Reviews of Connect Hotel Stockholm 3 stars

Götalandsvägen 216, Älvsjö, 125 44 Stockholm, Sweden

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

good hotel for business and pleasure
    • Standard Twin Room

The entry is a bit underwhelming compared tot the rest of the hotel.

Good location in relation to the city center and the eventhall across the station. The small sauna is a nice bonus.

Great value for money in otherwise expensive Stockholm
    • Standard Twin Room

Very good value for money, cleaning stuff was great! A bit out of town centre, but very well connected through cheap public transport that takes you directly to heart of the city in 10 minutes (by taking a train that costs between 31-44 Swedish crowns).

Quite a good concept and good price for Stockholm
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (No Window)

Rooms have no Windows and extremely small and cramped. You Need your room Card for every move made as door locks. Sauna OK although it must be reserved.

Interesting concept. Very modern and no frills but good breakfast and very cheerful breakfast room.

Good breakfast and a nice common room with TV, books and...
    • Standard Twin Room

Sauna is not usable at all, the receptionist always said that somebody just booked it and I can try it again on the next day. TV in the room is so small that it is not possible to watch it.

Good breakfast and a nice common room with TV, books and movies.

Reasonably priced hotel for 1-2 nights
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (No Window)

1. We had a room with shared bathroom and no window. Room was small but clean and cozy. It was my first experience of such hotels but I should admit that cleanliness of bath and toilet could be better. I noticed some rubbish in the evening and at 8 a.m. it was still there. I believe staff had more than 10 hours to clean it but did not care. It was the only unpleasant thing that happened during 2 days.

1. Location is great. Just 5 minutes walk to train station than is connected with metro network. Easy access to centre of the city 2. Nice staff 3. Clean rooms. 4. Good breakfast including some lactose free and gluten free products 5. Reasonable price

Basic hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

In our room the wifi signal was poor , we couldn't connect to the net in the room.

The price was good , if you want a place just for sleeping it's good option, facilities are basic.

the girl at the reception not very friendly, I do not...
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (No Window)

the girl at the reception not very friendly, I do not explain anything about the location of the bathrooms, nothing the room dirty and stained ... the uncomfortable iron bed and the hard bread of the breakfast ... very bad

Great Hotel for a quick stay in Stockholm!
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (No Window)

Very clean Rooms are perfect Prices apt and the breakfast buffet was delicious 2 min walk to local metro station Parking space and friendly staff. Loved it here!

Nice stay only when I was out of my room
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (No Window)

Too few bathrooms and showers per guests. Out of 3 showers, shared among 30+ rooms, one did not have anything to leave the clothes on and in the other one cold water was not working. 95 Kr for a frozen pizza was a bit too expensive, even for Sweden. Rooms are really small; mine had no windows.

Beautiful interior design. The place was sparkly clean. Really kind staff.

I was sleeping in the room without windows and shared...
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (No Window)

I was sleeping in the room without windows and shared bathroom. I would be expecting better and configurable AC. In the room, it was so hot and frankly, there is no way to make it cooler. The shared toilet and showers weren't soo clean, there was also now easy way to store your cloths to not make them wet -- you had to be very careful :)

I could recommend it only for a VERY short stay, if you are not claustrophobic...
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (No Window)

It's hard to understand why the toilets have to be opened with a pin code, but never mind... The rooms without windows are of course not comfortable in general so I did not expect much, but I was actually very disappointed anyway. Given the pictures provided here on booking, I expected that my room will be a bit bigger and that it will be equipped with a chair and table, but it wasn't. It was extremely small, with a nonsense picture on the wall (I was constantly knocking my arm against it). Also, the room had ordinary tungsten lightning so after 1-2 hours keeping it on the temperature in the room was rising 1-2 degrees C. I can't imagine turning the TV on in such situation. Finally, the room was ventilated through a small hole in the ceiling (with no option to adjust the flow), but for some reason it was turned off for 1-2 hours in one of the nights so you can imagine how nice it was to try to fall asleep in a room without windows and without ventilation.

The hotel is clean and conveniently located (close to rail station, bus stop, conference center and there's a nice park nearby). Beds are quite comfortable and breakfast is quite good (you definitely won't leave hungry). The personnel is friendly.

Rooms were clean and it was great that breakfast was...
    • Standard Twin Room

Staff was very busy and didn’t really care for the customers.

Rooms were clean and it was great that breakfast was included. 24h reception was good for us. Location was good.

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (No Window)

Nothing really. Just a note to advise that when you book your room, make sure you chose a room with private bathroom.

Clean room. Basic but nice breakfast choice. Friendly helpful staff.

