Reviews of Uppsala Hostel Kvarntorget

#28 of 30 hotels in Uppsala

Based on 818 hostel reviews

6.1

5.6

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 3 November 2018

The hotel was still under-construction- poor service

- the hotel was still under construction during my staying (noise till late and very early in the morning) - total absence of personal to address questions - breakfast was poor and boiled/scramble eggs were old - distance from city center is about 20 minutes walking (difficult during cold rainy days)

The bathroom provided enough space

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

It is a nice hostel with good location, nice prices and no noise.

TV remote control stopped working and bathroom need some work.

Good price, not far from city center and friendly staff. Quiet and relaxing atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Good for short-stay

Directions to the hotel/hostel could have been indicated better. Note: no towels. Did not try the breakfast. Internet was painfully slow - impossible to load a webpage.

Basic accommodation, clean and quiet, warm and comfortable beds with bed linen. Absolutely suitable for a short stay. Reception is largely unoccupied but one receives detailed instructions by phone allowing late check-in. Grocery store just behind (around the block). Easy checkin/checkout.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Easily the worst hostel I've ever been to.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

My room was a windowless hole. No heating. None of the showers worked in my compartment, nor was hot water. The other shower was filthy dirty with no proper drainage. The place was full of peculiar looking men who I assume have been living here permanently. They made the kitchen and the bathrooms disgusting every single day. They also respected no privacy. The wifi wasn't working in the common hall.

The bed was nice. The wifi worked all right in my rooom.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Excellent!

Good location. The room was spacious. The bed was excellent ... no problems at all, even though the hostel explicitly notified that construction work was ongoing - for me this was pretty much the most quiet construction work I have experienced :) .

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Affordable and quiet place

The common kitchen was rather dirty. There were maintenance works happening at the time of my stay, and most of the workers were using the same kitchen. They charge extra for a towel, so it's a good idea to bring your own.

Affordable rates for a single room with private bathroom. The room and bathroom were both fine, there was also a separate fridge in the room. It was quiet at night, no loud parties :)

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Very good accommodation at an affordable price

The hotel is not staffed at all times, but as stated earlier they can be reached by telephone if needed. The room itself kept a comfortable temperature, although the central hall where breakfast was served as well was pretty cold - the lovely and kind lady who served breakfast even left her coat on the entire time. But these are only minor points of improvement, certainly in relation to the price you pay for it. Plus, you need to take into account the hostel is undergoing quite extensive renovation; in other words, they have other, more important things on their mind (especially in relation to their guests, to keep the amount of construction noise to a minimum so the renovation is not too much of a burden).

Communication of the staff was great, even way before my trip to Uppsala even started. Breakfast was served every morning at 6:30 - which was perfect for early birds like me - and lasted until 10:00-11:00 or so. Breakfast itself was nothing special, pretty basic so to say (yoghurt, muesli, bread, various cold cuts, cheese, boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, sometimes fruit), but well prepared and regularly supplied! The bed as well as the private bathroom were clean. A big advantage was that the staff could be reached by telephone 24/7, just in case. Also, the main entrance was closed with a password after 19:00 so wacko's couldn't easily enter the building. The location is within reasonable walking distance from the city center and central station.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Good accomodation for a few nights stay

Despite the room was okay, it might have been more clean, and I was missing soap in the shower and towels.

Communication of the staff was perfect, even before the trip via e-mail. I had my privacy, room was allright for the purpose - just to go to sleep for two nights in one person.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Big hotel, clean (under-construction)
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Everything looks not well-prepared. You should be better. No staff in the lobby, improve the breakfast and so on.

Big hotel, clean (under-construction)

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Great hostel

Every thing exceeded my expectations

Room, bathroom and staff. It is fully worth the price. Stayed in a room with private bathroom. One of the very best hostels in Uppsala. Highly recommended.

Disappointing.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Building work going on indoors, but no mention of that when I booked. Most lights were switched off so very gloomy and sinister and there was just emergency lighting near my room. I couldn't see any switch for them. Two toilets had no toilet paper and a third had a broken seat. One shower near my room had a hole in the rubber hose so the water never reached the nozzle and you don't find that out until you are going to get under it. Curtains in the room were different colours and lengths and didn't cover the sides of the windows.

Free parking on a Sunday beside the building. The bed was comfortable. The two members of staff I spoke to were friendly.

Not worthy, giving the money you pay.

