Reviews of Scandic Anglais 4 stars

Humlegårdsgatan 23, Östermalm, 102 44 Stockholm, Sweden

#96 of 144 hotels in Stockholm

To change temperature in room make telephonecall to reception ! The noice of fans in the room for heating / cooling The staff tried to snatch the newspaper when I had breakfast

Nice staff

• Small Single Room

Main purpose of visit this time was work- related. Very noisy hotel and area, appeared to be at heart of night life. Very disruptive, disturbed sleep

Friendly helpful staff. Central location.

Not luxurious - they obviously don't believe in luxury towels for example. It's basic and functional, but like other hotels in Stockholm expensive by European norms.

Convenient location for my purposes, and the facilities were fairly good. There was a lot of confusion over my reservation on arrival which was sorted out after 10 minutes or so. Room was basic but comfortable, although there seemed a lot of street noise overnight

• Single Room without Window

For 1600 kr and the room is in the basement??? The room look very old too. I think you can find better offer than here. The breakfast is just an OK. I've been in better Scandic before, that is why I was quite disappointed.

Location is good.

• Single Room without Window

Stayed here a lot and I like the hotel but first time booking with you. I got a basement room with no windows I wanted to upgrade but hotel would not process my booking because it was booked with you. I was unable to contact you and I will not be booking with you again.

• Superior Twin Room

Some of the rooms were facing the buildings which was not very pretty. The bed could be more comfortable.

1. Cleanliness and house keeping 2. Variety at the breakfast

• Superior Twin Room

Great value for the money. Well furnished room with large bathroom. Large buffet breakfast that the family enjoyed each morning. Great view from our room.

• Small Single Room

For this price I would expect to have a room with a normal view; I was on the 2nd level facing some weird, cemented dark yard; the internet was really slow and breaking all the time

Perfect location in the center, very friendly staff, clean rooms, great breakfast in a nice cantine, comfortable mattress, ecological approach to toiletries (no small samples that people trow away anyway but refillable containers)

We had booked and paid for a "superior" room, but got a standard one. I have already complained about this, and was promised an upgrade next time I stay with the hotel.

I liked the lobby, ane the quick answer on my complaint.

Restaurant was very poor. Badly organized, rude staff, below bussiness hotel quality of Breakfast. No minibar in room. Bar staff tells me they are under instruction to charge extra ”carry-up” of 13€!! even if I take the beverage up myself!!!. I refuse and they give in. Bar is extremely busy and very loud, especially on weekends. Hardly standing room and bar staff arrogantly cool and difficult to get attention from. One lift broken for 3 days=5 min waiting for already full lift.

Room was good size. Location is perfect! Garage convenient. Reception staff great and very helpful with business support. Apologetic about poor restaurant and wishing me welcome back=nice touch. I will be back, but not to the restaurant and not on weekends.

No drinks in the fridge and you make your customers go down to get some drinks. So, I need to change all my clothes to walk through that fancy lobby, to get some water before going to sleep. Not a very wise idea! Secondly, this is not a cheap hotel and so, I expect for this price the minimum service of having a vanish kit and coffee/tea boiler in the room in advance. Last but not least, I could hear in my room the noise coming from the bar/bobby from downstairs.

The location And that there was an iron and ironing board already in the room.

Bath towels weren't clean. We don't advice to have dinner at Jamie's Oliver although the​ reception adviced!

Location, close to main sites. Good breakfast and parking. Nice lounge.

Room cards sometimes don't work, especially in the elevator you need to check it multiple times

Everything was great, every time I go to Sweden I try to stay at scandic, the service was really good

• Small Single Room

The information in the bathroom encouraged to save the environment (hang the towels if one doesn't want them to be replaced each day); even though the towels were hanged - they got replaced each day anyway... It also happened to me in another Scandic hotel already

Great breakfast in a very nice canteen; clean room and bathroom; nice location; iron, hairdrier and a fridge available in the room; sustainable cosmetics in refillable containers rather than small samples that people would throw away; super friendly staff!

The breakfast was very disappointing. The hot breakfast (eggs, bacon, beans and meatballs) were barely at room temperature and poorly prepared. Fortunately, they had a good selection of other stuff.

The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The tone of my trip was set when Martin at the front desk checked me in. Great stay, Great week

• Single Room without Window

A bit of wear and tear on the overall impression on the property. Did an upgrade upon checkin which I didn't discover until the last day that the room was placed next to the laundry facilities which had woken me up pretty much all mornings and disturbed during daytime.

Most of staff was very helpful with some exceptions.

