Reviews of Best Western Kom Hotel Stockholm 3 stars

#93 of 144 hotels in Stockholm

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Stockholm in three days
    • Standard Twin Room

Coffee's variety in breakfast(only filter coffee)

Nice breakfast,comfy beds, huge size TV and excellent wifi. In walking distance from city's famous street(Drottninggatan) and in about 1,5Km from Gamla Stan.

No sleep, so it was an expensive experience.

The beds were not for 2 persons and they were a V shape so both of us were rolled to the middle, therefore no sleep. It was a waste of money. Even though I asked to be in the main building were we sent to an annex off premises.

The beds totally sucked. We were sent to an adjoining building with luggage and everything, tiny elevator.

Descent choice at breakfast.
    • Standard Single Room

Small windows, little bit of a bad smell in the bathroom but not annoying and it stayed in the bathroom and didn't get into the bedroom;

Descent choice at breakfast. Spacious rooms. Good location, half an hour from Arlanda Airport but in the city centre close to good restaurants and areas.

In love with Stockholm
    • Standard Twin Room

Our room was on the ground floor behind a street, but it wasn't so bad.

Great breakfast with a lot of choice, comfortable bed, friendly and kind stuff. I liked that there was a spring water dispenser in the corridor for the guests.

I would return here
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed (3 Adults)

Everything was great. Adding a shower curtain could be useful.

Location is perfect - calm place, close to an underground station, and can be easily reached by walking from the T-Centralen. Good breakfast. Excellent WiFi. Pleasant staff. There is a kettle in the room, so you can make coffee or tea, if you need. Even with milk.

It's located close to the old city and everywhere was...
    • Economy Double Room

They have got two wings, and do not support you with luggage. This place does not looks like a *** hotel at all.

It's located close to the old city and everywhere was close.

Peace and quiet in Central Stockholm

Nothing at all.

Very helpful staff, quiet location and extremely comfortable beds endured a perfect night's sleep and the breakfast was second to none!

Nice place not far from center
    • Standard Single Room

Really comfortable three star hotel with nice location near city center. They have modern rooms in two buildings. Everything was fine and clean. Breakfast offered a whole variety of products in really nice, comfy restaurant.

The location is good with dog due to the small green area...
    • Standard Twin Room

We stayed at the main building with our dog, maybe that is why the room is basic and the furniture is a little old.

The location is good with dog due to the small green area beside the church nearby. The reception and housekeeping are all very friendly. The free coffee and tea are a nice gesture.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Terrific. I would recommend it to other travellers.
    • Standard Twin Room

It was sometimes a challenge getting a table at breakfast time.

Clean, comfortable accommodation, great, helpful staff and great location being near the Metro line.

Re
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed (3 Adults)

I was pleased with everything and will stay at the property again if I return.

Staff members were friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet had items for every appetite and room was quiet and comfortable. The fact the exercise facilities opened at 5:30 a.m. was good for early risers such as me.

Excellent staff and top notch facilities. We had a very comfortable stay.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed (3 Adults)

There was no fan or a way to circulate the air. A couple of the windows cracked open but that didn’t really allow the air to circulate like I wanted it to.

The gym was incredible. Best hotel gym I’ve ever seen.

Room was big and clean.
    • Economy Double Room

We had to use a room in a nearby building and thus I am not sure if other rooms were better. The mattress was way to soft for both of us. Two breakfast buffets in different locations in the restaurant should help minimize the queues at breakfast time.

Room was big and clean.

Gotta get lucky with the room!
    • Budget Room

The hotel is located at 15 minutes walking distance from the central station. It's not super easy to reach as the street goes up and it could be hard with the luggage. Our previous stay was definitely better than this one, they gave us a different room this time. It was small, we had bulk beds and there was a bad smell of humidity both in the corridor and inside the room. I couldn't believe we were paying the same price as our previous stay.

Staff was nice. Breakfast was great. Sauna and gym ok.

Nice stay!
    • Double Room with Extra Chair Bed

Room was big and cozy. The facility modern and clean. The staff welcomed us and our dog providing a nice bowl for its food. Breakfast was great and included in our reservation. The sauna and the gym made it just perfect.

