Reviews of Hotel & Ristorante Bellora 4 stars

Kungsportsavenyn 6, Centrum, 411 36 Gothenburg, Sweden

#14 of 70 hotels in Gothenburg

• Classico Double Room

Bedroom was small. However don’t let this put you off. A great hotel.

Attentive, friendly and welcoming staff. Great breakfast. Great location. Fab decor. Highly recommend.

• Classico Double Room

Rooms were a little small due to old building (but still comfortable) Some slightly cheaper options nearby

Good location for the centre of the city Comfortable room, very hot day but the room was cool (nice surprise for an old building) Old building but mostly modern features in the room

• Mini Double Room

The room was small, but everything in it was perfect so, i don't think that this is a problem.

Breakfast was perfect!!!! Also, i loved the bed! I want to have the same in my bedroom!

• Mini Double Room

I couldn’t fault anything.

There was an extensive choice of food at breakfast. The staff members were particularly helpful and friendly. The restaurant was excellent.

• Mini Double Room

This is really a decent Italian restaurant with rooms above rather than a hotel. There are no guest specific areas downstairs. The entrance is always blocked with people queuing at the restaurant desk. Being a resident doesn’t even guarantee you a table. There is incessant loud music playing the whole time. You can hardly hear the person beside you speak.I asked for it to be turned down slightly and was told they couldn’t as it was against the vibe they were looking to create! So much for a customer focus. They have a DJ in the evenings. The noise kept me awake until 1am in my 4th floor room. The room was very small but clean.

The location was good

• Mini Double Room

Room pictured is not the room that we stayed in. The room in the picture was small but with enough space for 2 people, but in reality the double bed took up the entire room making it difficult for 2 people to stay for 3 days.

• Classico Double Room

The only thing that could have been better was to have a larger bathroom. I felt I spent a lot of money to have such a small bathroom

The breakfast was great and the service was superb.

• Minimo Business Small Double Room

Turn down the music!! And put something on that makes you calm and relaxed, not stressed out. Turn down the temperature in the rooms and get a better ventilation.

The staff was great and also the breakfast. The rest of the food was expensive and not good. I had lunch that was a dry piece of fish on a smashed potato with a mountain of crisps on top :( Dinner was expensive and no healthy food at all. The music was so loud during dinner that all I wanted was to get out of there. The room had no ventilation so I woke up with a headache both days. The good things was a comfortable bed and that the location was central.

• Mini Double Room

Rooms very small, no room service, no do-not-disturb sign for door, no way to control heat or open window, and expensive for hotel without gym/pool and small rooms.

Good location. The breakfast was great, huge selection of different food types. Umbrellas available to use free. Nice wash products in bathroom. Very nice staff.

• Mini Double Room

The lighting in the room could have been better as well as shelves or small table where you can place small objects or sit down to write. There could also be better sound proofing.

The staff were extremly friendly and helpful. The bed was very confortable and the room was reasonably quiet. The breakfast buffet was very rich and varied with delicious fresh breads etc. The dining room comfortable.

• Mini Double Room

Some staff was unhelpful, vague, and acted as if they didn’t care. They closed the restaurant early.

Super hip hotel, yet cozy! Amazing breakfast! Towel warmers in even the basic room, with towels already warmed up for my stay!

• Mini Double Room

Bellora in need of rooms' interior change: My co-workers and I stayed in separate mini-double rooms at Bellora, and all of our rooms had too many pictures of women hung up on the walls. There was literally at least one photograph or drawing of one or many women on every single wall of the tiny room! It felt a little bit over the top and therefore a bit suffocative and creepy. If the portraits of women could be replaced with paintings or photographies of nature and/or scenery, that would be a huge thumbs up. Bellora in need of hallway light change: The lights in the hallway also didn't turn on quickly and automatically, so it felt a little bit scary - I had to step out of the elevator as well as my room and stand in complete darkness for at least 2 seconds before the lights eventually turned on.

