Reviews of Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa 5 stars

1 Larkhill Road, Sentosa, Sentosa Island, 099394 Singapore, Singapore

#186 of 475 hotels in Singapore

• Couple Suite with direct access to pool

Got quite a few mozzie bites while chilling by the pool. It was quite expected since the villa is near the nature.

Booked the Couple Suite with Pool Access for a birthday celebration. The service was top notched from start to end. The room view was amazing (with beautiful peacocks roaming around) and it was well-maintained too. Breakfast at Shutters was memorable too. Will definitely recommend this suite for a relaxing getaway.

• Courtyard Suite with Private Jacuzzi

Rooms were tired. The lights in the outdoor plunge pool weren't working and had to be replaced. The peacocks were pretty loud at 3am and 5am.

Level 4 pool overlooking the straits is great.

• Deluxe Room with Garden or Sea View

There is not bathtub in the suites. Only shower is available. The air-conditioner works but the control is quite difficult i.e. difficult to turn up or down the temperature. I believe the air-conditioner is a bit old.

I got upgrade to a suites from Standard room. The scheduled coach helps to go around nearby shopping mall near Sentosa. There are several swimming pools in the hotel. The restaurant shutter is nice and not expensive.

• Couple Suite with direct access to pool

The hotel needs a real refresh: needs a good painting either on the wall or on the wooden things..the metallics things in the room are all very rusty. There are mould at the bottom of the bathroom taps.

Direct access to the pool is definitely a real comfort

• Two-Bedroom Villa with Private Pool

The chiller for drinks was not cold enough. I know the hotel indicated that it was a chiller to cool drinks and not a fridge however, this is my first time experiencing a chiller that was like that.

The pool in our 2 bedroom villa was awesome. The kids love it and didn't want to come out! Beds were comfortable too. The villa is also close to nature which was wonderful.

• Deluxe Room with Garden or Sea View

We went for family staycation at Amarah Sanctuary from Thur to Sat. The staff are very nice and the place is quiet and clean. Although it is old, the hotel is well maintained and can tell that through the years they added new facilities like kids pool. They have peacocks wondering freely at the sanctuary as well, and my kiddo loves them! Best of all, they gave us free upgrading to a villa with private jacuzzi instead of my originally booked deluxe room! The family enjoyed a wonderful time and we will definitely comeback again!

• One-Bedroom Villa with Private Pool

The hotel is very calculative. Pls expect your guest who book a villa to invite more than 4 guests to have some gathering. The ridiculous rules such as disallow > 4 guests at the villa at one time, charge $50 per chair when ask to have extra chairs n tables etc are too stupid! I regretted to have booked the villa.

Environment, the cleanliness, n location

• Deluxe Room with Garden or Sea View

Smart tv wasnt as user friendly, usb portion wasnt working.Pool was smaller than expected with little chairs available. Aircon wasnt cold enough most of the time.

Big comfortable bed. Love the toilet. Nice view could be seen from certain room.

• Courtyard Suite with Private Jacuzzi

Toilet bowl choked twice. No light at jacuzzi after 2.30 but we were not alerted earlier. I’ve they said will charge. Was so disappointed. Also booked under pet Friendly but when there they said no and asked us to pay extra $100 for pet friendly room

• Couple Suite with direct access to pool

I had emailed 3 days ahead to advise that I had ordered a bouquet for flowers to be sent to the hotel and to put it in our room before check in. I received and acknowledgement from the hotel via email that this would be fine. However, when the flowers arrived, I received a call from the hotel using the florist's Handphone that I should have informed them about the flowers. When I explained that I already emailed ahead, I was questioned who I sent the email to. I said I sent it via booking.com and it was responded to by the hotel themselves. I was then told that "next time" to inform them "directly". I questioned how much more direct I could have been if there was already an acknowledgement email. When we checked in, the flowers were in the room as requested. And we are thankful for that. However, we felt the staff over the phone was rather rude when asking us whether we had informed them earlier about the flowers. Perhaps instead of jumping to conclusions about whether the flowers were expected or not, it might be prudent to first check if a prior arrangement had been made. If this is an issue of emails sent via the booking.com email not getting through to the hotel, perhaps booking.com should look into its Web services and find out where things went wrong.

Nice facility. On site parking.