-for a price of 100 euro for 2 nights, I would expect to have bath towels. -The bathroom was horrible, I found hair in the drain, and the toiled was not clean when I got there. It was worse then a train toilet. -They say the you can call them 24 from 24, but when I tried to reach them 3 times, there was no answer. -they left my key in some locker, as I arrived later in the night, When I got there, the locker was open. I wouldn't feel secure about this procedure.

-I liked that I was alone in the room. -Good location, easy to reach.

Probably not the best choice for older adults on holiday

We stayed three days and the trash in the room was not removed nor was it made clear where we should put our rubbish. No cups or glasses in the room at all, not even a drinking glass in the toilet. The soap dispenser in the shower was empty as well and I had to go down to the front desk to get toilet paper. The hostel is undergoing quite extensive renovation and there was a fair amount of construction noise on Saturday and Sunday, Saturday well into the evening. The main stairs were also blocked off and we all had to get our luggage up some spiral metal stairs, which is not ideal given we are all well into our 60s. My brother and sister-in-law were first put into a room on the ground floor, no outside window and a rather strange smell, almost like gas, but it was agreed they would be moved to a room next to us on the first floor the next day. I had requested on booking that we be placed close to each other. The next morning, the person who was there seemed unaware that they would be moving rooms, but did make up new key cards and we moved the luggage to our room. On returning late that night, they found that one of the beds had had the mattress removed! Having already prepared for bed and the reception not being manned (although there was a number to call), they just slept without a mattress for one night. We all had the breakfast, which was available at an extra charge, and while adequate, I would not say that it was anything special and the coffee was pretty weak.

The room we had was not bad, had a good en suite toilet, and was quiet. My brother and his wife had a different room and were not happy but they were able to get a change the second day. The free wifi was easy to access as well. It was also nice to have a small fridge in the room. The hostel was undergoing extensive refurbishment, which could be the reason for my rather low scoring in many instances and we would visit it again once the work is done to see if there is an improvement as the location was reasonable and the parking charges were as well. Towels are not furnished and need to be rented, but we brouht our own.

The room was clean.

Why is it not possible to organize the breakfast buffet completely at 8 o`clock? Every day something was missing.

The room was clean. I had ordered a room with a window because I can`t sleep in rooms without windows. i was given a room with a window. Breakfast should be possible from at least 7.30 in the morning. In my opinion 8 0´clock is too late.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Most disgusting hostel ever
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Worst hotel / hotels i stayed in during my (2nd) six week long trip through Sweden. I definitely stayed in better places for less money (even in central Uppsala). The room itself is almost OK for that price. But it smells and is dirty everywhere! Different weird smells wherever you go. The room smells like a mix of dried, spilled alkohol, those smelly things you put up to cover smell and something disgustingly weird. People smoke in the toilet and there are even signs in the bathroom telling you that you shouldn't do your business onto the floor or in the showers. In addition it is noisy. You can hear everything from you neighbors room and if you dare to stay here you should better hope for a night without a single rain drop. They will wake you up when falling onto the tin windowsill... Only one sound I couldn't here: AFTER booking the hostel we were informed that there is ongoing renovation work during August and September. Followed by apologies for the disturbance. I didn't hear anything of this - in fact I couldn't make out a single area with ongoing renovations - or where there have recently been renovations. The pictures displayed are a simple lie. Maybe they belong to the hotel that sort of is in the same building (it seems they share a reception and the hotel area also seems a bit nicer). Anyways: I will never stay here again!

Quite central. But almost everything is in Uppsala. Rather stay in any of the other hostels in town or even on the campground a little outsite - where it still only is a 15min walk to the city centre.

The room was clean.

There was an awful smell of sewage coming from the drain in the bathroom. The location was close to a restaurant but also there were many men that stood outside each day loitering.

The room was clean. There was also a passcode to get in after 1900. However the door was often propped open. The private bathroom was also clean. There was a phone number to call 24 hours if needed. As there appeared not to be many staff present most of the days. It was a good value for what was offered.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

The staff is super friendly and VERY helpful - on a scale of...

The accommodation's premises appear to share space with refugee housing, which means that there are a fair number of random men wandering in and out. That and the fact that the front door is left open (but the front desk is not staffed) in the mornings means that guests need to keep a close eye on their belongings when checking in and out. Guests with mobility issues should note that the lift on the property does not work, and make sure that they reserve a room on the first floor.

The staff is super friendly and VERY helpful - on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give them a 15+!

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

no windos, very bad place to stay!

