Reviews of Comfort Hotel Malmö 3 stars

Carlsgatan 10 C, Norr, 211 20 Malmö, Sweden

#18 of 40 hotels in Malmö

Based on 1976 hotel reviews

• Double or Twin Room

The room was small and noisy. The window looked inside the building. Either it was dark in the room or the people could see what is going on in the room. No way to switch off the air conditioning.

Location and the breakfast was good. The staff was friendly.

• Small Double Room

For my purpose and expectations nothing could be better.

Perfect value for the money! Traveled alone and stayed two nights. This hotel is perfect if you just want a place to sleep in and be out during the day, especially if you're a solo traveller. Stayed in a small room which was perfect place to just get in and out of. Breakfast was also great for the money! Room was clean and fresh. Arrived just before 11 pm and was very happy that there were still staff there that could help me check in even though I didn't tell them in advance. Location also good near the centralstation and only a 15-20 min walk to the city centre.

You have to pay for early check in...otherwise after 15.00

Near the central station, quiet, friendly staff, spacious room(if you choose the right one) and great breakfast.

• Double or Twin Room

We were informed, that can take bikes. We were 3 (2 adults and 1 baby of 3 years). We could get only 1 bike from hotel. But it seemed to be broken. So we were suggested by the personal to get the bikes at the nearest bike rent service (where we took 2 bikes with baby seat). Generally it was cool! At least thanks for the idea! =)

The Breakfasts were perfect! Thank you! The location is perfect! We could travel all Scane Region and we went to Copenhagen (35minutes from hotel)

• Double or Twin Room

Really tiny rooms-- two people, each with a small carry-on suitcase, had real problems moving around the room.

Great location, friendly efficient staff, good breakfast.

• Small Double Room

Bedroom was like a shoe box, really small, very claustrophobic, was pretty dated, couldn't open a window, bed wasn't very comfortable - disappointing!! They should let you know how small it is before you book, as i would not have booked this room if I had know how tiny it was!

Gym was great, location was great, free bike was great, lobby and bar area were very nice, lovely breakfast

• Small Double Room

My room was extremely small - I think, 6m2 max (plus bathroom). The shower was so small that I kept closing the tap each time I moved my arms (and I am a size S woman, not really a giant). The room was facing the lobby and the passage between two parts of the building. Thus, it was in practice a room without window, as I had to keep the curtains shut all the time to prevent exposing myself to all the passers-by and to all the light from lobby. It was also very noisy due to activities in the lobby. Naturally, I could not open the window for fresh air either as it was facing the interior of the building. And I paid full price! Luckily, it was one night only. None of these was mentioned as a possible drawback in the description of the room.

Good location. Very clean. Good choice and quality for breakfast. Comfortable bed.

• Small Double Room

The room (small double room ) was not small, but very very small, less than 12 square feet. The pictures they put on the site is not relevant, you cannot tell if the room is small or no. It vas a little cold in the room but when I told at the reception they gave me some electrical heating aparature and I used it by night.

The property is very close to city center and to central station. From this hotel everything you have to visit in Malmo it is in a walkable distance. The breakfast is very nice.

• Small Double Room

The small rooms are small, but the comfy bed and the pricing makes up for it.

The gym, THE GYM! wow. We got happily suprised over the lazy Sunday concept with the breakfast served until noon and late checkout as late as 6 pm, and that the late checkout didn't had any additional charge.

• Double or Twin Room

A lot of renovating, paid parking. No discount for hotelguests. Slamming heavy roomdoors a lot of noise. No clothhanger/knot in Bathroom.

Perfect breakfast!! Even with making your own waffles 🙂 . Staff of receptiondesk very friendly!! Good food in restaurant

• Small Double Room

In reality the room looked a bit more worn then in the pictures.

Excellent and friendly staff. Really good location close to the central train station, nice parking facility. Breakfast was fresh and of good quality. My room was a bit small, I kept bumping into things.

• Small Double Room

I was not able to sleep as my room was above the reception desk and from 4am on people were making noice as they checked out and I could hear every word while they were waiting for their cabs. My room ,427, did not have AC control and was too warm for my liking during the evening. I walked around floor three a few times trying to find the iron room. There were no signs or even notes in the room about where it was. The staff also was not very helpful in this instance as they just pointed me in one direction which then needed three more turns to show me exactly where the room was.

The location was very close to the central station which was nice.

• Small Double Room

Nothing to complain about.

Great hotel for us train travellers. I've stayed there numerous times, and the experience only gets better. Great breakfast deserves a special mention.