Good for a plan B short night stay only
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (No Window)

The bedroom without a window is smaller than HK tiniest rooms. Fortunately, the ventilation inside was OK.

The staff is friendly. Breakfast is not too bad. The common bathroom is kept clean.

so and so
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (No Window)

I had a room with common bathroom and toilet. I was very disappointed with the hygiene of this common area. Moreover the showers were just decrepit and moldy, certainly not newly renovated as I read on booking.com. They were small and there was no room at all to get undressed and keep your stuff dry while showering.

Great location. Easy access to conference centre and 5 minute walk from train station with very frequent train connection to stockholm city. Nice staff.

Perfect stay near Stockholm!

Noting

Excellent breakfast, wonderful staff, safe car park, convenient location to use public transport to travel to the city center, clean room and bathroom. Highly recommended and great value for money.

Yes and No!
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (No Window)

Unfortunately the windowless room was unbearably hot, with no fresh air circulation.Staff are aware of the problem and are hoping to get it remedied in the future but I believe it will be sometime.i would have booked the ensuite rooms if they had been available, as I was there 1night only I coped, however any longer and I would have moved hotels.

Friendly staff, very clean, as was the shared bathrooms.

Enough and delicious breakfast.
    • Standard Twin Room

Last night it was too noisy. Some people closed the doors noisy.

Enough and delicious breakfast. The transport is very good. T Centralen is only 15 minutes to get there.

Great value for money!!!
    • Standard Twin Room

Very good location for sightseeing - 3 stops from the central station and trains every few minutes. The breakfast was simple but good enough. Rooms are cosy. Totally worth it.

It was a place with a bed and a shower
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (No Window)

Closed rooms with no ventilation, subpar beds, staff was not helpful regarding questions about transportation, one bathroom for too many rooms, loud guests

Well connected

A hostel, not a hotel. Rude staff, that in my experience, might try to scam you.
    • Standard Twin Room

More like a hostel, not a hotel. The elevator did not work. Strange smell in the staircase. The room (with a bathroom) is very small. No proper bathroom door. The staff was somewhat rude and unhelpful. The parking possibility was not great and someone had damaged our car door during the night. My bigges issue with this place: I had informed the hotel about our dogs that travel with us when booking the hotel. I also asked them to inform me if there was a fee for the pets. They informed me about the pet fee (150 SEK per night) only AFTER the free cancellation time had expired. I answered to the hotels message stating that I found this a bit unfair since my possibility for free cancellation had already expired. The hotel claimed that they don't see the extra information the client writes in booking.com when making the reservation usually until the day of arrival. Well, I have traveled with my dogs numerous times during the past year and nearly always make the reservation via booking.com. This was the first time ever the hotels claimes that they don't get the info in advance. Usually I have gotten a response from hotels in a few hours after making the reservation. We arrived to the hotel late at night with our kids and 2 dogs. So surprisingly at the check-in they want to charge me 300SEK (!) per night for my 2 dogs. Unwilling to lower the charge that all of a sudden doubled! The person at desk blamed the system on the booking.com (that in my experience happens only in this particular "hotel"). I had no choice but to call the booking.com customer servive who we very apologetic and friendly. So the staff from the booking.com called the hotel staff and all of a sudden it was possible to lower the price! We ended up paying less than 100SEK extra for the dogs. Did we get an apology from the hotel staff - no way! Not so nice to use extra 30 minutes for this late at night with tired kids with us.

Comfortable bed. Good staff. Free breakfast.
    • Standard Twin Room

Getting there was a bit of a hassle. It was a bit of a walk from the station and there was tiny rocks all over the roads and paths making it very difficult for us to drag our bags there. Cabs were too expensive just as everything else in this city. And the room was a little small.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Everything was very comfortable. Breakfast came included with the room which was a good bonus. overall it was a good place to stay, and the later checkout time was very good for us to have a long overdue sleep-in.

4.5
    Parking with a charger for elektric vehicle.
    • Standard Twin Room

Smell of cat urine in the room and loe of noise from the street at 6 am. the use of leafblower cut sleep short

Parking with a charger for elektric vehicle.

The personnel was helpful during check in and the amenities...
    • Standard Twin Room

I had sent my extensive allergy listing in advance in order to secure a breakfast that was compatible with my diet. I was promised, at check in, that if I had any questions regarding some products at breakfast I would get information from the information desk. Unfortunately the personnel present at breakfast did not know anything about the contents of the products served when I asked them. The WiFi was mostly congested so it was not what I had expected. The shower glass could do with a better cleaning or change.

