, you pick it when you come into your room, so if you come in the evening the location may not be excellent - you have to bring you own padlock or pay 50 SEK otherwise you can't close your locker - a lot of people staying in the dorm meant I was more worried about my valuables getting stolen - dorm window was below street level, with a lot of noise sometimes in the evening or early morning

- free sauna in the evening! - free luggage storage - very helpful staff - high safety level- door code changing every day, separate locker room code and dorm room code - for a hostel in a low price range it was surprisingly stylish- cool furniture and design, lots of places to sit and chill - meatballs and beer discount in the neighboring restaurant

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Really nice and stylish hipster hostel with great and cheap delicous breakfast. Big nice kitchen with everything you need.. Nice chillout areas in the main entrance. One of my favorite hostels I have been so far. Location: is ok but also not so important as everything can be reached super fast by the great stockholm metro system.

• Bed in 12-Bed Dormitory Room

about breakfast, they said pasta, bread, yogurt were free, but when i asked them, they said it need extra money, so.. it was bit shame.

very cozy and nice people, everything was nice.

• Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

There needs to be hooks or shelves in the showers to put your things down.

The showers were hot! It was helpful that we could print our boarding passes for free using the computers. No shoes indoors ois genius.

• Bed in 12-Bed Dormitory Room

The staff member who was on reception was incredibly helpful and friendly. The hostel decor is great, it has a really nice vibe and atmosphere. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable enough. The bathrooms were very clean. I would stay here again and I would recommend it to others.

• Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

It is a hostel and if you sleep in a 8 people room you find difficult to sleep all night without interruptions but that is assumed from the beginning having chose an hostel.

Great location, I walked everywhere from there in my two days stay. It was very well connected to the central train station and therefore to the airport through the Arlanda express. The staff gave me some good recomendations.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Has to queue for the toilets often in the morning - no toilet roll was often the case in the upstairs toilet... having to walk through the kitchen to get to the showers was not a great experience. Hair in the bottom of the showers was a daily occurrence and not being shown to my room or where facilities were as it was a little bit confusing!

Really comfy beds, large rooms plenty of storage place and nice big windows in the room.

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Pay for your bedding - not too bad though!

The vibe - quirky and urban. Loads of freebies. Staff were all so lovely and fun. Common room was cool. Met really cool people too!

• Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

Nothing really not liked, but rooms quite light during the night so a pair of eye masks are a good idea

Great location close to centre - Lidl food shop close by - Free evening Sauna - Free pasta - Free tea/coffee after 11am - Spotlessly clean - Great hot showers - Secure rooms with lockers and bag storage

• Bed in 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

I didn’t find anything wrong with this hostel.

The rooms were very cozy and had a nice layout. The room has its own bathroom and shower which were super convenient. I highly recommend this hostel

• Bed in 12-Bed Dormitory Room

city backpackers is exellent.Very clean,extra safe for people with changing password every day.there you meet lot people around the world.There is good atmosfere but at night is quiet and you can sleep well,bed is very confortable and have light near bad.Many computers with internet,wifi is exellent in all rooms.They have sauna.Tea and coffe and pasta free all day and night,kitchen have all equipment.Location is perfect close to everywhere.highly recomendatiton

• Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Internet was a bit difficult, I would have liked to know beforehand (before booking) that the sauna ws not available all day. We had guys enterign the sauna area because they were clueless of the time. So some indication would be nice along with some sauna xplanation for those who never did it. I was happy to help but it would be nice to have hints.

Friendlyness, the restaurant next door, the location, the iceskates (I went far and did realized there was one just being), the activities, the firdge allocated per room, and the decoration was stunning. My experience was great and I would come back for sure!

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

We booked a private room and it’s literally a bunk bed in the room and nothing else. Building is quite a maze so finding showers on another floor etc can be little bit annoying and price is around £65 a night. But for backpackers rather than on holiday seems a great place to stay

Great location, quirky building with great facilities for backpackers, kitchen, Apple computers, very warm inside, free pasta and a half price welcome beer

