Reviews of Scandic Norra Bantorget 3 stars

Wallingatan 15, Norrmalm, 107 24 Stockholm, Sweden

#113 of 144 hotels in Stockholm

Food a little disappointing

The salad was very basic. I expected better. I excluded the bread products which was my choice but to receive just leaves and chicken was disappointing.

Comfortable very nice hotel

The location is great, the hotel is nice and comfortable, the staff was very helpful I needed to extend my stay and they were able to keep me in the same room and communication with them was extremely pleasent ,the room is small but cleverly organized, pretty, very clean and well lighted. the hotel is part of a chain,as it happened, I felt sick one day , in distress I enter another hotel of this chain and they were very helpfull getting me back to my hotel safly

Even though the room of my first night was not what i booked...
    • Twin Room - Upper Floor

First night was not in the room I'd booked. Was a small double bed in an old room instead of two single beds in the roof renovated rooms.

Even though the room of my first night was not what i booked, staff was super friendly and helpful and when changed room (to the newer building) it was all perfect. Breakfast was great.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Great place

Brilliant breakfasts...well exceeded expectations. Staff friendly researched travel options for us. Obtained a fan for my room as temperatures soared to 30 c degree as a european heatwave. Under normal conditions they would not need air conditioning

Very good

No little fridge in the room (this is probably common in scandinavia). Room service is usually during afternoon but this is provably local custom so not a big issue.

Convenient location (10 min walking to gamla stan trhough shopping street). Clean and spacious room and bathroom. Plentiful breakfast including a variety of cheese, oganic sauces and jam and fresh fruit. Possibility to check out online.

The staff was super helpful and kind.

The staff was super helpful and kind. The room, although small, was picturesque and with a nice view of the black roofs of Stockholm's buildings. Location was quite convenient.

Awesome hotel in the city center

The Staff were very friendly and the location of the hotel is a huge advantage if you want to visit the city just by walk. By the way, I just love the breakfast! If I come back to Stockholm again, I would definitely pick this hotel, truly recommended!

The staff was very helpful and friendly, when we notified...

The staff was very helpful and friendly, when we notified them about our dissatisfaction due to the small size of the room and the construction noise, they were happy to give us an upgrade. We really liked the free storage facility, we put our luggage there for a whole day as our flight back home was late in the evening.

Great!
    • Superior Twin Room with View

A bit annoying was the noise in the room from a street cafe, even with a shut windows.

The breakfast was delicious!!! As a good bonus was the iron in the room. Very clean room, was cleaned every day. Conditioner!

Value for money in Stockholm
    • Standard Twin Room

The two lifts and distance from lobby to bedroom was rather far.

Best breakfast options I have ever had. The location made our holiday. Very good value and relaxing break out spaces. I'd recommend it and hope to be back.

Would definitely book there again and definitely suggest it to friends !!

Nothing really!!!

Excellent choice!! Helpfull staff in reception, excellent breakfast with variety of products, room exactly as shown on photos, cleaned daily, quiet, perfect location

Value for Money

Unfortunately there is no air conditioner or fridge. Had to open the window but because we were on first floor, the cigarette smoke of smokers below our room just came in. Also quite noisy from traffic.

Quite good location just off the shopping mall and not too far from the Central Station. Check in was quick. Reception staff very efficient. Room was clean and tidy. Free wifi and tea and coffee. Breakfast was good.

Central location
    • Twin Room - Upper Floor

Shower could be better. Everything is very clean but the water does not easily stay into the shower/needs to be sealed. Aircondition is always on that makes the atmosphere a bit dry but not a big issue Upper floor rooms such is the Ines on the 8th are abut harder to reach Those are all minor issues!

Central location Comfortable rooms Very clean Very good breakfast Friendly staff

Fantastic location and breakfast buffet
    • Standard Twin Room

The hotel is very conveniently located and such a good value for money. It’s a 10mins walk to the central train station, 5mins to the nearest metro station and 15mins to the Palace. Breakfast was excellent and caters for everybody (gluten free options, sweet and savoury treats, pancakes, etc.) We enjoyed it so much we didn’t need to eat lunch, which was great considering the cost of living in Sweden! Staff was lovely and very helpful too. Check in starts at 3pm but you can leave your suitcase in their luggage room and check out is at 12pm so we could have a lie in on our last day!

Perfect Location and Awesome Breakfast.

