Reviews of Scandic Malmen 4 stars

Götgatan 49-51, Södermalm, 102 66 Stockholm, Sweden

#116 of 144 hotels in Stockholm

It was a very nice time I spent in Stockholm which in part...
    • Standard Twin Room

The rooms are kind of small (the shower is a little bit exaggerated in size), changing that would make it a perfect stay.

It was a very nice time I spent in Stockholm which in part was due to the hotel. I would definitely recommend people to stay here. Definitely.

Location was good.
    • Twin Room without Window

The room was in the basement. Poor ventilation and the electrical-card-switch was broken. The feel of the room was very "mouldy".

Location was good. Bathroom was decent. Hotel staff were helpful.

You pay way too much for what you get and some of the staff are unhelpful
    • Double Room without Window

I booked a room with no windows by mistake. Not only the room didn't have any windows, it was also a shoebox. I am claustrophobic and I tried to explain to the evening receptionist and ask her to change the room but she was so emotionless, helpless and uncompassionate.

Location, breakfast and breakfast staff

An expensive stay in a smelly bunker
    • Twin Room without Window

Usually I really like this hotel but this time I got a room in the basement floor that looked like a bunker. There were no windows but I discovered that I had booked a room with no windows. Yet I did not expect to feel like I was in a bunker in this classy hotel. There was an odor in the room aswell. The price for the room was expensive and all I got was a room that could be good in case there was a war and one would need to hide but for a normal hotel stay this was a big deception.

As always the staff and the lobby and the bars are nice. The location is perfect.

It was very interesting.
    • Twin Room without Window

The payment should be received online during booking time rather than taking at the hotel. The fluctuation of the exchange rate may be affecting either the payer or the owner of the hotel.

The character and appropriate support of the workers at the reception.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Great value for money and location is great!
    • Standard Twin Room

During the summer it is very hot in the rooms and the shower is very small.

Super good breakfast with amazing opening times 07:00-12:00. Ms. Marina one of the housekeepers was super polite and cleaning was excellent. We had room 208 and it was really modern and nice. Little bit loud in the evenings, but we are in the centre so it is normal. Thanks for a great stay! Kind regards Pierre

The breakfast was extra ordinary, with a huge range of food,...
    • Double Room without Window

The dining area was a little bit dark, probably as it also serves as a kind of bar/night club.

The breakfast was extra ordinary, with a huge range of food, also considering gluten free and other special products.

Superb quality, clean, fresh environment and kind, friendly staff.
    • Standard Twin Room

Very comfortable beds, clean laundered sheets, good quality toiletries (no hair conditioner though or body lotion), fabulous shower, interesting book about Stockholm in the room, good choice at breakfast (get there early, can be a mad rush around 09:00). Staff are polite and helpful. Ice machine on each floor.

Disapointing!
    • Standard Twin Room

There was no airconditioning in the room and it was really hot! No minibar either! I paid 240€ for the room and I was really amazed that those things were missing for that price! I will not recommend this for anyone quite the opposite.

Breakfast was good!

Stay away
    • Standard Twin Room

Lots of issues: tiny bathroom, horrible scrambled eggs at breakfast, noisy street and most important.y, a brekdown of the wifi for almost the enrire stay...too expensive for a rather basic, rough hotel which I cannot rate as a 5 star

The bed was quite comfortable and the breakfast was varied

Ideal for a short stay in Stockholm .
    • Standard Queen Room

The hotel room was very small for a four night stay . Staff efficient but not friendly .

The Hotel was ideally located a few minutes walk from family we were visiting. And only a 15 minute walk or two stops Metro to the Old Town. The Hotel put only a great buffet breakfast .

unenjoyable - I come to Stockholm twice a month and will not return
    • Twin Room without Window

Underground room in 2nd basement, no windows, poor phone and WiFi connection, shower gel had run out, poor breakfast. Overall terrible value for money

Never again
    • Double Room without Window

Hotel is worn out. Windows in restaurant broken, couches have holes in its finishing. I was given a room in the basement: no windows, no airco, very basic for a price of almost 200€/night. Reception claimed that I reserved 'a cabin'. I did not and was given a better room after one night. This new room was a standard room. Standard rooms are very small, with a tiny bathroom, but with a nice shower. No minibar. This is certainly not a 4-star hotel.

