Reviews of Capella Singapore 5 stars

1 The Knolls Sentosa Island, Sentosa Island, 098297 Singapore, Singapore

#34 of 475 hotels in Singapore

• Premier Double Room with Sea View

Branch on the Mother’s day. I visited many branches in Singapore and this is not the cheapest one. And not the worst one of course but not worth the money I spent. Lobster was eaten at 1:30 and had never been replaced. Not a good BBQ at all. But the worst one! Cheese!!! This is nuts. The chief came out with the trolley of only 5-6 variety of cheeses like with the treasure something and cut himself for those who left (the lunch that time was over and many guests left). And gave us 10ml of Port-wine each as digestive. This is shame! Just to let you guys know in Fullerton there is 64 different cheeses on the buffet UNLIMITED and during the ordinary Sunday brunch. Sometime ago I considered Capella the best hotel in Singapore. But probably Sentosa itself and the cheese particularly began to be the terribly much more expensive then in the city so that’s why. Laughing out of loud indeed🤣👌

This is the very nice hotel. Room service, bob’s bar, both restaurants are all excellent

• One Bedroom Palawan Villa

We had the Palawan 1 bedroom bungalow. We were quite blown away by the beauty and serenity of the surroundings. However, given that we were constantly in and out of the water, it would have been useful to have a clothesline somewhere to hang up our constantly wet swim clothes and towels!

The breakfast spread was very large, and the juice counter a bonus. Service was exceptional. All the staff were very attentive and friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Capella.

• Premier Double Room with Sea View

Fumigation timetable meant pool unavailable during pm of 2 days. Given most people swim post midday a morning schedule might be better.

Spacious, secluded, special.

• One-Bedroom Villa with Private Pool

The hotel could have done a better intro of their facilities during check in

Very pet friendly facilities, warm n friendly staff, awesome pool, idyllic environment with lots of greenery and birds

• One-Bedroom Villa with Private Pool

The pool deck and outdoor bath is a little old and dirty, given that it’s in an outdoor area but I feel more could be done to upkeep the bathtub outside as it had lots of weathered stains and even dried bird droppings which made me think twice before running a bath for myself and my baby.

Capella staff never fail to live up to their service standard. Polite, helpful and extremely accommodating, from the valet right down to the restaurant hosts. Each individual contributed to making my weekend stay with a baby and 2 dogs the most pleasurable experience I’ve had in awhile.

• One-Bedroom Villa with Private Pool

The see through glass doors of the shower rooms both indoor & outdoor and wc.

Great location with resort feel. Complete privacy. Near beach. Good layout of the villa with a private pool. Bright yet cozy villa.

• One-Bedroom Villa with Private Pool

We had the private pool villa, requested twice to clean the pool from tree leaves ane sticks. But unfortunately no response from room cleaning.

Locatio,and facilities

• Constellation Sea View

Breakfast was a non event. Didn't really have any wow. Juices were either too sweet or sour not goldilocks. Quite a lot of flies by the food indoors. Bedroom was over complicated by tablets and there was a fault with mine which meant i and a light stuck on the first night I got there only fixed by engineering disconnecting the wiring the next day.

Staff were friendly. Keen to help. Couldn't really be faulted. However I've been to a lot of resort hotels and this just lacked a spark. it has potential but either I wasn't in the right frame of mind or it was missing? It felt a bit like going on holiday with your bank manager, just bit precise and clinical/.

• Premier Double Room with Sea View

The check in was not very pleasant. The ground staffs did not offer a drink or their assistance despite me carrying 2 bags and tugging 2 young kids queuing at the check in counter. Another 2 young female Japanese tourists were offered assistance while in the queue and offered to sit down and wait so not sure why no one offered me help. After giving my particulars to the counter staff, we went to sit down and again no one offered me any drinks even though other guests waiting at the lobby were offered. At check out, while I'm waiting for the car pick up again nobody seem to ask if I need help or offer to render assistance or asked if I had a great stay. Not the kind of attentiveness given that I would expect from a 6 stars hotel.

Beautiful room and environment, attentive pool attendants with cold drinks ever ready. The bar has special performance that night. Hotel gave us an up grade of room which is fantastic. The Library is beautiful and unique to the hotel.