Really nice!
    • Double Room with Extra Chair Bed

The room was nice. The breakfast was excellent. The welcome tea and coffee was outstanding. The hotel even provides free drinking water on each floor. Location was also very nice. A big supermarket is nearby and it is only a few minutes walk to the subway station.

Good value for money
    • Standard Single Room

The bed of my single room was really a single bed: not wider than 90 cm I guess. My knees hit the wall a few times during the night.

The staff was very friendly and very efficient. Very good breakfast with lots of choice. Good location close to the underground and within easy walking distance from the centre. Lots of cafés and restaurants in the neighbourhood.

Close to the centre of the city.
    • Double Room with Extra Chair Bed

Close to the centre of the city. Can see the main sights by walking. Beds were very comfortable. Room was toward the inner court, so quite quiet for such a central location.

Really big room for three people.
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed (3 Adults)

It’s not a 4 stars hotel as written, but just a normal 3 (without superior classification in my opinion). The room was not so clean. There wasn’t the fridge in the room and the window was really too next to one other so it was not safe.

Really big room for three people. Huge and pleasant breakfast.

Friendly, comfortable, central and suited our needs.
    • Double Room with Extra Chair Bed

The view from the window, but wasn’t an issue for our purpose.

Size of our room. Fan provided for the benefit of our child. Staff friendly and accommodating.

Amazing variety of breakfast food items, generous quantities.
    • Economy Double Room

No AC. Hotel gave us a small fan on second day of 3 but it didn't help much. Unusual heat wave made things quite uncomfortable. Not hotel's fault.

Amazing variety of breakfast food items, generous quantities. Wished they'd had an espresso machine. Coffee was not so good.

Can not recommend in summer
    • Standard Single Room

Outside cold, inside hot - rooms without aircondition and when you open windows to get fresh air in the night, the noise does not allow you to sleep.

Gym is good. Close to underground, 15 minutes by feet to historical center

Very welcoming and helpful staff.
    • Standard Single Room

That our rooms where on an annexed block and not on the main building, therefore we had to cross the street daily for breakfast and other reception needs. We spent three nights from 18th till 21st July and experienced an unusual hot weather of 31 C peak each day. Our rooms where not air conditioned therefore a bit uncomfortable to sleep in but we could have asked for a fan if we wanted to.

For a rating as a three star hotel it over passed our expectation. Free cold \room temp. water in corridors of each level and free ice cubes from a machine in a particular place. Breakfast is quite generous with a good selection mostly continental but missed the fried eggs and sausages .

Value for money, clean, comfortable and the best breakfast ever.
    • Budget Room

The room and the on suite bathroom were clean and comfortable. The distance to the train station was small. The staff, especially Christian, were super friendly and helpful. The highlight was definitely the breakfast. Everything you can think of were served. Would stay here again when visiting Stockholm.

The staff were excellent , friendly, helpful and...
    • Double Room with Extra Chair Bed

The room was very small for three people with an uncomfortable " chair bed " as the third bed . There were only two tiny windows which barely opened and as it was 30 degrees plus when we were here , it was sickly hot .We requested a fan as we were told they were available at reception but they had no more available.

The staff were excellent , friendly, helpful and professional. Also the breakfast buffet was the best. There was plentiful food , constantly restocked with something for everyone.

Good choice
    • Budget Room

Beds not so confortable, mattresses too much thin.

Good location and breakfast. Staff kind and helpful. Free coffee and water are always very appreciated.

Was clean
    • Family Room with Shared Bathroom

How it was in 2 buildings, you check in, in 1 building and sleep in another outside the corner or the check in building, if u want breakfast must go in the other building if your want the gym it's in another building where breakfast is, if you want to play billiard you have to go outside then in another building I didn't like that as my kids didn't want to stay outside and I didn't feel comfortable In the hotel room knowing my kids are in another section no in the same building, shared toilets are stupid. Overall messy set up and after a long travel last thing you want to do is go back and forth on your 1 night stay, never again il pay extra and stay in a hotel that accommodates in 1 building, price for 1 night is pricey for all the headache you go through.