All amenities are found outside the hotel: walkable distance to Gamla Stan and Fotografiska. The hotel itself is quick to forget. Reception did its best to make my life better, but could not do anything as the hotel was fully booked because of a conference. See above comments.

Its location is very conveniente and the breakfast buffet is...
    • Standard Queen Room

The room we had was really too small and the bathroom was really non comfortable with a small tiny sink.

Its location is very conveniente and the breakfast buffet is superior.

6.0
    The location was really nice.
    • Standard Twin Room

For the price, the room was really noisy - I was next to the stairs, on the second floor. On the weekend, music from the club/restaurant kept me awake until about 1 or 2 am. Starting early in the morning and continuing until late, people walking up and down the stairs were also fairly noisy. My recommendation: stay on a higher floor, at the end of a coordinator.

The location was really nice. The breakfast was good. The room was fine. The bed was comfortable.

Basic but convenient
    • Twin Room without Window

The basic room meets the price expectation but it’s only when you don’t have a room that having a room with daylight becomes a necessity. Eventhough this room did not include tea making facilities it was brought to my room when requested

Convenient location

Very central
    • Double Room without Window

Make sure you confirm with the hotel when you book that you don’t have a room in the basement. These rooms don’t have windows! Although spacious, you don’t want to sleep in a bunker.

Very central

Going to avoid this place if possible.
    • Twin Room without Window

The noise from from the bar (mainly the bass) keeps one up during the night. Rooms are a bit unclean and the personnel at the check-in desk seemed quite distracted and unable to give clear instructions when asked questions.

Breakfast was very good

Good choice in stylish Sodermalm
    • Standard Queen Room

The rooms are very clean and comfortable, though the decoration seems a little outdated. I think it would just be the case of changing the wallpaper. The gym was a little bit small but still nice to have.

Nice breakfast and convenient location right above the metro with easy access to the whole city. Located in a stylish district with nice restaurants and bars all within easy walking distance. Nice breakfast included.

Modern, comfortable hotel with excellent service and facilities.

n/a

Warm welcome from staff and check in was straight forward. Extremely comfortable bed and pillows. Excellent breakfast with wide range of choices.

Very convenient
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Check-in staff gave bad impression from the moment of check-in. I arrived late, approx. 22:30. He may think that he was informative, but it came out as "I am the boss. You must beg me to let you stay." The guy need a real customer service training. Breakfast Orange juice was sometimes too diluted.

Room was nice and clean. Staff were nice and very helpful. The hotel is located in a very convenient location, sitting on top of a subways station, with a lot of restaurants nearby. The bar/coffee shop inside the hotel is nice and cozy. There is a barber shop in the hotel lobby too.

Not as good as I would have expected from a Scandic hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Well, the hotel certainly wasn't bad, but for being a 4 star hotel Scandic I had expected more. First of all, the temperature of the room was adjustable by using a dial, but it seems it didn't work (or it could have been disabled during the winter) and the temperature ended up around 23°c, which is too hot for sleeping to be comfortable for me. Secondly, I was disappointed by the breakfast. Other Scandic hotels I've been to have had a much better breakfast buffet, such as Scandic Hamar for instance. I found the buffet lacking fruit yoghurt, and the natural yoghurt that was available was very low-fat (and maybe low-lactose?) and didn't taste good. There was also no salmon, sausages and meatballs to name a few things. In my opinion, the hotel lacked a few facilities that I take for granted at a 4 star hotel. For instance, there was no fridge on the room.

Friendly staff. When I arrived at around 12 o'clock my room was ready and I was allowed to check in at once. I had a double room for single use, and it was big enough for my needs. Separate shampoo and soap for the shower. Comfortable beds. Ecological mindset, like all Scandic hotels. Rooms were very well sound proofed. Hotel is just a few meters away from the metro, allowing easy access.