• Premier Double Room with Sea View

Tv signal is weak and blurred with limited Channel to watch. Toiletries cup is dirty, stained with toothpaste at the bottom. Balcony sofa is stained. Room given, the seaview is blocked with 2 huge trees. Found a few strands of hair inside the bathtub. Toilet bowl seat found permanent stains. Limited complimentary drinks. (Only a few cans of soft drinks and mineral water) The entire room seems to have worn off, found a lot of stains on the floor. Overall, this doesn’t look like a 5 stars hotel and the price paid is not worth it.

A quiet hotel.

• Premier Double Room with Sea View

The taps in the bathroom were very stiff, almost worn. They should be replaced!

Brilliant location, almost as if it were in a jungle. Pools were split between adult and kids which was nice for relaxation.

• One Bedroom Palawan Villa

The garden of the hotel and specially patios of garden villas/Palawan suite needs much more care, plants were either dead and without leaves or growing too big. Didn't cope with the interior of the room. Almost empty minibar is not a good idea and some room necessities (e.g. coffee capsules, bottled water, toilet paper) just ran out during 3 night stay, housekeeping didn't replace.

Good breakfast, tranquil premises.

• Premier Double with Garden View

Amazing location We have received an upgrade to a Villa and we have had also the possibility for a free late check-out staying in another room Many thanks to the staff and the direction No trouble for next stay in Singapore Se you soon !

• Premier Double Room with Sea View

The location is slightly isolated and so to get back to the hotel in the evening when it is raining can involve a long wait for a taxi. There are no particualarly good eateries other than other hotels nearby.

Staff were absolutely faultless and bent over backwards to accomodate me. I arrived early and a room was provided whilst I waited for my own to become available; the facilities were super - the lap pool was delightful ( I am a keen swimmer). It is an expensive hotel but you do get what you pay for.

• One-Bedroom Villa with Private Pool

I stayed for 1 night over at their villa room and a total of 4 people. It was a good start until at night, everyone was sneezing away and I think the room need to do a thorough cleaning because of the carpets. Because usually when we go for staycation or holidays we dont usually have these allergic situation and we had to go out middle of the night to get out Zyrtec pills.

The calmness of the villa.

Nothing :-D

I can see that the staff have undergone a lot of training and they were very spontaneous, quick and helpful with all matters of stay. Very good staff attitude they have. Very friendly. The hotel also provides a lot for the money. Please keep it up (by keeping the room rates as they are) :-D !! Bathroom amenities, sundries, complimentary drinks in the bar fridge, complimentary fresh fruits, complimentary strawberry with chocolate fondue, all point to great planning, stock inventory management. A lot have went in behind the scenes, I can extrapolate :-D... Capella is a superb hotel to stay in indeed. My wife and I are very, very impressed.

• One-Bedroom Villa with Private Pool

Service crew made a lot of mistakes during our stay and the whole experience didn’t feel like a 5-6 star hotel. It was my sister’s birthday weekend. The check in staff took more than 15 min before they managed to find our booking, even asking for our IDs a second time when we have already handed them over. Room service delivered the cake with a free wine bottle. But 5 min later came back to say he made a mistake with the wine bottle which was understandble but was a slight disappointment. The waiter at the knolls forgot the wine pairing at dinner. We reminded them in the middle of the meal, the waiter said it was coming but it still never came and I finished my main. They later tried to make it up with a lot of freebies. When we wanted to check out, we ordered for a buggy at 1.50pm. 10 min later we were still in our room and received a call from front desk to remind us to check out. We said we ordered for a buggy but it never came and front desk promised to send another buggy. 10minutes later the buggy still did not come and we walked to the front desk to check out. It was only then the front desk apologized and offered free drinks at the library which was complimentary. It made me more dissatisfied with the service because when we checked in no one told us about complimentary drinks at the library.

Villa was comfortable.

• Premier Double Room with Sea View

The property requires renovation soon. Already old and somewhere worn out. Also the single glass of milk for the baby should not cost more than 10S$ in room service. This is nothing in comparison with overall cost of stay but can demonstrate the lack of attention to the guest’s needs

Beautiful hotel in the heart of Sentosa. Really 5*. Very nice bar with amazing staff. You can easily spend the whole evening there. Restaurants are also of the highest standard. The last but not least - incredible pools with nice cocktails and compliments.

