Reviews of Scandic Continental 4 stars

Vasagatan/Klara Vattugrand 22, 101 22 Stockholm, Sweden

#29 of 144 hotels in Stockholm

• Superior Twin Room

Breakfast was good, but the important things, like scrambled eggs and croissants were not the best I have had

The roof top terrace is of course very appealing, but there is also a more quiet sun deck, where you can relax after a hard day's work.

• Double Room without Window

It was overcrowded in breakfast with a really long queue and tables that have not been cleaned. They have many floors and many different places to accomodate multiple breakfasts but they choose to only open one floor. This creates a mass of people walking to breakfast and staff that doesnt have time to clean all the tables and refill the platers. The breakfast in the roof garden would be great and would helped de-load the main floor by distributing the guests better.

We loved our room. We chose a room without windows as we aimed for isolation and sleep. It was so quiet and clean that we absolutely adored it! The gym was excellent. Quiet and well maintained, we enjoyed few workouts. The location and the roof bar are the absolute plus of this hotel. We were walking distance to the centre and at nights we were enjoying a drink at the roof bar with an amazing view of the city.

• Queen Room

The hotel room was very basic but functional in a typical Scandinavia fashion. It would be nice if the hotel can provide bedroom slippers, robes and basic bathroom kits.

We arrived early in the morning from a cruise. We were not able to get a taxi at the cruise centre and called the hotel for help. The taxi arrived in less than 10 minutes as promised and it only costs Sek224(U$30/-) compared to the Price of U$500/- quoted by the cruise. We were also able to check in at around 10am, much earlier than the 3pm check in time. The front desk was very efficient and helpful. The location is excellent, right next to The Central Station and also within walking distance to many attractions and shopping. The breakfast spread was great and even catered to people with allergies! I would highly recommend this hotel to any traveller who is looking for a convenient location.

• Queen Room

Avoid room with columns that go down to the metro system. The noise from the metro travels along the columns and you will get an early morning wake up call.

• Double Room without Window

Had a room without a window which worked OK but amazingly fiddly to turn on electricity need better lighting

Good location. Good breakfast location 8th floor at weekends. Great modern building

• Queen Room

We got "a visit" in our room although nothing was taken, but all our clothes were moved and suitcases were opened but the security people said "no-one else then us had been in the room. But when you see your stuff moved and clothes that you have down in your suitcase now on top, you know someone has been there. A BAD feeling. The hotel did nothing more then tell us the supposed "result" from checking the entry lock. The guy who did it never showed me the results in his laptop, just said "I have to report this to my boss". If there had been nothing strange he could have shoe=ed it to us directly! Also just in the entrance there are many people standing and smoking, not a very nice welcome!

Nice staff and VERY good breakfast with many alternatives even for allergic people.

• Standard Twin Room

No information how to follow security, use access card in lift , how to enter / use parking for car, keys for room failured, booking parking on line not possible,

• Double Room without Window

Breakfast finished too early and crowded; only instant coffee if you drink decaffeinated. No wardrobes or fridge. Rooftop bar full of non-residential.

Position. Nice big bed.

• Queen Room

Superb location - access directly from the Mall in Stockholm Central Station. Breakfast was excellent - so much choice! Very clean, comfortable hotel, with a great rooftop bar and terrace.

• Superior Twin Room Plus

Breakfast area busy. Would be perfect to allow entrance at the hotel also from level 1 (Klarabergsgatan)

The hotel is situated in a good position, very close both central station and Arlanda Express station. Gamla Stan and shopping areas can be reached at n few minute walk. The hotel looks elegant with very nice furniture. The room was clean as well as others areas. Excellent breakfast.

• Queen Room

Room was very small (Although use of space was very clever) and the view was of an internal atrium with people having meetings. We had to keep the curtain closed for privacy.

Really nicely maintained and clean room. Hotel is right opposite the Central Train station and easy walk to the Old Town so location is perfect. There was a cool rooftop bar with views over the water. Great breakfast. Room was very quiet

• Queen Room

The only two things that weren't too nice were the crowded breakfast room on the last two days and the lack of child seat for the bikes.

Great frontdesk people! We got a great room with a wonderful view. We loved our stay as did our 3yo son!

• Standard Twin Room

Stayed for one night, was in town for a concert. Everything met my expectations Nice clean hotel. Perfect location if you want to be close to major subway, buss and train hubs. Excellent breakfast.

• Superior Twin Room

Very centrally located, clean rooms and facilities and staff were very friendly. Beautiful sun deck with a view of the city. Fantastic breakfast with plenty of choices.

