Reviews of Hotel Drott 3 stars

Tunnbindaregatan 19, 602 21 Norrköping, Sweden

#16 of 20 hotels in Norrköping

The breakfast was a bit sparse and not the most appetizing. The room was a bit dated and in need of some refresh.

The staff I interacted with were very helpful and friendly. The location was good and the hotel was very quiet at night, both inside and outside. It was fine for a reasonably-priced room for the night.

I've been in Drott Hotel for a couple days during business trip in Norckoping, Sweden. Drott Hotel is good place to stay for a night or two, but not more. Rooms are clean and warm, but there was no bath in the bathroom. Water leaks directly on the floor when you take shower. And all the floor is covered with water all the you are finished :-) I realy tried to take shower very carefull but in the end I apeared to be in the pool! There is free wi-fi in the hotel, breakfast is included. You can have a scrambled agg and some snacks with tea or cofee on the breakfast. Hotel crew are friendly and polite. Price is not very expensive in comparison with other hotels in Norckoping. But in Russia much better service can be found for the same money.... So, thanks for the hospitality, Best Regards, Alexey.

• Economy Twin Room

Nothing specific comes to mind.

Excellent hotel for value for money. Clean and with all basic necessary amenities. Kind and responsive staff, good location.

• Economy Twin Room

it was very hard to find. The parking situation is not satisfying. The hotel does not look very pleasent, but it was ok for us.

The staff was friendly. The wifi was working very well. The facility is rather old, but good to stay in. The shower is... well, you get clean and it is clean, that was enough for us.

• Economy Twin Room

When we arrived to the hotel at the afternoon, after travelling all day long, there was nobody in the reception to welcome us, so we had to make a phonecall to get our key to the room. There was an intolerable smell in the bathroom that made the whole room an inhospitable place to stay. The bathroom itself was not accessible for more than few minutes, due to the smell. Concerning the breakfast, when I attempted to open a jar of dried fruit, an unexpected smell of mold emerged, so the entire experience was nothing like pleasant for us.

The rest of the room was quite clean. The location is convenient. Wi-Fi connection was fine. The staff was friendly when present. Relatively low cost (not value for money though)

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

It would have been nice if the breakfast bar had offered some fresh fruit or fresh berries (rather than jam), but overall I think the hotel was of a really high standard. The proprietors were friendly, and efficient.

The location of the hotel is fantastic, and I particularly enjoyed the lovely breakfasts because everything was fresh and well presented, and it was possible, for example, to make one's own waffles and toast. The bed (single) was really comfortable, and as Norrköping was experiecing a spring heatwave (28C!) I was appreciative of the fact that the window could be left ajar, the blinds could be closed and there was an electric fan. My room wasn't ready when I arrived (early) but I could put my bag in my room and then enjoy a cup of coffee, before skipping off to explore Norrköping.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• Economy Twin Room

The room was not made up on the second day of our stay until we asked. The family owners had bought the hotel only 2 weeks earlier and seemed surprised when we told them it was usual for staff to do so!

The buffet breakfast was OK The hotel was clean and the inexperienced staff friendly and helpful. It was a short walk to rail and bus stations and the centre of town.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

I stayed at Drott for 6 nights for business trip. I arrive at Sunday evening and there was no reception staff there though the check-in was quite all right. The room they assigned to me is at the end of the corner and the wifi signal is so weak that I can only use texts in What'sapp and my computer can't identify wifi......They had cable for internet too but it was old and broken...The most horrible thing is the noise and the broken heater..... I can heard the talking voice from neighbor room until 2am......It was -5 degree and the heater in my room is completely cold so that I wore 3 pants to survive. Additionally, when I open the door of my room for the first time, I can immediately smell the awful smell from drain of bathroom..... I told the problems to the staff at early morning of the other day and request to change another room. She said there were empty rooms available but I need to call a number at night after my work to manage it. All right, all right. I tried to call the number in the evening after work, I found out that my phone can't call in Sweden......and there's NO staff in evening of workdays either in Drott........ So I had to wear 3 pants again for another freezing night:{ To survive, I wrote email to Drott and they sent me a key of another room with workable heater at the morning of 3rd day......But the refrigerator in the new room didn't work at all though they claimed that refrigerator is the standard facility on Booking. The price of my room included breakfast. Another drama brought from Drott in another morning. When I opened the door to go for breakfast one morning, a lady came across me and told me that there was no breakfast available today in Drott and she was from another hotel to come to grab people in Drott to go to her hotel to have breakfast instead.........Actually I had not enough time to walk back and forth since I need to work at 9am.

Good location to my working place

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

One day there was no breakfast at the hotel. They organized a replacement breakfast at another hotel, but didn't manage to attend to all of the guests.

