Reviews of Ascott Raffles Place Singapore 5 stars

No. 2 Finlayson Green, Marina Bay, 049247 Singapore, Singapore

#68 of 475 hotels in Singapore

• Suite

Lack of attention to detail by cleaners - was easily remedied though.

Loved the spacious room with useful and high quality amenities. Hotel was to a much higher standard than expected. Great location - easy walking distance to Lau Pa Sat, Marina Bay and China Town.

• Suite

Suite very spacious, especially considering how tiny hotel rooms in Singapore often are. Fully equipped kitchen and washing machine. Big and luxurious bathroom.

• Suite

Broken bathroom door knob and the empty bath gel on the second day. The breakfast was a bit dissapointing, they even dont have a coffee creamer.

The check in and out was super fast and efficient

• Finlayson Suite

The fridge took a while to warn up and the microwave was more complicated to use than normal. The rug fluffed up a lot when the center pieces were moved.

The bed was king size

• Suite

Nothing that I can think of.

I left some important papers in the room when I left. I called the hotel and they sent someone quickly with those papers to the dock where I was waiting to board the ship. I consider that excellent service. There was never any question that they would do this for me.

• One-Bedroom Suite

-Reception. We arrived during Chinese New Year weekend and the lady in reception told us that all restaurants are closed. She then told us that our choises are either McDonalds or to order pizza, and laughed. Well, a quick check at Tripadvisor and we found several open restaurants in the neighbourhood and chose Artemis with a breathtaking view. - Breakfast- don’t pay for it, it’s not worth a single dollar, it was a huge dissapointment! There are lots of restaurants that serve great breakfast, we can recommend My Awsome Cafe; it’s really awesome!

Very nice, spacious and cosy apartment. Excellent location. Good swimmingpool, terracce and gym up on the 19th floor.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Gym needs an upgrade, noise from car traffic, rooms are on dark side. Wifi connection is slow and one needs to constantly reconnect. We stayed in this property several times over the years, and little improvements and upgrades have been made

Large bed, large room, kitchen, washing machine, central location

• Finlayson Suite

There wasn’t any grocery store nearby. So getting any daily essentials may not be convenient. There wasn’t any parking services available. So don’t even think of renting car for visitors or driving over for local staycations. Parking within 300-500m cost a bomb. Suggest to have a collaboration with any buildings nearby for parking services.

The room was huge! Its clean and neat. Service staff were friendly. Pool was awesome but a little cold. Would be nice if the water was that freezing cold. Location is central and near to MRT. Just note that Ascott has a very strict visitor timing restriction. All visitors have to leave by 10pm.

• Suite

The apartment had a spacious bedroom, oversized ensuite complete with separate bath, kitchenette, very comfortable. Great location, within easy walking of Marina Bay. Close to transport.

• Finlayson Suite

I booked the Finlayson Suite which was huge and outstanding. Staff were great, always a smile and friendly greeting, answered all my questions and did everything they could to assist, ie late checkout. Cheerfully recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Suite

The floor had not been cleaned properly, there was still a peanut left by a previous occupant.

Spacious, fully furnished serviced apartment. The staff is amazing - professional, helpful...when they learnt I graduated that day they presented me with a complimentary dessert and chocolates.

• One-Bedroom Suite

No carpark would be the considering factor if I were to book here again. Had to park 2 buildings away and was very inconvenient for me and my guests. The drainage system was very weak. Bathroom was flooded after a shower.

Room was spacious, clean, comfortable and super worth the price.

• Suite

First of all, the staff are very friendly and helpful in assisting us. We feel so comfortable during our short honeymoon getaway. It's a perfect spot to those who'd like a nice quiet place in a bustling city as there isn't any noise or distractions at any time when you're here. Very very lovely. We'd love to come by soon!

• Suite

Room has no view, very dark, direct view a wall of other building. Un Sunday no cleaning, rooftop terrace not cozy. Only one coffee machine. When we wanted to take coffee on Monday at the rooftop lounge the coffee machine was replaced downstairs. For a 5* hotel you can expect they have 2 coffee machines. We had to call several times. On sunday there is almost no service. The pool towels where finished. There was no water in the coffee machine, the coffee milk was finished. No new drinking water in the room. Overall maybe a good hotel for business travellers, but not for tourist. Better stay in another area and a hotel with more facilities.

The location is good, close to the MRT and Marina Bay

• Suite

Breakfast was awful , a few cornflakes and a few coco balls at the bottom of the container. Coffee awful. Towels provided at swimming pool smelt really bad. Room smelt unpleasant.

Staff were good

• One-Bedroom Suite

Resturent: The hotel has one resturent and that resturent closes on weekend. Breakfast: Breakfast was very modest.

