Reviews of Teaterhotellet 3 stars

Ronngatan, Norr, 21147 Malmö, Sweden

#30 of 40 hotels in Malmö

Based on 1983 hotel reviews

I paid 4500 SKr./night. This was totally out of proportion. This is a lower middle class hotel, and they have elevated the price because of conferences in the area. I thought it was a luxury hotel to this price, and I am shocked that anyone can think of elevating the price 5-6 times the normal price.

The breakfast was varied and delicious, the staff was helpful and polite

The location of the hotel is very good: 6 min walking from Triangeln station, close to the city centre and minutes away from very nice restaurants (try Atmosfär on Fersens väg 4: you will not be disappointed!). We did everything on foot. Furthermore, the breakfast is really nice (very good 3 minute eggs, fresh orange juice and waffles you can make yourself, good bread, etc etc)and the hotel has a big enclosed terrace which is a perfect place to relax a bit before you have dinner.

Parking not included, but that’s reasonable.

Very friendly service, Great breakfast, with fresh pressed orange juice, coffee and fresh bread. Clean room and a quiet terrace. 9/10, would book again.

Bathroom poorely equiped with hooks and shelfs for handling of the guests bathroom stuff. A few more channels on the TV would be nice, for instance for non-Swedish guests.

Good beds and breakfast!

Their parking area is a bit small if you have a large car it can be hard to use. We had a full size Volvo.

Teaterhotellet is our favorite hotel in Malmö. It is centrally located, close to the Opera and other venues. Also, close to Tiangeln (airport train), the Centrum Railroad Station (National railroad system). And near Old Town. They have good breakfasts and knowledgeable staff.

No fridge in the room, quite expensive own parking, no internet, connected to the TV. Dust in corners, old, experienced windows.

Small cosy clean-ish (is not to discover corners) rooms, good enough breakfast, artistic interior, close location to historic Malmo part, to parks, churches, shops.

No complaints. I can't fault it.

I've stayed here several times now. It's very central, the staff are lovely and the hotel is cosy & comfortable.

The toilet was not all clean, still some dirt after the guests before us.

Cozy room, very comfy bed, pleasant staff, good breakfast and checkout time. Very quiet, was a very nice stay, will definitely come back.

A bit chilly in the room due to cold winter. The breakfast is ok, but nothing special.

Teaterhotellet have a very good location in central Malmö with great staff assisting and helpful when needed. Parking in the street was easily available or if needed they have an indoor parking.

Walking distance from many restaurants, shops, train stations. Friendly staff (they let us borrow a power adapter). The room we got was big and comfortable. Great stay.

We reserved a room with a double bed, but were given a room with two single beds pushed next to each other. The hotel management should know that two single beds do not make a comfortable double bed.

Perfect location, friendly staff and delicious breakfast each morning.

-the hotel hasn’t been renovated for at least 15-20 years and it probably hasn’t been properly cleaned since they took the pictures to upload on Booking.com - the entrance smelled bad. -in fact the whole place smelled like this oily, old, humid smell that you find in an old persons room. -the rooms we were given were much smaller than what was advertised on Booking. Much smaller! To get around the bed one had to walk slightly sideways. -besides being small it was att the brink of falling apart. The ceiling had so much humidity that the paint had puffed and sagged down and was chipping away. The beds were covered with white dust from the falling paint chippings. -the toilets smelled of sewage. -we asked to be given another room; same problems! -the corridors and the elevator were filthy and the whole place smelled bad. -the receptionist was not att all concerned about the complaint we made, that it was impossible for us to spend the night there. she only said that she had no idea about the problems and that she is not responsible for anything other than checking people in and out and that we should call the owner. (I guess the same scene had been played many times at theaterhotellet and she knew her lines very well.) -I called the owner when I got home and he couldn’t have cared any less about it either. He said there was nothing he could do to compensate us because we booked a non refundable room! Not even an apology for the trouble we went through and for the false advertising! At least I hope he uses our money to clean up that mess of a hotel he is running. -one thing I regret is that I didn’t take any pictures of the rooms as they really are, but my intentions were never to write bad reviews about anything. (-that smell couldn’t have been captured in a photo though. ) All in all: Not a value for money hotel even if it is considerably cheap for the area. This hotel is not worth your while nor money.