The restaurant they recommended which was part of the hotel was not good Jacuzzi was not hot enough and very small Sauna was separated for men and women which was very weird Noise from lobby and street was really annoying after midnight

Breakfast was very good Room got warm after our request Lobby was very live Staff was helpful

very little room to store clothes if you want to unpack your suitcase. beds quite soft no bath mat to stand on when you get out of the shower, had to use hand towel no tea/coffee making facilities (we bring our own kettle as this is a problem throughout Scandinavia) bar is very lively at night especially the weekend - this could be a plus...

Central location Jamie Olivers Restaurant is the breakfast venue and available at night. Fridge and glass flask to store tap water - really nice

• Small Single Room

Too many kids running and playing in gym and relaxing room. Dirty yoga carpets, vibrator machine been out of work for over a year now. Breakfast room too small and overcrowded especially during weekends, a terrible experience. Hotel restaurant Jamie Oliver was a big disappointment. Felt like a restaurant who ones and for all want to prove how bad English food can be. Especially if its called Italian food.

Location. Reception with working tables. Very good service in the bar.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Quite noisy at night time from revellers outside, but this area is a busy nightlife area which I wasn't aware of at booking. If travelling with family maybe request a quiet room. Room was quite small for two adults and two children. Jamie's Italian restaurant was nice, but a little over priced.

Staff were lovely and helpful, we got kids packs for the children at check in. Facilities were lovely, and room was very clean. Kids loved the balcony. Special mention for housekeeping staff who tucked in all the stuffed animals when making the beds, the kids thought this was lovely! Hop on tour bus stop # 16 is just beside the hotel. Would stay here again!

• Single Room without Window

Do not take the rooms with no windows. This is quite strange, but I did not realize I booked a room without windows. Its underground and small.

Location is excellent.

N.A.

Scandic Anglais is very well situated in the center of Stockholm. I will choose this hotel also next time i´ll be there! It is close to everything except the big Arenas. In summertime it is also close to the ferries taking you to the Stockholm archiepilag! You can stay at better hotels but it will cost 2-5 times more! Well.... "Perfection may never be the enemy of good enough!"

• Small Single Room

My room was incredibly cold, and since the heat is regulated at the reception, I needed to call them several times and ask them to turn it on / up. The first one forgot, the others tried their best but it didn't work anyway. At last, I was told to take another blanket. That's ridiculous. The lift was supposed to work with room key only, but actually it sufficed to press a button. (I tried unvoluntarily because I forgot to hold the card the first time.) In other words, anybody from the street just could walk into the hotel and take the lift to the other floors.

Very good breakfast.

The hotel needs a restyling, rooms are clean and the comfort is ok but they are dated, also they need a better soundproofing since the traffic on the street and in the corridor are disturbing during the night.

The location and the atmosphere, staff very gentile. Room clean and with the normal comfort.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I booked family room to make sure it is a big room with king size bed, i found out the room is with two single small beds and the room was so small. In first day i arrived the shower was not working, called the maintenance and reception but no one is picking up the phone. I had to go down myself to ask for maintenance

Only the location of the hotel

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The worst housekeeping I have ever met. The everyday service literally consisted of making the bed and hanging the towels in line (even if they are visibly dirty). During my 4-night stay nothing in the room has ever been washed, wiped, swiped or vacuum-cleaned. We are a neat family, there have never been visible layers of dirt in the room, but all the tiny spots, pieces of paper, traces pf toothpaste and stuff were always in place after the service, clearly showing that nothing was done. I was so dissapointed that even stopped tipping. For a longer stay I would definately inform the management (or deep inside I hoped the service would improve and I wouldn't have to write all this).

Perfect location, friendly staff, nice breakfast. A regular room really suits a family with 2 kids. We asked for a quiet room, and were very happy to get one.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

For a 4 star property, it was a bit basic. We were apparently in the biggest family room, yet there was barely any space left after the beds were open. Mostly do it yourself hotel, with no service. For a family Travelling from Asia, with kids, ferrying luggage, getting your own tea cups, no electric kettle in the room were quite a lot to deal with

The location and the overall vibe. Convenient and accessible from the main hub . The staff was also friendly, but it seemed they were short staffed for a peak summer season. Having said that, they helped as best they could..

The location was fabulous. Great restaurants nearby and the hotel restaurant was great. We slept through breakfast and had a wonderful lunch before heading out in Stockholm. Our room was on the 8th floor with balcony. It was wonderful to open the door for fresh air and very comfortable when door closed. The staff was wonderful answering all questions for this first time Stockholm visitor.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

We had to request items several time, forgotten soap dispenser, pillows, and for two of the days, there was a foul order that was rampant through the halls, elevators and parking garage. It was of raw sewage, it made my daughter throw up and the smell was n our car for raw afterwards. We gaffe every time we opened the elevators. Aldo, parking was outrageous at $66 a day.