• Deluxe Room with Garden or Sea View

Lazy staff at checking in, I got a dirty room at the begining, but yet they gave me a clean room. I didnt like breakfast

Good location, Friendly staff in the night shift

• Couple Suite with direct access to pool

At Sentosa. Free access. Directly to pool. We booked the room as for celebrating my birthday with my fiancé. Choose Amara sanctuary wish to have a relaxation day. Actually we were expecting more... check in staff was ok. I greeted her , Not receiving any reply. Buggy driver very friendly took us to room give us information how to use card and direction to Palawan beach. We love the room big and directly to be pool . And there’s a bed next to bath tub. Unfortunately Was raining earlier , didn’t close the shelter so when we checked in the bed totally wet. We not even able sit on it. So spending whole afternoon at poolside. Inside room. Overall experience was ok .. probably need to mindful on that shelter. Guest really expected lying on bed relax privately.

• Two-Bedroom Villa with Private Pool

We booked a 2-bedroom villa which cost a whooping sgd1700 thinking that it is a luxurious stay but boy were we disappointed.. firstly there was a queue during check-in and there were no staff greeting us at the entrance, receptionist were inexperienced as well. Then, there was another queue for the buggy and we waited almost 30mins.. Having been stayed at resorts in Southeast Asia, this is surprisingly the first time i had to queue for a buggy, other places were an instant and mind you, this is Singapore 5-star resort.. Next, when we entered the villa, the bedrooms were so tight like a studio apartment instead.. and the amenities and toiletries were not of 5-star standard, it is all packed in plastic as if i'm in a budget hotel.. everything screams cheap.. plus the private pool is pathetically small that is just for show.. The worst experience of the stay is that the bed is not comfortable at all!! who would have thought a luxurious resort have uncomfortable bed?! it is big but it is soo so HARD that we had backache after we slept.. And every time we leave our villa we had to wait 15mins for a buggy.. and all the times we are heading back from the lobby, there weren't any buggy on standby AT ALL! we were so frustrated we just walk back to our villa instead. Another frustration we had is that all their staff are so inexperienced with no customer service at all! they were not knowledgeable about the resort and were all impolite with no proper greetings, even from the calls. We had drinks in our villa and when we called room service for a bucket of ice and asked for information, the girl simply said: "i dont know, you can ask front desk instead." seriously, what kind of customer service standard is this? i had much better experience staying in 3rd world countries with real luxurious resort and so much cheaper. certainly did not expect this from a first-world country.

Nothing i like about this place. Not even the breakfast is sumptuous. Ultimate disappointment for a premium price paid.

• Deluxe Room with Garden or Sea View

Photo shows there is a balcony for the room I booked. However, it's actually limited and on first come first serve basis. Should have made it clear upfront.

Plenty of greenery and friendly staff

• Deluxe Room with Garden or Sea View

Staff wasn’t helpful at all basically everything you asked them they either say they don’t know or can’t help. rooms weren’t very clean, there were hairs lying round the sink when we check in

Location was great, access to the beaches and universal studio

• Couple Suite with direct access to pool

For the price of $400++SGD A Night, the facilities was quite upsetting. The Smart Tv wasn't smart at all, it was sooooo bad that we had to wait for minutes for it to load. We can't watch any online videos as it is soooo lagged for a 5stars resort, it was disappointing. So in the end we couldn't watch any online shows at all. The pool was fine, but we found some flaky or foreign objects in it. They probably didn't clean it every morning. Otherwise, for this price given there are better resort/hotels out there. They could have done it better.

The place and ambiance and the pool right outside our stay was fine. Staff was helpful though and customers service was good!

• Deluxe Room with Garden or Sea View

The cleaniness of the room. The bathtub feels like its not been cleansed for long time. It feels rough to the touch instead of the smooth feel of a clean surface. I have to spend 10 over minutes giving it a scrub to remove the rough dirt.

The quietness of the surroundings.

• Courtyard Suite with Private Jacuzzi

The check -in process was not welcoming at all. The receptionist was rushing us when there was no other guests around. She made me sign few indemnity forms and explaining in a fast pace and simply retrieving the forms and not giving me a copy.