Location: The hotel location was near the underground and close by training facilities. Hotel: hotel is quite and near the marina bay and landmarks.

• Suite

The paid Buffet breakfast was less then average.

Nice room, big bed, glass pool, dual head shower, low noise, L’Occitane products, close to everything and the MRT was easily accessible.

Bar staff.

The room is huge with everything you need.. we only stayed overnight but this would be great for longer stays as it is more apartment than hotel room. Very luxurious room and bed very comfy. Pool on the roof with a view. Close to public transport, easy to get to from the airport and walking distance to gardens by the bay and shopping.

• Suite

Everything in this hotel waste off minies

Nothing staff where so rude. Never going to this hotel again even if it was the only one left still wouldn’t go

• Suite

I had made an extension to the stay through booking.com for an additional day as my initial plan was to stay for 2 days. I made the booking on the 2nd day of stay.The host made a big hue and cry about extending the same room and instead asked me to check out and check in to another room. Later I did get the same room after a lot of drama. The staff could be nicer and more accommodating.

• Suite

Breakfast is too expensive.

The see through pool was amazing and that was the reason why who chose this hotel. Also the room was big and well equipped, the bathroom has a window wall so you can see in the room. Very close to the metro station so it is very easy to get from the airport and also very close to Marina Bay. A good choice!

• Suite

The platform bed. Not really toddler friendly. As much as i love the nice platform in the room, My 1yo loves running around the bed and always missed a step when going down. The washing machine was hard to operate. Took me 2.5 hours to wash and I dried my clothes fr 30 minutes but still came out damp. And it still smell of pool water. We used the detergent provided by the hotel.

The bathroom Is EVERYTHING. And the sofa was comfy. Love the kitchenette. Pool area was amazing too! The infinity pool open till 11pm can have the whole pool almost to yourself and enjoy the view.

• Suite

The overall property was well located for what we were after being near the Gardens and Mariner Bay hotel. The property was very modern, clean and the room was amazing with fantastic view. The rooftop pool was a bonus small but adequate. The staff were very friendly and professional.

• Suite

Did not enjoy the food at the restaurant

My room had a smart phone with unlimited data that i could use (for free) to help find restaurants, navigate the city, etc

• Suite

There was some mould in the bathroom, on the silicone or grout at the back of the basin. And the silicone was coming away and mouldy in the shower. The ceiling in the shower area also had mould. It wasn't bad so not a show stopper for us but other guests might mind this. One of the speakers in the room also wasn't working.

Property went out of their way to check us in early. And after 16 hours of travel that was great. Fantastic service to accommodate us. Overall service from staff in the hotel was also great. Hotel facilities are great. Love the pool area.

• Suite

Bigger kitchen area as the kitchen area is small.

I like the staff's warm welcome and helpfulness. The rooms are comfortable and the views are fantastic!

nothing much actually!

counter service was good, and efficient. love the design of the room and especially the toilet. luxurious! right outside raffles place mrt as well, super convenient.

• Finlayson Suite

Before my stay, I asked if I could bring my own Bluray player and was told for "safety", I couldn't. I finally spoke to someone else who told me I could. Upon check-in, I was told sternly that my guests have to leave by 10 pm & I couldn't have more than 2 people staying over. I understand why they are doing this, but to be assumed the worst before staying isn't exactly good service. In addition, the room's AC kept malfunctioning, the wallpaper was peeling & there was a dead cockroach.

Good deal for the biggest suite, Finlayson Suite. It has a spacious living area which was perfect for a gathering.

• Suite

The staff did not allow us to have a late check out that day despite not having any guests after us. The nearest supermarket (NTUC) was located at Chinatown. 'Cold Storage' has ceased operations, not updated in this portal. Information not 100% accurate.

The location was easily accessible via subway to many places of interest and shopping places. I love that it was not over crowded at pool/gym area. The room and facilities are spacious, clean and tidy. The kitchen is well-equipped with everything we need to whip out a decent meal!

• Suite

Not well maintained. Aircon noisy and corridor aircon not working. Bathroom smelly from sewage odor.

The front desk offered to upgrade one room. At least this room facing the street not a wall as the first room. The other I booked for my son and his family was claustrophobic. Windows faced a building wall and the room echoed.

• Suite

The view unfortunately is just another office building next door. The TV is quite small and non HD.

Good bed, Fully operational kitchen, good big room and bathroom. Thoughtful management, there were fire alarm scare in the morning (proved to be false) and later in the day they sent a box of chocolate apologising for the inconvenience. They also had a personalised welcome letter.

• Suite

I wasn't able to access the free WIFI on checking in and after reporting was transferred to an external support service. They could not find my details in their system but were quickly were able to rectify this. However, I don't believe I should have had to speak with an external service to fix this myself. I believe this problem should have been followed up by hotel staff in the first instance.