• Small Double Room

The rooms are much too small. You don't have space to move in the room 2 people simultaneously and if you are taller than 1.75 you don't fit into bed.

The people that are working at the front desk are very nice and kind, and the breakfast was excellent!

• Small Double Room

The hotel is next to the central station and the city center is very close. The room was small, but clean and we have everthing what we need. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was excellent and tasty.

• Small Double Room

Price seems to go up regularly cause booking at more or less the same price we keep getting smaller and smaller rooms...

Overall good location especially to go right after into CPH airport.

• Double or Twin Room

The staff have no responsibility towards their guests in term of safety. No/poor wi-fi in rooms - they had to provide us with a portable WiFi router No kettle, no tea or coffee in room The cupboard only had one shelf the other one was broken There was very dirty stains on the curtains and wall

Location was good

Small room

very good hotel. the location is excellent, right next to the main station. From the central street some 300m. Staff very kind. The hotel is very clean and neat. Wifi is a high-quality signal. The restaurant and bar are excellent, large and rich selection of food and beverages. The rooms were neat and comfortable, it was a bit smaller but it did not bother. The hotel is in eco style and a blend of modern and retro. Each recommendation

• Double or Twin Room

The balcony should have been furnished and personlized. With that price I think it would be apropiate to have a bottel of water or two wating for you in the room?

Modern, clean and practical.

• Double or Twin Room

Only one pillow each in the bed, having two pillows each is a must. We asked the staff in the reception for two more and that was not a problem, shortly after they brought the pillows to our room 👌🏼

Beds very comfortable. We got a nice room in a quiet area of the hotel, so we had a good nights sleep. Bathroom was clean. Breakfast was good.

• Double or Twin Room

Poor breakfast & technical issues with the room. No fresh coffee, no fresh squeezed orange juice, no options for vegans. Blocked sink drain, external door difficult to close & lock, broken floor lamp. No over night charger for electrical car.

Clean & fresh

• Double or Twin Room

Coffee 20 Skr in the lobby, why? Breakfast was ordinary, where is the fruits for example. Not so much Environment image. Take care of the planet!!

Interior design and rent a bike for free. Nice with 4 m to the celing. Got a room Before check in :-)

• Small Double Room

It was very nice to have a couple of options for us Vegans for breakfast. The lady that checked me and my girlfriend in was super helpful! The option for a late check out on a sunday really saved us. My girlfriend was feeling a bit sick so to be able to sleep in and relax was great! Would definetly stay there again!

• Small Double Room

The smallest room I have ever been in my life, but functional. Our room view also was on the corridor of the other rooms and as the bed is just touching the window by one of its side, I felt uncomfortable.

This hotel is in the most perfect location in malmo, you can see it from the train station. As a reverse to most European cities, the station area is so classy and safe. Since a lot of people come to malmo from Copenhagen by train , go to Lund and other towns using trains and use Copenhagen airport from malmo; I think it is the most value of time and money to stay there. You can walk from the hotel to city center in 2 minutes. The most important thing that I extremely like is that we had to leave at 6:00 am before the usual breakfast time; which is at 7:00 am. They told us that there will be a small buffet for us but surprisingly we found a very big buffet I think it is the usual buffet minus the hot items. There was people doing the same and we felt it as the usual breakfast that unfortunately we did not have the chance to experience. The hotel is very clean and stylish.

• Double or Twin Room

Our standard room was tiny. No wardrobe, just hooks on the wall with hangers, no shelf or drawer space at all, we had to use the windowsill. You could leave you stuff in a suitcase but there's nowhere to put that either. Our carry on bags slipped under the bed but I doubt you would have that option with a full sized case. Double bed had one side against a wall so the person there had to climb over their partner to get out. Shower room was equally tiny, the space out side the shower was about the same size as that itside. Sneaky peeks into other rooms whilst cleaner was active showed all rooms on our floor were much the same. All this is ok for a few days maybe but any longer or with more luggage would make it impractical.

Excellent location particularly if you arrive by train, you can see the hotel from the rear of the station. 5 minute walk into town, the easiest route is through the station, not something I would recommend in many cities at night but here it was clean, bright, busy and safe. Public ares were stylish, staff helpful and breakfast excellent. Having just stayed in Copenhagen the hotel was bargain priced - it would be possible to stay here and commute in each day and still save a lot of money.

• Small Double Room

We had a small double room, it was really small but absolutely amazing. The bed was really cozy, the wiev from the window was nice. It is near the city centre so we could wal all over the city. You can rent a bike there, which is just perfect for going to the beach. Breakfast was amazing, fruit, vegetables, eggs, bacon or pancakes with cream. Everything was there!