Ambience

• Two-Bedroom Villa with Private Pool

Staff were horribly unprofessional and rude, was served with an attitude. Staff bullied and intimidated me as i am just a teenager. Staff also have no sense of urgency, check-in was such a hassle and during check-out, they made me wait more than an hour!! An incident also happened during check-out when a friend of mine bought a lollipop for $1.10 from the reception with a 5 dollar note and was given her change of $3.90 all in ten cent coins (39x10 cent coins as shown in attached photo) when asked for bigger change was told off by staff that they needed the bigger change... Very displeased with my stay and would never consider coming back again with such bad service

Value for money, decent sized place

• Courtyard Suite with Private Jacuzzi

My time spent was too short

The team and natural ambience at Amara Santurary was simply amazing... service beyond. A perfect paradise tucked away on Sentosa Island ....

• Deluxe Room with Garden or Sea View

the location of the hotel was a far walk and many large vehicles were passing by when we walked up the slope, hence i felt that it was dangerous / cautious to look out for our safety.

the staff was extremely polite and friendly.

• Deluxe Room with Garden or Sea View

Like other Amara hotels we have stayed in, the administrative systems at the Amara Sentosa are very customer unfriendly. Check-in and check out, were both unnecessarily slow and complicated, because of odd systems, and staff who were really struggling to know what to do. The staff seemed to be as frustrated as the customers. — Total confusion and frustration on check-in, but the manager did a lovely piece of service-recovery by upgrading us to a suite, so we were extremely grateful. - My card was charged twice - once on check in, and then again on check out. I was told the first charge was ‘pre-authorisation’ which was very hard to accept, and I have been double-charged by Amara in the past too, so was really wary about this explanation. Why ‘pre-authorise’ instead of just charging the card on check in, so it’s clear? - The reception is a real issue. It looks like most of the functional systems are in an office behind a closed door, which the staff have to go inside in order to do anything. This leaves the reception unattended. They have counter space for at least 8 staff, but on the day we checked in it was mainly untended, leading to confusion, queues, long waits and lots frustrated customers. It turns out the staff were all out back. Amara really need to look into this, and streamline their reception to work for the staff and their customer.

We were upgraded to a pool-side suite, which was just fabulous. The resort has really stunning facilities, which have been designed with a lot of care. The staff are friendly and very helpful, despite struggling with some very odd systems, which clearly make their jobs a lot harder than they should be. We had a delightful, peaceful stay, and we would go back.

• Deluxe Room with Garden or Sea View

No shuttle to the beach. The trees were blocking the skypool view. It would been perfect if the trees were a metre shorter

Everything else was great, staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms was a good size and clean.

• Deluxe Room with Garden or Sea View

Drill/leaf blower quite loud early in the morning although stopped relatively quickly. Garden view room didn’t have much of a garden view, more a view of the rest of the hotel

• Deluxe Room with Garden or Sea View

Less polite 'concierge'. No drop offs or pick ups around the island. Balcony area needed a better cleaning.

Very attentive staff at counter. Nice sea view.

• Couple Suite with direct access to pool

Love the direct access to the pool - had a lot of fun there with the family! Requests with housekeeping were also answered very promptly. We felt very at home here.

• Verandah Studio

The hotel pool was a bit shabby, lots of leaves which were being tidied as I tried to sunbathe. I was woken both mornings by a groundskeeper with a noisy leaf blower blowing leaves from the paths at 0730, not very relaxing! The Spa was also not 5*. It is used for Deloitte University so lots of signs around and very corporate looking areas, not much of a sanctuary!

Nice and close to Palawan beach, beautiful colonial style buildings and good room size... Pleasant enough staff and peacocks wandering the grounds!

• Family Suite with Living Room

There is no towel in pool and gym, we ask to staff, however we were waiting for long time. We think that this hotel is old and huge, so maybe it is hard to care all of facilities. When we check out, they asked us wrong invoice ( the charge is twice !!) please check tax invoice before you leave.

location is nice, and staff is kind. kids pool has slider,it is fun.

• Deluxe Room with Garden or Sea View

Minor gripes - Delay checking in, limited TV channels, and some noise from building work and theme park can be heard from the pools.

Very spacious and relaxed retreat-style hotel with comfortable rooms and multiple small infinity pools. Resort within walking distance of the beaches.

• Deluxe Room with Garden or Sea View

The room toilet can only close 3/4. The Jacuzzi is freezing cold and a few are not working. Don't expect that this hotel allow early check in or late check out. Everything they talk about policy.