I wanted to acknowledge the guest services staff member who was working on Friday evening and also on Saturday. She was so friendly, helpful and obliging and nothing was too much trouble for her. She is an asset to the Ascott team.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Suite

The hotel manager was extremely helpful and went out of her way to make my stay extremely enjoyable. An excellent location. Walking distance to Marina Bay and surrounding attractions.

• Suite

The coffee machine inside our room cannot be used, and they are doing some renovation for the swimming pool and the gym.

I love the service of this place, the staff is super helpful and give the good recommendations on where to go and how to get there. The bed is super comfy, and the room is very spacious and private.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Suite

Upon check in, just know tat when you log in to booking.com your booking name got to be the same your IC/Full name. So I unable to check in and got to change the name first. I did tat less then 5mins. The lady at the front desk advise me to have a sit n wait for booking.com to send them an confirmation email abt the changes. I waited for 30mins till the lady came to me and ask if booking.com have send me any confirmed email abt the changes, I show her the email then she went back to check n came back to me tat she still haven't rec yet, she ask me to call booking.com n check, when ask abt their phone no. she ask me with we do not have their no. and only contact them via email n she straight away turn n walk away. So, I went to googol and search myself for their no. I spoke to the customer service person, she advise tat her side have already send an confirmed email abt the changes. And she also offer me to help to call the front desk to confirmed before hanging up the fone. Mr Chris confirmed rec an email abt the changes, by the time I check in was 345pm. I waited for 45mins just to get everything done. In Singapore customer service is top but with tis what I had rec, I guess there's more you need to improve.

Check out was easy and the front desk person didn't taking his own sweet time. 👍🏻

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Suite

There could have been more channels. More in-room coffee too.

The rooms were spacious and clean. There were alot of useful electronics. Necessity could be found all in the room.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

I booked 12 nights free cancellation and when decided to change I was told I can not !! The interpretation and discription may require a lawyer to figure it out. Booking assist me to do the cancellation 3 days later. Therefore I was not able to make a proper change for my next destination. When you have a big family you will end up paying for three expensive 5 star units where the hotel maximum should be rated 4 star. It was an old building very small lobby, small pool and the facilities were average. I really had expected much better hotel.

The location is outstanding nearby the Marina Bay and MRT is a walking distance. The room is outstanding however for a small family with one young child. The kitchen set is complete and it is very useful.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

I just wonder they don't clean my room on the second day. Just change of Towel. Should tell me earlier, it make bad experience..

The location, very clean, very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• Brown Suite

Wheelchair access elevator in the front door had some sensors that make it difficult to go up or down when touching the sensors. In short, it is a bit hectic.

Perfect for Family. Very well equipped accommodation and staff are very kind and helpful.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Suite

Smells bad I told the receptionist I want a CLEAN room but she gave me a room that kind of stink. I was so mad that I cut short my stay For some reason, the floor that I was given smell so bad

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

• Suite

The front office officer who check me in already confirmed a late check out for me at 1pm but the housekeeping knock on my door twice just to clean up my room.

The configuration of the room is awesome and the cleanliness of the place.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

• Brown Suite

Breakfast deserves to be completely reviewed: very poor buffet, industrial juices and untasty dishes

Excellent location Nice and spacious rooms Very good WiFi

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

• Suite

I have been booking hotels thru booking .com for over ten years . Sometimes these deals are misleading and the they are done in a very mischievous manner. The room in the deal is shown differently and we get something different. Very common with booking.com. Also booking.com is losing its value . The hotel encourages peolple to book directly and not thru booking.com . If there is any problem booking.com will never help.as they have taken their share from hotel .. they just want a good rating from customers This my experience with booking .com for over 10 years .

Everything good about the hotel

No cleaning service on Sunday

This is our 4th stay: large, apt style rooms with washing machine and espresso. Shower, bed are excellent. Great lap pool and gym. Quiet. Close to hawker center and walking to marina bay, China town, club street. MRT right next to hotel.

• Suite

Small gym,cold water in the outside pool, very poor breakfast, step in the room dangerous to fall and not marked to be noticed.