Breakfast was lovely

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Hair drier didn't work, but staff was very responsive for that. It is street hotel, so on Friday and Saturday there were too many people in the hotel (who are not hotel guests) who came to roof bar.

Very nice hotel for business trip or holidays in Stockholm. Excellent location, everything is very close. It is infront of the park with playground which was the extra bonus in our case. Highly recommended.

• Single Room without Window

I think three towels might be more handy than two (even though they are changed daily). Not possible to control the room temperature directly.

Great location - awesome place to start exploring the city, public transit nearby. Superb breakfast.

• Single Room without Window

Room without window was cold in the night and air conditioner was too noisy. Also, I did not liked that the emergency exit sign on the back of the door was shinning pretty bright all night.

Clean rooms, nice staff, incredible breakfast, cool jakuzzi, although sauna was cold and not working, also great bar and rooftop with great music.

Sofa bed.

Great location, friendly staff, rich breakfast. Style is from the early 90's covered up with low lights, but in good condition. The sofa bed was not confortable. I consider it is a bit overpriced.

Rooms facing the street are exactly opposite Stockholms biggest nightclub. Window are not sound proof so bring earplugs as pound as hell until 5am.

Nice bar

• Small Single Room

The loud music from the rooftop bar all night long was deafening. Why would you want to keep your guest awake at night?

Breakfast was fantastic! Staff was so helpful. Location was perfect.

• Single Room without Window

Towels had a slight odor.

I had a room without a window but it was fine considering the price! Very comfortable room although I couldn't turn down the air conditioning.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Balcony door was stuck but was fixed the next day. Surrounding is loud with bars and you may hear music and bar crowd yelling after midnight

Location is amazing Breakfast is generous with very good selection. They even offer gluten free and lactose free options

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Loud music They didnt change the sheets during out stay Cold room temperature Non smiling room cleaners

Excellent breakfast Good location Friendly reception

- Dirty public toilets - Messy breakfast area (dirty tables, meeting rooms turned into seating area to manage large crowd, too few staff) - Messy entrance rooftop bar, dated decoration, dying plants - Stain on bed linnen

+ Extensive breakfast selection + Design lobby area + Location heart of city center

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

If you're a light sleeper then you may find the noise from the bars below a bit too much and have difficulty sleeping until much later (around midnight to 1am).

We loved the breakfast smorgasbord, there was something for everyone and everything was fresh and delicious. The location of the hotel was handy with many great eateries, sights and shops within walking distance. Interiors were smart and slick in design and a great locally made in Sweden brand - Face Stockholm - of shower gel, shampoo and conditioner was available in the bathroom.

No jugs of milk for cereal; milk dispenser machine only useful for hot drinks. Cold scrambled eggs

Variety of breads & cold meats fantastic. Great choice of cereals & cheeses

- Bedrooms are small.

- Really friendly staff, all spoke fluent English. - Nice Jamie Oliver restaurant in hotel. - Enjoyed the Jacuzzi. - Located in a great spot.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Noisy neighbourhood Lots of bars/pubs/restaurants around-bit noisy till late in night

Conveniently located in a affluent area Excellent transport system

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The drains smelled awful in our room (eggs/urine) and our friends', which was very off putting. Had too keep the drains and bathroom door closed. Our friends' room was only cleaned twice during the five day stay. We also found the front desk staff quite cold. There was not enough seating at breakfast, unless you went very early.

Location was excellent (the park across the road was perfect for the kids to play -- wonderful playground on the north end), and the rooms were of a bigger size than we expected. Huge windows, so lots of light in the day. The breakfast selection and quality was quite good as well.

The roof top bar was closed because of midsummer! And the opening times written on their reception was totally incorrect!. The staff had no idea what was written on that info card and they had no idea when it was open. So during our stay and later in the same week we could never get into their very much promoted bar. I don't understand why they should promote it if it isn't open regularly.

I chose the hotel because of it's location and the famous roof top bar. The location was perfect as I already knew it but the roof top issue was a total riddle. The lounge bar is great, the staff is good and the cocktails are delicious although the prices are a bit high compared to rest of high class Stockholm bars. The breakfast is rich and long weekend breakfast is priceless.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The decor was a bit dated in the rooms and as the bed was more of a "cot" style it wasn't as comfortable as I would have liked it to be. However, despite those minor details, we had a great stay overall because after a full day of exploring the picturesque and endlessly walkable city, we all fell asleep without a second thought.