The lobby is clean and the front desk staff are friendly.

Mosquitoes. And less tv channels

The courtyard suite is worth the try, value for money. My family and I love the private Jacuzzi we had in the room. Room were well kept. Quality time well spent with my family.

• Verandah Suite with Living Room

We had booked a suite. The staff had issues with giving extra tooth brushes and towels. On the last night we wanted to order some food and called in at 2259 but the refused to give us food from the menu that closes at 2300. When we had asked for a sandwich on the menu which he said was not available at that time so we asked him to give us options to which he answered rudely to refer to the menu. When we looked into the menu he didn't give us what we wanted. On the last night the room was not cleaned, only the bed was made with a toddler we expected high standards of cleanliness.

Good location and ambiance. A lot of greenery and birds.

• Courtyard Suite with Private Jacuzzi

Room was not well clean. Multiple times staying at this resorts, however always no early check in avail. Worst still recent stay check in was delay till almost 45mins , phehabs was bcoz I requested for a specific room no. Hope future stay will have better experient of earlier check in.

Excellent service from check in staffs. Courteous & polite in room dining staffs.

• Deluxe Room with Garden or Sea View

When we book through booking.com, just for gurantee we provide our credit/debit card. Please have a tie up with booking.com not to debit us while booking. We will pay directly to the hotel/resort while arrival. This us my request.

I like the total stay

• Deluxe Room with Garden or Sea View

Room is not soundproof, heard the pushing of trolley a couple of time

The best of both worlds- garden and sea views from room 411 plus beautiful sunset view

• Verandah Studio

All resorts on the island were also quite expensive. We chose Amara’s mid priced room and were not happy even with the nice room with veranda. The veranda was unable to be used and there was much noise from the Amusement Park. Rooms in the least expensive big building are motel-like but Amara’s best are private garden area suites with individual pools- if you can afford it.

Amara is like several different hotel experiences. The efficient and knowledgeable manager, Dana, helped us upgrade to a quite expensive suite with a secluded, shared pool on the quiet side of the property. That really made our stay as did our dealings with Dana. The pillows were more comfortable, the veranda able to be used and the bathroom opening to the poolside was luxurious. Lovely soaps, decent, multicultural breakfast and history right on the grounds. Two fair pools in different locations. The resort is close to public transportation, nature, and a beach.

• Courtyard Suite with Private Jacuzzi

The property needed a little TLC for example our courtyard needed a good clean and so did the spa well this was not a spa just a tiny pool as there was no button to turn on the jets. Check in staff not friendly or helpful. Did not tell us anything about the property or what was available. No information in the room.

The layout of the room. Very large bed super comfy. The outdoor courtyard was nice. Sitting out on the front porch felt very colonial.

• Two-Bedroom Villa with Private Pool

The two bedroom villa is so nice and cozy. The staff are polite and nice. It was my brother’s birthday that we got a cake from the resort, however when we wanted to lid the candle, we realise that we dun have a lighter. I made a call to room service and they got the lighter for us immediately!! I wanted to thank Amara for giving us such an amazing staycation experience! Looking forward to my Wedding Banquet!

• Courtyard Suite with Private Jacuzzi

We've made a reservation at the hotel restaurant, Shutters yet they didnt inform us that it is fully booked for solemnization. Had our room card changed before they checked that the card reader is out of battery. Mini fridge faulty.

Friendly & helpful staffs

• Couple Suite with direct access to pool

Only 1 restaurant on site. Breakfast buffet spread was meagre, not worth the $32/pax per night we paid for Room had a musky smell

Swimming pool near the room was fantastic ID for the room was gorgeous View from the pool was excellent

• Courtyard Suite with Private Jacuzzi

Jacuzzi courtyard was littered with leaves Everyday, no effort done to sweep them up.

Breakfast buffet had a good variety, food was good. High tea buffet had a very good spread as well and highly value for money! Historical architecture of the hotel was beautiful and well maintained.

I had emergency with my family and have to leave the hotel after 5 nights but the hotel refused understand my emergency they said BUSINESS IS BUSIENSS money comes first

• Verandah Suite with Living Room

Staff, location of the place, entry fee for cars, resort policies that were pretty ridiculous (eg: only 3 adults can be in the room after 7pm)

Nothing much.

