Reviews of Pensionat Odengatan 38

Odengatan 38, Vasastan, 11351 Stockholm, Sweden

#18 of 144 hotels in Stockholm

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

A great room in a nice guest house for the price of the hostel.
    • Standard Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Great location, close to the city center. Below the House are bus stops, to the subway 6-7 minutes on foot. Near the house a lot of nice restaurants and shops. The object itself was very comfortable, we had a really huge room at your disposal. Bathrooms are shared in the corridor, but there was no problem with availability and cleanliness. One of the bathrooms is very small :) The breakfasts were tasty, although with a little small selection of products. We were late at check-in. The keys were waiting for us in the envelope and we received the codes for the entrance door by mail. A great solution! For sure it is a much nicer place than a typical tourist hotel.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Lovely atmosphere, very clean, loved the high ceilings and...
    • Large Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Lovely atmosphere, very clean, loved the high ceilings and furniture and the bed was very comfy. I was a bit unsure about the shared bathroom when I booked but it was fine, right outside the room and very clean/ modern. Nice breakfast, too and great location.

very comfortable Bed with good size rooms
    • Large Double Room with Shared Bathroom

No facility to make a hot drink in your room. Doors to bathroom had squeaky hinges , its a small point I know but such a simple fix!

very comfortable Bed with good size rooms

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

We stayed at the room with private bathroom, it is outaide...
    • Twin Room with Private External Bathroom

One thing only, if you open the window it can be noisy.

We stayed at the room with private bathroom, it is outaide the room but this is not a problem since there is another door that you can lock which access to thw corridor, if you want privacy and your own bathroom no need to pay much more to other hotels. The staff is very nice, room big. It is an old building, but this creates a good atmosphere.

Very beautiful apartment, with large bedrooms.
    • Standard Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The bus stop from the airport is not so close to the pension

Very beautiful apartment, with large bedrooms. There are a few shared bathrooms, very clean. Comfortable bed , good breakfast

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Hidden gem in Stockholm. Don’t hostel. Stay here!!!
    • Standard Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Nothing! Everything was great!

Lovely staff willing to help out and accommodate extra needs. Great location. Breakfast was really nice with fresh fruit. Lots of nice little touches - a bottle of water in the room, small individual rolled towels in the shared bathroom which helped me when I got locked out of my room - I could still freshen up in the bathroom. For the price - nearly the same as a hostel! - quality was amazing.

Great place to stay in Stockholm.
    • Large Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The kitchen was closed in the evening so we couldn't make coffee or tea. Maybe we understood something wrong. Anyway, it wasn't so crucial for us.

Everything was great. Ladies at the reception were so friendly. The room was as good as we expected. Everything was clean and cozy. Shower and toilet were outside but there were no any problems in using them. Breakfast was delicious and varied enough. There were either main courses or fruits. We stayed there for a night but would stay more if we had time.

Kind, helpful staff
    • Large Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I was unwell on the day we had to leave for the ferry. The staff were incredibly kind and helpful, making a huge difference in a difficult situation. Good breakfast very appreciated.

Great Stay!
    • Large Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Not much really - late check in directions were clear and very nicely provided. Although I prefer actual people to take care of things irrespective of time, but I understand the limitations.

The location was great! The room was decent and clean - slightly small, but that's fine. The staff was super warm and took care of everything. A special shout out to Monica, who took care of breakfast, which to me was the highlight of our stay. She made amazing coffee. The breakfast was fantastic and helped us start the day well, as we also met others on the breakfast table which helped us get more information about things to do. A nice, cute, little place.

Lovely place to stay while exploring Stockholm
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The breakfast was delicious with lots of variety. The bed was very comfortable. Only complaint is that the washroom closest to our room is very small. There is another one on the floor but it was always in use.

Excellent location for my purpose, beautiful house and room...
    • Standard Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I would not play ambient music in the breakfast area. It disturbs the sleep for the guests in the neighboring rooms

Excellent location for my purpose, beautiful house and room with antik decoration. Spacious room with lots of light. Friendly hosts

Excellent breakfast, location and staff.
    • Twin Room with Private External Bathroom

We were fortunate to have the only private bathroom (the other rooms all have shared bathroom). The private bathroom is designed for very small people!

Excellent breakfast, location and staff.

Amazing!

Nothing 😊

Just returned from a 3 night stay at this wonderful place! In short, perfectly located near bus & metro. Clean, well maintained, spacious room. Shared bathrooms no problem at all - there were clearly cleaned several times a day and never anyone in before us. Lovely fresh smell, abundant and delicious breakfast and fantastic hosts. Will definitely return!