• Premier Double Room with Sea View

Service was really attentive and thoughtful, including being contacted by the concierge before our stay to make sure it was special. Fantstic pre-natal massage at the spa. Room and pools were lovely, a great weekend away!

• Premier Twin Room with Garden View

THE HOTEL STAFF WAS NOT VERY COPERATIVE. THE ROOM WAS NOT VERY CLEAN. EVEN THE CORRIDORS THE WATER IS LEAKING. THE BATHROOM WERE SO BAD. OVERALL EXPERIENCE WAS TERRIBLE. THE RESAURANT FOOD WHAT WAS ORDERED WAS TOTALLY BAD.

• Constellation Sea View

More frequent checks on in-room amenities such as the heater for the jacuzzi that was spoilt but resolved with also great help from the duty manager to deal with the unpleasantness. Maybe the hotel could consider buggy service or rental of buggies to help guests move around the island better.

Overall, Capella is a wonderful place to spend honeymoons or short getaways. The options available are plentiful. It is also great that there is a quick access to the beach and three different pools available. A splendid library with great service. Despite the minor hiccups for the amenities in-room during my stay, the staff's excellent service is indeed under-rated.

• One-Bedroom Villa with Private Pool

Service was great checking in and out. Housekeeping was okay. They didn’t pick up the phone often but it was a minor inconvenience.

The hotel is lush and comfortable. The grounds add to the sense of relaxation.

• Premier Double Room with Sea View

Guest room - sea view was more than partially blocked by big treees. And the water was milky and brown due to maintenance work

Service of staff was excellent. Food at Cassia restaurant was excellent

• One Bedroom Palawan Villa

Staff was amazing- knew us by name by second day and were super helpful with everything. We jad 3yo and 8month old baby and we had our departing flight at 12am, and they gave us free three bedroom suite to use till we needed to go to the airport- absolutely amazing!!!

• One-Bedroom Villa with Private Pool

the check-out process was fairly long for this category of hotel. The staff was not particularly welcoming during check in either. When we arrive at our villa (at around 16h00 so 1h after regular check in time) we noticed that a tray with dirty dishes was still left for collection on the doorstep. To add to the confusion there was a handyman fixing up the light in the private pool when we got there and we had to wait for another good 15min for him to be done. The hotel was clearly running at full occupancy this weekend and we noticed the staff was probably a bit overwhelmed: got the wrong food delivered and still got charged for it after they told me they would wave it, 20+ minutes waiting time for a buggy, long waiting time to get the operator on the line...ect.

The villa was amazing the staff was pleasant. Despite the small inconveniences listed below, the staff made up for it by offering a free in-villa dinner. They had also arranged for a romantic set up of the villa at night for us when i informed them this was a wedding gift. The main pool and the spa are great.

• One-Bedroom Villa with Private Pool

Unique high end resort and hotel designed by the esteemed British architecture firm Foster and Partners. Lacks the kitchy approach prevalent in the six star hotel class, this beautiful and quirky complex rejuvenates body and soul with a mechanical, masculine efficiency.

• One-Bedroom Villa with Private Pool

Food was mediocre and can be improved on. We have stayed at Four Seasons and the Datai in Langkawi and both places had extremely good food (in room dining and at the restaurants on site). Capella should consider getting better cooks to improve the food standard to be similar to those beach resorts which are of a similar standing in terms of rating, facilities and service.

Room was very nice and service was excellent

• Premier Double with Garden View

Checkout. Our staying and two breakfasts were prepaid before our arrival. But ... they wanted full payment and added third breakfast ! So , they wanted double charge. It was really unpleasant. Their manager solved the problem, but the conversation with their resiptionist wasn’t effective, I felt disappointed.

Location, interior design, amazing garden, very special atmosphere. Beautiful colonial styled library, cascade pool, friendly and helpful staff. Our room was upgraded to very comfortable club suite with two bedrooms and kitchen. SPA Auriga is perfect place for relaxation, they have professional therapists and interesting treatments.Their transportation service is very good, I would like to recommend it for guests. They have free shuttle to city mall. Delicious breakfasts, Chinese and European food, Mediterranean too.