I enjoyed my stay at Bellora; the staff was also very helpful and kind, and the entire atmosphere was very unique. The hotel also has a very cozy dining and café-like area where I could sit, drink (free) coffee, and do work. The breakfast in the morning was also amazing! A night's stay felt a little short; I wish I could have had at least one or two more nights at Bellora, all the more because the location of the hotel was excellent. I had no need for a bus card; I was able to take pleasant walks to every one of my destinations in Göteborg/Gothenburg.

• Mini Double Room

Room was very small but very cosy.

Amazing array of food to choose from the breakfast buffet including many Vegan options!also made our own waffles!!! Delicious. Lovely shower!

• Mini Double Room

Room was quite small with a poor layout.

Reception staff helpful and friendly. Hotel is located on a busy street in a good area with many good restaurants. We ate dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe next door. Included buffet breakfast was excellent, lots of variety.

• Mini Double Room

Very small bedroom (we did book the smallest room but still surprisingly small). No warning the roof terrace would be closed during our stay.

Stylish hotel, fantastic staff, amazing breakfast.

Room was a bit too small, not a big deal though

Staff are friendly and location is relatively central. ~15 min walk from central train station. ~15 min walk from convention center

• Classico Twin Room

The security box is located just on the floor, and it's instruction is written in very small letter. So it is not easy to use.

All of people working for both the hotel and the restaurant are so vivid, kind and effective for which our stay in Goteborg was pleasant even in rainy day. Complementary coffee is available for 24 hours at the restaurant. The breakfast was variety and delicious. The hotel is situated in the center of the city, convenient to anywhere. Lastly, but least, the cost performance was so high comparing with other 11 hotels we stayed during our 44 days travel.

• Mini Double Room

We have nothing to complain about.

We are somewhat familiar with Gothenburg, so the address/location is perfect. The fact that you on the street level have an excellent restaurant with diverse seating; indoor, outdoor and like an livingroom setting. Good food and drinks and a proffesional staff. A staff that are willing to go out of their way when breakfasttime past and a young staff member gets us brakfast and refuses a tipp. Very impressive.

• Mini Double Room

- We knew the rooms were small, but so small it was not comfortable. - You can not open the windows, There was carpet on the floor in the hall and in the restaurant below where paper flowers against the wall. What in case of fire ?

- The breakfast was good. - Frukosten var god.

• Classico Double Room

EXTREME NOISY hotel also after midnight can not be a problem but then the wall isolation need to be upgrated. Well for breakfast I was missing some of the wide dry and fresh food range. I was missed the real friendly atmospere here. Everything conected to the people, design very "artificial"... Fully booked parking was a bit surprise. Room was small and not very comfortable bed if you like to use it harder ones. Basic hotel for the most expensive/and least comfortable one as I payed during my stay in that period in this beautiful country Because of this strange athmoshere I was choosed not their Hotel Restaurant BELORA, but the neighbourg one on the otherside of the street with the name BUENOS AIRES. Fantastic food if you like meat

I m sorry but I can suggest great location only. Very preatty and nice looking employees. I liked the dinner but from the neighbour BUENOS AIRES RESTAURANT.

• Classico Double Room

WiFi was a problem - ok for browsing but not enough for video calls. Breakfast choice was good, but to my opinion there was too few warm dishes

Nice design, comfortable room, helpful personnel, great central location. Delicious food in the restaurant on the ground floor.

• Minimo Business Small Double Room

Room was small but still was great.

Excellent staff and Olivia was top notch. Great breakfast. Very comfortable bed and clean fsculity. The location is center. Loved it.

• Classico Double Room

You are a second class customer, priority is with the trendy rooftop bar and bottom floor restaurant which locals use. Hotel guests are clearly a nuisance to be ushered to the room asap.

Breakfast, Staff, Location, Room.

My stay was too short.