• Queen Room

Typical business hotel, not the sort of place I would stay at with my husband. Lacking in soul and personality but this is just typical of a business hotel.

Good central location, and good breakfast selection.

• Standard Twin Room

The ceiling should be more sound proof.

Very close to train station. So if you have luggages or do not want to walk with a backpack this ıs the perfect spot. Room was spacious, the hotel has a nice roof where you can watch beautiful cityscape. And also you will enjoy a great breakfast. There is small gym downstairs also where you can do some fitness. People at the reception was so helpful. We did not wait neither at check in nor check out.

Can't really point anything

Enjoyed the design. The ambient in the hotel was great. Amazing breakfast and with long operating hours again not normal in hotels. Staff was very kind and helpful on guiding for a dinning experience.

• Single Room without Window

The hotel only lacks a spa area.

The location next to Central Station makes it perfect stay in central Stockholm. The breakfast is unbelievable and the bar on level 8 is worth a visit.

• Queen Room

Unfortunately there was no opportunity to open the window in our room but this is the only negative point.

Nice room, fantastic breakfast, gym well equipped, awesome location - in front of the central station and in walking distance to almost everything.

• Single Room without Window

the night before I asked what time breakfast finished. They said 1200h. Being someone who goes to many hotels, I asked if they stopped serving at 12 or entrance at 12 was good. I was told entrance at 12 was good, anticipating the breakfast would be available for the next 30 minutes or so. Upon arriving at 11.56, Half of the breakfast had been cleared. I was refused to get a dish to get some food. A discussion / argument ensued. The girl in the breakfast area had run to the reception before I could get there! It was evident that I had been told the wrong information. However, I was more angry at the total lack of compassion in letting me have a dish and plate when there was food still available to be served up. The hotel staff tried to sort the issue by offering me coffee and food at the snack bar but I did not want this for my diet. Staff seemed to show care and compassion but were unwilling to resolve the solution by simply letting me eat the breakfast that I had paid for! There were many many people still eating and I guess would have been still eating for the next 20 minutes. A very sad incident to an otherwise good hotel If this incident had not have happened the hotel would be rated, 9.5 easy! However, it is now nothing but a 3.

very comfy hotel in an excellent location overall I was very pleased except for one issue which is mentioned in the didn't like section TERRIBLE attitudes at breakfast

No minibar/fridge. We had some yogurts and stuff so we asked to stow it away in the fridge at the reception, which is inconvenient.

Great location close to Gamla Stan, lots of restaurants and shopping as well as transportation options. Breakfast was very nice with a lot of økologisk choices. Good comfy rooms with nice spacious showers.

• Queen Room

Super nice rooms and the breakfast is amazing. Also I worked there and they have the most laid back lounge to chill or work. Location is as central as you get 20 m next to Stockholm Central Station.

• Queen Room

I booked a queen room. First we got a room for disabled (which is great that they have one), but we didn't want to stay in there. Then we got a twin room with two beds. The only reason I booked a queen room was to get one big bed, so it was a bit disappointing, but I didn't want to complain and move for the second time. The breakfast was very nice, but the room is just too small to serve everyone in a reasonable time. When we decided to go back at 11.00 instead of waiting at the door for a table (breakfast is served until 12.00 during the weekend), the buffet was already not filled up like it was at 9.00. Overall not big deals, but the room was quite expensive so we expected to get everything right, which was not the case.

The breakfast was very nice, great selection, good quality. The location is super, so close to everything. The view from the room and the sundeck is amazing, and the staff is very friendly. We had to check out very early, and we even got nice breakfast bags, that was a nice plus. Overall we had a great stay in the hotel.

• Standard Twin Room

The hotel was in an perfect location and subway was just around the corner. Our check-in experience was excellent. We arrived early and just hoped to store our luggages, but the room was already ready and the check-in was possible before the prescribed time. Room was clean and bed comfortable. Had a good sleep. Also quiet hotel. Nice that hotel have a kettle in a room and also tea bags and coffee. Breakfast was good and the selection was big enough. Really nice atmosphere! Totally worth for it! Thank you! Till the next time!

• Double Room without Window

The service in the Skybar was not on Level with the place. Very cold personal - the looked bored!