Overpriced and not as advertised
    • Standard Queen Room

Booked a queen size bed. This was not what we were given (a twin) then to a 'queen' sized bed - this was smaller then a double and the room was smaller too. We had no option but to upgrade....... This was a twin too...... tried discussing with receptionist, not sure if she was fobbing me off about the country standards or she didn't care larger room however. Opposite the lifts = bing bing every 5 mins even through the night. Said we could borrow a HDMI cable - 3 days in a row none were available. Temp controller when turned down emitted a bright blue light so couldn't keep the temp we wanted. Cheap metal chair in room with armchair...... conditioner was empty, Road noise on our last night was horrific - some sort of scrapping/ cages??? went on for hours meant we were not rested for our travel home. Breakfast host was not interested, didn't explain how it worked. all in all, for what we paid was far removed from standard of expectation. Would not recommend, would not return.

Breakfast choice was great

Good for a short business trip, but not for a romantic vacation.
    • Standard Queen Room

Small rooms. Really small bathrooms. Didn't like the interior design of my room, looked very depressive.

Perfect location in the center of Södermalm, next to metro station.

Perfect place to stay in trendy Soder
    • Standard Twin Room

A little loud in the evenings from the bars nearby

Great room and bathroom size for Stockholm, huge breakfast selection, fabulous bar/food. In the middle of a trendy area and not far from main tourist sites!

A perfect stay at a well situated hotel in a nice area.
    • Standard Queen Room

Nothing. Everything was perfect !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The staff was so nice and friendly. As we are living outside Sweden and the purpose of our stay was Xmas food shopping it was important for us to be able to store the cold storage food in your cold rooms. And this was accepted without any problems and that was sooooo nice !!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for your kind assistance and understanding in this matter ! Breakfast was excellent !!!! I can even say it was a dream. Mmmmmmm.

Overall fine, I just wanted a bit of me time and have a nice dinner. The food was awesome.
    • Twin Room without Window

It may just have been that the staff usually deals with people that stay at their hotel reguarly, I don't. How am I supposed to know that the bar is separate from the restaurant, especially when the staff tell me to grab my own seat after asking for a menu and if the kitchen is still open? No, the bar/resturant staff could use a little training in making the guest feel not like a burden that does things wrong. If you tell me to find a seat on my own you can't blame me for sitting in the wrong section.

My stay had the purpose of just relax and I did just that. Nothing stopped me from doing it.

Great location, friendly staff, felt super safe there!
    • Standard Twin Room

Something for everyone (and plenty!) at breakfast. Staff were really friendly and helpful, arranged early check-in and late check-out. Hotel was quiet and room was very clean and comfortable. Hotel is in a fantastic location, right next to a metro station and within walking distance of Gamla Stan. Hotel bar and restaurant were vibrant and food and drinks were excellent.

The room (queen double) was beautiful and silent, bed was...

The room was very cold. Bathroom very small.

The room (queen double) was beautiful and silent, bed was comfy. I got an extra heather after I claimed the coldness in room.

its a RIP-OFF PLACE
    • Standard Twin Room

very disappointing, extremely small rooms, bathroom size unacceptable, not even a proper sink fits into the room dimensions - had to be mounted as a corner sink... breakfast room, small, super crowdy, typically one shall wait for some time to get a seat...tables are extremely close to each other...crossing the line of privacy. no minibar in the room, if you arrive late, also the hotel bar is closed. Never again, nor even if free of charge!!!!

❤️
    • Standard Twin Room

Rooms were clean, but there were quite many stains on the floor. One of the nightstand lamps was broken. I would wish the hotel staff to pay attention to little things, like saying enjoy your stay when checking in, on breakfast greeting guests little bit better, asking did you enjoy your stay when checking out. Those little things make guests feel that hotel is really caring about guests opinions!

The athmosphere in hotel was great, location was easily reachable (with public transportation especially tunnelbana), interiors were beautiful. In the rooms there was everything we needed, and breakfast was delicious :)

We were just looking for somewhere to sleep at night and have breakfast and that's what we got.
    • Double Room without Window

Breakfast very busy buffet. Eating Breakfast in what had been the bar the night before. Ask if I could have secure WIFI and was told no. No help or alternative suggestion given by the staff at the front desk.