-It was close to the area we wanted to stay. -The garage they offered parking in was nice and clean.

It's lack of privacy due to the windows to terrace.

The location of property is very suitable. It is simply reachable with different types of transport.

Not a pitcuresque area of Malmo / the hotel was a bit "tired" and needs a bit of updating. The lift was fun but very small so not practical. A bit of a smelly bathroom.

This is a quirky hotel with lots of character. It offered a good breakfast and outside seating areas on the roof terrace where we ate a bought in meal. I would advise to book parking at the hotel for a fee. The car was locked and secure. Staff friendly. Good WIFI. Good location

No air-conditioning and the balcony opened up to a small courtyard where people sat to smoke and talk, so if I wanted air in my room I had to suffer with the smoke and noise. The man at the front desk was not thrilled when I asked for more towels...

Plenty of breakfast choices.

rooms a bit old fashioned and smal. We got it at a reasonable price for the swedish std because of an offer, but the std rate is higher and the ratio cost value not so favorable

well positioned, staff was very friendly, good breakfast

I had no complaint whatsoever.

I liked everything about it. I got a friendly welcome, the room was spotless and the breakfast was good. Very good location. Just a stone's throw from Triangeln shopping centre & station.

Tea and coffee facilities in the room would have been nice. Ventilation could have been better, no air-conditioning.

Nice spacious room with twin beds and space for a sofa and coffee table, very quiet . Comfortable if slightly old fashioned décor.

We got a 4 bed room instead of 2 double rooms which we booked but the staff was very friendly ans we didn't have to pay the full price.

Very friendly stuff!! I needed to deliver some important documents and the woman tried to fax them 5 times and then scanned them all for me. Good service!!

Coffee was not very good - surprising because otherwise breakfast was good. The bathroom lacked hooks or an extra shelf - would have made placing toiletries easier. These are the only two things I can think of that were a bit less than satisfactory.

An interesting hotel, staff with personality (attractive personalities), interesting hotel guests. Interior decor lovely and lively, lots of character. Lived up to its name. Very quiet - never heard neighbours at all. Good breakfast, fresh orange juice a highlight. We will definitely go back - good access to Konsthall, theatre, 2 city parks also a plus.

Would have liked the bath to be longer, but obviously there was no space. And the ceiling painting was nice, but seems done a life time ago and needs a bit of TLC. This didn't distract from a very good experience.

The bed was terrific.

comfortable bed, free wifi, breakfast included, coffee and tea available anytime, reasonably priced menu for lunch/dinner, friendly and helpful staff, art fair style decor, relaxed atmosphere, clean interior, and good location.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

The only one thing I didn't handle is ventilation

Perfect choice for traveler who don't need standard expensive hotel, but still want some style and try something different It's really good looking and convenient, close to train station and a lot of facilities

Friendly staff, good breakfast, extremely comfortable bed! Localized in the center of the city close to the opera house and one of the biggest parks in Malmo.

Nothing comes to mind actually.

It was a nice neighborhood, quite and calm, and close to the magnificent opera house and Pildammsparken. It was not that far to the city centre, and there a few bars and restaurants close by.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

I had no complaints.

Great location, very clean, the staff were friendly and welcoming and I particularly like the decoration on the lift! Five minutes walk from Triangeln train station makes it a very easy spot to get to.

There was only one key for two of us, which made it hard to leave the key to each other when one of us got back to the hotel earlier.

The location of the hotel is great. The room was modest and clean. The breakfast was rich and there was free coffee and tea throughout the day. The receptionists were very friendly.

Very pleasant and well run hotel in a quiet and convenient location in central Malmö. Close to the Trianglen - station and shopping centre - theatre, konsthall, and Pildammsparken. A short walk from Gamla Staden.

Hade bokat parkering i garaget efter jag bokat hotellet. Det fanns bekräftelse på det. När vi kom fanns det ingen plats i garaget för bilen, blivit något fel.

I arrived late and took a cab from the train station, but it took a long time finding the hotel. The cab driver had never heard of the hotel or the road, he also searched on the Internet. It cost me a lot of money.