• Premier Double Room with Sea View

Croissants are amazing! The room was spectacular! The Library was amazing with the refreshments 😍 Love this hotel!!! Would go back soon! And we’ll recommend to my family and friends

• One Bedroom Palawan Villa

There is nothing i could bring up that i didn't like during my stay. Maybe only thing that it takes a bit of time to get taxi's come to the hotel as of its remote location, but that is not a deal breaker in any means.

Amazingly quite atmosphere just minutes away from the busy city, feels like you are in the middle of a jungle. Customer service is superb, they are always available to serve your needs, remember you by your name just few hours after your arrival to ensure you have a very pleasant experience. We have stayed in a private pool villa, which is a must to try for anyone.

• Premier Double Room with Sea View

Quietness, not a crowded hotel, seaview from my room, Bose sound system, spacious room and excellent service. Comes with lots of surprises and delightful moments for kids and 1 on birthdays!!!

• Premier Double with Garden View

The room we stayed in (premier garden view room) was generally nice but you could see that it was a little dated.

The service was excellent! They catered to the fact that we have 2 young children :)

• Premier Double Room with Sea View

From the grandness of the hotel when you first arrive, to the smile and sincerity you get from every single hotel staff - just impeccable! It's my 3rd time at The Capella and yet it never fails to impress. We got a free upgrade to a 1-bedroom villa cos it's my partner's birthday - the experience is just outstanding. It's really the small gestures that counts - we had dinner at The Knolls and we didn't want to make a big hoo-ha over the fact that it's a birthday celebration. But the staff overheard our conversation and surprised us with a small cake. And the turn-down service... we were pleasantly surprised. I want to specially commend on Qamarina Nur at the Frontdesk - who welcome us and send us off with perfect smile and service. And also Nina from The Library who tend to us with great care. All in all, we had a wonderful time and we couldn't thank you enough. Will definitely return :)

• Premier Double Room with Sea View

No bday cake for my daughter, got a room upgrade instead. But no cot bed sent to us till 8pm after we called 3 times to chase after them. The staffs, not efficiency and not warm or courtesy. Look away or hang up even before I finish asking for what I want.

The view, the pool, the room, the environment.

• Premier Double with Garden View

Improve on housekeeping and flexibility of extending complimentary breakfast to in room dining like MBS .

Housekeeping service was still poor , no improvement since my first stay in may . Chilli stain from my in room dining was left uncleaned after housekeeping :(( In room service cutlery was missing

• Premier Double Room with Sea View

There were a faulty large bunch of flies around one of the stairs in the hotel, n there was a small piece of ?meat on the carpet floor. Apart from that, All was good.

The staff (from reception, housekeeping, restaurant) was helpful. There was only 1 pair of room slippers n bathing toiletry but the staff brought these to us very quickly upon our request. We were celebrating our friend’s birthday and the reception was very sweet to present her a lovely bunch of flowers and a slice of cake. The room had a great view.

• One-Bedroom Villa with Private Pool

Truly I don’t know where to start it. Great hotel, staff in hotel are the best and most professional people I have seen. we stayed in one bedroom villa, I recommend one bedroom villa to everyone. Hotel doesn’t cut corners. It’s peaceful and great pool area. Include breakfast in your stay, you will love there service. All in all it’s is the best place I have stayed , property is beautiful

• Premier Double Room with Sea View

Can be abit inconvenient unless you are intending to stay at the hotel the entire duration. They do have shuttle buses at fixed timings but the bus was abit small and couldnt fit everyone. That said, its a great location for those looking for a hideout away from the hustle and bustle of the city! Customer service could have been better as well, we couldnt even find the check-in lobby initially and no one was at the entrance to direct us. Staff helping to check in actually looked quite bored and didnt come across as very warm/friendly. Housekeeping can be a little slow, maybe because the units are quite spaced out across the property?

The room was hugeeeee and spacious, really loved the high ceilings! One of the biggest rooms we have stayed in in Singapore! View was awesome as well (although our room's sea view was slightly blocked). Complimentary and replenishable minibar, nespresso machine and bluetooth speakers were the little touches we really appreciated! We were very impressed by the sophisticated decor of the interior and the facilities provided in the room - fancy and very classy!