• Deluxe Room with Garden or Sea View

Bad room service! The room was not made up until 3.30pm, so I had to call them. Once they had the room done, they left my room‘s door open and the key was in my room! The second day there were no towels in the room. Temperature in the room was freezing due to airco! Restaurant was far too cold due to airco. Luckily it was possible to sit outside in the garden. There were not enough sunbeds at the infinity pool.

Friendly staff in restaurant and reception. Very nice pools, one of them an infinitypool. Green park and surroundings of the hotel nice. I had a great balinese massage at the hotel spa. Much recommended!

• Deluxe Room with Garden or Sea View

The pillow was rather hard and there wasn't any choice of pillows. The coffee machine filter needs to be cleaned.

Early check-in was granted and highly appreciated as we wanted to wash up after the Spartan race. The hotel is generous with toiletries.

• Courtyard Suite with Private Jacuzzi

Service of hotel could have been better. I was double charged for my room. I find that very unprofessional. Not expected for a five-star hotel.

Jacuzzi, Privacy. Cleanliness of jacuzzi and room.

• Deluxe Room with Garden or Sea View

The Bathtub was quite old. The dream pool can def use some maintenance and cleaning.

Love the location, beach and 7/11 are all within 5min walking distance. Casino and imbiah road are also within walking distance. Hotel facilities exceed my expectations. Skypool was amazing with warm water. Definitelty worth for family staycation. Highly recommend.

• One-Bedroom Villa with Private Pool

booked on Wed for Sat check-in only to be told when we were checking in that the only restaurant in the hotel was closed for private event. Would have appreciated being told about this earlier. After check in the receptionist told us to wait for the buggy to take us to our villa and the buggy didn’t arrive. The villa was dirty and dusty and the private pool was murky. Constant screaming can be heard from nearby roller coaster rides so we couldn’t relax at all in our villa the whole day and night. It was raining when we wanted to go out of our villa for food but there were no umbrellas provided in the room and the villa has no sheltered walk way to the hotel lobby. Luckily we brought our own umbrellas. We arrived at the only other food option in the hotel which was a bar/lounge that was so depressing so we decided to go to the cliff at Sofitel for dinner. Amara hotel staff promised to call a cab to take us there but we waited in vain only to find out later that nobody ordered a cab for us. Worst experience ever. I’ve stayed at Sofitel Sentosa before and that is paradise compared to Amara sanctuary.

• Couple Suite with direct access to pool

Toilet facilities are abit wearing. Shower facilities’ hot function not working. Breaks fast in dining can be improved as was received cold.

The overall ambience is good for a short getaway. Staff are courteous.

• Villa Escape

I didnt really like the pool switch. It says after 10pm they will switch off the pump but they actually switched off earlier than that . The lightings were dimmed tho should at least put some more lights at the dinning area. one light wasnt working tho. And the door jammed had to call the technician. The tv list were limited . The wifi was terrible. The tv in the living room shuts off couple of times by itself . And the youtube cant be used nor the website. Only the one in the bedroom was working well.

The waiter who sent food to the villa was very patient and friendly. He was outstanding ..a chinese uncle . The technicians were very responsive . They were helpful and friendly. The I love the villa it was spacious and great for my family . The villa was clean , altho the leaves and twigs were falling around but thats fine due to our surroundings of trees. I love the pool too, the height was just nice and the water was warm.

• Couple Suite with direct access to pool

The front desk crew is not good in English speaking explanation of policies not clear. A chair inside the room found stained and this is not accepted for a 5 star hotel especially it's a suites and overall cleanliness not very well maintained.

The size of the room is good and the connecting pool from the room is interesting that's where the money was paying for.

• Deluxe Room with Garden or Sea View

The skypool was under maintenance during the stay so we can’t visit. The other pools were too far away.

The extra bed and baby cot provided with no extra costs.

• Deluxe Room with Garden or Sea View

The Wifi is not working which is a bit inconveniences. By the way, the pool on the 4th floor without lifeguard, it is really dangerous even I know how to swim, as the pool is not for decoration, it is for customer to swim and enjoy the moment, so parent who want to bring their children should care about this issue. Other than that, everything is fine.

Many Peacock stay outside of our room which is very excited, they are really lovely and give me a lots of fun, just they will walk me up around 9am everyday, haha.