Not great - would not stay here again.
    • Standard Double Room with Shared Bathroom

There were a few things that were poor in the hotel. It is opposite a nightclub which was very noisy on most nights we stayed there. I think this would affect rooms 6 and 7 most. Also the communal toilet, shower room is incredibly small. There was also mould in the room, which is quite unpleasant. Overall wouldn't stay here again.

The location is great and the room size is very big.

I rented the room without realising that there was no...
    • Standard Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I rented the room without realising that there was no bathroom inside, so I was a bit apprehensive about what I was going to find. But was very impressed by the place: the location was perfect, in a very lively area of Stockholm, surrounded by restaurants, coffee shops and lovely boutiques. It is around half an hour walking from the City Hall. My room was very big, tastefully decorated and comfortable. And very quiet! I never met anyone coming or going to the bathroom, which was absolutely spotless. The wifi worked very well. Breakfast was very varied, with a big basket of fruit in the kitchen for you to help yourself, and the lady preparing the coffee was smiley and pleasant. I would definitely recommend it to anyone!

Finally found a charming guesthouse in Stockholm instead of...
    • Large Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Finally found a charming guesthouse in Stockholm instead of the stiff hotels. Big, clean, charming rooms with lots of light and a refrigerator. Calm. Shared bathrooms were kept clean while I stayed here (1 night), nice breakfast. Central location. I would stay here again.

location, not far from T-centralen.
    • Standard Double Room with Shared Bathroom

No bath in room, curtains not suitable for summer time. Breakfast room is very small, not enough for guests. Breakfast quality is poor for the price.

location, not far from T-centralen.

That is nice! We are very happy
    • Large Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Small bathroom for a sweet moments with your satellite but it is not a problem cause the room has a biiig bad!

We were happy to stay at this pansionat because we had all we need for us inside and outside. We were near to center and close to all beautiful places that exciting city! I will recommend to stay here to all my friends when they will plan a travel to Stockholm!!!

I mostly enjoyed here - minus some details
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Unfortunately my marks for this place are lowered by the fact that our room (room 6) was facing the road and it was SO noisy with traffic. Thankfully I had my earplugs with me (I am a fussy sleeper, but my partner was also bothered by the noise) but sometimes it wasn't enough. In addition, the room was near the entrance door and to one of the bathrooms, and banging doors were noisy (don't know if other guests were not very delicate with the doors, or staff in the morning). I loved everything else here but didn't get a good sleep :( If I were to come back I'd ask for a room facing the courtyard. Another small thing was that the small bathroom was way too small, I don't know how anyone could even enter the shower! Both bathrooms were a bit dark, but these are not big issues. At least they were clean!

Clean clean clean! Breakfast was FANTASTIC, deserves 10 out of 10. Lots of variety (especially for people who do savoury breakfast) and great quality - especially the bread and mmm those biscuits! I only interacted with staff at breakfast but they were nice. In addition, they were nice and prompt to answer to emails - I asked about late check-in before I confirmed my booking, and they let me know, and again when I checked before my arrival that the arrangements were the same. They also sent the same info via Booking, which was nice of them. The late check-in is very well organised and smooth so that was also great. The location is nice, a very lively road, near transport. A bit of a walk to Gamla Stan but makes you appreciate other parts of the city, or you can take the metro for just a few stops.

Overall a great value for money!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

We were aware that the bathrooms are shared and the staff did their best to keep them clean. Noise from the street and a bit of a tired look. Needs a renovation!

The staff were all very friendly. It's an old house in a very attractive area of Stockholm. The breakfast was very nice. Overall great places for money.

Staff was very nice, our room and the bathroom were...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Staff was very nice, our room and the bathroom were perfectly clean, the room was well-equipped and comfortable. Breakfast was also good :) The city center is quite close. I highly recommend this place.

Thanks for a perfect weekend in Stockholm and a lovely stay at Pensionat Odengatan 38
    • Large Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Small bathrooms (but there was several to choose between so there was always one available)

For us (a couple, staying 2 nights) this was exactly what we needed. A perfect location, large room and comfy beds, totally ok breakfast and perfect service. I'm sure we will stay here again if we need a place in Stockholm.

Local hospitality at its best!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The staff really did there uttermost best to make you feel welcome :D Although next to a busy city road no disturbing sounds were noticeable in the room.