Very well placed, nice and big beautiful rooms. A very good standard

• Superior Twin Room

I have stayed at many Scandic hotels. This time I selected a superior room since I was staying over the weekend for leisure. I could not see the benefit of paying for a superior room. There was no fridge in the room and the quality appeared similar to a normal Scandic room at other hotels. I was on the top floor, the sign indicating where my room was when you exit from the elevator says right, it was actually left. There were palm trees placed in front of the elevator buttons on floor 1 (breakfast floor) which was a slight hassle for me, but I know annoying for disabled access. The breakfast selection is spread out over the restaurant which is not indicated at all. There is a waffle station and good freshly ground coffee machine in the diagonal opposite corner from the buffet which I found on the last day when I was leaving.

The breakfast on the weekends is open until 12midday which is great to enjoy a sleep in.

• Queen Room

There could have been a fridge and bath robes in the room, but not essential.

The hotel bar had a terrace with a lovely view. We had a queen room on the 10th floor which was spacious and had a lovely view overlooking a nearby church. The room was comfortable and warm. Breakfast runs until 12 on the weekends which was great. The hotel had a luxurious modern style and was in a good location to see different areas of Stockholm and catch the train to the airport.

• Queen Room

I stayed here last time on a Sunday, and forgot that the restaurant is shut. Also many other places closed Sunday night?? Must be a Swedish thing. Room temp couldnt be controlled.

Opposite Station, nice room and breakfast

• Queen Room

Bathroom was tiny and the bathroom amenities did not classify as a 4-star hotel. Scandinavians have a track record when it comes to hotel breakfast. Even though there was a large buffet, I wouldn't classify the food offered as great quality. Would advise you to check with the reception as to late check-out: it comes at an extra charge. Even though the hotel has a great terrace, it was closed (?), so no city of Stockholm photo opportunity there...

Down-town hotel, decent accomodation.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Double Room without Window

Perfect location - it's easy to get to the hotel and it's only a few steps from Stockholm's metro. Very comfortable beds, great breakfasts with a huge variety of dishes. And the personnel was very helpful!

• Single Room without Window

Morning 'DIY' coffee isn't a fun thing so I had to buy coffee after breakfast. Room was too small without windows, make me feel like staying in 8 Ball Motel.

Its a nice place but it's too expensive, I was staying also in another hotel in town with great location and a well designed room. At Scandic the room was very clean and well organized but it was too small ans 'basic' (in my terms). It felt more corpoarte hosting than a inviting 'family' hotel. Will recommend for people who are coming for business purposes or in need to stay close to Stockholm central station. Breakfast was great but during middle of the week every day was the same, no suprises.

• Queen Room

Fire alarm and evacuation at 4am and staff didn’t think it was worth apologising even though it was a false alarm cause by cleaning staff as we were told. Breakfast area was very busy.

Modern design, great rooftop, yummy breakfast, comfy beds, nice views, perfect location

• Queen Room

When we make the reservation from booking.com the alternatives for the rooms were different and there were no remarks about the windows. We reserved for a queen room with a bed which was supposed to be at least 151 cm wide, but when we checked in to the room, the window of the room was looking inside the hotel and the bed was so small that they even put only one pillow. After we talked with the reception, they said that "it is a queen room, so the bed must be wider" and they upgraded our room to a superior room. After we went to our new room they checked if everything was OK. We appreciate their behaviour :)

The hotel is just across the central station and very close to Gamla Stan & City Hall. The breakfast was great. The rooms are very clean and the architecture of the hotel was nice. The view of the room was good: roof tops of the buildings:) The view from the bar and the terrace was very nice. It's a cash free hotel, so don't forget to tke your credit card with you:) They upgraded our room after our complaint about bed.

• Queen Room

The breakfast time till 9.30 within the week is not appropriate and already at 9 o' clock the Buffet is mostly gone. The Hotel is really expensive and should be albe to organize clean tables as well as enough refill of bread, cereal etc.

Nice Hotel, very friendly staff. Very good beds.

• Double Room without Window

The room was tiny, bathroom was tiny and I didn't have any window! The whole room was entirelly walls. In addition, when I tried to ask for a late checkout, the member of ˀstaff who talked to me on the phone was extremely rude and hung up on me.

Room was clean and well decorated. Apect of the hotel was good and clean.

• Queen Room

Very crowded in the breakfast room. Little space for the buffet

Super service-minded and friendly staff. The hotel was fully booked, but they went to lengths to combine my two different bookings so that I could stay in the same for the entire stay. Nice roof top bar. Quiet and spacious room

• Superior Twin Room Plus

We stayed at another Scandic hotel in Oslo, but this one in Stockholm was much better. The décor was more modern. We preferred a bathtub instead of a shower, but came with full amenities. The breakfast was superb, and the location was perfect to catch a train.