• Premier Double with Garden View

Check in was not as smooth as I would have liked as they did not have the room we requested. We were walked around another 2 rooms before it was right and ended up very happy. The receptionist could have made us feel a little less like we were making a fuss.

The staff were superb and we were made to feel so welcome and really spoilt (which was the purpose of our trip!). The room was spacious and the little touches like the biscuits every night and the fruit were lovely. The pool was superb and we had the most wonderful afternoon in the Spa - the best massage I have every had!

• One Bedroom Palawan Villa

I think they would be more generous with the choice of breakfast, quality of the fruits and snacks at the library can be improve.

Great Environment for family and friends. Quiet, and cosy.

• Premier Twin Room with Garden View

Would be great if there're signs showing the way to the beach.

The staff are very helpful and attend to our needs! Food at the Chinese restaurant is excellent! We can also see peacocks walking around!

• Constellation Sea View

Check-in procedures. Took about 1hr 40min before I completely settled down in my room.

Room was huge, came with a jacuzzi. Bed was comfortable, overall cleanliness was alright. Staff were polite and nice. Ambience was nice.

• Premier Double Room with Sea View

Hotel was located on top of a hill. Buggy can be arranged to send guests downhill but not uphill. Road uphill at night is pitch dark and we have to relay on the phone torch for lights. Transportation within the island should be improved at such prestige hotel (e-bike etc).

Everything was awesome. If i have to break it down, guess the listing will just go on and on. :-)

• Premier Double with Garden View

Nothing I didn't like this time.

Check in was efficient. The minute I stepped into the room i knew they put efforts in preparing the room. Especially love the orchid. Not my first time staying but this time is definitely the best. Thanks for the upgrade with breakfast, though I woke up late and did not get a chance to try their well-known breakfast buffet.

NONE

I was given late check out. Beautiful pool. Beautiful resort. Very peaceful and calm. I was given a delicious birthday cake. I love the live music at Bob's Bar. Everything is PERFECT! Can't wait to return!

• Premier Double Room with Sea View

The whole stay was very pleasant and staff were attentive. However when I left my bag in the room after checkout and called back to enquire, they said they would call me back but didn't. I had to call back 3 hours later to check on the status. When I made a trip back to collect my bag, they left me waiting for 20 minutes saying they were going to check, but it was obvious no one was checking till I went to remind them. There was no offer of a drink or any hospitality. Great service while you're staying there but I do wish it would extend to these little post-trip elements.

I love the spaciousness of the rooms, the cleverly designed architecture and the lush greenery. The staff left a plate of chocolate-coated strawberries in my room to wish us a happy anniversary! That was pretty special!

• Premier Double Room with Sea View

The carpet in the room looks very dirty with visible stains. Swimming pool is a 2 cascading tier. Floats and beach balls are provided in the top tier which is the kids pool. The lap pool at the bottom tier is very small with perhaps a 2-men swimming width. Water is warm on a hot day. Lotsa mosquitoes around pool.

The very comfortable king sized bed. In-room temp, lightings and curtains/blinds are electronically controlled. Very quiet room at 505. Bathtub with sea view. Aesop toiletries. Fluffy bedroom slippers. Bose sound system adequate. TV on swivel mount. The hotel compound lush with greenery. Quiet and zen. The Library offers complimentary mini snacks and beverages throughout the day with a little bit more spread fr 3-5pm. The coffee is very good. Can get pretty noisy here as families actually hold their discussions here for all to hear-in! Auriga spa has fantastic facilities. Massage and facial were just so so though but I was left in peace to do my thang without intrusion, after my session.

• Premier Double Room with Sea View

no kids club, but the hotel provided a suitable alternative.

staff was super accommodating. views were awesome. couples spa treatment was incredible.