The room had a bath tub. It was the smallest I've ever seen, but I managed to squeeze into it. And there was a desk in the room, I like that.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

There was not many shower items as in none. The Hotel was kind of hidden but still visible when you would eventually find the correct street. The price is a bit too high for what it is.

A fairly good mix of items for the breakfast. There was a tv in the room with a few paid channels and international channels. The room was clean even if far too small. The personnel were nice.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Smoking outside when it is cold...But we say it only to give answer when you kindly ask...🙂

Personal is exellent! We felt as at home. Breakfast- perfect. Location just as we needed. Using garage reasonably price, helps wery much.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

The room was a little cold -- which the weather wasn't ...

Excellently priced family style hotel, with friendly and service-minded staff. Great location in a dynamic neighbourhood, with lots of culture and shopping opportunities. Have frequented this hotel for several years.

Not much really, I would definitely book here again.

Friendly staff, free hot drinks in reception, very close to shops and public transport. The key had a bottle opener on it!

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

I thought this was a hotel (from the name and description) but it was a hostel. There was no minibar (and I was so hungry when I arrived), no restaurant or room service, no body-shampoo, conditioner or other toiletries in the bathroom (except for towels, a solid soap and shampoo). I had to go out to buy something to eat but I could only find two cafés that were open after 7 pm! There was no control for the heater in the room and it was really cold even with both of the one-person blankets. The ironing table was really complicated to use (and believe me I'm not stupid, in fact I used to work with professional tailors before and have seen many kinds of ironing tables). I ended up using a chair to keep the table up so I could iron my clothes. Also it was not a steamer, so I had to be extra careful not to burn anything. It was impressive that there was a professional hot press for clothes in the room which is kind of odd considering how many more important things were missing. Overall it was fine for one night but I was expecting the comfort of a hotel before an important business day and I got very disappointed for having to fight to get the basics in place.

The location was really good. The guy at the reception (the only staff member I met) was very friendly and welcoming. The breakfast was really good, especially the coffee was heavenly. It was quite nice that despite all the things that were missing, there was an iron and a hair dryer in the room.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

Coffee could be better.

Pleasant hotel, will come back again. Perfect Central location 5 min to walk from Trianglen station (Malmo airport bus and train from Copenhagen airport arrive here) also shopping mall. Very clean facilities. Superb breakfast!!! Sound prof rooms. Comfortable beds, two pillows. RECOMENDED!!!

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Very dated decor and furniture. The cleaner started at 9 am on Saturday morning and listening to a vacuum so early after a late Friday night was not appreciated!

It's always nice with a bath tub.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

I had booked a room on a wrong date online and didnt get a refund. Its not the hotel's fault but I wish I had some kind of compensation for losing the amount of one night stay for not staying. I could have utilized it but it was ten days after I needed the room. It sucked that I was charged the full night amount. It was not the hotel's fault, but I didnt feel good about that. I did end up paying for the extra night on the right date. I am greateful that they had a room available but paying the full amount then on top of the paid night ten days later wasnt really favorable on my behalf.

All the details of the service was heartwarming and well-thought out and cared for. I felt really looked after inside out. The elevator is the classic. The manager is the bestest and very attentive.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

We loved this hotel , the staff we friendly and helpful. The location great , cafes and shops close by. Secure hotel car parking if needed. Best selection of bfast food we have had so far on our trip !!

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

In website it looks like a main street view but it is back narrow street view. Also room is small and its furnatures are very old. Breakfast very poor.

lcation

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Good location for a reasonable price. It is 15-20 minutes walk from Malmo Central station. Very nice and helpful receptionist. He prepared an early breakfast specially for me as I was leaving very early.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

We stayed through insurance but we just couldn't work out how/why they charge so much. Its crazy. Very bad value considering other places in malmö

The staff were really helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Wifi was terrible, it kept dropping the connection. Called the front desk but it didn't help. Moving to public area of the hotel also didn't help. Breakfast is good, if you arrive early.