• Superior Twin Room

free table at the breakfast. sauna was separate for women and men - not good for pairs. too soft bed. No wardrobe in the room

very good breakfast but hard to find a free table every day we came fo it. Pretty busy all the time, but the food was very good. Nice bariery of different options. No wardrobe in the room. But very nice place, nice people, good locations.

• Double Room without Window

The room cleaning was not good as most of the days I stayed the room was not cleaned well !

Some of the hotel staff were very good and the others are mask face and I feel them aggressive ! The location of the hotel is good

Price

The hotel delivers what you'd expect from a 4-star establishment: comfort, facilities, location, great breakfast, perfect cleanliness and professional staff. The problem is price, which is too way too high compared to similar hotels in other European capitals. But this is a general problem in Nordic countries, not necessarily an issue specific to this hotel

• Queen Room

It would be helpful if they could clarify upon check in, the two breakfast room options for guests.

We enjoyed everything about this hotel. The decor was very cool. The rooms and bathrooms are recently updated with comfy beds and bedding. The WiFi and A/C worked well. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was amazing (a generous amount of hot and cold options). There were two dining rooms open for breakfast so I never had trouble finding a table. The location is central making it very easy to walk to the train station as well as to the center of town, to the harbor, and to Gamle stan. Check in and check out was super easy. I particularly like their quick and easy online check-out system.

• Queen Room

Breakfast room a bit too hectic, but I wouldn't lose the sundeck to expand breakfast area availability.

Great service at front desk on arrival, room carefully selected by Emil Bodin, taking early checkin into consideration. Luggage stored efficiently on checkout. Great selection at breakfast, but mostly the views from the sundeck 🇸🇪😍😍

• Double Room without Window

Fire in McDonalds next door filled lobby of hotel with smoke. As an Architect I know this should never happen. We walked down 11 floors when elevators shut down but could not hear fire alarms in our room. Room with no windows and not being able to hear fire alarm is a bad situation.

Great location and good breakfast. Staff were very helpful.

• Superior Twin Room

Didn't have any toothpaste nor slippers , nor any disposable water glasses although it had even ironing facilities in the room.

Excellent location. Beside the Stockholm main railway station.

• Single Room without Window

Property is right at Central Station and is a bit chaotic outside. Hotels one or two blocks away are quieter and have nicer surroundings. This feels like one of the more unsafe areas of Stockholm simply due to the train/metro station and homeless people/beggars in the area. When I was checking in, I was offered an upgrade option that cost a lot more than options I saw online while booking, and although I was interested in upgrading to a room with a window, the lady who checked me in was completely dismissive when I mentioned the price difference. I wouldn't stay here again unless it was a major savings over other nearby hotels as just a block or two up the street is a much nicer area with coffee bars & restaurants and a cleaner/safer vibe.

The view from the rooftop terrace was nice.

• Queen Room

Everything very frugal, room standards far below expectations. Clean, and pretty new: but also very basic. Won't come back, sorry.

Very friendly staff at reception and house keeping, less at lounge bar (best were the weekend extras, but fully employed daily staff definitely need to be trained into a more hospitable attitude).

• Queen Room

Very hard to find someone to help at the buffet breakfast. Felt like there was only 1 staff going around and clearing the tables. The long tables only have 1 set of salt and pepper.

Located next to Stockholm Central Station where the Arlanda Express train go to from the airport. Room was clean. Bed was comfortable to sleep. The foods and drinks they served at the buffet breakfast were great. They also provided free wifi.

• Queen Room

Room on low level without external windows and noisy from subway traffic below. I felt I was downgraded due to booking though broker service Booking.com.

• Double Room without Window

rooms are very cute and breakfast was excellent, really wonderful hotel! very well situated and staff was very helping and kind, totally recommending Scandic Continental for staying in Stockholm :)

• Queen Room

We just wish that there was a cappuccino machine in the secondary breakfast room. Otherwise, we had an amazing stay, and would definitely stay here again!! Thanks guys!!