The breakfast was amazing and very good value for money. The staff very friendly and helpful and the location was great. I would highly recommend this place for a first stay in Sweden. 8min walk to the central station and many restaurants and bars. Just over 10 min walk to the Gamla Stan(Old Town)

Good focus on sustainability and the room was very spacious...

The staff was not unfriendly, but some were not particularly friendly either. In three days in a row we had to find staff at the breakfast table to get a baby chair and felt that we gave the staff trouble with that. Also the air in the room was very dry.

Good focus on sustainability and the room was very spacious for a family. It was also very quiet in the room.

Good hotel right next to the central railway station

My room was really cold, especially the bathroom.

The check-in was easy and fast. The staff was really professional and friendly. Breakfast was delicious and had all kinds of food available. Room was clean. Location is excellent.

• Standard Twin Room

No city view from the room, as expected from the booking. The room was fine, but don't expect to find everything new :) Strange labyrinth on the hallways, but no problem after you find your room.

The location is good, close to the central station and walking distance to the city centre. The breakfast is good, enough variety for all tastes.

The bed was comfortable, the room clean and quiet, the staff...

The bed was comfortable, the room clean and quiet, the staff were friendly. The location and the breakfast were, however, outstanding. The hotel is located a very short walk from the central station (but still in a quiet street) and from Drottningatan (main pedestrian street). The breakfast was varied and of good quality including veggies, fruits, cold and hot dishes, coffee, juices, etc. It was a great way to start our day when we were there.

5.5
    Very small room small shower place, it doesn't felt like...

Room was so small and shower.

Very small room small shower place, it doesn't felt like I was at the hotel, it was like a motel not 4 stars hotel, I would never recommend anyone to stay there. Never. But breakfast was good and workers were kind and helpful.

The room was lovely, the bed comfortable and as it is...

The room was lovely, the bed comfortable and as it is located on a small side-street, it was quiet. Great location, lot of bars and restaurants nearby. Short walk to the train station.

Average Stay

Rooms were small. Staff took lot of time to respond to our queries/ request. No slippers has been provided.

Proximity to Central station. All the tourist places are nearby.

Super spot in Stockholm. Stay here!

Room was pretty hot at night, with underfloor heating making temperature a little difficult to regulate without opening the window to - 2C temps. But very minor point. Also don't bother with the Christmas markets in Gamla Stan, they're very disappointing!

Breakfast was fantastic in this hotel-anything you could imagine was available. Staff were very friendly. Access to train station and main shopping streets just a short walk away, so location was great for exploring Stockholm.

Sunday breakfast very good.

Breakfast not quite as good during the weekdays and finishes early (09:30 weekdays). Rooms small and no bedside lockers. Hotel and room decor okay.

Sunday breakfast very good. Good friendly staff

Excellent, all but the noise on nights 1 and 2.

ALL was excellent! No problems at all, EXCEPT the first two nights there was an event going on outside our window that was exceedingly loud. I had expressed concern when we looked at the room and the guy assured me that there would be no noise. I doubt that it was his fault as I expect that he didn't know. Even earplugs didn't stop the boom boom boom of the band that played on until well after midnight!

The bed was extremely comfortable and the breakfasts were the best--MUCH better than we expected!

Not worth for money.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast area is crowded; all four days of my stay, literally spent time in search of a place. Elevator arrangement is too confusing. Not guest-friendly. Can easily be get lost!

This place is convenient to reach around the city.

Stayed 4 days, every morning too few seats available for...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Stayed 4 days, every morning too few seats available for breakfast. The staff clean up tables very fast, unfortunately extremely busy breakfast time and very hard to find a place to sit. Don't go there of you want a peaceful breakfast and start of the day.

The staff is quite friendly and the breakfast is included.
    • Standard Twin Room

The location is just a little bit far from the train station. There isn't dental kits in the room. The colour of the bed cover is looks strange.

The staff is quite friendly and the breakfast is included.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

We enjoyed our stay. Great location & very good Swedish breakfast!

Room not very clean, hair dryer not working and shower door not working properly.

Good location and close to tourists attractions. We were pleasantly surprised with the very good breakfast provided by the hotel. Hotel staff were helpful.

A great hotel that covers all the bases for a weekend break

Conference centre outside the hotel held events quite late which some might find noisy but remember you are in the middle of a city.

Large choice at breakfast for all dietary requirements and the room and bathroom were clean, modern and comfortable. It was a good price at the time of booking for a room with an external window unlike a lot of hotels that have internal rooms.