Was clean

Awesome experience
    • Standard Twin Room

Awesome and helpful staff, beautiful and clean rooms, the most comfortable bed I've ever tried, delicuous breakfast and awesome location (really close to the main shopping streets). This stay was everything we were hoping for.

Very central location, metro stop in 2 minutes walking...
    • Family Room

Beds were way too soft for our liking but room otherwise was beautiful. We shared a room with our two kids and there was plenty of space.

Very central location, metro stop in 2 minutes walking distance. Great buffet breakfast. Friendly staff, awesome gym

Very good breakfast
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed (3 Adults)

Bathroom was a little bit stinky but the smell wasn't strong

Big breakfast selection, rooms are cozy and modern, staff was nice and helpful. The hotel is 15/20 mins walk from the Royal Palace and we enjoyed pass through a main road with shops and caffes.

Idealy situated for sightseening. Good choice of food for breakfast
    • Standard Single Room

I was in the annex just round the corner from the main part of the hotel. The room was very small, the shower must have been designed for a smaller person. To get from the underground car park (parking charges apply, even for my motorcycle) you have to exit it via the main door, walk up the hill then back into the building, there's no direct access from the car park to the annex. 5 pages of paper (receipt) given to me before my departure, all other hotels manage one!!

Location to centre of Stockholm, food choice at breakfast, onsite parking.

Worst service, worst room ever experienced
    • Budget Room

When we booked we expected a double bed and a sofa bed (as per the photos on the website)- instead we got 4 hostel type beds (pull down from wall). Not what was shown on the website The front desk staff were the poorest in quality I have ever experienced. Obviously there was a hiccup with our booking - mind you I expect a minimum level for Best Western : this was far from what I expected. I asked the front desk if I could upgrade my room to address. I was told that we could not as the hotel was full. However when I checked there were still rooms available on booking.com. Bottom line is I got a sense they could not be bothered On checking out we asked for a taxi to be booked. We were told they they were busy. Bottom line is that the person did not bother booking a taxi for us. Summed up the experience perfectly

Good location and breakfast OK

I had an excellent time in Stockholm and once I knew my surroundings better, I could access the attr
    • Standard Twin Room

The position of the kettle in my room .I had to put it on the floor to reach the plug .No spoons in room or enough teabags.

So much choice and very good quality food . Indoor and outside sitting available . Staff cleaned away tables quickly and topped up food .

Basic hotel close to the centre
    • Standard Single Room

There were signs all over the dining area telling people to watch for pickpockets so I don't know if this is a problem with the hotel in particular or the area in general. Mattress was very soft which may cause a problem for some people. Expensive, but then again everything is in Stockholm.

Very clean and quiet and only 10-15 minutes walk to the waterfront. Staff were nice.

The breakfast was very complete and delicious!
    • Budget Room

The rooms are so small. We were staying 3 people in 1 room and there wasn’t enough space.

The breakfast was very complete and delicious! The location was ideal.

Location perfect, staff attentive, cleanliness ok, breakfast buffet very good. Rooms ok.
    • Double Room with Extra Chair Bed

The building was obviously not made to be a hotel.

We very much enjoyed the excellent breakfast buffet! The staff was very helpful and attentive. Cleanliness overall very good!

Good place
    • Family Room

Should have more tables for breakfast.

The room was big enough for one person. The location was okey, is not in the city center but is close as 5 minutes walking.

Decent hotel but lots of noise through the night
    • Budget Room

An awful night sleep. Staff were clinking and moving what sounded like glasses around 3:00 am. Our room was at ground level and the street cleaners woke us up around midnight. At about 5:30 there was loud, rhythmic thumping that sounded like someone playing squash, then we thought maybe pipes? No idea. Went on for nearly an hour. The room was hot. We had a budget room with beds that pulled out of the wall.

The room was clean. Breakfast was good. Near to a metro station.

Standard Scandic fare, a bit tight rooms and annex buildings
    • Economy Double Room

The hotel consisted of three buildings which is a little quirky. One has to walk to the breakfast across the street from the annex buildings. Room was on the bit tight end size-wise. The bathroom had quite straight views to the next building..