• Small Double Room

Nothing that I didn't like. Even though I had a lower floor hotel room, there was no noise from outside.

Value for money. Very friendly staff. Large choice in breakfast which opens already from 6.30 AM on weekdays. Excellent location as I normally continue my journey by train the next day. The bed is very comfortable and so is the bathroom.

• Small Double Room

Small double room really tiny. Actually a single room that can occupy two persons. Ok for max two nights, I should say. Only few hangers for your clothes, no shelves.

Good location next to central railway station and frequent train connection to Copenhagen airport. Late breakfast and check out on Sundays. Quiet and tidy room. Liked the lighting of the room.

• Double or Twin Room

We had booked the room on the website which was 17 sq.mtr but we were provided with the 12 sq.mtr room, which was not acceptable because there is a price difference for the rooms. When confronted with the question about room size, the staff was not friendly and we had to stay in the smaller room for higher price paid for bigger room.

• Small Double Room

Small technical problem that disturbed my sleep. However, that was well compensated.

Everything was fine. There was a minor technical issue but the hotel compensated that well to me. Excellent customer service indeed. Decoration in the lobby area is fresh and very innovative.

• Small Double Room

It is unfortunate that free parking is not available to hotel guests.

The breakfast selection was nice and wide. The interior of the whole hotel building is modern and stylish.

• Double or Twin Room

We booked a double room (with the remark that a child comes with us), and they got a small double room (room about 12-13 m2, there is no place for things, no hair dryer….The picture and description of the booked room is not as real). We had no place to put things. And they did not want to admit they gave us a small room (They said rooms of different sizes). We were disappointed.

Good location, very nice hotels loby. Good breakfast.

• Small Double Room

Very good breakfast. We booked a "small room for two persons", small indeed but right value for money. Good option when you stay for one night.

• Small Double Room

Room (category small double room) opened onto the main atrium, which was quite noisy -- OK for one night "railway hotel" stopover, but not recommendable for a longer stay. The hotel's colour (or lack of it) and lighting (high contrasts) scheme -- probably exactly as the designer intended, but rather difficult for this 60-year old with a minor vision problem.

Perfect location right next to the railway station.

• Small Double Room

Small room, but for short stay enough.

Perfect breakfast- I enjoy it so much. Rent bike for free and ride in the town. Friendly and profesional stuff.

• Small Double Room

We could have checked out in the afternoon but we did not know that and they did not told us at check-in. We would have appreciated to know that.

Great breakfast! We appreciated the fact that being sunday the breakfast was served until 12.

• Small Double Room

Most hotels in Scandinavia are pretty basic in terms of what they offer, but at least I expected high standard in terms of cleanliness. It wasn't quite so. 1. The comforter on the bed was smelly. 2. Breakfast plates where dirty. Bad quality coffee had to pay for espresso.

Nothing particularly exciting, but nothing terrible either, except for the issues with cleanliness noted below.

• Small Double Room

Staying in hotel with a dog costs you special fee ''ONLY'' 25eur (not depend on lenght of stay, of course) and you get the smallest room in hotel on the ground floor.

Hotel was nice, room was clean and the breakfast was very delicious.

• Small Double Room

I felt the pictures of the room were quite deceptive. Of the 10 or so pics shown on this website, only 1 or 2 are of the room I actually got (small double). The others are of a standard double (which is the room I thought I was getting). So I was very disappointed, especially since the price was similar to other standard doubles at nearby hotels.

Its a great location. Also I arrived early and was allowed to check in immediately.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Small Double Room

Nice location, direct at the Trainstation. Friendly staff. Scandinavian style modern rooms. Good breakfast. Ideal if you need a Hotel in Malmö for one night.

• Double or Twin Room

Design of the room, comfy bed and chairs. Beautiful desing of the Hotel, the engineering solution of combining the new art with a traditional building. We enjoyed to feel to be a prestigious guest of Comfort Hotel Malmö. The extremely friendly and professional staff.

• Small Double Room

The value for money was not good.. as it was very small space for two. We felt the space could have been more.

Breakfast was good. Restaurant had a good ambience. But rooms are very small, it was very suffocating. Little more spacious rooms are expected.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Small Double Room

The room was quite small (but that is cleary advertised). However, for a stay of 3-4 days it's perfect - so no complaints.

Good location, very close to Malmö Central station. Excellent breakfast with wide variety of choice. Free coffee/tea at any time. Amazingly helpful and friendly staff at front desk.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Small Double Room

The room was too small, we couldn't fit our luggage in there. Probably the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in and was expensive.