The personnel was helpful during check in and the amenities were as I had expected. The location was excellent for persons attending exhibitions at Stockholmsmässan, 15min walk. The room was spacious and clean.

The best budget hotel in Stockholm
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (No Window)

Small room. And for this price in Sweden you cant complain that the room has no window and shared bathroom. Maby they have more expensive room with window and private bathroom. That you have to check. Not so good ventilation. Otherwise a really nice budget hotel.

A really nice hotel for that price. And also a good breakfat. But I missed the bacon and eggs. Very fresch hotel. Nice relscing bar and public area. Close to traindtation and the Älvsjö exhibition hall (Stockholmsmässan).

The staff was really nice and helpful.
    • Standard Twin Room

The staff was really nice and helpful. The hotel is located just 5-10min by foot from the train station, which takes you directly to the center of Stockholm. The breakfast was also great.

Great return!
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (No Window)

Everything was great - the 2nd time I have been here and would go again! They even kept my bags on the day I checked in until my ride arrived late in the day...very accommodating.

Comfortable stay Close to city centre
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (No Window)

The staff was really helpful and made our stay as comfortable as possible. The Location was just a few stops away from the central station and the hotel was in five minutes walking distance from the station. That was really good. Breakfast offered cereals, yoghurt, different breads and cheese and meat topping and frech fruit and vegetables as well.

It worth the money you pay
    • Standard Twin Room

Breakfast didn't include any sort of hot food (e.g. Omelet, Sausage, etc.)

Location was good, just 3 station from the city center (around 20 minutes)

Excellent choice for Stockholm city
    • Standard Twin Room

We have nothing to declare as possible issue at this hotel.

Everything was great. Location very good, easy to reach Stockholm city center. Connection made by commuter rail numbers 35,36 38 for 3 stops. Staff was excellent, ready to help in any situation very kind women work at any shift. Breakfest was awesome, pleanty of all kind of food for every taste something also for coffe and juice. Twin room with private toilet, clean a comfortable. For this price the best joice definitely . We've stayed for 3 night and we will stay here again, when we visit this wonderful city ☺

I imagine this is what it's like to stay at the YMCA.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (No Window)

Checking in at night is slow and hard to do because reception is also a bar at those hours. I had to stand and wait for people to put in drink orders and for the single employee to make the drinks before I could check in. Employee didn't even acknowledge me while I was waiting in line with all of my luggage - just to say something like "hey sorry it's busy right now, but we'll get you checked in soon." Regarding the inner no window rooms, there is no way to control the climate of your room - I was perpetually hot, but as I also had no window I couldn't even open a window to cool the room down. Parking is not included in the price, considering the location (it's further from stockholm than you think), it's a bit surprising it isn't included, and then it's pricey for where/what it is. Bathrooms are kind of like locker rooms - always have a weird smell.

Cheap. 24/7 coffee.

The location of the hotel took all the stress out of getting to the airport.
    • Standard Twin Room

That I couldnt stay longer!

I travelled straight from Arlanda Airport by train to Alvsjo station and the hotel was around the corner! Staff was uniformed, friendly and very professional! We wanted for nothing, our every request was granted with minimum fuss. I have my perfect hotel when staying in Sweden as my partner lives there. Very impressed! P.S. Have the buffet breakfast when you stay!

Good budget choice for Stockholm
    • Standard Twin Room

Conveniently located, close to Station , shops, and restaurants. Room was clean and facilities were modern. Breakfast was varied and ample. Staff were friendly and very helpful. A good budget choice in Stockholm.

The staff was so nice and helpful,everything in a hotel was...
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (No Window)

The staff was so nice and helpful,everything in a hotel was really clean. Photos at hotel's web site as same as a reallity (clean, nice facitilies, modern). And sure I must to mention about really tasty breakfast. I recommend :-)

Quiet room for a good price.
    • Standard Twin Room

When we arrived we found the red decorating pillows in our room very dirty. Toilet paper was the thinnest I ever saw. A small mat for our bathroom floor or a second towel for each guest had been nice.

The room was nice and quiet. The Stuff really friendly and helpfull. We had a great breakfast. The Hotel is easily reachable by SL Pendeltag trains which are driving every 10 minutes and are included in SL-72hour-tickets for the Subway/Metro/Tram.

Good value for money, good breakfast;
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (No Window)

Minor: self-closing doors to the rooms is not so smooth. I don't see why it is needed? Adult people manage to close doors on their own. (All morning: bang-bang-bang in doors but not so loudly and no problem.)