It was a sweet place to stay. The room was small but very personable and comfortable. The staff was very excellent and thoughtful. The rooftop bar was amazing - great for a group of folks.

• Mini Double Room

Room was incredibly small - but bed was big. The room would have been too small for more than 3 nights. Only a small clothes rail and 6 hangers for clothes - no shelves or drawers. I know we booked a 'mini' double on a late deal, but this takes mini to a new level. Thank goodness we didn't have lots of luggage and are not larger people.

Inclusive buffet breakfast was amazing - even the gluten free bread was unlike any I have had anywhere - nothing too much trouble.

• Classico Double Room

The room was on a low floor and facing the street. There was a party on friday night next to the hotel that was a bit disturbing when trying to sleep.

The roof top bar was amazing, the rooms comfortable. The breakfast nice with wide variety of things of good quality. Staff extremely friendly and service minded.

• Minimo Business Small Double Room

The streets and traffic getting to and from the hotel

We loved the hotel, underground parking, restaurant, and staff was very attentive. It was close to anything you'd need and more

• Mini Double Room

Really good position on the avenue, in the middle of lots of restaurants. Nice breakfast. Tram right outside the hotel. Ten minutes walk to Liseberg. Room was small but cozy, perfect for a shorter stay.

• Mini Double Room

- The "mini" room was very mini, but it was cosy and comfortable, and had everything we needed

- Great location - Excellent breakfast - Very nice and helpful staff

• Mini Double Room

Well, my fault alone, deciding to save some bucks I booked a “mini-double” room and they delivered exactly that. There is no space for 2 persons move around at the same time, there is absolute no space to open a midium size suitcase, unless you do it on the bed, the shower box is very very small, I am no big guy (1,80m / 78 kg) and had a very hard time showering.

My wife and I stayed 3 days in this very nice Hotel. Our apartment was very clean, the shower was good (not excellent because the water temperature wasn't constant) and the bed comfy. The location couldn't be better to visit the main attractions of the town. The breakfast was plenty and delicious. The staff frendly and helpfull, well ... but I think that's the swedish way of life, we loved Sweden. As a bonus, as this is a Hotel and a Restaurant (an excelent one I'd say), so you can have espresso and capuccinos for free all day long in the Restaurant. I sure would stay here again and I recommend this Hotel to all my family and friends, but I would advise to stay away from de “mini” rooms.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Classico Double Room

I won't say that this is what I didn't like, but, it's just a feedback to the hotel on the parking instructions. The entrance to the Carpark is a small opening by the side street. We will have to get to the lowest level. And when we reach there, there were no instructions to tell us that we need to press the bell to open up a "secret" door that will lead to the hotel's private garage. Maybe the hotel can improve on the instructions on that "secret" door.

The staff were really friendly and helpful. We were offered free coffee at the bar throughout our stay. The room was clean and functional. The location is simply superb.

• Mini Double Room

The room was comfortable and clean. Breakfasts were amazing. The best choice and quality I have experienced in a hotel. The location is in the very centre of Gothenburg and buses and trams to other locations stop close to hotel. The price was very reasonable and all staff helpful and friendly. Roof bar great views.

• Mini Double Room

Overall we enjoyed the hotel but we were disappointed by the poor service in the bar and limited breakfast times so wouldn't stay again. A disappointing end to an otherwise wonderful trip to the region.

Nice hotel in a good location. Small but well furnished rooms which were more than adequate for us.

• Mini Double Room

The room was tiny, surprisingly tiny, not really enough space for two persons. The room was not made up on saturday, until we made the front desk aware of this, and they fixed it while we were out for dinner.

Breakfast & surroundings were great.

• Classico Double Room

breakfast layout is a bit strange, prefer sister hotel Pigalle for brekkie- cold eggs

I asked for a bath and they were able to accomodate this! :) Also the Aussie guy in the bar&restaurant was amazing at his job, very charming

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Mini Double Room

For starters the rooms were claustrophobic and barely enough to fit a bed. The staff was unresponsive to queries. The light on the top did not have an off button. They don't give you a table if you're alone. Lucky for me it was only for a day. Wouldn't recommend.