I liked location it's near central

The bed not double bed 2 single bed I'm already booked double bed but the stuff told me we don't have The bed not comfortable

I liked location it's near central

Pleasant stay in downtown Stockholm
    • Standard Twin Room

Minor issues with breakfast. Runny scrambled eggs and other small problems. Shower isolation wall was not working well enough so our bathroom was flooded every time we took a shower.

Nice and clean rooms. The staff was very accomidating. Breakfast overall very good.

Great location and staff, but rooms are small

Room was very small, and the only elevator could only fit maybe 2-3 people, with 1-2 pieces of luggage. Very noisy, with loud voices (sounded like people were partying either on the street in front of the hotel, or in one of the rooms on my floor); I couldn't tell where they were, but I got absolutely no sleep that evening. My next door neighbors were up in late/early hours, and I could hear them talking, opens and closing drawers, and walking around on the hardwood floors.

Location was great. Near central station and Drottinggatan, which is great for shopping and great food. Very friendly staff, and nice breakfast.

I love this city view

Well, we arrived almost in 11 pm and on reception was only girl from security. She provided for us keys from room in another building on the square. When we saw the room I was very disappointed, it was old and differed from the images in my booking. I wrote email to the Booking.com support and to the hotel support with perturbations and due to this to this next morning hotel changed our room to another one in main building and upgrade our room to superior.

I like our new 'second' room. Great city view, very clean and comfortable. You can find everything you need there. Big and clean bathroom. The hotel is located very close to the Gamla Stan - 10-15 min by foot. Very close 7/11 and cafes / restaurants with local food. In 2 min by foot you will find the main shopping street of the city Drottninggatan. I visited subway only once - in order to see their most interesting subway stations - Stadion, T-Centralen, Kungsträdgården. All sightseeings are close so walk :) To the train station - 10 min approx. Take raincoats, it was raining every day, but Stockholm is wonderful even with rain :)

I will try something else next time

Room looked and felt outdated. They dont have conditioning in every room, there is one central system (i am not even sure it worked at all), so the only way to adjust temperature in your room is to open the window. I was surprised with the lack of salad and tomatoes during breakfast. 2 days - no salad and tomatoes (during summer!!!). Strange.

Location was the only nice thing. Everything else is really average. Breakfast was OK.

Comfortable and good located
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Perfect location in the city centre. Very nice and helpful crew. When our room turned out to have noise from a neighboring club, receptionist was happy to give us another room which was quiet. The breakfast was outstanding.

A central hotel in a quiet area of Stockholm.

The room was small and did not compare to the photos on booking.com. The fact that the bed was put to one side of the wall was not very comfortable to go up and down. The temperature in the room could have been a bit lower too.

The rooms were clean and the breakfast was very good. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the front desk was manned 24 hrs.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

a nice cozy hotel near the city-centre

The window was facing some apartments and had to have my curtains always closed (maybe if the hotel could consider having some blinds to adjust the scarce day light) ??

The stuff were all very friendly and helpful (excellent)

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Central and good location.

The breakfast area got very crowded and the staff cleared the plates away almost before we had finished eating. It was understandable, but made the breakfast feel rushed

Central and good location. The staff were friendly and welcoming

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Nice hotel close to city center and shopping street

Room size was really small. We requested hotel reception to get our room changed on the next day and they were kind enough to do it for us. Bed quality was not good - too soft and noisy.

Hotel is located very close to Drottninggatan street where we had nice options for dinner. There are a lot of options and variety for the breakfast in the hotel.

Clean, great but quiet location
    • Standard Twin Room

Hotel was so big so it took more than 5 mins to get to the room, had to walk a lot and take 2 different elevators.

Nice location, clean rooms, nice breakfast.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Good central location,easy access to town and sea.
    • Standard Twin Room

Taxi from bus terminal to hotel cost £30 and was less than 5 mins drive! Also too far from Airport would choose an airline that flew direct to Stockholm Airport next time.

Luncheon boat trip around the Archipelago good trip and great value.

Nice hotel but little worn out.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We had a twin superior room which was equiped to a handicap person. It was okay for us, but to someone who need help moving and getting to bed, problem could occur because motorbeds did not work properly. Sofa was too low and on the last day when I checked that we had not lost any things on the floor I noticed that it was broken.

Breakfast was very good. Big rooms. Easy to find and easy to make excursions in Stockholm. There was a restaurant where you could eat in the evening.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

The hotel was ideally located and the buffet breakfast was...