NOTHING: there is no windows!! well actually there is sort of one, but you can not open it and it shows to the lobby so you want the curtains closed anyway. The door of the fridge doesn't open completely because it stucks on the bed; the light in the bathroom comes on automatically and stays on 15 min (in night, you wake your partner!), there is no possibility to have some fresh air in this room, it was so hot, (30 degrees outside) it was almost intolerable. This hotel has absolutely no charm, no service. DON'T GO THERE!

nothing, maybe the localisation in the city. I could use the washing machine for free...

only sleept there, hesitated to stay any longer then needed during the days.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Did not have a fresh or safe feeling in the hotell, and you had a window facing the public area in the lobby. People could sit in the lobby looking straight on to your bed. This was one of the more expensive rooms.

Friendly staff but not very service minded

Dirty room, not cleaned after the previous user, staff not present and not answering phone calls
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

I moved in around 8 p.m. (after the programme of the day at the university I was attending) when the reception was no longer staffed. This would be alright for me as long as someone would assist me to get my key (which was prepared in an unlocked = insecure safe next to reception as I learnt later). But this was not the case, despite there was a mobile phone number written on the entrance door for this purpose. I called there, left a message when it was not replied - and was hoping they would call back. They never did. The upside of this was a guy living in the same accommodation who was just smoking outdoors - he knew the code to the entrance door, let me in and advised me to the safe - where thankfully indeed my room card and short information paper was prepared for me. Then I had a hell to find the room as the room numbers were not marked properly - and despite my hurt back I had to carry my luggage to the first floor via staircase as the lift was broken - and had been for some time considering the paper announcing this hanging on it. Once I finally located my room and opened it, I was first happy about the discovery that the room included also a bathroom (despite it was supposed to be in corridor only). But then I realised that there is an old, dirty towel hanging in the bathroom; the bathroom itself never cleaned after the previous user (the floor and shower walls were dirty). The small kitchenette was the same - smelling badly because someone burnt food there are and nobody cleaned it afterwards - which was my task for the next half an hour. The rubbish bin was overflowing with rubish that had never been taken away. In the fridge there was still old food after the previous user. TV was placed on floor, removed from it's proper place on the wall, not playing (the remote was not in the room anyway). The overhead lamp by the bed had no light bull in it. The bed was the only clean place as far as I can tell.

The only thing I liked about this accommodation was that it actually offered free room for my date/s - as otherwise Uppsala was completely full due to a huge congress of 700 people.

I recommend Uppsala Hostel Kvarntorget!
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

There was no window in the room.

All the staff is friendly and helpful and everything is properly clean. Also, it isn't overcrowded so the place is calm and quiet.

Walking distance to the city.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

General cleanness in the kitchen that looked neglected. No proper segregation of garbage. Morning noisy deliveries to the shop located under our room. Use of chlorine liquids in bathrooms and WC resulted with strong smell.

Walking distance to the city. If you like big hostel, this can be a good opportunity to meet people.

Friendly staff.

Pillows need to be replaced, they were old and mattresses and comforters too.Garbage needs to be taken out every day. I had to take it out myself, after 5 days it starts to smell.Also get some do not disturb signs for doors.

The staff was very good,friendly.The man who was in charge of setting up the breakfast was wonderful and very helpful.The Receptionists were also good,I asked to borrow an Iron and they found one for me.

Cheap, but not cheap enough considering of what you got..

The rooms were dirty, the floors had not been vacuumed for atleast a month. The bathroom was better but it also had some weird red colour stains on the walls.. It had no elevator. No parking included in the price. Dirty windows.

The bed was OK. Easy check in and check out.

Standard shared toilet and cleanliness is kept OK.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Breakfast not included. Separate price 65 Swedish Kroner for a not so great breakfast. Too few options and not prepared in a good manner. Squeaky bed and too loud air circulation in the room. Poor sound isolation to the next room. So if you had too busy guests in the next room, then you can imagine what to expect. No towel included. If you happened to forget your own, the option is to rent one for 30 Swedish Kroner.

Standard shared toilet and cleanliness is kept OK. Standard shared shower. Depending on the demand it could get busy. Timing is crucial. Lucky for me, it was free when I needed it.

Will not recommend this place

Everything Else. The person at the reception(must be the owner) was unkind. I specifically requested a single room with Large window after seeing the pics on this website. Instead i got the exact opposite, a dark double room, on the ground floor with a small window facing the entry. Not only this, but he got irritated and rude on asking for a room change. Didnt change my room for the duration of my 5 nights stay. They do not provide room cleaning. Only on asking they provided only 1 day in the 5 nights.