Very central, Next to underground. Easy to find. Wide breakfast selection. Not too expensive for Sweden!!

Very nice hotel with great breakfast.
    • Standard Queen Room

Bed was rather small (more like 1.5 person bed, in stead of 2) and the bathroom wasn't too big either.

Clean room, great location and really, really good breakfast. Also we could checkin around noon and our room was already ready.

The bar
    • Standard Twin Room

Air con broken room very hot / asked for an adaptor at reception none available - for 4* I would expect to be able to borrow these type of items

The bar

I will not recommend scandic malmen
    • Double Room without Window

Very uncomfortable bed! Couldn't sleep!!! The room was underground, but this was not mentioned on site. Although the breakfast was very good, the breakfast area had a bad smell.

Terrible
    • Twin Room without Window

No window in the rooms. Not possible to get a desk to work for 6 nights! Terrible staff assistance in the reception. Worst experience ever in a Scandic Hotel

location only good thing

aşırı ulaşım kolaylığı
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

A small wardrobe would have been better and more useful instead of ironing table. The breakfast was assorted but a bit over Swedish. Since stockholm is a touristic city a hotel's breakfast must have international taste.

The subway entrance is right under the hotel. Probably the closest hotel to subway in my life. Hotel is also close to the old city (Gamla Stan) can be walked easily. The room was not big in square metres but it was decorated so cleverly (IKEA ideology!) that it was very comfortable for two people.

If possible, try and find another hotel to stay in.
    • Standard Queen Room

At checking in, it took a long time to find a room. I was allocated a room 2 floors below ground - no window and stank of sweat. I found out that this was not the quality of room I had booked. Couldn't be given correct room (above ground with window) until next day. Got full refund for 1st night, but none of this would have happened without complaint.

Not a great deal. The bar was okay and the Restaurant was satisfactory, however, they had no black pepper grinder (not even in the kitchens!). I cannot see how this hotel gets a 4 star rating.

This hotel rocked!
    • Standard Twin Room

The shower isn't fully enclosed so it soaks the rest of the bathroom. not the end of the world, just a bit annoying. Our room also opened to the street so it was noisy at night with the window open... didn't bother us much though. You can just close the window if you want.

This hotel rocked! The breakfast was amazing--- so many food options! It was a huge buffet! The room was clean and very cool looking. It wasn't big, but we didn't care much. The location can't be beat-- it's literally right outside of the metro (T) station and it a fun neighborbood. There's a hopping bar inside the hotel, which is fun. The front desk people were helpful.

The breakfast was great and the location is spot on.
    • Standard Queen Room

The hairdryer didn't work, I was given single duvets for a double bed and I was flat refused a double duvet. There was a curtain covering a hole in the wall and there were no little perks in the room. Did the job, wasn't a 4* experience.

The breakfast was great and the location is spot on.

Not coming back
    • Twin Room without Window

For the first time ever, I was placed in a basement room. No window, no phone connection and a bad wifi connection. And the price was way too high for a room like this. I will never come back The day after, I asked the staff to ring a taxi - that was apparantly not possible, since it was raining in Stockholm. So I was left to my self to get from the hotel to the airport... no help at all. Had to walk 3km to the train station to catch a train to the airport

Breakfast was great

my experience of finding stockholm pleasurable was greatly dissipated due to sleep deprivation becau
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

very, very noisy from street; asked for different room, and was met with snarky attitude, even though our stay was for 11 nights

nice breakfast, great location

Good place to stay if you're looking for a night out but not if you want to sleep in peace and quiet
    • Standard Queen Room

Room smelled a little funny upon arrival but eventually cleared up. Noise from cars in the street was very audible even on the 6th (top) floor. Also, the noise from the elevator bell dinging every two seconds was rather annoying as we could hear it from our room with the door closed. At night, some noise was going on for ages, it might have been a car outside or it could have been the bass from the party in the bar downstairs.