Location,room,cleaness.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

I have been a constant customer of Ascott, but 2 previous bookings were under my friend's name. I love the apartment until the last stay on December 17, 2016. I have set a dinner with friends at Ascott and so I have ordered food from caterer. When the food arrived I asked for assistance from staff, the bellboy said i have to rush because there is a VIP that he needs to assist. So the food came and I waited for around 10 minutes with the food on the floor before they assisted me. And when they do the bellboy asked me to carry some trays, i did. He put the food on the carrier on top of gigantic bags of another customer and left it there for 10 seconds, then the disaster happened, the tray of food dropped and spilled our dinner off all over floor. The bellboy was mad, i really tried to be as calm as I can be. i contacted the receptionist right after informing her of what happened. She said she will contact the manager and get back right at me, after an hour no call from anyone. I have called and the person who answered was so rude. I asked he what will Ascott do to compensate the inconvenience made, and directly she was loud and firm that she's not going to compensate me with anything. She said she know nothing about it because she just took over the shift and she is alone and if we want she can buy pasta for me in the store and so i can cook my own spaghetti. That was a crazy gesture! After much argument and inconvenience they finally agreed to order food and the hotel paid for the replacement. They even called and interrogated the caterer before they do that. But this incident spoiled my night already considering I was there to celebrate my birthday. I was not happy with the staff though the place is still amazing for me.

Good location, spacious room.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Suite

This place needs an upgrading as it looks and feels old. Housekeeping could have done a better job to ensure that all surfaces are throughly clean.

Spacious room, comfy, old but well maintained.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Suite

Awesome location, close to transport and great food options. The hotel facilities are well maintained, rooms are great size and lastly great pool. Stayed for a 2nd time, will stay again.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Suite

The apartments are not serviced on public holidays or on Sundays. Since we were there on a Saturday which was a public holiday it meant that there would have been no fresh towels or cleaning for 2 days.

The apartment was very spacious and included a washing machine which was important. The bed was comfortable, and the use of a mobile phone to make international calls and to use outside the hotel was a real bonus.

• Suite

I didnt like dirty ocean water.... It is the reason why i never go back to this place...

Swimming pool is fantastic! Family villa is excellent.... But royal family villa is much better. Hotel clean. Free bicycles in hotel area is very good idea because we were group of friends living in diferent numbers and it was very good transport for us

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Suite

Ascot Raffles was just beautiful, they made us feel so welcome and the beautiful gift they left us on our bed for our honeymoon left us speechless its was an absolute beautiful surprise. Darren who was on front desk was outstanding in his service and help, he always stood up and greeted us when ever we arrived or left the hotel. He talked to us about the history of Singapore and recommended places to visit. We found the location excellent with the MRT right at the front door, Gardens by the Bay a short walk away, China town a 15min walk away, food halls 2mins down the road..we just enjoyed the whole trip 110%

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Suite

Staff are friendly and helpful. It's right next to raffles place MRT station. Luxurious, cosy, clean, spacious apartment. Gave fruit on arrival in the room which we needed! Coffee machine in room was perfect.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

• Suite

The air-con did not work properly and gave off bad smells. The room was very smelly alltogether and you could not open the window. The dish washer broke and was not fixed until the next day. Breakfast was expensive, no buffet, but choice from the menu. The Sauce Hollandaise was so salty that it was inedible. The room had a step and the light under the step was off- which resulted in an injury.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Room was not ready by the time I checked in (at 3 PM!) and there were still some clothes left on the drawer from the last guests.Also, no room service for breakfast.

The apartment size; very huge. Facilities of the kitchen and kitchennette; very complete. Location; closed from Marina bay sand (within walking distance).

• Suite

location was perfect, walking distance to Marina Bay and business center

• Suite

Easy access to the MRT and located near many restuarants

• Suite

Great service. Upgraded to a lovely suite.

• Suite

The staff at the counter could have told me if it's going to be a non-window view room.

Location is superb!

room view facing building

room

• One-Bedroom Suite

No pizzas available....so hardly any choices for vegetarians

The staff was awesome.....the bath tub great.....loved the kitchen😁

• Suite

There is no proper pick up point

The size of the room

• One-Bedroom Suite

A stunning suite with fantastic facilities in room and hotel with the infinity pool and gym. Staff were extremely helpful and polite.

• Suite

Room size for a family is too small

• Suite

Lovely staff and fantastic facilities. Rooftop pool was amazing and the highlight of the trip. Room was spacious and comfortable.

• Suite

Decor in my room a little tired for the price.

Great location, huge rooms, pleasant staff.

• Suite

Windows had no view. Kitchen area too small for food preparation.

Super comfy bed and gorgeous bathroom!

• One-Bedroom Suite

Probably the 2nd best hotel I have ever stayed in in the world.

No view from room

Location is great

• One-Bedroom Suite

Emergency light in the room cannot be switched off at night

Huge room, magnificent swimming pool

No kid's pool

The room is big and clean

• One-Bedroom Suite

The size of the television in the living room could have been slightly bigger..

The bed was too comfy!! The room was sparkling clean.

the bed was very hard

awesome location, staff were extremely,helpful, the hotel was immaculate, they gave us an upgrade to a suite with great views,

No parking spot

• Suite

The room is very spacious, complete, clean, and the kitchen is fabulous. Very suitable for family.

Browse Ascott Raffles Place Singapore traveller photo gallery