The place was Quiet as i wanted. Wifi was great and had a good range and speed.

A decent accommodation, just make sure you are ok with its location.

There is not always someone at the reception desk. The location is not as convenient as that of other hotels. You need to bring your own shampoo.

Basic but spacious apartment with a desk. Friendly staff. Reasonably priced. Towels are not included in the price, but you can rent a pair for a couple of Euros. Breakfast is also not included, but it is relatively cheap and covers all essentials (eggs, coffee, bread, cereals).

the shower has a timer.

the shower has a timer. you should press a button every 20 second for the water to flow. also, you need to press another button for the water to flush from the sink! it was ridiculous.

I think it's better to pay more for another accomodation
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I didn't like an awful smell, extremely dirty carpet in the corridor, dirty walls and dirty windows. Wardrobe in the modest room was broken.

I like staff and grocery store around the corner. That's it.

Happy with everything

The staff were excellent . example lost my mobile phone on arrival I left it in the taxi , The person at the desk made several phone calls and managed to retrieve my phone for me that is just one example.

Worst stay ever in Uppsala

I booked this hotel on short notice, to attend a conference. I did not took attention to the comments; I definitely should have! My first impression when I arrived in Uppsala by train, the hotel is located 1km away, so I have to walk 15min. It's ok, even if it is not so convenient. When I arrive there, I notice that the area is not fantastic, the hotel is surrounded by huge social housing. When I booked, I specially specified I will arrive around 19:30. The door of the hotel was close by a digicode. Fortunately, a customer open the door for me. I could have also called the 24h service telephone number. At the reception, no one was there. I called the 24h telephone number service. The person that pick up the phone helped me to get my key secured in a safety deposit box. At that same moment, the owner of the hotel arrive and take care of the check in with me. First bad impression, I have to pay directly before the end of my stay. Usually I only pay when checking out (but I understood it later why, as the reception is almost never open...). I got my key and took my room number 102. I have a private bathroom. The room was just awful. The walls were dirty, the painting goes off, and there were several holes related to previous hanged furniture. The light took forever to turn on. There was no cupboard for my clothes. The furniture were very old and cheap. In the bathroom, the light switched on and off automatically by movement detector. For taking a shower I had to press a switch that gave me water for 10s, no more. The door of the bathroom did not close easily and was dirty. That was already a very bad first impression. Hold on, it's not over. On my first night, at 23:30 an explosion happened at the back of the hotel (see pictures). The fire alarm worked and panicking people evacuated the hotel. Fortunately no one was hurt, and we could got back to our room at 2:00 am after fireman checked the building entirely.

The sheets were clean, fortunately.

Lots of amenities e.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The rooms we stayed in had no external windows and the windows we did have looked into the hallway of the hotel/hostel. This meant you had to have the curtains closed the whole time, if you wanted any privacy.

Lots of amenities e.g. a communal kitchen including fridges/hob/microwave/pots/plates etc.

[room with shared bath&kitchen] functional, not completely clean, but worth the price! :)
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

["Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (2 single beds)" in the hostel for 2 people for 10 days] - mostly only functional and not that nice to look at - dirty fridge in our room - basic bathrooms, could be little more cleaner - (big) basic kitchen, could be little more cleaner - little amount of cooking stuff like pots, ect.; old but still acceptable [- often unwashed dishes (because of other guests) - sometimes dirty toilets (because of other guests) ] My friend and I brought along 2 glasses, 2 bowls and cornflakes for our muesli, so we had a very cheap breakfast and it was no problem to sleep until 12 o'clock because we had no deadline for public breakfast and there was no bigger noise. I would strongly recommend to bring your own things along when you intend to use them often because the kitchen (or the other people using it) was not very clean and often some shared dishes (provided by the hostel) were not cleaned and layed still in one of the two sinks (or in both when it was too much).

["Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (2 single beds)" in the hostel for 2 people for 10 days] + simply late-check-in at 19 o'clock (we just needed to call a swedish number [written on the door] and 2 min later we stepped into the hostel and our room) + many parking slots near the hostel (but you have to pay between 8-18h with 5 krones per hour -> 50 krones = ~5€ a day; you can only pay with card!) + very nice english speaking staff ! + very good WIFI for youtube music and some chatting + good sized room + nice beds + provided bed stuff (was not explicit given in our booking; to get safe we took some own with us) (+ towels can be leased for 3€ per towel) +/- (dirty) fridge in room + functional heater and air conditioner in our room + induction cooker & some cooking stuff in the shared kitchen + no cleaning staff in our room (we dont need it, and so we were sure that no one steped in our room) + enough toilets and showers (maybe because it was not at the main holiday season; we stayed at the end of march) + tasty food in Hörnet restaurant ~12m away from the hostel entrance + good start to walk in any direction of the city + carpet in the hallway/corridor We booked a "Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (2 single beds)" in the hostel for 2 people for 10 days and got a room with 4 beds (2x 2 bunk beds), which was unexpected but allowed us to hang up our towels. The mattress was comfortable, not to soft/small. Pillow, bedcover and bedsheet were included and clean! (Anyway we took our own bedstuff with us, because it wasnt explicit written, that it is given - but we did not used ours.) The room had a fridge inside which was very cool - until we opened it: we did not know exactly what it was inside but it smelled badly, so we simply removed it and used the fridge only to store milk for our muesli because the fridge wasnt very clean - but i guess for packaged things its ok.

Great price, beautiful town, great value

Hard to criticise as it is a hostel, but perhaps just fixing the odd broken elements in the bathrooms would have been a bonus

Great location and well priced hostel. As hostels go it had all you need with great bus links nearby Overall for a group of over 30 of us, it was fantastic for the one night stay! Great work

Not recommended!!!!!
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

really dirty and staff (except for the housekeepers) were not really helpful. But the worse was the cleaness. My bedroom had misterious dirty things in the windows. Carpet was disgusting and the bathroom (Shared) was really really dirty. I Was really disapointed and would never return or recommend such dirty hotel. Was as staying at a Hotel Ramsey nightmare

Before the last visit to the hotel I had forgotten the phone...

Before the last visit to the hotel I had forgotten the phone charger and already contacted the hotel and they found the charger and placed in the safe but when I went to take the charger denied that the charger they have

Double room with shower was good and in quiet spot, but the...

Double room with shower was good and in quiet spot, but the single room with shared bathroom (in which I stayed the first week) was located in very noisy corridor.

Nightmare
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Just dont go to this place, so scary.

The guy in reception was really nice, but most of the time he was absent so if you had any problem you were alone.

Really good for the price payed, super friendly staff!
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The rooms had very basic decorations (or well barely any, so the room felt a bit sterile and naked, kind of hospital like) and one of our lights were broken. The room was a bit cold at night.

Very helpful staff, we ended up coming very late, and they were super friendly and nice! There was a nice common room, room for cooking, washing machine, ironing..in all very good for the price!

Clean, simple accommodation for a cheap price.

Noisy. Have to ask reception for towels (none provided in the room) - and they're not around 24 hours.

Clean, simple accommodation for a cheap price. Nice TV, nice location. Would stay here again.

Not the greatest, but it's ok

Staff doesn't speak English very well, rooms are very noisy, windows are facing to the center living room, not outside, matrasses had hairs of other people on it, bathroom felt quite dirty.. we were very happy with our flipflops. No fresh air.

15 min walk from Uppsala centre, bus stops in front of hotel, 24u hotel accessoires, early check in possible,

A cosy hotel in midwinter Sweden

Maybe a little bit out of the way - a 20 minute walk from the old town and the station. Not a major problem though.

Warm, warm, warm - very important in Sweden in late December! Comfy beds and spotlessly clean.

So so
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

There are bunch of people who aren't obviously just temporary guests. They are quite noisy and the walls aren't sound proof at all so it's kinda random who you will get as your neighbors. Secondly corners of rooms or under the bed was quite dirty with dust and hairs. The facility is bit old but cleaning shouldn't be old. Showers and toilets aren't that dirty but every evening toilet smells pee a lot and floor was sticky so it was quite discusting. Their bed linnen was okay. The receptionist is friendly but they don't speak or understand English well. Their swedish was so so but fair.

Price and receptionist

Never More.

Arrive 19.00. The reception closed. No possibilty to get breakfast day after. No possibility to rent towels. Please dont call this hotel its just bloody bad joke.

Not recommendable.

The sink was congested, and the water did not run off. Smell of smoke entered the room during day and night via the ventilation system. Obviously other guests have been smoking in other rooms, although smoking is forbidden. The hotel management does not care. Lamps were mounted on the walls, but did not work, since there were no sockets in the wall to plug them in. The WLAN was very unstable and worked only 10% of the time. The curtains and curtain rails were desolate. The furniture was in a very bad state. The hotel staff did hardly understand English.