Breakfast was awesome. Bed was nice and big. Decor was really cool.

Hip hotel in great location.
    • Standard Queen Room

Bed was very small for a couple and room was quite stuffy (this was cheaper room though - I think larger rooms are available for a higher price)

Location great for exploring hip sofo area and also close to old town and other main sights. Good breakfast. Good busy vibe.

Centrally located in Soderlman and busy and eclectic surrounding.

Better tourist info display

Central location, large and extensive breakfast buffet, free bike rental, Comfort and amenities despite having a small bedroom without window in 2nd basement.

Terrible service and tiny bed
    • Standard Queen Room

Was woken up at 8am by male cleaning staff standing in my room. Asked him to leave and come back later but he refused to come back so our room did not get cleaned. We booked this room because it had a 'queen sized bed', however it turned out to be tiny, smaller than a normal double. Presume this is Swedish bed sizes but room info online was misleading. Room also tiny and extremely cramped, barely room to walk round the bed. Would not stay here again.

Location good and nice breakfast buffet, but not enough to make up for all the negatives.

We would go back but maybe select a superior room.
    • Standard Queen Room

We had reserved a queen size bed, and we got one, except that the light mattress on top of the bed was about 6 inches narrower than the bed, and the duvet cover was even narrower. We had to request a second duvet cover to cover both of us. We got one but the staff removed it before the last night. Also, there is no hair conditionner in the bathroom. The room was quite hot. There is not a real control on heat. The window could be opened but there was noise from the bars downstairs, and other noise, so we had to close it. There is a very popular bar at the first floor, so it's better to request a room on an upper floor. The area around the hotel is rather for young people.

Great location to visit Stockholm; there is a metro station just besides the hotel, three stops from the Central train station. The breakfast is excellent. The room is large enough and the bathroom is modern and well designed.

The cabin rooms are great for getting some sleep or some business done.
    • Double Room without Window

It's rather crowded at breakfast.

Last summer when I stayed in one of the cabin-rooms it was aweful hot. This time the airconditioning worked much better.

Crowded and unpersonal, but with good location
    • Twin Room without Window

Breakfast area was dirty (carpet, tables) and too crowded (even at the suggested better time before the "rush hour"). At night it is used as a bar and is also packed with people. Staff at front desk was professional, but didn't seem to want to be really helpful. The room was without a window (which we knew), but they didn't make any effort to brighten it up with better light.

Good location. Good variety at breakfast buffet.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Good location but would choose a different hotel next time
    • Standard Queen Room

Room quite small no coffee or tea facilities, bathroom basically a box wet room with not much space, a large person would have difficulties, step up to the bathroom, shower thermostat difficult to control mostly too hot. - and this was supposed to be the queen style room. One grade up from the basic. Worst part of the hotel was the fact it was cashless, which basically means just that - the bar or even to get a cup of coffee you need a credit or debit card, no good if you are a tourist with exchange rates and commission charges to think of, we got caught out when we wanted a cup of tea, and a wine not realising this and it was only thanks to a very kind gentleman that our embarrassment was saved. We did not bother drinking there again. If it had not been for the included breakfast we would have been stuck.

Breakfast was excellent incredible amount of choice all you could eat buffet style, location next to underground and 10-15 min walk to Gamla Stan and ferries. Room had a safe, always a bonus, Plenty of people around as it is a busy area and our room was on the 4th floor so noise was not an issue, bed was fairly comfortable, staff pleasant.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Good location, cramped rooms
    • Standard Queen Room

On my second day, when I returned at 5.45 p.m. or so the room had not been serviced. I had to phone Reception twice before a houseman came to clean and straighten it up. Breakfast food hall has been reduced in size than in years before and there is only one two-slot toaster which you had to hunt for by the gluten-free bar, and stand by it while it toasted the bread. If you are there alone, the haphazard seating at breakfast is a problem as, when you return to the food hall for a second course, your first course could be cleared away and other people are already seated at your table! The Queen rooms are OK for single people but not good for couples - not enough space to move or storage space for clothes. Also, the wet room is very cramped, 5 ft. x 5 ft. with a toilet, wash hand basin in front of the toilet (difficult!) and the shower. Don't have a windowless basement room as it is just above the Tunnelbana station! On preparation for departure, I ordered at taxi for a specific time and it didn't arrive. On enquiry at Reception they said it hadn't been ordered and had to re-order it. Not good for those rushing for trains, planes etc., especially at morning or evening rush-hours.