• One-Bedroom Villa with Private Pool

Firstly, i was there to celebrate my birthday and exchanged a few emails with the Personal Assistant Sophia Kim to inform her about my arrival time (5pm). She wrote in the email that she would do some decoration to the room and get the room prepared by the time I arrive. But when I arrive at 6, nothing wasn't prepared: the room was as per usual without any decoration, the electronic control panel at the room shows the room is for Mr Zhao(Not me), WIFI is not working, as well as the telephone in the room (thus I was unable to even contact the hotel staff to solve the above problems and I had to use my own phone to call the booking hotline to reach the front desk). What was more unacceptable was that I waited for 2 hour and thought some engineer would come as promised by the receptionist. No one came. I even found some trash left behind by previous guest (Mr Zhao's letter) in the room. I called using my phone again asking if I can talk to the manager. And finally they changed a room for me. This is definitely not 5 star service. Not even 3 star standard. Very disappointed. I want to return, that's why I am wasting my time writing this and hope the hotel do something about it.

Came here last time and liked the one-bedroom Villa with pool. Saw peacock outside the room.

• Premier Double Room with Sea View

The pillow in the room could be much better. It was too soft.

It's been a fantastic stay as always. It always gave me a feeling that I am away from Singapore. Good getaway for us.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• One-Bedroom Villa with Private Pool

+Food - it's a joke. Terrible and awful. +Staff attention to SERVE & VIGILANCE TO GUESTS NEEDS - inaffentive, lacking. Require much TRAINING +HOUSEKEEPING- Inattentive to details. +Buggy system - Very Slow. None came even after Waiting 10 mins . Made another call to reception for buggy and yet none arrived , eventually gave up and just walked to car park. +Bathroom shower wash gels were not generously supplied. Only 1 bottle each for shower, shampoo, conditioner & body lotion when there's the indoor and outdoor bath areas as well as a HIS & HERS basin. +There is poor communication between the departments and staff as my request was not communicated Nor was Informed of the status of my request:-- which was to have a look at the CAPELLA & SENTOSA SUITES so that when I next returned (should I return that is) I may try a different Villa . I have not been given the opportunity to view my requested types of villa for my future stay and no word was conveyed to me regarding this request. For even if the rooms I queried about were fully occupied, I should have been given the courtesy of being informed of the full occupancy.Thus, I can only surmise it is forgetful, lazy or laissez faire guest hospitality officer. + Terrible , shocking follow up in the Capella

The buggy system to the villas is extremely and excessively poor. The in room dining food is inedible. For a Forbes //LHW preferred destination, staff is not sufficiently trained . Food is below the hotels in the other luxury class hotels. My order of Caesars Salad came with BALSAMIC SAUCE! ! It came as a plate of dry romaine lettuce leaves with balsamic on the side. What a joke! The Chef should go back to whichever land he derived from and relearn classic salad saucing which in the case of Caesar's should contain garlic cloves, anchovies, mayo, Dijon mustard, grated PARMASAN CHEESE(to be whisked as well as more flakes od cheese sprinkled atop a complete salad, lemon juice, salt and pepper . It should DEFINITELY NOT be 2 airline plastic bottles of BALSAMIC & WORCHESTER SAUCE ON THE SIDE! I am a member of LHW and Capella doesn't deserve the accolades it has plastered on its walls. Unless those who tasted the food have never experienced real first rate hospitality, service, cuisine and Amenities.

• Premier Double with Garden View

Would be good to add some lighting at the balcony

Service is great, Staff are attentive and efficient Amenities are top notch quality Breakfast is excellent Rooms and villa are spacious

• Premier Double Room with Sea View

This hotel just did not float our boat. Architecturally it is a mish-mash and has very little to commend it, bordering on the ugly. It is located on a slope leading down to a beach, but we struggled to find our way and got lost on the way back, having to ask the hotel staff twice for directions. The balcony was small and was in the shade the whole day. There were inadequate sunbeds by the pool, with guests "reserving" them but not using them. Sometimes technology over-complicates things. We could not work out how to close the blinds and curtains. How is one supposed to know that the controls are in a drawer unless you are told? The porter didn't arrive and we ended up carrying our own bags as our return taxi was waiting. This was an expensive hotel that did not meet our expectations. We are unlikely to return.

The view

• One-Bedroom Villa with Private Pool

there is nothing of the sort which i can say i didnt like

The Place is simply awesome , lovely , beautiful . The staff there is so good that you never feel left out , it seems they all know you personally and are at your service 24/7 . The hotel provides the buggy service from reception to the villa , the buggy drivers are well mannered and simple great and freindly in nature . loved the over all experience there . It was great being there .