Short & easy stay at Pensionat Odengatan. Thank you!
    • Large Double Room with Shared Bathroom

There wasn't anything that we would feel a need to complain about.

Very friendly staff (we dealt with Draga, we think, and Peter) who were very accommodating on number of occasions, smooth communication with the Pensionat (we were arriving outside the reception's hours), great location in a nice district, with easy public transport to main attractions (and to a bus to and from the airport),

Pensionat is located 20 min on foot away from the city...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Pensionat is located 20 min on foot away from the city centre. Staff is very friendly. The breakfast is varied, we were even provided with a teapot and tea bags for the entire stay (very appreciated)!

This is an old stylish apartment buildings, but very...
    • Large Double Room with Shared Bathroom

This is an old stylish apartment buildings, but very spacious rooms with high ceilings and even chandeliers! If you want something very modern this is not for you, but otherwise everything is GREAT! Felt like we were living at home after a few days!

I will return !
    • Twin Room with Private External Bathroom

I like all of the details... The Location, They Setting, The People, The Ease of use the facility provided, The Rate, The Positive Energy The Property had within it!

Super!
    • Large Double Room with Shared Bathroom

This pension deserves 10+++. I was more than satisfied and surprised by all the details, aiming to make life and the stay easy and comfortable for the guest.

Lovely stay in a nice, bright room.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The shared bathroom was ridiculously small (had to open the shower door the opposite way to normal in order to get in) but there was another larger one around the corner.

Big room with lovely furniture and parquet floor, located in a nice old block with an amazing old-fashioned lift. Friendly staff member. The area had a lot of nice bars and restaurants, and was just a few minutes walk from a metro station. From the airport, we got off the bus at the penultimate stop, and it was about 10 mins walk from there so was reasonably handy.

Excellent!
    • Twin Room with Private External Bathroom

Fantastic stay, the lady who was taking care of the breakfast and cleaning was very nice and approachable, everything was clean and above expectations. The place is central in one of the best locations in Stockoholm, shops and facilities nearby, public transport to/from airport in few minutes. Absolutely recommended!

Lovely accommodation
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Nothing. I thought the accommodation was lovely and as described.

The staff there were fantastic, very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and tidy as was the shared bathroom. The beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was delicious with meats, breads, eggs, cheese, yoghurt, muesli etc. It is located on the first floor of the building but there is a lift or a spiral staircase to get upstairs. It is in a lovely area of Stockholm with many bars, restaurants etc. The metro station is about a 5 minute walk, if that, so there is easy access if you want to get to other parts of the city. I would come and stay again.

Reasonable price for central location
    • Twin Room with Private External Bathroom

The breakfast could be improved as there was not much choise. There is a little insulation and we could hear quite some noise from the street.

The location is very good as we could do almost everything by foot. The room was spacious, comfortable and well equipped.

Very good!
    • Large Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Everything was very nice. A small thing is that the rooms are just a bit noisy, you hear when others are walking around or talking. But this didn't matter so much as we were in the city most of the time.

Very friendly owner! Also the lady at the breakfast is very kind. Made us a cofee and told us we have to eat enough and bring fruit with us. When we had to check out very early we could even make our breakfast to bring it with us. The room we had is very beautiful and comfortable. It is all clean. The location is very good too.

• Large Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Unfortunately everything else except the breakfast was very bad. My room (nr5) had a very strong smell of cigarette smoke and since I can for check in at 18.30, I had check in on my own and couldn't ask for a new room. Beautiful room BUT the smell was too bad. All my things smelled the day after when I left and I woke up with a bad headdake due to the strong smell. Very sad for this.

Breakfast was good.

Absolutely amazing
    • Large Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The place was gorgeous and vestigially decorated. It was in an excellent location and the staff were wonderful and so friendly. The breakfast was a good variety and always delicious. Just loved the place and would definitely go again.

Very cosy and spacious room,clean bathrooms,friendly staff...
    • Large Double Room with Shared Bathroom

On friday night,there was a fade noise from bars outside but not disturbing.

Very cosy and spacious room,clean bathrooms,friendly staff and tasty breakfast. Central location close to everything,ideal for exploring the city.

It is very nicely located for me and the room was spacious.
    • Large Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I realized that I don't really liked the concept of a shared bathroom, although the bathroom was clean, modern and well equipped. But the shower and sink drain was not working properly and I had to wait in line a couple of times.

It is very nicely located for me and the room was spacious. The breakfast was very good with tasty coffee, fruits, vegetables, and the host also accomodated vegan options for me.