Good location, just above the Tunnelbana station.

The place of the hotel perfect if you want to stay in...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The place of the hotel perfect if you want to stay in Södermalm. Still short walk to Gamla Stan and city. Nice rooms and clean. My favorit hotel in Södermalm and Stockholm. Seija and Gavin.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Avoid Scandic Malmen
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff refused to allow us early check-in although other guests were checked in ahead of time by droves. Meantime, travel partner dozed in lobby. Purse was stolen containing passport, credit card and much needed medication. Staff did little to help. Provided wrong address to police station and also stated that police report had to be obtained in person. Found that trip to police station was unnecessary. All in all a miserable experience after two days of trying to assemble required info for passport replacement and medication replacement. Not to mention loss of expensive leather purse.

Conviently located. Snacks for sale in lobby. That's basically it.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Poor expérience compared to my overall expérienc of Booking.com ( mor than à hundred )

The drain from the washbasin was diconnected and water flooded the floor. Minimalist modernity is not an excuse for the depressing look of the room and junk furniture..Nothing in the Hotel advertisement let us know we would face à nightmarish rock style mural when lying in bed. The only thing good in the two rooms we had were the mattresses.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Double Room without Window

We booked the windowless room to avoid being woken up by sunlight or noise from the street. But there were some fluorescent fixtures in the room which produced light so it was not all that dark. The airconditioning was noisy and there was no way of switching it off.

Breakfast was nice. Even though our room had no window it did not feel claustrophobic. Right next to the metro station and close to bus stops.

Good place to be
    • Standard Queen Room

Not a hotel with view but ok I am not queen Elizabeth neither.

Very good breakfast, very good location, quite room on6th floor, nice staff as everywhere in Sweden, good bar downstairs

fantastic stay in stockholm! bring earplugs.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

so. loud. the room was very warm and A/C wasn't available this early in the summer season. our window was open the entire trip so the street noise was incessant. we usually had a break from the noise after 4 AM. they did provide a fan for us, but it would have had to sound like a jet engine to drown out the street.

the location couldn't be beat! loved the neighborhood and the ease of access to public transportation. also, the bartenders were great. delicious cocktails!

Top hotel for a weekend to visit city life of Stockholm
    • Standard Queen Room

Bar is crowded just like any other good bar in Stockholm so you'll have to have a bit of patience :-)

Nice hotel in a good location in Stockholm next to the metro station and a good parking garage close by which isn't expensive.

I booked a twin bed but got a double bed!
    • Standard Twin Room

I booked a twin bed but got a double bed! Apart from that property is convenient located in the heart of Södermalm, great location. Boozy scene at the ground level as there are three busy bars. You might walk into drunk people in lobby/lifts who were seen making a public areas a bit messy and untidy.

Nice home base to explore Stockholm from
    • Standard Queen Room

Since we were on the first floor and above the bar, opening the window was not an option because of noise, cigarette smoke and the taxis below. Regardless, the overall experience was good and I am sure we will visit again.

All in all, this is an excellent hotel to explore Stockholm from. The subway station is right around the corner and many of the sights of the city can be reached in under half an hour. The hotel has a nice bar with a pricy but good selection, which is frequented also by external guests. Our room was in the most simple above-ground room category, which was functional and entirely sufficient for our needs. The breakfast was good, although seating was limited on the very tourist-heavy weekend that we visited on.

Convenient location but avoid stay on Friday night.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There was no closet to keep our clothes except hanging on the hangers and in our suitecase. Music from bars on the ground floor was quite noisy on Friday night into early morning, eventhough we were on three floor up.