Good value for money, good breakfast; good ventilation in room

Don't make requests online, they will not remember!
    • Standard Twin Room

Limited breakfast choices (scrambled eggs and fruits can be a good addition). I'm also disappointed that they emailed and confirmed to charge my credit card in advanced upon booking a non-refundable accommodation. I requested this since I don't usually carry credit card when travelling and did not want to carry around tons of cash as well. I told the receptionist that this was the case, but she did not listen even when I showed the email they sent me. I guess the hard part is not having enough Swedish currency to pay in cash. Fortunately it was this instance when I had my credit card and was able to pay on the spot. Otherwise it was very inconvenient and upsetting knowing that they confirmed my request!

Really close walking distance to Alvsjo train and bus station! They serve breakfast at 6:00 am which is good if you have an early flight. The train connection from Alvsjo is direct to Marsta (then bus 583 right when you get off), which is very convenient if you want to use the SL card to go to Arlanda airport (instead of paying extra for the airport express; consuming the same amount of time for travel and more convenient since you dont have to walk long)

The breakfast is very varied and nice.

everthing is better

The breakfast is very varied and nice.The staff here are particularly friendly .They gave us a lot of help,We'll stay here next time. nice experience

If you are looking for the cheapest variant in Stockholm - this is yours. Worth every penny.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (No Window)

The room is like coffin. So small, no windows (ok, hotel wrote that in the title, so no surprises) and very lazy ventilation system (that could be fixed). Doors and walls are very thin - you can hear from the hallway, but thank God - neighbors were more less quiet. Toilet and shower is far away and a few for the whole hotel.

Friendly staff, close parking, good with dogs.

Had a Problem But Direct Hotels Fixed it to Our Complete Satisfaction

See above comment

We had a problem when we arrived at this property which is located outside of Stockholm City on the third floor of a building that did not look like a hotel. After a long and tiring drive from Olso Norway to this location in the late afternoon we were told the room we had booked back in February was not available. After some negotiation they offered us a free taxi back and forth to another Connect hotel in downtown Stockholm near Fridhemsplan at the same price. That hotel and the room we got was really nice so all the comments are for the Fridemsplan location which I am sure was more expensive than the one we booked. It turned out that location allowed us to do some sightseeing downtown that we had not planned on and the taxi back to the original location allowed us to hookup with friends that dropped us off there with no hassle to them. The Direct Hotels management handled this situation in a very professional manner so we were very happy. Direct Hotels is a good place to stay!

Inside it looks much much better then from outside!
    • Standard Twin Room

Cleaning woman starts early in the morning and it could disturb the sleep.

Clean ans comfortable rooms, good to reach with public transport, it takes 20-25min from hotel to the centralstation upstairs (long walks in Stockholm City station).

We chose accommodation with a shared bathroom, everything is...
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (No Window)

We chose accommodation with a shared bathroom, everything is fine and clean. But the bed was very narrow and soft, and probably too long, so she was not comfortable. But the receptionist was willing, explained everything. Breakfast tasty, standard, classic Swedish table

Thrifty but not worth the bargain.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (No Window)

There was pee on the bathroom floor, often. The rooms were stifling with no fan or ventilation.

The staff were accommodating and for free breakfast it wasn't bad.

Very Happy with the hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

Hotel doesn't have voltage adapters/converters available for loan, alas (I should have brought more than 1!)

Wonderful continental breakfast every morning, comfortable rooms (small, but that seems standard for nordic hotels!), and a super helpful staff. Definitely would stay again.

Ok
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (No Window)

Not enough bathrooms for the shared rooms. In the morning they are normally a mess. The lift worked only three times the whole week I stayed there.

Breakfast was good. Close to public transport.10 minute ride to most tourist attractions. Room had no windows which was a good thing when the sun is coming out at three am.

The neighbourhood is ambient.
    • Standard Twin Room

The location is not too convenient though it is close to the central station.

The neighbourhood is ambient. The room was clean and comfortable. A large variety of food was offered for breakfast.

Comfortable.
    • Standard Twin Room

The wifi dropped in and out.

The staff were really nice, and the room was comfortable. The breakfast included in the rate was fresh and yummy, with soy milk (if requested). The staff did everything to make our stay as comfortable as possible. The hotel is close to the train station, which is only 4 stops from central stockholm.

Too hot in the room
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (No Window)

Absolutely no air in the room! At least 30 degrees! No windows. No air condition. Could not sleep at all....

Parking right beside the hotel (extra fee)

Overall good value for money if your intention is just "a bed for the night".
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (No Window)

Room with no window was hot and stuffy. Communal shower area needs a little more space to hang up clothing / toiletry bag so that it stays dry. Breakfast could have been more varied.