• Deluxe Room with Garden or Sea View

Overall facilities looks abit dated and tired Could use a fresh coat of paint in some areas Dark alley ways

Pleasant experience - lovely atmosphere and overall a good place to relax

• Couple Suite with direct access to pool

- Unlike the photos, the room isn't pearl white but it's yellowish and old looking. - Slippery floor, hotel did not provide anti-slip mat.

- Location is good

• Family Suite with Living Room

Forgot my iPhone charger. No one could help me and when I needed to call my husband the first thing I got told was that I would be charged for local calls. That is fine but no one could help me with a simple phone charger and neither could the instructions to ‘dial 9’ for local calls work.

• Deluxe Room with Garden or Sea View

Can't think of anything we didn't like

The bed was so comfortable that we overslept, not waking till 10.30 am unheard of for us. We enjoyed eating outside at the garden bar, and the infinity pool was great. Lovely grounds for a stroll and a good location

• One-Bedroom Villa with Private Pool

The Villa [#7] where we stayed, although more spacious than others, had faulty lighting and switches. In the first evening, during our valenine’s dinner, they had to call on an engineer to come and replace the bulbs. Also, the switch that activated the pool jets was not working. [or, it may have been centrally controlled to switch on at 4am, and randomly switch off during our 4-night stay]. On a lighter note, it would be helpful for both staff and guests, for staff to be trained further in communication, given the international market it services.

The staff from the restaurant were courteous and very accommodating of special requests given this was a Valentine’s and Chinese New Year long weekend. Despite full capacity at the resort, there was little to no congestion in the common areas, and service requests were promptly addressed.

• Deluxe Room with Garden or Sea View

It would be nice to have a table with chairs to have coffee/tea in the bedroom.

This hotel is nice, close to Sentosa shopping centre, with swimming pools and lovely views towards the sea. The bedroom was big with a nice bathroom. I loved the trolley in the lobby with cool drinks and traditional nibbles. From the hotel, the high density city appears to be very far away.

The TV was not working until 2hrs before check out. The Veranda Suite was on the 2nd floor and there was no lift. We had older people in our family who had difficulty climbing the stairs. We stayed there to attend a wedding at Siloso Beach. The hotel provides shuttle service to Vicocity but not to Siloso Beach... Not very satisfied.

• One-Bedroom Villa with Private Pool

Did not like the check in and check out waiting time pissed me off and on top of the the hidden deposit cost of $600 which I did not know off as Booking.com and the Resort Operator number did not tell me about it after I double check with them.

Breakfast was good only

• Courtyard Suite with Private Jacuzzi

Average feeling, everything is old not really cleaned and looks about to fall apart. Leaking of the sink, no extra towels when I asked I had to insist to have them as I used them for the leaking of the sink...the patio area was dirty sort of abandoned, the private jacuzzi dirty everything quite abandoned to the fate

The bed was comfortable

• One-Bedroom Villa with Private Pool

the hotel changed my room type and didn't allowed me to use the full facility. i booked for a villa with swimming pool and they have provided me with villa without swimming pool then gave me a small discount on other two nights. nearly the same discount booking.com provided. after long & tired journey they ask me to wait to 3 pm to clean the room and when they saw the fatigue in my family and i cannot refuse any offer they came up with changing the room type and when i saw the exhaustion in my family i couldn't refuse. when tried to facilitate the kitchen they provided on the room they provided (with the new & full LPG cylinder) they refused because its their new policy.

quiet, good location

• Deluxe Room with Garden or Sea View

Our room was great with sea view and a balcony. The room was big and clean and had all the amenities that we needed. The pools were also amazing. It was a short walking distance to the beach from the hotel. We’ll definately come back to these beautiful tropical surroundings!

• Couple Suite with direct access to pool

I have sent two times a query to the hotel through booking.com but received reply only after the check out, when I did not need anymore such information. This was disappointing.

Excellent in terms of service, appearance and beauty.

• Deluxe Room with Garden or Sea View

Hand soap is not provided, and found out at check out that we need to request. If this is for environmental, I would suggest to put a note in the bathroom that hand soap is upon request. Or, a better suggestion is that to use liquid or foam hand soap. Though the breakfast buffet and high-tea buffet have a good range of food selections, we found a good number of food which meant to be hot food, were actually cold. We chose the hotel for my birthday, and the hotel could make an effort for a voucher or little gift to show appreciation of our choice to stay, rather than just an email to wish me a good birthday.