Kindness of the receptionist

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

It looked like we were back in the '60. It could really use some new furniture and decorations. The room had a very small window (half the size of a normal window). I would expect to have that type of window in a basement and not in a hotel room that is not on the ground floor. The lightning in the room was very poor. The lamp on the ceiling was the only one working. There were some desk and bed lamps but neither worked.

Staff was nice. They responded quickly to my email and got SMS with the necessary information. Big room and big bathroom. The bed had 2 pillows for each person. Underground parking (even if you had to pay extra for the parking).

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

• Economy Twin Room

Please avoid this horrible hotel. Most ridiculous was smell. Whole hotel stinks bad. The renovation started right after we checked in, drilling sound was very loud. We checked in and then checked out right after 3 hours. Bathroom, floor, walls and appliances are in horrible conditions. Look at my pictures and you will see duct taped shower hose, molten hairdryer, dirty toilet and shower room, water-damaged bathroom door. From original 625 SEK per night we had to pay 425 SEK anyway. Not a compensation really. Clearly owners are very very greedy.

We did not like it!

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

parking space with my Van is always a problem there.

Everything okay, clean - perfect room - good breakfast - value for money.(stay here before a few times)

• Economy Twin Room

Old facilities, location in a place with doubdt people.

Cheap.

• Economy Twin Room

The breakfast buffet choice was a bit too small. Old fashioned rooms.

Friendly staff

• Economy Twin Room

Few vegan options at breakfast. Just bread and jam.

Warm room with Christmas lights on when we arrived.

• Family Room

smelly carpets. old fashioned, dodgy people around the area. Did not look safe area with young children

in the city area

• Economy Twin Room

There were lots of cigarette buts directly outside the entrance

Well located, quiet, good beds

Ewerything

Nothig.

• Family Room

Great place to sleep for Kolmården trip. Beatiful road by the lake to zoo.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Economy Twin Room

Breakfast buffet was not well organised and not kept replenished. Also needed some fruit available.

Staff super helpful. Secure underground carpark.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

One day there was not breakfast and they did not say anything. The cleaness was not really nice.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

• Economy Twin Room

Very rich breakfast and big, safe parking space underground

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Economy Twin Room

wifi speed. general condition.

Breakfast, access to old town area. Secure parking.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

.....

Perfect location. Delicious breafast,excellrnt fscilities

• Reviewed: 13 April 2016

The eggs at breakfast were over cooked They have raised the prices for parking

The breakfast Clean rooms Staff is friendly, the low score is due to the fact that this hotel is not staffed at all times during the day.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2016

1. When I arrived, I didn't have hair dryer (But in booking.com it says that they have it in all rooms!) so I called to administrator and she told me that no one is in hotel and she'll call me back. After 20!! minutes I called her again. She told me that no one!! is going to be in hotel and that they can't help me, but because of this they gave me discount 100 kronor, but it's not so important, because I really should take shower that time, after arrival, and then go and do my stuff. 2. You should wait like 2 minutes until you'll have a hot water:) 3. Very dirty towels and dirty room, found hair from another guests in shower:/ 4. No contact with administration, I asked few questions in booking.com like 2 months before, no one answered. 5. Not good breakfast.

1. My room was very nice looking. 2. Good price. 3. 10 minutes walking from Norrköping C 4. Bed was clean and comfortable 5. All time free sweets, cookies, tea, coffee, hot chocolate in breakfast room.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2015

No secure luggage storage area

Reasonably close to the central railway station. Clean and comfortable room with good WIFI and good breakfast. Common kitchen for use by all guests.

• Reviewed: 31 May 2015

The bathroom quite old and to be refresh/rebuild to a higher standard - not to luxurious but to a ordinary standard!

Good location, friendly staff, good beds and quit big room

• Reviewed: 10 May 2015

I did not receive special code to enter to the hotel after 20.00. I have sent my request four times by email! Due to this I had a big problem when I arrived and came to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2015

Wifi only worked in the diningroom for me. We had to run the tap for a minute to get hot water even during the day.

Good price and breakfast, quick and easy check in and out, huge bathroom. For this money this hotel was a great choice!

• Reviewed: 24 April 2016

Bathroom.

Very nice breakfast.

• Reviewed: 20 March 2016

Staff could smile a bit more and say hi.

I liked everything. Good location, comfortable room and bed. Staff is friendly. Breakfast was fine.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2016

Well we were expecting to get a double bed while we just got one closet bed and one normal bed which cudnt be put together...

• Reviewed: 10 December 2015

interior is old and not very clean because old

easy to get there

• Reviewed: 29 November 2015

Small room, uncomfortable bed

Location near the city center. Room was cleaned every day

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

Small, cramped room. Dated decor.

Location near town cntre

• Reviewed: 3 May 2015

The vegetarian option for food was not present

Only hotel nearby if you are visiting kolmården zoo

• Reviewed: 23 April 2015

Bas smell in the bathroom

Close to city center and easy to find, good breakfast

There are also 30 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.