Bed is comfortable, communal area and staff are helpful and welcoming and the area is generally well maintained.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Clean and perfect
    • Standard Twin Room

I think there were some construction in the flat above our room, but that didn't bother us too much. There were around 8-10 pm.

The breakfast was good: boilled eggs, cheese, yogurt, cereals and very good bread (3 types of bread). The sauna is a bonus :)

Godkänt men inte mera.
    • Standard Twin Room

Omöjligt att nå receptionen utan att uppsöka den personligen. Svagt i dessa tider med 100-procentig snabb kommunikation överallt! En natt stökigt i korridoren men om jag ville anmäla var jag tvungen att ta mig till receptionen i pyjamas för att anmäla bråket. Svagt.

Frukost ok men inte mer.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Good value for money, near to city centre, nice rooms, breakfast could be better for the price
    • Standard Twin Room

Breakfast was ok but as I spent more time in Stockholm and tried different hotels I can tell that for the same money or even less you can get a hotel of simmilar quality with much better breakfast.

Rooms were nice (normal rooms with windows, not the ones with high beds) and the connection to the city centre was great-only 9minutes by train and maybe 5 mins to the train station.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

I liked the location and that it was helpfull and easy acess...
    • Standard Twin Room

The Staff was not so helpfull as it should be. Also they couldn't give accurate info and instructions in order to find the hotel upon arrival.

I liked the location and that it was helpfull and easy acess to my work.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

it was very close to Alvsjo train station and also very...
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (No Window)

we had a quick-sleep room and it was really small..there wasn't a window or a closet..

it was very close to Alvsjo train station and also very clean..

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

good value if coming with a car
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (No Window)

Understaffed, took a long time to get food in the evening. Expensive dinner for what it was, one room was too hot, the other too cold!

Comfortable beds, Breakfast, helpful staff, convenient parking for a fee (120 kr), easy to get downtown through the tunnels.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Down-to-earth hotel with a fair breakfast.
    • Standard Twin Room

A minor point, but a small screen, very high up on the wall was not the easiest television to watch.

The room was larger than I expected, as was the bathroom. The bed was fine and unlike several other hotels in the same price class in Stockholm the rooms have windows! The room was clean and fresh. The breakfast was basic, but plentiful and a reasonable choice of foods. There was a bar, which was a surprise, but perhaps shouldn't have been given the number of workmen staying at the hotel. Travellers unfamiliar with Stockholm should note that Älvsjö is not in the city, but is only a 10 minute train journey away and the trains are very frequent..

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Very Comfort stay at good location
    • Standard Twin Room

Breakfast was average. very few vegetarian option. No microwave or Bread toaster. It would be great if there can be microwave so that parent with kid can heat their food and milk for their kids

Room was very clean. The bed was good and big for 2 adult and 1 kid. WiFi was fast. location was very near to train station. it took only 10 min to reach to main central station. Supermarket was nearby.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Very clean.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (No Window)

Very small room. Too small.

Very clean. Very friendly staff. Very close to Avsjo station.

Breakfast was excellent

Room had no windows.

Breakfast was excellent

It's basically an hostel but it has the feeling of being...
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (No Window)

It's basically an hostel but it has the feeling of being an hotel. A lot cheaper than the others.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

It was very clean and comfortable
    • Standard Twin Room

They didn’t have mini fridges, and for two people, you should get three towels, one each and one for your hands.

It was very clean and comfortable

they have bistro until 1AM which is convenient for having...
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (No Window)

they have bistro until 1AM which is convenient for having night food. The breakfast was included, which was nice as well! :D

Good service.
    • Standard Twin Room

Good service. Staff was kind.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Great value and very clean and comfy.
    • Standard Twin Room

Location is not in the center of the City, but it wasn’t a problem for me

Very clean, quiet, great value, location

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Jan is excellent guy

Havasız odalar

Jan is excellent guy

Value for money.
    • Standard Twin Room

Value for money. Nice staff. I enjoyed the sauna twice!!

Fantastic staff!
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (No Window)

Fantastic staff!! Really enjoyed the breakfast too

The location (very close to the train station).
    • Standard Twin Room

The poor noise insulation. The breakfast was not so diversified.

The location (very close to the train station). The nice staff.

There is no wifi connectivity in my room

Bed terrible. No air con. No soap in showers

Cleanliness

Friendly staff
    • Standard Twin Room

No refrigerator in the room.

Friendly staff

No comfortable lounge area or bar

No comfortable lounge area or bar

nice reception clerks
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (No Window)

rooms were hot! only have one tiny fan

nice reception clerks