It was close to a few happening spots n also relatively close to the central station and shopping areas

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

• Minimo Business Small Double Room

Rummen är allt för små, även om vi valde/betalde för ett större rum. Samt högre upp i byggnaden, fick vi ett rum på våning 2. Bara en åtgången kan lämna sängen, då andra sidan går in mot väggen

Sköna sängar, med god frukost!

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

• Mini Double Room

Felt odd that no cash in bar or restaurant - but just the Swedish way! Room small, and hospitality basket expensive. However perfectly adequate for an overnight stay.

Great ambiance in bistro in evening & lunch. Breakfast fantastic. Would happily stay again.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Mini Double Room

A lot of noise because of renovation when I stayed. That lowers the scores. I don't think the room was as god as one should expect.

Excellent service and location. The breakfast was also good.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Mini Double Room

Lighting ok but needed some small wall/bed head reading lights. Breakfast buffet was a problem,on 2 levels with awkward stairs, and the choice was a bit limited. Bread knife was blunt and the cheese slicers were uselessly worn. Very narrow dining area to negotiate. All the above were problems for an elderly lady! N

Staff very pleasant and helpful: small cosy room,good shower

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Mini Double Room

Wow, the breakfast was unbelievable! We were so amazed at the variety and quality of food that was provided. Fresh, unique and delicious. We loved the decor of the hotel and restaurant. Very stylish and cozy. Our room was a little small but the bed was so comfortable and we slept great.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Mini Double Room

Att bar och restaurangpersonalen alltid var tvugna att prata färdigt en stund med varandra först innan de tog hand om gästerna. Dock trevligt bemötande när de gjorde det.

Fantastisk frukost (tydligen som bäst på måndag morgon). Miljön.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

• Classico Double Room

Parking is not so easy to find, and is expensive.

Excellent design. Friendly and helpful staff. Comfortable and very clean rooms. Central location. Extraordinary breakfast. Good WiFi. Secure parking.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• Mini Double Room

Room very narrow. Noisy from ventilation and airconditioning outside the room window.

Breakfast very variated and good. Staff extremely positive and helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Mini Double Room

Probably the most comfy hotel bed I have ever slept in. Great breakfast, lovely staff. Our room was a little bit tiny (10 kvm), so we made an upgrade (14 kvm).

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Classico Double Room

The breakfast choices were fine, but it was very crawled. And distribution of it, made it really difficult to get to the food.

Beautiful and diferent decoration of the room, nice selection of books.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Classico Double Room

Room too hot and no obvious way to turn down the heating. Rooms facing the Avenue are naturally more susceptible to traffic and social noise

cosy, homely feel to it

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

• Mini Double Room

Room extremely small, sized for one single bed but squeezed in a twin bed. Wifi was very poor in the evening when restaurant was full

Location and bar

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• Classico Double Room

One thing I didn't like was not heated bathroom floor. Only for this hotel haven't received perfect 10 points from me.

Superb staff and location. Though it is in the center of the town - top floors are cosy and quiet. All in all - perfect

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Mini Double Room

The restaurant is expensive compared to the amount of food: very tasty food, but extremely small portions.

The place was really cossy. Very confortable and the breakfast was delicious.

• Mini Double Room

Room spots/lights a bit dark for ladies who'd like to prepare for a party and do their makeup. But thats nothing really important to worry about.

Delicious breakfast with nearly everything a breakfast table could have. Selfmade bread, pizza, eggs, vegan stuff, waffles, croissants, tee, coffee, juice, lot of fresh things. Loved it! Hotel staff very kind.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Mini Double Room

It was perfect everything.....