Clean rooms, sturdy scandinavian breakfast.

Don’t Judge by the Exterior
    • Standard Single Room

The exterior was unappealing. A little too far to walk from Central Station with a heavy bag.

Very quiet at night, comfortable beds, very clean room. Close to cafes and shops.

Great location and breakfast!
    • Double Room with Extra Chair Bed

The bathroom equipment was a bit basic but nothing really serious to complain about.

Very good breakfast, friendly staff, very good location. There are also a gym and a sauna but I haven't tried them.

Excellent!
    • Standard Single Room

The single bed was a bit too small, the matteress was slipping away... Not enough fresh fruit for breakfast. Luckily I was there during holidays, and the breakfast was served until 11:00. But the last day, on Monday, I could not take it. Too early to have breakfast until 09:30, honestly this is a broblem.

Everything was just great! Very professional and attentionate staff (many thanks to Elisabetta at the reception and also to Kelly). Very clean hotel! Nice and spacious single room! Excellent service! The water in the corridor is a huge plus!!!! Excellent experience for 5 nights! Thank you!

A nice hotel in a convenient location.
    • Economy Double Room

No fridge. Not perfect, but not too much to say here.

Comfortable hotel in quite a good location. Not too far from the central railway station and close to an underground station. The breakfast was great.

Beautifull

The restaurant for breakfast insufficient for the amount of the people staying in the hotel

Beautiful room, not very big but enough, in the centrum, very nice area around and close to old town.

Excellent choice of hotel for a first visit to Stockholm. Happy to recommend 5 Stars!
    • Standard Twin Room

Coffee at breakfast a bit strong for my palate. Coffee out of the machine in reception was better.

Room fit and finish could pass for a 4*. I liked the choice in the buffet breakfast ie lots of variety with a Swedish spin. Friendly staff at reception made us feel very welcome. Good location close to local bars and restaurants.

Perfect spot for a short stay in Stockholm.
    • Standard Single Room

Lighting in the bedroom was a bit dim. Other than that, no complaints at all!

Excellent breakfast, very friendly staff, great location - plus the hotel has the bonus of a gym, sauna and a great cafe! Very quiet at night and yet very close to the centre of town. I would definitely book there again.

Great facilities and location, wonderful staff

I stayed here last time I visited Stockholm, and booked to stay again because we we were so impressed with the facilities and location last time. We were in Stockholm because our 81-year-old family friend, who had never travelled abroad before, had always wanted to visit the ABBA Museum, so this trip was very special to us. The staff of the hotel went to so much effort to make her experience perfect, from friendly chats in the lobby every evening, to helping us to organise comfortable early morning transport to the airport, to surprising her by sending a hamper filled with Swedish sweets to her room. The hotel is a great base for exploring Stockholm, but the kindness of the staff members is what really makes it a fantastic place to stay. We're very grateful for everything they did to make our trip so memorable.

Excellent location, both to transport but also walking distance to the centre and old town.
    • Standard Single Room

Very welcoming reception area where you could buy a drink from the bar and sit or make yourself tea. Access to breakfast was simple using the room key. I appreciated that there were single rooms rather than having to pay a supplement for a double room.

Good Stay!
    • Double Room with Extra Chair Bed

Overall, the property is located near the metro and also some supermarkets and restaurant. Furthermore, the staff at the hotel were extremely friendly and helpful to meet whatever needs the guests have. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable, and also well equipped with a smart TV and hot water in the shower. Breakfast was also good.

what I liked is the location and comfy bed.
    • Standard Single Room

Hi, Actually I booked this hotel via my friend’s Credit Card and there was no mentioned about hotel payment’s policies which was cash free and when I arrived at 2:00 am in hotel I was in bad trouble, because I am living in Iran and we do not have Credit card because of embargo, so I had to call my friend in Germany and asked him to prepare whatever hotel needs and print the document out and fill in it and sign it. It was not fair at all it should be mentioned in Booking.com web site during the booking process.

what I liked is the location and comfy bed.