Good value for money

No windows (although this was not important for me on this occasion), there was only windows facing the public area of the hotel. Water spread all over the bathroom when you took a shower, making the floor wet. There was a scrape to remove it but I couldn´t get it all dry.

Vey good place to stay for one night. Not a long walk from the absolute centre of Uppsala. Quite fresh. Good value for money.

I will never get there again
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Staff at the reception are terrible! They’re angry for no reason! As if the guest is staying for free! I would prefer pay more instead of dealing with them!

Good place, but regular check in closes early

Arrived around 9pm and check in counter was closed, after calling proprietor I could get the code to enter but had to wait for poor English speaking staff to register my stay

Clean and good staff

Fair
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Staff, temperature. I come late so I didn’t find anyone to talk with so i ringed a number to fix my reservation. Staff there asked me why i came late many times and when I said the problem was with the trafic he looked to me as if he didn’t believe. 2. It was very cold in the room so I slept with my jacket.

Furnuture, cleanliness, features

Dirty room, squeaky bed.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Dirty room, squeaky bed. The bed was made for me but they didn't change the sheets after the previous guest, so it was smelly and full of the previous guest's hair. Dirty toilets. Dirty hallways. Unwelcoming.

Room was not cleaned when I arrived.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Room was not cleaned when I arrived. Neighbours were getting up to go to work around 5am and the doors are very noisy so I woke up every time. I did not see any other staff there than one guy who barely spoke English. The reception was almost never open.

An uncomfortable stay

Had trouble getting the shower to work properly. The room was very cold. The bathroom had a sensor that was constantly going on and off at night. Had trouble sleeping well because of this.

Close to the train station and downtown. Quiet area. Nice little stove and fridge in the room. Nice little table to eat your food in the room. Microwaves available outside in the common area.

No toiletpaper, no towels, no staff, no cleaning

When we arrived, the roll of toilet paper was already nearly finished. The room was not very clean. On our second day, they removed our towels without replacing them, and no staff was to be seen at the reception so we could get new towels. Toilet paper was also not renewed, and the room was not cleaned. No staff aswell on the third day, and no cleaning again. Would NOT recommend this "hotel".

Good location, near the city center. But in Uppsala everything is near the city center.

They took the money in advance and i extended the period and i pay to them also in advance and when i asked for early check out they refuse give me the refund even i give them the key and i offer them to rake one or two nights and refund the rest but they also refused

It is okay

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

Reasonable

Shower rooms

Rooms

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Enjoyed

Very limited reception

It's easy, simple, good location,

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Great little place! Excellent location for my needs.

Noise

Location Simple but effective Fit for purpose

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Great budget accommodation

Clean, short walk from centre, great value

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

The property was under renovations and was a mess,...
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The property was under renovations and was a mess, especially in the communal areas. Half of the showers were broken and leaking.

Nice place to be feel like home

Nonthig everything was good

Very good and I enjoyed my cooking feel like home lovely kichen

Very dirty and rundown
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

In need of serious repair. Sign everywhere on excuse us we are renovating, but they seem very old.

Bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Jus excellent experience.

Staff, property, location is excellent

Everything is excellent

I'd just need a place to stay for a night, it was fine.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

It was a bit chilly inside (15 august) and the toilet closest to my room didn't have paper towels but no big deal.

Fair price.

Payment was automatically withdrawn from my credit card on the arrival date.

Fair price.

Everything was OK.

Everything was OK..We will back..

Good location, clean separate shower
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

There were flies in the room!!! and there was a strange smell at the corridor

Good location, clean separate shower

Nice that later check-in worked out. :)

The fridge was pretty smelly and room not so clean.

Quiet, easy to arrive. Nice and clean beds.

OK

basic for the price

Quiet part of town

5.5
    OK

Was near where where my friends lived. Quiet leafy area. Close to train station and center of the city

nice hostel with good price-value balance and friendly staff service, which we highly recommand

no window to the outside (only window towards the inside of the hall)

fridge in the room, good breakfast, big flexibility to meet customer wishes

It was so cool place

It was so cool place

A very nice hostel with a super price/performance ratio close to the city center (10min walk).
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The floor in the corridor was a bit dirty.

price/performance ratio was absolutely perfect since the hostel had it's own common kitchen.

Bomb attack behind the hotel

Bomb attack behind the hotel

There was no window to the outside only one pointing to the...

There was no window to the outside only one pointing to the hallway

To pricy for the standard.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Dirty shared bathroom, leaking water, moldy. Shower shut off. Extremely dirty carpet in corridor.

Showing 1 – 75