I would like to say a great thank you to all staff and the administration team. I'm grateful for facilities, service, politeness etc. It was amazing 😊❤️👍🏻

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• Mini Double Room

The room was very small and tight.

The location was great, it was very central. The reception staff were very professional. I really enjoyed the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

• Mini Double Room

That the room was quite tight did not bother me at all, as it was very smartly designed. The very only, small detail that was less ideal, was that the shower did not have something to put the soaps on. Soooooo, nothing to complain really!

Really cute! Cool style... Lots of amenities in the room. Breakfast (quality and selection) is truly sensational.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

• Classico Double Room

Street is noisy on a Friday and Saturday night, would be worth asking to go onto a higher floor

Staff friendly and very helpful, rooms are small but unique, comfortable and clean. Breakfast is excellent.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

price

the staff, the staff, the decor and decorating; our room was a demi, and so cute, just perfect; the breakfast buffet is one of the best we have had on our current trip, the restaurant/ bar is comfortable elegance, we came back the day we checked out with our daughter for some wine, and had the most pleasurable exchange with a genuine and friendly young woman who served us

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Mini Double Room

We'd have liked a hositality tray with kettle and cups in the room; the only hotel I've been to that didn't have one! They instead offered hot drinks at the bar for guests but really you want to be able to make one in your room. Room was pretty small to be a double, bed took up the entire space but this didn't matter to us as it was such a lovely happy hotel, clean and well cared for.

Lovely breakfast - ever since we got home we have missed it, especially the muesli! Nice comfortable room; the bathroom stood out, very classy, also nice to have amenities like a little heated towel rail on the wall that you could turn on when you wanted (useful for our swimming gear) rather than have to wait for the heating to come on like in most places.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Classico Double Room

I prefer wooden floors in the rooms. Mine had wall to wall carpet which seemed fresh but as time goes by....

Had to look twice at the adress. Was this the entrance to a hotel? Seemed like a restaurant? Walked in and found the lobby discreetly to the left, close to the restaurant and bar straight ahead. Turned out this was a place that was great all over. Personal, helpful and motivated staff. Room wasn't big but did not feel to small either. Felt right at home. I liked the interior with big inviting bed and stylish wall paper. Bed was very comfortable, at least for one night (all I stayed). A basket with goodies was on offer but also with a cost and I usually don't fall for the temptation. Great restaurant and bar in the evening that turned into very nice breakfast room in the morning. Breakfast had good selection of servings with high quality. All in all, a hotel I felt comfortable and welcome in and with a perfect location right in the middle of town. Will stay there again.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Classico Double Room

The noise from the night club Fri and Sat nights was dreadful, Saturday the drum and base music was reverberating through the bedroom until 4.00am

Staff, food excellent, comfortable and clean throughout. Staff helpful after dissatisfaction brought to their attention but guests should be made aware at time of booking that the noise from night club occurs every weekend.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Mini Double Room

Only criticism was that the room was a bit too small to comfortably move around. But bed was super comfy so once I got snuggled in, slept amazingly well.

Breakfast was amazing!!!! Best I've had in years.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Classico Double Room

Some noise came from the road. I suppose there were also some carpet dust. I couldn't sleep really good unfortunately. The room is small for a 4 stars.

Excellent position and design.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Classico Double Room

the rooms in the front of the building get some noise from the street if the window is open. To get to the rooms in the evenings, you have to go through queues of bar-goers

Nice design, pretty rooms. very nice staff

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Mini Double Room

Room area was on the small side. Rethink this hotel if you are not comfortable in contained spaces. It can be pretty small for some people.