Highly recommended. Very good value for money.
    • Standard Single Room

Fantastic breakfast. Comfortable beds. Excellent location close to the city centre, restaurants and night life. Friendly and helpful staff. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Highly recommended.

Excellent place to stay in Stockholm
    • Standard Single Room

The hotel was in a good location - close to the city centre on a metro route (10 mins from the centre). The room was clean and had good facilities. Free good quality wifi. Excellent breakfast included in the price

Location was central but quiet.
    • Standard Twin Room

The beds were too soft and the double bed were in fact two single beds even though we had specifically asked for a joint double bed.

Location was central but quiet.

large hotel, good sized rooms, good breakfast and in walking distance to the city center
    • Standard Single Room

Unfortunately, 5th floor meant mezzanine floor. Since the room was located towards the road and directly over the main entrance, plus frequent doors slamming outside the room on the floor, it got a bit noisy.

It's a 15 min walk from/to Stockholm Central Station, and about 20 min to Gamla Stan. There are a lot of restaurants and shops nearby. Lovely rooms, everything there you would need, functionally and with taste furnished/equipped. Everything very clean. Plenty to choose at the breakfast buffet.

Comfortable stay in great central location
    • Standard Single Room

The main lights were not as bright as I would have liked and the wardrobe area was not well lit

The room was very comfortable and spacious, beds were soft and easy to sleep on. The hotel was in a great location and only a 5 minute walk to the nearest metro station stop.

staff were really helpful and friendly.
    • Standard Twin Room

Ordered a twin room and was given 2 beds next to each other, Not ideal but staff offered to changed room if we deemed it unacceptable

staff were really helpful and friendly. Location was excellent and breakfast was great

It is very clean, quiet room, great location, good breakfast...
    • Standard Single Room

Clumsy service at the reception, too soft mattress, they dont accept cash

It is very clean, quiet room, great location, good breakfast, sauna and sport center, value for money

The gym was great as well as the breakfast.
    • Standard Twin Room

The location was not great. And every time we wanted to have coffee the machine was empty or broken. I just did not like the place.

The gym was great as well as the breakfast.

The location is great, just five minutes walk from the metro...
    • Double Room with Extra Chair Bed

The extra sofa bed was quite uncomfortable to sleep in as comfortable as the normal beds. There can also be improvement on the luggage storage room, in terms of the security of the room as despite the door being controlled by the front desk, guest can also take other guests’ luggage as well without the front desk noticing.

The location is great, just five minutes walk from the metro station. There is also a comfortable lobby for guest to hang out, alongside free hot beverages and biscuits. The staff were extremely attentive and friendly. The room was clean and neat, and also well equipped with a kettle, hair dryer, smart tv and plenty of outlets to charge my electronic devices.

Grate breakfast till 11.
    • Double Room with Extra Chair Bed

Grate breakfast till 11.30 on weekends. coffee machine for free near reception is so awesome in cold days. Also sauna for free works till 20.30 that’s perfect. Reception personal is very kind and booked shuttle car to airport for me.

Nothing pleasant.
    • Economy Double Room

The room at the hotel was very dirty and there has been a used tampon in the bathroom just lying on the floor. That has been absolutely disgusting and nasty. We tried complaining to the personal but they didn’t even listen to us and they found that unimportant for them to deal with. Also bedsheets were quiet dirty and dusty. There has been a lot of dirt in the room itself. That shows how the personal is “happy” to see their guests and shows how the cleaning service does not do their work!

Nothing pleasant.

Nice stay
    • Economy Double Room

We were in a second building par of the hotel so every morning we had to put jackets and walk out to the other building. When outside is -10 that really makes a difference. I would have preferred to have the breakfast in the same building i stay. Also they told us we are on the 5th floor but it turns out that it is the 2nd ( they count basement, garage, entrance (ground floor), lobby, 4th floor etc. (This was actually funny)

Location is ok and breakfast was really good, they were making the rooms every day and changing the towels even if we did not leave them for change (on the ground as instructed). Everyone from the personnel was really nice and helpful.