Clean, comfy hotel a bit out of town.
    • Twin Room with Private External Bathroom

The hotel was about 15 minutes walk from the city centre, which was a bit inconvenient for us, and the bathroom was really tiny!

Very atmospheric building, including a Poirot-esque lift to the hotel. Comfortable beds and well-equipped room.

I liked everything!
    • Twin Room with Private External Bathroom

I liked everything!!!!!!! The building, my room, the staff, the area in which it is located, the breakfast! Absolutely everything! I loved it as soon as I got in! I travelled around the capital cities of Scandinavia. This was by far, my best pick. Location: Good location in a residential area, with a non-tourist feel, walkable to the city centre. On busy Odengatan Avenue. The nearest T-bana station is about 5mins walk. On a good bus route too. Good shops, restaurants, fast food chains, Hard Rock café and supermarkets. Room: Spacious, cosy, comfy with (in our case) a private bathroom. Spotlessly clean (as the bathroom). High ceilings, hardwood floors. Big windows and as a result the room becomes hot during daytime though cool in the evening. Beds were incredibly comfy. A mini- fridge in room. Bathroom: quite small but spotlessly clean and new. Good shampoo provided. Breakfast: copious, with a great selection. Staff: Well organised. Friendly and accommodating. Helpful. Knowledgeable. Thanks Maria, for your warmess! Pluses: Fast wifi. , nice touches. Staff encourages guests to take along fruit from the bowl after breakfast. Great attention paid to details. We had an early arrival. Our room was ready. We were really grateful for that. Unfortunately you cannot use the kitchen in the evening. Only one drawback: having to leave! Thumbs up for Pensionat Odengatan 38!!! It is awesome!!!! Highly recommended! I would be back, no doubt!!! Should you need further details, read my review on Tripadvisor.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.
    • Twin Room with Private External Bathroom

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast had a wide variety of choices with good coffee. The extra details and sweets in the corridor are appreciated. The room was comfortable and the bathroom was always clean. It is near good restaurants and in an excellent area where the locals are.

Great place to stay for a short time in Stockholm
    • Twin Room with Private External Bathroom

Our bathroom was very cramped. Absolutely fine for one night, but it would have been awkward for a longer stay.

Very nice and well appointed room in what used to be a rather bourgeois apartment. Well organised and pleasant staff. Excellent breakfast with, amongst other things, a cool selection of these weird prawny cheese spreads that Swedes like so much! The area is great for dining out and the city centre is very close by. Great old-fashioned lift. Multi-storey car park metres away

Comfortable and friendly
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Great staff, very friendly and flexible - e.g. we were able to take a shower before check-in time after an overnight train journey and to leave our luggage in the breakfast room until late in the afternoon after checking out. The room was lovely and we never had to wait to use the facilities which were clean. Nice breakfast too.

Thoroughly decent place
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Minor problem with WiFi dropping connection with frequently. Very small shared bathroom (though clean and well maintained).

Nice staff, gave clear instructions about late check in, provided nice breakfast. Nice room, reasonable value in good location for restaurants/bars.

Great location great staff good value
    • Twin Room with Private External Bathroom

Room on the street side was a but noisy, then again it's in the city so should be OK. Bathroom was a bit small but clean and working. Great free shampoo :)

Location, staff, room

Good location, walkable to the city center.
    • Large Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Breakfast choice is limited, nothing warm except boiled eggs. TV has very few open channels.

Good location, walkable to the city center. Also close to parks if you like jogging in the morning. Nice staff.

Superb stay, would def recommend!
    • Large Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Maybe the breakfast area was a little cramped, but it was excellent other than that.

Really lovely property, fantastic decor, very quaint, very clean. The breakfast selection was great, and there were lots of nice touches, e.g. sweets in the hall, water in the room ready for your arrival, and they were happy for you to pay the following day if you arrived late. Location was also excellent, 15 minute walk to the city centre, and the road itself has lots of nice cafes on it. The staff running the hotel were so friendly and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Large Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Bedroom is really big. Though WC and shower are shared for several rooms, they are very clean and comfortable. Services are also good as you will be also informed about local news and traffic conditions when you are having breakfast.

Great gem of place, very close too Stockholm centre
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Maybe have a small fringe in room so can buy few bits,

The property is in a really good location two stops on the tube from central Stockholm station, and very easy to get around to all the highlights of the city. I felt safe at night in local area, lots of restaurants and bars including the Hard Rock Cafe, The room was a spacious double bed room including tv and most other here also bedroom facilities , strong free wifi, Share bathrooms that were cleared regular , the free breakfast was nice and set u up for the day exploring . When back in Stockholm will definitely book here again. Thank u Petre!!