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

1. No sauna the week I was there as it was apparently being renovated - very disappointed as this was a primary reason I chose this hostel. 2. Noisy guests in spite of 11pm kerfew. Nothing done about it. Noisy and loud in kitchen areas, lounge areas, and even in bedrooms. 3. The 'free pasta' is basically a plastic bin of dry pasta you have to cook yourself, so that's no selling point then! 4. Food and drink stolen from the fridge. Overheard someone else complaining of the same thing. You are supposed to take you shoes off indoors in Sweden and there is a sign up near the shoe racks advising you to take your shoes to your room in case they 'go missing.' 5. Unclear arrangements about using the washing-machine. This is not free. You have to pay to use it and the laundry is not always accessible so you have to go and ask at reception. This was not explained to me so I bought my own detergent and put a wash on only to find the laundry door locked. Apparently it turned out that the washing-machine is part of an 'ensuite' room and the guests complained about people using the washing-machine! Staff member was then irritable with Me :( 6. Some of the people you share a room with are loud and inconsiderate, eg listening to music and talking loudly on their phone, talking loudly very late at night when you have to get up early next day grrr. 7. Ridiculously hot in the bedrooms at night. 8. Staff didn't know anything about some of the activities they advertise, eg Swedish folk music and dance on a nearby island. Staff on reception wasn't able to tell me how to get there, or what it was like, or anything useful. 9. Tiny room, like sardines, claustrophobic.

Reception staff on the whole were welcoming, reception areas has cushions and rugs, also free tea / coffee and old Swedish books. The reception area is the best part of the hostel.

• Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

Two of the bedside lamps in our room did not work.

Excellent location, and very helpful staff. We travelled in a group of eight and everyone loved the hostel and the facilities it provided. The common areas were well kept and the kitchen met our needs even when cooking for eight people at a time. We also appreciated the fact that every bed and every locker had a power socket. We would definitely stay at City Backpackers again, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

• Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

Not that it’s a huge deal, but it was like a 23 minute walk from everything I wanted to see. Wouldn’t stop me from staying there again though. I did stay in a second hostel closer to the things I wanted to see as well and it wasn’t as nice and didn’t have the atmosphere of city backpackers. I would prefer citybackpackers. The bathrooms weren’t always the cleanest but with that many people I’m sure it would be quite hard to make sure they were tip top 24/7 if there was anything dirty though it was cleaned very very promptly by one of the many staff members. So is it even a “what I didn’t like then?” I don’t know, I don’t think so.

What can I say that hasn’t already been said? I was really impressed, thought it would be a little hipster and stuck up but everybody was very kind. From the moment I checked in it was happy energy from happy travelling humans. I didn’t encounter anybody rude, and there was a lot of people to encounter. I mostly kept to myself but I love to sit and observe and this was a great place to do just that. Clean, lots of space didn’t feel cramped or overcrowded and I really liked the layout. Also a GREAT perk people were extremely loud and having fun (good thing!) but when you are in your room you don’t hear any of it, the rooms are very good at keeping sound out. There are outlets for each bed, and a reading lamp and the staff is friendly. They have laundry for about 6$ usd I can’t remember how much in kr. A little expensive but it did the job and didn’t take too long, beats having to go sit some boring laundromat while waiting for your laundry. Lots of pasta and people kindly leaving leftover free things for you to add to your pasta. I think if you were looking to make friends this would be a great place to be. Sauna is small and cozy can fit like 6 people sitting comfortably.

Some people of the staff were very nice but others not so friendly (and to some point even showed dome prejudice) or they were "obviously fake friendly". Also if you are travelling on a budget, you better buy yourself some food for breakfast at a near supermarket. But if budget is not an issue to you then go for it because the food is quite good.

The sauna, the organization in the kitchen, the free pasta, the showers, the common places, they were all amazingly good and welcoming and they make a very positive difference when comparing to other hostels.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

You can hear the noises which come from the kitchen or lobby.

One of the best hostels in Europe with its possibilities as a huge kitchen with free pasta or as a nice lobby with free tea / coffee and as an i mac computers. Also, An original architechture which is fascinating.

• Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

shoes off in the room but the floor are cleaned probably only one time a day so may feel a bit uncomfortable sometimes. (when you walk on dusty floor) Beds are a bit too soft. They are a bit collapse in the center, causing a bit of backache.

the quality of facilities are over all satisfying and are above average. great location (near to station and central district). great restaurant/pub next door. friendly staff. free hot water and coffee.

• Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

The general atmosphere of the hostel was fantastic. The staff are really beautiful happy people who love what they do. Music, food and internet exceptional .

• Bed in 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

I did not like that we have to pay for sheets and towels. I expected at least the sheets to come with the price of the bed. The hostel is in a basement so there is not much sunlight. Maybe better during summer when people can use the terrace. I also think there may have been bed bugs as I woke up with bites although not sure if it came from the matress.

Nice common room and kitchen. Really enjoyed the sauna. Room was very large and pretty clean.