I enjoyed staying here
    • Double Room with Extra Chair Bed

Location. Near located following: - Bus station; - Railway station; - Coop market (works till 23.00); - HAYMARKET (very tasty, must visit); - Shopping centers (Åhlens, Galery); and etc. Breakfast: just try it. It was really tasty! Rooms is very cozy, like at home. Room. For us it was a place for sleeping only, that is why disadvantages of the room wasn't so important. But for my opinion it's not enough light in the room. And my suggestion for staff to switch on room heating before people check in. Because first night there was cold. Bathroom. So, it's simple. It has heating on the wall, shower cabin without door. Cleaners do work good enough.

Horrible
    • Family Room with Shared Bathroom

Dirty rooms, a shower and 2 bathrooms for 16 people is unhealthy. When asked at reception if they could at least remove the papers from the bathroom, they said no because the bathroom and shower are cleaned once a week. I recommend you not to go to this place.

nothing, very incorfortable

Fantastic location and a very comfortable stay. Would definitely recommend.
    • Standard Twin Room

Bathroom tiles a bit dated.

So much food choice for breakfast. Room was spacious and bed very comfortable. Lovely to have the hot chocolate in the lobby. Great to have ice and water available.

Everything was great
    • Standard Single Room

Floor in the shower is on the same level as the rest of the bathroom which makes the floor under the sink etc wet if you're taking a shower for a little too long

Everything was great

Everything was perfect, additional plus is that they have...
    • Standard Twin Room

The Breakfast room is a bit busy in the morning but the breakfast was Ok.

Everything was perfect, additional plus is that they have coffee and Hot Chocolate for free at the reception. Good Location, Friendly staff and there is a wardrobe in the room

Breakfast was good, location was perfect.
    • Standard Twin Room

The bathroom had unpleasent sent as well as the water was going through the shower. The breakfast was in a different building.

Breakfast was good, location was perfect.

Nice and comfortable room, great location - two metro...
    • Standard Single Room

The air conditioning can't be turned off, therefore it is a little bit noisy, especially at nights and sometimes it is cold.

Nice and comfortable room, great location - two metro stations nearby, yo can get nearly everywhere by foot, breakfast is great, although it is only until 9.30, which can be early for someone.

nice comfortable hotel on great location
    • Standard Single Room

Very good cold and warm breakfast. Also a great lobby for a rest and take some hot choco or some tea. The hotel is in walking distance of main attractions.

• Standard Twin Room

Extremely expensive garage (SEK500 for 1 night). There we some construction noise early in the morning that we weren’t aware of. Although the staff was prompt to solve it.

Location close to subway ande convenience stores. Comfortable and clean room and bathroom. Good breakfast.

The breakfast was delicious with many options to choose.
    • Double Room with Extra Chair Bed

Illumination in the room to be improved, the room was very hot, I reserved a room for 3 people and it was very small, not comfortable at all. You see warnings to beware of thieves even in the restaurant which is inside the hotel. And be careful, they don’t accept cash.

The breakfast was delicious with many options to choose. Free tea and coffee 24h.

Too small room but great location
    • Budget Room

The rooms is too small for 4 people. Because of too narrow partition between toilet and shower area, the floor in restroom was easily wet.

Nice breakfast and excellent location

Helped to make our short visit to Stockholm enjoyable.
    • Economy Double Room

Excellent breakfast. Free on tap tea/coffee. Central location of hotel with close access to transport links. Friendly and helpful staff. Would happily recommend hotel to friends and relatives.

very DIRTY hotel and big problems with staff
    • Economy Double Room

Awfully dirty hotel (see attached photo). After arrival we observed dirty toilet bowl, ditry floor in the bathroom, on the floor in the room we found a lot of stones. We were suggested to change the room, but it's quiet hard to do it late in the evening with a baby. We stayed in dirty room, there were no staff to clean the room until morning. Some dishes at the breakfast were dirty. Emty packages from the gluten free products stood at the shelf, they were changed only after I put it to the kitchen window. Just to add - usually very long queue in the lobby at lobby, no possibility to ask quickly few questions. Very late time of check in and very small lugguage room

comfortables beds, good and rather big gym