The hotel is close to central station which was great because we were travelling by train.

• Small Double Room

No control over airconditioning apart from opening the window which could have been OK except for the very vocal drunk slumped just outside for a few hours and the delivery trucks with reversing bleepers (both of which were solved by closing the window again but which brought back the problem of the uncontrollable aircon!).

Handy location, complimentary tea and coffee, good breakfast, very handy for railway station

• Small Double Room

Room was small but good value

For a bargain e50, you really could ask for more. Comfy bed, warm shower, cool reception and good breakfast. Malmo is cool, so go...

• Small Double Room

The staff were not very interested in the guests. Three persons stood in the bar talking instead of taking care of the guests. In the reception they were ok but not very interested to help. The night receptionist was very very nice

The hotell was ok. Hard to park a car

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Small Double Room

Room was on the inside of the hotel, facing the inner center of the building which is covered above with glass with the restaurant on the bottom. Because of this, windows can't be opened and the ventilation is done mechanical through the wall. Vent can't be stopped so a buzzing sound can be heard all day/night. Toilet was a bit smelly, but clean.

Very nice hotel near the city center just across the Central Station in Malmo. Staid there for 3 night with my partner in their very small rooms. Despite the room size, which is approximately 3x2m (not exaggerated it is very small) it felt cozy for a young couple. The room was very clean and the staff came by everyday to change towels and trash bins. Staff overall is very friendly and helpful and they speak English well. Internet works really well, however even if it is free they have a ticket system in place and you need to change the username and password every 24 hours. Breakfast was good and had plenty of choices, however they were the same every day. Overall experience was really nice, and the hotel has a very good value for money.

• Small Double Room

My room was very small with bed next to the wall with the window. It was impossible to open the window without getting into the bed first. Hairdryer was not included. Additional bath towels would be nice.

Excellent location. Very good breakfast. Friendly staff. Value for the money.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Small Double Room

"Small double rooms" are indeed very small. I was alone in the double bed but if sharing one person would need to climb over the other. Still they were advertised correctly so can;t complain.

Great service - kept the kitchen open for our late arrival. Excellent breakfast

• Double or Twin Room

There are differences in quality and size of different rooms depending if they are in the new or old part of the building. However no difference in prices

Good location walking distance from Malmo central station

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

• Small Double Room

More free bikes can be added. we always had them at our disposal but there were only 3 of them.

Awesome breakfast. Free coffee Good location. Very friendly staff Small but cute rooms Free bike rental.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Small Double Room

Sometimes the room can be super small, but it doesn't matter if you are going only to stay for a night.

The closest to Malmö central station, the cheapest option, nice and fresh rooms. It is very easy to get to train station and there are at least 3 trains between 4 and 5 in the morning if you need to get to Copenhagen airport really early.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Small Double Room

not until i asked (the morning after) for wifi the front desk did not offer its password

everything including breakfast and the hotel ambiance and decor

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Small Double Room

A minor objection that certainly relates also to other hotels than Comfort Hotel Malmö: their WiFi login procedures don’t work if you have non-standard DNS settings in your laptop’s network configuration (such as the Global DNS settings I usually have). So in order to use the hotel’s WiFi system, DNS settings will have to be modified. That’s easy enough, AND irritating.

I’ve stayed numerous times at Comfort Hotel Malmö during my train travels, and it has always been a pleasure. Check-in procedure is fast, efficient and friendly, and if you ask, doubles as checkout. Room (and also bathroom) is spacious and well thought out, and breakfast is excellent, with great bread selection (Danish rye bread worth a special mention). Great bed and I slept well.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Double bed was two singles that kept splitting apart every time you rolled over. Both myself and my partner fell onto the floor between both beds during the night. We could have hurt ourselves. A double should be at the least able to be locked together to avoid this.

Great decorations/wall papers and the hotel itself is funky cool. Food is great too.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

A few problems with heating the first night. The room key kept being demagnetized

The location is excellent. Less than 1 minute walk from Malmö Central Station and very close to the city center.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

It would be nice to have hair-dryer in the bathroom but no problem - they hand them out in reception up on request. Also it could have been warmer in the room.

Great location right next to Central Station. Receptionist at the check in was extremely nice and polite. Really enjoyed the warm welcome. Room was a bit small but perfectly clean. Nice breakfast with a good variety of choice.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel was very cold, the central light in our room didn't work and also at the beginning we were accommodated in an economic room which wasn't what we payed for.