• Premier Double Room with Sea View

- Bed too soft (but that's personal preference) - In my second night, I called for staff to clear the in room dining plates from my room twice. I waited for over 3 hours and still no one did. In the end, i gave up and left the plates outside the room. NOT something i would expect of such an establishment.

- Beautiful, spacious room with great amenities - Nice pool. I got water and frozen grapes when i settled down with my book. That's a nice touch (I enjoyed the grapes very much) - Good relaxing spa.

• Three-Bedroom Suite

The hotel is little bit far from Sentosa attractions. It is difficult for families but ok for young people There are frequent transportation to the resort and to the mall however there is no transportation after 9:00 pm. No much Halal food in the hotel restaurants Halal restaurants are far from the hotel No Arabic channels in the hotel TV

The space and the view of the Villa were excellent Hotel stuff were very cooperative and very friendly

• Premier Double with Garden View

It was perfect! Keep up the good work!

Capella is awesome. The room was very clean, comfortable and big. A bonus was the huge window overlooking the greenery and the sea. A good chill out sofa next to the window is a great touch. We saw many lovely birds (even a hornbill!!) perched on the trees outside our room. The staff were very helpful and meticulous and we were well taken care off. An enjoyable stay!

• One-Bedroom Villa with Private Pool

Hotel staffs were friendly and courteous. The hotel upgraded the apartment to a manor as we were celebrating wedding anniversary . Nice gesture . Hotel was lovely , full of greenery and charm

• Two-Bedroom Garden Villa

Nil

The service is excellent, room are clean. My family and I love this room/hotel. Best birthday present for my mum. My 2 yo niece don't wish to go home... hopefully can come back here again. :)

• Premier Double with Garden View

It was very dark along the corridor when we were walking back to our rooms at 12AM.

I like how the staff introduced us to every facilities in the hotel area so we knew clearly where everything was & saved us the hassle of finding it. I brought my dog along for the weekend, they were very sweet to prepare bed & water bowl for her. The room has amazing view, the room itself is extremely gorgeous, i love it. Bob's Bar is a must-go, they have delicious mocktails and amazing view as well. Very nice place for relaxing.

Long wait for check-in. Prearrival information given was not taken into consideration. Breakfast at the Knolls was disappointing for the price paid. Staff not well informed of restaurants/eating options available e.g., we were confused when staff told us the Chef's Table only catered to High Tea and not Lunch. Taps in hotel rooms were very difficult to handle. Fixed shower heads (vs handheld) not conducive / inconvenient

Very friendly and helpful ground level staff. Beautiful property and surrounding greenery. Quiet & peaceful Spacious and comfortable rooms. Good sound system. Good food prepared by Chef David at the Chef's Table. Ample and free car parking facilities

• One-Bedroom Villa with Private Pool

Excellent team that helped me with my requests. The room was brilliant and super comfortable. Easily one of the best hotels i've stayed in! Looking forward to my next stay at the capella :)

• Premier Double Room with Sea View

Staff at desk and breakfast

I asked hotel to call guest once room is ready, they didn't and guest waited patiently to 4pm.to check in. Staff at counter was rude and nasty. At lunch, we had to pour our own tea as waiter just left tea pot for us to pour.

• Premier Twin Room with Garden View

We celebrated my husband's birthday at Capella and it was one of the best decisions to do so. We stayed in the garden villa which was luxurious and beautifully appointed with an outdoor plunge pool. The staff were always attentive, professional and warm in their interactions with us. The spa service was excellent - better to book in advance if you can. We felt pampered and had a most relaxing stay at the Capella. We look forward to returning to Capella.

• One-Bedroom Villa with Private Pool

Pillows were too flat, did not provide sufficient support. A lot of mosquitoes outside which made lounging by the pool not possible.

Generous sized room. Amazing staff.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• One Bedroom Palawan Villa

They cld have informed us of shuttle service timing with greater clarity. We were not told that certain timings only applied to the weekends.

Paid attention to all tiny detaila even giving us complimentary baby accessories.