The location of the hotel was great. It is in the middle of everything! Close to the station and lots of things to see on or around the area. Museums nearby. A good starting point for an evening walk. Tram stops half a block from the doors of the hotel. Cafe had everything we loved. Coffee and tiramisu. Breakfast was great!! Restaurant is always busy. The rooms are on the small side but loved the place. It has its charming side. Not enough room to move around if you are a tall person or with more than 2 pieces of luggage. The space is tight in the rooms. Service was great. Loved the lighted mirrors in the bathroom. Price of night stay included breakfast for us. Loved the breakfast buffet they had. Nice ladies and gentleman working the front desk. Cleaning lady was nice and did a good job cleaning our bathroom. Loved their toiletries and towels.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Mini Double Room

Better choose a standard double.

Mini double room is really "mini" but clean and confortable. Staff kindly motivated. Parking on site. Breakfast very good. Excellent restaurant respect to price.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Mini Double Room

Unpleasant hotel combined with a restaurant, it is located on top of an Italian restaurant, hard to enter with luggage through the busy restaurant . Non professional receptionists, tiny room (how can they sell it as suitable for two adults! ) old stuffed furniture, they promised two separate beds but provide only one that they call it a king size, the actual size was a regular not even a queen bed, it is impossible to reach the enterence by car, guests have to carry luggage for a long distance. Wi-Pi wasn't working properly. The smallest bathroom I ever been at an hotel. Old towels. Parking was occupied, do not count on having parking at the hotel, fortunately there's public parking not too far. The only good thing is location, however it is very noisy. How did they get 4 stars. J.L

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• Mini Double Room

There wasn't anything we didn't like. The room was small but we were using the hotel as a base to explore the city so it didn't matter at all. Plus the rooms are so beautiful, you don't notice the size.

We loved everything about this hotel, the design, the amazingly friendly and helpful staff, the delicious breakfast and the great price! Would love to visit again.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Classico Double Room

The decoration of the lobby and the rooms are elegant. Location is great, many places to see are at walking distance. Breakfast is delicious and rich. Also, all the staff was extremely helpful. It was a pleasant experience!

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Classico Double Room

Size of room -we went for a superior double but it was still quite small.

Location was great for us -very central. Loved the decor and the roof terrace - bed was super comfy too.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• Mini Double Room

The rooms definitely are small!! The site clearly states how many metres the room is...but it was like one person got ready while the other was relegated to hiding out on the bed so as to not get in the way! This would not deter me from staying there again.

The location was great (right on the main street, yet quiet-our room was on the backside of the building). The restaurant downstairs was very nice and the included breakfast was standard to most European breakfasts. The decor of the hotel and the rooms are very boutique and great! The bathroom was fine and included a hair dryer (things girls appreciate!). The staff was very friendly and helpful during check in/out, questions and helping with luggage storage until our train left. A well organized hotel with class, in a boutique style.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Mini Double Room

The room was tiny: just enough space for the bed. Not a problem, just don't plan on spending a lot of time in the room.

Location is outstanding, breakfast buffet is great, it's clean and quiet. The price was right, too. We didn't eat at the restaurant at night, but it looked good. The bar looked nice, too.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Mini Double Room

Romms were extremely small. Entrance to the hotel very crowded. Right through their restaurant.

Bed was great. Service was excellent breakfast was lovely

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

• Mini Double Room

Although very comfortable, the bedrooms are on the very small size side: we had big luggages and backpacks and we were virtually walking on them. Also, breakfast time can be quite a traffic jam due to limited space between tables etc... reception is via the restaurant, so also quite cramped. Though with patience, all good.

Probably one of the best bed and pillow: comfortable / cosy. Very nice. Fantastic staff (very helpful and great communication / advice), especially hotel side, but bar / restaurant was good too. Very handy central place. Lots to see / do just around the corner. Excellent breakfasts. Would recommend especially for business people, young couple to party, but maybe not for families.

• Mini Double Room

Amazing place and a must if you stay in Gothenburg. Excellent location, super-friendly staff and top-notch breakfast. Great value for money as well!

• Mini Double Room

The room barely fits a double-size bed

The warm feeling and gorgeous breakfast

• Mini Double Room

Bed was a bit too soft. Rooms are relatively small.

Location is great.