The hotel had such a volume of guests that they had to open up a second dinning room. The main breakfast room had hard boiled eggs that were not boiled quite enough, which made the peeling process challenging. My husband had the scrambled eggs which were good, but a bit runny. Now when the staff instructed us to go to the secondary room, the eggs were perfect. Both the hard boiled that I like, and the scrambled that my husband likes. And thank goodness there was Nutella available in both rooms. However, the cappuccino machine was only available in the main room. The staff did struggle with keeping all the bins, baskets, and trays filled. But of no fault of their own. Most guest, when breakfast is included, feel they must pile their plate up with food they could not possible eat. Which leaves those of us with a good sense of proportion waiting for staff to refill the carafe of warm milk. Let me end by saying, the hotel was in the best location, outstanding view from our room, staff was friendly, polite and professional, and breakfast was exceptional, with an enormous selection for all taste buds. For our next visit to this beautiful country, Scandic is the only hotel on our radar.

Room was a little small, breakfast buffet OK.

Location and we had a room in the 12th floor that had a nice view, was comfortable and quiet. We also enjoyed the bar on the 8th floor or a couple of occasions.

• Queen Room

Staff were so friendly checking in and the room was lovely! Very modern, trendy design and the beds were oh so comfortable! So handy to the Central Station! Also, the breakfast was fantastic with lots of organic food.

• Queen Room

Little bit of a lack of attention to detail in terms of dusting in the room. The lifts seem to be completely uncoordinated - despite there being 5!

Breakfast was served from 7-12 - very civilised (for a holiday, especially!). Location was perfect - everything in walking distance; and the subway just below the hotel.

• Superior Twin Room

Standard rooms are quite small but adequate even for a one week stay

Wonderful modern hotel located steps from the central train station and close to shopping. Excellent gym and spectacular breakfast. Lovely roof terrace for quiet reading. 10 minute walk to galma sta

• Single Room without Window

The room was too cold for my liking and the box on the wall did not allow me to adjust to a particular temperature - I could only tell it I wanted it "warmer" but that never worked properly.

Had a problem initially because there was damage in the room when I walked in. However, staff not only documented it but moved me to another room and upgraded me, which was very kind of them. Absolutely fantastic breakfast and it is available until noon. Great location, within easy walking distance to the Old Town, city center, etc. Excellent wifi; good selection of English cable TV channels.

• Queen Room

If you don't eat pork then options at breakfast are more limited. All meat are pork except the smoked turkey. Note that the pickling herring is great as soon as you don't eat smoked herrings before. Having eaten smoked herring and then trying the sweet pickled herring is not so good. Away from that, the stay was great and we had pleasant time. Definitely will come back

close to central station and all airport transportations (Arlanda express and buses). very good breakfast. Have the best view of the town from the 11th floor.

• Single Room without Window

They provide two computers for those people without a mobile (good, as many hotels don't do this). However a printer isn't provided - you have to email your message to the hotel which wiĺl then print it out, making the process unnecessarily convoluted.

Very clean, in tip-top condition. Check-in was fast and staff were very friendly especially in the breakfast room. There was a wide choice for breakfast with hot breakfast and continental style. It is directly opposite Central Station but the whole area is clean without any undesirable characters loitering about. You don't get any road or train noise as the rooms are well sound-proofed.

As expected

The hotel was very convenient to the train station, centre of Stockholm and many interesting areas of the city, all within easy walking distance. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and the room was clean, tidy and comfortable. That said, it was very small and opened into the interior of the hotel, so there was no natural light. We knew this on booking, however, wasn't the best. I would advise booking a room that looked out on the street.

• Standard Twin Room

You can only pay by card in the bar although this is true of many places in Stockholm.

The rooftop bar provided excellent views and the hotel staff were very welcoming.

• Superior Twin Room

Our room on the 9th floor was directly above the bar, so the noise level from the bar was very disruptive to having a quiet, relaxing stay especially late into the night when we were trying to sleep. The bar obviously did not close until very late, so this was the biggest downside of our stay.

The location was the reason n why I stayed at the Scandic. The room was great, clean and comfirtable.

• Standard Twin Room

The size of the room was toooo small, the hotel area was terrible and too many rooms so breakfast always crowded.

The breakfast and the staff on it. Easy to get from the airport, Arlanda express train 20min, central station in front. The hotel is nice, comparable with the area. We recommend to stay far from train station.

• Queen Room

Very friendly and accommodating staff. Amazing breakfast buffet. Amazing rooftop terrace. Top location - super convenient and easy to find. Highly recommended.

• Queen Room

Although an ottoman in room we would have preferred a small wardrobe and chest of drawers

Great choice for breakfast. Great location for transport links and sightseeing

• Superior Twin Room Plus

No air conditioning! Rooms were a little stuffy! There was a cooling vent which provided some air flow!