• One Bedroom Palawan Villa

As a prestige and probably a min 5 star hotel, I would expect better service provided by them. We arrive on a Sunday afternoon, understood that it was a busy wedding weekend, there are only 1 staff at the door to help us with the luggage. We need to stand there for 5 mins before this staff is able to settle his on hand work and come to help us with it. If we do not have a baby with us, I Guess we can handle 1 big luggage well enough as there would not have a baby pram and baby bag as well. No one came to help us with the door to go into the lobby for registration too. We have to struggle our way to the lobby with our baby, baby bag and pram. For your information, there are about 5 staffs at the lobby. I wouldn't say that I travel a lot and been to tonnes of hotels, but I would say any staffs working at those hotel would definitely come forward to help us. Moving to the villa, the mirrors are dirty with oil marks, the floor are dusty... Obviously they are not wipe clean, as the bath tub is outdoor, it is very dirty as well, light brown dust could be seen in the tub which make us feel disgusted... the cupboard door at the living room area, is damage... We've been to a lot of beach resort, even a 3 star beach resort cleaniless, tidiness is better than Capella. The staff who brought us to the villa did not introduce herself to us, and didn't even inform us where is the breakfast place which we had to find it on our own later that day. With a baby, I request for a baby bath tub to be sent to us, it took them a good 1 hour to send to our room.

I went to the spa during the staycation. I took up the detox package program, & I would say the spa services are really good. I walk out feeling refresh and well rested.

• One-Bedroom Villa with Private Pool

No personalised service despite advance notice that it's my son's birthday. Ants in the room. Drainage in bathroom was not good and there will be a flood after bath. The water pressure in outdoor shower was very weak. Location is quite secluded so will require some walking to the Palawan beach.

The housekeepers were very helpful. The room is spacious. Bed is comfy.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Premier Double Room with Sea View

Check in was slow. Did not keep children from the adult pool area.

Amazing location - oasis very close to the City. Great pool area. Chinese restaurant was fantastic.

• Premier Twin Room with Garden View

The resort is really nice and very kids friendly. The room is spacious with nice decoration. We were very lucky to be upgraded to a villa, thanks to the hospitality of the staffs. The staffs generally are very considerate and trying very hard to make every guest feel at home. We tried the restaurant – The Knolls for lunch and breakfast, which really surprised us with high food quality and dining experiences. I think this is a wonderful place to stay especially if you have babies and kids. Will come back again to stay for sure.

• Premier Double Room with Sea View

1)construction work on path to beach during our stay, took long time to find way to beach, not good. 2) asked for ice and two wine glass at 10pm, arrive by 11pm, longer than other hotel we stayed. 3) view is nice from the room. The library is free of charge to use, nice! 4) toooooo many kids in the hotel, noisy 5) bar was booked for wedding event when we stayed, could not try that one, a pity!

• Premier Double Room with Sea View

Long waiting for the breakfast Not value for money The size of the hotel is not that large with only two small swimming pools Although it's said sea view room, it's really a faraway sea view with bushy trees in front of windows But most problems mentioned are same to all hotels in sg

Quite

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Premier Double with Garden View

Extremely disappointing for a 5* hotel and given the rates they charge: - Hospitality/service - general lack of warmth and helpfulness (e.g. no welcome on arrival or offer to take our bags, slow check-in process with lack of seating, no explanation of the facilities/grounds, lack of pleasantries unbecoming of a 5* hotel) - Cleanliness - unwashed tea cup, unfilled shampoo bottle, notepad with previous guests notes, etc.

• Three-Bedroom Suite

Rooms were a little run down.

The staff was truly amazing. Special thanks to Sue and the rest of the restaurant staff. They were so busy on holiday weekend, but still managed to make each and every meal an experience. Beautiful grounds.

• One-Bedroom Villa with Private Pool

The paths outside the villas leading to the restaurant and pool could be better lit at night. We had to drive out for dinner as the hotel doesn't serve halal food.

The staff is very friendly and attentive to our needs. We stayed in the one bedroom villa with the private plunge pool and our 12- year- old son who has autism loved the villa which meant a lot to us. The bar fridge was stocked up with complimentary non-alcoholic drinks which we could ask to be topped up if we wished to. Thanks to Didi ( I think that's the name of the front office staff ) for the peacock soft toy which she gave to our boy as a souvenir. And thank you, Capella, for a peaceful weekend getaway! :)

Browse Capella Singapore traveller photo gallery