Overall fantastic stay at Scandic Anglias Hotel with a great and convenient location; friendly, helpful and overall awesome front desk staff; tastefully prepared complimentary breakfast with a variety of choices; and clean/generally comfortable rooms.

Lobby gathering area shutdown and guests were asked to leave it near midnight. Made this very difficult for gathering and felt unwelcoming. Family rooms had less sleeping space than expected.

Proximity to central Stockholm

Room temperature would get a little high; had to call down to desk to get adjusted.

The free breakfast is wonderful; they put out a huge spread with great variety. Excellent quality!

• Single Room without Window

Hotel gym could have been equipped better, basement rooms are too small, and ventilator noises are quite unsettling( And can not be shut off). However, when mentioning this to staff, the room was exchanged to one situated on another floor that was excellent.

Great breakfast, nice area and overall good facilities.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Lobby is a busy bar at night. We didn't mind it, but it's good to know if you're someone who wants a more gentler, peaceful experience.

Great breakfast; helpful staff, rooms were modern, spacious enough. Comfy beds.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Hotel rooms are too small and bathroom was not as clean as 4*. 2 old elevators operating not as fast, it takes ages to get anywhere by elevator.

Awesome location, very close to old town, subway just few meters away from the hotel. Directly at the spot of many bars, restaurants, and nightlife. Very nice restaurant in the hotel, tasty meals and breakfast service was awesome. Friendly staff

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Breakfast is already great but should add more fruits and veggies.

Excellent location! Enough space for a family of 4. Room very clean, new and comfortable. Love the heated bathroom floor! I would def come here again.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Extremely expensive parking 420kr/night and no info about those rates in booking.com In booking.com we booked a room for 2 adults and 3 kids but up on arrival their roms are only for 2 adults and 2 kids so very misleading!

Location was accessible. Awesome breakfast.

Bed would have been comfortable if the mattress did not slant to one side. Although our room was quiet, as requested - this is a party hotel - Luckily, we could not hear the boom-boom of constant music, in our room - but the noise of rowdy party goers in the corridors at night interrupted our sleep.

Great location and breakfast. Room and bathroom were basic but clean. Fridge and safe supplied in each room.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Rooms with views to the park a bit noisy until 0am when the outside terrace closes

Location perfect , rooms with a lot of light , bathroom big enough, beds comfortable, restaurant in the hotel Italian with very good food. Breakfast very convenient

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The elevator is insufficient. A number of times we waited and waited, and when the elevator came by, it was too full and we had to let it pass. But they do not make it easy for you to take the stairs. When you get to the 1st floor, there is a warning that the door is alarmed. Actually, it isn't -- we blew through it -- but this definitely put us off.

The breakfast just kept getting better and better. At first, we saw the first table, and we thought that was it. A continental breakfast with cheese, ham, tomatoes and cucumber, ok. But then we discovered another part of the buffet, with fruit, porridge, cereals, nuts etc. Ok, perfect! And then we realized there was yet another part of the buffet . . . with eggs, bacon, and Swedish meatballs! So the breakfast definitely exceeded our expectations!

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

When we arrived, the reservation system was down, so we couldn't enter our rooms for 2 hours. Things like that happend, of course. The reception staff was polite, but not very sympathetic.

Amazing breakfast

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

The hotel is in a great, central location especially for visitors to Stockholm. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast had a good variety of dishes, a gluten free section and lactose free options as well. The hotel staff were great - efficient and friendly. The staff on the check-in desk went above and beyond to get us into a room early, (as we had travelled overnight by train), AND did the same for our travelling companions AND took the trouble to find rooms close to eachother. Thank you Front Desk Staff!

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

We didn't realize we would be entering into a big party scene. Not relaxing at all. Also, the double bed was just 2 twins pushed together. So uncomfortable, if you like sleeping next to your spouse.

Breakfast was good

• Single Room without Window

I would have liked the breakfast to have more Swedish touches with more emphasis on pastries, local cheeses, overnight oats or filmjolk. There was a bit of dust in some places in the room but that is just me being very particular. Also, the access card which you need to use to operate the lift doesn't always work (sometimes you have to keep inserting it 3 or 4 times) which can be annoying.

I had a really great stay at Scandic Anglais hotel. The staff were very nice, the room was small but comfortable - I especially liked the Face Stockholm toiletries and a beautifully edited illustrated Stockholm guidebook to help me plan my holiday. The breakfast was delicious and included everything you could wish for including hot and cold options.