Good location, excellent staff, easy to get to and from
    • Large Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Had one of the front rooms so was very noisy with partying & deliveries into early morning hours

Good location, excellent staff, easy to get to and from

Very nice place to stay, good value for money
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The only cons, that it is not really a place for family with small kids with buggy. B&B is located on the second floor of the old building with tiny lift and steep staircase. Place itself has a decent size bedrooms, however hallway is very narrow, too narrow for stroller.

Very nice and clean property, close to the city centre. Stuff was nice and helpfull, teasty breakfast. Althgough bathroom was shared between 4 rooms, was cleaned few times per day.

The tone for the property was set by by the elevator, it was...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

A very small thing but a kettle and some tea bags so I could make a cup of tea at bed time would be very much appreciated.

The tone for the property was set by by the elevator, it was grand. I really appreciated the decor and space. It felt very comfortable even luxurious. The breakfast were delicious and the staff super helpful with all sorts of little problems.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

I liked the place and would recommend it to the others.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The TV reception was poor and not many channels to choose from.

Nice workers, easy check in and out. Good location close to subway. Very tasty breakfast with delicious bread and fresh fruits.

Lovely and affordable place for a weekend getaway
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Only the fact that we had to wait for access to the bathroom sunday morning. Was to be expected with shared bathroom.

Great place to stay for a night or two. Close to the center but not in a very crowded area. The staff was very operative, room was lovely, cozy! Also loved the breakfast. Would definately come back.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Location is good, metro station in 5-minute walk, one may go...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Unfortunately it's not allowed to use kitchen at the evening (it's closed)

Location is good, metro station in 5-minute walk, one may go on foot to Old town. Clean bathrooms and towels, comfortable beds. Fast wifi.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Great place to stay
    • Large Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was a bit chilly. My only qualm :)

Loved the complimentary breakfast. Boiled Eggs, toast, coffee, fruit, lunch meat, yogert. The room was cozy, bed and linens comfy. Great location. A 20 min walk to the city. Grocery store right next to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

A great stay
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Our stay was totally perfect - people who work there are extremely friendly and helpful - thank You Monika! Facilities are clean and tidy. Breakfast includes everything that You need for a good start of the day. Room was cosy, bed - comfortable. Reasonable location - center, central station, on old town is in walking distance, also metro station nearby. Perfect stay for the weekend!

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Fantastic
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The wifi was not working in our room

Peter was extremely nice and welcoming. The breakfast was fantastic and the bed was the most comfortable i've ever tried. Thanks for everything

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Best stay in Stockholm!!!
    • Twin Room with Private External Bathroom

Absolutely love love it!!! The location is perfect, easy close access to the metro, room was beautiful, beds were comfortable. I loved everything about this location and recommend this to anyone!!! No need to stay in the city center, because this place is worth it!! The owner is super friendly and very very kind!! I plan on coming back for sure!!!

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

great place to stay in Stockholm, would def. come back!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

the bathroom were shared bathrooms, but it was completely fine.

the service was really good and we had great breakfast! The environment was great and it felt like home.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

A nice quick stay in Stockholm with a good location. Thanks!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Wifi didn't work in our room, but that the owner explained to us already when we arrived and for us it wasn't a big deal. Apparently it works fine in other rooms!

The room was really pretty and the bathrooms nice and tidy. The place was calm, no noises coming from inside nor outside to the room. The breakfast was simple but good, just what we expected and more! We were really happy with our stay in overall :)

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Value and cleanliness of rooms.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The shared bathrooms n toilets need to be remodeled as there both space constrained and dated in appearance. WiFi is available but signal strength is badly affected by distance and walls.

Value and cleanliness of rooms.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Experience Stockholm as a local. Best value for money.
    • Large Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The location is great, close to bus and metro stops. Also nearby the Stockholm School of Economics. Very stylish interior and cozy vintage furniture. Fresh breakfast and friendly staff! Loved it :)

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Clean hostel.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Check in was 14:00-18:00 and I arrived at 17:00, which should have been fine, but it was difficult to memorize the different codes I was being told while standing outside in the cold because the intercom kept cutting out. When I got up to the hostel the lady I met seemed irritated that I had not memorized the codes from the "late arrival instructions" I had been sent - she asked if I had not received them. The only thing was that I was not at all late!! Not a nice welcome at all - in fact it was weird.