The hotel was ideally located and the buffet breakfast was excellent, However the bedroom was very small and in the roof which made it feel cramped and claustrophobic- the door opened out into the corridor as there was no space inside of the room to open in.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Bra pris, 5 min till tcentral
    • Standard Twin Room

elsystemet i rummet,det lät som små smällar (puffar) när man släckte lyset.Det blev tyst när man tände igen.Norrland skickade kanske för mycket ström :)

Excellent location, some very few steps from the center and...

All was fine

Excellent location, some very few steps from the center and ten minutes walking to reach central train and bus station. Nice selection of meals offered for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

OK overall

Communal areas were too cold for December. Staff did not ask if I had enjoyed my stay. No atmosphere or ambience in hotel....

Good breakfast, both hot & cold dishes. Great location & took advantage of price reduction between Xmas & New Year after visiting family in the area

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Fairly standard business hotel in a central location

Before arrival I had requested a fridge in my room for medication purposes, which was there on my arrival. However one day I came back to my room and the key card had been taken out, meaning that the fridge had been switched off by the chambermaid. On complaining to reception I didn't feel that it was taken very seriously. I complained again on checkout and the member of staff then was more apologetic. The rooms are very small and not all rooms have a safe/security box which I find hard to understand within a 4-star hotel. To give an idea how small the rooms are the room doors open into the corridor. The shower was a tiny triangle but contained the water well.

The staff on the whole were very friendly and polite. Good location ten minutes walk to the train station, literally round the corner from the main shopping street so a good choice of local restaurants. The bathroom has underfloor heating which helps keep you warm and cosy and you can open the bedroom window for fresh air. The breakfast had a large selection to choose from including continental, fruit and cooked selections.

The rooms are a little dated but very clean and comfortable,...

Dated rooms

The rooms are a little dated but very clean and comfortable, fantastic breakfast

good hotel in good location

In my room there was no refridgerator but it's only a minor inconvinience

- very rich and tasty breakfast - helpful staff

excellent
    • Twin Room - Upper Floor

find your room is not easy (one lifter then walk then stairs...)

Very nice staff, very clean room, the breakfast is awesome

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

The water in the shower was not warm enough

The water in the shower was not warm enough

Very very nice breakfast.

Very very nice breakfast.

Location, personnel, breakfast

Location, personnel, breakfast

Great location, great breakfast, very nice staff. Will stay there again when next in Stockholm.

Unusual design with two buildings combined into one, with lifts and stairs...odd but nice!

Cozy and Clean.

Sometimes, noisy outside.

Free wifi. Iron, Hair dryer and safety box. Nice Breakfast. Classical Interior. Good location. All needed was nearby.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

nice hotel near the very center of the city, main walking...

nice hotel near the very center of the city, main walking street wright by the corner, good staff, a lot of minimarkets in the area

Not good
    • Standard Twin Room

Elevator was broken for a week and AC was not working. There is no friedge in the room. I wont go to this hotel again

Location was great

İt was nice hotel

Small room

Reakfast

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Good value

Good value

the bed was very comfortable

Temporary destroyed elevator, repaired for a long time

the bed was very comfortable

Great breakfast

Great breakfast

Very well situated.

Very well situated.

Breakfast and location

We have to change the room, so was not nice.

Breakfast and location

Excellent location, cleanliness of the rooms, very good breakfast. I recommend
    • Superior Twin Room with View

Everything was perfect. View from the room absolutely charming, if u choose park view room, of course

Great spot, highly recommend. Thank you for looking after me while in Stockholm.

nothing, everything met and exceeded my expectations.

Location, cleanliness and friendliness of staff.

Perfect place, good breakfast.
    • Standard Twin Room

Perfect place, good breakfast.

Good location, great breakfast.

Slept very well.

Great stay in a good location.

Brilliant breakfast. Lots of choice.

The bed

Breakfast and location

Good location, great bread and very good price.

Good location, great bread and very good price.

It was in a good location

Very cramped room

It was in a good location

Weekend in Stockholm

Not enough place for all persons in hotel during breakfast time

Great location, service and breakfast

Watch out for the (missing) view
    • Standard Twin Room

They charged extra for city view, but there was no view at all.

Good breakfast

No minibar, extra charge for early check-in (before 3 PM)

No minibar, extra charge for early check-in (before 3 PM)