Heavy music until 5am!!

Appalling to pay for a room that faces Spy bar. Open to 5sm wiith heavy music. Impossible to sleep and will formally complain when back in U.K.

This hotel is in a fairly noisy location, and the windows are not soundproof. I've stayed at this hotel before and have chosen to come back as I still think the hotel is a good choice (and the beds are very comfortable).

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Reception staff was new and too artificial. The person was not knowledgeable and couldn't guide tourist. Anyways we found a way and enjoyed the city and surroundings.

Location combined with the vibrancy in and around hotel

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The gluten-milk free buffet section for breakfast Could be better. More place for it as a lot of people need this and a larger buffet with more choices. The sofa bed in the family room is defenetly not large enough for 2 children (7 and 9).

The location is great. The restaurant Jamies Italian as well as the normal breakfast buffet were great!

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

The light. It was too dim. I wish the room could be brighter.

The location was near to public transport. Jamie Oliver restaurant is just besides our hotel. (They actually share the place with Hotel Scandic). There are place for you to store your luggage. It was a great experience. There also some places to eat nearby.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

The reception doubles up as a bar - expect to have to fight through smokers to get to the entrance, make it past the bouncers, have to shout to check in then drag your bags through drunks to get to the lift! There was a popular club opposite our room, despite being on the 6th floor it was extremely loud until the early hours. The windows weren't double glazed and it sounded like they were wide open. Just a small niggles, but limited toiletries (shower gel and shampoo only), very small towels and no tea/coffee facilities in room.

Beds were very comfy and room was very clean. Breakfast was fantastic, there was something for everyone and all very high quality, lots of organic and special diet foods.

For some reason we were not able to turn the light in the bathroom completely off (we had it before in Stockholm so maybe it is a thing there). But since there was a glass window the bathroom light kept lighting the room. Which was really annoying. Our room was also located at the back and it was quite noisy there.

We had a superior room and it was big with 2 nice comfortable beds and a flatscreen tv with a sofa and chair and table. The room was nice and clean and the bathroom was big and very clean as well. The sauna and jacuzzi area was very pleasant and there was also a decent fitness. The breakfast that was included was really good!

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The furniture - curtains for instance - is sometimes old-fashioned. Sound isolation could be improved - being in a family room with my daughters we were startled to hear a couple loudly climaxing in the next room...

The location, just 30 meters from Stureplan, is perfect. The staff is very friendly and service-minded. The breakfast is abundant and healthy. The restaurant is Jamie Oliver's Italian Restaurant and the bar and lobby areas are pleasant. The mini-bar in the room is empty which spares you the trouble of asking the reception to empty it for you.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Unfortunately I was in a room above the main street which had a very busy taxi rank on a Saturday night. Terrible nights sleep due to the loud crowd outside until 3am and the bright lights shining through the non-existent curtains. Hotel was nice, just don't expect a relaxing night at the weekend!

Hotel was good value for money. The reception & bar area was lively both during the day and more so in the evening (which I really liked). Staff were always friendly and the Jamie Oliver restaurant for breakfast was a highlight.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

• Single Room without Window

The bed wasn't very comfy - it had a top mattress. Also, there was quite a lot of noise very early morning.

Great location and facilities: gym, bar, restaurant and jacuzzi.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Room was quite dark and small. Control for air con had to be adjusted at reception

Good breakfast, helpful & friendly staff. Good location, near good restaurants, food market and shops. Bed was nice and soft

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The family room is very dark and there are no enough lamps in the room. The beds are too soft so expect a back pain in the morning.

The hotel is in the city center. The location is very convenient if you plan to walk around. The breakfast is served in Jamie's Italian and is very tasty.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

The downfall for me was that the curtains were see through and as it is next to a main street with bars, it was so noisy. I found it hard to sleep and would put me off staying there again.

The best bit about this hotel is the location and the bar area. It has a great vibe and you just want to sit downstairs the whole time! The food and staff are also great. The beds are really comfy too!

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Single Room without Window

No window in the room! Also unpolite staff when arriving, because of the misuderstanding of the payment. I - as a guest - didn't make the booking and the misunderstanding was not my fault. I asked the owner of the matter to call the reception, but the person there didn't have time to serve me or the caller in the phone. Instead he took all the other guests first. So I had to wait and finally stand in the line again to get to the desk and to have my situation ready.

Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

1. Miss the soap and shampoo the attached dispensers suck they are bad to offer a BAR of soap would be great. 2. No milk in the room but a expresso machine

Browse Scandic Anglais traveller photo gallery