Clean hostel. Nice breakfast. Wifi signal fine. Room nice and warm. Good facilities. Staff at breakfast very nice.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Ideal Location and Excellent Value for Money
    • Twin Room with Private External Bathroom

Maybe I would suggest to add some international TV channels: you can only watch few channels (5 or 6) most of them in Swedish. But this is a minor detail...

Cozy B&B plenty of atmosphere in a centric neighborhood rich of shops, cafeterias, and restaurants. Bedroom was tastefully furnished, breakfast copious and WiFi coverage perfect. We had the bedroom with private bathroom and I warmly suggest it if you like your privacy; in the site it is said it is separated, but actually is like a private ensemble closed by a door, you don't have to cross a corridor to go the bathroom in pajamas :)

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Excellent for a one-night stay
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The breakfast was not as excellent as described in Booking.com. The lady taking care of the reception and the breakfast in the morning did not speak English.

The room and the shared bathrooms were very clean. The vicinity to a main road was not a problem during the night.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

External private bathroom was outstanding / x2 locked...
    • Twin Room with Private External Bathroom

External private bathroom was outstanding / x2 locked doors between room and toilet - very private Great breakfast, very friendly and helpful staff and owner

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

This hotel is a really good option for this rather expensive...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Nice personnel but not very reliable. I was promised that I would recieve the receipt for my stay via email next day after leaving the hotel. Eventually I did not receive it. Fortunately I did not need it

This hotel is a really good option for this rather expensive city. Quiet room with a window :)! Breakfast very good!

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Had a pleasant staying
    • Large Double Room with Shared Bathroom

A little noisy due to kitchen and bathroom being nearby. Shower cabin was leaking and due to the bathroom being shared, I had to clean the water off the floor after every use.

Great location providing easy access on foot to the city centre. Room was big, bright and had a nice view. Hosts were very friendly and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

This was a very comfortable and centrally located place to stay!
    • Large Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The slobs who left towels all over the floor of the shared bathroom

Very comfortable bed, windows that opened, great breakfast with rolls straight from the bakery

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

City apartment
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Two city apartments turned into a hostel. You have to share bathrooms, and one of the room areas does not have contact with the kitchen area, hence no coffee, or tea available in the evening if you arrive late.

Comfortable bed. Clean room and bathrooms. Nice breakfast in the morning, shared table with the other guests - a cosmopolitan group.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Comfortable bed and good breakfast
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Not all personnel speaks English. No wi fi in the breakfast room. Small WC rooms and shower cabins.

It was very kind to change our double room to a twin one for no additional cost. We arrived late in the evening but received clear instructions how to get to the pension. The building does not look old from outside but has a wide circular staircase and lift with a cage like in old movies! The furniture is like from 60-70 but not produced and rather the imitated retro style. It was so sweet to find a bowl with Swedish candies in the corridor :) Bed is incredibly comfy! The towels are fabric but disposable, so after washing your hands you throw the towel into a bin which is changed every morning! For breakfast you get fresh buns with different types of ham, salami, cheese and vegetables. Muesli with coffee are for those, who prefer a healthier food in the morning.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

A delightful retreat from stressful daily life!
    • Large Double Room with Shared Bathroom

They provide shampoo and conditioner in the shared bathroom however I am used to toiletries being in the guest room so I foolishly went out and bought my own. Highlighting this in the checking in process would help unobservent people like me.

The rooms were gorgeous and the atmosphere of the whole place was homely, inviting and incredibly peaceful. The staff were so helpful and welcoming and I honestly did not want to leave! Excellent value for money and would definitely recommend.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

We spent 1 night at Pensionat Odengatan and absolutely loved...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

We didn't have a private bathroom but this didn't really bother us since we never had to wait for the showers.

We spent 1 night at Pensionat Odengatan and absolutely loved it. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, the rooms are cosy and the bathrooms very clean. We especially liked the Nordic-style breakfast that included many tasty local products. We will definitely return here when we come back to Stockholm and I highly recommend this hostel for anyone who's on a short stay in Stockholm.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Perfect Stay in Town

Friendly Staff, clean Rooms

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Great breakfast with lots of choices and friendly service.
    • Standard Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Great breakfast with lots of choices and friendly service. We had a room overlooking a quiet inner courtyard.

Browse Pensionat Odengatan 38 traveller photo gallery