Location was amazing! Central to everything! Rooms were funky, great setup, hooks for clothing which is always a good use of wall space in a hotel, breakfast was divine, staff friendly and helpful, rooftop bar gorgeous, views were stunning! Face Stockholm bathroom products were gorgeous!! Was just perfect!!

• Double Room without Window

Even though we were in a room without a window it didn't feel claustrophobic at all like we've experienced in other hotels. The room is spacious and has everything a regular room has (minus the window). The breakfast is amazing and has many gluten free options for us celiacs who need it!

• Standard Twin Room

The rooms were an idea colder than my taste. Couldn't find a way to warm them up. Not like I tried a lot though. Not a big deal, just mentioning.

That hotel is like a hidden gemstone. The location is perfect. It is literally sharing a wall with the Central station. 3 minutes walking from Arlanda suttle. The old town is just across a bridge (2-3 mins walking), other sightseeing are also on walking distance (well, most of them). The food is excellent. a huge variety of products, the vegetables were fresh, highly recommend the yogurt with mango and the smoothie with bananas. One big advantage for late wake-up-ers like me is the breakfast is from 7 to 12 (it actually was ready at 6:45 the last day). I loved the gesture of early check-in (I arrived at 12:0 AM and the staff checked me in right away), was very nice. Also the hotel has a rooftop bar with incredible view of the city and the canals. Highly recommend.

• Double Room without Window

One complaint only: the lights in the gym are motion detected and because of the position of my treadmill, my motion was not detected and the lights went off while I was running. Very dangerous.

Great location, right across from the Central train station and one quick stop away from the airport on the Arlanda Express. Comfy beds and nice dark blinds.

• Queen Room

Staff behaviour was unfriendly/Non-cooperative. There is no one to help in case you are with large baggage. No complementary water is provided in the rooms. They lock your room in case your payment gets delayed without even waiting for arrival of the guest from the meeting. Invoice is given on thermal paper(like taxi receipt),No proper invoice is given.

• Queen Room

The bed. Not a fan of two single beds pushed together to make a double. Prefer one bed.

Brilliant central location. Short walk from Arlanda Express. Lovely modern room though on the smaller side. Bathroom excellent. Great buffet breakfast with wide selection. Loved the roof top terrace bar.

• Double Room without Window

No closet space in the rooms so you're constantly in and out of your luggage.

A short walk to Gamla Stan.Also,the property is directly across the street from Stockholm Central,which can be reached by taking the Arlanda Express from the airport.A great variety of restaurants and shopping all within 5 to 10 min of walking.

• Queen Room

Great location, t-centralen; train station and bus to and from airports and various city areas. Beautiful architecturally the interiors, the 8th floor bar with a beautiful rooftop terrace. The Hall very functional, beautiful and Swedish! Very friendly staff. Great continental breakfast. Sun deck floor Nice room, great and quiet, clean and comfortable. . Absolutely recommended

• Standard Twin Room

The cost of the alcohol.

My daughter (on a layover from Hong Kong) and I, meeting up with her from London opted for the Scandic Continental due to its location to the station, the harbour and Gamla Stan. From the first moment we walked into reception, until checkout, the experience could not be faulted. Good sized room, excellent bathroom with superb large pump bottles for all the essential toilettries. Near to many shops, bars, cafes, restaurants and just across the road from the train / metro station. Easy walking distance to the quaint and fascinating Gamla Stan, with its cobble stone alleyways lined with every shop you could wish for. Another easy stroll to the harbour for trips to islands, or a day trip around the amazing archipelago. We chose to visit a small island Fjaderholmarn, about 20 minutes on the ferry, idyllic, no cars, craft shops, a fabulous jetty, views to dream in, an absolute delight. Our favourite part of the trip. Scandic Continental breakfasts are outstanding, everything you could ever wish for at breakfast time, and much more besides.

• Standard Twin Room

Poor room insulation from neighbours and slamming doors. Lift lobby looked straight into our room window unless curtains were drawn. Limited tidy up of roof terrace.

Very friendly & helpful staff, great room and rooftop bar facilities, excellent breakfast and choice albeit chaotic and runs out during peak times.

• Standard Twin Room

there is nothing to say. My experience is totally positive.

Lovely staff, very helpful, always with smiley faces. Excellent breakfast, really 5 star. Comfortable rooms. I just loved everything.

• Superior Twin Room Plus

Great location, very clean, great variety at the breakfast buffet. The train from Arlanda airport gets you right to the hotel. Although it is at a central location (which is great for sightseeing) the triple glazed windows prevent any noise from outside. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Browse Scandic Continental traveller photo gallery