The breakfast was very delicious, also the blonde girl at the reception was super nice and kind. The location was good and the interior design was great.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Location accross the main bus station , where you have bus to Copenhagen. Everything is near. Very clean and modern hotel. Rooms are same as on foto`s. Breakfast was grat with everything what we need (eggs ham fruit, different drinks, pancakes) On Sunday they are serving late brekfast untill 12:00 PM and they let us stay until 18:00 for free. Free wi-fi in rooms. And internet conection near reception on lap-top for free.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Small Double Room

The room was quiet small. The width was just 2m, only space for the bed. A person taller than 1.85cm might have to sleep with the knees bended.

The facilities are quiet nice, with new furniture and design.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Small Double Room

Single room with very little space, it fits one bed +4m2 for the entrance and wc access.

Interesting architecture, old building that was renewed. Beautiful breakfast and dinner area, with a seven stories open ceiling. Lots of space and good design in the common area,

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

the room was very clean but looked rather old (chipped paint etc) and the bathroom was really tiny. Bed was very soft

Great location, very friendly staff, very nice building, good wifi, and the breakfast buffet was excellent

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

I booked a double room for my husband for 1 night Sept 16-17 to stay in Copenhagen for 1 day after a business trip. When he arrived, the boy at reception registered him and gave room key. Unfortunately, the room was completely different from what we saw at pictures - it was small, dirty, moreover it was for disabled people. When he returned to reception and asking to change this room to the one we booked and already payed (!), he was advised that there were no available rooms in the hotel. After some disputes and when he requested for money return, free room suddenly appeared in the hotel. Of course it was not what we booked - still small and dirty. Very disappointing.

location is nice

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast-room was not very nice. Dark an not very nice area at all.

Ok Hotel when traveling with dog. Nice quiet room. Breakfast was good. You can buy train tikets from reception.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Small Double Room

Beautiful hotel! Very clean rooms and delicious breakfast. It is in front the Malmo Central Station so it was very convenient for us for taking the train next morning.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Small Double Room

No fridge. Short curtains, lights in the window.

Good breakfast included. Place to leave your luggage before check-in or after check-out. Good location: near Central station. Contemporary and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The location of the hotel is great, few minutes walk to the centre. Staff is really nice and very attentive. The room is beautiful and comfortable. There is a wide choice for breakfast. "Lazy Sunday" option is superb, we could stay until 6pm in our room on Sunday. Free coffee and tea during the day which is also great.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Small Double Room

Perfect location! Very comfortable and clean rooms. I loved the music theme. Great staff, great price, great hotel :) I will definitely stay there, if I visit Malmo again.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Small Double Room

Unfortunately no good view from the window. Apart from that everything was perfect for a 3* hotel.

The hotel offers excellent value for money and it is better than the other three-star hotels I stayed in Malmö. The hotel is located next to the train station. It is very near to the city center and tourist attractions. The neighborhood seems calm and it is convenient for sightseeing. The room was small but nice and clean. The bed was comfortable. The breakfast was excellent. There was a free WiFi with very good coverage in all areas of the hotel. The staff is very nice and friendly. I enjoyed the opportunity to have a cup of tea at the lobby each time when I felt cold after coming back from a walk in the city :)

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Was very cold in room, not work. climate system is not working. Staff offered to wait a couple of hours. in the morning, it was also cold. The air conditioning does not work. Was very cold.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Bathroom too small - I did not get a room with bath as I have requested; upon arrival the wrong room was given to me - from what I booked through booking.com. Room that was given was spacious except for the bathroom - very cramped and small. Was also smelly and I reported it several times and only date of departure was it addressed. Staff member was not very friendly when I pointed out wrong room was given. Only when I said I will have to report it to booking.com, did she give me the new room. The initial one was very bad - double bed covered about the entire floor space and one bumped yourself every time you want to go to the bathroom. Not up to standard (the room given). Other colleagues also complained. . Room was also dark - 2 lights in room were not working. The fee charged was far too high for what one received.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Small Double Room

Everything. Across the road from the central train station. Staff were pleasant. Breakfast was very nice. Room was clean and we even had a free upgrade.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Small Double Room

Tiny room by the entrance. We asked how much a taxi would cost from there to the Arena and they said 79kr and it was 225kr. Need nicer bartenders.

Bed was comfortable. Good location.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Small Double Room

Switch from Lipton to another tea brand ;)

The staff was lovely (helpful & smiley), we had a large bed (and not 2 small beds put together as in other hotels) and there was hot water for tea and coffee available in the lobby and at the reception at any time.

Browse Comfort Hotel Malmö traveller photo gallery