Good location, room was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

The view from room was nothing special and unimpressive. There is an elevator but it is small and old. It was a little bit noisy during the morning as I heard noises coming from the street. There is a free WiFi but the connection was not very good.

Decent hotel in the city center situated near the main pedestrian street and Triangeln station. The room was OK. The bathroom was clean and there was a small rubber duck in the bathtub. The breakfast was decent.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

I did not like the first night as the room was very cold and the heating was not on. The person I also met at the reception appeared like he was too tired to talk though I met him chatting with someone.

The staff I met on the second day were very approachable and professional. I liked the proximity of the hotel to the event venue I came for. The food was also good.The kitchen staff were also friendly and professional. The dinning section was quite impressive with the paintings and clean state.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

No aircon and only the all in one shower gel / soap / shampoo option

Room was quite large for what you normally get, no aircon but very little Street noise so an open window was fine. Breakfast was great and reception very helpful. Parking is onsite which was great. Had no issues with WiFi and there were a handful of dining options close by. There was also a lift.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Smaller room than expected, but ok for short-stay.

Centrally located, parking garage available, best breakfast selection out of 5 different hotels/motels so far during our trip in Sweden (incl. fresh squeezed orange juice)

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Rooms are in poor condition. There are non smoking rooms only (that is absolutely fine), but ours was smelling like ... smoke?? or something, maybe it was only the smell of an old room. Anyhow, I expected a better one.

Very helpfull staff at the reception, good location, nice breakfast.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

I have nothing to complain about.

"Adequate" is the apt word to describe this hotel in my opinion. The breakfast is a decent spread. The room was spacious with place for luggage and the bed was comfortable. There was no noise and is easily accessible from the triangln metro station 8 min walk and a bus stop bang in front of the hotel. There is a supermarket adjoining the building and the malmo opera is a bold landmark opposite the hotel location. Good value for money.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Toilet seat a bit loose, and sliding off but other than that, everything was excellent.

Very tasty breakfast, lots on offer. Polite friendly staff. Nice interior decor. Good size room. Comfy bed.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Smokers in the courtyard (the smoke floats into the room when the window is open).

Comfortable bed. Good breakfast. Excellent location. Very clean. Very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

A little bit expensive for my budget, but I have to admit that I booked a week before going there, so I got 2 rooms instead of a single one...

The waitress at the restaurant was very kind and helpful, she also helped me with the parking!

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

While we appreciated the paid parking, we had trouble handling our large rental Volvo in the tight spaces in the dim underground parking garage. It was scary .

Very nice architecture, breakfast, staff and location. Met out needs quite nicely.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

I requested an early check-in, but it wasn't done. So we had to wonder around town with bags. The check-in is very late.

Beds are very comfortable. The location is wonderful. The staff is very nice and polite.

I have no idea

Generous breakfast buffet! Excellent location Friendly staff

Good location, quiet, breakfast OK

Amazing breakfast!

Near to the Opera House.

Bit dated and breakfast not the best

Good location very quiet great value for money

-They went our of their way for our kid and had put a nice child cod in our room. -Very good value for money

Not any

It is so clean and enough comfort. Location is great, just at the heart of Malmö

Night portier and the lack of gym

Excellent breakfast and close proximity to Triangeln station and Center. Staff is very kind. Good value per price.

better coffee at breakfast

Neat, comfortable room. Cute theater-style deco in the common areas.

I liked everything! Thankyou!

The rooms use to be clean, but it was not the case this time

Staff, breakfast, location

Execellent service, warm food after hours available! Affordable prices and good food.

Bathroom and the furniture bit outdated

Breakfast was good. Freshly squeezed orange juice and a good variety of food.

Super comfy bed, and thanks for the upgrade by the way! Super friendly and accommodating staff. My 11 month old and I felt right at home.

No tea tray or iron in the room

Comfortable, quiet room. Non smoking room. Staff were excellent and very friendly. Location is excellent.

The bathroom had a musty smell

Very good breakfast

It has a good location and staff is friendly. Nice place to stay and very close to city center and to enjoy Malmö

Simple

Very friendly staff, clean and very close to the Opera House. Very easy to reach from Copenhagen Airport.

Browse Teaterhotellet traveller photo gallery