The location is quiet but close to the other places which we love. Enjoy lots of greenery and the peacocks living in the area. The bed is very big, and most of the staff are not just friendly but attentive to our needs.

• Courtyard Suite with Private Jacuzzi

1)Somehow i did research on the place before i checked in on the day. So from what i got for myself is not like what i saw in the internet. No nespresso machine, no complementary drinks or food in the fridge. However i tried to understand mayb its value for money. 2) I did make a special request 4 days before check in saying its my husband's birthday if u have anything special for him. I even have a reply saying "we are please to arrange for birthday amenity" but to my disappointment when we enter the room nothing was up. So it actually spoilt my surprise mood a little. 3) During check in i did say i want late check out. So the staff checked for me and she say she can only extend it to half an hour so fine. Half an hour is still time coz we have small kid. Its quite hard to rush things especially in the holiday mood. However i got a call at 12pm saying we have to check out at 12 although i did say i alrdy requested for late check out. But the staff said "no u have to check out now, so do u need a buggy?". Luckily we were done packing just spending those last moments to chill & take some pictures. 4) We just cant manage to control the temperature in the room. It gets too cold that i have to occasionally keep switching it on & off.

Nice place, very private, comfortable bed, toilet is fully equipped with all necessities. Walking distance to all facilities. Staffs were friendly and efficient. Quick & easy check in & out. Jacuzzi was just the right temperature especially in this cold weather. The room is clean.

• Courtyard Suite with Private Jacuzzi

The breakfast was a huge disappointment, variety was poor, they were short of staff for a weekend, only had machine coffee. AIR CON was leaking on me..

The suite was nice and big, hotel staff were really nice as well

• Verandah Suite with Living Room

Some lighting had the bulbs blown, thus the room was not as bright as it should have been. TV remote not working well, needed replacement of batteries. Well, the building was a little old. We were given a room on the 2nd floor. There was no lift which made it more troublesome for a family with young kids. Carpark was also not in the same building, and was a short walk away. Buggy was provided though.

The kacang putih corner! Made our short wait for the buggy extremely pleasant. I liked that the room was spacious enough for my toddler to crawl around rather safely. Cleanliness of the place was also up to my expectations.

• Deluxe Room with Garden or Sea View

The checkout staff made me wait with hands full of luggage when it was a fast 1 min job. If the customer is in front of you, they should be serve first. This staff was not handling any any important items as I see it.

The quietness. The natural surroundings.

• Courtyard Suite with Private Jacuzzi

Can’t change the temperature of the jacuzzi. There’s no light for jacuzzi... was given a broken lamp... There should be more buggy. Buggy service should be chauffeured to nearest monorail station

The room was superb and quiet location. Everything was great.

• Verandah Studio

Noisy neighbours (huge group in the room) have a party throughout the day till midnight. Contacted the receptionist to rectify the issues a number of times. Requested for a room change but not granted. The management did not manage to solve this noise issue, hence our stay is extremely unpleasant as we are not able to have a good night sleep. The best thing that the reception did is to apologise, which did not really solve the noise issue.

Room is spacious, friendly staff

• Deluxe Room with Garden or Sea View

As it was holiday time,the Sanctuary was full of children of all ages. This put us off using the hot tub because the parents were using it as a kids and baby pool. In fact one Mother squeezed the nappy out in the overflow of the infinity pool.! Not the hotels fault, but it would help to have a notice informing parents that the hot tub was not for babies in nappies.

Breakfast was not included, and we found it too expensive. But staff and hotel room allocated was amazing. The facilities were exceptional, and this was a hotel that I would love to return to soon.

• Verandah Studio

We got a taxi from there to Merlion for $9 when we could have walked in 3mins as we were not told this was so close very annoying.

Excellent place to stay family of 4 we loved this hotel definitely 5 star quality in all aspects very large room most comfortable bed in Singapore compared to 3 other hotels we've stayed at this trip. We'll be back!

• Courtyard Suite with Private Jacuzzi

The staff was terrible - they made us wait to get the room for over three hours !! The front office was very unprofessional gave excuses and were clueless and clearly under trained. The room jacuzzi had no temperature control Food was below average

Browse Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa traveller photo gallery