Domestic staff were friendly and good. Convenient location.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

A lovely week at Scandic Malmen.
    • Double Room without Window

The service was very good. The breakfast super. All was wonderful. We hope to come back one day. We even received sandwiches at 4.00 in the morning to take with us to the flight.

Excelent location
    • Standard Queen Room

Breakfast was rich and amazing, they had everything for everyone. Location was great - walking distance from the Old town and the center. A lot of shops and restaurants around, and the bar in the Hotel is one of the most famous ones in Sodermalm so it was always full.

break with friends
    • Twin Room without Window

the breakfast room was small and can get very busy at peak times

the main food menu was good , breakfast plenty of selection . room was a good size and clean

Good for young couples/friends
    • Standard Queen Room

We swapped rooms as our original room was on the first floor and horribly loud at night from the bar downstairs. After not sleeping until 3am I asked to swap and they kindly put me in a nicer room immediately.

Good breakfast, comfortable bed. The updated rooms were nice.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Thanks!
    • Standard Queen Room

Lots of love to the staff for being so friendly and helpful to my father during that day of chaos. As a native 08 - I can say that the location can't be beat. The bar and restaurant is always hopping and a fun place to be on a Friday/Saturday.

Bra läge!
    • Standard Queen Room

Frukosten var i samma utrymme som bar och nattklubb. Inget personligt bemötande av receptionspersonalen. Fanns även en smutsig handduk i rummet

Bra läge! Nära till parkering.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

Great bar and location but poor gym and no company invoicing facilities (like adding VAT)
    • Standard Queen Room

Gym is just too poor in equipment. For a business travel, they do not allow to create an invoice with your company VAT and other details.

Location and bar

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

PERFECT PLACE . I LOVE SCANDIC MALMEN HOTEL
    • Standard Twin Room

The house keeping team does not speak English .this is the only challenge that we had but all the rest was PERFECT.

Very nice service.very nice and clean hotel ,close to many restaurant and shops. everything was perfect and the breakfast was very good . For sure in will come back and i will recommend the placed to many peoplei love Scandic malmen hotel.best place where you can can

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Mattress was soft but the duvet was divine.
    • Standard Queen Room

Kettle in the bedrooms would have been much appreciated, rather than having to go down to the lobby to get hot water.

Mattress was soft but the duvet was divine. The buffet breakfast spread was generous and offered good variety.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Visit Stockholm, Stay at Scandic Malmen
    • Twin Room without Window

Water runs out of the shower because it is not fully enclosed. But maybe I'm just messy??

I enjoyed the restaurant downstairs, and the breakfast. Nice bar/club across from the lobby.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Standard Twin Room

No electric kettle nor microwave oven would be a problem for budget traveler. However, the staff do tried their best to get me a kettle, appreciated. A bit noisy as there is a bar at the G/F of the hotel when I stay at the 4/F.

great location just near the metro, and close to super market. 3 stations away from the central station.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Very strategic location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Rooms were small and there is a central climate system not personal one (Tourists come from different countries and they are not all used to same room temperature). However in case of temperature change request they would play a little with climate system

Location is very strategic. Most of the important places can be reached by walking. Staff was also very kind and helpful. Rooms were clean, in case of cleaning request they would immediately clean the room. Restaurant where breakfast took place was a quite and comfortable one

I certainly recommend!
    • Standard Twin Room

Bed was extremely thin as well as pillows. I assumed due to being a budget hotel. Beware for the noise if you are staying at first floor. Rooms are a bit small, no place to open luggage, but it wasn't a problem. There was no mini bar and no room service, weird.

Breakfast was really good and extensive. There was an iron and a big board in that small room, unexpected :) Metro, bus stops, restaurants everything was conveniently close. The ambiance when you enter the hotel is really vivid. Bar, lounge are was really nice and alive.

Malmen is very nice hotel- great location (there is a metro...
    • Standard Twin Room

They could add minibars to the standard rooms.

Malmen is very nice hotel- great location (there is a metro station just out of the hotel and all the main sights are on walking distance), nice staff and really good breakfast. I was on the upper floors and it wasn't noisy at all.